Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, So our parted lovers start to finally get together when of course some of Logan's old friends come back into the picture and mess it all up again.
He was there every weekend at the end of each month. He never missed his time with Tristan. Even on Tristan’s birthday he was there, bought him his first bike and was showing him how to ride it. He was there on Christmas too. Everyone was surprised to know that in almost six months Logan had been a perfect father to Tristan. At Christmas he bought Tristan his first sports equipment, and when I mean equipment I mean equipment. He bought him all of the stuff one would need to play ice hockey or street hockey and football even some boxing equipment. Apparently Logan wanted Tristan to join some of the little leagues that the school was offering to set up during the school year. So at Christmas I got set up. I was afraid that something might happen to Tristan during one of his sport activities like gain his mutation or accidentally hurt another player do to his aggression that he received from his dad.

But Logan took me aside after Christmas dinner and explained to me that Tristan had been talking to him about it for awhile and thought it would be best to at least get him some of the stuff for Christmas so even if I did say no, he could still teach him how to play.
“Ah know Logan, but Ah wish he would have talked to me about it too ya know? Or at least you would have so Ah would at least have some sort of warning. I know he’s six now and most of the boys his age are starting to play in little leagues and what not but ah’m just afraid that he’ll manifest early or something.” I told him telling him of my worries. It has become easier these past months to talk to him about stuff concerning our son. I told myself that no matte what happened between Logan and I, Tristan still needed a some what stable family life. Most children now a day’s have divorced parents or at least separated ones at that so some of his friends understand why we are separated. Well at least the mother’s at the school do because most of them are that way or are in the process of coming to the dark side as most of the mom’s who are divorced say.

“I know I should have told you. But he made me promise not to tell you because he thought you wouldn’t let him. He knows you worry a lot about him Marie, and your right you know when you said he was advanced for his age. He is really mature for his age and smart too. But I really think it would be a good idea to at least let him play some sports. Even if his mutation does manifest it wouldn’t be too terrible. You can always come back to Xavier’s so he can get help just like you and all the others did.” He does make appoint of this subject and I start to mull it over in my head. Tristan does deserve a good childhood even if it could trigger an early manifestation if something happened to him.

“Fine he can play but you have to help him practice. Ah’m just going to be the support system, you know make signs and stuff. You’re the one who’s going to have to help train him though and be at all of his games. If you don’t show up to his games it will upset him a lot.” I point at him just to make sure that if Tristan is going to do this he has to be there for him no matter what.

“I know Marie, I really do. I can talk to Chuck and make sure to tell him that I can not go on any missions why’ll Tristan have a game or practice. Unless it is a huge emergency, like if the mansion is being attacked or the president is going to be assassinated, you know stuff like that. I think you would understand that wouldn’t you?” Damn him, I know he’s right. Sometimes he won’t be able to make every game or practice but at least most of them. I forgot about that whole saving the world thing he’s started doing again.

“That’s fine but your going to have to be the one who tells Tristan that you can’t make it. Seeing as how you’re his new best friend and all,” I had started making fun of Logan ever since Tristan’s writing assignment in class. He had to write one page paper describing his best friend and stuff like that. When Logan and I went for parent-teacher night at the school we got to his paper. Let’s just say the teacher really didn’t understand why Logan was wearing a leather uniform and had claws. We had just told her it was a costume he had dressed up for, for Halloween last year. She bought and that’s all she needed to know. So ever since then I’ve been making slight jokes at him about it.

He just smiled at me after I told him that and he messed up my hair and went to go find Tristan so we could tell him the good news. I walked back inside the main room where everyone was playing with their gifts. Kitty was now three months pregnant with her and Bobby’s first child and they had gotten baby gifts except for Bobby who had surprisingly gotten a box of cigars from Logan. So he was talking to Kitty all flabbergasted by the present.

