Author's Chapter Notes:
This is an up and comming story that may never be finished....But I hope that one day it will be come competeled!
This time when I left the mansion I got to take something with me. I never thought having this little; tiny creature could do so much for me as a person. I never thought I could love Tristan as I had loved Logan. He’s perfect in every way, which is sad really because he is almost a carbon copy of Logan. Even now as he rest in his basinet, it took me nearly till three in the morning to get him to go to sleep. Just like Logan had been, restless till the moment he couldn’t keep his eyes open and sleep took over his body. Now as I look at our son lying there peacefully in his cradle I don’t see Logan any more I see a bigger and brighter future, and that scares me a little. Because, I never thought I would have to see the day when there would be no Logan to help me bring up our son.

Hank had given me the idea for Tristan’s name. As legends say, Tristan had been an English warrior who fought bravely and honorable with his men to stop the harsh punishments of their Irish owners. It was said that he had eventually fallen in love with a girl who to a normal Englishman would be untouchable. She had apparently been the only daughter of the Irish King at the time. When Tristan and she had fallen madly in love they did everything they could to try and not love each other until all they could do was love each other. In the end Tristan died trying to protect her and his England the Irish princess left on a boat and was never heard from again.

I told Hank that Tristan was perfect. Because, the story of Tristan reminded me so much of the sad story that made up mine and Logan’s relationship. Except Tristan would be stronger and would be braver than us and he will fight for love until there was nothing left to fight for. I guess all in all the story of Tristan even slides into Xavier’s dream for undying love for all that is human. I don’t think realized how significant my son’s name had become to me.

Tristan will always be the reminder of the love that Logan and I had once shared and when I look at him I will love him just like I love Logan. Unconditionally till the day I die. The sun is rising and I can already tell that Tristan will be up in less than an hour, but I can’t help but stare at him. He is perfect my son.

As the day’s moved on Tristan seems to be more and more like his father every day. His mannerisms keep getting him into trouble however. But I just can’t seem to reprimand him for the natural things he does. Especially if his own father does them, even if Tristan is aware of them or not.

Kitty and Bobby’s wedding is in three days and I have been asked to be the maid of honor. I am so excited for them; it is a long time coming. I know they will make each other every happy through out their lives together. Scott picked up this morning in the black bird. Tristan loved every minute of it. Scott even let him sit in his lap and hold the wheel (with the ever so guiding hands of Scott of course.) It was an adorable sight; Storm even took pictures so that she could use them for black mail later in life.

When we finally landed we got a huge welcome. Kitty, Bobby, Jubes, Gambit and the Professor were all waiting for us. I had to hand Tristan to Storm before Kitty and Jubilee tackled me to the ground.

“I am so excited you are here! This is going to be the best weekend ever!” Jubilee squealed as she hugged me.

“You’re telling me I am the one getting married here!” Kitty stated to us with more enthusiasm than I have seen in her since well ever.

“Well at least Ah know Ah’m missed around here,”

“Missed, girl that was an understatement. We totally died while we were gone, we were a hopeless mess!” Jubilee told me with a dramatic show of her hands.

“Yes Rogue we have missed you very much since you were last here. Now I have set up some things for you in one of the guest rooms, seeing as how I don’t think Tristan here would be very comfortable sharing a room with Katherine and Jubilee,” The Professor told me as we headed upstairs to the main building.

“Ah think you are quite right Professor and thank you for setting things up for me,” I told him as I took Tristan back from Storm. He gave me a knowing smile that always seems to make its way across the Professor’s face. At that moment I realized how much I really did miss stay here at the mansion.

Scott was placed in charge of showing me to my room so I could unpack Tristan and mines stuff. The room he took me in was not what I was expecting. The room was actually two bedroom, one with a master bedroom the other a nursery.

“We set it up right after Tristan was born. We wanted you both to know that you always have a place here no matter what happens,” Scott told me as he set my suite cases down.

