Sitting in the den with Bobby, Rogue was laughing at the game of thumb war she had going with him when a distinct sound like a car door slamming echoed into the mansion. Frowning for a moment she rose from the couch and padded toward the front door in time to see Scott join the small group standing there, along with the familiar figure of Logan and a slim woman with white hair, blue lips, and blue eyes.

“Well if it isn’t the hairy Canadian come back to ruin our lives,” Scott’s snide comment drew a low growl from Logan.

“Fuck you One Eye,” Logan shot back then grinned at Jean. “Miss me Jeannie?”

“Grow up,” Jean shot back eying her husband.

“Who’d you bring with you Logan? Another of your little societal rejects?” Scott glared at Logan, then at the woman standing behind him.

“Huh?” the woman looked startled, her eyebrows raising gracefully before she shrugged and grinned, cocking a hip and crossing her arms over her chest.

“Watch it bub,” Logan growled, the scent coming from the doorway behind Scott making him grin as he caught sight of Marie.

Catching the shock in her scent he shifted slightly, only to be hit with a wave of hurt so intense it stunned him. Meeting her eyes, he noted the pain was directed more at Scott than anything and he cursed the other man out profusely under his breath.

“Hey kid,” hoping she’d look back at him he growled when she whirled around and all but ran off.

“Rogue!” Jean called after the girl then sighed, “God she’s being temperamental today.”

“No she isn’t,” the strange woman said softly. “She’s reacting like anyone with a crushed ego would.”

“Why don’t you go back to whatever bar he found you in? And where the fuck is my bike?”


Shaking her head, the woman glanced at Logan. “Go ahead, I’ll wait for a moment or two. After all I’m sure this is more important than anything I’m gonna say.”

“Thanks Glacier,” Logan grunted dropping his bag and heading down the hall after Rogue.

“No problem,” she said with a grin. As soon as he was out of sight she glanced back at the preppy faced little prick before her. “Now shall we straighten a few things out?”

“I doubt it,” Scott replied whirling only to find himself up to his ankles in ice.

“Stick around, you’ll find this educational,” Glacier said with a snarl. “First off, I wouldn’t go around calling anyone a reject. Secondly, I’m not a bar fly, I have more initials behind my name than ten people in this shit hole. And thirdly, but certainly not lastly, I destroy men like you for breakfast. To me you’re just another preppy little prick that hasn’t learned his place so keep your mouth shut or I will shut it for you. And your little girlfriend here, she won’t be able to do dick squat cause her little powers have no effect on me,” with a slight wave of her hand, Glacier started down the hall after Logan and Rogue.



“Hey kid,” Logan settled next to Marie on the bench in the garden.

“Hey,” Marie whispered back softly, pain laced in the words. Reaching up she grabbed for the chain with the tags on it only to stop when he grabbed her hand.

“Keep ‘em,” Logan stated softly, pulling her closer to him and leaning back against the back of the bench. “So what you been up to?”

“Not a lot. Just school and training.”

“Good, course now that I’m back your training’s going to take a turn for the worse - for you at least,” he grinned at her hoping she’d smile at his joke.

“Your new friend is very um..”

“Cold,” Logan shot back quickly. “And married.”

“Married?” Rogue glanced up at him uneasily.

“Yeah. I met Glacier three days ago on my way back, got caught in the cross fire between her and a group of anti-mutant militia,” Logan explained. “Was driving along minding my own business, next thing I know I’m kissing a huge spruce tree and the world is going dark. When I woke up I was stretched out in the back of a pickup, with her leaning over me. I lost the bike so she brought me back here.”


“Another reject huh?” Rogue smiled sadly and glanced out over the lush greenery of the garden.

“You aren’t a reject. He just said that to hurt me.”

“Hey, I hope I’m not interrupting,” the softly accented words drew both their attention.

“They let you through the mansion?” Rogue asked softly.

“He had no choice, he was kinda frozen to the floor. It’ll take a while for the ice to melt.”

Laughing Rogue snuggled deeper into Logan’s chest, “I’m Rogue.”

“Glacier at your service,” she said with a smile before the startling ringing of her cell phone had her grabbing it. “Sorry,” she apologized before flipping it open. “You kill ‘em; I’ll chill ‘em.”

“Hey baby, its Inferno..”

“I recognized your voice lover, what’s up? And it better not be you.”

“I married a sex addict,” the man laughed over the phone, “Actually I’m calling with news.”

“Yeah?”

“I hope you’re comfortable cause you ain’t coming home anytime soon.”

“Why not?” Glacier asked with a slight frown.

“Because they closed the border. Seems there’s a mutant registration convention or seminar or something happening this coming week. Everyone who has crossed the border going either north or south is stuck on the other side. According to my sources, if you’re a mutant you got even less of a chance to get home. They’re holding everyone with a mutation until after the summit.”

“Fuck. You serious?” she gasped. “What about Parker? Did he say anything?”

“His hands are tied. Everyone knows he’s sympathetic to our cause, hell he’s the one that put this outfit together, the big guys aren’t giving him enough power to even shit without asking for permission.”

“So I take it you aren’t going to be picking me up anytime soon?”

“No, and even if you do get across the border, you’ll have to go into hiding until after this summit is over. Most of the team is in exclusion until Parker calls us together again.”

“Great, so that means I’m gonna miss our anniversary, and Sara’s birthday,” Glacier swore profusely.

“Sorry baby, I know this is a pain in the ass but there isn’t much I can do.”

“I’ll keep my nose clean. If you get any news call me,” she said softly, sadly. “Love you.”

“Love you to baby, I’ll call you soon.”

The line went dead and Glacier shook her head before looking at Logan. “There a motel or something around here?”

“Why?”

“My husband can’t come get me. Apparently with the mutant summit going on in Toronto, they’ve shut the border down until further notice. Until he can pick me up, I’m well.. stranded.”

“Shit you can stay here,” Logan grinned evilly. “Rogue can bunk in with me, and you can have her bed.”

“You sure?” Glacier asked glancing between them. Noting the way Rogue blushed but nodded she smiled. “I’m going to need a few things.”

“Great, a shopping trip,” Rogue laughed rising and dragging Logan to his feet.

“Shopping?” Logan looked pained.

“Yeah. You know, malls, crowds, that sort of thing,” Rogue giggled her hand wrapped tightly in Logan’s grasp.

“You do realize that I wouldn’t do this for anyone else but you?” Logan asked with a grin, heading around the house and toward the garage with Rogue and Glacier trailing along behind him.

“I know.”

Laughing softly Glacier followed wordlessly, three days of listening to him talk about the girl before her had given her a glimpse of just what they had and it was touching. She knew from experience how it felt to be an oddity amongst the oddities of this world. A woman literally with ice flowing through her veins, a body temperature that was several degrees below normal, yeah she knew what it felt like.



