After Highschool, Before College by erro
Summary: A post highschool tradition for the girls of Mutant High gets Rogue more comfortable in her skin.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 6537 Read: 8791 Published: 08/29/2020 Updated: 09/04/2020
Story Notes:
I have no excuse other than this popped into my head so I wrote it...

1. Chapter 1 by erro

2. Chapter 2 by erro

3. Chapter 3 by erro

4. Chapter 4 by erro

Chapter 1 by erro
Rogue was excited, she'd been at mutant high for a year now, she had managed to catch up academically to her peers after spending almost a year on the road, and she was set to graduate along with her classmates at the end of the month.

The only downer on the situation was her parent’s response when she had written to them to invite them to the graduation ceremony. She had written to her parents periodically since she'd arrived at the school, never receiving a response of any kind, until the graduation invite, which had been returned with a brief note declining the invitation and asking her not to contact them again.

She had spent the whole next day crying before kicking her own butt and getting back to studying. If they were going to cut her out of their life, they were the ones who were going to miss out, not her.

Over the next two weeks, she had thrown herself so thoroughly into her studying that she had barely even eaten. She hadn't even complained when Mr Summers had given them an extra essay in English class, Ms Munro had assigned her least favourite classmate as her final history project partner, Dr Grey last minute changed the final Bio exam after someone stole the answers for the original test, and the grumpy PE teacher, Logan, had made them run an extra mile in warm up, just for the hell of it, before picking her as his sparring partner-slash-example for teaching the class a new martial arts technique – her bruises still had bruises from that exercise but when she had been able to perfectly execute the move against her history project partner later, she decided it was worth it.

The look on Logan's face when she was supposed to be being reprimanded for fighting in school added to the value of the lesson. He'd congratulated her on her 'flawless execution' after her meeting with the Professor, and she had a feeling he was directly responsible for the lax punishment she'd gotten.

As it got closer to graduation though her nerves began to fray, probably due to lack of sleep, and too much time staring at words on paper. It finally came to a head when Rogue overslept when her alarm clock malfunctioned one morning and she broke down in tears... until Jubilee reminded her, it was a Saturday and they had no school that day.

--

"Alright Roguey, that's it, I call an intervention!" Jubilee announced dramatically. "The bald one has granted us a final hurrah in the form of an unsupervised slumber party in the boathouse, you, oh fun deprived Rogue, will be the guest of honour at this party, no objection will be accepted, grab a change of clothes and your pj's so we can scram. Chop, chop!"

When Rogue didn't move fast enough for her, and attempted to object, Jubilee and Kitty packed her a bag instead. When Rogue refused to leave her room an army of teenage girls appeared a few minutes later, armed with a blanket, and jumped her. Wrapping her in the sheet tightly, they then physically picked her up, and carried her out of the mansion.

"What the hell are you doing?" Logan interrupted them, sounding confused and amused, as they were leaving via the kitchen.

"Help!" Rogue's muffled yelp came from inside the blanket, "They're kidnapping me! I don't want to go to a stupid party!"

"She needs to lighten up Wolvie, this is our last chance to snap her out of the old lady funk she's in, I mean, she had a panic attack, over sleeping in, on the weekend!" Jubilee informed him, much louder than was necessary.

He tugged back a corner of the blanket that was over Rogue's head so she could breathe easier. "She has a point Rogue, go, have fun," he added, as he walked out of the room, leaving her to her fate.

"But I was having fun!" Rogue shouted after him. She shouted for help again when she heard Dr Grey in the hall asking Logan what was going on but didn't hold out much hope for rescue when she heard the good doctor laugh in response to whatever Logan told her.

No one came to save her...

She decided to take Logan's advice to heart and try to enjoy herself. After the third time the girls carrying her stumbled on the path to the boathouse, she couldn't help herself and laughingly asked to be put down, so she could walk the rest of the way. That turned out not to be the best idea, she quickly realised – she wasn't wearing shoes.

They finally made it to the boathouse where the whole crowd of teenage girls made a full brunch that they spent the rest of the morning snacking on. At about midday they cracked out nail polish and other accessories to start each other’s make overs. Rogue was ready to take herself away to a quiet corner so she didn't risk touching anyone else when Jubilee and Kitty plunked her back down on her butt before pulling on latex gloves and set to work on her nails and hair.

