The Legacy of Betrayal by erro
Summary: Tragedy threatens the lives of all mutants, with only one possibility of 'salvation'. Xavier takes action but do the ends justify the means?

AN: My first attempt uploading from my phone so I apologise for any formatting errors.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Adult, Drama, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 15291 Read: 12585 Published: 04/21/2020 Updated: 04/25/2020
Story Notes:
I didn't plan on posting this one yet but current real world events seemed to make it fitting...

1. Chapter 1 by erro

2. Chapter 2 by erro

3. Chapter 3 by erro

4. Chapter 4 by erro

5. Chapter 5 by erro

Chapter 1 by erro
Rogue was sitting in her bedroom window, she was reading, or so that was what she would tell anyone who asked. In truth, she was so bored she hadn't been able to read a single word on the page for about an hour. Which is probably why she noticed the sound of an engine roaring down the Lane towards the school, a moment later a sleek black motorcycle pulled into the driveway.

Who on earth was stupid enough to be coming to the school now, the place had been in quarantine for almost a week, since the first case of Legacy had hit. All classes had been cancelled, and students had been confined to dorms. Food for the day was delivered every morning, when Jean did rounds of the dorms and removed whoever had fallen sick overnight.

They were pulling four to seven students down to the infirmary every day, Rogue's own roommates had been taken away the morning before, leaving her alone. So far no one had died but if the reports, that had been filtering in about the virus before it hit, were anything to go by, it wouldn't be long before those infected began to expire.

Which is why the arrival of the mysterious man on the motorcycle was doubly odd, surely the Professor had warned whoever it was as they approached. If he was a mutant, his actions in coming here were akin to suicide. Her overactive imagination began to feed her bored mind increasingly bizarre scenarios about who the man was, and what brought him to the school, until she was collapsed on her bed laughing hysterically.

The next morning it was her turn to be carried down to the infirmary.

--

Rogue was floating in and out of awareness, as her fevered mind tried to concentrate on something, anything, around her. As she managed to lock onto nearby voices though, she suddenly wished that she hadn't.

"She's the worst case so far ... bypassed all the early viral stages ... haemorrhagic already ... direct blood transfusion ... we're going to lose her otherwise ... blood thickeners aren't working ..." droning doctor voices were commenting as her ears faded in and out.

The next thing she knew, she felt herself moving. Cracking open one eye she watched as she was rolled into a different room, the bed she was on was pushed up close to a second bed containing the prone form of a man.

"Wha's happ'ing?" she asked croakily, her throat was dry, and she could barely muster the strength to push enough extra air past her vocal cords to speak.

"Everything's going to be alright Rogue, your body is having a severe reaction to the virus but this blood transfusion should fix it," Jean assured her.

"Who'sat?" she asked, hoping Jean understood who she was referring to, there was no way she could move to point him out.

"Wolverine is helping us synthesize a cure," was all Jean replied, as she set about swabbing Rogue's arm in preparation for the direct blood transfusion. The sharp sting, of the first needle piercing her flesh, was enough of a shock to her already stressed system for Rogue to pass out again.

When she came to the next time she felt amazing, her body was buzzing, though her ears were ringing with an irritating hum, was it always this noisy in the med lab she wondered to herself. She tried to sit up but found she was strapped down to the gurney she was on.

"Hello, is anyone there?" she called out, trying not to panic as she frantically looked around the room for someone, anyone, who could let her up. She had developed an ‘irrational fear of confinement’, according to Jean, though personally Rogue believed it was perfectly rational but she had no intention of explaining why.

Her eyes fell onto the prone body of the man she'd seen earlier, this was the man they had given her blood from and, she was surprised to note, this was the man who she had seen arrive on the motorcycle. A tired looking Hank entered the room just then, alerted by her cries.

"Ah fantastic, you're awake, I do apologize for the restraints, you were having seizures and we had to keep you still during the transfusion. How do you feel?" he asked, as he helped her slowly sit up once the straps were removed, adjusting the gurney so she could rest back against it in a more upright position.

"Fantastic," Rogue replied, "Like I was never sick, I am starving though."

"Of course, however, before you eat, I will need to take some blood samples for testing," Hank informed her, pulling out several vials.

"You just filled me up and now you want the blood back, Indian giver," Rogue tsk'd jokingly, Hank chuckled along as he found her vein and began to extract several vials of thick dark blood. When he was finished, he tucked the vials away in his pocket before retrieving a large cache of food.

"Don't try to stand up just yet, eat, you may want to sleep some more, then once your energy levels are back up you can move around," Hank advised, before excusing himself to go see to his other patients.

About an hour later he returned, he was pleased to see Rogue had finished all the food, though she obviously hadn't slept. She was still sitting where he had left her, watching the other occupant of the room where he lay unconscious on the hospital bed, a frown marring her brow.

--

A day later Rogue stood uncertainly before the prone form on the bed, she had a sponge in one hand and a basin of warm water in the other. And how the hell had she ended up here? You may be asking... Because she opened her goddamn mouth, of course. ‘Mama always did tell me I was too nosy...’ she thought to herself with a sigh.

She had studiously questioned the doctors, and the Professor, as to why the strange man was lying unconscious in the med lab. Not buying for a minute the doctors excuse that he had to be kept unconscious to be able to produce antibodies... was she really expected to believe that? Then Jean came up with the bright idea that, because Rogue had to be kept in the med lab, until they could be one hundred percent certain she was permanently free of the virus, she should play nurse to the guy.

"He did save your life after all, it's the least you could do for him," she'd said condescendingly. "And it would mean we could spend more time treating the people who are still sick, who couldn't be cured like you could," she'd added, making it clear she thought Rogue was in the wrong to be questioning them when she had benefitted from their procedure.

And that is what saw her here now, about to give a sponge bath to a stranger. A naked stranger, of course, because you couldn't really give a clothed stranger a sponge bath, not effectively at least, and now she was procrastinating about her new job.

Jean and Hank had been so busy with treating and caring for their patients, now numbering close to fifty, they hadn't actually been able to show her what to do. Instead they'd pointed her at a couple of brief training videos on caring for coma patients and left her to it.

She couldn't help remembering the pet hamster she'd had as a kid. Hopefully this guy was awake in less than three months, because that's all the poor hamster had lasted.

Deciding she had procrastinated long enough she moved to his head, she'd start at the top and work her way down. It really wasn't helping her concentrate on her task that this guy was impressively ripped, she marvelled as she worked her way across his chest and down his abs. She was starting to think he wasn't completely out of it; he had almost imperceptibly flinched a couple of times, and as his abs twitched when her hand accidentally-on-purpose feathered over him, she had to wonder.

Before she moved further down, she did the exercises Hank had instructed her to do with him, to help with muscle tone while he was unmoving. She moved and manipulated his arms, flexing the joints as gently as she could; he was surprisingly heavy. His forearms and shoulders were really tense, and she spent some time massaging his arms until the muscles relaxed a bit.

Once she had finished with his arms, she pulled up the sheet he was covered in, folding it over his groin as she skipped that area - she still hadn't quite psyched herself up for that particular experience - and moved to his legs.

She washed his legs before more manipulating of limbs and muscles, she noticed his muscles were again very tense, and spent plenty of time massaging his legs. She wasn't trying to kill time before she had to do the last part...

Eventually she moved back to his groin, determinedly sliding the sheet out of the way. "Oh God," she murmured. She was positive now the guy was somewhat aware of what was going on; surely *it* wasn't like that normally. She rushed through washing that area, trying to ignore the offending appendage until she could cover him up.

And so concluded her first task as personal nurse.

--

Over the next couple of days Hank showed her how to do more and more things for Wolverine, starting with changing IV's, then feeding him, via the stomach tube that he had been fitted with, and eventually dealing with the suprapubic catheter... yuck. He also cautioned her to put more effort into cleaning his privates, stifling a chuckle when Rogue blushed as he showed her, in detail, exactly how to do that. She idly noted how *it* wasn't hard this time.

The next day she had to do it herself, again leaving his groin until last she sighed dramatically when she finally uncovered him and, sure enough, it was hard again.

"Seriously! Well don't expect me to do anything about it," she muttered, "Sorry, not in the job description." She whimpered when it got even firmer, twitching jerkily as she tried to do her job. It didn't take long before she got curious, and who could blame her really, Wolverine obviously didn't have a problem with it. After a moment her movements changed, from her attempt at clinical and detached, to exploratory and pleasurable. At least she assumed it was pleasurable, he got harder so she must be doing something right.

