The Bet by Shadowlady
Summary: When Logan finds a drunken Scott in his room he gets a crash course in Cyke’s Psyche and Scott gets enlightened.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3794 Read: 3546 Published: 02/06/2007 Updated: 02/06/2007

1. Chapter 1 by Shadowlady

Chapter 1 by Shadowlady
Returning to the mansion Logan stretched tiredly, his body ached but he ignored the faded bruises. Tonight’s fights had been very lucrative, a thick wad of bills in his pocket confirmation that he’d won again, that he hadn’t lost it after nearly three years at the mansion.

Stalking through the darkened residence he came to an abrupt halt at the familiar form folded up in front of the tv, her platinum streaks tucked behind her ears, the comforter from the back of the couch wrapped around her shoulders.

“Hey,” with a slight grin he shifted directions, moving until he could sink into the sofa next to her. “What are you doing up? Nightmare?”

“No,” she whispered softly her gaze still on the late night commercial for beer. “Mister Summers is camped out in the middle of our bed.”

“What the hell for?” Logan growled, anger quickly replacing concern for Marie’s presence in the common room. Anything that upset his and Marie’s sleeping habits was reason for shredding in his opinion.

“He didn’t say,” Rogue yawned. “But I couldn’t see just crawling into bed with him there. After all I have a room of my own.”

From her tone Logan knew she’d heard that statement before, probably on one of those mornings she had slept in and come crawling out of his room at nine or so.

“Come on,” rising gracefully Logan pulled her to her feet with the same motion and headed for the stairwell. “We can go find out!”

“You know he’s going to have kittens if he knows I sleep in with you. After all he’s so..”

“I know,” Logan replied grumpily. “Fuck him. You need your sleep and if sleeping with me lets you get eight hours every night then who the hell is he to complain! Besides I like having you next to me.”

“Yes Logan.” the secretive, womanly smile on Rogue’s face didn’t go unnoticed or unappreciated as they headed up the stairs to Logan’s bedroom.



Taking another swig of the whiskey in his hand and enjoying the slow burn Scott glanced again at the clock on the bedside table. The dial clearly read two am and he could feel his anger rising.

“Why the heck couldn’t he get his ass back here by curfew? If the rest of us can manage it, why can’t he?”

Glancing up sharply as the door opened and Logan’s rather intimidating form filled the doorway a dark scowl on the other man’s face, Scott straightened slightly. Suppressing the shudder that raced through him, Scott faced the other man as steadily as his drunken body would allow.

“Some reason you’re in the middle of my bed?” Logan’s tone was not pleasant, in fact he sounded rather pissed.

“We need to talk.”

“So wait until morning,” Logan snapped hitting the light switch and flooding the room with light, enjoying the way Scott flinched at the sudden brightness.

“It can’t wait until morning!” Scott snarled, “If it could I would have left it; not sat here for hours on end waiting for you to get back.”

“Fine,” Logan snapped aware of Rogue’s presence by his shoulder. Her slight body was leaning against him, exhaustion plaguing her as she waited for Scott to move. “Move.”

“You are a prick,” Scott growled angrily.

“Says you,” Logan shot back. “You waited up till two on a Friday night just to tell me what everyone knows you think?”

“No. I am here about the bet.”

“What bet?”

“Jean and Ro have a bet going,” Scott sighed sadly, inching over so he was sitting on the edge of the bed his mind still fuzzy with the effects of the booze.

With a soft smile at Rogue, Logan shifted turning the covers back and letting her slide into the bed before tucking her in and turning back to Scott. “Oh?”

“Two mature, level headed women and they’re making bets about your preferences.”

“Preference?” Logan frowned a dark growl escaping.

“Yeah, red or platinum?”

“What the fuck are you babblin’ bout bub?”

“Jean bet Ro a hundred dollars you’d screw her first.”

Rogue glared at Scott for a second as she shifted, sitting up in the bed before glancing at Logan tiredly, “I better go to my bedroom..”

“Scott get off my bed,” Logan snarled grabbing Scott’s arm and dragging him off the bed and into the only chair in the room. “You just lay back down baby, its okay.”

“Logan,” Rogue started only to sigh and shuffle back down into the covers. Sliding them over her head she rolled away from the two men to face the wall, she really didn’t want to hear this conversation. She didn’t want to know which one Logan would nail first, part of her kept hoping he’d make love to her someday.

“So what exactly are you doing in my room then?” Logan said noting Scott’s obvious lack of attention on where Rogue was.

“I really don’t like you,” Scott snapped angrily. “ And the fact that you’ve managed to get my wife to think of you as some hot stud makes me hate you even more.”

“Feelin’ a little insecure are you?” Logan snickered, “You shouldn’t. Far as I’m concerned they both owe me a hundred bucks.”

