“Let me go?” Marie exclaimed, her face disbelieving. “Logan, to let someone go, ya first have to have them. Ya never had me.”

He watched her, his face serious. “Yes, I did.”

She gasped, indignant. “Go to hell, Logan. Ya never did and never will.”

“I’ve had you since the moment you took my life as your own. From the moment I entered your body and you entered my mind. I have you Marie. I always will.” He saw her breathing quicken and stepped closer. “You know it, don’t you Marie. When I gave you my life on Liberty Island you felt it. My hunger for you. The need I have to claim you in every way possible. Your mind, your spirit.” He came closer until he was flush against her. “Your body.”

Her lips parted unconsciously and she swallowed thickly, shaking her head. “No.”

Even to her ears it sounded weak and he chuckled. Tracing a finger over her collarbone, he barely managed to hold back a groan when he caught the scent of her arousal even with his deadened senses. He took a deep breath and leaned his head close to her neck. She let out a soft gasp when his tongue brushed over the throbbing pulse in her neck. His hand curled around the back of her neck to bring her closer as he watched her face. “You’re beautiful, Marie.”

``

She groaned silently when she felt her heart race at his words, he was playing the one game she never cared to learn. Seduction. When it came to it, they were on two totally different playing fields. He was saying everything she had ever wanted to hear from him and right then, it didn’t matter that they were too little, too late.

His tongue brushed her sensitive skin and she couldn’t fight her reaction. He said something, she wasn’t sure what, but then he claimed her lips in a searing kiss and all other thoughts faded. She felt the hand at the back of her neck tighten and he brought his other hand around her waist tightly. Her hands gripped his shoulders in a desperate attempt at steadying herself.

She felt the proof of his desire pressing against her and a whimper caught in her throat. It was that pathetic noise that brought her back to her senses. Allowing herself to continue kissing him was difficult, but she had to wait for the right time. When he let out a growl followed by his hand tightening at her back, she knew his guard was down.

She drove her knee into the one unguarded part of his anatomy and smiled when his pain filled gasp reached her ears. He released her to grasp his throbbing family jewels, a whimper of pain escaping him. She felt strangely justified at making him emit such a noise and stepped away from him. “No, Logan. You lost your chance, you can’t get it back. When you’re recovered enough, leave. I never want to see you again.”

When she turned to leave the room, he groaned and slowly straightened. “Marie.”

She stopped, making a frustrated noise. “What?”

“There’s something I still need to tell you.”

She turned back and crossed her arms over her chest, waiting.

“Xavier wants us to work together on the recovery.” It was a lie, but he didn’t care.

“Bullshit.”

He smirked and cracked his neck. “Why would I lie, darlin’?”

She glared at him, “Fine. I just decided not to do it. Imagine that. Go away.” she said coldly and started to walk away.

“I wouldn’t do that. What would happen if future clients learn about how unreliable you can be? What would stop them from thinking you would just take the money and leave the job unfulfilled.”

She froze, her body tense. “You wouldn’t.”

“I would. I have connections that can make anything happen.”

He watched as she fought to control her temper, amusement mixing with the pain radiating from his crotch. He really needed his healing factor right now.

“Fine.” she spat out. “Ah’ll do it. Tomorrow. Then you leave meh alone.”

-I’ll never leave you alone, baby.- “Tomorrow won’t work for me. I need to make it to the mansion first to get my things. Three days. Then we’ll rendezvous.”

She took a deep breath and nodded. “Ya might want to leave now. Because if I find that suppressor before ya leave, ya are going to be in a world of hurt.” She ground out from between gritted teeth.

He walked over to her and ran a finger across her bare hand. “I’ll go now. But don’t think this thing between us is over.”

She pushed his hand away. “There is no -thing- between us, Logan! You’re delusional!”

He quickly brushed his lips over hers and before she could react, he stepped back and with a final smirk, walked away. Her frustrated scream reached his ears and he couldn’t stop the chuckle that surfaced. “You’re mine, Marie. Even if you won’t admit it.”