A Desperate Offer by Shadowlady
Summary: Struggling to find some peace on a long road to recovery, Rogue turns to Logan to help ease her memories, to step out of the darkness of her nightmares!
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Need vs Pride Series
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 5643 Read: 4066 Published: 09/04/2006 Updated: 09/04/2006

1. A Desperate Offer by Shadowlady

A Desperate Offer by Shadowlady
The small isolated house Logan had found in the small northern town they now called home was perfect for them. It had two bedrooms, a bath and a half, a garage, and came with a satellite system already installed and completely furnished. Moving in had been relatively simple, just unloading the camper and the truck. Within a day of arriving, Logan had found a job at the local bar as a bouncer while Marie stayed at home.

Logan knew that she needed that sense of stability to help her, it had taken them a month to find this place, a month of listening to her screams, of hearing her sobs most of the night. Sounds of remembered horror and pain that echoed in the camper. Frankly, Logan was at the end of his mental rope, he didn’t know how to help her with this any longer and he had contemplated more than once calling Jean for help.

“I’m headed for work baby,” Logan said knocking on her bedroom door. “You want me to bring anything back with me? A sandwich? Some of that flavored coffee you like so much?”

“No thank you,” Marie’s polite tone echoed through the door and he sighed before turning away from the wooden panel with a tired, angry look on his face, a useless, painful feeling settling in his gut.

It had been a hard night for her, he’d listened to her screams, to the sound of her sheets being shredded, her cries for help until he’d given up laying in his bed and went to her. After he’d wrapped her in his arms, she’d struggled for a while, clawing and scratching at him then settled in to sob herself to sleep but the few hours she’d fought so hard for weren’t nearly enough for her exhausted body.

The slim girl Logan remembered had faded, to be replaced by a shell, a shadow of her former self. Her slender frame had shed weight that it could ill afford to and dark shadows clouded her face, under her eyes making her look like a raccoon. Along with her sleep, her appetite had disappeared and he had to all but force the food down her throat. She rarely ate if he wasn’t home, so he often fed her before he went to work. Indeed Rogue had changed for the worse, and he struggled daily to get her to eat, sleep, do anything.

“Alright I’ll be home around two,” Logan promised and hurried out the door. The kitchen drawers were locked, scissors put away behind lock and key, and he’d exchanged the glass dishes with ones that wouldn’t break because he feared she’d try something again.


Sitting in the middle of Logan’s king sized bed, Marie twisted the chain of his tag until it bit into her throat before releasing it. With each new twist the chain bit a little harder, cut a little deeper but she ignored the pain even as she struggled with her own fear.

With Logan at work and the house silent she couldn’t stop the tide of fear that hit her. At night alone in the house she couldn’t help but hear the phantom laughs of her assailants, heard their vulgar words, and it drove her crazy. Indeed the night was worse than day for her, during the day she could drown out the sounds, focus on the realization that there was noone around - she could see her enemies coming and she glanced at the clock.

With darkness came a distinct disadvantage, she couldn’t see them coming, couldn’t hear their approach past the roaring of her own fear and thus she sought safety where she could get it - the middle of Logan’s bed surrounded by his scent, his things. It was nearly two in the morning and she needed to get back to her room, to her bed before Logan came home.

Rising she shuffled to her room and slid into her bed, pulling the covers up over her body easily. Regardless of the tremor that shivered over her body, she closed her eyes with a prayer for a dreamless sleep tonight.


Logan parked the truck in the garage and headed inside, ignoring the thump of his boots on the wood floor even as he dropped his coat on the table by the door. Walking into the kitchen he made himself a snack, devouring the sandwich as he headed for his bedroom.

Pausing outside of Rogue’s room he smiled softly, sadly. She couldn’t have been in bed long, always a restless sleeper more so since the attacks she was still moving in her sleep, trying to get comfortable if the rustle of fabric was any indication. Indeed for those few moments in the night when she actually slept without dreaming she was still, the only movement the rising and falling of her chest as she soaked up the rest.

Moving down the hallway he slid into his room, aware of her scent in his room but he ignored it. No point in hashing it over and over again, Rogue spent most of the night curled up in his room before going to hers, it helped to keep the demons away. To him the scent of her was just another reminder of what he had, what he’d gotten when he’d picked her up on the road in Alberta so many years before, something he welcomed.