After a few minutes she bit her lip to stifle her surprised gasp when his hips jerked, and he spurted cum across his abdomen. "Um, sorry...?" she said, sounding more amused than sorry, as she cleaned him up and covered him again.

Clearly she'd set a precedent, because the next day he was obviously aroused before she even got to washing his abdomen. His heartbeat was strong and fast, and the sheet was tenting where his penis was standing, almost at attention, before she even reached it. Obviously she had done something right the day before, either that or he was just super horny and unable to take care of it himself.

She didn't even bother with the pretence this time, grasping his erection firmly as she experimented with her movements. She was surprised when Wolverine not only moved into her hand but vocalized too; she assumed it was a pleased sound, given he came a moment later. She noticed he was growling softly as she cleaned him up, though he made no other sound or movement. "Enjoy yourself?" she asked rhetorically, noting the growl got louder before he appeared to fall asleep again.

A few minutes later Jean entered the room, reminding Rogue that literally anyone could have just walked in on their ‘fun’ earlier. She would have to remember to lock the door tomorrow... or not jerk off her ‘patient’... she was probably going to lock the door.

She watched Jean closely as she took more blood samples, and gave Wolverine several injections. From what Hank had told her, they were intentionally, and repeatedly infecting Wolverine with the Legacy virus to harvest his antibody laden white blood cells. They were trying to cook up some sort of antibiotic specific to the virus, while they'd been able to halt the progress of the virus, they hadn't managed to cure it in anyone but Rogue.

How it had been explained to Rogue, she had only been cured because the white blood cells had been fed directly to her system via the blood transfusion. They couldn't use the same method for anyone else though because both she and Wolverine were the only ones at the school to share a rare blood type, AB-negative.

"We'll need another blood sample from you too Rogue," Jean said, as she finished her notes on Wolverine's chart. Rogue grudgingly held out her arm, letting Jean take her sample. She was getting used to being used as a human pin cushion. "Keep an eye on his vital signs, if there is any change let Hank know straight away," she said absently, as she was marking Rogue's vial before she left the room.

Rogue shrugged and pulled out a book as she moved to recline on her bed. She'd had a cot in the corner of the room since recovering, they still wouldn't let her leave the med lab and go back to her own room. Something about an anomaly in her bloodwork, that she couldn't get a clearer answer from anyone on.

She was trying to read but couldn't concentrate on the boring historical text in front of her. It wasn't like she needed to study at the moment, not with school on hold for the time being, and she was still aroused from her earlier actions with the gorgeous hunk of man flesh across the room. Heck, she'd been aroused for almost a week, she had gotten him off twice in that time, she figured she owed it to herself to take care of her own needs for a change. She didn't bother locking the door, it wasn't like either of the doctors were likely to come back any time soon, and she could pull her hand out of her panties plenty quick enough if they did.

As her hand sank between her legs, she let her eyes fall closed as she imagined something else in its place. She missed the minute movement, of the twitch of his nostrils, as the man across the room scented her arousal. It wasn't until her own heavy breathing was being dragged back under control, as she collapsed back on the bed after she orgasmed harder than she ever had before in her life, that she heard the almost imperceptible rumble of a growl.

Her unconscious roommate was growling again, and he was hard again too. Was this the ‘change in vital signs’ Jean had been talking about, or did he know what she had been doing?! When his growling died down a short while later, she decided it was probably just a coincidence. At least now she could continue her reading.

That night she decided she wanted some company, company that would actually join in in conversation with her, unlike her mute roommate. Joining Hank in his office they engaged in small talk for a while as they ate together, before Rogue took the opportunity of a lull in the conversation to ask some more questions about her charge.

"So, this Wolverine guy, he's a mutant, right?" she asked curiously.

"Yes, indeed, one of the more useful mutations too, and quite fascinating, though not as intriguing as your own. Wolverine possesses advanced regeneration, in layman's terms he heals very fast, which is how he is able to remain unaffected by the virus. The exact limits of his regeneration are unknown though he doesn't appear to age and has survived multiple invasive upgrade procedures at the hands of some clandestine operation. At some point it seems he has suffered a significant head trauma, bad enough to lose his memory almost entirely, yet with no indication of brain damage. On top of that he possesses superhuman senses, sight, smell, hearing, etcetera, and reflexes so honed he can react before most people even finish deciding on their course of action!" Hank explained animatedly, obviously he wasn't exaggerating about how fascinating he found Wolverine's mutation.

Rogue mulled over the information, maybe he was just really sensitive to touch and that's why he reacted to her. Though surely if that was the case he'd have the same reaction to everyone, right? And he definitely had not had the same reaction to either of the doctors.

--

The next afternoon as she prepared for bath time with the Wolverine, she quietly locked the door before moving to the bed. She was halfway there when she noticed he was hard already, he must have heard the door lock and figured out what she was going to do. When she finally got to his groin his engorged flesh was standing proud and ready.

It was huge, bigger than she'd seen it before she was certain, almost purple with the amount of blood forced into the tissue and leaking an oozing tail of cum down to his balls. She may or may not have availed herself of school wifi last night, purely for research purposes of course, specifically, researching how to give the best hand jobs... and blow jobs. If she could learn how to be a nurse from videos why not this too!

She didn't go straight for his dick, instead she played around a bit with his balls, running her other hand over his abdomen, teasing him. A sudden warning beeping from the heart monitor caused her to jump, his heart was racing, she didn't need the monitor to tell her that, and his breathing was heavy, almost panting. Stopping her ministrations, she walked over to the heart monitor and turned it off, it wasn't needed right now.

Going back to her previous position she continued her exploration, until her fingers eventually followed the trail of pre-cum up his engorged shaft to circle around the weeping head of his cock. Apparently, this meant he was enjoying himself, and so was she, she decided as she gripped his erection firmly and stroked him.

The low growl she had heard before began again as she pumped his hot flesh. It seemed he was really enjoying himself.
End Notes:
Next chapter is Logan's POV.
Chapter 2 by erro
When Xavier had called him back, the last thing he had expected to find was the school a veritable ghost town. Legacy had reached them, Xavier explained, they hadn't lost any students yet, though many were sick, they thought they might have a way to cure it. That was all the warning he had before he felt a stab of pain through his head and he lost consciousness.

When he had come to, in a loose sense of the word, he had been laid out on a bed in the med lab. He could hear medical equipment beeping annoyingly, could hear doctors pottering around as they worked. He could feel various needles, tubes, and wires, crisscrossing and entering his body. He could smell the sickness from the kids, probably in quarantine rooms down the hall, and he could feel the fever chills running through his own body. Try as he might though, he couldn't move, couldn't speak, and couldn't open his eyes.

As he put the pieces together he felt his fury grow. Xavier's great plan to cure the kids, it was to use him. They must be trying to use his healing to create some sort of antibody that they could give to the others. He already knew he was unaffected by the virus, so the plan was not without merit but the fucker hadn't even asked. After everything he knew about what he'd already been through, and this was the assholes chosen course of action!

He had scented the girl the minute they had brought her into the room, she smelled primarily of death, blood, and sickness. He had seen enough of that lately that he was glad he didn't have to see it again, not on someone who also smelled so deliciously pure and innocent. He had listened as the girl tried to speak, wanting to know what was happening, he heard Jean reassuring her that everything would be fine, he figured even the girl could pick up on the desperation in Jean's voice; even she didn't know if what they were going to do would work.

This girl might be the first in what was sure to be a wave of death, and he found himself hoping against hope the blood they were taking from him, and giving to her, would do whatever it was they were hoping it would.

He listened closely and waited to see; he would know before the doctors whether it was working. The girl’s heartbeat evened out as she lost consciousness, it was weak and thready, but steady. Over the next hour there was no change, then the scent of death began to dissipate, the scent of blood was old news now, none was fresh, the scent of feverish sickness faded away, and very slowly her heartbeat got stronger. He heard Hank telling Jean that he thought it was working a half hour later. An hour after that, they disconnected the blood lines they had had feeding between the two patients.

They didn't move the girl out of the room, which he was glad for, he'd gotten a little attached to her company. He also wanted to know the minute she woke up, so he would know for sure she was okay. He scented her panic, a moment before she called out for someone, when she woke.

Once she was finally awake, he was finally able to relax and eventually sleep. He was 'woken' to a heated argument between Jean, Xavier, and the girl, whose name was apparently Rogue. He found himself agreeing wholeheartedly with the girl, who was angry that they were keeping him unconscious, and using him as an antibody factory; she was clearly not buying the explanation that he was a willing participant. When Jean came up with the suggestion for the girl to be his nurse, he knew she meant it as a punishment for the girl; he'd always known Jean had a bitchy streak but that was low even for her.

