Soulmates For Eternity by Shadowlady
Summary: Logan and Rogue meet an old, less than familiar figure that reveals a big secret that has the mansion in an uproar and gives the pair something to cling to.

Nar-casa Amun -Rogue
Marcus - Logan
Nefartiria
Immalseth (Rogue's intended)
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 10435 Read: 2619 Published: 11/07/2006 Updated: 11/07/2006

1. Chapter 1 by Shadowlady

Chapter 1 by Shadowlady
It had been a miserable day as far as Rogue was concerned. She'd lost her essay that was past due, gotten into a verbal confrontation with Jean, and managed to hit both Bobby and St. John within the space of a few minutes. With a sigh she slipped unnoticed from the mansion and headed for the road that ran beside the mansion to catch a cab into town.

The ride into town was quiet, peaceful and she leaned back relaxing as much as she could with Logan so strongly aware in her mind. Pulling up in front of a little cafe she paid the driver and hurried across the patio and took a seat under one of the brightly colored umbrellas.

"What'll it be sweetie?" the waitress drawled with a crooked smile.

"Molsens?" Rogue asked softly, noting the way the girl just looked at her and groaned. Once again Logan was coming out in the cravings she got. "Coffee'll do."

"One coffee coming up," the girl said moving off. A few moments later she was back with a steaming cup of coffee, a bowl of creamers and a complimentary cookie. "Just holler if you need anything else."

"Thanks." Leaning back in her chair Rogue sighed, running a gloved hand through her long hair her dark eyes on the horizon. It had been nearly two years since Logan had left the mansion, two years of reliving his past, hiding the cravings, and praying that noone noticed just how much she used the instincts, emotions, and left over thoughts from Logan.

'Hey kid," the soft, sultry voice had her jerking her head around to stare into the gaze of a tall, fair haired woman with a shock of black that framed her face much like Rogue's white streaks did her. The woman's two toned hair was cut in an attractive style that matched her exotic features, reminding Rogue of an old Elizabeth Taylor movie about Cleopatra. Dark eyes stared warmly at her, and held a touch of familiarity, a hint of knowledge that Rogue found to be out of place.

"Uh can I help you?" Rogue asked, sitting up. For some reason she didn't feel threatened, instead it was almost familiar the way the woman watched her.

"You don't remember me do you Rogue?"

"Should I?"

With a soft laugh the woman wrapped her cloak around her body and sat down at the table with her glass of iced tea, "Yes you should. We've known each other for so long that I'm surprised.."

"I don't remember meeting you lady," Rogue started uneasily.

"Name's Nefartiria and you're Nar-casa Amun and you've been you for the past three thousand years."

"Three thousand.." Rogue croaked eying the woman who took a dainty sip before nodding.

"Yes, I met you as a child in Ancient Egypt, you were the daughter of a very wealthy, very powerful man. A daughter of one of his mistresses and a rather wealthy, rather respected widow."

"Who on earth?"


"Tefnutunkamas, oh not many know of him. More know about his grandson than they do about him cause Kamas wasn't into politics. He was a merchant.."

"How do you know him?"

"I was the daughter of his wife. We were half sisters."

"Oh," Rogue sighed and shifted, gathering herself to get up out of the chair.

"I'm not crazy Rogue," Nefartiria smiled at the young woman. "You know this, you've got the memories if you'd just wake them up."

"What do you want? I don't have a lot of money on me, and I have no political or powerful friends.."

"How's Logan doing?"

Rogue paled at the softly asked question, "What?"

"Logan that is the name he's using now isn't it? How is he doing?"

"How do you know Logan?" Rogue hissed, anger flooding her as she leaned forward her hands bunching into fists.

"Same way I know you," Nefartiria said as Rogue shoved herself to her feet and with a dark look headed for the sidewalk. Following quickly Nefartiria sighed, "You always were determined to be right. We do this every single lifetime and I'm getting rather tired of repeating myself."

"Well then take a hint lady. Leave me alone.."

"I can't," Nefartiria snapped suddenly jerking Rogue to a halt. "Because Logan needs you more than ever. You weren't supposed to cross paths so early in this life. Matter of fact you weren't even supposed to meet. You were supposed to die that night on the Statue, Logan wasn't supposed to help you. He wasn't even supposed to see you!"

"Then why did he see me?"

"Because you knew he was going to be there. You knew you could get his help, knew he'd give you what you needed. Logan is as much a part of your life as the air you breath. Without him you'd die."

"What do you mean?"

"When you first began your life the Fates made a mistake. I'm sure you know the story of the Fates, how the youngest of the Fates spins the thread, she creates the life for you but something happened and instead of one life, one soul she made two that were intertwined within each other. Both you and Logan have lived separate lives before but they were never very long, and they always ended violently. This is supposed to have been one of those lives."

"How'd I meet Logan in Egypt?"

Nefartiria smiled, "He was a Roman soldier. A fighter in the for the Roman empire taken captive on the battlefield and you saw him. Being the daughter of a very wealthy woman, you were able to purchase him. Something he wasn't too happy about but what could he do? He was a slave and you his mistress. The two of you became lovers very quickly and in the end you ran away together. You were married in Thebes and bore him fourteen children before you and he passed away."

"I don't.."


"I remember this because unlike you, unlike Logan I don't die, ever. I'm immortal, a daughter of the fates if you will."

"You've seen things.."

"I've seen the world change Rogue. I've watched men and women I've known since infancy grow old and die, watched as the line of a distinguished house faded into oblivion. I'm the last of my direct line, there are no more like me."

"What about Logan's regenerative powers?"

"They'll keep him alive for years, centuries even. Just like they'll keep you around that long, keep you from aging. Both of you are becoming immortals."

"Why?"

"Because its your time." Nefartiria shrugged slightly, sticking in her hands in her pockets, "You and Logan have both suffered because of what the fates have done, in a careless act they bound the two of you together forever."

"If you say so," Rogue said and hailed the nearest cab, even as the woman shook her head and watched her.

"You know I'm right Rogue, you know that! You can't hide from it forever."

"Look lady, you've lost what little mind you had. And I'm sorry but I gotta go, I don't need to get lectured on how to act again!"