By ten o'clock that night they had done everything they could think of to entertain themselves before, from nowhere, several bottles of alcohol appeared and someone suggested drinking games. Rogue tried to sit out, claiming she didn't think her mutation and alcohol were a good mix. The other girls insisted she had to have one drink, which she accepted but sneakily didn't drink. Before long everyone else was well on the way to tipsy.

"So, what is everyone doing once they graduate?" Jubilee asked, enthusiastically.

Various answers were given about grand plans of trips and adventures, visiting family, and just lazing by the pool, before college started in the fall, until Betsy blurted, "Well the first thing I'm doing is the Wolverine!"

The room exploded into a confusing jumble of shouts before Rogue shouted, "Stop!" The room fell silent and everyone turned to look at her. "I think I've missed something," she said, "What do you mean 'doing' the Wolverine? Do you mean, Logan?"

"Ooh, she doesn't know," Kitty shriek-whispered, clearly drunk.

Jubilee giggled before informing Rogue, "There is a transition... tradition, not any official transcript but just an understanding..."

"A long time ago," began Lorna, on a sing-songy fairy tale telling voice.

"In a room not very far away," Kitty added with a giggle.

"A student proposition-ded the Wolverine to a night of steamy, feral, fucking," Jubilee continued dramatically, despite her slurring. "He turned her down, but only until she graduated, told her once she'd graduated to come find him, come graduation night he had most of the female graduates lined up at his door."

"Rumour has it, the Professor was so mad he almost fired Logan on the spot but Logan managed to argue that he hadn't slept with any of them, yet, and that they were all legal, and that because they were graduated he wasn't on a position of authority over them, so really what exactly was the objection," Lorna added.

"The only objection the Professor could come up with was to any hanky panky taking place on school grounds, so a week later a key to Logan's apartment circulated around the graduates in question, and they all paid a visit to the Wolverine," Betsy contributed.

"And the rest, as say they, is history," Jubilee announced, "It has been tradition ever since that any willing female graduate can get her hot little hands on the key to the Wolverine's lair for one night, and one night only!"

Rogue sat in open mouthed shock as the story was recounted and the idea sank into her sleep deprived brain. "So, who was the girl?" she asked after a while.

"Rumour says it was Dr Grey, back long ago before she was 'Dr' Grey, and that is why, rumour has it, Mr Summers hates Logan," Kitty revealed, taking another sip of her drink.

The conversation lulled for a moment before the other girls went back to chatting, arguing over who would get to visit Wolverine first; Betsy apparently had already asked him directly when the key would make an appearance and was expecting him to leave it for her at some point.

Rogue sat in increasingly glum silence on the couch. She'd had a crush on Logan since almost the day she'd arrived but no way in hell would she ever dream of trying to pay him a visit. She could picture the rejection in her head as if it had already happened, knowing Logan's attitude, he'd probably just take the key and slam the door in her face. What guy in his right mind would want the untouchable girl in their bed? Clearly no one, given she hadn't had a single boyfriend in the whole time she'd been here, and she knew she wasn't ugly.

Eventually she yawned loudly and announced she was going to bed, the girls had given her the only bed, in deference to her wish for space while they were all going to camp on the floor. She slid under the covers and pulled a pillow over her head to drown out their continuing chatter until she fell asleep.

--

She managed to successfully avoid thinking about the Wolverine tradition for another week, until the night the students had a co-ed pre-graduation party. Late in the night of said party, the Friday before the last week of exams, someone suggested playing a game of truth or dare. Foolishly, Rogue agreed to play. More foolishly still, after Jubilee complained about the fact she'd been calling truth all night and could she go for a dare already, she gave in when Kitty spun the bottle on her; really, what was the worst Kitty would come up with!

"I dare you... toooooo... ... take part in the Wolverine tradition!" she blurted, eventually.

Rogue paled, eyes widening comically, "No! No Kitty, take it back, please!" she begged.

"No take backs!" several students yelled at once.

"Are you in?" Jubilee demanded, "Please say in, please say in!" she begged.

"I don't even know what the dare is but it must be good if this is the reaction," one of the boys said, probably louder than he intended. Their chaperones had retired an hour ago and a large quantity of beer had done the rounds not long after.

"Kitty just dared her to sleep with the Wolverine," Bobby informed his clearly uninformed classmate.

Several fellow students around the room laughed, before John added, sounding amused, "Gee Kitty, that was harsh."