It wasn't until the next day that he decided, though it was meant as a punishment, this was going to be a lot more pleasant than Jean had intended, for him at least. The first time, he tried to distance himself from the feel of her hands, working quickly around his groin, when she made it obvious she was uncomfortable.

The next time however, though she again verbally protested, he just couldn't help his bodies reaction to her proximity. The first time he felt her hand close around his shaft, his brain tried desperately to tell his body to behave. As her hand tentatively stroked him however, he gave up the pretence, if she was going to do it, he was going to enjoy it; she was enjoying it too despite her protests.

The next day he couldn't wait for her to give him his sponge bath, hell, it was almost worth all the shit Xavier put him through just for this. He began to get hard as he listened to her gathering what she needed, by the time she got to his dick he was fully erect. She didn't bother with the pretence of complaint this time, simply grabbed him tight and stroked him firmly, almost perfectly. He wished he could work with her, she tapered off just before her hand got to where he really wanted her to grip and her movements were a little too languid. It wasn't until he unloaded all over himself that he realised he had been able to move, toward the end, bucking his hips up against her hand, he even managed to make a sound when she spoke to him while she was cleaning him off.

This needed more thought; he may be able to get out of his current predicament if he could exploit this loophole.

When Jean came in a few minutes later he groaned internally, she was going to inject him again, which meant another few hours feeling like shit while the virus worked its way through his system again. He was mildly concerned when Jean insisted they needed another blood sample from the girl, why the sudden interest in her again? They hadn't taken a sample from her in days.

He was 'woken' from a fevered doze about an hour later, it took a moment for him to realise what woke him. The soft feminine gasp, accompanied by the strong scent of arousal, from across the room clued him in quickly. The girl must definitely be enjoying herself, he felt himself getting hard again, despite his fever as he listened in on her getting herself off. God, he wished he could move right now, she smelled fantastic and he knew she would taste just as good.

He heard the low growl he was making; he shouldn't be able to do that. Underneath that all he could also hear the muted sound of the heart monitor he was connected to; his heart rate was elevated... The tranquilizer must be drip fed at a steady rate, if he could increase his heart rate for long enough, his healing factor should be able to flush the tranq's enough for him to remove the source.

Overnight he practiced various meditation techniques trying to speed up his heart rate, though that was the opposite to most meditation it was based on the same principles, just reversed. He managed to move his hand but just couldn't quite do it, he would need some more stimulation to give him the boost he needed.

The next afternoon as he listened to Rogue getting ready to bathe him he began to mentally psyche himself up. The minute he heard the door lock slide home he felt the rush of blood head south. She'd jerked him off twice in two days but hadn't locked the door, just what was she planning today.

When she finally got to his cock he was painfully hard, she'd been teasing him throughout the process, resting her gloved hands here, stroking there. He reminded himself he couldn't cum, he couldn't, he needed the arousal to boost his heart rate. He just about threw that plan out the door when he felt her hot little hand gently squeeze his balls. His heart rate jumped, enough to cause the machine to his right to start beeping warningly, he was worried the girl was going to stop, and she did, walking over to the monitor and switching it off. He desperately tried to move his hand while she was doing that, he needed to get the IV out.

She was back a moment later, one hand returning to fondle his balls, while the other stroked his abdomen. Goddamn she was good, he was torn between blowing his load and getting the IV out, when he felt her finger slide up his shaft and circle around the head of his dick right before she gripped him tightly... Fuck it, he was just going to die right here, he decided as she began to pump him slowly and firmly.

A minute later he jerked sharply when he felt her tongue gently lap at his head. His heart was thundering now, if he was going to get out now was it. As her mouth closed around him, sucking gently, he forced his left hand up and over his body, grabbing for where he could feel the IV entering his arm. He scrabbled at the line before grabbing it and yanking the whole thing out of his arm. The unexpected movement from him caused the girl to stop her ministrations, her mouth pulling away from his cock with a soft pop.

"Don’t stop!" he growled, as his limbs collapsed heavily. He could feel the burn of his healing factor washing through him as it began to work faster, now that it wasn't hampered by the tranquilizers.

The girl just shrugged and went back to what she was doing, her mouth closing around him again as one hand continued to pump his shaft, her other hand gently squeezing his balls. As soon as he had his strength back enough, he moved a hand to her head, gripping her hair as he changed her angle slightly before he bucked into her mouth and finally exploded.

"Holy fuck darlin, that was incredible," he panted, as he tried to catch his breath. The girl caught his eye as she blushed brightly, suddenly shy. "Oh, now you're shy, well, we can't have that," he said with a chuckle, pulling himself to sit upright.

"But- but you're supposed to be sedated..." Rogue said, suddenly uncertain.

"Darlin you didn't believe that shit when it came out of Jean's mouth, and good for you, I'm gonna rip Xavier a new one when I get my hands on him, for now though, I got my hands on you, and what am I going to do with this little tease?" he asked, as he caught her wrist and tugged her towards him. She slid into place between his legs, against his solid chest, with a squeak. Dipping his head to meet her lips with his, he was interrupted when she suddenly blurted 'Stop!' as a bolt of genuine fear shot through her scent.

He pulled back immediately. "It's okay, if you don't want to just say, I'm not going to force you," he said reassuringly, loosening his grip on her so she could move away if she wanted to.

"It- it's not that," she stammered, as her eyes flooded with tears, "It's my stupid skin, sorry, you can't touch my skin."

"Why not?" he asked curiously, what he could see of her skin looked perfect for touching, though now that he looked closer, he could see she was completely covered from neck to toes.

"It's my mutation, I absorb 'life force', like energy and stuff, through my skin, touch me and I can kill you," she replied, trying to sound tough and sassy over the pain in her voice. A mutation like that must be incredibly isolating.

"That's okay, I can work with that ... how were you blowing me if you can't touch skin?" he asked curiously.

She blushed again and produced a piece of sheer fabric, he reached up and took it from her hands, it felt like silk, even covered in cum.

"Got another one?" he queried, with a sexily cocked eyebrow.

The girl looked confused for a moment before she slipped out of his arms and headed for her bed in the corner, fishing around in a small backpack she turned around with another silk scarf in her hand, only to meet a wall of muscled chest. She was distracted by her surprise at how he moved so quietly, when he slipped the scarf out of her hand unnoticed. His lips were on hers a moment later, separated by the sheer fabric now between them.

She was so lost in the sensation of his lips on hers that she didn't even notice her change in orientation until her back touched the mattress behind her. Her eyes flew open meeting his as he pulled back slightly.

"You okay?" he queried, where he was supporting his weight above her.

She wanted to say yes, she wanted to tell him to keep going, but she was scared, scared of hurting him.

He saw the uncertainty in her eyes, and pulled away further. "Well, at least let me return the favour?" he questioned, as his fingers ran down the front of her leggings, rubbing firmly against her clit through her panties. She moaned at the sudden sensation, clapping her hand over her mouth as she blushed, even as she felt her arousal grow.

"Don’t worry about making noise darlin, it's great for my ego," he said with a chuckle, as he pressed against her again. She whimpered this time, as her teeth worrying her lower lip and her eyes fell closed again.

He quickly ran over his options for tasting her, she hadn't objected to his suggestion, so he was just going to keep going until she did, if she did. He had a feeling that if he tried to remove her pants she was going to object, so instead he took advantage of her distracted state and slid out a single claw, splitting open the crotch seam of her leggings. The material was so stretchy they gapped open, exposing her to his view, her panties were an obstruction, but he dealt with them quickly. He had the sheer scarf settled over the new opening in her pants before she even realised her panties were gone.

"Oh god!" she exclaimed, when his tongue ran lightly over her clit. Before long she was bucking and grinding against his face as he sucked and nipped at her sex. He didn't have gloves but that didn't stop him from bunching up a handful of the scarf and shallowly penetrating her pussy. She came with a shout as she ground herself into his face as her left hand clutched at his hair; her right hand was clamped over her gorgeous mouth.

"Think I still owe you for that ego boost," he commented smugly, once she finally recovered enough to open her eyes. Before she could respond someone tried to open the door, thank god she'd locked it earlier. The girl’s eyes got comically wide as she blushed again and tried to clamp her legs shut, not that it did anything to hide the missing crotch of her pants.