Three hours later, with two bags packed into the back of the battered old truck and Rogue completely at ease with her she grinned at Logan’s look while he watched Rogue. Yeah the man was in love, and if it was any indication the feeling was mutual.


“So what exactly do you do?” Rogue asked as they headed back to the mansion.

“I’m a sweeper,” Glacier replied seriously. It was serious work, and she never joked about it.

“What’s that?”

Glancing at the girl, Glacier sent a glance to Logan who eyed her with a calm expression. He knew, but it was up to her to tell Rogue what it was that she did. “I take care of people that other people can’t.”

“You mean mutants?”

“Not necessarily,” Glacier said looking out the window. “If its classified as human, mutant or otherwise and it’s a target, I take care of it.”

“But what if they don’t deserve it?”

“Oh they deserve it,” Glacier replied softly, coldly. She still remembered her last target, he’d been a hard kill but she’d enjoyed killin’ him. She could still remember clearly the file she’d been given on the bastard, and she’d taken the hunt personally. When she’d caught up with him in that little hotel in the middle of nowhere he had figured she was just another prostitute, something to occupy his time with before he left to make his next kill. Instead he’d found himself at the mercy of a woman who was merciless and ruthless in her pursuit of justice.

“Don’t you get tired of it?”

“Not really,” Glacier looked at Rogue quickly, her light colored eyes shadowed. “I’m a specialist, I handle the cases that no one else can deal with.”

“Like what?”

“Men or women who hurt kids, mutants with superior powers,” Glacier replied seriously. “Its rare to find someone who can withstand the force of minus two hundred degrees.”

Nodding Rogue sighed, her gaze darting to Logan’s profile. “Would you kill us?”

“Why?” Glacier asked watching Rogue closely.

“We’ve killed before..”

“Sugar, you aren’t exactly a killer.”

“Logan’s killed before. He killed someone for hurting me..”


“Logan’s special,” Glacier replied. “He’s not a bad person, just mixed up at times. Too many people within him, and no escape sometimes.”

Biting her lip Rogue frowned. “Your husband, what’s he like?”

“Inferno?” Glacier shrugged, “A hero, and a helluva fighter.”

“Who is Sara?”

“Rogue,” Logan spoke softly, reaching over to squeeze her leg softly.

“Sara is my daughter,” Glacier replied shifting in the seat. “She’ll be sixteen in a week.”

“Is she..?”

“Yes.”

“So is Inferno going to call you when the borders open?” Logan asked, hoping to change the subject.

“He’s going to call me a day or so before he gets here. Probably when he leaves headquarters.”

“Good.”

The rest of the drive back to the mansion was quiet and Logan left Rogue to show Glacier up to her room. “See ya later Marie.”

“See ya Logan,” Marie smiled and hurried inside leaving Logan to start tinkering with Cyke’s car.


“He’s very fond of you,” Glacier said softly as they walked through the hallways and up the stairs toward the dorm rooms.

“I’m kinda fond of him myself,” Rogue replied quicky with a half assed grin that resembled Logan’s so much Glacier found herself chuckling at it.

“Yeah I can see that,” Glacier drawled as they stopped in front of a room and Rogue opened the door.

“I’m sorry its so spartan but I don’t usually spend any time in here,” Rogue flushed and glanced at the floor.

“Hey don’t worry, my bedroom back home is pretty bad to. A king sized bed, dresser, makeup table, and a walk in closet. Nothing else in it.”

“You miss it don’t you?”

“Bein’ home?” Glacier shrugged. “Yeah I do but you know it’s a nice feelin’. I know when I get home I can hold onto Inferno like there’s no tomorrow and spend hours just getting to know about what’s happened lately. Relearn that connection between us.”

“Yeah,” Rogue sighed softly.

“How is your training coming?” Glacier asked as she stacked her new clothes onto the dresser next to several bottles of perfume and a dog eared diary.

“Training? For what?”

“Control over your skin,” Glacier replied firmly. “I noticed you haven’t taken your gloves off at all.”

“I haven’t gotten any control,” Rogue admitted. “I don’t know why, I practice my mental exercises the professor gave me regularly, try to keep relaxed, but it isn’t working.”

“Its hard to master control,”Glacier said softly, “Took me about three years.”

“You had to learn to control your mutation?”

“Well yeah, but it was my skin that proved to be more dangerous than my mutation. It didn’t take me as long to master my mutation as it did my skin.”

“Why your skin?”

“When I was fifteen this pervert grabbed me around the throat,” Glacier shrugged with a sudden grimace. “When he touched my skin, his hand started to freeze, and it froze so badly that he went into shock and died. Not that I think he deserved to live by any means, but a week later it happened again only this time I touched someone. I was terrified, so worried I was going to hurt people that I withdrew, took to hiding behind dumpsters, and a bunch of other shit that no one should ever think about. Then about a year after I killed that guy I ran into a man who quite frankly scared the shit outta me.”

“Oh?”

“We ran into each other in the sewer, my hiding spot that year. And I do mean we literally ran into each other, my touch started to freeze him only his mutation kicked in and next thing I knew I was flat on my back staring at the ceiling’s bright lights. My body couldn’t handle the rise in temperature that his touch had created.”

“Inferno?”


“Yep, we became friends. Ya know, just chillin’ out, and he started teaching me how to control my freezing abilities. Took me three years of trial and error before I learned to control it enough to be able to touch anyone accidently without freezing them to death.”

“How’d you do it?”

“You serious about learning?” Glacier asked staring at Rogue who fingered a set of tags on a chain around her neck.

“Yeah. Hell I’d give anything to be able to touch him, to be able to..”

“I know,” Glacier sighed. “Fine, I’ll teach you later. Right now though I could kill for anything that is cold.”

“It must be a Canadian thing,” Rogue laughed.

“Honey, if you spent every day of the year with ice in your blood you would understand.”

“Come on,” Rogue said and headed for the kitchen.



Dinner time rolled around and Logan walked into the dining hall, settling at his usual position near the back of the room where he had a clear view of the door. Catching sight of Scott he growled under his breath, a promise to pay the prick back for hurting Marie’s feelings.

Shifting his gaze behind Mister Perfect Leader he hid a smile as Glacier and Marie walked into the room together. Both had changed for dinner and were dressed as differently as night and day, Rogue was covered from head to toe, her long scarf firmly in place, gloves up to her biceps, and a slightly pained look on her face.

Glacier on the other hand was dressed to kill. She had a pair of skin tight black leather pants on that rode low on her hips, a very short black tank top with some sort of writing on it and bicycling gloves on. Her long hair was pulled back into a thick braid and heavy boots decorated her feet.

“Mind if we join you?” Glacier asked sinking into a chair on his right while Rogue settled on his left.

“Not at all,” Logan said with a smirk. “You do realize that you’re getting more attention than Scooter?”