At his comment Rogue jumped to her feet and fled the room, she didn't stop until she was in her own room, slamming the door behind her and throwing herself onto the bed in a sobbing heap. She wasn't sure if she was more upset about the fact that she really did deep down want to, at the very least, take part in the tradition, or because everyone else had laughed at the very idea of it.
Chapter 2 by erro
Logan had been minding his own business, intent on grabbing a beer and retiring for the night when he'd discovered his beer stash pilfered. The entire stash. He immediately, and correctly, figured the kids had taken it, and made his way down to the rec room they had commandeered for their party, hopefully to get a few bottles back at least. He was almost at the door when he heard Kitty give her dare. He stopped, and waited, curious to see what the reaction would be from the dare’s recipient.

As soon as he had heard Rogue's voice, he knew this wasn't going to end well, hell, he'd be the last one to complain if she took up the dare but the girl sounded positively terrified. He hadn't thought he'd been particularly hard on the kid, and he could have sworn a time or two previously to having picked up definite interest from her, so he was a little confused as to her severe reaction. It wasn't until the dare was explained and the other kids laughed, followed by the flame kids comment that he realised what her resistance was rooted in.

When she ran past him in tears moments later, he couldn't help the anger that bubbled up inside him at the cruelty of the group.

He stormed into the room intent on busting a few balls as Kitty jumped to her feet and yelled angrily, "I didn't mean it to upset her, you guys shouldn't have laughed, I know her skin scares the shit out of her but if anyone can find a way around it for her it's got to be Logan, he'd be up for the challenge at the very least unlike like you bunch of wimpy, unimaginative, limp dicks."

Kitty whirled around to storm out of the room after Rogue, only to come face to face with a seriously pissed off Wolverine.

"Party's over," he growled. "And that is not something that makes the list of acceptable dares in future," he stated a mite gentler to Kitty.

"I'm sorry," Kitty whispered, dropping her head, "I was just trying to..."

"I want to see you in my office first thing Monday morning," he cut her off. At her quick nod, he walked past her and fished out the last of his beer from where someone had hurriedly shoved it under the coffee table, before stalking out of the room with the final command to 'clean up and get'.

--

He spent the weekend mulling over the situation, or more specifically, Kitty's comments about Rogue's fear of her skin. He knew from Rogue's records that her and the Professor’s attempts thus far to control her mutation had failed, that didn't mean the girl needed to be so distant though. There was no reason she couldn't do all the normal things young women did, with the right precautions. Hell, once he actually started thinking about it, he had come up with at least half a dozen different ways in just the first hour.

By the time Monday had rolled around he had a plan beginning to form, he would need Kitty's help to pull it off though.

At the soft knock on his office door, at eight o'clock on Monday morning, he called out for the shy girl standing outside to come in. It was still a shock when she suddenly stepped through the door instead of it opening. He raised an eyebrow in questioning surprise.

"Sorry, I'm a little nervous... I couldn't turn the handle," she admitted.

"Nothing to be nervous about, you're not in trouble or anything, I wanted to talk to you about Rogue," he tried to reassure her.

"What about her?" Kitty asked, solidifying enough to sit on the chair in front of his desk.

"Why did you make that dare?"

Kitty sighed. "Rogue's had a crush on you like forever but you didn't hear that from me, I wasn't kidding when I said she's terrified of her skin, she's always worrying about it and letting it stop her from doing things, even normal things that I know she wants to do. I just... I'm sick of seeing her always sad, I figured if I dared her she'd feel like she had to at least try, and... well, you don't strike me as the kind of guy who wouldn't be able to come up with some way around her skin, and you kind of... made yourself available, so to speak. Seemed like a win-win for everyone."

Logan nodded thoughtfully. "I think you're right, hell I know you're right on some of those points, her skin isn’t a problem to get around, but to win her over to the idea is going to take a more, considerate approach. Are you hanging around after graduation?"

"For about two weeks," Kitty replied.

"I'm going to need your help then, after graduation I need you to get the key to her, I expect she'll try and return it or hand it off so I need you to make sure that every morning it's on her bedside table, got it?" Logan asked.

"I can do that," she replied with a grin, "Is that all?"

"That's all your part, leave the rest to me," Logan said, "Now, you go get your breakfast and get off to class."

"Thanks Logan," Kitty responded with a grin, "I know I should probably feel weird, conspiring to get my best friend laid and all, but I just hope this all works out for her."

"It'll work, I never have been able to resist a challenge, also feeling unusually self-conscious that a woman's able to resist my obvious charm and good looks," he commented jokingly. Kitty left the office giggling to herself as she ran off to re-join her friends.

