Author's Chapter Notes:
She was withholding information about the unruly behavior of two of her squad members, she was having lurid fantasies about those same two members, one of them she was in love with but he alternated between perhaps wanting her and wanting to lord over her - oh yeah and after her little underwear peep show, he probably thought she was a big hussy and was now avoiding her at all costs. The other teammate wanted to drag her off to his cave, and she'd given him a free peep show last night! Yep. Everything was just dandy!
He casually leaned back against the wall, looking smug and entirely too pleased with himself for catching her in the act; or so she assumed...but maybe he hadn't. Maybe he'd just come in. She clung to that tiny, worn thread of hope.

Rogue looked around, confused. "How the hell did you get into my room?" she asked in disbelief.

"The window was open," was his casual response, like that meant 'welcome in'.

"Well what the hell are you doing in here?!" she snapped while trying to ignore her burning cheeks and the fact that she was wearing no more than panties and a tank top; not to mention she'd been about to get herself off in front of him.

Victor just let his dark gaze roam all over her, shamelessly, like she was his next meal. That was how he made her feel. It was embarrassing as hell, but strange humming electricity coursed through her body. She could tell he enjoyed the view of her sitting there - flushing, panting. Oh God, she thought, she didn't even have on a bra! This was *so* not good, not good at all.

"That depends ..." he finally said, and let that almost creepy black gaze sweep across her nipples.

"On what?" The question didn't come out as angry as she would've liked, and she hated the way he made her feel so insecure.

"What you want as an answer."

Rogue frowned and snorted, trying to inconspicuously tug her comforter up. "The truth, of course." On second thought, she didn't want that. When was she going to learn; with Victor it was better if she just kept her mouth shut.

He strolled over to the bed and towered over her.

"You absolutely sure?"

The man had no morals, absolutely no manners, and for all she knew, he never had. Respect? That wasn't Victor; he wouldn't even know how to spell the word, so arguing that point wouldn't do her any good. She decided to forgo that lecture, and save it for when she was fully dressed. For now she'd go with what he understood; intimidation, threats, and anger.

"You cannot just barge in here! I don't know who the hell you think you are, but I could throw you outta this place so fast your head would spin. Not only that Victor, but I could dispense with you myself! Self-defense, Creed is dead. Oopsy!"

Victor gave her a deep laugh and a sneer that revealed he was calling her bluff.

"Go ahead. Give it your best shot. You were big and bad at that cage fight tonight; let's see it. Come on girl," he growled, "let's see you put the hurtin' on me."

Rogue sat frozen, knowing she could put up a damn good fight but in the end she wasn't sure of a victory. Even more, the last thing she wanted to do was get into close hand combat with the likes of Victor Creed. Her last resort would be to drain him, and that would be her absolute *last* resort. Barely touching him once with her mutation had given her more than enough of Victor in her head.

"You're not gonna throw me out Rogue. You and your little friends need me too much, plus, I think deep down inside you kinda like havin' me around. You certainly liked what you saw tonight. Didn't you?"

Rogue ignored his question. "I want you to stop this stupid game you're playing and get the fuck out of my room! Leave me alone. Go find something else to do other than ... than." Her words faded and were replaced with more embarrassment. He was giving her the arrogant, leering eyebrow.

"Than...what? Watch our big, bad squad leader get herself off? Rogue ... my little angel ... you're asking an awful lot of me," he taunted and flashed his fangs at her in a slow, wide grin.

"Stop calling me that! You know, I don't seem to remember handing out invitations saying come by whenever you want and feel free to crawl through my damn window."

"Maybe you didn't send me a formal invitation," he continued in a teasing tone and leaned down over her, "but I can read between the lines. That stunt you pulled earlier - sneaking into a place like that just to have a look. I just *had* to find out what you thought. You liked it, didn't you? I saw that look in your eyes. Admit it; you get off on it, on the raw power of it. Probably wouldn't look good for you to be a part of something so...dirty. Maybe you'd prefer a private showing..."

"Leave me alone, Victor," the words sounded like a weak plea even to her ears.

Victor placed his hands on each side of her, “I just want the same thing you do, angel."

Rogue huffed angrily and made an attempt to get up but found herself effectively trapped. Victor seized her hand and ran his tongue across her still damp fingers.

"Tasty ..."

She was too shocked to slap him.

"Stop ... stop or -"

He leaned into her, looking very smug. "Why are you lyin' to yourself?" he whispered and licked her fingers again.

Rogue moved to jerk her hand free, but he had an iron grip on her wrist. In a move so swift her eyes didn't catch it; his other hand was a knotted fist in her hair.

