Keep Holding On by erro
Summary: Logan gets rescued after a mission gone bad.
Short, cheesy, lacking in real plot or substance. Short liter one-off.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Songfic
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 669 Read: 678 Published: 12/25/2020 Updated: 12/25/2020
Story Notes:
I found several stories when I was cleaning up my external HD. They were written at least a decade ago, and are not good, lol, but I figured I'd post them up for anyone who was bored to peruse and critique.
Merry Christmas I guess!

1. Chapter 1 by erro

Chapter 1 by erro
Author's Notes:
Song: Keep Holding On
Artist: Avril Lavigne
:You're not alone
:Together we stand
:I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand
:When it gets cold
:And it feels like the end
:There's no place to go
:You know I won't give in
:No I won't give in

Logan recalled the words of the song Marie had been listening to the week before when they had gone on a mission together.

**One week earlier**

The mission was supposed to be easy, just scouting the perimeter of a lab, monitoring shift changes, and the rest. But things never seemed to go right when he was involved.

When they returned, he had to carry Marie to the med lab, where thanks to their new doctor’s expertise, a little persuasion, and ‘mutation swapping’, Marie had been back on her feet in twenty minutes. They had raided the kitchen for half an hour, before heading upstairs to sleep off the rest of the night.

She had a nightmare that night. He could smell her from down the hall, the scent of absolute terror emanating from every pore in her body. He had knocked just for the hell of it while moving into her room, shutting the door behind him.

Walking around and sitting on the side of the bed he shook her awake, calling out her name to calm her. He had helped her to the bathroom where she had stayed hunched over the toilet for a few minutes throwing up all the food she had eaten earlier.

“What a waste,” he had joked, trying to lighten the mood in the room around them.

She had laughed quietly before curling up in his lap and crying quietly as the last memories of the nightmare faded.

“I’m here for you Marie, you’ll make it through,” he had whispered quietly as she fell asleep, her head with it’s beautiful two-toned hair resting on his shoulder.

** **

He could hear footsteps approaching, hoping against hope that it was those damn stupid guards. He felt like impaling a few of them again. Maybe he’d be able to get out of the compound this time instead of just the end of the hall.

Not for the first time in the last three days he was grateful that Marie hadn’t been sent on the raid mission two days after theirs. Unlike Cyke, she wouldn’t have left when he had ordered the rest of the team to.

But man did he miss her right now.

--

The guard had come, unfortunately he was smarter than the last and didn’t get close enough for him to reach, just kicking a tray under the bars and leaving. The tray contained something that might have resembled food, about two weeks ago, even he wasn’t willing to risk touching it, let alone eating it.

He dosed a little on and off, not realising he was asleep until the fell into a beautiful dream.

Marie was there, and she crawled into his lap just like she did when she was upset and told him that everything was alright, that she was coming and she would find him. “I’m here for you Logan, you’ll make it through.”

He believed her, when she got an idea into that pretty head of hers nothing would stop her from getting what she wanted.

Three days later the alarms started going off, the base had been infiltrated again.

He could hear the battle raging but couldn’t get out to help, he hoped like hell that Marie wasn’t out there, though he knew she was. He listened worriedly, the fighting got closer, the gun shots fewer and farther between. Then he saw her, Rogue was running down the hall towards his ‘cage’. She had a set of keys which she used to open the door.

Heading back towards the fighting he paused, “Marie, promise me whatever happens YOU will make through.”

“No,” she replied, stubborn as ever, “WE will make it through.”
End Notes:
I know, it sucks, but I wrote it when I was around 17-ish (I think) so... it could have been worse!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=4241