--

Graduation day rolled around quickly, unsurprisingly Rogue graduated top of every class, and though her parents weren't there to congratulate her all her peers, teachers, and even some of the other parents who were in attendance made up for it.

True to tradition, a key turned up the next morning slid under Betsy's door, she snuck out that night and returned the next morning with a satisfied grin. The key was handed off to the next girl who wanted it, only Lorna, Kitty, and Rogue didn't put their hand up for it, the first two because they had boyfriends, the latter because she had decided to avoid anything to do with the topic in an attempt to save her sanity.

Four days later the key had done the rounds and was returned to Logan, so Rogue was surprised on waking the following day to find it on her bedside table. She was annoyed but promptly took it and left it on Logan's office desk. The next time she stepped foot in her room, the key was back.

On the third day she plopped down in her seat in the cafeteria angrily, she'd just returned the key to Logan's office for the seventh time. "Whichever one of you thinks it's funny to keep leaving Logan's key in my room can stop now," she snapped at the table.

The girls looked at each other oddly before all confirming they hadn't seen the key since they'd handed it on. "It's a sign Roguey," Jubilee insisted, "You know you want to go and you're subconsciously calling the key to you, maybe you have another power you don't know about!"

"Or maybe some jackass thinks it's funny to mess with the untouchable girl, because that would totally be a first," she replied angrily, grabbing her breakfast and leaving the table. It was summer, she was going to eat outside and enjoy the day before it got too hot for her.

She had abandoned her dishes on the patio table and wandered into the cool shade of the woods an hour later, enjoying the solitude until she found the felled tree she'd been looking for at the edge of the pond. She sat in silence for a while, revelling in the cool breeze and the sound of the trees swaying gently. A moment later she about jumped out of her skin when someone suddenly sat down heavily on the log next to her.

"Holy shit Logan, make some noise when you sneak up on people," she said, trying to slow down her racing heart.

"Well then I wouldn't be sneaking, would I," Logan replied with a grin.

"That was kind of my point," Rogue added, returning the smile.

"Why haven’t you paid me a visit yet?" he asked, straight to the point.

“I didn't realise it was mandatory," was all she replied.

"It's not," Logan shrugged, "But I happen to know you want to and I'm curious to know why you haven't, you've had the key for a while now, though it does keep appearing back on my desk from time to time."

"We all want things in life we can't have," Rogue muttered.

"So, what is it you want that you think you can't have?" he asked.

"Oh gee, I don't know, how about the ability to touch!" Rogue snapped, standing up to pace in front of the log, "I'm sick of people rubbing it in my face when I can't have it!"

"Rogue ... Rogue," Logan tried again, when she didn't respond the first time. When she finally turned to look at him, he held up his hand where his fingers were laced through hers. "Touch ... there's not just one set way to touch Rogue, just because you touch differently doesn't mean you can't do it. Your friends aren't trying to rub it in your face, they want you to be comfortable in your own skin, and to have the things you think you can't."

He could see the indecision still playing out across her face as he pulled the key out of his pocket, turning her hand over he placed it on her palm and closed her fingers over it. "I'm not going to make you do anything you don't want to, if your friends are wrong and this isn't what you want you send that key back but if it is what you want, you hold onto that key until you're ready." He placed a kiss on her closed hand before he stood and walked back into the woods the way he'd come, leaving Rogue alone again.
Chapter 3 by erro
Logan was surprisingly relieved when the key had still not been returned by the next morning. Rogue hadn't shown up but he wasn't too worried about that, he figured it would take her a while to adjust to the idea. Three days later, he was kicked back with a beer in front of the TV when he heard the front door click and squeak open.

"In here," he called out a moment later, when the door had closed again but he could hear that Rogue hadn't moved any further into the apartment. He listened as her tentative footsteps came down the short hall and into the lounge. He smiled at her reassuringly and patted the couch next to him as he continued to watch yet another Hockey re-run.

She sat down gingerly and stiffly, before Logan reached out and pulled her back and closer, so she was sitting right next to him, leaning into him, with his arm around her shoulders. They stayed like that for the rest of the game, as Rogue slowly relaxed into the contact.

When the game was finished, he switched off the TV before asking, "You had dinner yet?"

"Uh, no," Rogue replied.

"What do you want? We've got pizza, Thai, Chinese..." he rattled off a list of options as he leafed through a pile of takeout menus tucked away in the side table drawer.