Nefartiria smiled slightly and watched her go, there would be time to awaken those memories. Logan was due back within the next two months and Nefartiria would make sure that both were aware of their past. She had enough of the residents of Xavier's putting Logan down because he was the way he was, enough of her baby sister being ostracized because of her mutation.

"Your time is coming sister," Nefartiria whispered, "Your time is coming."



Hurrying through the large gates of the school, Rogue raced up the driveway and paused before the main doors, with a soft sigh that could have been regret she shook her head. Being accosted by some nutcase was hardly surprising, in fact it happened fairly regularly these days - although most often at home and not in town but that was the only difference.

"Hey Rogue, you sucked the life outta anyone today?" the sneered joke had Rogue sucking in a calming breath as a wave of pure rage swept over her, anger that only the Wolverine could possess.

"Nope, you volunteering?" Rogue growled clenching her hands and stalking past the young man who stood giggling at her. Taking the stairs two at a time she hurried down the hallway to the far end of the corridor and opened the door. Inside was a king sized bed, dresser, and a closet full of clothes that didn't belong to her. This was her sanctuary, and Logan's full time room whenever he got his ass back to the mansion. She'd hemmed and hawed enough to get it for him and she enjoyed spending hours inside this room.

Sinking onto the bed, she flopped back and stared at the ceiling, "Patience girl. This'll be your room soon, at least if he knows what's good for him."


Giggling like a school girl, Rogue relished the idea of making Logan aware that they belonged together - even if nobody else knew it!


There are days when the pain isn't so bad, when I can smile, laugh instead of cry, enjoy the sun instead of cursing it. But those days are few and far between, most days I have to force myself from my bed. I often wonder if things could've been different, if we could have had something more than this.

Most days, my heart says yes!

Rogue glanced up at the soft knock on her bedroom door. Closing her diary she tucked it into a drawer before bidding entry. A silent moan as the door opened and a familiar woman stepped in was her only acknowledgment of regret.


"Morning Rogue. How are you doing?" Jean Grey asked softly, closing the door with a quiet click before moving to sit on the edge of the perfectly made bed.

"Fine Dr. Grey. How are you?"

"Had another one didn't you?" Jean asked with a soft, understanding smile. For the past few weeks Rogue's nights had been shattered by dreams that often haunted her waking hours as well.

"Yeah, but it was different to. I know I'm missing something. A large piece of the puzzle is missing."

Jean nodded with understanding. Rogue's dreams were filled with images of a man from the past, a man that often made Rogue smile in her sleep, who gave her a soft, well satisfied look in the mornings. Jean had never entered her mind to see the man, never heard his voice but in her heart she knew the man was important, that he held the key to Rogue's nightly walks through her own mind.

"You want to talk about it?" Jean asked softly, her gaze steady.

Rogue shrugged and shook her head. There wasn't anyone here that could understand that her nights were filled with images of her and Logan at different points in history. That her dreams felt more like memories than dreams did and she'd gotten glimpses of happy times in the life she'd shared with him, although she'd experienced loss as well. "You wouldn't understand," she finally settled on.

"No I don't suppose I would," Jean admitted slowly before patting Rogue on the shoulder. "Come for breakfast."

With a sigh, Rogue rose and padded for the door a half step behind Jean Grey. For the most parts, her dreams were pleasant, but every so often she had one that was truly horrific. Last night had been one of them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Rolling into the mansion's yard Logan growled at the thought of dealing with Scooter but shrugged it off. He had more pressing things to do like check on Marie, have a shower and grab a bite to eat - in that order!

Striding through the doors he froze as he caught movement out of the corner of his eye and turned his head just in time to see Rogue dart in front of him and throw her arms around him. Number one on his list of things to do accomplished and all he'd done was walk through the doors.

"Logan! You're home!" Rogue said squeezing the life outta him and relishing the way he hugged her back.


"Yeah, you didn't miss me at all did you?"

"Me? Naw, not in the slightest!" Rogue laughed at his grin. "You look beat. You okay?"

"Tired and hungry, not to mention in need of a shower.."

"Come on, I'll show you to our room then you can shower, and I'll grab you something to eat."

"Our room?" Logan asked silkily, he doubted that anyone around here would allow them to cohabit. It wouldn't `look' good.

"Sure, I moved into it ages ago after one of my bad days.."

"Bad days?" Logan asked, his voice filled with agitation and borderline anger.

"Yeah, see Jean and I got into a slight disagreement."

"Over what? You're a smart girl, don't know why you two would..."

"You."

"Me?"

"Yeah," Rogue shrugged as she all but drug him along behind her. "See she said I needed to develop my social skills, that acting like you would do me little good in life. I told her where to go and how to get there. Then I punched Bobby and St. John cause they made the mistake of agreeing with Jean. Both of `em figure I should quit hiding behind your personality in my mind and start living. I had to point out to them that its my mind and I control who's all up in their face. They didn't like that!"

"I can see why," Logan grinned at her chatter as she paused before a door and pulled a key out of her pocket before unlocking the door and pushing it open. "There a reason why you lock the door?"

"Yeah," Rogue glanced over her shoulder and glared at Scott. "Too many damn fools around here to go poking their noses in."

"I can see where that would have an effect," Logan said glancing at Scott who looked to be on the verge of saying something. "You need something Scooter?"

"This is a school Logan, what are you doing in Rogue's room?"

"Its our room Dickhead," Rogue snapped angrily. "And I've got to finish that assignment you gave me so if you'll excuse us!" slamming the door hard, Rogue exhaled sharply and shook her head. "Sorry. You said you were hungry.."

"What's going on Marie?" Logan dropped his bag on the floor and turned to face the young woman who'd haunted his thoughts every minute he'd been gone. The girl he'd left behind had blossomed into a beautiful woman, one with enough power within her little finger to tear someone apart and he wondered about it.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you're overly hostile - something that isn't that bad if its me doing it - and you've moved into a room that's the farthest away from everyone. I've seen the way everyone suddenly disappeared when you stepped into the hallway and I don't think that it was just cause I was with you."