"Tell them to give you a minute, and change your pants," he whispered to her, noting her frozen stance, as the person outside called out and asked why the door was locked.

She cleared her throat and called out as he instructed, he got a fantastic view of her naked ass as she pulled on new pants, while he folded and wrapped the sheet he had been covered in around his waist; there were no clothes for him that he could see. He was sitting on the bed waiting by the time she was done, and she raced for the door to unlock it.

Both doctors and Xavier were outside the door. "Ah, just the crowd I wanted to see," he growled menacingly, before anyone else could speak.

"Rogue, what did you do?" Jean immediately demanded.

"I didn't do anything," the girl assured them, surprisingly convincingly. "He just woke up all of a sudden and ripped out the IV and the next thing I knew he was up," she said, sounding suitably confused.

"Are you alright Rogue?" Hank asked her concerned.

"I- I- he-" she shrugged, giving up trying to speak and just pointed at the stomach tube and catheter that he had ripped out earlier, and left lying on the floor beside the steadily dripping IV needle.

"Wolverine you could surely have avoided traumatizing the poor girl," Hank tsked disapprovingly.

"And you could have avoided sedating me and using me for whatever experiments you're cooking up without my consent," Wolverine shot back darkly.

"I'm sorry Wolverine, we couldn't risk you refusing..." Xavier began.

"You could have at least asked before trying to melt my brain and holding me prisoner," Wolverine replied pointedly, "Did you really think if you said, 'hey, we want to see if we can use your mutation to cure the kids', that I would have said no? Really!? I mean I know I'm an asshole but how long have I been working for you? How many of these kids are here because I found them and sent them here?" Wolverine growled, his voice was dangerously calm, as his eyes flashed angrily.

Rogue couldn't help the feeling that there was something she was missing here, something that went deeper than just the immediate situation.

"... I've been working for you for ten years, you know my story, and the only person who had a problem with what you were doing was this chick who doesn't know me from a bar of soap. And you wouldn't listen to her," he stated.

"What- how do you know that?" Jean asked confused.

"... Wait," Rogue interrupted, "What do you mean 'know your story'?"

Wolverine turned to the other occupants of the room. Hank looked shocked, if he had to guess he would say Hank didn't know he hadn't agreed to what they were doing, the guy might be a genius but he could be a little clueless sometimes. The other two just looked guilty, and he was going to rub it in.

"Tell her," he prodded, "Tell her how I was held captive and experimented on by government, military, whoever the hell it was. Tell her about how they fucked with my body. Tell her how they fucked with my head. Tell her how you just did the exact. same. thing."

Rogue was frozen in shock and horror as what he was saying sank in. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, "I'm so sorry I didn't say more," she said, as she threw her arms around him, careful to avoid touching her face to his bare skin.

He hugged her back carefully, "It's alright, you didn't know, you did more than most people would have, and you took care of me," he added, with a cheeky wink that no one else could see but her.

"Now, what did you actually come here for?" he addressed back to the intruders.

"We actually came to speak with Rogue," Hank advised, once he had shaken himself out of his shocked stupor. "Rogue's bloodwork has returned an anomaly that we have been trying figure out..."

"Is it the virus?" Rogue asked worried.

"No, no, not to worry, it's not the virus, the virus is completely gone from your system, however, we believe the anomaly may have been caused by how we cured the virus in you," he advised. "You're aware we gave you a blood transfusion from Wolverine, we did this for two reasons, the first being you two are the only AB-negative individuals at the school, the second reason being Logan's blood contained white blood cells with virus antibodies. An unintended side effect has occurred from the transfer. As you know your DNA can temporarily replicate another mutants’ powers through skin to skin contact, it seems however that by injecting you with Wolverine's DNA, your mutation, or perhaps a combination of both of your mutations, has coded his mutation directly into your cells. If our theory is correct you may now be able to permanently heal. Have you noticed any changes to your body, your senses, your surroundings?" Hank queried animatedly.

Rogue was quiet, and a little pale. "You mean, I'm changing?" she asked.

Wolverine scented her shock and caught her as her legs gave out underneath her. Picking her up he turned around, and sat her on the bed behind him. "Hey, you still with us?" he asked her gently, as she turned to look at him.

She shook her head, as if to clear it, before she nodded. "Yeah, I'm good, just... I didn't think that was possible, or safe... doesn't that mean my mutation is unstable?"

"Not at all!" Hank exclaimed excitedly, a big grin on his face. "I told you your mutation was fascinating, your mutation is the pinnacle of evolution Rogue, survival of the fittest, if your mutation can permanently absorb useful mutations, mutations that ensure your survival, you could well become the most powerful mutant in existence!"

Wolverine scowled darkly, that wasn't good, power like that could be exploited, and likely would be if anyone found out about it. If they were right, it could put the girl in a lot of danger.

"So, I have Wolverine's powers? And it's permanent?" Rogue clarified.

"We would need to test it," Jean replied, "That's what we were coming to do..."

"That's what you were coming to ask her. if she consented. to doing," Wolverine interrupted, noting Jean's fearful look as she nodded and murmured 'of course'.

"How would you test that?" Rogue asked, directing the question to Wolverine, if anyone knew how best to test his mutation it would surely be him.

"Well, the senses are fairly simple, have you been hearing things better, seeing things better?" he asked, at her nod he continued, "The healing is a little harder to test, you need to injure yourself in some way, start with a little scalpel knick, or something," he said, noting Rogue shuddered at the idea of intentionally injuring herself, if they were right and she did heal now she would likely fast lose that aversion. "Do you want to test it and see if they're right?" he asked her.

She thought for a moment before she sighed. "I suppose it would be helpful to know," she admitted, though she still looked apprehensive.

"Do you want me to do it?" he asked her gently. She smiled gratefully in response and nodded, the fact that she trusted him, a veritable stranger, over those around her, who she had lived with for some time, showed just how hard the news of their betrayal had hit her.

He accepted a sterilised scalpel from Hank, as he considered where would be the best place to test, if she didn't heal it would need to be somewhere easy to 'fix'. Gently taking hold of her gloved left hand, he eased the sleeve of her top up from her wrist to her elbow, a small split on the top of her arm would be easy to stitch or bandage if it didn't heal. She had caught on to where he was aiming for, and had her eyes fixed to her arm as he moved the scalpel into place.

"Rogue, Rogue look at me," he said gently.

She looked up at him and smiled shyly. "Marie," she replied.

"Marie? That's a pretty name," he commented, as he swiped the scalpel across her arm while she was distracted.

She flinched and immediately looked back to her arm. "Uh ... did you miss?" she asked uncertainly.

"I never miss darlin, congratulations, you're a healer," he confirmed, as he regarded her flawless skin. "Want to see it in action?" he asked. She hesitated before nodding with a grin, quickly he slashed the scalpel across her arm again, the angry red gash sealing shut almost as soon as the blade had passed through. "That's a pretty impressive healing rate too," he added, "Though I guess that makes sense if you've got my healing." Handing the scalpel back to the doctor he left Rogue to inspect the former injury site.

"So, what does this mean, other than I heal now, and I won't get the virus again?" Rogue asked, after a couple of minutes.

"Well, if the bloodwork is correct, we might be able to create a more effective cure for the virus from you than from Wolverine," Jean answered.

"No," Wolverine said, "You can't do that to her, you have no idea what reinfecting her with the virus will do to her. What if it undoes whatever's happened?" he directed at Rogue, "What if I can't fix you a second time?"

"We already did reinfect her," Jean replied, "She fought the virus off just as effectively as you do but her resistant white blood cells live and continue to produce antibodies longer, probably because her cells are more adaptable..."

"You fucking doctors just can't help yourselves!" Wolverine fumed, "Fuck informed consent, am I right."

It was Rogue's turn to be mad now, Wolverine was right, what if the healing wasn't permanent, what if giving her the virus again had made it crash or made her even sicker. At least that explained the nausea a couple of days before, she'd thought it had been caused by the too bright lights but perhaps a better explanation for both of those was a fever.

"How much longer do you need to cook up your cure?" Wolverine asked suddenly.

"We're not completely certain but it does appear we are close, another couple of weeks perhaps," Hank replied carefully.

"Right, I'll stay as long as you need my help with that, after that, I'm gone, don't contact me again, I never want to hear from any of you. Is my room still open?"

"Yes, it is, but you're carrying the virus we can't let you..." Jean tried to say he couldn't leave but he wasn't having any of that.