"Don't care," Rogue shrugged.

"I'll warn you, I don't do the whole twenty questions thing most chicks expect when they can't decide what to eat, you say you don't care I'll buy you something and you'll eat it, no complaints," Logan warned.

Rogue laughed. "No problem, I really don't care, though I'm not really hungry... nerves," she admitted.

"You've got no reason to be nervous, nothing's going to happen that you're not ready for, and if all you're ready for is sitting on the couch like this then that's all that'll happen. I want you to feel normal, and that means being comfortable, this isn't about sex, not for you, that key is yours to keep, you come around whenever you feel like it, okay?" he said.

Rogue smiled again, tears in her eyes now, and a new relaxed relief in her stance, she nodded. "Thanks Logan."

"Now, unless you object and pick something else right now, we're having Chinese," he announced.

"Sounds good," she replied, "You order whatever, I'm feeling kind of adventurous tonight."

--

After dinner they watched a movie, that Logan picked, it was a mix of action and horror, and by about halfway through Rogue had the distinct impression he had picked it specifically so she would spend two hours practically in his lap due to the continual jump scares. The problem came once the movie was done and Rogue yawned widely.

"Time for bed," Logan said, helping her to her feet and leading her across the room to the only bedroom. She froze in the doorway looking conflicted.

"What?" Logan asked, watching her closely, "Don't worry, I can sleep on the couch if you'd prefer."

"Uh, well, this is going to make me sound like a wimp but... I don't want to sleep alone after that movie but... I don't want to hurt you either," she admitted.

"Not a problem," Logan replied, he walked over to the bedside table and pulled out a full-length cotton nightgown, with long sleeves and a hood, which he handed her. For a minute she thought he was giving her clothes from one of his previous 'visitors' until she saw the tags showing it was brand new.

"Did you... did you buy this for me?" she asked surprised.

"Yep, should be enough cover for you over night," he replied, before turning his back on her and pulling out sweat pants and socks for himself.

Rogue turned around quickly with a blush when he dropped his jeans but quickly caught herself. She had come here with the intention of having sex with the guy and here she was getting all flustered at him changing his pants. She shrugged it off and quickly changed herself, with her back still to Logan. When she turned back around, she found him sitting on the bed, leaning against the headboard, watching her. Neither of them said anything, though Rogue blushed at the extra attention, before she tentatively climbed into the bed. She'd left her gloves and her socks on but Logan insisted she take her socks off with the excuse he was wearing a pair so she didn't have to, he was also wearing gloves, along with his t-shirt and sweats.

Once Rogue was under the covers Logan slid under too and lay down next to her. "'Night," he said, before switching off the lights. Rogue lay still and tense as Logan shifted beside her, squeaking suddenly when he reached out and pulled her closer to him. He spooned against her before mumbling to her to relax and sleep, before going quiet.

Rogue lay still, trying not to be tense, for a good half an hour before her eyes closed from sheer exhaustion. Logan sighed in relief as he finally felt her relax into sleep, he wasn't expecting to sleep tonight, planning to keep aware to make sure nothing happened while she slept, but soon after found himself lulled to sleep listening to the gentle rhythm of her heartbeat.

--

He woke the next morning, surprisingly well rested, with an amazing smelling woman in his arms, pressed up against him in all the right places. Rogue stirred a moment later, breathing a contented sleepy sigh before she jumped in surprise at finding arms wrapped around her. It took her a minute to calm herself down, and Logan heard her whisper to herself, "It's okay, everything's fine."

"It sure is darlin'," Logan replied, grinding his groin against her butt.

Rogue gasped in surprise before giggling nervously, her cheeks flushed with colour. "Uh, good morning," she said hesitantly.

"Morning," he answered, "You sleep okay?"

"Well, I didn't kill anyone so I guess so," Rogue answered.

"That's good," Logan said, not making any move to release her from his arms.

For the next twenty minutes Rogue, tried to preserve the relaxed physical contact until Logan suddenly commented, "You okay darlin'?"

"Mmhmm," she replied.

"What's with the water works?" he asked, obviously having scented her tears.

"I need to pee but I don't want to stop … this," she admitted.

Logan chuckled. "So go, then come back, I'm not going anywhere."

