Author's Chapter Notes:
Answer to Shadowlady's challenge: Logan and Marie stuck in the traffic.
”It has been two hours already.”
“I know the clock, kid.”
“This is ridiculous!”
“You see me laughing?”
“No. You never laugh.”
“Yes, I do.”
“I have seen you laugh exactly once.”
“So? I do laugh if there’s good enough reason.”
“I have to admit Scott looked kind of funny when little Timmy slug him to crotch with that baseball.”
“My point exactly. Give me something to laugh about, and I will laugh. Sucking exhaust on a scorching day, stuck in a middle of a fucking bridge isn’t my idea of something laughable.”

“Three hours.”
“Oh, how the time flies… You think you could turn off the radio? If I have to listen that chick squealing after her lost love one more time…”
“Logan! I happen to like that song!”
“Well, I guess it’s okay, but have you counted how many times they have played it already?”
“Hmph!”
“At least change the frequency!”
“All right, all right! No need to get all antsy…”
“Antsy my ass…”

“Four…”
“Don’t say it.”
“Touchy, are we?”
“I have better things to do than spend whole fucking day stuck in here.”
“Better things? No shit? And here I was thinking we should do this every day…”
“Marie. Stop bitching.”
“So it’s okay for you to bitch about things, but I shouldn’t?”
“Yeah.”
“So… You’re on a bitchy mood?”
“You could say so…”
“Watch out, Wolverine’s inner bitch is about to break loose!”
“Something’s going to break soon if you don’t shut up…”

“It’s a beautiful sunset. All those pretty colors… I wish I had a camera with me.”
“Hungry?”
“Logan, where did you get this?”
“See that guy wearing red t-shirt? There’s a hotdog stand at the end of this bridge. He’s been shuffling back and forth whole fucking day, delivering people something to eat. Of course you have to pay some extra, but…”
“There are onions in mine.”
“Yeah?”
“I don’t like onions.”
“If you’re going to be such a bitch about it, give it back. I’ll eat it.”
“No! It’s fine! I’ll eat it!”

“Look, it’s moving, it’s moving!”
“We have been moving occasionally. I just wish it would be more than ten inches per five hours.”
“Can’t you call to Scott and ask him to pick us up with the Blackbird?”
“Christ! I wonder if there’s a doctor somewhere close. I think this heat made your brain melt. If there was something to melt in the first place…”
“I heard that, Logan.”
“Good. At least there’s nothing wrong with your hearing.”

“It’s getting dark.”
“Afraid of the dark?”
“Stop smirking, Logan. I like darkness. But not after sitting nearly twelve hours straight cooped up in this heap of junk with you!”
“It’s nice to know my company is appreciated…”
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that.”
“Yes, you did. And it’s okay. I wouldn’t be my first choice if I had to pick up a person I’d get stuck in the traffic with.”

“Why do you do that?”
“Do what?”
“Put yourself down like that?”
“Huh?”
“It happens every time. Do you have some sort of martyr complex? Like taking the blame and beating?”
“What the fuck was in that hotdog? You’re not making sense kid. Since when have I taken the blame of anything?”
“You do it all the time. You didn’t used to, but lately it seems like that’s all you do.”
“It’s not called taking the blame. It’s called taking responsibility, kid.”
“Well, you don’t have to take all responsibility. Leave something to others, too…”
“Gladly. If it’s something that can be left.”
“Jeesh, you’re worse than Scott…”
“Leave Scooter out of this. He’s a good guy.”
“Really…”
“Of course if you tell him I said that, I would be forced to deny it, and give you a good spanking afterwards…”
“Hmm… And what should I wear for that occasion? As little as possible?”
“Marie!”