"It wasn't," Rogue sighed and shrugged. "I um I had a hard time controlling you right after the Lady Liberty thing. Your personality soaked my mind, your thoughts, your emotions, your anger."

"Fuck."

"No, no that's a good thing. Its made me strong, made me really focus on controlling those emotions and I've been doing that. Its just some days the need to break loose is so strong that I have to escape. They don't understand it, don't know what its like to be two people in one body and try to keep me on a tight leash. That usually leads to someone getting hurt."

"Doesn't seem like I did much to help you out then.."

"Actually you did lots," Rogue flushed slightly. "They don't know this and I ain't gonna tell `em but with you so strong within me I've gained control. I learned how to control my skin using your memories of gaining control of your claws. I know its intrusive.."

"No more than forcing myself into your mind," Logan shrugged not in the least surprised to hear that she'd gained control with his techniques. "But that's not all is it?"

"I've been having some really weird dreams lately. They started a few days after I met this freak in town and frankly I don't know what to make of `em."

"What kind of dreams? Mine?"

"No, things, events from ancient times..."

"Egyptian?" Logan paled as he stared at her brief nod.

"Yeah. I mean this woman ran into me in town and starting going on about how we'd been together since Ancient Egypt and how we were tied to one another deep in our souls.."

"The dreams I can say I've had, the woman haven't met her," Logan raked a hand through his hair. "Did you talk to Chuck about it?"

"No," Rogue shrugged uneasily. "I just figured they were dreams, images from an over active imagination."

Logan nodded slightly, something told him that there was a change coming and he wasn't too sure he liked this one. "I think we need to talk to him. If we're sharing dreams then something's going on. I wonder if that woman's a telepath."

"I don't know. She said she was immortal."

"So she's a super-healer, yeah!"

"You think we should go talk to Professor Xavier now?"

"After I've had a shower and a bite to eat," Logan grunted and began stripping his clothes off. "You'll have to make that kitchen run kid, I'm starving."

Rogue smiled as she watched him strip carelessly, "Yes sir Logan. Anything in particular you want?" Picking up the tossed clothes she dropped them into the hamper after checking the pants pockets and noted Logan's patented eyebrow as he watched her.

"Nope, just food and a cold beer if there is any."

"No problem, be back in a second!" Rogue declared easily and turned to open the door.


"Hey Marie," Logan met her gaze easily. "Don't worry `bout what the Geeks say. Trust you instincts."

Rogue smiled softly, and shrugged. "Why do you think I'm standing here? If I listened to them they'd have me encased in silk and in a room of my own surrounded by people who could watch me!"

Logan nodded and stepped into the bathroom as Rogue opened the door and stepped out into the hallway.



Nefartiria stared at the opulent mansion that Logan and Rogue called home and sighed, "How typical. Find the best and move in!" Laughing softly she moved through the gates easily, and headed for the front door.

Waiting impatiently for the door to be answered after her summons, Nefartiria had to admit that despite three thousand years she still hadn't gotten any more patient or forgotten her wealthy upbringing. Hearing the door start to open she turned to face the person who'd answer.

"Yes?" a young girl, no more than fifteen stared back at her with blue eyes surrounded by red lashes. Short, spiked dyed red hair surround the girl's youthful features and a black and white dress fell to her knees to be met by white knee highs.

"I'm here to speak to Rogue and Logan.."

"Oh they're upstairs," the girl replied seriously. "Probably shagging by now."

"Rena," the voice, still youthful held a slight warning even as a Eurasian woman dressed in yellow moved into view. "That is so not nice to say."

"So it's the truth."

"I wish to speak to them. Where might I find their lodgings?" Nefartiria demanded glancing between the pair and wondering just how she'd gotten so old!

"Upstairs, but I don't think that's a good idea," Jubilee replied eying the cloaked woman with open curiosity. "Rogue's likely to touch you.."

"Rogue as you put it has been touching for centuries. Why would this life be any different than the other three hundred?" Nefartiria demanded and moved past the two girls. "I shall find my own way."

"Suit yourself but you won't find `em. There are lots of upstairs.."

"I don't believe I caught your name?" Nefartiria paused in front of the yellow clad woman. "You are?"

"Jubilation Lee, X-man in training."

With a slight nod, Nefartiria studied the young woman. "Street smart but completely dumb when it comes to reincarnations. I'm an old friend.."

"Oh no not you again!" Rogue's voice held disbelief.

"Who else did you think would come?" Nefartiria demanded turning to face her sister. "Julius Caesar?"

"Look lady like I told you, I am not the reincarnation of some Egyptian girl. I have no interest in what you're saying.."


"Yes you do," Nefartiria declared. "Because I can explain the dreams that have started. Explain a lot more than just what you're dreaming about to."

"How do you know?" Rogue paled beneath her tan.

"Because I've been there, I know the truth and so do you. Why else do you think that you've regained control, that your moodiness is pushing so many away?"

"Kid?" Logan's low growl had everyone turning to face him.

"And he joins us," Nefartiria declared with a grin. "So pleased to see you looking so uh..clean." she eyed his freshly showered body encased in jeans and nothing else. "Perhaps we could discuss this privately."

"You want me to take your coat?" Jubilee asked sarcastically only to have her jaw drop when the woman shucked it to reveal a dress woven of golden thread that revealed more than it covered.

"Thank you. Try not to step on it, silver I find tends to kink and it's so hard to get them out!"

"There a reason you're walking around half naked?" Logan growled at the woman who's dressed covered her full breasts, and her hips all the way around before ending just short of being obscene.

"Yep," Nefartiria declared. "Time to take a walk down memory lane. And this time it's gonna stick because I am not wasting my breath for another three thousand years."

"This is the woman I was tellin' you about," Rogue sighed as the room itself began to shift, and shimmer. Startled she grabbed onto the nearest thing and clung to it, subconsciously aware that she was clinging to Logan.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Scott and Jean rush into the room a moment before they faded and suddenly she was standing in a well lit stone room surrounded by motifs of strange creatures and intricate carvings on the walls.

"Where the fuck are we?" Logan growled flexing his arm and staring at his hand as his claws refused to come out.

