Author's Chapter Notes:
Fever came back with a vengeance. I'll wait for it to go away before I try to continue my other fics.
‘Let’s play with his nose hair! Yippe-kay-yeah, motherfucker!!!’

“Who… Wha… Whatthefuck?” *cough, groan*

He bolted to a seated position, head swiveling around, searching for his perverted visitor. Room was empty, but for a moment he could feel something in the back of his throat, like tiny feet kicking his uvula. He grasped the pitcher Marie had left in his room and drank straight out of it. Fever had come and gone during the night, and judging from the erratic, jerky shivers racing down his body it was climbing up again. At least he had gotten rid of the runny nose, but his lungs still felt dry and clogged up.
“How the hell do they do this every fucking winter?” He groaned, flopping down on his back. This was the first and only time in his remembered life he was having a flu, and thought of ordinary people going through with this torment yearly, some unlucky bastards monthly almost made tears well up in his eyes from sympathy.

As soon as the fever had settled to a bearable level and he wasn’t trembling like a leaf in the wind he got up. Sick or no sick, he had people to see, places to be…

“Logan, no! I’m telling you for the last time…”
“Aww, Jean… Please… Help me out a bit.”
“Jesus, you’re one scary critter when you bat your lashes… I already told you I won’t give you cyanide. You will get through with this little flu on your own. Might do some good to you. Maybe you finally realize you’re not immortal.”
*cough* “You know I could just walk in and take it…”
“And in what universe having adamantium claws makes you immune to telekinesis?”
“Fine. Be a bitch…” *cough, muttering*


2.

'You are my deessstinyyyy….'

“Hmph?” He was quite sure he hadn’t left the TV open when he went to bed. There had been a game on, but he had been too exhausted to watch it.

'You are my one and only… You gave that joy to mee…'

He cracked one eye open. During the night he had kicked off the blanket. Three snails and two mice were gathered on his chest. Snails were singing back up. Male mouse had a tux on, and he was kneeling, spreading his arms quite theatrically, and singing from the top of his tiny lungs to a girl mouse that was standing awfully close to his left nipple, wearing form-fitting long nightgown and stiletto heels.
“This is fucking unreal…” He raised a finger and poked the girl mouse lightly. It stumbled over and got tangled to his chest hair.

'Back off, bub! That’s my girl you’re messing with!' Mouse wearing the tux growled, and with a move that was utterly familiar to him released two sets of shiny adamantium claws from its tiny fists.

“MARIEEE!!!!”