Stripping down to his t-shirt and jocks, he slid into his bed and lay back against his pillows. Tonight had been just another night of tossing drunks out the door and fighting with some stupid locals dumb enough to make a comment about mutants - and Marie.


One would have thought that in the weeks that Logan had been working there, they would have learned that you don’t mess with the Wolverine or his girl! But no instead they had to push the wrong buttons, say the wrong thing and find themselves in hot water with him. It had been cold comfort to toss them out, deep inside a part of him welcomed the confrontations it was a release to the constant guilt and anger that still burned within him. Perhaps if he’d done things differently then she wouldn’t have been hurt.

Rolling over he punched his pillow and closed his eyes, pushing the memory of the locals from his mind even as he hoped that tonight would bring no nightmares not for him, nor for Marie. Knowing that despite the guilt, despite the pain there were some things in this life that one couldn’t change - and having Marie near him was worth whatever price he paid for it.



“LOGAN!” the soft echo of her scream seemed to fall away with the fabric of her blouse. Feeling the harsh grasp of hands on her body she struggled, fighting even as she felt the heavy blow of a fist crashing into her temple then blessed darkness that rose up to swell around her.

Moaning softly at the sharp slap that brought her back to consciousness Rogue struggled to focus on the man before her. Every inch of her body ached, and the bittersweet smell of fresh blood soaked the air around her.

Screaming again, she struggled until one of the men, the one standing to the side leaned down and put the gag on her, with a hard smack to the face.

"Stay awake darlin' the fun has only begun."

Swallowing at the laughter that abused her hearing Rogue tried to stem the tears that threatened and felt her whole body shudder as another blow was landed before rough hands mauled at her naked breasts, and his weight was pressed down on her.

"Game's just getting startin' bitch. Shall we play a little more?"

Screaming at the feel of his length invading her body, Rogue focused on thoughts of Logan even as she felt her body being abused! Sobbing she struggled, bucking and twisting hoping to get him off her even as she heard the other one laughing, and shouting encouragement to his partner.

Screaming in her sleep, Rogue struggled hard against the bindings, against the weight on top of her, against the gag in her mouth. Snarling, kicking she felt the bindings getting tighter, making moving impossible even as she renewed her struggles.

“NO! Please don’t!” the familiar voice screaming drew Logan from his slumber and he rose instantly alert and raced down the hall toward Marie. Flipping the light on as he raced into the room Logan noted two things. The sheets were tangled around her body, making her movements nearly impossible and yet she struggled, tearing at the sheets as they covered her face.

“No, please don’t! No. No.. LOGAN HELP ME! Please Logan, please, please, please..” the familiar mantra echoed in the room even as Logan jerked the bed coverings off Rogue, tossing them aside and pulled her into his arms.

“I’m here baby, I’m here,” he whispered even as she struggled, fighting with all her strength now that she wasn’t tangled by the sheets. The harder she struggled the harder he held her, until she suddenly gave up. Her breath exploding out on a sob as she curled into him, her nails digging into the flesh of his chest with savage intent.

“Logan?”

“I’m here baby,” he whispered softly holding her tightly. He could feel his eyes burn as she held him tightly, neither caring that she was soaking his t-shirt with her tears.

“I’m sorry,” she sobbed quietly as she leaned on him. “They won’t stop.”

“I know,” Logan replied kissing the top of her head easily, his arms tightening around her, offering his warmth to chase the chill that clung to her away. “I know baby, but we’ll think of something,” he did know. He knew from painful experience just what it was like to have your nights tore apart by the horrors of memories buried within your own mind, of not being able to fight the realization that your body and mind have been violated. Oh yes, Logan knew this lesson all too well!

“You should have let me die in that hotel,” Marie whispered sadly, brushing at the tears on her face, turning to snuggle deeper into Logan’s chest, inhaling the scent of him to help dispel the nightmares.

“You know better than that,” Logan replied softly, one hand tracing over her short hair. “You know I couldn’t do that. Not then, not now. Never.”

Raising her hand Marie cupped his jaw where his whiskers were and smiled sadly at him, “It’s the truth. I don’t have the strength to do this any more,” she admitted pitifully.

“Yes you do,” Logan whispered as he shifted, leaning over to turn off the lamp and cast the room in semi darkness. “Cause I’m here, and I won’t let you down.”