Scott and Storm had gotten manly wedding presents, their wedding is in the three weeks and Storm has been absolutely glowing since November. Gambit got Jubilee a bunch of sex gag gifts for Christmas. Everything was in yellow and she even got him a new trench coat, I bet you can’t guess what color she got it in for him? Yep, you’re right yellow. He looks absolutely ridiculous in it but he hasn’t taken it off yet. I wonder when he’s going to finally tie the knot with her. Then there’s my son who is trying very hard to put on his new gear Logan got him so he can go out side and practice ice hockey. Bobby promised him that he would freeze the lake over after breakfast so he could practice with everyone. So this day has actually been one of the best days of my life. One of the one’s where you’ll look back and remember and never forget.

Later that night I sat by the fire and drinking some hot chocolate like I do almost every Christmas. Tristan was already put to bed an hour ago so I took this moment of silence to think about something’s in my life.

“What are you thinking about?” Logan asked me as he made his way to the couch I was currently occupying.

“Nothing and everything, I guess. Really just events that have happened recently, stuff like that.” I shrugged my shoulders and made room for him to sit next to me of the couch. He sat down and slouched his body and through his arms over the back of the couch an unlit cigar hanging loosely in his mouth.

“That’s a lot to be thinking about this late at night.”

“Yea ah guess so, but it’s nice just to sit quietly for a moment and think about the things you don’t normally think about,” I sighed and sipped my hot chocolate.

“Yea I know what ya mean,” he paused for a moment and then looked over at me. A serious expression had crossed his face and for a moment I thought something was wrong.

“I know this is kinda out of the blue and all. But would it be okay if… well… if you would like to go out on a date with me. You know like a real one,” I stopped sipping my hot chocolate and turned to look at him. This past year we had finally gotten over the “Jean thing” and I have been able to call Logan my friend again. Maybe not as close as friends as we once were but close ones nevertheless. A romantic relationship with him would once again open that door that I promised to never open again, for any man for that matter. But I couldn’t help but look at him and see everything I had ever wanted, ever loved and that in it’s self made my heart ache again for him. Then I said the two words I thought I would never say to him again.

“Okay, Logan,” and then I saw that smile again, the one that only Tristan and I can put there on his face.

“Great! Umm… how about I pick you up around say seven,” he asked me with that smile that just didn’t seem to want to leave his face.

“That’s fine Logan, I’ll see you around seven then,” and with that he was gone. Probably thinking he should leave before I changed my mind.

At exactly seven o’clock Logan appeared at my door. I had gotten Scott and Ororo to look after Tristan for the evening. Scott was a little wary when I told him I was going out with Logan. But Storm just gave him that look she gives all of us when we are acting childish and he quickly changed the subject to Tristan. Storm was overly excited and had wondered when Logan and I were going to start going out again. She explained to me that no matter what either of us said we were both still in love with each other. So it was about time we finally admitted it. I just rolled my eyes at her and said my thank yous and returned to my room.

Logan took me out to a nice restaurant where there were checkered tables with soft lighting and candles on the tables and a violinist played in the corner. We talked and laughed at each like in the old days before I grew up and he hadn’t fucked Jean.

“You know I am really glad I came,” I told him as we walked through the park.

“Well, I am glad you came too,” he told me with a laugh and then he held my hand and I acting like a stupid young girl actually blushed. Geez… why do I always seem to blush when he does stuff like that. You would think that after a couple of years I would get over it, but no I just can’t seem to shake that particular habit.

We finished our walk around the park and made our way back to were we parked the car Logan was opening the door for me and holding his hand out when he stopped, grabbed me and threw me into the car.

“Logan what’s gotten into you?” I asked him with concern on my face and then I saw them. A black, unmarked van pulled up beside us and four large men jumped from the vehicle.

“Marie run and don’t turn back you got that,” I nodded and moved over to the front seat of the car as Logan started to fight off the four armed men. I started the car when I noticed Logan had gone down. That’s when I new I had to choose would I stay and fight and help Logan and maybe us would both get captured and then Tristan would have no one. Or would I run and protect our son and then go out and find him? I already knew the answer. Then I whispered to myself for only Logan to hear. “I’m sorry Logan…” and then I drove off before the men took notice of me.