Author's Chapter Notes:
He had at least four more hours to kill before he headed out that night, and he was restless. Unused to being a do-gooder, the long days without plotting and scheming seemed to drag on forever; with this in mind he sought out his favorite and most entertaining past time

Finally, the rowdy group of ladies had settled into their rooms in the wee hours of the morning. Rogue had enjoyed a fabulous evening. She'd forgotten how much fun a night out with the girls could be, and she was proud of herself for sporting her new outfit with confidence. Even Storm, who was known for wearing some pretty daring attire at times, complimented her initiative.

It was probably closer to daylight than midnight, but a gnawing in Rogue's stomach would not let her get to sleep. An A.M. snack was in order, so she took her growling tummy downstairs to raid the pantry. Content with a bag of cookies and a glass of milk, she started her creeping ascension of the stairs when she heard noises from the garage entry. A familiar voice reached her ears immediately.

"Maybe next time you won't be so damn smug."

"Next time? That an invitation, asshole?"

"You just say when."

Rogue scurried the rest of the way up the stairs, not really sure why she was hiding in the shadows of the landing. She watched as Logan and Victor walked into the front foyer. What were they doing? They had gone out. What the hell?? Were they suddenly drinking buddies? It had to be almost three or four o'clock in the morning! And they were just coming home - together!??

*********

The blinding sun shone through Rogue's window and she moaned, dragging her comforter up over her head. Thank goodness it was Sunday. She planned on sleeping past noon. A soft knock on her door announced the arrival of both Jubilee and Kitty. They looked to be in rough shape as well.

"Rooogue," Kitty whined. "Do you have anything for a headache?"

Sitting up on the bed she managed a smile at her two closest friends. "Check in the bathroom drawer."

She didn’t drink as much as the two of them last night, plus the middle of the night snack fest helped. Her forehead wrinkled as she remembered what she'd seen the night before.

"Hey y’all?" she called to her friends.

Jubilee mumbled something resembling a 'yeah'.

"Tell me what you think...I got up last night for something to eat..."

"UGH - Do not mention food to me," Jubes interrupted.

"No seriously - listen. I was up and I saw Logan coming home at, I don't know...about 4 A.M....and Victor was with him."

"Who?" Kitty asked.

"Vic...Creed,” she corrected. “Creed was with him."

"So," Jubes said, rubbing her eyes. "Maybe they went out bar hoppin'. We certainly did."

Rogue shook her head. "But they can't stand each other. They're not drinking buddies."

"Maybe they were trying to get along," offered Kitty.

"Doubtful. I don't know...I just thought it was weird. Y'all have never seen them hang out, have you?"

"Whatever, chica. I try to avoid Creed like the plague and Wolvster does a good job of staying scarce other than meetings and practice."

"Why don't you just ask Logan what he did last night? I mean, from what I saw...I know what he *wanted* to do last night." Kitty giggled, and then massaged her temples in pain. "Ow."

"Okay, officially," Jubilee interrupted, "that's SO a story I need to hear and you gotta share later because I am totally out of the loop. But for right now, I'm going back to bed...so...make a note or something, because I’ll need debriefing."

"You need de-briefing," Kitty laughed again, still holding her head.

Both girls left, quietly closing the door, and Rogue sat up against her pillows. Something told her she couldn't just ask Logan about last night because he wouldn't be honest. The two of them had an air about them of 'sneaking' back into the house, but why in the hell would they be sneaking? A shocking, fleeting thought went through her mind that involved the two of them sneaking around "together" but then she broke into a smile. Only in her most illicit and obscene dreams! No, they were up to something, and she was going to find out what.

The next couple of days were filled with regular classes and loads of training, but both Logan and Victor seemed to be acting just a tiny bit more tolerable of each other, which was a good thing. However, Logan had kept his distance from her like it was his damn job - and that was a bad thing. They were still around each other on a regular basis, but it was...awkward. He seemed uncomfortable - tense and even more closed-mouthed than usual, but she didn't want to push.

Each night, Rogue stayed up late to see if the two men snuck off, but each night the mansion was quiet. They actually seemed to be a bit more attentive in combat practice too. Creed still leered at her, and every now and then she'd manage to catch Logan checking out her ass in her leather uniform - which was a plus, but other than that - they were behaving. Logan wasn't threatening Victor or vice versa, and Victor had actually gone almost two full days without making one lecherous remark.

***********

Victor Creed was bored. He had at least four more hours to kill before he headed out that night, and he was restless. Unused to being a do-gooder, the long days without plotting and scheming seemed to drag on forever; with this in mind he sought out his favorite and most entertaining past time.

"Is this seat taken, angels?" Victor asked and eased himself down on the couch between Rogue and Jubilee, not waiting for either of them to respond.

"Creed ..." Rogue said obviously annoyed.

Perfect, their little squad leader was in a bitchy mood. Didn't matter, all he could imagine was her tight little ass in painted on pants...with a little red bow on top. He'd behaved himself for days since she'd paraded herself in front of him in practically nothing. Only so much could be expected of a man - and he didn't have the restraint or so-called "honor" of the runt. He eyed her until she began to blush and frown at him. She'd never admit it, but he sensed her annoyance at him calling Jubilee angel too. Well his little pussy cat of a leader might act like an ice queen but she'd melt like wax in his hands eventually.