“Really?” there was doubt in Scott’s voice as he stood staring at Logan who was quickly shedding his coat and shirts. Obviously the man was preparing to get into bed.

“Yeah,” Logan sneered at Scott slightly then shrugged, turning deadly serious. His tone was so serious even Rogue rolled over to stare at him, “My bed’s only big enough for two, having either of ‘em in it would make it a bit crowded.”

“Ha, those little trollops you prefer don’t count,” Scott snickered drunkenly.

“Listen up Scooter cause I’m only going to say this once. My bed, my choice. And I happen to be very happy with who is in my bed right this minute. Now go find your wife and get the hell outta my room.”

“There is no one in your bed,” Scott declared looking at the item in question a frowning puckering his brow over his shades. “Logan who the hell is in your bed?”

“Rogue,” Logan shot back. “And she’s staying there so get your hackles down bub, cause she’s sticking around.”

“Rogue has her own room,” Scott replied firmly. “Its down the hallway.”

“Scott don’t be a prick.”

“There are rules to this place,” Scott started poking at Logan’s chest with a rather unsteady finger. “One of them is no screwing the students..”

“Why not?” Logan shot back angrily. “You do it.”

“I have never slept with any of the students. Especially when they’re all under age!”

“Cyke go to bed,” Logan snarled. “I’m tired and I want to get some rest.”

“I will not..”

“Scott go to your own room,” Rogue’s sleepy voice had him turning to the bed where she was laying, “I can’t sleep with the sound of your rather annoying voice echoing in my head. It’s Logan’s bed and if he wants me in it, I’m staying as long as he wants me to.”

“Rogue, you know..”

“Goodnight Scooter,” Logan grinned at the other man and hustled him out of the door. Closing it in his face, he turned to lean against the door his hazel eyes fixed on the figure in the bed.

“Is it just me or have they all gone insane?” Rogue asked tiredly.

“I think they all lost what little sense they had,” Logan replied stripping down to his skin before donning a pair of sweats to sleep in.

“If I wasn’t here, who’d you nail first?” Rogue whispered after a few minutes of silence, her body curving around Logan’s, her heart pounding as she waited for his answer.

“Seriously?” Logan shrugged slightly, his arm curving over her waist. “Neither of them.”

“Logan,” Rogue sighed softly. “You and I both know that you..”

“Don’t want either of ‘em. Besides that, if you weren’t here I wouldn’t be either,” Logan replied nuzzling her hair out of his way. “Get some sleep and quit worrying, I’ve got all I want right here.”

Smiling tiredly, Rogue nodded and snuggled deeper into his arms. He was everything she wanted, everything she needed and she was happy wrapped in his arms.



Groaning softly Scott glanced at Jean who was standing in the hall next to ‘Ro in front of Logan’s bedroom door. Shaking his head carefully, the effects of the hangover making him grumpy he walked toward them.

“What are you two doing?”

“We’re waiting for Logan,” Ororo replied. “We need to talk to him.”

“I don’t think he’s awake yet,” Scott snapped angrily.

“Jealousy doesn’t become you,” Jean whispered and reached up to knock on the door. “Logan? You awake?”

Hearing his name and the tapping on the door Logan growled and pulled Rogue closer to him, burying his face in her hair and ignoring Jean’s annoying voice. Feeling Rogue shift, arching closer to him he groaned softly and pulled the covers up closer around them.

Hearing the door open he felt her tense, “Shh, relax.” he whispered softly his lips against her ear through her hair. Taking reassurance from the way she squeezed his hand before relaxing into his warmth, Logan blinked at the faint sunlight that streamed into the room and sighed it looked like the weather was going to be nice but the day was shaping up to be a bitch.

“Logan?”

“Some reason you people think that door’s supposed to be open?” Logan ground out angrily.

“We came to talk.”

“Sun isn’t even up all the way,” Logan snapped. “Come back later.”

“We can’t..” Jean started. “Look we know you were out late..”

“Not as late as some people,” Logan replied with a snarl as he rolled over, pulling his weight up so he was half leaning against the headboard. “What do you want?”

“Two guesses..” Scott glowered at Logan, his gaze darting to the shifting lump beside the other man. “Maybe we should talk downstairs..”

“No, now is a good time,” Jean drawled then glanced at Logan when the covers next to him shifted, what was obviously legs being moved under them hitting her in the chest.

“No it is not,” Logan shot back.

“This is serious,” Jean snapped. “Your little friend will just have to get up.”

“Like I told Scotty last night,” Logan ground out angrily, his knuckles showing red at the need to extend his claws. “A - whomever I want in my bed is my choice, b- in case you’ve all missed the obvious I am not interested in your little soap opera and c - any fool with eyes can clearly see the no vacancy sign flashing above my bed. In short, go away!”


