Not Forgotten #27 by Ally
Summary: A friend in need.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Angst, General
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Not Forgotten
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 549 Read: 1514 Published: 08/22/2001 Updated: 08/22/2001

1. Chapter 1 by Ally

Chapter 1 by Ally
Jean had been keeping an eye on the Medlab's ICU even as she made herself coffee and a sandwich and began to eat. If anything went wrong, she wanted to be the first to know about it.

Jean's mind wandered over the events of the last few hours. Rogue--not Carol anymore--had flown into the mansion's dining hall without bothering to open the large, beautifully wrought French doors. Well, those wouldn't be too hard to replace. Then, barely noticing her healing cuts from the glass, Rogue had told them the short version of the story. Carol had been with Magneto, then Rogue had gained control and integrated Carol into herself. She, Jubilee and Logan had fought Magneto and his scum, and now Jubilee was lying on the ground somewhere in northern New York State, siezing and unconcious.

It had taken barely five minutes for the team to be ready to go. Not bothering with uniforms, they'd jumped into the Blackbird and headed for the site using Rogue's memory as navigation.

Jean had worked hard to save Jubilee from the moment she'd entered the plane. The doctor in her wasn't sure that the young woman would make it, but the woman and friend in her hoped beyond hope that she would. Perhaps there was something in the human psyche that held onto hope at all costs, Jean pondered wistfully.

A disturbance in the ICU caught her attention. Someone was in there with Jubilee, and her mental senses were very confused as to who it was. She didn't detect danger to Jubilee, but the person with her was another story.

Jean rushed down to the lower levels, doors opening for her, the elevator going down at nearly break-neck speed. Then she was at the ICU. What she saw through the window should have surprised her, but it didn't.

Rogue was holding onto Jubilee, skin against skin, and for once it wasn't the other person who was being drained. Rogue's skin was white as Jubilee's had been when Jean had last seen her, but Jubilee's glowed with health. Whatever Rogue was doing, it seemed to be working.

Jean couldn't let it go on, of course. She ran into the room and grabbed hold of Rogue's arms, pulling her away. Thankfully, Rogue was too shocked and weak to fight her. She wouldn't have been able to handle the strength the younger woman now possessed if it had been unleashed on her.

"Dammit, Rogue! What did you do?" Jean asked, now supporting her. Jubilee's eyes fluttered, and tears streamed from Rogue's.

"I gave her what she needed. I wasn't sure if I could, but I did! But now...I feel so sick, Jean. Please, can I lie down?" Rogue asked pitifully.

Jean put aside her professional curosity long enough to get Rogue into the other bed in the ICU. She checked on Jubilee, who was conscious now but in no state to do more than open her eyes and then shut them quickly. Vital signs were more than stable, and the trauma she'd gone through seemed to be almost completely healed.

Deciding that she'd get no answers now from Rogue, who had cried herself to sleep within minutes, Jean sat down to wait. It never occured to her to tell anyone else what had just happened.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=954