"So angels, what are you two doin' on such a fine evening?" he said lazily, leaning back and spreading both arms out along the couch.

Rogue folded her arms underneath her bosom. "Trying to have a conversation - not that it's any of your business."

Victor leaned into her. "And what do girls talk about? Wait don't tell me ... lemme guess," he said and tilted his head back as if thinking to himself. "What do naughty little girls talk about...?”

Her eyes widened slightly at the suggestive tone in his voice.

"Don't bother."

"Okay, have it your way...for now...unless," he turned to Jubilee now. "You wanna guess what I was gonna say?" he taunted and arched an eyebrow at her.

"No thanks," she smiled at him with venomous sweetness.

"Me and Jubes were just trying to enjoy ourselves," Rogue elbowed his arm.

"I can see that," he said and nodded towards the wine bottle on the coffee table.

"Well then get lost Sabretooth," she snarled, making a face at him.

This was just too much. He couldn't help but laugh at the whole thing; at Rogue so obviously being bothered by his presence. Calling him Sabretooth - well, well, well ...

"What's the matter 'Roguey'? You don't want me to leave, do you?"

Jubes sighed loudly and patted his shoulder.

"Look here, Mr. Creed, can we have some privacy?"

He turned to flash his fangs for her.

"You don't mind me watching, do ya love? Come on ... you can tell uncle Victor what's on your mind, a naughty little angel like yourself ... I bet I know what you're thinkin' about right now ..."

Rogue made an exasperated sound in her throat, but Victor had a feeling it wasn't just because he was being indecent towards her friend. She could keep on denying it - she liked the way he was talking, just not when it was directed at someone else. Jubilee on the other hand wasn't as tough, she was just stunned - and scared. No challenge there. Not like Rogue.

Jubilee buried her face in her wineglass. "I'm not thinking about anything!" she stammered then stood up. "I gotta go ... fix ... something."

Victor shrugged, "Whatever you say."

"You comin' Rogue?" Jubilee offered her friend an out, but Rogue just glared at Victor in obstinance. "No - I think Creed and I need to discuss something." He watched Jubilee leave the lounge and when it was just the two of them he turned to look at Rogue.

She pursed her lips and gave him the eyebrow. "Thanks for scaring off my friend. You happy - you just ruined my evening?"

"You know angel," he purred and entwined a stray lock of her hair around his fingers, "I may not be a mind reader but something tells me y -"

She poked him in the chest. "Shut. Up. How many times do I have to tell you to just shut the hell up?"

"And I'm telling you - I think you like the way I talk!" Victor barked, shifting to face her fully. "Maybe you won't admit it - but deep down you love to hear me talk dirty. I can get dirtier, ya know? I can tell you what I really think – what I thought about you and your little get-up the other night. I can tell you that I don't see that sweet little girl that your runt sees. I don't see that at all. I see a bottled up little sex kitten that's just beggin' for release. You think he's ever gonna see that - think he's ever gonna give you that release? All he sees is the quiet, innocent girl you used to be."

Rogue sat in a struck silence for a moment. "Oh really? And after the other night - what makes you think he doesn't see me as a woman?" she countered.

"Because angel, if he did ... he'd have taken you already. It's obvious you're begging for it - but that man's a fool," he said with a snort.

"Fuck you!" Rogue bit off and made an attempt to get up and leave. Instead he seized her by the waist and pulled her down to sit in his lap.

"I'd love nothing more than for you to ask me that ... go ahead - beg *me* angel.”

Rogue opened then closed her mouth again. She was angry with him, alright, but her anger only enticed him more. Then she changed her facial expression and leaned forward like she was going to kiss him.

"Oh Victor you're so bad I could just ..."

His grip on her hips tightened. "You could what?” he murmured.

"I could do this!" she spat and slugged him hard in the stomach. "Now let me go!"

"Now why are you being so cruel to me?" he coughed, trying to catch is breath but laughing to himself. "Whatever have I done to deserve that?"

Rogue sighed and shook her head at him. She was sitting still, but having her in his lap like that was ... distracting. He made no move to hide his bodily reaction to her, which seemed to wind her up even more.

"You’re hopeless! It's totally useless with you - isn't it?" she asked, looking a little defeated.

"What is?" he asked.

"Nothing," she said, rolling her eyes. "Seriously - don't mess with any of my friends again. Ever. You got that?" she sounded grumpy.

"Is that really why you're being so cold hearted? You jealous?"

Her look was incredulous, then almost resigned. "Not hardly, but you can keep on thinking that because you're going to anyway. I gotta put up with your leers and your gutter mind and that's enough. But don't pick on my friends. Just stay away from them, Victor."

"That's a good little leader, sticking up for your friends," he said, tightening his grip and shifting her when she tried to slide away. "But you know - the best part of your speech was the end...where you said my name. Say it again. Say my name," he rumbled.

"God, you're unbelievable - you know that?!!" she threw her hands in the air but he only watched her and tightened his hands on her waist.

"Fine! I'll say it, but you gotta let me up first."

Victor was about to agree when his thought was interrupted.

"What the hell!" Logan's voice boomed through the small den.