Author's Chapter Notes:
"Something I can help you with, sugar?" Rogue asked, cocking an eyebrow up at him. See, he thought. Flirtatious. And you just couldn't do that with the wrong kind of people. She needed to just stick with flirting with him or, worse case scenario, safe boys like Bobby or Peter. Damn it - now he was sounding like Scott. Fucking pansy.
It had taken all the self control Logan had not to beat the man's face into a bloody pulp. He'd gotten in a couple of good licks before he noticed that Victor was doing nothing to defend himself. It didn't matter - still felt good to knock the asshole around, but after a little while he just felt the need to get as far away from Victor Creed as possible.

Pacing the halls, he admitted to himself that his real urge was to find Rogue and ask her how in the hell her panties ended up with Creed. The entire notion that she was leading him on had to be complete bullshit; Goldilocks was always trying to stir up trouble. Still - what if she was, unconsciously, putting out signals that could give people the wrong ideas?

Logan knew he and Rogue were guilty of flirting with each other, but that was different. They'd been best friends for years and he wouldn't take advantage of that. Plus...close friends could play around and know where to draw the line. Creed didn't have any lines. Rogue didn't need to make the mistake of friendly flirtations with the wrong kinds of people. There was also the issue of her so called 'flaunting'. In truth, she never wore stuff that could be considered revealing, but no one would accuse her of being a prude either. Keeping herself covered was a habit; but she also had a habit of tight pants and snug, shoulder baring tops. The kind that might give some letch the wrong idea. Logan knew he had no right and no business telling her how to dress or how to behave...but he did have a responsibility to warn her if someone like Victor Creed thought she wanted his attention.

He finally found her in the library, tucked away in the far corner, quietly looking over the day's paper. Watching her casually sitting there struck the protective streak in him that was a mile wide. The girl was important to him for reasons he never fully explored, but the bottom line was - she had to be careful and steer clear of people like Victor Creed. Logan didn't want to just barge in and immediately go into an inquisition as to how Sabretooth was in possession of her underwear - there *had* to be a reasonable explanation - but he also didn't have the patience or desire to make small talk before getting to the point.

Instead, Logan loomed over the table in front of her and let out a deep breath.

"Something I can help you with, sugar?" Rogue asked, cocking an eyebrow up at him.

See, he thought. Flirtatious. And you just couldn't do that with the wrong kind of people. She needed to just stick with flirting with him or, worse case scenario, safe boys like Bobby or Peter. Damn it - now he was sounding like Scott. Fucking pansy.

"I need to talk to you about something," he answered seriously.

She sat up a little straighter, growing concerned. "Okay. Wanna sit?"

Logan's eyes darted about quickly, making sure they were mostly out of everyone's earshot, and then took the chair closest to her.

"What's up?" she asked, shifting to face him.

After sitting back and seeing her concern, a slightly embarrassed look played across his face.

"It's - it's nothing really. Kind of - now that I'm sitting here..."

Rogue didn't know if she'd ever seen Logan hesitant before, but right now he actually looked a little off balance.

"What?" she insisted anxiously. "What's wrong?"

"No – nothing’s wrong. It's just - it's your life and you can do whatever you want. Hell, I have no right to tell you what to do, but…I know you and Bobby broke up a while ago and, I don't know, maybe you're interested in someone around here..."

Oh God, Rogue thought. Where on earth was this conversation going? Could he already know about her wish to challenge their neat little boundaries?

"...and that's your business. But you need to be more careful with your flirting."

What the hell?

"Huh?"

"Your flirting. I know you're flirtatious by nature - but maybe you need to be a little more discriminate about it...you know, discreet." Logan thought the advice actually sounded pretty helpful.

"Wha...what are you talking about?"

"Look," he continued. "I know you're young and single and probably looking to meet someone - whatever. But you’ve really gotta be careful about what kind of message you put out there. You could attract all the wrong kinds of attention and you don't want the wrong people getting that kind of message." Logan realized he wasn’t wild about the idea of her trying to attract *any* kind of attention.

