Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally its finsihed! I was going to make it a tradgic ending but I decided to flip a coin and well it's not as tradgic as I had originally intended it to be. Well enjoy!
I never thought I would see the day when I would be the one who would kill Marie. It was like the light had finally come back on after her little speech she gave me. I had heard everything she had told me but it was like I was hearing it but not seeing it or even being there. Then when the lights did come back on I wanted to crawl right back into the darkness. I had ripped opened her uniform and was touching her skin to skin but I couldn’t feel the pull. So I laid her down softly on the ground and took one of my claws and drove it into the side of my neck, damaging the little chip they had implanted into me. Then I made my way to the Doctor.

“YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH! YOU MADE ME KILL MY WIFE!” I screamed at him and drove my claws into his chest making sure he felt it as I moved them around while they were still inside him. Then I let his body drop to the floor and crawled my way back to Marie. She was cold and her lips were a pale blue and her skin was pure white even through the smeared blood that covered her. I held her tightly close to my body just like I did all those years ago on Liberty Island. Except this time I was pretty sure she wasn’t coming back. Then I heard Scott on the com-link.

“Rogue! Rogue come in. Rogue are you there?” I picked up her lifeless wrist and talked back.

“Scott I need you to come down here. Rogue…..” I couldn’t bring myself to say it, I couldn’t even believe it. I killed her, the mother of my son. Oh God, our son, Tristan. I hadn’t even thought about him. What was I going to tell him, what were we going to do?

“Rogue’s what Logan?” I heard Scott yell back on the com-link.

“Dead,” there I sad it, “Rogue’s dead Scott. Come down here immediately, I need help!” I screamed back as I finally let the tears take over, I hugged her lifeless body closer to mine, crying into her neck babbling about how much I love her and can’t lose her now, not when I just got her back. Ten minutes later, which felt like an eternity to me I felt Scott’s hand on my shoulder.

“Let her go Logan. She’s gone, there’s nothing you can do.”

“No! If I just hold on long enough just like last time it will work, it always works! It will work, just wait, it will work.” I told him over and over again. Scott just looked at me with sadness written all over his face. Storm stood behind him and was silently crying, Jubilee was holding her and was sobbing. Gambit had fallen to his knees in shock while Colossus went over to help Scott removed Logan from Rogue’s body. Then they felt it. Rogue’s body began its familiar pull on Logan’s body. The other two just stepped back and were only slightly dizzy from there brief touch. Logan’s body had gone ridged and his veins started to pop all too familiarly, just like the last time he had touched her.

The girls had stopped crying and Gambit had moved to a squatting position as they all watched as Rogue slowly came back to life and Logan’s body slowly started to stop. That when Colossus suited himself up in his metal exterior and managed to pry Logan’s body away from Rogue’s so that she wouldn’t kill him. At this sudden movement they all watched as Rogue took a large breath of air and opened her eyes, and then she fell back down onto the cement floor and went unconscious.

“Okay Colossus can you carry Logan back to the Blackbird?” Scott asked back in his leader voice again. Colossus nodded and began to heft Logan on to his back to better carry him with help from Gambit they started to make there way back to the Blackbird.

“Good okay Storm give me your cape so I can wrap Rogue in it and carry her back to the jet. You two cover us okay?” Scott told Ororo and Jubilee and he took the cape from Storm and started to wrap Rogue. Storm went off with the guys back to the jet while Jubilee picked up the automatic gun Rogue was carrying earlier and covered Scott as they made it back to the jet.

Once everyone was back at the mansion Hank hooked Logan and Rogue up to a set of IV’s in the med lab and watched over their resting bodies. It was as if both were in some sort of comatose state and refused to come back to the world of living until everything was worked out. Kitty and Bobby kept Tristan through out the whole ordeal. It had been two weeks before Logan woke up.

“Welcome back my friend, I hope you slept well,” Hank asked him as he went to check his vitals.

“What happened?”

“Well my friend, it seems that after you killed Rogue you some how willed her to absorb your healing abilities. Truthfully though I have no really idea on what really happened. It was just like what apparently happened at the Statue of Liberty. It just took her body longer to heal this time due to the fact that she was already in a dead like state like before.” Hank explained as he messed with some dials on one of the computers that were monitoring Logan. Logan looked over to Rogue’s lifeless looking body lying next to him in a similar state that he was in earlier.

“Is she going to be alright?” Logan asked just barely above a whisper.

“Yes Logan it seems that she will be fine physically, but mentally we are still quite unsure. She did absorb more of you this time than she did the last time she touched you. So we will just have to wait and see.” Hank said as he moved over to Rogue’s body and started adjusting some of the measurements. As Logan was staring at her still form he heard voices coming down the hallway. A few seconds later Tristan came bounding into the room.