“Don’t care, I’m dressed for me not him,” Glacier replied firmly. “So we’ve come to a decision.”

“Oh really?” Logan’s tone was skeptical as he glanced at a happy Rogue.


“Yep, this is the first meeting of the Society of Logan’s Rejects and Fan Club,” Rogue stated. “And since you are the above mentioned person, and we are the societal rejects, we figure we can discuss it over dinner.”

Shaking his head Logan grinned, “Discuss what?”

“Rogue wants to learn some control techniques,” Glacier said softly, “I promised I’d help her out unfortunately we also need your help.”

“Course I’m gonna help my girl,” Logan drawled reaching for the cup of coffee that was set on the table even as he pulled Rogue closer to him.

“Good,” Glacier said, “Cause this is exhausting work and she’s going to be spending a few extra hours each day sleeping.”

“You sure about this then? I don’t want her hurt.”

“Logan, she won’t get hurt. She’s just going to be diggin’ a little deeper into her mind than anyone could ever possibly want to go, however that is where you come in.”

“Oh?” Logan glanced between the two women.

“Yep, see Rogue tells me that you’re in her head. That you’ve touched her twice now,” Glacier looked at him for conformation.

“Yeah.”

“Perfect then you won’t have a problem with this. Since you’re already in her head, along with those other two pricks..”

“Glacier.”

“Fine, I still say they are. Anyway, since you’re upstairs we’re going to use you to help her achieve her goal. However, I should warn you there are side effects.”

“Such as?”

“Well, once she starts touching you she’s going to be absorbing some of your healing abilities, that in itself isn’t strange at all. What is strange though is the way you’re suddenly going to start feeling the side effects of touching her.”

“Like taking on some of her powers?” Logan asked softly as the meal was placed before them.

“Yeah. See you’re the only one in this shit hole that I figure isn’t scared to death of touching her, of helping ease her into control. And its not like its going to be sexual so there goes any and all of the preppy little pricks.”


“But what about Rogue? What side effects will there be for her other than her exhaustion?” Logan asked glancing with a smile at the young woman wrapped around him.

“You mean other than having you stuck in her head again?”

“Yeah, other than that?”

“Hard to say. I didn’t absorb any of Inferno’s unusual stuff, other than his incredible heat and that was only temporary so I’m guessing that other than some of your mutation and having your personality in her head she’ll be fine.”

“But if we do this what if once I can touch him, I can’t touch..”

“Then you’ll have a skin to skin buddy darlin’,” Glacier said softly. “Right now though I think we just need to get enough control to be able to touch Logan.”

“Good evening,” the soft, sultry voice had all three glancing upwards.

“Jean.”

“Why don’t you join us Logan? We’re discussing some items to do with the team..”

“Sorry,” Logan smiled at her and shrugged. “I’m in a meeting.”

“Meeting?” Jean sighed, “With a teenager and your new friend?”

“Yep, very important. First meeting of our Society, and I don’t think you’re interesting in joining.”

“Logan we’re trying to be serious..”

“I am serious,” Logan snapped glancing at Rogue who’d slowed in her eating. “Right babe?”

“Right,” Rogue smiled automatically. “Very serious.”

“Nice try,” Glacier muttered under her breath as the red haired woman moved off.

“As long as you think it’ll be safe for Rogue I think we should do it,” Logan said quickly glancing at Glacier even as he leaned back in his chair, resting one elbow on the back of Rogue’s chair. “As long as its what you want kid.”

“More than anything Logan,” Rogue admitted with a shaky smile. “I realize its going to take a while, and I’m willing to do whatever I have to.”


“Better clear your social calendar then,” Glacier warned with a grin and glanced across the room to Scott and Jean. “Cause this is going to be a long week.”

Glancing at Logan out of the corner of her eye, Rogue sighed softly. As long as she could touch him and he could touch her she didn’t care. She figured this would be well worth the pain and trouble in the end. Catching his eye she smiled, looked like Logan did to.


**************

Rolling over Rogue groaned at the faint light from the window and pulled the pillow over her head, hoping to be able to go back to sleep. Shifting in her sleep she froze when her sock clad foot encountered a very warm, hard thigh. Moving her head she smiled, Logan lay sleeping soundly, one arm curled up over his head, the other extending over to rest on her hip even in sleep.

The sharp rap on the door had both of them jerking into a sitting position, “What?” Logan barked angrily as the door swung open and Glacier stepped inside. She was dressed in a loose fitting summer dress with her hair pulled back into a bun, three cups of coffee in one hand and a whicker basket in the other.

“Morning sleepy heads,” She grinned at them, noting the easy was Logan touched Rogue, the rested look on both their faces. Looked like sleeping in the same room, in the same bed was the best thing for both of them.

“Morning Glacier,” Rogue said shifting, pulling herself into a sitting position as the woman set the cups of coffee down on the dresser before offering them one each.

“So you ready for this?”

“What time is it?” Logan grunted.

“Six, but don’t worry. Nobody’s gonna see either of you until about ten anyway.”

“Why?”

“First lesson is this morning Rogue, lets see how well you two can handle it shall we?”

“Did you bring anything to eat while you’re talking?” Rogue asked eying the basket.

“Of course,” reaching inside it, Glacier pulled out the contents, handing out bowls of freshly cut fruit, yogurt, and spoons. “Something light, and you’d better eat up. Okay now then. Lets go over the rules to this shall we?” glancing between them she nodded at the dark look on Logan’s face, the sleepy confusion on Rogue’s and noted they were eating quickly.


“First off, Rogue there’s a key to getting as deep as you can go. When you’re ready we can start on it.”

“Finish your breakfast and coffee first,” Rogue grunted and sipped her coffee. “Did you do this in the mornings?”

“Actually no,” Glacier replied. “I did it at night.”

“Then why are we doing it in the morning?” Logan asked softly, lethally.

“Cause when I was doing it, I was also screwing my teacher,” Glacier admitted sheepishly. “I said we were friends, friends have sex.”

“Whatever,” Rogue grunted. “However if this doesn’t work does that mean we need to start having sex to see if that is a factor?”

Laughing at Logan’s shocked look Glacier shook her head. “Baby girl if you want to have sex with Logan, don’t go asking me. He’s the one you need to get primed.”

Flushing brightly Rogue ducked her head to hide her smile even as she glanced at Logan who merely winked and waggled an eyebrow before turning his attention back to his coffee.

Finishing their impromptu breakfast Glacier gathered the dishes and put them back in the basket before taking her position on the foot of the bed, “Ready?”

“Yep.”

“Okay, you have to really concentrate,” she started softly. “Think about your mind being a corridor or a staircase. You want to go to the deepest level you can, keep moving through it until you can’t go any further then stop.”

The soft tone was relaxing, coaxing and Rogue settled in to lean back against the headboard her eyes closed as she followed the instructions.

