Author's Chapter Notes:
It's a cliff hanger I know...
When summer finally came it was a hot one just like every summer before that. We did go to the mansion for the summer just like we told everyone we would. In fact we went there every summer for four years. Tristan was now entering kindergarten and could already read well for a child his age, thanks in part to Hank who helped him every summer. Hank adored him just as much as everyone else in the mansion. Eventually people started saying he had become like the mascot for the school. Everyone loved him and wanted to play with him. Personally I think it was because they could show off their mutations and have someone be amazed and want to see them do really cool tricks. Nevertheless Tristan became a widely known name around the X-house.

However this summer seemed to be turning for the worst. Two weeks to mine and Tristan’s arrival to the school Jean decided it was time to return to the school. Apparently she hadn’t taken it too well when she found out that Scott had proposed to Storm. So she had apparently been spending a lot of time trying to convince Scott to come back to him and trying to tell Storm that Scott really never loved her and was only using him as a back-up plan until Jean would return. So when I arrived it seemed like all of hell had broke loose. The tension in the house was like that of almost six years ago. It was almost like déjà vu. But I stayed anyways against my better judgment to help Storm and Scott out with the Jean thing.

It was early June however it felt like mid July so today the Professor decided we all needed a break. So he threw a huge Bar-B-Q and Swim party. Every mutant who ever new the X-men were invited. Jubilee was unfortunately in charge of watching Tristan so I could have a chance to play with the adults for awhile. But she didn’t mind too much in fact she was surprisingly good with him. Then I heard it the one sound every mother could never miss hearing.

“Mommy” was heard being cried out from the front of the mansion. Figuring it was nothing to serious I only slightly rushed to were him and Jubilee had gone for a break.
I had started picking up pace when I heard his sobs from the main entrance and didn’t even notice the two adults in the room when I turned the corner and picked him up into my arms and coddled and hushed him till he quit crying.

“Baby what’s wrong? Tell mommy what happened?” I asked my son as he sniffled his reply.

“He growled at me,” and then I think hell froze over at that exact moment. Because only one person would come to Xavier’s and growl.

“Um… I’m going to go… well I’m just going to go,” Jubilee said as she almost ran out of the room. Probably so that she could go and tell the others of the drama that was about to unfold in the entry way. I turned then to face the man who had made my son cry.

“Do you always have to be such a jerk? Ah mean come on why growl at a five year old? Geez Logan grow up,” I didn’t even wait for his response as I turned and walked away back to the pool where everyone had situated. I was almost home free when I felt his hand on my shoulder.

“Marie… I,” he had a look of complete confusion on his face as he looked from me to Tristan and then back at me.

“What Logan?”

“I… I think we need to talk,” he finally managed to get out.

“You have had the last five years to talk to me Logan,” I spat at him with such venom. I don’t think I realized how much I really did hate him for what he did to me and Scott.

“Well it was kinda hard seeing as how you just up and left me without a word.”

“I thought the leaving of the ring and the whole me leaving stated it loud of enough. But apparently your head was so far up Jeans ass to notice that.” I turned from him then and continued to the pool. He followed me of course but when we got out there everyone had gone silent. I went over and sat down next to Scott and Storm who asked if I was okay and I just nodded. Scott took Tristan from me and started playing with him in the water.

“Scott could you watch Tristan for awhile Ah need to go lie down for a bit? Ah think the sun is getting too much for me in this wet suite.”

“Sure go take a nap and I’ll bring him back up in a little while for his afternoon nap,” Scott told me with a little worry in his voice.

I stood up from the pool and made my way to mine and Tristan’s room. I could feel him following me with his eyes as I made my way back inside. When I finally reached my room I was so relieved I opened my door and walked straight for my bed and just fell on top of it. I was almost asleep when I heard his voice.

“We need to talk Marie,” Logan said.

“Rogue, my name is Rogue. You can’t call me Marie any more and as far as Ah’m concerned we have nothing to talk about.”

“Is…is he mine?” The question was so simple so selfish and it just made me madder. After all these years not ‘I’m sorry’ not a ‘how’ve you been?’ no all he wants to know if my child was his.

“Well I am glad you’re still thinking of your self Logan, good to see you haven’t changed. But if you must know yes he is your son. But like that matters now does it? He’s been your son for five years and that hasn’t changed you or the fact that you even cared enough to find out if you even had one.” Silent tears were running down my face now and that infuriated me more than his stupid question.

“You’re mad at me for asking if he was my son. You know it would have been great if you would have at least told me! It’s not like I new you were pregnant or anything” Logan yelled at me.

“You didn’t deserve to know! Not when your dick is buried six inches into that little slut! So tell me was she better than me? Uh? Tell me what was so good about her that you had to ruin everything we had on that stupid whore!? Tell me what she had that I didn’t!” I don’t know when I got off the bed and had moved to stand in front of him screaming into his face, but it felt good to get the chance to yell at him.

“She wasn’t better. I was afraid,” Logan said quietly.

“Great you ruin mine and Scott’s lives because you were afraid! That’s really priceless Wolverine, just fucking priceless. The big bad Wolverine afraid, tell me exactly what were you afraid of uh? Afraid you would never be able to fuck your precise red head? Or that she wasn’t me?” I was beyond pissed now. First I thought I was just mad because this was something he was bringing up five years later. But now, now I’m just plan pissed off.

“I was afraid we would end up like them. That we would be them in five years,” Logan told me as he looked away, shame written all over his face.

“So you thought the best thing to do was fuck Jean? Great logic you’ve got there Wolverine,” I was slowly coming down from my high on madness but I still wasn’t convinced that fucking Jean because he was scared was the real reason for his betrayal.

“No it wasn’t, but I did it so that I wouldn’t have any more doubts about our relationship. There would be no more what if’s for me. I wouldn’t be wondering what life would have been like if we hadn’t gotten married because of my crush on Jean. It would just be me and you for forever,” he had gotten really close to me now his eyes looking straight into mine. Suddenly I knew he was telling me the truth and I could almost stop being so mad at him.

“What do you want from me Logan?” I asked him quietly as I looked at him with a tear streaked face.

“I want us to be able to start over again. I dead without you Rogue; I have nothing left to live for. I’ve been wondering around the states for three years trying to find you. But apparently I needed to find my self first before I needed to start looking for you. That’s when I figured out that you are what’s keeping me going and have kept me going for the best part of a decade. You are my everything; my past, my present and hopefully my future. I want you back,” He was on his knees now begging me to give him something anything. If I walked away right now I would be giving him his death sentence. But if I allowed him to come back in I would have him to my self for the rest of eternity, Tristan would have a father figure in his life again and a some what normal family. But could I allow the one person back into my life who hurt me more than anyone else in the world?