"My room’s on a separate floor to the rest of the residents, I’m not staying down here longer than necessary, mainly because I don’t want to be anywhere near you, Rogue and I will be up on the guest floor if you need us. Assuming she agrees to help with your mad science." Wolverine said, leaving no room for argument as he gathered up Rogue's stuff. She was off the bed, and following him out of the room, before he even asked if she was coming.
Chapter 3 by erro
As he slammed his way into his usual room and flopped down on the bed, his attention was caught by a grinning Rogue, standing uncertainly in the doorway. "Come on in, sorry about that, you didn't have to follow me, you could have stayed and talked about what they wanted you to do," he assured her.

"I was happy to take my chance when I got it, it's the first time I've been top side since I got sick, no one was going to argue with you about me leaving," she chuckled, as she sat down on the couch across from his bed. "What - what do you think I should do? I'm mad, I just want to walk away but... some of my friends are down there, if anything happened to them, and I knew I might have been able to help, I would feel horrible," she asked, brow furrowed in worry and fear.

"I can't tell you what to do kid, but I'll support whatever decision you make, and I'll hang around long enough to help you however I can," he answered, shifting to sit beside her. Instinctively she cuddled up to him, her hair protecting him from her skin.

"Thanks, anyway, I should let you... settle in, get dressed, I'll go find a room for me..." Rogue started.

"Oh no you don't darlin, you're staying here, I promised myself I wouldn't make you to do anything you didn't want to but if you're on your own they can waltz in any minute and drag you back downstairs, so you'll stay where I can keep an eye on you, besides," he added with a grin, "I still owe you for two hand jobs and an ego boost if you're game."

Rogue flushed brightly at his words, he couldn't wait to get rid of her clothes and see just how far down it went.

"Go grab yourself a shower, I'll order room service," he told her with a chuckle, as he moved across the room to pick up the cordless phone on the bedside table.

Rogue raced for the shower, she'd had to resort to sponge baths herself while in the med lab, and while they kept her clean enough, it sure didn't beat a nice hot shower. She scrubbed her skin pink, after soaking under the hot spray for a while, and washed her hair. Once she was done, she twisted her damp hair out of the way, lamenting that she didn't have her hairdryer, as she dried off and dressed herself.

When she stepped back into the bedroom, she was surprised to find the room empty and the door open. A momentary panic gripped her as the worst-case scenario, that someone had come to get Wolverine, ran through her mind. Sticking her head out into the hall though, she was relieved to see the man in question collecting a dinner trolley from the elevator.

"Room service is slack in this place," he joked, as he wheeled the trolley in. "Help yourself, there's plenty here, I'm gonna hit the shower, no complaints about your nursing skills but not much beats a hot shower."

"I was thinking much the same thing," Rogue replied, as she served herself some food, watching while the still sheet clad male before her dug through a beat-up duffel bag dumped on top of the dressing table, pulling out a change of clothes and then disappearing into the bathroom.

While he showered, she flicked on the tv to scan for something to watch. Wolverine came out of the bathroom ten minutes later and joined her on the couch with a plate of food. They watched the generic action movie she had found until it finished, the next movie looked boring, so Rogue began scanning channels looking for something else to watch.

"Careful doing that," Wolverine said with a grin, a split second before the TV stopped on an unlocked porn channel. Rogue hurriedly pressed the button again, without saying a word. Eventually she decided there was nothing on TV, a hundred and forty-seven channels and nothing, interesting, to watch. Flicking the TV off she offered the remote to Wolverine, who just shook his head and reclined further on the couch.

Rogue switched her attention to him then, taking in the worn denim jeans, white singlet, and the dark red flannel shirt he was wearing. He didn't look as bad ass as he did when he arrived, though that was probably all down to the lack of leather, he was still insanely good looking.

"Enjoying the view?" he asked, from where he was reclined, legs propped out in front of him, and eyes closed.

"I've seen worse," she replied nonchalantly, where she was getting the courage to flirt with him she had no idea.

"I'm sure you have, question is, have you seen better?" he shot back, eyes opening to watch her closely, amusement showing.

"Hmm," she started, exaggerating thinking for a moment before she said, "Well, there was this one guy, stark naked and completely at my mercy, that was a spectacular sight."

"I'll bet, maybe you should go find him and ask for a repeat performance," Wolverine returned.

"I don't know, he was kinda hard work, high needs, not much return," Rogue teased.

"Maybe if you ask nice it'll pay off," Wolverine suggested.

"You think... I don't know, how would you approach a situation like that, I mean, should I be subtle, or should I be a bit more forceful, you know, so he doesn't misunderstand?" she asked coyly, as she shifted on the sofa to straddle him.

Wolverine growled lustily as she settled down across his groin. "I'd probably avoid subtlety, you never know, he might be a bit thick, you might need to hammer the point home a bit," he added, as his hands came to rest on her hips, rolling her hips to bring her down harder onto his growing erection.

"You know that is a good point, the good-looking ones do tend to be less bright, how obvious should I go do you think? Slutty lap dance, or..." she stood up in front of him, before dragging off the knee length dress she was wearing, revealing the sheer silk bodysuit she had put on underneath. How it had ended up in her pack she didn't know but boy was she glad it had. "... or, should I just strip naked, throw myself on his bed-" she flopped down on the bed - "And say, for God's sake fuck me already!"

He launched himself off the couch and was on top of her in a second, pinning her to the bed with a deep rumbling growl. "Be careful what you wish for girl, you might just get it." Her response was a sexy moan and a shiver as the growl reverberated through her body, her legs falling open as they wrapped themselves around his waist.

He dragged the comforter off the bed from underneath her, rolling her further up the bed in the process before pulling a corner of the satin sheet over her mouth so he could kiss her. She pulled away a moment later, spitting out the sheet, mumbling that it was too thick as she waved toward her pack. Catching on to her train of thought he dragged himself off the bed, upending her pack and grabbing a handful of scarves. He made a detour to the bathroom on his way back to the bed and fished out a box of condoms from the back of the medicine cabinet.

"Come on Wolverine what's taking so long, we going too fast for you old man," she asked smartly.

"It's Logan sweetheart, and we can speed this train up if you want but I think you might prefer the scenic route rather than the Express," he commented, as he dropped the box on the bedside table before slowly peeling off his shirt and dropping his pants.

It was all for nought though as his train reference caused Rogue... Marie, to burst out laughing. "Well played sir, well played," she replied as he joined her back on the bed.

"Not as dumb as I look eh?" Logan answered with a grin, as he settled above her. He had taken advantage of the distraction she had offered earlier to settle one of the scarves over her face and neck, she hadn't noticed, and flinched when he first moved to kiss her before she realised there was a barrier between him and her skin. "Trust me darlin," he reassured her, as he dropped butterfly kisses across her face and down her neck.

He worked his way down her body slowly and surely, laving attention on every square inch of her as he went. The body suit she was wearing was closed at the crotch but it didn't matter right now because he'd forgotten to grab his gloves, so he was fine touching her over the fabric for now. He cruelly left her hanging right as she was about to come, grinning at the annoyed look she shot him as he moved to upturn his pack, digging through his clothes before he remembered his gloves were in his jacket pocket.

The gloves were rabbit leather, not great for protection but enough to keep his hands warm. On the plus side they were thin enough to not impede touch... but enough to avoid leaving fingerprints when necessary, not that he ever used them for illegal activities... often. The thought of illegal activities brought him to a sudden halt as he tugged the gloves on.

"Marie, how old are you?" he asked uncertainly, all he could think was, 'please be legal!'

She giggled. "Eighteen, don't worry not jailbait," she reassured him.

"Thank god!" he exclaimed, more relieved than he would admit, as he attacked her again, chasing the amused grin off her face with his lips on hers.

He tossed up putting a hole on his glove and decided it was worth it to get through the crotch of her bodysuit. As his fingers sank into her heat, he confirmed it was definitely worth the cost of a new pair of gloves to hear the sounds she was making as he sank a digit into her tight heat. She came, riding his hand as she moaned his name, a moment later. He'd never seen or heard anything as beautiful, his brain told him, as he watched her shudder underneath him as her head tossed side to side in a sea of perfectly tangled mahogany hair.

As she was coming down, he gently eased a second finger into her tight spasming core, he could feel the restriction of tissue as he tried to press deeper. Withdrawing he waited, watching as she came back down to earth.

"Why did you stop?" she panted, when she was able to speak coherently.

"You're a virgin," he stated, she blushed again, and that was a second question answered, he thought as he watched the pink flush spread down across her heaving bust and almost down to her navel. "How far are we going?" he asked.