“There’s a door,” she whispered.

“Open it Rogue,” Glacier said softly. “It can’t hurt you, its your mind.”

Opening the heavy wooden door Rogue stepped through and froze, images greeted her. Erik and David were there along with Logan and Erik was obviously trying to control Logan. Shaking she glanced around, this was a nightmare..

“Easy now. This is your mind Rogue, those that do not belong you can get rid of.”

“How?”


“Kick ‘em out. What is each weakness of those in there,” Glacier whispered softly leaning forward. “Find their weakness, exploit it and you can get rid of them.”

“At the same time?”

“No, pick one. Pick the one that is loudest right at this moment. The one you most want to get rid of and focus on that one.”

Retreating backwards Rogue glared at Erik and blinked. “Leave him alone!” her mind screamed as she hurried toward him, trying to stop him from hurting Logan. Pulling them apart she slammed Erik up against the wall in her head, “Go away! I don’t want you here. Leave Logan alone,” the words were snarled, anger and fear lacing them.


Seeing the way she jerked, Logan sat up straighter, reaching for her only to halt at the soft touch on his arm.

“She has to do this Logan, it’s the only way.”

“But what if..”

“She knows who she wants in her mind Logan,” staring at him softly she smiled slightly, “Let her gain this bit of power.”

“But what if she wants me outta there?”

“She doesn’t. Rogue doesn’t want to lose you, she’ll do whatever she has to ta keep you Logan,” Glacier looked at him. “You saved her once, let her save you this time.”

Frowning Logan pulled his hand back and remained on edge even as Rogue’s body settled again, her hands clenched into fists. “Easy baby, I’m right here.” the soft words helped ease the remaining tension from Rogue’s body and she slumped against the warm frame next to her.

Watching the silent tears Glacier sighed, it was harder than either of them had ever thought it could be, but they would do it. “Rogue where are you?”

“Here,” Rogue replied softly. “The room’s nearly empty except for Logan who looks sorta umm..”

“I know,” Glacier smiled softly at the flush on the girl’s face. “Do you see another door?”

“Yes, its across the room though.”

“Walk slowly toward it,” Glacier said softly. “When you get there, open the door and step through but don’t close that door okay?”

“But what about Logan?”

“He’ll be fine, may even follow you but you won’t see him. Its okay Rogue, just go through the door and leave it open.”

“Got it.”

Working slowly, even as the nights darkness faded completely and the early morning light filled the room Logan watched as Rogue moved through her mind, tripping over her own hang ups and clearing them out of the way before she paused. “It’s a wall.”

“Good for you,” Glacier smiled tiredly, this was as exhausting to watch as it was to do. “That wall is the final point you’re going to make today Rogue. It has to come down but to do that you’re going to need more help than just you.”

“What sort of help?” Rogue asked opening her eyes slowly her entire body trembling.

“The sort of help that comes with practice,” Glacier whispered softly. “Get some rest, both of you. We’ll continue this later.”

“Is he really gone?” Rogue asked hesitantly.

“He’s as gone as gone can be Rogue,” Glacier smiled and climbed off the bed, stretching out the kinks in her body. “Get some sleep, you and Logan are going to need it.”

“Oh?” Logan stared at her.

“Yeah, cause tonight we’re gonna start tearing that wall down.”

The quiet click of the door echoed in the room and Logan shifted, his body felt weighted down and he glanced at Rogue who looked like she could sleep for a few more hours.

“Get some more sleep Marie, I’m right here,” he whispered pulling her closer to his chest and snuggling back into the covers and pillows listening as her breathing evened out and she slid back into a deep sleep.



Three days later Logan was wondering at the brilliance of this little mission as he sat on a blanket under a willow tree watching over Rogue who lay curled up on his lap sleeping again. The session this morning had been hard, Rogue had struggled with her fear as she touched him with her bare hand, feeling the pull, feeling his personality sliding back into her mind, strengthening itself within her soul even as she jerked away.


“The pull wasn’t as strong today,” Logan sighed as he glanced at Glacier who had moved to sit next to him. “It was still there but it wasn’t nearly that painful.”

“She’s made great strides,” Glacier said softly. “The sessions with the professor helped out, she wouldn’t have made this much progress without them.”

“Do you think she’s going to get it?”

“She wants it,” Glacier sighed, “wants it bad enough to do her sessions twice a day. Its draining on her, and you as well. I’m not blind, I can see how tired you are after each session and it has nothing to do with her touching you. That’s a rush for you, skin to skin contact with the untouchable girl, your girl?”

“I just don’t want her to get hurt if this doesn’t work,” Logan admitted glaring at Scott who watched them closely. He knew what the other man was thinking, hell it was apparent where Rogue was sleeping especially when she came out of his room fully dressed and smelling of his shampoo.

“Are you sure that’s your only reason?”

“What do you mean?”

“Any fool can see you love her, if this doesn’t work and she can’t touch would that affect how you feel about her?”

“No. I couldn’t care less about that. It isn’t about whether or not we can touch skin to skin, cause she does touch me. She touches me where nobody else ever has, or ever will, and that’s so much more than I’ve ever had.”

“I know,” rising to her feet Glacier glanced at them and smiled. “Get some sleep Logan, because you’re going to need it,” Walking away Glacier glared at Scott the scorn was deep in his expression and she knew what he was thinking. Shifting directions she walked past him without a word, her body unyielding as she entered the building and she wondered what would happen if things shifted as they would when Rogue could touch Logan.

Stepping inside she paused as Storm met her, “What?”

“Phone’s for you.”

“Thanks,” Glacier took the phone and smiled, “Hello Glacier speaking.”

“Hey baby, how’s it going?”

“Fantastic,” she laughed softly. “What’s up?”


“We got word the summit was a success,” Inferno sighed in disgust. “The bill for registration passed the first hurdle so its being sent to the next level.”

“I hope it doesn’t pass,” she whispered painfully, fear tightening her chest for a moment.

“You and me both. I would hate to see what happens when it does, it’ll be open season on human and mutant alike.”

“I know. So does this mean the borders are open again?”

“Yeah. I can come pick you up day after tomorrow. Got to get my wheels first..”

“No, no hurry baby,” Glacier smiled slightly as she realized Logan had dozed off as well.

“What are you doing down there?”

“Giving someone a few hints on gaining control,” Glacier said softly aware of the presence of both Storm and Jean behind her.

“Is it working?”

“Ten bucks says she’s laid by Christmas.”

“Mmhmm, Labor Day.”

“Shall we make it a little more interesting?”

“Oh by all means, I love a good wager between us,” the man’s voice held laughter.

“I win, not only do you owe me ten bucks but you owe me a holiday. Somewhere frosty.”

“And if I win?”

“What do you want?”

“You know what I want.”