"Don't you wanna know what it feels like?"

Rogue swallowed hard. She knew where he was leading but she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of tagging along.

"Don't you wanna know what I can do to you? What it would feel like to have an animal between your thighs, tasting you?"

"No," she hissed. That he even suggested it...

"Liar."

"You're so fucking full of yourself. I -”

Victor pressed her down into the mattress and ran his tongue up her neck.

"Feels good don't it?" he breathed against her ear.

It did. It felt way too good. Damn him. Damn his rough tongue. Damn his massive chest pressed against hers - that same bare chest that had Logan locked against it earlier. Rolling muscle and taut flesh, two warriors bent on destruction but they were both absolute physical perfection. Rogue felt herself going under, she wanted to wriggle and buck her hips against him and - no! No! Not going to happen!

"Get off me," she bit out.

"Oh I'll get you off, and deny it all you want little girl, but I know you want me between your legs. You want me to taste that pussy of yours. I will. You and I both know you'll come begging me to finish what you started tonight. Unless ..."

Her body went rigid beneath him as he drew back enough so that their eyes met.

"Unless you want me to take off your panties right now," he said and inhaled sharply through his nose. "Tasty sweet, just like -"

Somewhere Rogue found the strength to push him away before he'd had the chance to finish that last sentence. She didn't want to hear it, even though she knew fully well what he was talking about.

She went straight for the bathroom - the only refuge at the moment - with Victor's low pitched laughter and intense devouring gaze trailing her.

"Get out!" she snapped over her shoulder then slammed the door shut. Victor left, still laughing, and she let out a breath.

Alone. Finally. She had to clear her head. She desperately needed a shower, an icy cold shower to clean her body and mind.

*********

Rogue hid a yawn behind the palm of her hand as she entered the cafeteria to get some breakfast. It was still early but several people were already up. She grabbed a tray and went straight towards the coffee. A cup, no two or three cups of black coffee was what she needed to feel 'human' again; maybe coffee and some yogurt, but only because a Danger Room session on an empty stomach was a no-no. The events of the previous night and her impending nerves had thrown her appetite off.

Sighing as she took a seat at an empty table, she noticed Logan entering the cafeteria, followed by Scott and the Professor. He seemed a little tired but other than that he looked as stoic as he’d been the last few days. She'd decided not to say a word to him about the cage fight. If they continued to go, maybe she'd confront him about it then. But for now, she wanted to forget the whole thing. All of it.

Rogue prayed that he wouldn't take one look at her and know where she'd been last night, know what she'd done, know who had come into her room. Her visual on Logan was blocked when the Professor came to sit opposite her. Xavier was studying her and his near angelic facial expression suddenly got on her nerves. She wanted to yell at him to stop looking like that and ... her thoughts were interrupted by his calm, parental voice.

"Rogue? Are you listening?"

She frowned slightly. "Yes ..."

Charles smiled and watched her face for a while.

"I've scheduled a group meeting today," he said.

"Okay. When?" She tried to pay attention but her eyes kept seeking Logan. When his eyes finally met hers, he gave her a weak smile and sat down at a table on the far side of the room. Rogue didn’t want to act like it hurt, but it did. Why was he still keeping his distance? Other than giving her the ‘stay away from Creed’ speech, he wasn’t having anything to do with her. She'd given him ample opportunity to find her, strike up a conversation, hang out; but nope - now suddenly she had the plague. He was supposed to be her best friend and his avoidance stung.

Of course, she wasn't so sure that right now was the best time for a buddy-buddy talk or even a quick exchange. She felt like she had guilt written all over her face. But he could at least acknowledge her presence with a genuine smile. He was the one sneaking around and going to cage fights - then giving her lectures on how to behave. The nerve! Unable to suppress a huffy sigh, Rogue stared down into her coffee mug. She'd done nothing to warrant his complete avoidance. Right now she needed him more than ever, but didn’t feel as if she could approach him.

The Professor laid a hand on her arm, concern written all over his face.

"Rogue, are you alright?" he said softly.

She shrugged then forced a smile. Sure she was alright. Everything was fine! Peachy keen. She was withholding information about the unruly behavior of two of her squad members, she was having lurid fantasies about those same two members, one of them she was in love with but he alternated between perhaps wanting her and wanting to lord over her - oh yeah and after her little underwear peep show, he probably thought she was a big hussy and was now avoiding her at all costs. The other teammate wanted to drag her off to his cave, and she'd given him a free peep show last night! Yep. Everything was just dandy!

