Title: "Tainted Love"
Author: sharonmjl47
Rating: R
Disclaimer: I own nothing, and no one. Sad, isn’t it!
Genre: Songfic

Song: Tainted Love by Marylin Manson
**********************


"Tainted Love"

**Sometimes I feel I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away**

I roll over and she’s there in my bed, warm and inviting. I smile at her sleeping face. Soft skin. How did she do this to me? Tame me, make me want to be here and at the same time want to run as far as I can.

**From the pain that you drive into the heart of me
The love we share
Seems to go nowhere
I've lost my lights
I toss and turn I can't sleep at night**

It hurts to look at her and know. Know it can’t work, know she will never trust me, she’ll always be waiting wondering when I’ll go. I can’t be with her like this, I can’t love her like this. I can’t protect her like this. Watching her instead of watching for danger. Smiling at her, teasing, playing, making love instead of training and making her safe. I can never sleep when she’s in my bed.

**Once I ran to you (I ran)
Now I'll run from you
This tainted love you've given
I give you all a boy could give you**

I gave her everything. Ran into her arms, made sure the whole world knew she belonged to me. I get out of bed and shove my clothes on silently. The duffel bag is exactly where I put it all those years ago, when she as a kid, when she was *The* kid. How easy it is to get I out and fill it. I’ve just got nothing left.

**You don't really want any more from me
To make things right
You need someone to hold you tight
You think love is to pray
I'm sorry I don't pray that way**

She should have stayed with Bobby or another of those boys. Keep her good and clean and pure. My hands on the door as she gets out of bed. “Were are you going, you can’t leave me? I need you.” I shake my head and sigh. “You don’t, not anymore. You need someone else, some one your own age, who will make you feel of those soft things that I can’t and you want.”

**Don't touch me please
I cannot stand the way you tease
I love you though you hurt me so
Now I'm going to pack my things and go**

She reaches her hands to me, but I flinch back, not from her skin, but from the feel of her skin. It teases me, tingles my skin and tickles at my senses, making me want what I shouldn’t have taken in the first place. “I have to leave, don’t you see.” One touch on my face and I’m lost, wanting her again. “Your not going anywhere sugar and you know it.” A kiss and the bag falls from my hand. “I Love you.” As her body fits next to mine, screw right, this is right. We’re right.


END.