“You got it, but if we’re both wrong you get to put on a suit and..”

“No suit.”

“Oh quit being such a baby, a suit and tie and take me out to dinner, and I’ll invest in a little red cocktail dress and do the same for you..”

“Baby you’re on.”


Laughing Glacier hung up the phone and glanced at the pair of women staring at her.

“What are you doing?”

“Sorry Red, I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill ya,” Glacier said softly. “Rule number three of the Society of Logan’s Rejects Fan Club clearly states that all official business conducted by the society remains secret.”

“You know that society bullshit is getting to be old news.”

“We rejects don’t think so,” Glacier said softly handing the phone back to Storm. “Now then I’m going riding.”

“I will find out what it is you’re up to.”

“Lady, if it turns you on to figure me out, fly right at it,” Glacier snapped walking away quickly.



Rogue sat on the bed in Logan’s room and stared at the wall, her gloves were off and she was dressed in an old t-shirt of Logan’s along with a pair of sweats she’d dug out of his dresser. Thick wool socks covered her feet although why she didn’t know it wasn’t like anyone else was in the room to get touched.

Closing her eyes, she sucked in a deep breath and turned her attention inward, trying to relax enough to get to where she needed to be to knock that last bit of mental wall down. Dragging herself through the mental rubble that littered her head she sighed and shrugged. She needed to clean house a little before she could finish up, so she started in on moving the rubble out of her way, digging through it and watching it disappear piece by piece until her mind was clear, except for a small bit of wall that stood challenging her.

Rolling her shoulders she glanced past the heavy wall and smiled, Logan sat on the other side, waiting for her. “Hey darlin’ you ready for this?” the sexy tilt of his lips as he shifted on the chair he was straddling, his arms folded loosely over the back of the chair and an open invitation in his hazel eyes making her tremble.

“Ready and waitin’ darling, ready and waitin’!”

Smiling she grabbed hold of the wall and started pulling, dragging it down and out of her way. She could feel the exhaustion building up as she jumped back when a rather large piece fell, nearly landing on her toes but she grinned at Logan who had risen to stand on the other side of the few inches of wall still standing.


“Come on baby, soon as we get rid of this we’ll be together,” he coaxed gently a familiar feral look in his eyes, his belt undone and the top button of his jeans hanging open to reveal the dark shadow of hair rarely seen.

Grunting, struggling with her own exhaustion Rogue finally managed to demolish the last piece of the wall that stood between her and what she really wanted. Jumping into Logan’s arms she cried in relief. “Its done Logan, its finally done.”

“You did great kid, best I ever saw.”

“Thank you,” Dropping a quick kiss on his lips she pulled back. “Does this mean that I can touch you now? That I don’t have to wear the gloves anymore around you?”

“Baby that is exactly what it means. Now we can do all the things we want to without worrying about something between us,” he drawled, his hands racing over her body, priming her body making her burn with desire.

Laughing, crying she shook herself, pulling herself out of her mind and back into the room. Breathing harshly she jumped up, nearly tripping over the tangled sheets in her haste to get off the bed.

Catching herself she laughed and darted for the door, jerking it open she hurried down the hall unmindful of the looks the other students were giving her. With the socks flopping loosely on her feet and the sweats held up only by the belt off Logan’s brand new bathrobe - one that had yet to be used even though he had gotten it when he’d first arrived with Rogue - and his shirt hung past her butt.

What had people staring though was the fact that she was without her customary scarf or gloves.

“Uh Rogue, you forget something?” Jubilee asked eying her naked skin like it were a snake about to strike.

“Nope,” Rogue laughed and hurried past her friend, sliding down the banister of the stairs and landing in a tangled heap at the bottom.

“Rogue what are you doing?” Scott’s voice had her glancing at him.

“Hey Scooter, how’s it hanging?” she asked softly with a smirk before darting off for the common room.

“Heads up,” Jean drawled catching sight of dark hair with platinum streaks. “Looks like Rogue decided to join the land of the living.”

“Leave her alone,” Glacier spoke softly without glancing up from her book. “She’s working hard.”

“All she does is sleep, how is that working hard?” Jean demanded crossly.

“I DID IT!” Rogue squealed hopping onto the couch next to Glacier and sticking her bare hands in her face. “SEE!”

“Wow,” Glacier stared at the exposed flesh, aware of the sudden hush in the room and people moving away from the couch, “Thought you were sleeping.”

“Naw, I woke up when Logan got up.”

“So you just been sitting up there, working on this?” Glacier said with a happy grin.

“Yeah and look, it worked. I mean I got rid of the last bit of that wall but..”

“You know what this means?” Glacier rose gracefully, “ This means we get to go shopping! We must celebrate!”

“But Logan’s due back shortly..”

“Oh I know, and we won’t be gone all day and half the night. Just a quick run into town for something to help us celebrate. Trust me Logan’s gonna be in seventh heaven with this advancement.”

“How long would it take me to make the next leap?” Rogue asked softly staring at Glacier.

“That’s up to you. You can make it long or short, however I’d stick with Logan for a bit darlin’,” Glacier said softly, brushing a lock of platinum out of the girl’s eyes. “You know get used to the sensations, otherwise its going to be a system overload and you’re going to retreat back behind the gloves.”

“You think so?”

“Know so. I did it.”

“Well I’m not in any hurry to make that leap so I guess we can forget about it for now,” Rogue said slowly, thoughtfully.

“Perfect, now go get changed into something that you’d actually wear in public and meet me back here in ten minutes,” Glacier smiled. “And do not do your hair.”

“Uh..”

“Go change, trust me,” the gentle push sent the girl flying from the room and up the stairs.

“What was that all about?” Jean asked softly, her gaze on the woman who turned her head and glanced at her sharply.


“When she wants you to know, she’ll tell you.”

“I am going to be so glad when you’re gone,” Jean muttered crossly.

“No you won’t,” Glacier rose to her feet. “Cause Rogue’ll still be here. And as long as she is, you can’t have him.”

Gaping at Glacier as she stalked smoothly from the room, Jean sighed and turned her eyes back to her book. How easily the woman read her, and she wondered if everyone else could read her like that. Did everyone know that she lusted after Logan, that in the darkest part of the night when Scott was making love to her, she was wishing it was Logan? She sincerely prayed that it wasn’t the case, because she liked having the stability of her relationship with Scott, liked having him around all the time in case she needed someone to lean on.

What pained her though the most was the fact that she was certain deep within his heart that Scott knew about her fantasies of Logan. Knew she was attracted to the rough talking Canadian and it was one of the major reasons he didn’t like the other man. If there wasn’t that attraction, that lust there, Scott and Logan would probably have gotten along a lot better but there was and she was paying for it each night.

