Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to Gamma, she kept me on track and pointed out were I need to explain more or sort out the storyline. She's a star!

Summary: “Sure you’re not, you know, disappointed in me?”
Title: “Walk a Mile in My Shoes” 6/6
Author: sharonmjl47
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: I own nothing, and no one. Sad, isn’t it!
Feedback: Please, bad or good. If no one tells me it’s bad, I won’t know!
Notes: Set after X2.
**********************

“Do you think he did this on purpose?” Marie had re-taken her position on the floor; Jubes had sat down next to her.

“I’ll bet any fucking money he did. Keep us outta his way for a while.”

“Come to think of it, Jon Boy, that cop didn’t look that surprised that we were from Xavier’s.”

“One, stop calling me Jon Boy! Two, what, you think Xavier tipped him off?”

“It’s possible.”

“No way, dude. The Prof wouldn’t do that to us, would he?”

They all looked at each other, the realisation that they had been picked up and then left to rot intentionally dawning on them. There was a collective sigh, and they tried to relax. They could all see each other clearly as the cells were purely made up of bars.

“How long have we been here now?” Marie got up and stretched, giving Logan an eyeful of bare midriff.

Scott looked at his watch. “Two hours, forty-eight minutes.”

Logan got up too, stretched his shoulders and cracked his neck. He flexed his forearms, and his claws sprang free with a loud metallic snikt. “We could just get outta here.”

“I don’t think the Professor would appreciate that, sugar.” He smiled at Marie. She was right, but it didn’t make him feel any better.

Logan looked at his hand and his claws. They felt wrong, weighed differently. He really was fed up with being like this; he wanted to be back to normal. He bet to himself that if he got into a fight, he wouldn’t fare very well. His balance would be wrong. He sprang them back in and hissed at the pain. That was something else that felt different, and he didn’t like it. He sat back down, feeling less relaxed that he ever could have remembered being.

Another two hours later, Officer Roger walked back into the cell holding, but this time he had someone with him.

“Looks like you kids are free to go. Your Mr Drake’s here to take you back to your School.”

“Oh, terrific!”

“Thank you, Officer Fuller, and again Xavier’s School for The Gifted apologises for any inconvenience they may have caused.”

“Don’t mention it. Tell Charles me and the wife still expect him on Sunday.” Bobby smiled at the look of utter disbelief on the faces of his four colleagues. After the day he had had, it was priceless.

Bobby drove the SUV back to the school with Scott sitting next to him in the front. Logan, Jubes, and Marie sulked in the back. All four were silent. “The Professor wants you all in the med lab when we get back.” The all stayed silent.

“You really didn’t think about anything you did over he last few hours did you?” He received no reply from any of them. “I hope that you all realise how serious this is. You could have got the school into a lot of trouble and there could have been some nasty repercussions. I mean it’s a good job that the Professor knows Officer Fuller personally, could you imagine what would have happened if he had decided to press charges?” This time the only response was a death glare from Scott and a growl from Logan.

When they pulled into the garage, they got out of the SUV quickly, leaving Bobby on his own. “You’re welcome!”

Xavier was once again in the med lab with Hank. “I doubt that I need to explain the seriousness of your actions today. I said before that this is an extremely unique situation, one which will now be rectified, putting an end to all this irresponsible and highly inappropriate behaviour.” He sighed heavily and he looked slightly defeated. “I’ve never had any students be this completely reckless and quite frankly I don’t know what to do with you. Thankfully I don’t have to think about it anymore. Hank if you wouldn’t mind.”

Hank stepped forward from behind the Professor’s wheelchair and gestured to the four. “I need the four of you to take your original positions, and do *exactly* as you did before.”

They all moved into position. “You sure this is gonna work, blue?”

“In theory, the adjustments that I have made should be sufficient to reverse the effect on your bodies.”

“Was that a yes?”

“Yes. my dear Jubilee, it was a yes!” He went round behind them and checked that they were all in the correct positions. “Right. On my mark, three, two, one, mark!”

All of them pushed their buttons and placed their hands onto the scanners. The machine started to hum loudly, and the metal began to vibrate under their hands, just like it had the first time. The green light swept down each of their hands, and again it turned red.

Marie cringed; she knew what was coming next. White light took their vision from them, and a hot electrical pulse filled their bodies. Each of them where thrown backwards against the walls of the room, and once again Hank was standing in the middle.