She realised then he was asking for her permission to enter her, she shuddered, a mixture of giddy arousal and nervous energy. "All the way, please, don't stop," she replied, as her own gloved hand slid over his shoulder and up the back of his neck pulling him down towards her.

When they broke apart gasping for air, Logan buried his face in the side of her neck, nipping and sucking at the sensitive flesh he found. He reached blindly for the condoms, tearing the box open one handed, managing to catch hold of several before the box fell to the floor. He dropped the extra ones he had on the bed beside him, tearing one open with his teeth before he went back to distracting the gorgeous girl in his arm. Once he was sheathed, he checked the hole in her bodysuit, it should be big enough to let his dick through but tight enough that it would be enough protection to the surrounding skin.

He shifted enough to give himself room to work with, as he pressed the head of his cock through the hole in the sheer fabric. Using his free hand to move it around enough to liberally coat it in her arousal, she moaned as he rubbed against her clit in the process. He was kissing her softly has he positioned himself at her entrance, noting her tense, ever so slightly.

"Relax darlin, this is going to hurt but it will hurt more if you tense up, just let it happen," he murmured, as he continued stimulating the rest of her body in an effort to distract her. Only when he felt her relax, and indeed begin to respond to his actions again, did he move, slowly rocking his hips while he sucked on her left breast. With each forward motion he went a little deeper, until he felt the tight membrane blocking his intended path. She tensed slightly at the brief stretch but relaxed quickly again. Pulling back minutely he thrust forward sharply, snapping through the offending barrier, both of them hissing at the invasion, her against the sharp sting as he sank into her, him at the feeling of her tight channel squeezing around him.

He stilled, allowing her time to adjust to the invasion as he continued his attention in other areas, until she shifted her hips against him, and he sank even deeper into her. "Fuck Marie! God you feel so good darlin," he moaned as she mewled, mostly in pleasure. After a few moments she bucked against him harder as she moaned for him to move.

Slowly at first, he withdrew before sinking back into her tight heat, it wasn't long though before he shifted their positions slightly, to give himself more leverage to speed up his thrusts, following her encouragement every step. He was glad they had the whole floor to themselves, not that he would ever complain about his women making noise, but he knew she would be embarrassed later if she knew others had heard her. She was definitely good for his ego.

She was so close she was beginning to sob as she begged for something she didn't know how to verbalize. He slid his hand between them and pinched her clit gently, sure enough it was enough to tip her over the edge and she bucked up against him as she screamed his name. He grit his teeth and withdrew from the pulsing contractions of her core, he wasn't done with her just yet. As she stopped shuddering and began to catch her breath, he slammed back into her causing her to immediately orgasm again. Pushing her knees higher and further apart he pounded into her as hard as he dared, it wasn't his intention to hurt her but she was definitely going to be feeling this, probably for a couple of days.

Her orgasm had barely dissipated, his hard thrusts keeping her right on the edge before he jerked into her with a shout as he came hard, and she followed him over the edge again. He collapsed onto her, supporting himself enough to not crush her but definitely keeping himself firmly planted inside her. Once he caught his breath, and could move again, he withdrew from her, followed by a stream of cum.

"You're not on the pill by any chance, are you?" he asked hopefully.

"No?" she replied curiously.

"Condom broke," he told her, sliding off the useless contraception. She was staring at him in wide-eyed shock when he turned back to her. "Hey, it's okay, it's not your time of month yet but I can get you a morning after pill or something if it'll make you feel better, Jean keeps some in the med lab..."

"I could have killed you! It should have killed you... why didn't it...?" she interrupted him, honestly, possibly getting pregnant was the least of her concerns right then.

"Maybe you were just having too much fun and your mutation didn't want to interrupt?" he suggested, she didn't appreciate his attempt at humour apparently. "Maybe it's a side effect of you assimilating my DNA, maybe your skin recognizes me as a part of you. Poor you, only person on earth you can touch, and you're stuck with me," he teased as he slid the scarf away from her face so he could see her unimpeded. "Shall we test that theory?" he asked, as he ran a still gloved finger down her cheek and across her plump pink lips.

"... I don't want to hurt you," Marie whispered softly, her uncertainty clear.

"I suppose it would be helpful to know," he replied, quoting her own comment from earlier, when they were discussing hurting her to test her newly acquired healing. "You think I wanted to hurt you before, you needed to know though, and you need to know now, I'm happy to take the risk so you know," he assured her.

She pushed him away from her, sitting herself up against the headboard of the bed, tucking her knees under her chin, and wrapping her arms around them while she visibly considered her options. He knew the minute she made her decision, her eyes hardening and her shoulders squaring as she prepared herself. "Lie down," she directed him, waiting for him to lay himself out on the bed in front of her. "Hold your hand out... glove off dummy," she added with a laugh, losing some of the tension in her stance as she did.

Sliding off her own glove she reached out toward him, pausing momentarily to draw a steadying breath before she brushed her fingers across the palm of his hand. Her touch got firmer the longer they touched with nothing happening, until Logan turned his hand and grasped hers, twining their fingers together as silent tears slipped down her cheeks. After a minute of just holding hands Logan sat up and gently tugged her into his arms, where she sobbed happily against his chest, hugging him tightly.

"I can touch," she whispered in wonder, as Logan ran his hands over her body trying to find the zipper for her bodysuit. He began to peel it off her running his bare hands over her skin as each inch was exposed. Before long he rolled her over so he could pull it off her completely.

His plan to continue touching her was thwarted when Marie launched herself at him, pushing him back down on the bed before she straddled him. She sat astride him as she peeled her last glove off, as soon as her hands where free she began running them over his body, feeling the different planes and textures, rubbing, pinching, rolling, scratching. When her hands finally worked down to his cock, he felt it rise to the occasion, her hands were busy, just feeling. When her mouth closed over the head of his penis, he could finally do what he'd wanted to the first time she'd done it.

"Goddamn darlin, just like that, fucking perfect!" he encouraged, as she swallowed more of him, trying to resist the urge to force more into her mouth. After a few minutes he reluctantly pulled her away and up his body.

As their lips met again, he shifted her into position before he slid back into her wet heat. She broke away with a moan as she pushed herself upright and lowered herself further onto his rigid flesh. Her hands splayed across his pecs as his guided her hips into a rhythm. She was still recovering from her previous orgasms, her legs were shaky and tired, but she was determined to finish. He was a lot closer to the end than she was, so he slipped one hand between them as his other hand moved to her chest.

She came with a sigh as she sank down onto him, he met her halfway when he thrust up into her with a grunt as he spilled his load. It was her turn to collapse into a heap on top of him, the pair lying in a sweaty tangle of limbs, too spent to even think about moving. Logan simply pulled the sheet over them and let her drift off to sleep on his chest.

It wasn't until she was asleep that he started to let his mind wander to just what exactly was happening here. This wasn't just about sex but he didn't do relationships, or virgins, in fact he specifically avoided virgins - not least of all due to the oft present age issue - they tended to expect too much, like for you to stick around. He didn't stick around, that wasn't his deal, he didn't belong, not to a place at least... could he belong to a person though? Would she mind if he disappeared for months at a time to settle his wanderlust? Even better, would she wander with him...?

He shook the thoughts from his head angrily. Of course she wouldn't, he was dreaming if he thought she would. She was little more than a kid, she belonged to this world, where she would have a home, and friends, a clean-cut all-American boyfriend, a house with a white picket fence, two point five kids, and a dog. He was all kinds of an asshole for even contemplating taking her away to spend hours on a numb ass on the back of a motorcycle, eating greasy food, and living out of dirty motels. No, he wouldn't do that to her.

But that didn't mean he couldn't enjoy this while he had it, he thought, as he drifted off to sleep listening to the steady rhythm of her heartbeat.
Chapter 4 by erro
The next morning, they both woke slowly, they had shifted in their sleep, still entwined, for maximum skin on skin contact. Rogue was sleepily running her hand over his chest, periodically scraping her fingernails across his nipple, giggling every time he growled when she did.

He was about to step things up a notch when the phone rang. With an irritated growl he rolled over and grabbed for the phone. "What?"

"Wolverine, I'm not sure which extension Rogue is on, could you ask her to phone the med lab, please," Hank asked, politely, though sounding stressed.

"Sure, give me a minute," he told the phone before hanging up. "Hank asked you to call the med lab," he advised Rogue, as he dropped the phone on the bed beside her, "Unless you want him to know you're here, give it a minute before you ring back."