Sitting there she watched in silence as Rogue and Glacier headed out the front door, headed to celebrate something she knew nothing about. As soon as the door closed she breathed a sigh of relief, it was disconcerting to know that she wasn’t a complete mystery to those around her.


Driving into town in the Porsche, Glacier glanced at Rogue who looked kinda scared, but excited at the same time, “Relax Rogue, this won’t hurt.”

“But I want to tell Logan..”

“You will,” Glacier said. “But I think we need to talk before you and Logan get too involved.”

“Look I love him, and he cares about me,” Rogue started, anger building quickly.

“I know that,” Glacier said softly. “But things aren’t going to be easy for either of you. You live with a couple that for whatever reason have found Logan to be a threat. That in itself isn’t shocking, I mean Logan’s a walking talking weapon, but that isn’t what he threatens.”

“Jean’s attracted to him,” Rogue whispered. “And he was attracted to her at one point, maybe he still is..”

“No, that’s not the impression I get from him. I think he’s here because of you. And because he’s here for you, he threatens the mundane existence that Mister and Missus Prepschool have.”

Laughing at the images Rogue nodded, “But Logan isn’t after anything like that.”

“I know, but I just wanted to make sure you knew that. I don’t want you to worry about Logan wanting something from her that she’s very willing to give..”

“Not if she wants to keep her hair she won’t.”

“That’s my girl. Besides that Logan may want sex but the only one he wants it with is you, so no worries,” Glacier laughed. “Now since we’re going to celebrate what do you say to a make over and some new clothes?”

“The new clothes I can do, the make over..”

“Trust me on this. I come to New York often and I know the most wonderful salon where we can get everything we want done, nails, hair, makeup and all with someone who’s touch is lethal - she’s a mutant to. Wears latex gloves to do everything so you up for a make over?”

“Sure as long we get new clothes before hand.”

“Gotcha,”Glacier said softly and hit the accelerator. When they hit the mall, she locked the car up and headed inside with Rogue close by. “So what do you feel like?”

“Honestly?” Rogue shrugged, “Something sexy, revealing. Something that screams I did it!”

“Mmm,” Glacier nodded and grinned before dragging the younger woman down the massive corridor to a small boutique. Stepping inside she grinned, “Hey Lara, how’s it going baby?”

“Glacier!” the young woman walking toward them was dark, her skin was almost white but her hair, makeup, clothing was all blacker than night and she looked happy. “I am so glad to see you. Been a long time.”

“Too long, we should get together after this summit.”

“You are absolutely right. I need a holiday,” she glanced at the platinum streaked girl behind Glacier. “And who is this?”

“This is Rogue, she’s a friend of mine,” Glacier smiled. “Rogue this is Lara.”

“Are you Goth?” Rogue slapped a hand over her mouth and blinked.

“No,” Lara smiled. “I’m afraid I’m not, this is my natural color unfortunately,” she lowered her voice to a bare whisper. “They call me Nightshade, I work with Glacier here.”

“Oh. Nice meeting you,” Rogue said flushing slightly.

“Nice to meet you. Now what can I do for you?”


“We want something that screams ‘I did it’, you know something that’s sexy, revealing without being slutty, something that would turn even the most honorable man’s head - namely her man’s.”

“Ooh, hot date.”

“She master the first steps in control,” Glacier smiled at Rogue who was looking around the store with fascination. “Can now touch the man of her dreams.”

“Well in that case,” Lara smiled. “You want anything to go with that outfit?”

“Yeah, black leather pants, a couple of tiny t’s, some boots, and we need two pairs of footwear. One to go with the first outfit, the other to wear anytime anywhere, even if she had to fight in them and please nothing my grandmother would wear.”

“How about a pair of your style boots?”

“Sure,” Glacier said as Rogue picked up a long cloak in black silk with red stitching. “Rogue what color?”

“Logan likes me in black or green,” Rogue replied firmly. “And I love the green look.”

“Okay, something in deep forest green with silver thread or embroidery and made it a bit flirty.”

“I have the perfect thing,” Lara said hurrying off while Rogue tried on the cloak.

“I like this,” Rogue looked at Glacier as she stood wrapped up in the cloak. “It covers me from head to toe and its pretty.”

“So get it,”

“I don’t have that kind of money. I mean I’m going to be doing extra chores for a year to pay for anything in this place..”

“Rogue, jut add it to the pile on the counter,” Glacier said. “Consider it my reward.”

“I don’t..”

“Rogue, don’t argue. You can’t win. Besides you deserve it, you’ve made amazing progress in your little endeavor and frankly if buying you a couple items of clothing makes me feel like I’m rewarding you let me.”

“Sorry, just not used to anyone but Logan wanting to buy anything for me.”

“Yeah well, don’t go worrying about that. Logan’s another kettle of fish baby,” Glacier smiled at her and patted her on the shoulder.

“It must be a northern thing.”

Laughing Glacier shook her head and glanced back at Lara who was currently coming toward them with a mass of forest green silk and a pair of matching heeled boots.

“Wow,” Rogue reached out to touch the dress. “This is beautiful.”

“Try it on,” Lara said softly. “Lets see if it fits. I think it will.”

“How do I let myself get talked into these things?” Rogue asked as she stepped into the change room. She was glad to get out of the mansion, to do stuff like this even if it was only temporary. It made her feel a little more normal, a little more like a regular woman. Frowning as she slid the sleeves into place she sighed, they hung off her shoulders, revealing way to much skin in her mind and she felt a moments trepidation at the thought.

“Well?” Glacier called. “Does it fit?”

“I think its too small. Its awfully tight,” Rogue called back working the lock and popping the door open to reveal herself.

Glacier frowned and scratched at her lip, “Lara?”

“Fits perfectly. Its supposed to be tight.”

“But its hard to walk in it, and look those things by my knees..” Rogue pointed to the long tendrils of silk that whispered together with each step.

“Supposed to be like that. You want to look sexy as hell? This dress’ll do it for you. However I do have several others..”

“Maybe I could try them on and see which one I like,” Rogue suggested nervously. “I just don’t feel comfortable in this.”

“Gotcha,” Lara said darting off and returning a few minutes later with her arms full of green. “I’m just hang these in here, try them on and as you take them off just toss them up on the door and I’ll take care of them.”

“Thanks.”

An hour later Rogue flopped down in the car seat and gaped at Glacier who was grinning like a Cheshire cat, “What?”

“Just picturing how everyone’s going to react when you show off that dress.”

“Do not remind me. I still can’t believe I er you bought it for me.”

“Now then, we need to head over to the salon, get our hair done, nails the works. I think a french manicure would look perfect with your new dress Rogue and maybe a bit of a trim on your hair?”

“Not much. I like it long,”

“Honey, every woman likes long hair. We have it because the men in our lives are well men.”

“You aren’t making any sense.”

