Nipples by aranenumenesse
Summary: Nipples.
Categories: X3 Characters: None
Genres: Friendship, Humor
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 691 Read: 1938 Published: 01/01/2007 Updated: 01/01/2007

1. Nipples by aranenumenesse

Nipples by aranenumenesse
*Nipples, nipples, nipples…*

“Oh, for fuck’s sake…” He groaned and shifted on his seat. Ten hours worth of traveling in an over-stuffed train. Ten unfuckingbelievable long hours before he saw Marie again, and his internal voice decided to step in and make a living hell out of it.

*Nipples, nipples, nipples…*

He tried to block out annoying chant running in his head. At first counting backwards seemed to help but then he let his mind wander to Marie and voice returned with renewed enthusiasm.

*Nipplesnipplesnipplesnipples…*

He growled out loud, scaring an elderly lady sitting opposite him. He tried to smile at her reassuringly. No ma’am, I’m not about to turn to a drooling maniac and take this whole trainload of people hostages. Not yet. Lady didn’t buy his crooked grin. She collected her bags and retreated hastily to the other end of the car.

*Nipples, nipples, nipples, nipples, nipples…*

Like an energizer-bunny it just kept going, showing no signs of weakness or tiring. He tried to distract himself from it by calculating the approximated amount of oxygen in the car per passenger. It only reminded him of how enclosed and full the place truly was, and he had to stop before he bolted.

*Nipplesnipplesnipples, nipples, nipples…*

Three hours and still going strong. Voice was more intimidating and persistent than Sabretooth.

*Nipples? Nipplesnipplesnipples. N-I-P-P-L-E-S!*

He tried to read, worn and tattered copy of the Lord Of The Rings he had found from his seat when he entered the train. Story took an interesting turn when his inner voice decided to add the word nipples, replacing all the names in the story with it.

*Nipples, nipples, nipples…*

“Would you shut the fuck up already?”

*How about sexual scenarios, instead?*

“No. Just keep quiet.”

*Nipplesnipples, nipples… NIPPLES!*

“I’m not listening.”

*Nipplesnipplesnipplesnipples…*

“Still not listening…”

*Nipples, Marie, nipples, Marie…*

“Christ! Cut it out!” Marie wasn’t something to think about when nipples-chant kept going inside of his head. She was getting married. The very reason of this little trip of his. After she had gotten the cure she had finally fulfilled her dream and taken off, heading to Alaska. She had picked up a hitchhiker. Hitchhiker had been on his way to Alaska. Just an ordinary guy with all his belongings stuffed in to a battered backpack. And now they lived together in Alaska.

*NipplesMarienipplesMarie…*

He let out a sigh, not happy, not sad. At first he had been furious when she had called and told him the news. Some insults had been traded. Couple hours later he had left the trashed Danger Room, called to Marie and apologized his harsh words.

*Nipples, nipples… Nipples?*

He had realized something important. Jealous rage spent, standing sweating and panting among holographic carcasses. There was no way he could loose her. Marie was getting married to an other man ergo there was no chance of them hooking up and him fucking up the whole thing. It was a bittersweet waking up.

*Nipples? Nipplesnipplesnipples. Nipples!*

Seven-hour marker passed and inner voice hadn’t even slowed down. He had gotten numb to it. At one point he noticed his fingers were tapping against the narrow windowsill, emphasizing every syllable. Well, there were worse ways to spend one’s time… Nip-ples, nip-ples, nip-ples…

*Nipples, nipples, nipples, nipples…*

Train was slowing down. Chant in his head was gaining more speed and volume. He actually had to scan his surroundings to make sure that the other passengers couldn’t hear it.

*Nipples… Nipples, NipplesnipplesnipplesnipplesnipplesMARIE!*

Voice grew suddenly silent when he stepped down from the train and saw her standing there. Alone. Old duffel bag on her feet. Thick cloak covering her body. Hood shadowing her face.

“Cure wore off. Jack threw me out. Give me a ride?” She asked, head lowered.
“Don’t have wheels. Train will do?”
“Fine.”
“Okay. Where to?” He said, picking up her bag.
“Doesn’t matter. As long as I get away from here. As long as you’re there it doesn’t matter.” He stopped and lifted her chin carefully with his bare fingers.
“I’ll always be there for you, Marie.”
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=87