"Would you have a problem if anyone knew I was here?" she asked curiously, rolling over on the bed and snatching up the phone.

"Nope, I'm not the one who lives here with these people, I don’t care what they think," he said, as he walked into the bathroom. He heard the phone dial and he pushed the door shut so he didn't disturb her conversation.

A few minutes later, as he was standing under the hot spray of the shower, he heard a muffled click and the door squeaked open. The shower door opened a moment later as Rogue stepped in behind him, sliding her hot little hands around his waist, one heading north as the other headed south.

"What did Hank want?" he asked, trying to distract himself from what her hands were doing. He really should stop her, otherwise this was going to get out of hand, and he didn't think she was ready for more yet.

"He wanted to know if I was willing to meet with him to discuss research options, I said yes... will you come with me?" she asked.

He could tell she was nervous, as he removed her hands from his body, and turned around in the shower cubicle. "Of course I will darlin," he replied, as he brushed a lock of hair out of her face. "When does he want us down?"

"Hm, he didn't say exactly, how long is it gonna take you to... you know," she replied cheekily, as her hand snaked back down to his semi hard cock.

"Darlin, after last night you might want to take it easy for a couple of days," he suggested, trying to head her off.

"I heal remember, try again," she pointed out with a smirk, as she stroked him back to attention.

"Fine, don't say I didn't warn you, " he replied, as he reached down and lifted her up by her perfect ass, her legs automatically wrapping around his waist.

When they left his room an hour later, Logan chuckled as she stumbled on shaky legs. "I tried to warn you,” he reminded her smugly.

"It was totally worth it," she replied, with a massive grin on her face, leaning into him as they stepped into the elevator to bypass the main mansion.

Both were apprehensive approaching the med lab, though they were pleasantly surprised to find only Hank was present, peering into a microscope oblivious to his surroundings. It took several knocks to catch his attention.

"Ah, thank you for coming, both of you. I am hoping we have made a breakthrough; it seems we were on the wrong track this whole time. Our original thought was the white blood cells, leukocytes, would need to be pre-activated, having already been exposed to an active viral infection but last night, in my sleep deprived state, I accidentally combined Rogue's 'healthy' leukocytes with a contaminated tissue sample from one of the students. This morning the sample was free of the virus. I've managed to recreate the scenario with 'healthy' leukocytes from both of you and calculated what I believe to be an adequate dose. I would like to move on to a human trial, with your blessing." He filled them in quickly, indicating toward a carpet of diagrams and notes layered across his desk.

"My only concern is my mutation causing trouble for other people, if my DNA can change me, what effect will in have on other people's base DNA?" Rogue asked concerned.

"From what I've observed, your leukocytes have done nothing to other DNA containing cells than transfer the DNA pattern of the virus to be attack - your leukocytes teach other leukocytes, however, Wolverine's do the same so I do not believe that is related to your mutation," Hank assured her.

"Who are you planning to use as your guinea pig?" Wolverine asked pointedly.

"Katherine Pryde has volunteered, I got her permission myself and she has signed a waiver... I do apologize Wolverine; I had no reason to disbelieve the information I was given regarding your participation..." Hank said by way of apology.

"It’s alright Hank, I figured that, what reason did they give for why I was out?" he asked curiously.

"Jean advised you requested the sedation because the locale was likely to trigger a feral reaction from you," Hank advised with a scowl, obviously annoyed that he had been lied to.

"A fair concern, given the circumstances," Wolverine grunted.

"So, what happens if this works?" Rogue continued, once the side chatter was done.

"If it works, I would like to take a significant supply of leukocytes from you both for future treatments. The dosage rate is small and should result in full recovery of the recipient within twenty-four hours, there is also the possibility to produce a vaccine of sorts for those who haven't been infected yet," Hank rattled off his plans.

"How long will it take to do all that?" Wolverine asked.

"I would like to give the first test at least seventy-two hours to be sure there are no side effects, after that, with your rate of recovery we could draw a substantial supply of leukocytes within the week, the same from Rogue, assuming she recovers as fast from the draws. We could have all the students treated within that week, I would also have to ask about whether you would be willing to allow the final treatment to be circulated to other organizations treating affected mutants; I would have to advise that the treatment will contain your DNA, if anyone was to test it..."

"It’s likely anyone who thinks to do that will already have, or have access to my DNA, perhaps not circulate any treatment made from Rogue," Wolverine suggested, glancing at Rogue questioningly.

"Could you mix leukocytes from the both of us? Wouldn't that mean that anyone trying to DNA test the treatment wouldn't be able to get a match to either of us because the DNA would be contaminated?" Rogue suggested. It wouldn't really be fair to leave the salvation of mutant-kind solely on Wolverine's shoulders after all.

Hank's eyes lit up. "You are indeed correct, I will need to check first that the leukocytes from each of you don't conflict but that may well be a suitable solution. I can begin research as soon as I can get further samples from both of you, now that the virus has had a chance to fully evacuate your system Wolverine," Hank requested, apologetically.

They both agreed, taking seats as Hank prepared what he needed to take samples from each of them. "Going forward, Wolverine, you would be best to assist Rogue in preparing for regular blood draws, prepare as if you are recovering from significant blood loss, whatever we don't need for the treatment we can be returned to you but we will be doing significant draws very frequently to build up a treatment stockpile," Hank advised, as he started the centrifuge he was using to separate the blood samples.

"Can I see Kitty before the procedure?" Rogue asked quietly, as they prepared to leave.

"Certainly, I've moved her into the room you and Wolverine were occupying, however, though you aren't affected by the virus I would request you stay outside the quarantine shield, purely to avoid risking cross contamination and spreading the virus. So long as you do that, I will clear the both of you to move around the mansion, just steer clear of the student dorms," the doctor agreed, as he showed them to the door.

Rogue visited with Kitty for about half an hour, while Wolverine waited for her after being introduced to the volunteer; they didn't need to voice that they were also making certain she was indeed fully up to speed with what she was volunteering for, and in full agreement.

"I wish I could hug you!" Rogue said, as she was getting ready to leave.

"Same, when I get out of here, I'll give you the biggest hug you've ever had in your life," Kitty told her, with a tired laugh and smile.

"You're gonna have your work cut out for you there," Rogue replied, with a wink and a nod toward her living shadow.

"Ooh Roguey, you been really busy" Kitty replied, with a mock shocked gasp, "You go girl, fill me in later, okay?”

"Sure will, you get some sleep, you'll feel better in no time I'm sure. See you on the other side." Rogue waved as she left the room with Wolverine.

"I hope this works," she murmured, as they made their way back to the elevator.

Logan pulled her into his arms as the car doors closed behind them. "It will work," he assured her with a smile. She really was a sweet girl, caring and compassionate, it softened his hardened heart enough to make him reconsider his threat to never return to the school.

"Yep, it will," she agreed determinedly. She squeezed him comfortingly as the elevator dinged, the doors opening to deposit them on the ground floor, and they made the way to the kitchen for food.

The cook was there, sighing dramatically as she began to rise from where she had been relaxed with a cup of tea, after having just finished serving breakfast to all the quarantined students. Rogue assured her they could fix their own breakfast, even offering to make something for her, which chuffed the aging woman, even though she declined.

After their late breakfast the pair headed back upstairs to bed. Though the minute they were in the privacy of Logan's room Marie stripped her clothes off again, parading around the room naked, she then moved on to stripping Logan off. He let her remove his shirts but stopped her when she got to his jeans. "You need to sleep Marie," he said consolingly.

"I'll sleep, I just want to feel," she assured him, trying again to reach for his pants.

"You're not going to be sleeping if my pants come off, you can feel enough for now, I'll make it up to you later," he replied, as he distracted her by picking her up and depositing her onto the bed. He followed her down, and wrapped her firmly in his arms to keep her in place, she gave up trying to change his mind a few minutes later, and quickly fell asleep.

--

Three days later a fully recovered, virus free Kitty was released from isolation, she greeted Rogue with a hug as she was finally allowed out. Gushing her thanks to both of them for their help, before she and Rogue disappeared off for lunch and girl talk.

For such a chatty girl, being cooped up sick and isolated for so long had Kitty absolutely busting to talk, and talk she did, for several hours and through two meals, before Rogue deposited her in another guest room for her to finally crash for the night.

All the students in quarantine on the dorms would be inoculated first thing tomorrow, in the hope no more would get sick. Those who were sick would begin treatment the day after in small groups so Jean and Hank could monitor their recovery. For now, those who were 'cured' would be housed on the guest wing as they were released from the med lab.

