Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this is short and really really depressing...But it'll get better I promise.
I jumped when I heard that sound, I would know that sound anywhere in the world. It was the Wolverine. I’ve only heard it twice since I’ve known Logan. First time was when he was saving me on Liberty Island, the second time was during a mission and some moron decided to stab me in the gut. Let’s just say he didn’t live much longer. I was amazed to say the least; it had only taken them seven hours to release the Wolverine. I decided that if I was going to die trying to bring him back I might as well call in for some back up.

“They’ve released Wolverine. Ah repeat, they have released Wolverine, ah need back up immediately.” I whispered into my wrist as I heard glass break and a couple of yells from the lab.

“Sorry petite but Gambit got his hands full. Looks like Gambit found out where they were hiding all of dem soldier’s.” Great, just great, then I heard Scott.

“Yea sorry Rogue but were really tied up here for the moment. Storm watch out!” Then my link went dead again. Damn! This was not good, not good at all.

So I decided to be a good X-men at that moment and crept closer to the lab’s main door way. I peered through the glass window and saw Logan, no correct that, Wolverine lying on a metal operating table. His hands, feet and waist were tied down to the table by what looked metal clasps. I grimaced as I remembered some of Logan’s dreams where he had been strapped down and then slowly cut open so that the Doctor’s could pour the liquid adamantium on to his skeleton. Then I noticed that one of the Doctor’s had stared to insert something into the side of Logan’s neck and let out another loud roar at the pain of the sudden invasion to his neck.

I couldn’t take seeing him like that anymore. I stood up from my crouching position and opened the door and moved into the lab. The Doctor’s didn’t notice me at first and I was able to take out the two guards that were watching over the procedure. When the Doctor’s did take notice of me one of them grabbed a scalpel and started towards me. However the other Doctor decided to release Wolverine. Apparently he had just implanted a chip into the side of his neck that would force Wolverine to follow all of his orders. I took the automatic gun that I still had slung over my shoulder and shot the Doctor with the scalpel. He screamed in pain and fell to the floor in a bloody heap, I took my gun and shot him once in the chest and one more time in the head for good measure and when I started to turn and take out the other Doctor I felt three large metal spikes go through my abdomen and a hand grab my upper arm.

I screamed in agony as the three spikes I knew were Logan’s claws left my body and he pulled me to face him. I looked at him as I started too slumped down on to the ground. Blood was starting to gurgle out of the wounds that he had just inflicted upon me. Then I looked into his yellow eyes and let tears run down my dirty face from battle.

“Ah’m sorry Ah couldn’t save you this time Logan. Ah guess it was too late for me to tell you that Ah’m sorry that ah hadn’t realized that ah was still in love you. Do me a favor will ya? If ah don’t make it out of here and you eventually come back to us, will you take care of Tristan for me? Make sure he gets his shoes tied in double knots and stuff like that, okay?” Then I saw it, he blinked and I noticed small flecks of hazel coming through his yellow eye. By this time blood was starting to gurgle out of my mouth and I started to cough a little. Then I heard the other Doctor in the background behind Logan.

“Kill her Wolverine, she is the enemy,” and for a moment he hesitated and then he took his claws a rammed them into my stomach again making me spit up blood this time. I gasped at the sudden pain and grabbed onto his shirt and pressed my lips to his ears and whispered.

“Ah guess the old sayin’ was right. Love is like wine, with time it only gets sweeter. Like ah said before Logan, take care of Tristan for me if ah don’t make it and remember even if ah am to late, ah still love you and always will.” Then I kissed him and this time I didn’t feel that familiar pull and then all I felt was darkness.