“Trust me on this,” Glacier replied pulling into traffic. “When its just you and him and you’re both hot and sweaty and he wraps his hands in your hair and holds on while you orgasm there is nothing better in this world.”

“I do not want to know about your sex life.”

“I figured that out,” Glacier laughed softly as she flicked on a direction indicator and pulled into the parking lot of a rather upscale looking salon. “Okay so make up your mind about your hair, and let her know,” Glacier said grabbing Rogue’s new dress, and the cloak out of the bag. “Oh shit, I forgot to pick up some rings.”

“I have my tags..”

“No, the tags stay around your neck. Do not panic, I will think of something. Now then let us go inside and enjoy this moment of celebration.”

“I’m going to need it,” Rogue muttered following her. “Because they are going to kill me when I get back to school.”

Laughing at her statement, Glacier ushered Rogue into the salon and greeted the girl at the desk. Within minutes both women were sitting in swiveling chairs with a pair of women standing behind them.

“So what’s on the menu?” the older of the two asked Rogue, her hands wrapped securely in long latex gloves and an easy smile on her face.

“We’re here to get pampered Smoky, give it your best shot,” Glacier said softly rolling her shoulders. “Rogue you figure out what you want yet?”

“Yeah,” Rogue smiled easily. “I want my hair layered, you know so it’s flirty and moves really easy. Something that will allow me to keep as much length as possible but gives it shape.”

“Maintenance?”

“Wash and go,” Rogue shot back with a grin.


“You want a permanent?”

“Uh?”

“Yes she does, light curls, something that would highlight the cut,” Glacier cut in. “And we also need our nails done.”

“Anything else?” Smoky glanced at the leader of one of the most prolific outfits known to modern warfare and grinned.

“Yeah, we want our ears pierced.”

“Pierced?” Rogue glanced sharply at her. “I didn’t agree..”

“Rogue honey, just relax. This won’t take long, and it won’t hurt much,”Glacier replied firmly. “Besides you need to be able to wear earrings with that gown of yours.”

“The Professor’s going to have my head.”

“Yeah but Logan’ll have your body so you’re set for life!”

Groaning Rogue hid her face in her hands and just sat there as the women laughed. With friends around like Glacier she was lucky she managed to survive each day without dying of embarrassment.

“Come on Rogue, this won’t take long,” Smoky said softly. “And you’re going to like the end result.”

“I hope so,” Rogue whispered. “More importantly I hope Logan likes it.”

“He will,” Glacier promised with a wink. “Trust me on this, I know men.”

“That’s what I was afraid of,” Rogue murmured and closed her eyes as the chair started folding down so she was resting on the edge of a sink. “That was just what I was afraid of.”



Three hours later Rogue stood in front of the full length mirror and stared, her hair was piled on top her head with rhinestone clips, matching studs decorated her ears and the customary tags hung around her neck, the chain taken up a couple notches until it was a semi choker.

Warm natural colors highlighted her features, emphasizing her eyes, her lips and she smiled. She didn’t look like some teenager anymore, she looked like a woman. Tilting her head she glanced behind her in the mirror to Glacier who stood there dressed in black leather pants, a red lace top with matching bra under it and a heavy leather choker around her neck.

“So you went for the escape from the leather factory look huh?” Rogue teased.

“I will have you know this particular outfit is not for my pleasure. Well actually it is but that is not the point.”

“What is the point then?”

“The point is, you are going to have fun Rogue,” Glacier said softly walking up behind her and tugging on the zipper of the green dress the girl wore. “Now before we go running off home, let us phone and make sure that the appropriate persons are there!”

“Oh brother.”

Dialing the phone, Glacier listened to it ring three times before it was picked up, “Xavier’s School for the Gifted.”

“Hey Scooter, how’s it going? Is the team back from their pick-up?”

“Yes, do you want to talk to him?”

“Nope, let me talk to Storm,” Glacier said frostily.

“Storm here,” a few moments later, the voice soft and soothing. Much like the woman herself.

“Hey Storm, its Glacier,” shifting the phone she eyed Rogue who was standing staring at her reflection in amazement.

“What can I do for you Glacier?”

“Where’s Logan?”

“In the den with some guy.”

“Some guy?”

“Yes, he showed up about twenty minutes ago looking for some woman named Trish..”

“What’s he look like?”

“Tall, dark hair, looks like he needs a shave..”

“Wearing a long coat?”

“Yes.”


“He’s early!” Glacier smiled brightly, “Look go interrupt their little tet-et-tet and let me talk to him.”

“Uh..”

“Go on. Their barks are worse than their bites,” Glacier laughed and waited while Storm moved through the house over to the den. Listening as she knocked quickly on the door before stepping in she sighed.

“Phone’s for you,” Storm said ignoring the glares she was getting from both men and handed it to the dark haired man standing talking to Logan.

“Thanks,” the man ground out angrily, no one knew he was even here. “Hello?”

“Baby! God I wasn’t expecting you at all! When did you get into town?” Glacier said excitedly, her voice rising as she was all but jumping up and down on the spot.

Holding the phone away from his ear, he looked pained. “A few minutes ago baby, quit shouting. Where are you?”

“On our way back!” Glacier laughed and glanced at Rogue before nodding, “They’re at the mansion.” she mouthed.

“How long until you get back?” he growled.

“About an hour, got to make one little stop on our way home. We had to get a few things for Rogue, she mastered the first part of her control. But don’t tell Logan just yet, we want it to be a surprise.”

“Who is that?” Logan ground out.

“My wife,” Inferno replied firmly. “Honey if that’s what you want to do but for right now, you get that girl back here before something happens.”

“Oh you are such a worry wort. We are being pampered and you boys are going to help us.”

“I do not pamper..”

“Gabriel O’Malley you will most definitely help us!” Glacier snapped. “My friend is celebrating and you are going to help us.”

“What are you babbling about?” Inferno muttered rubbing his head. He hated when she did this, hated when she went all girly on him.


“Just be a good boy and get him changed into something that resembles a suit.” Glacier said then hung up.

“What?” Logan asked the man who eyed him with a pained expression.

“You got a monkey suit?”

“No, don’t own one.”

“You got anything that resembles formal wear?”

“Do I look like a penguin?”

“You better get one. Apparently the girls want to go out for dinner.”

“Not if I have to get dressed up for it,” Logan ground out.

“Yes you will,” Inferno smiled and slapped him on the back. “Cause when it comes time to choose between getting laid and sleeping on the couch, you’ll wear the suit.”

“That is hardly a choice..”

“Exactly.”

Shaking his head Logan followed Inferno from the den, “I could be watching hockey right now.”

“Logan there you are!” Jean’s voice had both men pausing.

“I’m a bit rushed Jeannie what do you want?”

Inferno snickered then glanced innocently at Logan before shrugging.

“Would you please talk to Rogue, she’s been acting very strange all day.”

“Well when I see her I’ll be sure to pass on that diagnosis.”

