Author's Chapter Notes:
Ew... Action in this chapter! I love action!
I drove up into the driveway of the mansion at an extremely fast speed and quickly put the car into park and jumped out of the car leaving the door open and the motor still running. I busted into the main door of the mansion, panic and fear still racing through my body. I ran into the media room where I knew most of the people would be at night. Luckily for me Scott and Ororo where sitting on the couch and Tristan was apparently already upstairs asleep.

“Rogue what’s wrong?” Scott asked me as he stood up from the couch and started to make his way towards me. I was still slightly panicking and my answer came out a little fast but I told him anyways.

“Well, after dinner Logan and ah decided to take a walk around the park and when we were getting into the car a bunch of guys in a black vehicle jumped us and Logan pushed me into the car and told me to go and well I think they got him.” I said it so fast I wasn’t sure if Scott actually heard everything I said but I think he got the jest of it.

“Okay I’ll wake the professor and see if we can get Cerbro to track his movements. Everyone else suite up and meet in the map room immediately,” We all nodded and we all started to make our way to the locker room downstairs so we could change for the up coming mission. I took a slight detour upstairs to Kitty and Bobby’s room and gave them the debriefing on what was going on. I asked Kitty if she would watch Tristan while I helped out in the search and rescue.

Down in the locker room Storm kept giving me side way glances and mostly everyone dressed in relative quietness until we made our way to the board room. Once we were all seated around the holographic map in the center, the professor and Scott entered the room. Scott was already dressed in his leather uniform and was in complete leader mode.

“Rogue I don’t think it is a good idea for you to be here, especially if something happens.” Scott told me as he seated himself on the other side of the map table.

“Well Scott thanks you for your request but ah don’t really care at this point. ah am the only one who can find Logan other than the Professor or did you forget that ah have a lot of him up there,” I pointed towards my head “and anyways technically Tristan and ah are all he has left in this world, so ah only think it’s proper for someone in that family to be there when he gets rescued. Now please shut up and tell me where he is!”

“All right I see your point, now the professor has used Cerbro and has found out that they are heading west towards Canada. I am assuming that the men that have Logan are from a government agency who might possibly want to reopen Weapon X. Now if we hurry we might be able to track them before they disappear. The professor will be using Cerbro to stay in contact with Logan until we can’t trace him anymore. Okay everyone to the Blackbird,” and with that we all got up and made our way to the Blackbird which was already being readied by Jubilee.
As we all sat quietly in the Blackbird I kept thinking to my self “what if the manage to escape our radar and I never see him again?” this thought kept running through my mind making me fidget and start to panic again. That’s when it hit me, Ororo was right. I am still in love with him. Maybe not as much as I was when we first met and it was still new, but I was in love with him not matter what happens I will always love him some where deep down. After that realization hit me is when I really started to panic and started to bark at Scott and Jubilee who were piloting the Blackbird.

“Can’t this stupid piece of junk go any faster?”

“Rogue we all know you are worried but this is one of the fast aircrafts on the market. So please be patient we are literally going as fast as humanly possible.” Scott told me in his call leader voice which I was starting to rather hate at this moment.

“Alright everyone the professor has just said that they have finally stopped. It seems they are at an old government base in the middle of Canada.” Scott addressed to us as he rerouted the plane into the right direction.

“Of course it’s going to take us a little while together so everybody just hold on tight for now,” Jubilee commented as she helped Scott set the correct course, but some how I new that comment was directed at me. So I just slumped in my chair and crossed my arms and fumed at the fact that it was taking way to long to get to his location.

It took us nearly two hours to get there by jet. When we arrived however, it looked like Fort Knox. There was guards every where and if there weren’t guards there were camera’s and unfortunately for us once we took a closer look all of the guards of course were caring automatic weapons. So Scott divided us into two teams Storm leading one and him leading the other. I was on Scott’s team along with Jubilee, Storm had Colossus and Gambit.

Scott took out a small portion of the fence with his eye beam and then we had Jubilee take out some of the camera’s by frying them with her fireworks. All was looking up for us. It seemed like these guys were complete idiots when it came to protecting their base. Of course like most things we were extremely wrong. Apparently they had techs who check the camera’s regularly and sent some people out to check out why the camera’s were suddenly going out across the outer perimeter. Like I mentioned of course they did which meant we get to kick a little ass. Well I am over excited because well I’ve been a school teacher and a mom for the last six years, so ass kicking was not a top priority. So I got to actually play a little and let me tell you. It was so much fun kicking bad guy ass!

Anyways, Scott had ended up blowing a large hole into one of the sides of the bases by accident. Once of the guards tried to knock him out with the butt of his gun but instead knocked off his glasses and well some how we ended up with a hole in the side of the base. Well, that kinda alerted the whole building so Gambit and I took it upon ourselves to just rush the building.

We had finally made it to the lower levels of the base and Gambit was talking to me about how amazing it was that I hadn’t practiced in years but could still keep up with him.

“Well sugar is comes from years of training my self and having a few trained experts in this kinda thing up in my head. So ah’m pretty much just letting those guys up there have a little fun for a change.” I told him with a smile as we ran towards the elevator that would apparently take us to the area in which they were holding Logan. During the elevator ride I calculated it that Logan had been ‘missing’ for a little over six hours now. I started to panic again when I realized how much damage those men could do to him in that short period of time.

When the elevator opened with a little ding we moved out silently into the main hallway. We counted ten plastic prisons luckily no one was occupying them or this mission would of changed from a missing person return to an evacuation mission, and personally I don’t think the Blackbird could hold all of us and I also don’t think we would be able to get everyone out of there alive. So we continued our silent almost stalking stance down the hallway until the corridor spilt into two.

“Gambit take the left you petite take the right,” Gambit whispered to me as he lit a card and made his way down the left side. I had picked up one of the soldiers guns during the small skirmish upstairs and I got down low and started my way down the right side. I decided that through out this whole sneaking around we hadn’t told Scott or Ororo were we had gone. So I whispered onto my com-link.

“Cyclopes, Gambit and I have moved down to the lower levels Gambit has gone west and I have moved east down the corridor. No sign of any persons at the moment.” The link was quite for a long moment and for a second I feared the worst until I heard static on the other end and then his voice shouted on the other through what seemed to be rapid gun fire.

“Alright I’ll join Storm’s group, she’s moved to the north side of the building. When Wolverine is located convene back to the south side until further notice. Be safe Rogue.” Then the com-link went dead, and I continued my trek down the hallway till I heard a loud roar from the far left lab.