Logan was the first awake this time. He sat up and looked at himself. Everything was back to normal. He looked at his feet. “Shit!” He had forgotten to take off Bobby’s boots. They had split down the sides and hung off of his feet in odd scraps of leather. He kicked them off and away from him.

He heard Scott groaning near him and looked around the room. He found Marie over on the other side. Hank was turning her onto her back. He crawled over to her. “Marie, baby? Wake up.” Hank left her and went to help Scott wake up Jubilee.

She sat up and looked at him, a smile crossing her face at the sight of him. “Hey, you’re you.”

“Yeah.” He kissed her, and as a familiar tingle spread over her body, she pushed him away with a strangled sob.

“I’m so sorry.”

“Darlin’, it’s ok. You’ll figure it out.”

She shook her head, everything that they had done over the last few hours crashing through her mind. They had touched, laughed and made love. He had kissed her, truly kissed her, and now it was gone, all gone.

She got to her feet and pushed past him, running out of the lab and heading straight for the elevator and the safety of her room to cry.

“Marie!”

Xavier put his hand out and caught Logan’s arm as he tried to follow her. “Leave her. Give her a little space. She needs it.”

“Crap!” Logan and Xavier walked out of the lab together talking quietly about Marie.

Scott helped Jubes to her feet as she shook off the last of her dizziness. Hank began to fuss over her. “Hank, really it’s all good under the hood.”
Hank looked at her slightly puzzled by her comment and then he seemed to realise what she meant. “Good, that’s what I like to hear. All fine and well.” He picked up his clipboard from the floor and then turned back to Jubile and Scott. He noticed the way that Scott rubbed her arms and the way that he looked at him. “So how was your experience at being young?”

“Good.” They moved apart a little. Jubes put her hands in her back pockets and looked at her shoes.

“Yeah, good.” Scott scratched he back of his head and looked around the room.

“So, you both felt that the experience was of benefit to you?”

“Well I would have said benefit, but it certainly made me realise a few things.”

Jubes turned to look at Scott “Like what? How to piss off cops?”

“No, not that. That these kids, I don’t know, have more to deal with than just being mutants, they have to be kids too. And even though that should, from our point of view, be easy, it isn’t and I get that now.” Hank decided to slip out of the room while they were talking. He noticed that Scott was slowly getting closer to Jubilee’s body and figured that they have an attraction.

“So ya gonna be easy on them now?”

“Hell no.” He pulled her towards him. “I might be easy on you though.”

She smiled and wrapped her arms around him. “Are we still, you know, doing this?”

Slipping his hands into her hair, he kissed her gently. “What do you think? I meant what I said before. I’m done being sad, lonely and I’m done looking at you and feeling guilty, like I’m betraying her something. I want this, you.” She smiled and jumped into his arms, kissing him and wrapping her legs around his waist.

Logan sat on the front steps nursing his cigar and coffee. He wondered how much time he should give her before he tried to talk to her. It was already dark, and most were in bed and if not just going. He wanted to try to explain that it didn’t matter, there were ways, and it didn’t change how he felt about her. He stood up and tossed his cigar into one of the nearby hedges, then stopped. He walked back and picked it up. ‘Ro would be pissed if she found it.

He walked back through the silent mansion and then stopped outside what used to be Scott and Jean’s room. He inclined his head towards the door and then pulled away when his senses took over. Hearing the quiet gasps of Marie’s best friend was not his idea of fun. He kept walking.

He stopped at her door. He could hear running water. Stepping into the room, he could smell her strawberry bath oil. He slowly walked to the bathroom, taking in her room as he went. Her clothes were discarded on the bed alongside her robe. That meant she was naked.

The bathroom door wasn’t shut all the way, and he peeped into the bathroom through a small space. She sat on the edge of the tub, lighting some small candles on the corners. The bath water was blood red again, and he smiled. Her pale back glistened in the dim candlelight, tempting him to touch it, lick it, nip it and mark it as his own.

“Marie?” His voice was low and raspy.

She didn’t turn. She knew he was there, had known all along. She lit the last candle and turned around, blowing out her match. He watched her purse her full lips together to blow out the golden flame. His chest suddenly tightened. He couldn’t touch her. He desperately wanted to, and he couldn’t.

Now he knew. Now he knew why she had been so upset in the med lab. “I figured it out, Logan.”

His mind cleared slightly “What?”

“What the *what* was. A tingle. When it’s on, I feel it tingle through my skin like a hand running over me.” For effect she scratched her nails lightly across her tight stomach. “When it’s *off*, and it is *off*, sugar, there’s no tingle.”