Blinking, ignoring the tears that streamed down her face, Rogue stared at him in silence. Leaning forward she curled into him, brushing lis lips with hers in an unconscious appeal. Feeling no pull, not really thinking of the risks, she brushed her lips against his again, seeking entrance. Seeking something she couldn’t name, but she knew Logan could give it to her.

With a muted groan, Logan opened his mouth to protest only to find Marie kissing him senseless. “Baby, wait..”

“No,” Marie moaned softly moving against him, her hands clutching at his shirt even as she kissed him again. “This time its my choice.”


Shifting, pulling back slightly, Logan stared at her seriously. Searching her eyes he sighed, yes it was her choice this time. It had to be. He had to let her have this, have some measure of control over her body and maybe in the end it would help with her nightmares.

Twisting, pulling Logan grunted as she jerked at his shirt, pulling away long enough for her to get it over his head and toss it onto the floor before he moved back into her arms, his fingers already unbuttoning her shirt and tossing it aside.

With a muted groan he let the last of his reservations go, pushing them to the back of his mind where his other half, his darker self dwelled and pulled her flush against him. The sound of her soft gasp mere seconds before he bent his head to plunder her mouth only adding to the fire that swept over him, making his erection even harder, more painful as he lifted her. Feeling her legs wrap around his waist he groaned softly and pressed her back into the pliant mattress, her hands tangled in his hair even as his tangled in hers, pulling the tresses back slightly so he could better ravish her mouth.

Nipping at her lip, he exerted the right amount of pressure upon her mouth, forcing her to open her lips and darted in, taking complete control over the kiss even as he felt her respond. Growling a little at the way she arched into his body he licked at her tongue, dueling with it as he teased and taunted with his hands.

As his tongue traced over a faint puckered scar her body tensed, pulling away and Logan shifted, “Shh, its okay. You’re okay Marie, I’ve got you.”

Marie whispered and snuggled closer, her heart pounding. "It just hurts y'know. I wanted it to be you and he stole it away.."

Shaking his head Logan touched her gently, "But we can fix it baby."

"How? How can you possibly fix this. I feel so dirty, so used.." Marie sighed, unaware of the tears falling down her face, soaking into her hair as she lay against the pillow.

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course," Marie replied studying him easily. "With my life."

Staring at her Logan sighed, "But do you trust me with your body?"

"Yes," Marie whispered after a few moments of silence, fear lacing her tone yet she held her ground.

With a nod Logan nodded and traced a hand across her cheek, his hand going down to snuggle around her throat until he was holding her neck easily. With a faint smile he moved back a few inches and took her hand to kiss her palm gently, his soft kisses encircling her wrists before he moved on up her arm.

"Relax baby, I won’t hurt you," Logan explained and smiled at her. Stripping quickly he pulled Marie closer to him, his hands moving up to cup her body, to sooth the wounds left behind, and wash away the filth that marked her body and her mind with his healing touch. "Marie, you're not dirty, you're clean again," he whispered it over and over again until with a sharp shudder she started to cry.

Holding her until the sobs had faded, Logan picked her up and rolled so she was on top, giving her the control and power of the situation. This might be the only time he ever got to touch her, to make love to her and he wanted to be sure she felt everything good and none of the bad that came with having been raped.

"Logan? Logan I'm scared," Marie whispered as she sat staring down at Logan as he stared at her.

"I know," Logan whispered softly, desperately hoping he was doing this right. That he wasn't making matters worse. "But you know me, inside and out. I love you, I would never hurt you Marie. You have to believe me."

"I do."

Smiling Logan raised his head to tease her with a soft kiss, trailing his lips over the phantom bruises and cuts, easing their pain with his touch. Hoping she understood this wasn't just about sex, Logan sighed as her hands came to rest on his chest, the faint tremble telling him she was more than just a little uneasy, she was absolutely terrified. With only a vague thought to vanquish the demons in her mind, Logan turned to worshiping her mouth, easing her into a passionate kiss with little nips and sucks that had her squirming against him.

Moving slowly, taking his time to get her to open up to him, Logan relished the way she allowed him access to her mouth, her lips softening beneath his, her breath exploding in a rush as he deepened the kiss, his tongue tracing over her's stroking, teasing, until she groaned and took control, pulling him closer into the kiss and giving back as good as she got.

