Author's Chapter Notes:
"Do it! Do it runt! Spring 'em and see what happens."
Victor found his nemesis sitting by himself in the Professor's study. He strolled in with a cold bottle of Absolut hanging from one hand and set it on the table next to Logan. The runt had taken to hiding in this room almost every night now. From the looks of things, the Wolverine wasn't sleeping so well and super-human healing or not, it was starting to show. He was too goddamn weak to go and take what he wanted, so instead he shut himself away and brooded.

The mere sight was enough to make Victor want to smash the bottle over Logan's face, but even that was getting tiresome. That runt was never going change his ways, no matter how many times he was offered a choice besides solitude. Maybe he figured he didn't deserve anything else, and he figured right. Men like them couldn't live that lie; they were better off alone, but it shouldn't stop him from taking what he wanted. The runt's so called honor made him weak. Once he'd felt respect for the Wolverine, they'd been like two warriors - forced to watch each others backs. Logan was still a damn good fighter, but that was just the leftovers from the animal Victor once knew. Lately he'd begun to wonder how Logan had allowed himself to become trained. He was acting more and more like that Cyclops guy. Another pansy; a muscled pansy but still a pansy. They'd tamed him, chained him down and made him play nice. Well that was his fuckin' problem; Victor snorted to himself and swallowed a shot of the vodka.

There had been tension between Rogue and Logan ever since she'd come back to the fight bar, tension thick enough to walk on. Tension caused by hurt and regret mostly, but there was still that undercurrent of repressed desire. It charged the air around them. Every time Victor studied them it was plain that Rogue was fighting an internal battle; her face was set and empty and she seemed tired all the time too. Whenever her eyes found Logan and he noticed her looking at him, she quickly turned her back on him. It was the same thing on the other side too - Logan putting up his loner facade.

Fools, Victor muttered to himself and swallowed another mouthful of the crystal clear liquor. He was certain that Rogue had confronted Logan about the fight groupie, a young woman that just happened to look a lot like their squad leader. Then she'd started avoiding Logan, and maybe that was to be expected, but he didn't like it one bit that she was avoiding him too. She couldn't be feeling guilty over what had happened between them. From what Victor could recall she'd enjoyed it just as much as he had; not only had she climaxed once but a couple of times and he had been the one bringing her over. Nothing dirty about that.

"You got something to say or you just gonna sit there like an idiot?" Logan's arrogant voice broke through his graphic flashbacks.

Victor raised his eyes to meet Logan's. He smiled but it wasn't pleasant.

"Why? You dyin' for some company? I never figured you’d be such a sucker for attention," he said and hoped the last part of what he'd just said would make Logan react.

Logan simply glared at him "Either share the bottle - or get the hell away from me."

Victor threw his head back and laughed. The runt didn't get it or he was being completely ignorant. Either way he was going to learn about life the hard way. Obviously he hadn't known that Rogue snuck into the cage fights before. If he had, he never would've let that fight groupie – that wannabe - touch him in the first place, let alone fuck her.

He slid the bottle over to Logan. "So what crawled up in you and died lately, runt? You’ve been more of a mopey pain in the ass than usual. Woman problems?" he asked, mockingly.

"Fuck off," Logan growled.

"I've been hearing a lot of that lately - but as a matter of fact - I think I'll stay right here," he crooned and leaned back in his chair. "You must be grumpy 'cause your little girl's been playing hide and no seek lately. Awh, Wolverine's sad because his little buddy won't play with him. What is she - pissed off because you're fucking groupies behind a dive bar? Women. There's no pleasin' 'em."

"What did you say?" he asked, shifting to face Victor.

"I said, your little girl, she must be pissed because she saw you fiddlin' with some other slut's goodies."

“How do you kn- … you saw her there, didn’t you? You piece of shit. You saw her there that night and you didn't say a goddamn word."

Victor did his best to feign ignorance over the man’s statement. “So? Why should I? Neither one of us were supposed to be there, but it’s not like she was gonna punish us – so who cares?” he asked.

“That is not what I’m talking about,” Logan said through gritted teeth.

Victor shook his head as if confused, then pointedly made a look of dawning epiphany.

“Ooooh – I get it. Well, well, well. Looks like big, bad Wolverine really *was* trying to hide something from little miss thing. I was only joking, but looks like I hit pretty close to home, huh? Soooo, tell me this, oh honorable one; why do you care if she sees you grindin’ on some piece of ass? Huh? Unless…unless you don’t want to hurt her feelings.”

Logan sat deathly still, not trusting himself to say a single word to a manipulative bastard like Victor Creed.

Victor reached down, grabbing his crotch and making a lewd gesture. “Or maybe you just wish it was her that was screamin’ your name while you pound into her.”

“Shut your fucking mouth!” Logan yelled, on his feet now. Creed could never know the truth because he'd use it. Use it to hurt him, and worse, to hurt Rogue. "I don't want her screaming shit for me," he insisted.

Reaching his full height, Victor rose to meet him. “Don’t get mad at me just because you can’t handle that action. Admit it. You want that pussy so bad you can taste it. What - afraid you’re not man enough?”

