Codename: LadyHawke by Auraro
Summary: On a vacation in Canada, Rogue thinks about Logan. Her and Remy get a call from the Professor saying that there is work to be done. They meet a girl who seems a bit crazy. Crossover with "LadyHawke." [Archivist's Note: It is unlikely this story will be completed. Read at your own risk.]
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Crossover
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1124 Read: 1194 Published: 02/14/2001 Updated: 02/14/2001

1. Chapter 1 by Auraro

Chapter 1 by Auraro
Author's Notes:
I love R/L, so here it is. Though Logan isn't in it, Marie thinks about him.
Victoria, Canada

Rogue looked over to Remy. "Remy.. ah Sugar? Why we here?"

"Remy thinkin' that we all could us a little break from the X-Men." Remy smiled. "I also thinkin' that we could spend sometime together."

"Remy! We are twenty-years old! Ya actin' like a child," Rogue said, playfully. She smiled and laid down on the grass. "Ah wonder... Ya think Logan might be here?"

"chere, it has been five WHOLE years. Ya really think he is gonna be back after that long?" Remy asked.

"Ah don't know sugar. Ah.. just miss him." She rubbed Logan's dog tags. "At least ah have a part of him.. in mah head."

"Rogue.. let us just forget about New York and things that happened there.. at least for a few days?" Remy asked.

"Alright." Rogue stood up and walked down the street with Remy.

A beeping noise came from Remy's wrist. The Professor informed them about a mutant testing asylum near where they where, and they should check it out. Remy gave a long grief roll about it being their time off, but it was their duty as X-Men to help the team and world whenever needed.



Rogue grabbed the handle on the door and ripped off the door. Her and Gambit walked in and where alarmed when men in white lab coats attacked them, in the distance they could screams of mutant being tested on.

"Gambit thinkin' they need a time out!" Gambit said as he threw a pair of guards into a wall. He then blew all the cells open. "Come on, not anytime to waste!"

The mutant fled from the asylum and headed towards their homes. Rogue walked along the rummage to make sure everyone was safe.

"Mamma.." a weak voice was heard.

Rogue walked over and moved heaps of things to reveal a teenager.. about fourteen.. maybe even sixteen. She had very bad cuts and bruises on her, even her pure white dress that seemed odd, had no effect on her beauty, that much Rogue would admit. "Gambit! Ah found one!" She looked at the girl. "Sugar? What is your name?"

The girl looked at her, her eyes wide with surprise. "Isabeau (say it like this IS-A-BOW it is French). Is your name Wolverine?"

Rogue looked to here Isabeau was looking, she still wore those old dog tags Logan gave her. "Ooh no. Mah name is Rogue, my best friend's name is Wolverine."

"Sounds more like a boyfriend then a best friend," Isabeau said.

"What wrong, chere?" Gambit asked.

"Gambit, this girl is hurt, we should get her to the school," Rogue said.

"chere! Why must we go back to Xavier's? We are on vacation," Gambit said leaning against a wall.

"Sugar, look at her. No way we can treat here with the stuff we got," Rogue argued.

"Xavier?" Isabeau asked. "But.. the school... got blown up.... destroyed by Magneto.. and his army... and..." She fell silent, seeing the odd looks she was getting from the older people.

"Seems like she is psycho to Gambit," Gambit muttered.

"Remy? She is badly injured, that could effect her thinking," Rogue said, in a harsh tone.

"No! No! I saw it with mah own eyes! Mamma was with me and so was all the other X-Men!" Isabeau cried. "Then he killed.... my..."

"Shh, darlin'," Gambit said, he had given into Rogue's wishes. "We are gonna get you to Xavier's, that away you can heal."

"Alright," Isabeau agreed and then dozed off.

When they reached the hotel Rogue called Xavier, asking him to send the plane by so they could pick them up. She mentioned Isabeau and her words, this had stumped the Professor. "See Ya soon Professor," Rogue said and hung up, she saw Gambit laying on the hotel bed with Isabeau sitting next to him. They had bandaged Isabeau up so she could at least walk around. "Ah see Remy, going after other women?"

Remy rolled his eyes. "Come on chere! You the only girl for Remy!"

Rogue looked down at her dogtags. Again she felt that she was lonely. The feeling she had felt every single time she looked at them. A hole five years had past... Logan didn't come home. She could understand a year, two or even three to recover from a life time... but five? Maybe Logan was just having trouble understanding we she asked him not to leave.

Rogue remember that when Logan left, the first year she used the dog tags to help her fall asleep. Sometimes they would bring great fantasies... other times just horrid nightmares. It was unfair, she wanted to go with me so badly it hurt, but he said he would come back for the dog tags. She felt that the dog tags where a way of saying, "I'll be back for you." Of course just another fantasy.

Rogue sighed and fell onto the other bed. She looked at the ceiling. She had only told Jubilee about her feeling for Logan. Surely the Professor knew, and so did Jean, but not Remy. It would break both Remy's and Bobby's hearts if she told them. She sadly turned to face the wall. She wondered. What was Logan up to?

Isabeau looked over at Rogue. Remy was to busy watching TV to notice his friends deep feeling. Isabeau walked over to Rogue and sat down on the bed. "Rogue? I... wanted to ask Ya something'."

"What is it?" Rogue asked.

Isabeau for a second fell silent them looked up. "Have.. you ever lost someone, someone so important that you felt you would never live on?"

"Yes," Rogue admitted. "Why?"

"My mother.. she was killed by one of Magneto's men," Isabeau said, trying not to cry. "I was only ten then.. and the when I was five mah father was taken away from me and mah mother. I never saw if again."

Rogue nodded and brought Isabeau in for a hug. "Ah am sure that Xavier can help Ya, he did for me. Even Logan."

Isabeau looked at Rogue. "That name.. it sounds familiar," she thought. "What about Gambit.. do you love him?"

"He is a good friend, but ah don't love him," Rogue said. "Ah think you should go to bed."

"Alright," Isabeau agreed and pulled her sleeping bag out and slept on the floor.

"Remy."

"Aw chere, please?"

"Ya wanna fall on your face when you see Xavier tomorrow?" Rogue asked, she slipped into her bed. "Night."

"Night, Marie."

Rogue closed her eyes. Only Logan called her Marie. She then rubbed her face in her pillow. She didn't want to think of the day her love went away. She just wanted to sleep. "Good night.. Logan." she whispered to her dog tags and fell asleep.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=811