Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm getting all dark and depressing on ya'lls asses! This is short, real short. It's just a teaser, so be patient and something even sadder will follow it!
The once great and magnetic, tropical city laid in rumble from the day long battle. A few hours was all it lasted and everything in sight was destroyed. Two towers remained standing in the middle of the city, chunks slowly crumbing off of them from the blazing fire that engulfed the remaining structures.

He tried to take over the world, starting with this meaningless small island. He hadn’t considered the humans that populated it would ever be desperate enough to call out to mutants for help. He thought they would surely rather die. But they did, they betrayed their kind out of fear and begged the ones they shunned for deliverance. And they came, because they always did.

In the end it was enough; they were enough. The short-lived, mangled battle left his forces dead under the ruins of concrete and tropical teak. The humans cheered for their luck and the luck of the world, safe once again. But luck did not extend to the mutants, some of which will likely have paid the ultimate price to insure the world’s survival, and the survival of those who would not weep for them.