“Morning Rogue!” Jubilee’s annoying cheerfulness had Rogue waving at her from beside Logan before she pulled the pillow’s over her head and tried desperately to drown out the fact that Jean, Storm, and Scott were standing in the middle of the room and half her clothes from the night before had disappeared.

“Rogue!” Storm mouthed and glanced at Jean for a moment, trying to hide her smile. “Perhaps we should wait to have this discussion.”

“Thanks ‘Ro,” Logan nodded briefly at the other woman for a split second before he turned his attention to Scott and Jean. “We can discuss this later, for now get out of my bedroom!”

“We will most definitely be discussing this,” Scott snapped as Rogue sat up, the sheet pooling in her waist, a waist covered by a thin black tee shirt. “Good morning Rogue. Did you get lost last night?”

“Huh?”

“You do have a room of your own, you take a wrong turn or something?”

“Nope,” Rogue glared at the trio. “I sleep here, Logan doesn’t mind and I get all the sleep I need.”

“I’ll bet he doesn’t mind,” Jean heard Scott mutter and glanced at him sharply. Now was not the time to be pissing Logan off.

Kicking the covers off the bed sharply Logan moved so quickly no one had a chance to stop him as he grabbed Scott by the throat and pushed him against the wall, holding him a couple inches off the floor.

“Watch what you say bub, or you’re going to be needing a hospital.”

“Don’t threaten me.”

“I ain’t threatening you,” Logan replied softly, lethally. “I mean it.” the light flashed off his claws in emphasis.

“Come on,” Storm hustled Jean out of the room and with a patient look at Logan, peeled Scott off the wall and pushed him out the door before grabbing it and glancing apologetically at the pair who were stirring. “We’ll be in the study.”

Logan nodded and raked a hand through his hair before turning to glance at Rogue who was sitting staring at the tangled blankets with a puzzled expression, “What’s wrong?”

“Where are my socks?” Rogue asked glancing at Logan sharply.

“On your feet?”


“No they aren’t,” Rogue whispered. “I don’t know where they are. I’m just glad you were sleeping on top the sheet..”

“I wasn’t sleeping on the sheet,” Logan replied firmly. “Didn’t think I had to.”

“Oh my God..” Rogue said kicking the blankets off to reveal bare feet and her leggings pushed up her legs so they were sitting by her knees. “What if I had touched you?”

Logan frowned slightly for a moment then grinned and hurried over to the bed, pinning her in place with hands on either side of her hips, “How long have we slept together?”

“Three years,” Rogue replied quickly. “Give or take a night or two.”

“I wonder..” Logan muttered and reached out to grasp Rogue’s face in his hands even as she pulled back sharply, her hands coming up to block his move. With a cocked eyebrow, Logan paused a second then brushed her hands out of his way and jerked his gloves off before touching her bare skin.

Feeling nothing but the warm smoothness of her skin he grinned and a second later she joined him as he pulled her against his body, his arms tightening almost painfully.

“Logan what happened? Why can we touch?” Rogue whispered jerking her gloves off to trace his face carefully, her hands running down his chest, tracing over the contours easily, familiarly yet the touch was so profound. For the first time since he’d stabbed her she was consciously touching him and he wasn’t falling gasping to the floor.

“I don’t know but I ain’t about to complain,” Logan grunted as he held her. They’d have to check it over with Jean but that could come later, much, much later.

“We should go mmhph..” Rogue gasped as she felt Logan shift, sucking in a quick breath even as his mouth took hers, plundering her lips easily. This was new but welcome and she held on for dear life even as he shifted, uncaring that they were supposed to be meeting the horrible trio downstairs, easing her onto her back amongst the tangled sheets and pillows from the night before.

“Marie?” Logan’s voice held a clear question, yet he spoke it. There was no way he would hurt her for anything and he would back off if she said to. “Are you sure? You don’t have to..”

“Logan,” Rogue looked slightly miffed. “Shut up and make love to me. We’re wasting time talking, the terrible trio might come back.”

With a groan Logan turned his attention back to exploring the level of touch they could experience forgetting about the trio who’d unceremoniously barged into the room earlier.




Sitting on the sofa Ororo watched Scott and Jean carefully, they were sitting next to each other but they weren’t talking, weren’t even looking at each other and the anger that simmered between them was hardly unnoticeable. Hearing the door open she turned slightly to see Jubilee and Kitty, Rogue’s roommates come into the room and head for shelves that lined the wall behind the massive desk.

“Morning girls,” she spoke softly, a smile gracing her face easily.

“Morning Miss Monroe,” Kitty replied softly, shyly before picking up the book she was grabbing and turning to head back to the hallway.

“Do you have a moment?” Ororo asked softly as the girls walked past her.

“Sure Miss Monroe,” Jubilee grinned easily, her bubbly personality coming to the front.

“How long as Rogue been going to sleep in Logan’s room?” Storm asked softly.

