Author's Chapter Notes:
Written for SJ Smith. She requested movieverse L/R and a snowball fight. I gave her sap. She was very good-natured about it, though.
The first blow catches him behind the ear, and then there is only the hush of falling snow. He goes still, waiting, and then he hears it – a muffled giggle that is like a siren to his sensitive ears. He whirls around and sprints in the direction of the quickly stifled laughter, just around the corner of the shed.

A dark head appears and vanishes again with a shriek, and the chase is on. He pauses for a second to pick up a fistful of snow and a moment later, pelts her, the snowball hitting her squarely on the ass. She spins and fires off two more – she’s got a plastic grocery bag full, he realizes belatedly, and with a growl, he takes off after her. The next one catches his shoulder, and her laugh rings through the clear cold afternoon.

Marie stops, panting. “Wait!” she calls out, holding up a hand and glancing skyward. “Let me catch my breath!”

Without thinking, he stops in his tracks, and just as realization is dawning – there is no way Marie gets winded after a chase that short, not with him in charge of PT – two buckets of snow are dumped on his head, sticking in his hair and trickling down the back of his jackets. Jubilee and Kitty, laughing like a pair of brightly-clad hyenas, wave and duck their heads back into the second-floor bedroom they share with Marie, and he growls loudly enough for it to carry over the snow.

Marie is nearly doubled over with laughter. “All’s fair, sugar,” she calls out.

With a roar, he launches himself at her, and before she can think to move, he has tackled her, face-down, in a snowbank. She struggles for a moment, and then he turns her under him, that ridiculous cloak spreading out beneath them both.

“Gotcha,” he says, debating exactly how much snow he should rub in her face.

She grins. “Somethin’ like that,” she agrees, wrapping her legs around his waist.

He forgets about the snow.