"Exactly where you were three thousand years ago Marcus. Awaiting your fate at the hands of the Pharaoh."

"Pharaoh?"

"Pharaoh. You're in Egypt, in my house."

"What am I doing here?" Rogue gasped glancing down to reveal the plain cotton attire of a young woman.

"Well besides being ill-dressed you're my half sister. Where else would you be?" Nefartiria declared. "You are at home Nar-casa Amun."

"Huh?"

"You're about to relive your life, starting today. The day you meet Marcus here. The day you really begin to live. I do have to warn you, you're not going to be able to control events and you Nar-casa Amun have been promised to another."

"Who?" Rogue growled glancing around even as several guards appeared followed by an old woman with a robe in her hands.


"My brother," Nefartiria declared with a shrug. "Trust me. This will work for you but its time you learned the truth."

"Nobody touches her," Logan snarled taking a step only to freeze when the spears held by the guards started to embed them selves into his flesh.

"Don't worry so much," Nefartiria whispered softly. "Besides that you need to be aware of two things - you're now a slave, and your mutation isn't in existence. Here you get hurt, it takes a long time to heal so don't do something stupid."

With a dark look at the woman Logan met Rogue's eyes as she was hustled out of the room and out of his sight. Feeling out of place, and uneasy Logan glared at the guards who merely smirked at him but refrained from speaking. With a low sound of anger and fear, Logan looked around him and felt a sinking sensation hit him. Something told him that he would need every ounce of his skill to get out of this alive, that he would need more than just luck to save him and Rogue.

This time, he was the last line of defense for Marie and that meant he had to keep control of himself, and his situation. Staring at the guards he swallowed hard and wondered if Xavier's telepathy could track them through time - and even if it could how the hell was he gonna save `em both now?



Glaring at the dark haired girl that couldn't be any older than she was Rogue had to clench her hands into fists to stop herself from slapping the girl as she pulled the tunic away from Rogue's skin. Standing naked in the sun warmed room Rogue growled under her breath, her gaze searching out each corner, each nook hoping to spot Logan somewhere.

Jerking when a pair of young men carried a large ceramic pot into the room, Rogue made to cover herself only to freeze when they departed without so much as looking at her. Standing there as the pot was uncovered and the slave girl began to rub the scented oils into Rogue's skin, Rogue had to admit that she could get used to being waited on.

"How are you doing Daughter?" the soft, silky tone had Rogue glancing sharply at an older, dark haired woman dressed in the finest of silks stalking into the room followed by several more women.

"Fine," Rogue replied softly, knowing that she'd never met the woman before in her life, yet her voice was familiar, her tone congenial and there was a warmth in her smile Rogue responded to.

"Excellent. I do hope that you will be ready in plenty of time for the auction. I've been told that there are several fine specimens that have been imported from Rome!" the woman laughed and the slaves in the room glanced at each other before returning to their duties.

Eying the pale silk and gold dresses that were being laid out Rogue sighed, she wasn't particularly fond of them they did nothing to highlight her body. Shaking her head at the thought she reached for one only to have the slave who'd been rubbing oil into her skin wipe her hands off and pick it up. A moment later the soft silk tunic was being slid over her naked body to fall to the floor with elegance. A moment later, the heavier, pounded gold and silver threaded cover was slid into place, hugging her breasts and curling around her upper thighs.

"Just like Nefartiria," Rogue muttered under her breath.

"Nar-casa Amun I'm so pleased that you've arrived," the drawl was filled with pleasure and everyone in the room turned and bowed to the short, pudgy looking man with painted eyes standing in the door. "My sister tells me that your trip was pleasant and I am so pleased."


"Sister?" Rogue felt something shift within her, some little bit of horror begin to grow and swallowed harshly against the desire to throw up. This couldn't be the man she'd been promised to, this repulsive little toad was worse than anyone she'd ever met - up to and including Sabertooth! Dressed in the familiar robes of a man of wealth and power, he waddled more than he walked and he gave off an offensive odor that turned her stomach. Trying not to wince at the stench, and at the expression on his face Rogue barely repressed the shudder as he paused beside her and trailed a hand down her arm.

"Nefartiria is so foolish at times. Prone to the traits of a fool but that's okay, she's a good woman. I look forward to joining with both of you."

"Both of us?" Rogue croaked, trying not to let the horrified expression on her face appear more clearly than it already was.

"Of course. I swear she is so addle minded," he drawled stepping back and eying the lush curves of the woman before him. "So very absent minded. Hardly fitting of the daughter of Aten."

"Lord perhaps it would be best to allow us to finalize ourselves. It is nearly time for prayers," Rogue shivered at the way the man grabbed her ass before following her `mother' from the room.

"Of course Athenisis, allow me to escort you to the temple."

"Oh God, please tell me I'm not suppose to marry that," she muttered angrily.

"Tomorrow at sunrise," the young slave girl whispered and glanced around uneasily. "If I were you, I'd ask Osiris for mercy. Perhaps he will take you to the underworld and save you from having that on you."

"Thanks," Rogue shook her head and glanced out the sheer curtains to stare at the blue sky. Why the hell was she here?

"I see you met my brother Immalseth," Nefartiria smiled at her as she walked into the room. "Leave us."


"Where is he?" Rogue snarled angrily. "Where is Logan? He better not have been hurt.."

"You'll get your chance. I believe you bought him for five thousand Denars, but if I were you I'd offer seven. I overheard one of the other women saying they were going to bid six."

"Logan is not for sale. And I am tired of being painted and oiled like some piece of property. You put us back where we belong."

"I did. You are home now, this is where you started Nar-casa Amun . I can't change what happens in the other lives but I can prevent you from making a mistake. You think nobody realizes what you were going to do? Do you think I didn't see that they were going to force you to walk away from him there? You were this close," Nefartiria growled holding up her fingers pinched nearly together, "from turning away from everything that you are because everyone wanted you to. They would have kept the two of you apart. At least here you stand a chance of being together."

"You tell me how to get out of marrying that toad.."

"Come on, the auction starts in a few minutes."

"I am so going to kill you," Rogue growled under her breath as she followed the other woman from the room. "Because I would never have left Logan, I love him."

