When Logan woke it was to a splitting headache that he hoped his healing factor would take care of, real quick. He stood from his spot on the floor and slowly looked around, his head swimming. Groaning in pain, he leaned against the wall, cursing. “Fucking elephant tranquilizers.” he muttered.

After shaking his head, he pushed away from the wall and determinedly walked down the hall. When he reached the cell that held the prisoner, he was unsurprised to find it empty. “Damn.” he growled.

 

He stood silently in the doorway, watching her sleep. After he learned of her profession, it hadn’t been all that hard to find her. He still had connections that she obviously didn’t know about. As he stepped into the room, Marie groaned and rolled over. Her eyes met his and she gave a long-suffering sigh. “How’d you find me?”

“I just needed to know where to look, darlin’.”

“And I guess you conveniently forgot what I said would happen if I saw you again.”

He gave her a humorless smile. “You’re welcome to try.”

She returned his smile, “We’ve always known that I am the only one who would be able to take you out, Sugah.”

“You ain’t gonna get close enough darlin’.”

“Do you think you would actually be able to stop me? I’m not the weak little girl you once knew.” She stood, revealing that she was wearing a simple tank top and panties. As she stretched, she showed her firmly muscled stomach. As he watched, she lifted off the ground and easily floated a few inches above the floor.

His eyes narrowed, “Who’d you steal that from?”

“Her name was Ms. Marvel. I believe you knew her. I believe you -fucked- her.”

He took a step back and slowly slid out his claws.

Marie laughed, “That’s right sugar. I have her powers, all of them. The invulnerability, the flight, and the strength. You wanna know the best part? I learned control. Her powers are only the beginning. I have your powers, Logan. And, I have Magneto’s.”

A moment later, his entire frame stiffened and his face contorted in pain. “If there is one thing you need to learn is to not underestimate me. Ever.” A moment later he was flung hard against the a wall, leaving a sizable dent. Marie frowned, “Damn it. Now I’m gonna have to fix that.”

Logan groaned as he felt her power over him recede and slowly stood, his claws retracting. As he faced her, he saw her watching him, a strange expression on her face. A moment later she frowned and turned away from him. “Even after all this time…” she sighed.

He was confused until the scent of her arousal hit his sensitive nose. “You want me, darlin’?”

She clenched her jaw, knowing that a refusal would be pointless. “I always wanted you Logan. I never hid it.”

He looked away, “You were young. I thought you’d get over it.”

When he was sent out the window by her fist the moment after the words left his mouth, he knew that it was the wrong thing to say. Marie floated over him, her face a mask of fury. “I loved you, you self-righteous bastard!”

Grimacing as he stood, he watched her calmly. “I wasn’t going to defile an innocent kid just because she thought that she was in love with me.”

She closed her eyes for a moment before releasing a slow breath. When she opened her eyes and looked at him, he found himself unable to look away. “Innocent? Innocent, Logan! How in the hell could I be innocent with you in my head?! And Magneto! How could I have retained any innocence with two dirty old men in my head?”

He watched her carefully, her entire body tense with anger. “They told me I, we, faded.”

“They? Who the hell are they, Logan? The Professor? Jean? What the hell do they know?” She smiled and shook her head. “You’re still in there. I still use your memories on missions. But I learned to lock you away, I had to. When I absorbed Carol I learned the hard way. When I got her memories, I found out how you like to fuck. Entertaining. Like watching an animal.” She watched his face for a reaction, but when she didn’t get one, she crossed one of her legs over the other and floated in mid-air. She smirked, “Did you like my present, sugah? I thought you might like it.”

She watched in satisfaction as a muscle in his jaw clenched. “Where did you get it? The information.”

Her eyes gleamed as she watched him. “The mission was a simple one. It was also a trap. The bastards thought I could be the next Weapon X. But I’m nobody’s lapdog. Unlike you. You followed their every order for years.” She smiled as his anger built. “Anyway. I killed them all. Destroyed the facility to rubble. Nothing’s left.”

“Damn it, Marie!” he exploded. A second later he was almost upon her but she kicked him, sending him flying. When she caught him before he hit the ground, he was surprised.

“Ya ever been dropped out of a plane?” she asked sweetly.

“Yes.” he growled.

“Without a parachute?”

When he simply glared, she laughed and flew straight up. He tried to release her hold on him, but she simply moved her grip to one hand and used the other to hold his metal skeleton still. “Let me go, Marie.”

“I did a long time ago, sugar.”

“The Professor wants to hire you.” he said suddenly.

She stopped for a moment and looked at him doubtfully, “Really?”

“It’s why I came.”

“What for?”

“Extraction. We were gonna trade the prisoner you took for one of our own.”

She rolled her eyes. “My heart bleeds, Logan.” she said sarcastically.

She heard him growl and smirked. “So he wants me to get your man out?”

“Yeah.”

She shrugged, “I’ll think about it.” She flew higher then stopped and looked around. It was completely silent and when he looked down, he felt slightly sick to his stomach. When she looked at him her expression was calm. “It’s so nice up here. Away from everything.” She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. “Do you think you’ll survive it?” She asked quietly.

“Don’t know darlin’.” he replied honestly.

She gave a small smile. “I didn’t. When you dropped me, I died.” He didn’t know what to say, so he choose silence. “Tell Xavier I’ll do it. Two million. If you found me, you know how it works. All information should be relayed to my employer. Once the money is there, I’ll get your man out.”

“If you fail?”

“I never fail.” Their eyes met for a moment. Then she let go.