"Logan," Rogue tried to remain calm, "you sound like Scott. What the hell are you talking about?"

The Scott comment didn't sit well, only irritating him further when a sudden image of Creed, basking in any attentions from Rogue, flashed through his mind.

"I'm talking about flirting Rogue! I'm talking about parading around here in tight...stuff...looking a certain way...and the wrong kinda people getting bad ideas."

"What people?" She could feel the blood rushing up to her face.

"Just people. Guys. Men."

"Gimme an example."

"An example?" he asked.

"Yeah - an example," she answered, growing more agitated.

"Well...Creed for example. You don't want him to think-"

"What did he tell you?" Rogue bit off, incensed now.

Logan's brow creased immediately as he struggled to contain himself.

"What is there to tell?" he managed to ask.

"Nothing!" She already hated where this conversation was headed and now it was getting worse. "But this has obviously got something to do with him. You brought him up."

"No! You wanted an example. I just used him as an example."

"Oh bullshit," she hissed. "What did he say to you?"

Logan studied her for a moment. "Nothing. *I'm* saying you need to be careful if you're gonna be out there on the prowl for someone. You're attracting the wrong kind of attention," he barked gruffly.

Rogue's eyes narrowed to tiny slits, the only warning to her oncoming tirade.

"Attention?!! On the - Oooooo!!! What the hell is the matter with you?!! I am *not* on the prowl!"

"I didn't come here to argue with you or start a fight - I'm trying to look out for you," Logan said, wishing she'd just be reasonable.

"You didn't come here to start fight?! No, apparently you just came here to accuse me of flitting about in tight…whatevers! And apparently I flirt shamelessly with every male in the mansion and somehow invite the advances of every Tom, Dick, and Harry - including Victor Creed!"

"I’m trying to help you out here! Why are you getting so upset? You're my friend, I should be able-"

"Well apparently I'm a teasing trollop now too!” Rogue snapped. “Did you for even *one* second think that maybe I'm just me - just normal ole Rogue - and whatever that is, it's something that Victor - or whoever else - just can't help but drool over?! Huh? Maybe I'm just minding my own business, but it attracts attention anyway! Maybe I don't have to flaunt and flirt around. Maybe they just can't resist me anyway. Is that so hard to believe? Because I am not out there *prowling* for attention, Logan. If I *were* out there trying to be the mansion's biggest cock tease, believe me, you'd know it!"

With that, Rogue snatched up her newspaper and stormed out of the library.

Women, Logan thought to himself with a growl. He was trying to help her out and what does he get for his advice? His head bit off! Regardless of how she viewed things, it was obviously drawing Creed's attention. If he couldn't talk some sense into her, he'd just have to threaten Creed with his life; that monster didn't need to get within 10 feet of her. The desire to beat on the other man some more was making his jaw twitch. He knew having Creed around was going to be nothing but trouble and it had already started. Walking out of the library, Logan crammed his hand in his pockets with a sigh. When his hand brushed soft lace, he guiltily withdrew it like it'd been scalded.

*********

Rogue had been successful at avoiding Logan for several days now. Luckily, she'd also managed to not run into Victor either. One of the few perks in sharing a home with so many other people was the ability to get lost in the crowd. There had been no training sessions or team meetings, so that made the avoiding a lot easier.

Some of her anger at Logan's twisted and chauvinistic comments had subsided, but she still got fired up if she thought about it too much. Perhaps he did just have her best interests at heart, but even if he was trying to look out for her, it wasn't what she wanted. If he was going to get all up in arms about how she dressed and the way she acted, she'd prefer if he did it because he was insanely jealous of anyone looking at her - not from the big brotherly perspective. So, as her temper cooled, her resolve grew. She was not going to change a single thing about her wardrobe or behavior. He thought she asked for attention now? Just wait. She'd have to find something truly unforgettable to wear one night and show him what flaunting really looked like. In fact, now that she felt she could actually be in Logan's presence without wanting to smack him, she might even lay it on a little thicker next time she ran into him, just to needle his nerves.