“That’s a goddamn lie Creed – you’re wrong!” Logan felt like the adamantium was vibrating within his body. “You do nothing around here but spread your lies hoping to screw everybody over. What goes on in my life is none of your fucking business. If I want to fuck a groupie every day of the goddamn week, it’s none of your business and it’s got *nothing* to do with Rogue! You want everyone to be as miserable as you are, but it ain’t gonna happen.”

He put his fist right up to Creed’s throat, threatening to release the claws.

“Your folks should’ve left you locked up years ago. They could've done us all a favor and let you rot down there you sick sack of shit.”

"Do it! Do it runt! Spring 'em and see what happens," Creed dared him. "You try to take me out and I'll be takin' you with me. You said it - do the world a favor and end it. They'd all be better off without either of us anway...'cause you're just like me."

*********

It took everything she had not to run for her room. She'd overheard every word. The squad leader in her should stop them, but the woman in her wanted to run. Her cheeks burned with anger and shame, but mostly sorrow at what Logan had said. Of course it was the truth; he'd turned her down so many times she shouldn't be surprised at all. The other night proved that a much stronger part of him wanted nothing to do with her. Whatever he did, however he acted, it had absolutely nothing to do with her. She was never going to be enough for him. Sobbing silently, she continued to listen because it was all she could do.


Rogue held her breath, certain that the argument between her two team mates was escalating into a full blown fight. She wanted it to happen. Let them beat the shit out of each other; she'd do nothing to stop it. It was Victor who backed down this time. With a few more harsh words and threats, she heard his voice nearing the door before she bolted down the hall.

It wasn't even a surprise. Logan didn't want her, didn't she already know that? Maybe he claimed to want a fight groupie to forget about her, but it was all just a game. A sick, twisted game that gave him a thrill; keep the good little girl panting after you at home, and bang the whores while you're away.

How is it that he could still hurt her? She'd started messing with fire and look where it led! She knew the type of man Logan was when she met him, but he'd seemed so different with her. He was different with her. Something about it just didn't seem right. It must be right though, because she heard him say it. He could do whatever he wanted. It’s got *nothing* to do with Rogue. Was it all just some act for him? He had always been caring and protective with her and now she realized that she liked that part too. She wanted both from him; her best friend that cared and the animal that lusted after her. Why couldn't she have both?

Because he wouldn't give her both. It was a game to him. Well you know what Logan? She could play games too.

*******

He sensed her coming down the hallway, and she was in a hurry. It was just like the last time; she sought him out late at night, when everyone else was already asleep. She wouldn't stay, not that he'd allowed it anyway. He wasn't the kind of man that brought a woman home to cuddle after he'd fucked her. He didn't need anyone sleeping beside him or waking up next to him in the morning. Especially not her.

There was a knock on the door; Victor opened it and yanked her towards him without a word. She gasped and the moment their eyes locked he could smell her arousal and flare to life. Sweet and heavy, it clung to his senses like burning oil and made him hard. She wanted him, lusted after his body, wanted him to please her and he longed to hear her moan and wriggle underneath him. He wanted to hear her calling his name.

There was no denying the satisfaction he felt as she admired his naked body. Staring at him with lips half parted, she looked like she wanted to taste him. As she reached out to touch him he seized her by the waist and pressed her up against the wall.

Rogue's hands traced his stomach in fascination and brushed his broad chest before ending up somewhere in the tangled mass of his almost waist long hair. She wanted to be kissed. He knew it, so he kissed her - even though it was something he never did. He preferred to skip the cuddling and get to the fucking right away. Pressing his lips to hers, he kissed her like he was trying to crawl inside that warm mouth. She tasted so good, so very good and she responded to that fierce, deep kiss as if she was trying to drink him down. Moaning and pulling him closer, Rogue's hands curled into Victor's shoulders as they kept kissing each other. He tore her top off, pleased to discover she hadn't bothered wearing a bra. Hopefully no panties either, he thought, and slid his hands down her ass to lift her up so she had to wrap her legs around his waist.

She was gorgeous; a minx of a teaser - bitchy at times, insistent that she was tough, but he liked that she could put up a fight in the Danger Room, or elsewhere...like in bed. Hopefully in bed. That she was young with little experience didn't bother him the least. She had a killer body that just begged to be touched. He laid Rogue down on the bed and knelt between her legs. Watching her, he listened to her strained breathing, inhaled her scent.

So eager, a little uncertain, but already so wet; there was no need for him to touch her to know how badly she wanted him. With one swift motion, he relieved her of the pants and growled at the sight before him - all that bare, soft flesh - and he got his wish, she wasn't wearing panties.

Rouge arched off the bed and seized two handfuls of his hair to pull him closer. Licking and biting those full and luscious lips of hers, he smoothed one of her breasts while reaching down between their bodies.

"So wet ..." he groaned into her mouth. Rogue didn't say anything but her whole being did. Hips bucking against his hand as he kept teasing her. So wet and ready, it seemed a shame to let all that welcoming warmth go to waste. He knew what she was there for and she'd get it.

"Oh god ..."