"Perhaps but this time we both know you'll get what you want. Come on I'll show you where to sit."



Sinking onto the seat Rogue stared out over the open expanse of marble floor before them noting the group of men standing off to the side and feeling a wash of nausea as she recognized Logan. He stood bound at the wrists a dark look on his face as he waited his turn for being paraded in front of the women.

Seeing Nefartiria nod she tensed as a pair of guards approached a man who sat off to the side and saw him bow his head gracefully before they marched down the room to where the men stood.

Waiting impatiently Rogue twisted her hands together as man after man was led forward before it was finally Logan's turn. Hearing the admiring gasps and titters from the other women she felt almost sick as he was all but pulled forward and forced to his knees in front of the group.

"A fine specimen don't you agree," Nefartiria smiled. "Roman."

"Ooh, yes. Yes. I'll bid on him," a rather plump, painted woman sat on the other side of Nefartiria who merely smiled at Rogue and looked at Logan who was staring at her.

"Four thousand."

"Four and one half thousand, " came the rebuttal.

"Five," Rogue snapped waving her hand at the man recording offers.

"Six."

"Seven," Rogue shot back glaring at the fat painted clown competing with her.

"Eight."

"Twelve," Nefartiria said knowing that Dentaria would be unable to meet that bid much less surpass it. Catching Rogue's dark look she smiled. "Consider it a wedding present sister."

"I hate you," Rogue muttered under her breath.

"Good, you'll enjoy the evening then."

"Twelve? Is there anyone else?" the man asked without raising his head.

"No, he is to be a wedding present to my dear friend Nar-casa Amun. She is to be married tomorrow," Nefartiria laughed patting Rogue on the back.

Catching Logan's eye Rogue smiled softly, hoping he'd get the signal she was aiming at him. Somehow they had to escape; somehow they had to get back to where they belonged. Either that or get somewhere they could be alone together, just the two of them.

"Yes, yes. I had heard. Such a wonderful match. The sons will be so privileged."

Rising suddenly Rogue glared at the women, "Oh shut up! Get out of my way!" she snapped, slapping at the fat one who'd been bidding against her. Stalking past them she hurried down the steps toward one of the guards.

"Bring him to my chambers," she ground out. "And for gods sake untie the man. I would hate to have his wrists marked."

"Yes mistress!"


Stalking out of the room Rogue felt like a fool, not only did she not know where the hell she was going but she was getting to be very, very bossy and she didn't like it. Not knowing if it was her room or not, Rogue headed for the room she'd been dressed in with a dark look on her face that had men and women scurrying from sight.

Stepping into her `room' she waited for them to deposit Logan inside before she slammed the door and locked it for good measure. "How the hell do we get outta here?" she asked knowing Logan didn't have any more idea than she did but needing something to think about other than her predicament.

"Easy, die." Logan growled. "We need the cavalry, hell right about now I'd even be glad to see Cyke."

"I'd be glad to see Jean if it meant we could get home," Rogue sighed and looked at Logan. "So what do we do now Logan? How do we get out of this? I'm supposed to be married in the morning! And the guy is a complete toad. I mean not that I'm interested in marrying anyone but you but.."

"What?" Logan said. "Anyone but me? Darlin'.."

"Oops," Rogue shrugged. "Look we need to figure out a way of getting
me out of marrying that fat, smell, little rat."

"Thought he was a toad," Logan grinned at her and whistled under his breath at the black look she threw at him.

"That is not funny! Toad wasn't as bad as this guy. And I'm marrying him and that freak that brought us here!"

"Ooh can I watch?" Logan asked trying to get her to focus on him rather than the morning's planned events.

"Logan!"

"I know, I know. We'll think of something," he said only to freeze at a pounding at the door. "Who the fuck is that?"

"Nar-casa Amun are you in there?" the silky tone belonged to a man and Rogue flinched visibly.

"My future husband," Rogue ground out and stepped over to open the door. Opening she stepped back allowing him into the room.

Catching the lust in the other man's eyes as they skimmed over Marie, Logan barely controlled the urge to smash his face in as he walked into the room. Seeing the greedy look in his eyes, Logan stood silently as Rogue approached him and stood close while the man eyed them.

"I am so impressed. Nefartiria told me she'd bought you a slave and I am so glad. However I should be clear on this," the man said eying Logan's physique. "You may use him as much as you like but you are mine and I will be first.."

"Perhaps you are unaware of this but.." Rogue paused and smiled charmingly. "I thought you knew."

"Knew?"

"Of course, I was promised once before. Well respected officer in the army. Handsome, wealthy.."

"You're making me sick," Logan growled under his breath and caught the look in her eyes.

"Such a man. Too bad he died so young."

"Young?" her fiancé asked softly.


"Oh yes, he was barely my age when we met. One little kiss and oh it was horrid.. I've been cursed by Osiris I believe. I mean what else could it mean to be kissed and then die a day later?"

"Perhaps you are blaming yourself for something that you didn't do?"

"Oh no, I was there when he died. He went all blue in the face, grasped his throat, and was touched by the sun. Why my Mother won't even speak of it to this day!"

"I'm sure there are many ways around it. Besides, we won't have to do much kissing," the man said and hurried from the room with only a pained look at the slave standing watching them.

Laughing under his breath, Logan waited for the man to depart before moving over to close the door and turn to watch Rogue, "So Nar-casa Amun just what do you suggest we do? We have no idea of the layout of this place, no idea of what's out there other than what we can see. In other words we're more like fish outta water than heroes- right now!"

"Nefartiria said we became lovers quickly after I bought you er she bought you whatever! Said that we were to be together so maybe what we need to do is make everyone think that we're um..."

"Uh huh," Logan shook his head. "Don't even think it darlin', I ain't gonna watch you fake an orgasm just to get some distance between us and the guards in the hall."

"Who said anything about faking?" Rogue smiled softly at Logan. "I do own you now, I can do whatever I want to you," she whispered trailing one hand across his naked chest, "And I can do it without gloves or fear of putting you into a permanent coma."