“Logan! All she does is sleep and eat, she missed three classes this week and other than racing through the school in your clothes she hasn’t made an appearance all day. Not to mention that woman you brought back with you took her off school grounds without..”

“Glacier is a grown woman,” Logan snapped. “And as for Rogue going with her I have no problem with that because I know she can protect her a helluva lot better than you and Scooter can. Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go get changed to go to dinner.”

“You aren’t paying any attention..”


“Sorry lady, looks like he’s busy.” Inferno smiled at her and followed Logan out of the hallway and up the stairs.

“For..” Jean sighed as the two men disappeared, this wasn’t the reaction she’d hoped for, and now she would have to go see the Professor about Rogue’s activities.


Sighing softly Rogue looked in the mirror of the car and sighed, “I still say he isn’t going to get dressed up.”

“You don’t know that,” Glacier replied sliding behind the wheel. With a smile she glanced at Rogue who looked doubtful, “Look this’ll work. Trust me okay, I know my husband he’ll talk him into it.”

“Yes ma’am.”

“So you ready for this?”

“As I’m ever going to be,” Rogue replied quietly, butterflies in her stomach. She sat there in silence as they drove back to the mansion, her fingers twisting the soft silk of her new formal cloak even as they pulled into the driveway and parked the car in front of the garage, behind a shiny black and blue truck.

“Who’s truck?”

“My husband’s,” Glacier smiled at her, “Come on. Lets see how Logan reacts to our little surprise.”

“I am so dead.”

Laughing Glacier opened the front door and slipped inside, the heeled shoes she wore clicking on the hard wood until she stepped on a rug. Grabbing Rogue she dragged her down the corridor to where she could hear the sound of a hockey game in motion.

“We’re celebrating and they’re watching hockey,” she whispered and smiled before hurrying across the room and dropping gracefully into her husband’s lap, “So did you miss me baby?”

“Jesus.. Trish you’re gonna kill me,” Inferno snapped his eyes darting from the television to the woman in his lap even as he held up the beer he’d been nursing. His eyebrows rose sharply when he noted the way she was dressed. “Um where’s the rest of it?”

Laughing Glacier shook her head, “Come on. You really need to meet someone.”

“You were at the salon weren’t you?” the sound was more of a croak than words but she giggled.


“Yep, and we look fucking hot so lets go,” Glacier rose to her feet. “Course you don’t look too bad. You in a rush to get back?”

“We?” Inferno glanced at Logan who was glaring at his wife.

“Yes, we.” Glacier nodded at the doorway where Rogue stood in a full length hooded cloak chewing on her bottom lip.

“Rogue?” Logan stared at the girl, he hated the fear in her eyes, the way the cloak covered every inch of her. “Uhm..”

Staring at her, Glacier rolled her eyes. “Do it.” she mouthed and with a self conscious shrug, Rogue slid the cloak off and stood there staring at the wall.

Hissing in a breath Logan, and every other man in the room stared. Dressed in a tailored green dress with a slit in the sides that ran from the hem at her ankles to her hip on both sides, she looked stunning.

“Umm, where..” clearing his throat Logan tried again. “Where did you get that?”

“Oh this cute little store in the mall,” Rogue smiled softly walking further into the room. Revealing that the top of the dress ended just above her breasts, thin straps were the only thing holding it up, the bodice was ribbed so it pushed her already abundant cleavage up a little higher, making it look like it was overflowing.

“Looks great,” Logan growled, eying her.

“Good,” Glacier said rising to her feet and grabbing both mens’ hands. “Logan you can take the car, you have reservations for seven.”

“Uh its only five,” Inferno said dragging his eyes away from the revealing back of his wife’s shirt.

“Yes I know, but the restaurant is nearly two hours drive north of here.”

“You made reservations at Dominco’s?”

“She’s celebrating,” Glacier said with a smirk at Rogue who shook her head and grinned. “ And it was so nice of you to change. You look very, very good. Right Rogue?”

“Delectable,” Rogue agreed. It was true, while he wasn’t in a suit Logan had changed into black jeans, black shirt, and polished boots. “Logan you should dress up more often.”

“Uh yeah,” Logan grunted eying her as she turned around, revealing that the dress was backless, and stopped just at the point where her waist dipped before revealing her butt.


“Oh hi Jean,” Rogue smiled at the other woman.

“Rogue, what on earth?” Jean stared at the young woman, noting before she reached up and jerked on the silk cloak she held; the dress she wore. A dress that revealed far to much skin, “You..”

“Oh I’m sorry Jean, but we’re in a hurry,” Glacier said softly glaring at her. “A big hurry.”

“But..”

Catching Logan’s hand, Rogue headed for the door forgetting for a moment that she wasn’t wearing her gloves. Logan however did notice and came to an abrupt halt.

“Rogue?”

“That’s what we’re celebrating,” Rogue whispered. “This last little piece seemed to be so easy to get rid of. Some people were happier than others about it and figured we should celebrate.”

“Hey I’m all for that.”

“Hello, you can’t just..” Jean started only to snap her mouth shut when Logan shrugged and started for the front door.

“Don’t worry Jeannie, I’ll make sure she understand perfectly that she can’t do anything..” Logan said as the door clicked shut abruptly.

“You ever get the feeling that things are out of control around here?” Storm asked softly joining them in time to see the door click shut with finality.

“Well as delightful as this has been, I am going to pack and then we can get out of here.”

“My wife is insane,” Inferno said watching her walk away, enjoying the sway of her hips in the tight leather. It looked very much like Glacier had made waves, and enjoyed every moment of it.


“So you spent the day working on the control?” Logan asked as they drove north toward the restaurant Glacier had made reservations at.

“Yes, it wasn’t so hard,” Rogue smiled shyly. “Just getting rid of a bit of wall. I had very good motivation.”

“Really? What was it? A trip to the mall?” Logan teased.

“Nope,” Rogue grinned. “You sittin on the other side of the barrier wearing nothing but a smile.”


Flushing at the statement Logan chuckled and reached out to squeeze Rogue’s hand, “Congratulations Marie.”

“Thanks.”

“So what do you want to do after dinner?”

“Well I think we should have a meeting,” Rogue started easily. “Just you and me parked beneath the stars! See how well my control holds out?”

“You got it,” Logan agreed thinking of all the ways he could try to distract her. “Tonight is your night.”

“Good,” Rogue hid her smile. She didn’t feel so bad now, and the fact that she could touch Logan was an added bonus, “So how often do you think we should have a club meeting?”

“Who all is in this club again?”

“Just you and me,” Rogue replied. “And sometimes Glacier - but she’s sorta a silent, long distance member.”

Nodding Logan grinned at her, “Every night.”

“Thought you’d say that.”

With a laugh Logan returned his attention to the road, yes sir things were looking up.