As fate would have it, she did run into him the next morning while going to grab a cup of coffee. However, as fate would also have it, Victor occupied the kitchen with Logan. Rogue had breezed in easily, ready to give Logan her best flirtatious greeting, when she found the two men scowling at each other as if they had just finished threatening death.

The 'Mornin' sugar' died on her lips as she felt the caged fury radiating off of both men. As quickly as she came into the kitchen, she stopped mid-stride, spun on her heel, and left even quicker. The last thing she wanted right now was to be surrounded by them both. Surely Victor had the good sense to keep his salacious comments to himself now, at least around Logan - but she wasn't ready to test that theory. Not to mention, if Creed *had* said something to Logan to cause the whole flirtation lecture, she was in no mood for any kind of confrontation now. Looked like careful avoidance was on the menu for a few more days.

"Rogue!"

The voice stopped her, begrudgingly, in her tracks. Logan was beside her in a few easy strides. He put his hand familiarly on the small of her back, applying light pressure.

"Let's keep walking," he said as they headed down the hall to who knew where.

"Were you looking for me? Looked like you wanted to say something," he said as he continued to maneuver them down the hall.

Rogue turned her head so she could see his profile and couldn’t help but smile at the way he was touching her. "I wanted to say good morning, but you looked kinda...busy."

"Nah - just having a talk with Creed."

"Mmm-hmm," she replied doubtfully. "Right...Where are we going exactly?"

"Outside - need some fresh air."

Once outside, they continued to make their way across the back lawn and she frowned when he removed his hand.

"Look - I know I came across a little...strong the other day. You know I didn't mean it like that, right?" Logan said, breaking through her little pout.

"Yeah, I know. Sorry if I went a bit psycho on you." Rogue figured the days of cooling off would do them some good, and she was right. They were both too hot headed for their own good, and on more than one occasion it had led to a few days of not speaking. However, if he thought she was going to completely forget about his little comments and not make her own point in return, he was wrong. Looking up, she realized they were headed towards a group of students.

"Class?"

"Yeah, thought I'd coach them outside today since it was nice.”

"Okay," she stopped several yards from the group. "Well-I'll leave you to it then and catch you later."

"So we're cool?" he asked, relieved that she was no longer avoiding him.

"Yeah," she smiled with only slightly hidden mischievousness. "We're cool."

As he turned to head to his group of students, Rogue called back to him.

"Oh and Logan...," she said, leaning slightly forward and squeezing her arms together to display some impressive cleavage, "I'll try to behave myself today." She added a little wiggle at the end for good measure before turning her back and swishing her hips towards the mansion.

Logan was struck temporarily mute, but once he found his voice he called back to her.

"That was nice! Real cute...smart ass."

He may have called her a smart ass, but she hadn't missed the quick surprise and pleasure that crossed his face. Rogue just smiled back at him with a wave.

*********

She felt his eyes on her immediately upon re-entering the mansion. Victor stood at the far end of the hall, legs braced apart and arms crossed. Rogue still had no idea what he'd said to Logan, but she knew he'd said something. Try as she might, she could not forget his absorbed images of her. Looking at him now, they all came back in glaring high definition. He was standing very still, but studying her again and the effect was unnerving. As soon as she sensed him move to come towards her, she bolted to the left, blindly, realizing too late it was a room with one entry and one exit.

"Dammit," she grumbled to herself. What the hell was she doing running from one of her teammates? She wasn't scared of Victor - not literally - so why did she just skitter away like a scared kitten? He did not need to get the impression that she was afraid of him. That was exactly the kind of thing he liked to use against people, plus it simply wasn't true. She turned to face the door and watch him enter, setting her expression to as blank as she could manage.

"You're not running from me, are you?" he said, moving his large frame into the doorway.

"No," she lied. "I thought I'd left something in here."