"Darlin' lets save the lovemaking for another day," Logan said softly catching her wrist and pulling her against his body. "We have to figure out a way of getting out of here."

"There is no way for you to get out," the soft, lilting voice had both of them whirling to stare at the woman standing in the doorway. "I wouldn't worry too much about marrying in the morning, Immalseth won't marry a woman - he prefers a girl."

"What are you babbling about?" Rogue hissed standing against Logan and glaring at the woman.

"I mean that you may not have realized it just yet but you're beginning to act like the people you are now. You're bossy, opinionated, and more than a little attracted to your new toy," she smiled at Logan. "Take some advice Logan, if you want to help her avoid her marriage. Take her, but do it on the bed. White sheets - blood'll be noticed."

"Oooh," Rogue growled and stepped toward her sister only to be stopped by a hard arm around her waist.

"Easy," Logan whispered softly. "We're safe for now. Let's just see how it plays out in the next few hours."

"You're gonna take her tonight, I know it, she knows it, you know it..the guards know it. Just do it and get it over with. You'll find it makes things easier and harder. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go poison someone."

"We'll wait until dark then sneak out," Logan whispered softly as he held Rogue in place. "We'll head west. Sooner or later we've got to come to another town or city. Once we're outta this palace we can try to find a way of telling the team where we are and when."

"Jubilee!" Rogue whirled to face Logan, "She's got a bunch of artifacts from ancient times. If we can find a way of marking them, of putting something that she'd recognize on them maybe.."


"Good cause I thought you were going to say you wanted her. Which wouldn't be a bad thing as long as I got to watch.."

"Marcus stop fooling around!" Nar-casa Amun smacked his arm and began to pace. "Unless I miss my guess we're in Alexandria, Jubilee said she got a sacred jar from the Valley of Kings. Which tomb did she say it was outta? If we can find that tomb, if we can find that jar we can carve some message into it and she'll alert the cavalry."

"Perfect. Now how are they going to get here?"

"Ooh I don't know. It's not like we're in modern day Egypt..." Nar- casa Amun whirled to face him with a smile, "Hey I could get used to this. Do you realize that nobody knows what we were? Nobody even thinks of the untouchable girl or the cage-brawler. We can do whatever we want, whenever we want."

"Darlin', that may be great for a while but.."

"No, no just listen," stepping up to him, she faced him evenly. "If we go back they won't let us be together. If we go back they'll just tighten their hold on my life and smother me. Between Jean and Scott they'll force you out of the mansion within a year and I can't stand to lose you again. Granted things here are not perfect, but I would gladly give up whatever I have to be with you. I don't care about money, or possessions. It's always been us against them - this way we win!"

Staring at her Marcus sighed, she had a point. He knew that the anger and hostility within the mansion would boil over sooner or later and someone would get hurt. While he didn't have his mutation here he could give her everything, make her feel cherished, loved. As long as they were here, as long as they were slave and mistress they could be together, have whatever they wanted.

"I see your point. If we don't leave the palace tonight, if we stay until we can find out as much as possible what would it hurt? It would give us a little more time to figure a way of getting home. A way of getting the Geeks off our backs."

Smiling Nar-casa Amun nodded her long hair brushing the air gently, "Exactly Marcus. We can do this. We'll just take it each day and keep up appearances for a while. I see no reason why anyone should know that we're friends."

"No, no reason," Marcus smiled at her easily, in time memories from their life before would fade and they would find the peace that they were entitled.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The oppressive heat from the day had settled on the city as darkness wrapped its arms around the buildings and the sound of music began to throb through the sultry night air. The pounding of the drums, the sweet whistle of the flutes had Nar-casa Amun wishing that everyone would just shut up. It wasn't fair that she had to suffer through a marriage to that repulsive little man, or that she was stuck here waiting for him to come to her tonight. She'd heard from one of the slaves that he was planning on paying her a visit tonight and it had turned her stomach. The ceremony had been long, drawn out and boring and she'd spent most of it wishing it was Logan standing up next to her instead of the smelly toad.

Feeling depressed and out of control she'd sent Logan er Marcus out to get something to drink and now she waited impatiently for him to return. Without him here, she was defenseless and she didn't like it one little bit.

Glancing up as the doors opened she sighed as Marcus stepped respectfully into the room and moved toward her. She could read the sorrow in his gaze, read the pain, and knew that Immalseth was coming. "Please Marcus don't let him.." she whispered as he approached her. "I don't think I can let him touch me."


"Shh, its going to be okay," holding out the cup of wine he watched her drinking it and found himself wishing he had his claws. Her new husband to be would be arriving at the chambers within the hour and he moved to lock the door. He'd sworn to protect her and he would do it even if it meant death to him. "Come here darlin'," he whispered pulling her flush against his body. "No matter what you've always been mine."

Smiling she nodded, Nar-casa Amun had to agree in every life they would be together, even if this one would end before the sun rose again. Rising up on tip toe she pressed her lush curves flat against his warm chest, wrapping her arms around his neck, and kissed him. Gently, hesitantly, lovingly, even as he pulled her closer to him and his hands raced over her body.

Moaning softly as his thumbs traced the underside of her breasts she leaned her head back, thrusting her chest out to meet him and offered him her bounty, "Please, please let me have this."

"You're the boss," Marcus whispered and swept her up into his arms before heading for the large, encased bed that awaited her wedding night. Neither of them was ready to give up on what they knew they could have, and it would be their night.



Lying wrapped in each others arms they watched the flickering of the flames on the walls and waited, and waited for Immalseth to make an appearance. Both knew that things would not be easy; you couldn't have wealth accepting a slave so completely.

"I guess it's really no different huh?" the soft whisper stirred Marcus who glanced down at the woman in his arms.

"No, not really," he replied softly. There really was no difference. They were forbidden to be together here just as they were there and it hurt even more than before because here, here they were so much more than just friends.

"Why is it so hard for everyone to understand that we love each other?" rising from the bed Nar-casa Amun wrapped a sheer wrap around her body and walked to the doorway to stare out at the night stars. "Why is it so bad for us to be together, to have love? Have a life?"