Rogue refused to meet his gaze, unsure what he might pick up on. "I don't want to talk about it. When's the meeting?"

He gently patted her arm before leaning back in his chair. Despite, or maybe because of being a telepath, Charles knew when to stop pushing.

"We’ll meet when everyone's finished having breakfast, which should be in half an hour or so."

She nodded in response and he quietly accepted her unspoken request to be left alone. The coffee had gone cold and the yogurt tasted like glue, but Rogue knew she had to eat. She finished her meal and set her sights back on Logan. She couldn't take it anymore - she was going to walk right up to Logan and ask him what his damn problem was. He was hiding and she was going to demand a reason. Better to just get it over with, she decided, and took a deep breath. Getting up from the table, her path was suddenly blocked by a leering Victor Creed.

"Oh what the fuck do you want now?!!" she yelled without thinking, her famous temper about to blow. Exhausted by his behavior, she was so close to losing it.

"Why angel ... here I was thinkin' you'd be glad to see me but I guess a 'Good mornin' love' is too much to ask," Victor said and gave her a lopsided smile.

Rogue shot him a defiant glare, not in the mood for his games. She tried to push past him, but he swiftly side stepped her, holding her arm.

"Why the rush?" he whispered and gave a low chuckle as his eyes followed hers. "Still pining for the runt aren't you?"

"Let go of my arm Victor," she bit off without taking her eyes off Logan.

"He doesn't have what you need."

Rogue turned her head, putting her face mere inches away from Victor's, so close she could feel his breath against her skin.

"And what would you know about what I need?" she growled.

He showed her two sets of sharp white teeth in a wide grin, his eyes taking on an obscene gleam.

She laughed into his face. "Don't tell me! You've been a mind reader all along and never bothered to enlighten me or the rest of the team!"

Rogue twisted her arm, trying to free it, but Victor had a tight grip. He moved his other hand to slide down the front of her body, "See ... you know what this makes me think of?"

Rogue shuddered. She couldn't believe he had the nerve to touch her like that in public. It didn't seem like anyone had noticed and she prayed Logan didn't pick that moment to look at her.

"No - and I don't wanna know!"

He inhaled sharply. "Mmm ... makes me think of all that skin, fresh and clean and free for me to appreciate. Makes me think of you; hot and excited about me and the runt in that cage. Makes me wanna take that tight, rosy nipple into my mouth ... just ask me, angel and I will. I told you I won't hurt ... promise."

"Promise?" she hissed sarcastically. "Save your bullshit for someone who gives a damn. Now let go of me." She hated herself right now; hated the way her body responded to his touch, hated that he'd ever seen her naked in the first place, hated that he walked in on a private moment in her bedroom. She was going to start padlocking the damn doors and locking the windows around here. A swift jerk of her arm and she freed it.

"Unless you want me to cause a scene, you'll get away from me right now," she warned.

"Whatever you say. Just remember," he leaned in so close his breath moved her hair. "I know where you live."

As he turned his back and walked away, she caught Logan arching his eyebrow at them both in question and reproach. He approached her swiftly as his face grew more disapproving with every step.

"Logan." Rogue folded her arms beneath her breasts. If he wanted to pick a fight, then she certainly had enough ammunition and she was well beyond pissed off at this point. She was well practiced at defending herself too, after dealing with a lecherous Sabretooth nipping at her heels.

"What the hell are you doin'?" he growled, thinking the worse.

"Me?!" Her shock at his accusatory tone quickly turned to indignation. "I'm minding my own business Logan! I'm trying to defend myself! Not that it has anything to do with you ... and why do you care anyway? For days you can't stand to be around me and suddenly I'm top priority. It's not like you're my damn daddy.” she added with a sneer.

Logan glared at her, his hands turning into tight, hard fists. He knew she was referring to his behavior the other night. First his actions had been anything but parental and then his attempt at rectifying this situation was to avoid her. It couldn’t be helped. What was he supposed to do, admit that he didn’t trust himself around her right now? Not gonna happen.

"No, I’m not your damn daddy! So do whatever you want. But you hang out with the likes of him and you're messin' with fire. I would hate to see you get burned."

She threw back his infamous eyebrow at him.

"Oh really? Somehow I don't think Victor is the one that's gonna cause me pain with the way he's acting!" she almost yelled and left him standing there.

Storming out of the cafeteria and down the hallway to gain some privacy, she cursed herself for being involved in semi-public melodrama. The last thing she wanted was to be combative with Logan. She needed him now, but not to play the part of protective parent. Rogue was still wondering how things had gotten so messed up when the team meeting was called to order.