He took a small step towards her, then stopped in his tracks. “You’re telling me you can turn it off?” She smiled and nodded. “How?”

“I thought about what you said. You were right; it was about what I couldn’t feel rather than what I could. I felt a tingle spread all over me in the med lab. When I got up here, I concentrated on that tingle and kept concentrating till it stopped. Then I made it come on again.”

“You’re amazing. I love you.”

She beamed at his words then bit her lip. “Sure you’re not, you know, disappointed in me?”

He was slightly taken aback by her comment. “Why would I be?”

“Well, I had sex with you without a second thought, unprotected outside sex and I did stupid things, giggly little girl things. I didn’t think you would like that.”

“Darlin’, I was just as bad, bating Scott, those cops. Getting into the bucket of working catapult.” He chuckled. “At least you had the sense to think about contraception. I like you, every inch of you.” She blushed as his eyes roamed over all of her exposed body.

“Every inch?” She sat back down on the edge of the steaming tub. She touched her fingertips to her lips and slowly slid them down her chin, then to her throat. She tipped her head back slightly but never broke eye contact with him. His eyes wavered and watched her hand instead of her eyes.

She drew an imaginary line across her collarbone and down to her breasts. His chest was heaving up and down, watching her. As she grazed one nipple, making it peak into hardness, he licked his lips. Her pale hand drifted lower down her stomach and to the junction between her thighs.

Her legs parted without shyness, and he could see all over her, completely exposed to him, and he growled a low warning. What he was warning he had no idea. She slipped her finger in between her glistening lips and gasped at the feeling. Her fingers began making small circles around her clit. She held onto the edge of the tub with her other hand, unsure if she was creating the feeling in her stomach or if it was the act of watching him watch her.

“You gonna stand there, sugar, or help?”

He stalked towards her and pulled his t-shirt off as he went. She put both hands on his chest, but he caught one wrist. “Keep going. I like to watch.” She smiled, replaced her hand on herself and started to pleasure herself again. While he watched her, he slowly took the rest of his clothes off, giving her a show of his own.

When he was naked in front of her, he knelt in front of her. She was close, he could tell. She whimpered almost constantly, her breathing was all over the place and her hand had picked up speed.

He kissed up one of her thighs and then moved her hand and immediately replaced it with his mouth, growling softly. That was enough, and she screamed his name as she came into his mouth.

She sunk to her knees, panting in front of him. He lifted her slightly into his lap and sunk his swollen cock into her. “I love you, too, Logan.” She had her back against the bathtub while he raised her slowly up and then back down his cock.

She thrashed her head to the side and spotted one of her candles. She picked it up and held it over his chest. He raised an eyebrow at her, and she tilted it slightly. The wax dripped with a loud plop onto his skin. He hissed and thrust into her harder, the action making more wax spill over the side of the candle. He hissed again and took it out of her hand.

Grabbing all of her hair in one large hand, he pulled her to him and kissed her roughly. While her body was pressed against him, he raised the candle behind her and dripped it onto her exposed back. She yelped and bucked against him but didn’t break their kiss.

Her nails scratched at his chest while he dropped more wax onto her. It was too much; she broke the kiss, buried her face in his neck, and she came. Feeling her orgasm around him, her blunt teeth latching hard onto his throat and combined with knowing she loved him, he followed her.

Still panting in his lap, she kissed him and giggled. “Ow!”

“You started it.” She giggled again. “Marry me?”

She sobered up instantly. “What?”

“Deaf all of a sudden, darlin’?”

“Are you serious?”

“We’re not perfect, but it could work. If I stop being an asshole, it might work. I’m sorry about letting you name out, I always promised I wouldn’t and I’m sorry about running off and not telling you. I found out some stuff, bad stuff. I will explain all of it, tell you everything in time, but I’ve gotta work through it myself first.”

She smiled and nodded. “I only over reacted because you make me crazy and I love you. You’re not an asshole, all the time. My name, it’s about time I got over it. The people here they know me better than my parents ever did, so they should know. It’s fine. As for you leaving, yeah I’m still pissed, but I understand.” She smiled again and kissed him chastely. “I think we could work.”

“Is that a yes, or a maybe, because I know you can’t say no to me?” He smirked at her and raised his eyebrow.

She smiled and inclined her head towards the candle again. “Don’t push your luck.” She kissed him and whispered into his lips, “Yes.”

***************END