Victor leaned way too casually against the door for Rogue's comfort. Any time that man acted contented - he was up to something. She turned her back on him swiftly, cursing inwardly at her behavior. He knew she was trying to avoid him, she was as certain of that as she was his intense gaze trailing her while she desperately tried to come up with something. But what? What?

"I can help you look."

Rogue shook her head. "No - I just need to ..."

"Just tell me what you're lookin' for," he said.

"I just remembered it wasn't this room," she said quickly and turned to leave when she bumped into Victor's chest. Dammit, she hadn't heard him move at all.

He grabbed her by the waist like he was trying to steady her, but looked far too smug about it.

"Then what room? The training room maybe?"

"No, and let go."

Victor chuckled. He knew his little squad leader was lying, and doing a piss poor job of it too. She'd been dodging him since he let her touch him, but he wasn't sure if it was because it scared her or because she liked what she saw. Maybe it was a little bit of both. The great thing about it though, was Rogue would never admit to being scared. She'd poke that chin out and grit her teeth just to prove he wasn't rattling her. Right now her back was so ram-rod straight it might snap if she tried to stand any taller. He couldn't resist it and slid one hand down to rest just above the swell of her ass.

Rogue found herself frozen, not wanting to move because of what he might do. She wasn't worried about Victor hurting her, but there were other things to be a lot more concerned about. Like the fact that he was a man who went around nabbing underwear; he was a man with lurid thoughts of her at the forefront of his brain; he was the kind of man who would boldly leer at her in the shower with absolutely no shame. He might not hurt her, but he was far from being trust worthy.

"You're thinking about the shower room - of me watching you naked under that streaming water. Isn't that right?" he purred and made her walk backwards until she stumbled against the work desk by the window.

Rogue glared at him and pressed her lips together intent on not giving into his games again.

"I'm right aren't I? You like the way I look at you Rogue angel, don't you? ... you certainly loved it in shower room ... tell me how that made you feel," he said, his voice getting low and taunting. “Come on angel, you can tell me... confide in Victor and it'll be our little secret ... no one has to know," he murmured and squeezed her hips.

Okay, fine. So he wanted to play dirty. Fine. She could play that game too. Logan had taught her how to bluff with the best of them and her idle threats were getting her nowhere.

"What I feel Victor, is you wanting to do more than just have a polite conversation," she retorted and felt a rush of triumph at his surprised reaction. So he hadn't expected that from her. She knew she was on thin ice; teasing a man like Victor was dangerous, but she couldn't help it.

He pressed his crotch against her, giving her a predatory grin. "And how does that make you feel? Does it make you angry? Upset? Or maybe you just wanna get a taste of what I can give you ..." He leaned into her, sniffed and nuzzled her hair and whispered, " ... your scent certainly tells me you want -"

Okay - this was more than she'd bargained for. Rogue could feel him, hard against her. She felt a twinge of shame, not only because she had that effect on him, but she felt a little pride about it. That couldn’t be healthy. What kind of woman would want that kind of attention?

Shoving out of his grasp, she was slightly short of breath. She was trying to fight her blushing cheeks and erase the feeling of having Victor hard and ready, pressed so close to the most sensitive part of her body. Anyone could've walked in on them.

"Just stop this shit Creed and leave me alone. I mean it," she snapped, feeling her muscles tighten. "I know you said something to Logan the other day and you obviously pissed him off this morning. I don't know what game you *think* you're playing, but back off and stay out of my way!"

Victor threw his head back and laughed; a deep rich sound that told her he was all too pleased with her reaction. It sounded way too manly. Way too confident. Damn him.

"I'm not playing games with you Rogue," he said, suddenly very serious. "I just call 'em as I see 'em, and as I see it - you're beggin' for a little man in your animal. You can't deny that - but you're beggin' in the wrong direction. I'm trying to help you, see? You may act big, bad, and offended with your sharp tongue and huffy glares," he started to prowl towards her, "but your body tells me something all together different. Part of you likes to be chased..."

He was standing over her again, staring down. "Maybe he's too scared to chase you - but I'm not."