He rubbed his face against her neck, felt the beating of her pulse just below the skin. Unable to resist, he bit her, only hard enough to make her gasp.

"Mmmm ... Feels good don't it?"

Her hands curled into his shoulders. "Yes ..."

"So what do you want me to do to you, angel? Want me to taste you? What'll it be?" he murmured and almost slipped a finger inside that warm promising wetness between her thighs. She was probably still a virgin, but she wouldn't be for long. Maybe tonight, maybe not. Soon though ... he liked this little game they played, but his patience was wearing thin.

Rogue bit her lower lip and reached for the head board, and that was answer enough. He gazed up at her while settling himself between her thighs, licking her slowly, too slow because she started to wriggle and beg him to go faster. And he intended to, but it was too much of a pleasure to watch her whole body squirm out of lust and the need he caused. It didn't take much effort to bring her over, and when she was getting close he fought not to push himself inside her.

He didn't want to miss out on seeing those full lips wrapped around his cock again. Sure, he longed to just fuck her and knew she wanted it, but so far ... she hadn't said it. He wanted her to beg for it. Pride. It was the only thing that kept him from just taking and she couldn't wait it out forever. With any other woman he would have just taken what he wanted by now. For some reason though, he needed to hear her plead for it; needed to see it on her face that nothing else would do. Only him. And he sure as hell wasn't gonna let that runt have her. She drooled after that man's scraps like she was a starving dog. The Wolverine wanted her, but he was weak. He wouldn't take what was there, no matter what. There was nothing that Wolverine could give her that he couldn't anyway. Victor Creed sure as hell wasn't going to be a substitute for that runt. He was second to no man. He'd have her screaming his own name and wipe every thought of the runt from her mind.

But Rogue never cried his name, Victor thought, and she'd never begged to feel him. She'd never said much at all now that he thought about it. It was like she was there, but not really. Not that he cared...

"You were right," he heard her murmur.

He nipped the inside of her thigh. "Right about what, angel?"

Rogue leaned up onto her elbows to see him. "He doesn't see me like you see me. I heard him say it...to you...in the study. He doesn't want me. It's all just...some game ... to him.

Victor saw the hurt and self pity in her eyes. There was little anger there at all. But anger made her sexy, he thought. Anger lit that fire inside her. Pity and despair were useless. She was past anger; now she wanted comfort. Victor didn't do comfort, not even cold comfort.

She wanted that damned runt! Still! But since she thought he'd rejected her - then second place would do? Victor Creed would not second place to the runt. Ever!

Rogue wasn't even there to strike back at Logan. She was there because she thought that's all she could have. Her arousal was alive because she was thinking about Logan! Damn the woman! Why should he care why she was there? It never mattered what brought the women before. Who gave a fuck? Just fuck her.

But she'd be thinking his name, and she'd be feeling his mouth...wishing it was him between her legs.

Without realizing it, Victor had dug his claws into the soft flesh of her hip. He heard her inhale sharply. Good, because it damn well should hurt, he thought, and kept licking at her sex, bringing her closer and closer to orgasm. He'd take her to that edge and then toss her off the damn cliff!

When Rogue was only moments away from getting off he pinned her down and held her in place with his own considerable weight. Confusion showed in her eyes.

"Why did you stop?" she panted.

He leaned into her close enough to kiss.

"If it's a whore you want angel, then I'll take you to one," he growled.

She frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"You know damn well what I'm talking about."

"But -"

He grabbed her roughly by the chin.

"I'm not second string, so don't fuckin' play games with me," he snarled and pushed himself off the bed, ignoring his own nakedness. His body's painful reaction to her lying there was obvious, but he wasn't being allowed to have what he wanted, what he deserved. The taste of her arousal still filled his mouth, sweet as candy but backed by something bitter.

Rogue sat up, frowning even harder.

"I'm not playing any games with you -"

He glared at her, cursed inwardly at his weakness. He'd normally take what he wanted, but from her he wanted admission. Her sweet lips needed to ask for him, need him...and he hated it. He wanted to hear her say she wanted him and not the other one.

"Get out."

She crawled off the bed and went to stand in front of him, close enough that he could feel her. Confusion still showed in her face and it made him want to look away, made him uncomfortable as hell. Rogue's arousal was fading while his own remained as strong as ever. How did she do this to him? Who the hell did she think she was pretending to want him when all she really cared about was that runt; a man that didn't even have the guts to claim her, and why the hell did he care?

"You don't want that," she said and tried to capture his gaze.

"What do you fuckin' care?" he snarled at her. Bending to her eye level, he moved just inches from her face. "Look me in the eye and tell me you don't still want him. Say you don't want that fuckin' runt."

Rogue gaped at him, unable to answer or even blink.

Victor grabbed her by the chin again and yanked on her arm, pulling her towards him.
"I'm done playin' with you, angel. Now get out!" he growled into her face.

When she stared at him in a stunned silence, he leered. “You can get your shit and get out now, or I’m tossing you out in only your skin.”

Rogue scrambled for her things as he went into the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind him. He pounded his head against the cold hard tiles until he was dizzy. She wasn't going to be there when he decided to go to bed.