“Daddy your awake!” He screamed and jumped hosted himself onto Logan’s bed and hugged him. Logan realized that, that was the first time Tristan had ever called him daddy. He was so thrilled he took Tristan into a death gripping hug.

“Daddy your squishing me like Aunty Jubes does when I come here for the holidays!”

“Sorry kid just missed you is all.”

“Really? Good, because I missed you too Daddy. Hey Dad when’s mommy going to wake up?”

“Really soon I hope,” Logan responded as he looked over at Rogue laying there on the bed next to his.

“Good because she’s the only one who can tie my shoe in double knots just right.”

“Hey Tristan why don’t we let your Dad get some more sleep so he can play with you some more later. Okay?” Kitty asked him as she balanced her own little boy on her left hip. Her son Justin absolutely adored Tristan even if he was only three, and Kitty looked like she was about to pop due to the fact that she was seven months pregnant. I looked at her a mouthed a thank you and she just gave me a smile that said ‘I understand, I’m a parent and lover too.’

“Okay. I’ll come and see you later okay Daddy?”

“Okay sport see yea later,” and with that Kitty took Tristan’s hand and led him out of the med lab. Then Logan laid back down on his bed and turned his head so he could watch Rogue sleep.

It took another two weeks before Rogue finally woke up. Logan had taken over his new roll as a single parent quite well while Rogue was still unconscious. When she finally woke she found Logan and Tristan were at one of the tables coloring pictures.

“So how are my guys doing today?” I asked them as if I just woke up from a nap. They both stopped what they were doing and Tristan ran up and jumped on my bed and gave me a large hug.

“Mommy you finally woke up. I thought you were going to sleep forever like sleeping beauty did in that move Aunty Jubes made me watch yesterday,” he told me with a big grin on his face.

“Oh really did you now? Well didn’t you know sleeping beauty is supposed to get a kiss from her charming prince?” He just looked at me and then smiled.

“That’s what Daddy’s for, because I can’t kiss you. That’s gross,” I just rolled my eyes, when did kissing your mother ever become gross?

“Oh really and when exactly did kissing your mom become gross?” He never answered me but just laughed, that’s when I noticed Logan still sitting at the table, his eyes searching mine while his face held anguish on it. I sighed and looked back at Tristan.

“Hey sugar why don’t you go up stairs and tell Aunty Jubes Ah’m awake and that Ah’m starvin’okay?” I asked him, he nodded and scooted off the bed and ran upstairs to tell Jubilee the good news. Then I looked back at Logan.

“You know you don’t need to be upset.”

“How can I not be upset Marie! I fucking killed you!” He ran his hands through his hair and closed his eyes.

“But you saved me in the end so Ah don’t see why you so upset. Ah knew the risk, ah could have waited for back up. But Ah didn’t, Ah couldn’t just sit there and watch as they hurt you again Logan. So if anyone is to be blame it’s myself okay?” I told him as I crossed my arms and looked at him with stubborn eyes.

“No it’s not okay, every night I have to lay awake because all I can see is me killing you again and again. Stabbing you in the stomach and watching as blood gushes out of your mouth and then I hear you say all those things you said to me and then I kill you for sure the next time. Except this time I know you won’t come back to me. I’m afraid that one day I will kill you and you won’t wake up from it either.” He looked absolutely torn between staying with me or leaving me to keep me safe from him.

“Well, Logan Ah know how morbid your dreams can get. But you aint runnin’ form me again and this time Ah’m not runnin’ from you. Ah’m tired of us runnin’ away from each other. We have a son now who loves us both and we can’t do that to him, and anyways Ah love you so you have to stay or Ah’ll make ya, so either way you look at it you’re stayin’” I told him with a huff and continued my stubborn stare at him.

He just looked at me a small smile creeping across his face. He stood up after my little speech and came over and sat next to me on my bed.

“You know Logan Ah have escaped Death’s kiss more than once.” I told him looking to his eyes that were now hazel with no traces of yellow in them.
“Well then maybe Death should take a back seat for awhile and let someone else have a chance.” I smirked at him and let a smile cross my face.

“Yea and who exactly would that be, seeing as how who ever kisses me is filtering with Death him self.” He moved his hand so it rested behind my head his other hand lightly tracing the outline of my face.

“Well darlin’ you see Death can’t hurt me so I guess I would be the one who would kiss Death’s lips.” I smiled even more; Logan’s eyes had gone from mischievous to extremely intent and were looking right at me. My eyes dropped to look down at his lips and I licked my own just from habit.

“How about we just both stay away from Death for a little while, you know let Tristan have a chance to grow up a little.”

“Yea darlin’ I think I could handle that,” and with that he pulled him self to me and kissed me gently on lips. Yea I think we could both handle not dealing with Death for awhile.