When she finally crawled into bed with Logan, she was exhausted.

"I thought you would be sleeping over with your friend tonight, she didn't seem to want to let you go," Logan said with a chuckle, as she cuddled up against his chest, her head resting over his heart.

"I'm sure she would have loved that but interacting with people is so much work," Marie answered him, with a tired sigh.

"Ain't that the truth," Logan mumbled as he pressed a kiss to her forehead, as he felt her relax against him.

Surprisingly though, she didn't fall asleep as he expected, when her leg moved to twine around his, her thigh rubbing suggestively against his groin he realised why.

"I'm curious, are you making up for lost time, or have I corrupted you?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Both sounds good," she replied with a smile in her voice, as she expanded on reaching her goal.

"You must be exhausted," Logan told her, they'd started multiple blood draws a day the day before so both their bodies were working overtime to replace what had been removed and couldn't be given back. "We should sleep," he suggested, placing a hand on her thigh to still her movements.

"No, we should fuck," Marie replied, "Please, don’t make me bring out the puppy dog eyes," she added, pushing herself up so she could pout at him.

"You remember what happened last time I warned you about overdoing it? I had to carry you up the stairs," Logan reminded her with a chuckle, placing a kiss on the tip of her nose.

"We don’t have to go anywhere until tomorrow, that's plenty of time to sleep, come on, stop being such an old man," she teased.

With a growl Logan flipped them over. "Old man? I’ll show you old man you little minx," he mock threatened, as he began to methodically strip off her clothes.

It wasn't long before they were both naked and wanting but he was determined to teach her a lesson about being a tease and being careful what she wished for. He wasn’t trying to distract himself from the fact that, all going well, he would be out of here in a few days, never to return.

--

Marie was gasping for breath as she came down from another amazing orgasm, it wasn’t helping her recover that Logan hadn't ceased his attentions on her body. His hard cock was pounding her mercilessly as he nipped and fondled her breasts. One of her legs was over his shoulder, the other wrapped around his waist as he pistoned into her.

They had been at it for hours, and she'd given up trying to keep quiet in deference to the new resident of their floor. She had lost count of the number of times she had come, and she knew they would definitely need to change the sheets when they were done but she didn't want to be done. She definitely didn't want to think that this would be one of the last times they would be together.

"More, I need more," she panted, she was close but this position just wasn’t quite doing it for her anymore, he'd already got her off twice in this position. He slammed into hard, with a snarl, crushing her clit and sending delicious shivers through her body as he came inside her. "Don't stop, please don’t stop," she begged, as he withdrew from her wet heat.

"Oh darlin, we ain't done yet," Logan replied with a feral grin, as he flipped her over, pulling her hips up off the bed. They hadn't done it this way before but as he forced his cock deep into her tight core Marie decided they would definitely do this again.

As he rocked into her with increasing ferocity, she pushed herself up off the mattress, moving her hands to the headboard on front of her so she could push back against him. He leaned forward over her back, placing one hand on the headboard beside hers as he pinched her clit with his other hand. She came with a shout before collapsing onto the bed, for a few moments she wasn't aware of anything but as sensation came back she could feel him slamming into her hard enough to push her hard into the pillows, one of which she caught hold of as she bit down on it to keep from crying out. A moment later he bit her hard on the back of her shoulder as he spasmed inside her as he came, pushing her over the edge again.

He dragged them both over to lie spooned on the bed together, as he gently lapped at the bite on her shoulder, sending little zings of pleasure through her every time he did. He was growling deeply as he caught his breath, an arm wrapped tightly around her waist holding her in place where he was still buried inside her. After a few minutes he mumbled against her neck, "Shit, I'm sorry about that."

"Don't be," she murmured in response, floating somewhere between pleasure and sleep, "That was amazing, fantastic, when can we do it again?"

Logan huffed a laugh. "Wake me sometime next week," he muttered, as he worried the flesh on the side of her neck, alternating between sharp little nips and gentle lapping sucks. If not for the fact she healed now she would have no doubt been all shades of interesting colours the next day.

They fell asleep still joined, both wracking their brains trying to figure out how to get the other to stay with them.
Chapter 5 by erro
Two weeks later the school was almost back up and running, classes were due to start the next day. Though all the students had been cleared to return to the dorms Marie and he were still sharing a bed every night.

Logan had come to the conclusion that he was hurting both of them by dragging this, whatever 'this' was, out longer than it needed to go. Hank had finished taking samples from them two days before, the 'treatment' had been shipped all over the continent, effectively wiping out the virus before it could take too much of a toll.

Last night he had said goodbye, not with words he never did that, never had never would, but as he made love to Marie that night, he had a feeling she knew that was what it was. It was the first time in his life he could say that was what they had done, made love, it had always seemed like such a pretentious phrase, but he knew now why people made the distinction.

Their coupling this morning had been more frantic, neither wanting to lose their connection before Marie's stomach rumbled and reminded them food existed. They did it again in the shower before Logan tore himself away from her and left her to begin her day. As he was leaving the room, their room, he was sure he could scent her tears on the humid air wafting from the bathroom. He closed the door and kept on walking.

He was finished eating by the time she came down to the dining room and joined her friends for breakfast, so he beat a hasty retreat to pack his belongings, intending to hit the road before she was done. In his haste he didn't notice that everything of Marie's was already cleared out of the room.

Briefly he considered leaving a memento for her, something for her to remember him by, before deciding that would be cruel, and possibly give her the illusion he might one day return. He didn't want her to wait for him, he was not coming back, he wanted her to move on, forget about him, be happy, she couldn't do that with a constant reminder of him. He spied a pair of her panties hanging off the bedside lamp where one of them had haphazardly thrown them and pocketed them before he could think better of it.

And with that he was gone.

He stalked silently to the garage where his motorcycle was parked nearest the exit. He was lost in trying not to think; to think meant to regret, and he was too close to her to be doing that yet. That was how he found himself standing in front of his motorcycle, Marie leaning casually against the black and chrome machine, her own pack, stowed on the rack on the back of the bike.

"Well you took your time," she said sarcastically, as he stood staring at her in open mouthed shock. "Let's go," she added, hoping to boost him into action before he stopped to think about what she was doing.

Shaking himself out of his daze he tried to reason with her, she was obviously intending to come with him. "Marie, you can't... you belong here, I can't take you away from this. My life isn't any good for you."

"Your life isn't any good for you either but if it's the only way I can have you, I'll take it; grab hold of it with both hands and never let go. I love you Logan and I won't lose that, I've lost enough in my life but I draw the line at you," Marie replied resolutely. He'd come to know her well enough to know that was her 'you're not changing my mind’ tone.

He stepped up to her, cradling her cheek in his gloved hand. Spying the split in the leather where he had popped a claw the first time he had touched her, he realised, he couldn't leave her behind. He would forever be tied to this place if he did. He leaned down to her and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

"I'm not as fantastic as you seem to think I am, I can be a bit of an asshole, I'm stubborn as fuck and I don't like learning new tricks. I can't guarantee you a home, I can't promise you stability, but I do promise to love you, no matter what, for as long as you'll have me. I love you Marie," he told her, pouring as much god-honest truth in his statement as he could.

"That's all I need Logan," she replied with a smile, "Now are we going or what?"

With a grin he tied his pack to the rack before sliding a leg over the hulking motorcycle, he offered a hand to Marie so she could climb on too. With a tug he seated her right up behind him, plastered to his back as he wrapped her arms around him. They rolled down the driveway and out the gate unnoticed by all.

--

Two days later, in some unnamed motel, in god knows where, Logan heard his cell phone ring. Slipping out of the arms of a sleeping Marie, he dug through his pack to find the device. The caller ID told him it was Xavier and he seriously consider just chucking the whole thing out the window, until a thought occurred to him.

"What?" he growled, as he answered the phone.

"Wolverine, I understand you asked not to be contacted but we have been unable to locate Rogue, did you see her before you left?" Xavier asked, cutting straight to his point in case he decided to hang up on him.

"I did," he replied, lips twitching as a grin tried to break out.

"Did she mention anything to you about leaving?" Xavier queried.

"She did," Logan confirmed.

"Do you have any idea where she may be?" The man grilled, beginning to sound exasperated.

Logan chuckled with a smile as he watched her chest gently rise and fall as the girl in question slept. "I do," he answered, and promptly hung up. He switched the phone off, before Xavier could call back, before sliding back into bed.

If the old man knew what was good for him, that would be the last time either of them heard from him.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=4227