"'Kay," she replied, but still made no effort to move until Logan pulled the covers back. She leaped out of bed and ran for the bathroom, returning a few minutes later and immediately diving back into his arms, this time facing him, her arms wrapped around him as she buried her face in his t-shirt clad chest. For an hour longer they lounged in bed, neither saying anything just holding each other, until Rogue's stomach growled loudly and forced them both out of bed, laughing as they went.

After breakfast they both headed back to the mansion, Logan had a summer class to terrorise, and Rogue had plans with those of her friends who hadn't gone away for the holidays.

--

For the next week their routine continued much the same, Rogue would arrive at about seven, Logan would buy dinner, they'd watch a movie or some sporting event, and they'd eventually retire to bed and sleep soundly wrapped around each other.

Logan knew something was different when he arrived home one evening to find Rogue already there. She was busy in the apartment’s small kitchen cooking dinner, and if it tasted as good as it smelled he couldn't wait.

"I didn't know you could cook," he commented, as he kicked his boots off and emptied his pockets into the drawer of the hall table.

"What kind of southern girl can't cook!" Rogue exclaimed indignantly from the kitchen.

"I think you'd actually be surprised," Logan commented with a chuckle, "So what are we having?"

"We got barbecue ribs, shrimp and grits, hush puppies, fried green tomatoes, and peach cobbler with lemongrass ice cream for dessert," Rogue answered, as she put the finishing touches to two loaded plates.

"Wow," Logan exclaimed, eyeing up the plate she set down in front of him, "You've been busy!"

"The question is, does it taste any good," Rogue added.

"If it tastes as good as it smells I'll have to keep you on permanent, and up my gym time," Logan joked as he dug in, eager to taste the offering before him. "This is fantastic!" he added after a few mouthfuls, slowing down his usual eating pace to enjoy the flavours. Rogue smiled brilliantly, before digging in to her own plate.

By the time they retired to the couch they were both stuffed. They'd progressed over the week from sitting on the couch to lounging, and as Logan sprawled out with his feet propped up on the coffee table, Rogue lay down across the couch with her head resting on one solid pec, as his arm lay over her waist. They settled in to watch a particularly boring baseball game but Logan found his attention turning Rogue.

She'd definitely become more comfortable touching him, actually going so far as to initiate contact herself. He'd caught himself most surprisingly actually enjoying her company. While the kids from the school were bearable, he didn’t spend any more time around them than necessary - which was most of the reason he had his own apartment - and usually the women he had around were there for one reason and one reason only.

The thought hit him as he shifted to rest his cheek against Rogue's head, that he hadn't had a woman in a while, not since the first time he left his key for Rogue three weeks ago, and for him, three weeks was a long time to go without. Oddly though, he found he didn't care, and he grinned contentedly as he felt Rogue drift off to sleep where she lay.

A few hours later, he decided Rogue wasn't going to wake back up, so he gingerly picked her up and carried her to bed. She barely stirred as he stripped off her restrictive clothes, he was surprised to discover she was wearing a sheer black body stocking under her clothes. Though it was now the height of summer, and she'd been wearing lighter clothing in an effort to beat the heat, so he supposed it made sense. It also meant he didn't have to try and wrestle her into some kind of bed wear and risk waking her up.

Leaving her in the body stocking, gloves, and her panties, he shucked his jeans, leaving himself clad in boxers and a t-shirt, and crawled into bed next to her, tugging up the thin sheet to cover them both. Rogue instinctively shuffled closer to him allowing him to spoon her before joining her in sleep.
Chapter 4 by erro
Author's Notes:
Sorry guys, posting took a bit of a backseat to real life :)
The next morning Rogue woke feeling just the slightest bit disconcerted, she knew this wasn't where she'd fallen asleep even though she knew where she was. The next thing she noted was the warmer than normal feel of Logan's arm where it was draped across her waist. Her eyes suddenly popped open when she realised Logan had undressed her, and she was currently lying pressed up against him in nothing more than her body stocking and panties.

The body stocking had been a gift from Jubilee, when she returned the day before from her week long vacation in New Orleans, where she went to visit her pen pal. She'd said it was so Rogue could wear less clothes in the summer heat but still be completely covered, she'd even given Rogue a business card with the stores website address if it worked out and she wanted to buy herself more.

Rogue could kiss Jubilee right now! Well, you know, if it wasn't for the fact it would kill her, which was definitely not what she wanted to do.