"Logan.." like a spring breeze the soft whimper stirred him, easing the fiery need he felt even as he deepened the kiss, taking what she so willingly offered. He wasn't stupid, a kiss was just that a kiss and it would be a long, drawn out process before she'd actually let him into her body but they had time. They had eternity and he was going to take his time and make it work because he'd rather cut his own heart out than hurt her any more than she'd already been hurt.

"Marie, my sweet Marie," whispering softly he trailed a gentle line of kisses along her jaw, trailing the faded bruises until she was arching her throat up for him to nip and lick at. Licking at her pulse point he could feel her blood pounding, his sense of smell telling him that it wasn't caused by desire so much as fear and he growled low at the thought of what those bastards had done.

"Logan?" terror in her voice as he paused, lifting his head to stare into her eyes.


"Shh, it's okay," Logan soothed his hands cupping her face, "I tend to growl during sex."

"Is this what its going to be? Sex?"

Logan paused and stared at her, was this just sex? With a slight smile, he gave her the only answer his heart would allow. "No Marie, this isn't sex. This is about makin' love with my girl."

Smiling fearfully at his claim Marie nodded her eyes drifting down to the rapidly swelling erection that was between them. Swallowing her fear she stepped back into the circle, letting Logan have control again even as she closed her eyes tightly, partially against the fear, and partially because she didn't want to see his expression when he took her.

Moving back to her throat, Logan worked his tongue and lips over it, pausing to suckle at the pulse point, behind her ears, even as she moaned softly. "Marie open your eyes," he ordered softly. "Open your eyes so you can watch."

"I don't want to."

"Yes you do," Logan replied softly as he trailed his hands over her shoulders, down her arms to clasp her hands in his, his thumbs tracing patterns over her knuckles until she was back on track, until her body wanted to move, seeking the ultimate release. "Open your eyes so you can see it isn't the same, baby."

Opening her eyes Rogue stared at Logan, fear warred with desire, and yet deep down she couldn't shake the trust she had for Logan, for what he was doing to her. With a barely perceptible nod she waited, her eyes staring into his for whatever was coming next.

Taking his time, moving slowly, carefully Logan explored each curve, each shadowy piece of her until she was moaning softly, her hips moving against the painful erection pressed against her core.

Suckling on a breast until she squeaked, a hand trailed over her hip, soft touches that Logan had never believed he was capable of. Only when she shuddered and looked at him with passion filled eyes did he shift, waiting for the invitation that he knew was coming.

“Please Logan, I need..” Marie whispered softly, pleadingly her body withering beneath him.

“I know,” Logan whispered moving carefully until he had managed to slide into her wet warmth.


"Oh my god Logan!" Marie couldn't stop the tremble in her body as she felt the first wave of pleasure washing over her, grabbing onto something she clung to Logan, her body moving and bucking against his even as she felt him slide deeper into her body. Despite her unease with this, the memories of her attackers had been pushed to the back of her mind, and yet she knew Logan was working on them to. Despite what people thought, the Logan in her head was a stable, caring presence one that let her know she wasn't alone, that tried to keep the memories at bay, to keep her feeling loved.

Feeling her body explode she screamed his name even as she felt his release, and the warm weight of his love coming over her. Snuggling into his arms she closed her eyes, hiding from the truth in her own if nothing else. Logan was so much more than just her friend, and someday she would have to let him go but for right now, he was all hers.

"Baby?"

"I'm good Logan, darlin', better than okay actually," Marie smiled softly uncaring, unaware of the silent tears washing down her face, cleansing her soul. 'Thank you."

“You are more than welcome,” Logan smiled softly, sleepily. Pulling her close to him, he covered both of them again and within minutes they were sleeping soundly.


Waking before Logan, Marie stared at the wall her heart pounding, her mouth dry with terror. Only this nightmare was much like one of the normal ones before those men. She’d been in a holding tank submerged in water, while men in uniforms laughed and drank champagne. With a smile she sighed, it had been one of Logan’s nightmares and for that she was eternally grateful.

Snuggling back down she slid into sleep, her mind for once clear of anything of the past and she slept soundly until Logan’s rather loud alarm clock went off just after dawn.


Jumping up, Logan hurried to turn off the clock, his mind still fuzzy with sleep. It was only as he sat on the edge of his bed, his elbows on his knees and his head hanging down that he realized he was naked.

A state that rarely surprised him, but what did surprise him was the mere fact that he’d spent the night wrapped around Marie naked, with her just as naked and exposed as he was. Tensing slightly he shifted, swearing softly at himself. He shouldn’t have let things get so out of hand the night before, he should have done more to stop it but he hadn’t been able to. Now though he knew deep down he couldn’t regret it, couldn’t stop the way his heart rejoiced at being that close to her.

