It took me what felt like forever to get that little old house back up to shape. Apparently the resident before me didn’t believe in home care services. All of the major appliances were extremely out dated and most didn’t work so I had to call the local repair man Phil to come over almost everyday and help me fix one thing or another. Phil was a nice young man in his late twenty’s with short red hair and hazel eyes and other than that pretty much average. By this time I had started using Rebecca my alias as my real name and I had told every person who asked that I used to live up north in a big city and thought it was just time for a change.

Most of the residence of the neighborhood believed my story and thought it was a good one at that. I even got a job at the local school as a High School English teacher. Everything seemed perfect in the two months that I lived in Castlemann, until I started feeling sick in the mornings. Eventually I figured out what was wrong.

I called Hank McCoy (a.k.a Beast) and asked if he wouldn’t mind flying down to Castlemann and giving me a once over. However I strictly told him that no one was to know about his little vacation and except for Scott and the Professor. Only because those were the only two people who at the time new of my present location. He said he would be down right away. I didn’t expect him to come that soon but what ever made the Beast happy was okay with me.

When he arrived at my doorstep Scott was with him. I was so excited to see him standing there next to Dr. McCoy; I nearly plowed him over with a crushing hug.

“Hey sugar, how are you?” I asked Scott and I ushered him and Hank into the small living room.

“I’m doing okay. Trying to get past the whole Logan and Jean thing but getting by nevertheless. What about you? This place seems perfect for you?”

“Same as you Ah guess, just trying to move on. Ah mean don’t get me wrong Ah love the mansion and everyone their, its just too hard to look at those two and have to remember everyday. Ah mean Ah guess Ah’m just not as strong as you are when it comes the ‘Logan and Jean thing,’” I told him with my fingers in the air which made the whole conversation lighten up a bit.

“So Ms. Rogue I guess we should have a look at you now shouldn’t we? Now you say you haven’t been feeling well lately my dear?” Hank asked me in his usual professional tone. I nodded in response to his question knowing full well what the symptoms that I have been having really mean.

“Hank Ah am pretty sure that Ah’m pregnant, but Ah just want to make sure that Ah’m right before Ah go and start making a baby’s room and everything ya know?”

“Of course my dear I completely understand your reasoning and I would gladly assist you,” Hank told me with a slight sadness in his eyes. I knew what he was thinking ‘poor Rogue’ pregnant and the fathers off sleeping with someone else wife.

“You’re pregnant? Are you going to tell Logan?” Scott asked me with a worried expression on his face, even if I couldn’t see it in his eyes I could still tell by the way his jaw tightened.

“No. Logan lost that right the moment he slipped into bed with Jean. If he really wanted to know then he should of kept it to a one woman show,” Scott gave me one of his famous smirks and then I allowed Hank to follow me to my new bed room so that he could properly test me. About thirty minutes later we came back into the living room. Scott was standing by the fire place looking at some of the pictures I had brought with me and framed. Some were of us together on the fourth of July others of Jubes, Kitty, and me skating on the frozen lake last Christmas that Bobby had so generously frozen for us. Happy memories before the world became too crazy to even want to indulge in anymore.

“So what’s the verdict Rogue?” Scott asked me another smile on his face as he was still remembering the fun we all used to have together.

“Ah’m going to be a mommy!” I told him with a happy smile on my face. Scott came up too me a pulled me a hug bear hug and kissed the top of my head. I do believe at that moment I was truly happy for the first time since the ‘Logan and Jean thing’ as Scott and I so proudly call it.

That night Hank and Scott stayed for dinner but had to leave shortly after wards do to the fact that they both had lives they needed to get back too. However the both promised that they would visit me every month. Hank so he could give me regular check ups and Scott so he could make sure I was still getting along just fine.

And they did for the next seven months they both came back and caught me up on all the last news from the school. Apparently Scott and Jean divorced which reminded me that I needed to send my signed divorce papers to Logan. Scott was now romantically involved with Storm who knows about me but not where I am located which I told him was perfectly fine. Kitty and Bobby were to be married in the next two coming winters (who would have thought Iceman marrying in the winter). I was giving an invitation from Scott from them and I told him I would try and attend so save me a seat. Jublee had finally found some one that was just as crazy as her. His name was Gambit and a thief from Louisiana. Then there was Logan and Jean and from what Scott told me not everything was looking to good in paradise. Logan apparently moved out and was roaming the cold terrain of Canada again and Jean had taken a sabbatical and was in Washington almost full-time now. I laughed at that. It was almost perfect poetic justice with a slight hint of irony.

Never the less, almost exactly nine months to the date Hank had me flown to back to the mansion so that I could give birth to my beautiful son Tristan. Who looked like the spitting image of Logan. Except when it came to his hair he had jet black hair that had a tiny little strip of white of to one side. Which to my dismay made me roll my eyes at when Hank placed him in my arms.

“He’s absolutely adorable!” Jublee had squealed when she and the others came to visit me down in the med lab a couple of hours after I had given birth to the new light in my life.

“He’s perfect,” Kitty said as she took her turn holding him cooing to him softly as he wiggled about in her arms.

“We were so worried about you Rogue, especially since we didn’t know if you could touch the baby or not,” Bobby told me as he took his turn rocking Tristan.

“Ah new Ah would be able to touch him, Ah mean he is mah own flesh and blood and all,” I told him with slight sarcasm in my voice which he noticed and smirked at me.

“Okay people Mommy and Baby need some rest, you can all see them later,” Scott told the small cluster of people who had gathered at my bedside.

“Hey Scott, can you come here a minute?” I asked him as he was ushering the last of people out of my room.

“Yeah sure what do you need?” He asked me.

“I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind being Tristan’s godfather.”

“Rogue I would be beyond pleased to be able to do that for you,” Scott said with a hug smile on his face.

“Thank you” I told him as I nodded off to sleep, who new birth could be so tiring?