She had not considered this outcome of wearing the ultra-thin silk suit but she suddenly felt like jumping for joy as she realised it was like wearing nothing at all. She could feel every minute sensation against her skin, the soft cotton sheets, the lines of muscle, and even the course hair, pressed up against her back, and she could definitely feel the fingers of the hand, cupping her left breast, as the thumb slid over her decidedly perky nipple.

"'Morning," Logan rumbled, against her back.

"Good morning," Rogue replied, with a smile.

"A very good morning," Logan added, gently squeezing the handful of soft flesh he held.

Rogue flushed and giggled, as he continued to slowly move his hands over her. It took her a moment to realise she was actually feeling without the normal fear of being touched. Tears sprung to her eyes as she breathed a sigh partly of pleasure and partly of relief. She was disappointed when a moment later Logan's hand moved away from her.

"I'm sorry, not trying to push you," he spoke softly, from his place behind her.

"No, don't stop," Rogue said, "It feels good," she admitted.

"Feels good from this side too," Logan said, his hand returning to run down her side and cup her ass.

"Hey Logan," she spoke again a while later, "I think I'm ready."

Logan pushed himself up so he was looking at her face over her shoulder, an eyebrow cocked in an expression that showed he wasn't convinced. "You think?" he asked.

Rogue turned her head to face him, a blush colouring her cheeks. "I am ready," she confirmed.

Logan still looked unconvinced as his gloved hand moved up to run a finger down her cheek, he dipped his head, nuzzling into her hair and placed a soft kiss against the side of her head. Slowly he moved his way across her face, placing butterfly kisses across her cheek until he reached her lips.

"Hmm, maybe you are," he commented, after having quickly pressed his bare lips to hers several times, noting how she didn't flinch at all. "This is going to sound weird but I'm not sure I am," he admitted.

Rogue looked at him confused. "What do you mean?"

Logan sighed, dropping his head to her covered shoulder. "I don't know, I've never felt like this before, I just... I guess I've gotten used to having you around, and I don't want to lose that," he said softly.

"What are you saying...?" Rogue asked, an unfamiliar feeling beginning to well inside her, as her brain started making suggestions as to what he was hinting at.

"I don't want you to stop coming around, I don't want this to be the end, I want ... I want you to move in, permanently, I want to wake up like this every morning," he replied, watching her face closely as he spoke.

Rogue listened to him talk, confused as her vision blurred until she realised, she was crying. She smiled brilliantly at him as he said exactly what she had fantasized of hearing.

He watched her smile even as he watched tears leaked from her lashes, he was hopeful she was leaning towards agreeing with him. He had never done the whole 'girlfriend' thing, in fact, when Rogue started coming over regularly that was the closest he'd ever come to living with a woman. Last night had shocked him, when he had suddenly thought about her not coming over and felt a stab of pain at the idea of not seeing her like this again when she finally got what she was after – her night with the Wolverine.

"What are you thinking?" he asked after a while.

"I'm thinking I must be dreaming," Rogue replied, suddenly looking uncertain, "Why would you want me? You can't even touch me, and..."

"I've told you before Rogue, there's more than one way to touch, and you've touched me in a way that thirty, plus how ever fucking many, years of skin on skin contact has never been able to before, I will gladly give up that contact to have this," he interrupted her self-doubt with his assurance. "So what do you say, should we give this a shot, I've never been anyone's boyfriend before, that I can remember, so I'm probably going to fuck up, and just because it's me I'm probably going to fuck up more than once."

"Well," Rogue started, with a grin, "I've never been anyone's girlfriend before so, I guess we can fuck up together."

"Sounds like a good plan," Logan replied with a chuckle, brushing fallen hair out of her face. "Now that we've got that sorted, there's something I've been wanting to do for a while now, you mind?" he asked.

"What?" Rogue queried with a broader smile.

He reached over her to the bedside table and pulled something out of the top drawer as he rolled her onto her back underneath him. "This," he commented replied, laying a sheer white scarf over her face before kissing her thoroughly.

When they finally broke apart several minutes later, Rogue had a massive grin on her face. "Wow... that was, wow!"

"That's nothing, how far are we going here, or do you just want me to go for it and you tell me if you want me to stop?" Logan asked, as he continued to kiss her face and neck.

"Uh, um... that- that second one, oh yeah... I like that," Rogue tried to answer, it wasn't easy when he was distracting her like that but dear lord she hoped her didn't stop!
End Notes:
And they both lived happily ever after. The end.
You'll just have to use your naughty imaginations to figure out what happened next ;)
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=4237