“Logan?” Marie’s soft question had him glancing up into the doorway where she stood wrapped in a sheet an uneasy almost scared look on her face.

“Hey baby,” Logan smiled softly, teasingly. “How’re feeling?”

Marie smiled slightly, her eyes for once unclouded by memories, clear of everything but peace. A relaxed, rested look upon her face, “Better than I have in weeks. Thank you.”


With a short laugh Logan shook his head, “Don’t thank me baby. It was all you last night, and I’m glad of it.”

“So am I,” Marie sighed and tilted her head slightly. “So you don’t hate me?”

“No baby, I don’t hate you.”

“Good. You hungry? I can make breakfast.”

“Sounds good,” Logan sighed. “Sounds really good.”

Somehow knowing better than to dwell on the night before, Logan rose and pulled on a pair of sweats. There was no one slated to come calling, no one that would even think of coming out to the small house so he didn’t bother with washing Marie’s scent off him just yet.

Leaning against the door jam he watched her making breakfast her body wrapped in a robe, her face wearing a slight smile. “Marie, how’d it happen that we slept naked against each other last night?”

The way she stiffened before turning to face him had him tensing as well. “I don’t know, I was just thinking you were my safety. My rock when I touched you. I guess I forgot about it for a while,” she explained softly, weakly.

Logan smiled and walked over to her, pulling her into his arms. Dropping a quick kiss on her bare cheek, his lips lingered as he realized her mutation hadn’t kicked in. “That’s good. Its okay Marie, I’m glad.”

With a nod Marie gave a weak smile, “Can we do it tonight again?”

“Baby we can do it as often as you want to,” Logan promised knowing she wasn’t talking about sleeping, she was talking about the sex. “All you gotta do is say so.”

With a nod and a brave smile, Marie went back to fixing breakfast. “Okay.”

Taking a cup of coffee Logan moved over to the table and settled down to read his paper. Letting Marie have the use of his body was by no means a hardship for him, and if it helped her heal than it was even better. He would do anything for her, and if making love to her was what she wanted than he would do it without complaint. After all, he’d always been there for her, even when she didn’t want him to be.





The soft purr of the pickup had Marie looking out the window and she smiled as she recognized Logan coming back from town. Rising she hurried toward the door, blinking past the dizziness that had been washing over her at odd times for the past few days. Pausing before the door she frowned slightly as she realized it had been nearly three months since she’d been kidnaped, and Logan had rescued her.

It had also been two months, four days, and a handful of hours since they’d become lovers and the stray but scary thought that maybe she was pregnant slid into her mind and wouldn’t get back out.

It was only after Logan had kissed her softly, and they’d started to unpack the groceries that she noticed the pharmacy bag sitting on the counter. With a glance at Logan who returned her look steadily she picked it up, hoping against hope it wasn’t a box of condoms - they had never used them, never had the need for them and for Logan to buy some could only mean one thing.

Opening the bag with shaky hands she peered inside and glanced sharply at Logan who merely shrugged, “I can smell the change in hormones,” he explained quietly as she pulled the thin, plain looking box out of the bag and stared at the home pregnancy test.

“Do you think its possible?” Marie whispered.

Logan smiled slightly and nodded, “Yeah baby, I do.”

With a small, scared nod Marie set it aside to be used first thing in the morning. She was terrified that if it was positive, if she was pregnant that it was one of her attackers’s and not Logan’s baby. If that happened she’d rather be dead than be responsible for that child.

“Regardless of what happens Marie, we’ll deal with it,” Logan whispered pulling her into his arms and squeezing her gently. “Now then, I’m gonna fire up the barbecue, you wanna cut up the potatoes and wrap ‘em in foil?”

“Sure.”

Pushing thoughts of the test from her mind, Marie fell into the familiar rhythm of making supper. Crawling into bed that night she sighed softly even as she felt Logan shift, pulling her closer to him and sliding into sleep.


Rising before Logan, Marie padded into the bathroom and flipped the light on. Blinking at the harsh yellow light she sighed and sat down on the toilet to read the instructions for taking the test.

Ten minutes later she sat at the table staring out the window at the rising sun. Fear kept her from looking at the results, fear that she’d betrayed Logan again by becoming pregnant by one of those two sonsabitches..