“Oh ages,” Jubilee said and glanced at Kitty when she smacked her. “What?”

“You aren’t supposed to tell.”

“Oh for Petes sake, they caught them..”

“No..” Kitty’s eyes widened comically as she stared at her friend in amazement.

“Yeah, and Logan didn’t have a shirt on, I’m not sure if he had sweats on or not. Didn’t look like their usual morning entanglement. Unless one of them had a nightmare..”

“Didn’t hear no screams last night so that must mean..”

“Yep. Betcha she got lucky!”

“Ooh, that girl is going to have to give us details.”

“Uh girls, back to my question.”

“Yeah, ages,” Kitty said softly easily, “Since he got back actually. See Rogue has nightmares and so does Logan but when they sleep together they aren’t so bad. Probably cause they understand each other’s reaction to them.”

“Thank you girls,” Ororo smiled as the girls walked away, their heads bowed together even as she glanced up at the clock. It had been nearly an hour since they’d come down stairs where the heck was Logan and Rogue.


“Morning Wolverine, morning Rogue,” Kitty’s slight giggle had Storm turning to the doorway and smiling. Logan and Rogue were walking in together, Logan’s hand on the girl’s waist, her hand tucked into his waist band.

“Morning Rogue,” the soft smile didn’t ease off her face as she studied the younger woman.

“Morning Storm,” Rogue settled on the love seat and Logan slid in next to her, letting her curl up on his chest even as Scott and Jean shifted, their attention turning to the young woman and Logan.

“Rogue, some reason you don’t feel the need to utilize your room?” Jean asked softly, a mysterious thread running through her voice.

“I sleep better with Logan.”

“Sheath your claws duchess,” Logan rumbled his hand running through Rogue’s wet hair, “It ain’t your decision to make.”

“There is a reason we don’t allow staff and students..”

“I’m not a student,” Rogue interrupted gently.

“Besides that,” Logan smirked at Jean, “We aren’t here to discuss Rogue’s sleeping habits. We’re curious to know where the fuck you get off making bets about us?”

“Uh?” Jean looked at Storm then at Scott. “What are you talking about?”

“I heard about your little bet to see if I’d nail you or ‘Ro first,” Logan drawled. “Frankly, I don’t appreciate the sentiment.”

“Come on Logan, we aren’t blind. You haven’t been..”

“Got it this morning,” Logan interrupted quickly with a slight squeeze of Rogue, “Thanks for the interest in my sex life..”

“Perhaps I can shed some light,” Storm said looking at Logan. Taking a deep breath she glanced at Jean then back at Logan and Rogue, “We’d been drinking, perhaps more than we should have and the topic of the women you’ve associated with in the past came up. When Jean suggested the bet I didn’t take her seriously, quite frankly I figured it was none of our affair who you slept with.”

“Brilliant deduction Sherlock,” Logan grunted.

“However, I admit we used rather poor judgment, I should have laughed it off and ignored it rather than encouraging it as I did by participating.”


“What on earth made you think that Logan would..?” Rogue paused and shifted, easing a little closer to Logan as she thought of a way to finish the question.

“In all honesty, I didn’t think there was a hope in hell of Logan actually carrying it out,” Storm drawled. “I mean any fool can see the two of you are a unit. Oh I don’t mean anything disrespectful by it, but Logan’s very much a part of your life. I can’t see him sleeping with either of us, considering the mere fact that if he had would be all over within a few days and that would hurt you Rogue. Logan wouldn’t do that to you.”

“Score one for Storm,” Logan snapped sarcastically. “As far as I’m concerned you both owe Rogue and I an apology.”

“You’re absolutely right Logan,” Storm said softly. “And I do apologize to both of you.”

“Great that however doesn’t take away from the fact that..”

“If I wanted Logan to throw me on the floor and take me like a two dollar whore it is not your business,” Rogue snarled angrily. “God you think you could be a little less judgmental? Or is that something that’s just wired in?”

“We’re just concerned about your welfare,” Jean started only to gasp when Rogue sat up straight and jerked off a glove to wiggle her bare fingers at Jean.

“Logan and I are a team,” Rogue snapped and trailed a bare finger down Logan’s face, tracing his jaw lovingly before smiling softly at him and leaning over to kiss his cheek softly. “Don’t like it, too bad.”

With that she rose smoothly and headed for the doorway, “Oh, by the way he prefers brunettes,” she tossed over her shoulder with a haunt look before disappearing out the door, her hips swaying gently with each step.

Laughing at his girl’s humor Logan watched her go before he rose and glanced at the trio, “Guess the boss has spoken. Might want to rethink makin’ any more bets ladies, never know. You might not get off so easily the next time around.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Scott demanded.

“Means next time, I’m gonna rearrange somebody’s face,” Logan replied seriously before disappearing out the door leaving the trio sitting in stunned silence.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=820