"We're from two different worlds Rogue," Marcus whispered joining her swiftly. "No matter where we're from. The Princess and the pauper."

"But I love you, the man, not your bank book or your past, or anything else. I love you Logan!"

"I know," he pulled her against him in a bone crushing hug. "I know you do, and I love you. I wish that I could make everyone understand that we're meant for each other but we can't. We can only live our lives one day at a time, one moment. No matter what happens we'll be together.."

"Then let's leave the palace, I mean I know we agreed staying here would be more beneficial but really we could sneak out, get away from it all. Let's get away from everything. I'd rather die out there with you than live a thousand days in here alone. I don't know Logan, I don't know any other way."

Nodding softly he dropped a kiss on her shoulder, "I know. We'll figure it out!"


Smiling softly Nefartiria shook her head and padded silently down the hallway, they had nothing to fear from Immalseth, the slimy little man was lying in his bed deader than Anubis, no Marcus and Nar-casa Amun would have some time of peace.


Satisfied that things were working she headed back to her bedchamber tomorrow would be a long day because tomorrow she'd have to start familiarizing the couple with their surroundings and a trip to the market would be most appropriate!




Sitting behind the polished oak of his desk, Charles eyed Jean and Scott, "I have been unable to find either of them."

Hearing the sadness in their mentor's voice they glanced at each other before facing him, "We'll have to keep trying because I'm not giving up on them," Jean replied firmly. "Rogue is very delicate she needs the stability that being around friends, family can provide."

Charles nodded slightly, he wasn't that confident that either of them knew the truth. Briefly he wondered about enlightening them before shaking off that thought. Give them a few days and perhaps they would realize that there was no way to retrieve Logan and Rogue from wherever they were - they had to come back on their own.

"I agree with Jean Professor. Logan's just going to undo all the hard work that we've done. Rogue is just now getting back on her feet emotionally as well as physically. With him around, his personality will dominate her mind."

"I will keep trying to locate them Scott. I do not believe though for one moment that finding them is going to be the hard part. I think it's going to be getting them back here. We have no idea what that woman's mutation is and if she has the ability to shift dimensions finding them will be easier then retrieving them."

"Just do whatever you can Professor. Please."

With a slight smile Charles nodded and dismissed them with a slight wave of his hand. It would appear that there was still some resentment, some anger toward Logan on their part and he wondered about how they would react when they discovered the truth. Logan and Rogue belonged together, they knew it, he knew it, it was past time the rest of the residents learned that lesson.

"Where are you two?" Charles whispered softly as he turned to stare out the window.



"This is the market?" Marcus looked skeptical but refrained from being too outspoken. He'd seen what could happen when his tongue got the better of him, one shop keeper had threatened Nar-casa Amun when he'd argued with him and he didn't want a repeat of that.

"Yes, it's perfect. You'll become more familiar with yourselves as the day progresses and who knows you might even find something that you want," Nefartiria smiled at her sister and the young man who trailed along after them. "I mean you are your mistress's servant."

"Serving her isn't the problem," Marcus ground out as he stepped closer to her when a man bumped into her.

With an understanding smile, Nefartiria headed for the next aisle of the market along another street. She wanted some fine cloth and this section of the market had some of the greatest silks in the world.

The sweltering heat had Nar-casa Amun wishing for something cool to drink but she held her tongue, instead she leaned on Marcus as much as possible. Smiling gratefully when he pushed a cup into her hands she drank thirstily, gulping down the fresh, cool water.


"Thank you," she whispered softly and returned the cup to him. Following her half sister amongst the tables filled with brightly colored silks Nar-casa Amun paused before one and eyed the black silk, "How much?" she asked quickly feeling it carefully. It would make a perfect robe.

"For you eight denars."

"Six," Nefartiria snapped and glanced at her sister. "And that is it."

"Six," the merchant replied looking at the other girl easily. "How much do you want?"

"All of it," Nar-casa Amun replied. "And the gold, as well as the deep green."

"Yes mistress," with a stately bow the man scurried about collecting the silk and wrapping it for the group. Handing it to the slave that followed Nar-casa Amun, the merchant took the money gratefully before stepping back and allowing them to pass.

"I can see your servants will be busy tonight," Nefartiria laughed as they started back to the palace. "How are you doing?"

"This heat is killing me," Nar-casa Amun drawled waving a hand in her face even as she felt Marcus move a little closer, his hand resting on her hip. "How long are you going to leave us in this life?"

"Considering your stay in Alexandria is only a few more weeks, I'd say another few years."

"YEARS!" Marcus snarled stopping only when a hand on his stomach prevented him from moving.

"Relax; you think I'm going to send you back without experiencing the birth of at least one or two of your children?"

"If we had kids we wouldn't want to go back without them.." Nar-casa Amun snapped angrily as they entered the cool foyer of the palace.

"I know, this way you'll have a chance to live a little. To have your own lives without worrying about the prejudices that affected you in New York."

"Our friends, family must be insane with worry.." Nar-casa Amun said slowly and stared at Nefartiria. "Is there some way we can get them a message and tell them that we're alive and well, and together?"

"I can arrange it," she agreed easily. "Of course I do have to tell you they are searching for you even now. They want your return; want to separate the two of you."

"No," Marcus snarled angrily, bunching his fists in frustration. "We're together and we're staying that way."

"You think of some message and I will make sure it's delivered," Nefartiria promised and headed for the coolness of her bath. A glance over her shoulder revealed more than just the location of her new `friends', it revealed the honest emotions they had.

"They love each other," the soft sound had her pausing to turn to the woman who stood there studying them.

"Yes, for an eternity Athenisis, but then you know this just as well as I do," Nefartiria smiled at the older woman. "Even a blind man could see what's before them."

"Slave and mistress my ass. Keep them safe Nefartiria, let them choose when they go back to that world."


With an understanding nod, Nefartiria walked off leaving Nar-casa Amun's mother watching her daughter falling even more in love with the man who loved her back. She would let them choose when to return, let them find their own way without any interference.


Finding Nefartiria was ridiculously easy as far as Nar-casa Amun was concerned as she entered the great hall and walked across the decorative marble floor. "I have come up with the message. How you deliver it is up to you."