“Its positive,” Logan’s soft voice had her jumping slightly and she turned to stare at him.

“Is it? I wonder about the due date..” she whispered softly turning her attention back to her view.

“I don’t,” Logan sighed and moved to sit next to her. “Regardless of what happened Marie, this is our baby. Yours and mine. Ain’t gonna stop me from loving you, or it,” he whispered pulling her against him, burying his nose in her hair and inhaling sharply.

“I don’t know Logan. I’m so scared that its theirs that I can’t help but be angry and scared, and filled with hate all at the same time,” Marie sighed sadly. “We need to find a mutant tolerant doctor..”

“I heard of one a few hours north of here. Lives in a small community called Glenview,” Logan sighed, understanding her reasoning. He had no doubt that looking at a child spawned by a rape would only create problems all the way around, reminders would lead to neglect, neglect to abuse and the cycle would continue, “She’s supposed to be pretty good.”

“We’ll phone her, see if maybe she’ll take us on.”

“I gotcha,” Logan smiled. “If she does, we’ll just move up to Glenview and find work there. No big deal baby.”

“I guess,” Marie listened to the steady sound of Logan’s adamantium laced body moving around the room she sighed, she wouldn’t do anything to endanger this child’s life. Regardless of who the father was, the child didn’t ask to be created and blaming it would do little good.



Two weeks later, Marie was sitting in the tiny cubicle of a small town clinic waiting for the doctor to finish reading the results of the tests. Logan sat a few inches away, his hand holding hers firmly.

“Congratulations you two,” the doctor said with a smile. With coal black hair, blue eyes, and an easy, ready smile the woman hardly looked twenty but was in fact closer to forty than twenty.

“Any idea when its due?” Marie asked fearfully, her grip tightening on Logan’s hand.

“Well the only way to confirm it would be an ultrasound,” the doctor said glancing at the young couple, “Or..”

“Or?”

“Mentally, this fetus feels about eleven weeks into development. Which means that there is absolutely no way that either of the men who assaulted you could possibly be the father,” she stated quietly aware of the shock that rolled off the young woman and the anger that seemed to swell around the man.

“What are you talking about?”


Turning to face the couple, Doctor Beth Metcalfe shrugged, “I’m a telepath, you were projecting your fears I merely read them. I will want to examine you much more extensively Marie at a later date.”

“Not today though?” Marie asked hesitantly, nervous fear in her voice.

Dr. Metcalfe smiled softly, reassuringly “Not today. I think you’ve had enough people poking and prodding at your body to last a very long time. Go home, rest, relax, enjoy the moment.” she stated before going over the medical requirements. “I’ll see you in a month, then we’ll do the physical exam.”

“Yeah,” Marie smiled softly and glanced at Logan. “A month.”


Standing in front of a run down bar, Logan appraised it carefully. He’d made enough money to put a down payment on it, and to keep them in food and shelter for a while but he was a little hesitant to buy it without Marie’s consent.

“So you like it?” Marie’s voice was soft from behind him and he glanced at her.

“Its gonna take a lot of work.”

“We could fix it up. Turn it into a nice friendly place to have a drink, a bite to eat even.”

“So you think my idea was a good one?” Logan asked softly, studying Marie. With the news that this baby was his she’d relaxed a lot. The fear was gone from her eyes, the hesitancy was gone and she was starting to look forward to the birth of the baby even if it wasn’t for a few more months.

“I think it was brilliant,” Marie smiled softly at him. She glanced at her watch and sighed, “Come on we’ve got an appointment to get to.”

With a grin, Logan glanced at the woman standing a few feet away a briefcase in her hands and nodded, “We’ll take it.”

“Excellent,” the woman gave a relieved smile and pulled out some papers. “Fill these out, and stop in at my office tomorrow morning.”

“Okay,” Marie took them, edging a little closer to Logan as she watched the woman move off. Things were improving, hell even her nightmares had faded, tangling instead with Logan’s until she wasn’t even scared half the time by the images in her mind. Instead it was like she was watching a bad movie.

“Well partner, lets get this appointment outta the way so we can get back to the motel and fill these out. We’ll drop the cash off tomorrow and then we can move in.”

“Sounds good lover, sounds good.”

With a smile and a soft hug Logan guided her back to the truck, they would be okay now, he knew that for sure.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=98