“It’s absolutely lovely Scott,” I told him as I placed Tristan down on the floor who was learning how to walk. Hank had told me that do to Logan’s primal instincts, that is was probable that our son would to have those same instincts. So his child development was probably going to be much faster than other children his age. So here he is just barely over a year old and trying to walk. Hank thinks it absolutely fascinating. Seeing as how Tristan is one of the first documented children of two parents who obviously carry the mutant gene.

“Well I’ll let you get settled in and dinner is at seven as usual,” Scott said as he walked out the door. I finished the quick unpacking of our bags and then laid Tristan down for his afternoon nap. I decided to freshen up and take a quick shower and then change for dinner.

After my shower I dressed in one of my now usual dress. Long sleeved navy blue dress with white stockings and white kid gloves with black heals. I did my make simply as usual and then pulled my hair up into a knot of the top of my head. After I checked my self one more time in the mirror I went to go and wake Tristan up and take him to dinner.

At the dinning hall I relieved to find that Scott had so kindly set up a place for Tristan and me to sit at the adult table. He even had a high chair seated right next to my chair for Tristan.

“Hey Roggie! We were just talking about you,” Jubilee said to me as I placed Tristan in the high chair.

“Yea and what about me?” I asked her as I seated my self next to Scott and Strom.

“That you totally need to come back and stay here for awhile you know for the summer, once school is out,” Kitty filled in for Jubilee.

“Ah don’t know, Ah mean what about mah house and all of mah things?” I asked them.
“You know we could easily have some one take care of the house for you for the summer,” Scott piped in as he ate some of his mashed potatoes.

“Ah don’t know Ah would have to think about it,” I told them honestly.

“Just think of it as a summer vacation. I mean Tristan would always have some one to play with and we miss you. Not seeing you for months at a time is so boring,” Kitty told me as she poked at her roast.

“You know she is right Rogue. A vacation wouldn’t hurt you or Tristan for awhile,” Storm commented.

“Fine, fine Tristan and I will come here for the summer. Now will ya’ll stop badgering me and finish dinner?”

Dinner was extremely pleasant for the rest of the evening; we all discussed everything from Kitty’s wedding in the next two days to the political aspects going on in Washington over the MRA. To say the least is was really relaxing.

The next couple of days were a blur. Kitty’s wedding was beautiful. Bobby had made ice sculptures of the two of them and some others of Swans and other beautiful things. Storm even made it snow again for the wedding (a tradition I think she’s going to continue doing) and multiple even became the waiter for the evening. The food was delicious and the cake even more splendid. Kitty and Bobby looked so happy together as the floated across the dance floor during their dance it almost broke my heart remembering my own wedding. However after Kitty and Bobby left on their honey moon to Alaska (of course some place cold apparently Bobby feels more comfortable in colder climates) we all headed to the sitting room to have a late night nightcap.

It was Jubilee, Remy, John, Scott, Storm, Xavier, and Hank and of course me and Tristan who was playing with some blocks on the floor in front of the fire John had lit for us. The atmosphere was priceless. I almost didn’t want to return home after such an event but like most things life must go on.

“So I hear you and Tristan will be staying with us for the summer, I am very glad to hear that. I think it would do you both some good to be with people who love you as much as we do,” Xavier told Rogue as he sipped his brandy.

“Ah think Tristan would really enjoy it too. Especially if he does manifest then he won’t feel so much like a freak like we all did when we first manifested. Ah think this way he will be able to feel like it’s a normal process.”

“You know that’s a really good way of looking at it Rogue, I mean from the physiological viewpoint of course,” The Professor added while he finished the last of his brandy.

“Well it’s getting late I should take Tristan to bed so we can get an early flight from Scott,” I told them as I moved over to the floor to pick Tristan and his blocks up. The rest of the group continued their earlier discussions as I headed up the stairs to our room.

The next morning I had Tristan and I packed and ready to go by eight o’clock. We went downstairs and had a light breakfast and then had Scott pack our bags into the Blackbird while we said our goodbyes to our friends and family. The ride was short on the Blackbird and quite most of the way home. Scott and I talked little but he did tell me he was excited about my return to the mansion this following summer.