"Email work for you?"

"Sure," with a shrug Nar-casa Amun handed her a slip of reed- paper. "I just want them to know that we are safe, that we're happy."

"Are you really?"

"I have him, what more could I want?" Nar-casa Amun asked softly. "What more could any woman want then to have the man they've loved from the moment they met with them. I love him, that's enough."

With a smile Nefartiria nodded, "I'll let you know what the response is as well. And with that said I shall depart and allow you to go back and drive him insane."

Laughing softly Nar-casa Amun watched her sister walk away, noting the shimmering effect that her outfit had on her, noting the admiring glances from several of the men, including one that looked vaguely familiar. Squinting slightly she froze, it looked just like.. Whirling she headed for the chambers she'd claimed.

"Well that was fast," Marcus said as he sipped at the wine that had been placed on the tabletop.

"I'm seeing things," Nar-casa Amun gasped. "Do you realize that I just saw Piotr?" At Marcus's stunned look she shrugged and waved a hand before elaborating. "Piotr, you know the Russian kid that can encase himself in steel.."

"Oh Peter, yeah so? Probably just someone who looks like him. We all came from one source darlin'."

"I need a holiday," rubbing her forehead she flopped down on their bed and watched with a smile as he stalked toward her.

"How `bout a body rub? Would that help?"

"Ooh yeah," purring at the very idea of his hands on her naked flesh, Nar-casa Amun quickly stripped of her robes before lying down on the bed for him to work his magic. With a brief thought to how her message would be received, Nar-casa Amun settled in to enjoy the pampering her lover gave her.

Whistling softly under her breath, Jubilee set down at her computer and clicked on the appropriate icon. When the little beep came that signaled she had mail she grinned and opened her mail box. Recognizing several addresses she opened them quickly, scanning the contents before closing them. Finally coming to one that she didn't recognized she highlighted it planning on deleting it when she paused to read the subject line.

"Hey Jubes, just a line to let you know..," Jubilee shook her head and opened it. Sitting frozen in front of her computer she stared at the simple lines written across the screen. "Omigod!" Hitting the print button with a hand that shook she rose and hurried to the printer, grabbing the page before heading for the door at full speed.

"PROFESSOR!" Gasping she all but ran Scott over as she hurried uninvited into Charles's office. "Look!"

"What is it?" Charles demanded taking the paper and looking at the pale figure before him. "Hey Jubes, just a line to let you know that we're together. We're safe, or as safe as one can be with Logan around and you shouldn't worry. Kinda like where we are - nobody around to say we can't be together especially since I own his amazing ass. Logan said not to freak out too much; he'll protect me just fine. Rogue."

"What the hell does that mean?" Scott snapped angrily, snatching the page from the Professor.

"I'd say its pretty self explanatory," Nefartiria drawled as she hovered by the doorway. "They do not want to come back."

"You, you took them.."

"I didn't take either of them. I'd say they took each other," she winked at Jubilee before turning to go. "With your little room it should take you a while before you find them. In the mean time they will live their lives in the manner they want to, I can't stop that. I can however prevent you from finding them at all."

"We need to bring them home.."

"Why?" Nefartiria snapped whirling to confront them. "What good is it going to do to have them here?"

"Rogue is.."

"A normal, healthy young woman with, a normal, healthy sex drive. She'd have to be the way those two go at it. She has a mind.."

"One that was taken over by another's thoughts."

"You mean Logan don't you?" Nefartiria said. "I don't think so. Logan worships the ground that she walks on, you'd have to have been blind not to notice that. You think Rogue's hostility is because of Logan, it isn't. Rogue is hostile because that is what you made her into. Had you let her have some space you'd have been aware that she's a bright young woman with more going for her than just a power you can't control! When they are ready, and only then will they choose to come back. I wouldn't hold my breath on it if I were."

"Where are they?" Charles asked softly noting the long, black silk
robe the woman wore. Frowning when she pulled something out of her pocket and tossed it onto the desk, Charles reached for it a split second before the woman turned and walked out the door.

With a glance at the scroll, Jubilee rushed after the woman. "Please, she's okay right? I mean she's not gonna be hurt or anything?"

"Rogue's okay. She's doing better every day because there she can be who she was born to be. Someday you'll understand, but this is their choice. They are where they want to be, not where they should be."

"For how long?"

"I don't know," Nefartiria shrugged. "Till they decide that their old lives are just as important as their new ones. Till they figure that they're strong enough that nothing that anyone within these walls does or says can hurt them!"

"That might be forever."


"Not nearly that long," Nefartiria said softly and with a slight shift of time disappeared leaving Jubilee standing alone in the foyer. "Not nearly that long."

Staring after the woman's disappearance Jubilee glanced down at the floor and frowned as she picked up a shimmery object. Hiding her grin she realized what it was, it was the only link Rogue had ever kept to the mansion, a small broach that was more of a tracking device and monitor than anything.

~Give it some time, they'll be back. After all this isn't their first time in love.~ the thought popped into Jubilee's mind and she glanced over her shoulder at Charles who sat watching her.

~What's that supposed to mean?~

"She's her half-sister," Charles replied softly, soothingly. "This is their choice."

"So you're going to accept this?" Scott demanded.

"Unless you can think of some very good reason to doubt them yes. Their lives are their own.."

"He's gonna hurt her and we're gonna…"

"They were meant for each other," Jubilee declared with a grin. "Both sides of Death's currency."

"Indeed," Charles replied before pinning them in place, "As of right now we're not going to be prying into their lives any further. It's up to them to come back and the faster you realize that they are together and will be together the faster they'll come back."

"Cool," Jubilee declared. "I'm off to check out the museum – be interesting to see if there's something there from their lives. Chill out fearless Leader – Logan'll keep her safe."

Rolling his eyes behind his visor Scott watched the girl walk away and sighed, it wasn't Logan keeping Rogue safe that bothered him – it was the fact that he couldn't control the situation and it was driving him nuts. With a soft sigh of frustration he shrugged, Charles was right. It was up to Rogue and Logan and not the rest of them; he'd leave things as they were and hope for the best.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=583