The Legacy of Betrayal by erro
Summary: Tragedy threatens the lives of all mutants, with only one possibility of 'salvation'. Xavier takes action but do the ends justify the means?

AN: My first attempt uploading from my phone so I apologise for any formatting errors.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Adult, Drama, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 15291 Read: 12627 Published: 04/21/2020 Updated: 04/25/2020
Chapter 4 by erro
The next morning, they both woke slowly, they had shifted in their sleep, still entwined, for maximum skin on skin contact. Rogue was sleepily running her hand over his chest, periodically scraping her fingernails across his nipple, giggling every time he growled when she did.

He was about to step things up a notch when the phone rang. With an irritated growl he rolled over and grabbed for the phone. "What?"

"Wolverine, I'm not sure which extension Rogue is on, could you ask her to phone the med lab, please," Hank asked, politely, though sounding stressed.

"Sure, give me a minute," he told the phone before hanging up. "Hank asked you to call the med lab," he advised Rogue, as he dropped the phone on the bed beside her, "Unless you want him to know you're here, give it a minute before you ring back."

"Would you have a problem if anyone knew I was here?" she asked curiously, rolling over on the bed and snatching up the phone.

"Nope, I'm not the one who lives here with these people, I don’t care what they think," he said, as he walked into the bathroom. He heard the phone dial and he pushed the door shut so he didn't disturb her conversation.

A few minutes later, as he was standing under the hot spray of the shower, he heard a muffled click and the door squeaked open. The shower door opened a moment later as Rogue stepped in behind him, sliding her hot little hands around his waist, one heading north as the other headed south.

"What did Hank want?" he asked, trying to distract himself from what her hands were doing. He really should stop her, otherwise this was going to get out of hand, and he didn't think she was ready for more yet.

"He wanted to know if I was willing to meet with him to discuss research options, I said yes... will you come with me?" she asked.

He could tell she was nervous, as he removed her hands from his body, and turned around in the shower cubicle. "Of course I will darlin," he replied, as he brushed a lock of hair out of her face. "When does he want us down?"

"Hm, he didn't say exactly, how long is it gonna take you to... you know," she replied cheekily, as her hand snaked back down to his semi hard cock.

"Darlin, after last night you might want to take it easy for a couple of days," he suggested, trying to head her off.

"I heal remember, try again," she pointed out with a smirk, as she stroked him back to attention.

"Fine, don't say I didn't warn you, " he replied, as he reached down and lifted her up by her perfect ass, her legs automatically wrapping around his waist.

When they left his room an hour later, Logan chuckled as she stumbled on shaky legs. "I tried to warn you,” he reminded her smugly.

"It was totally worth it," she replied, with a massive grin on her face, leaning into him as they stepped into the elevator to bypass the main mansion.

Both were apprehensive approaching the med lab, though they were pleasantly surprised to find only Hank was present, peering into a microscope oblivious to his surroundings. It took several knocks to catch his attention.

"Ah, thank you for coming, both of you. I am hoping we have made a breakthrough; it seems we were on the wrong track this whole time. Our original thought was the white blood cells, leukocytes, would need to be pre-activated, having already been exposed to an active viral infection but last night, in my sleep deprived state, I accidentally combined Rogue's 'healthy' leukocytes with a contaminated tissue sample from one of the students. This morning the sample was free of the virus. I've managed to recreate the scenario with 'healthy' leukocytes from both of you and calculated what I believe to be an adequate dose. I would like to move on to a human trial, with your blessing." He filled them in quickly, indicating toward a carpet of diagrams and notes layered across his desk.

"My only concern is my mutation causing trouble for other people, if my DNA can change me, what effect will in have on other people's base DNA?" Rogue asked concerned.

"From what I've observed, your leukocytes have done nothing to other DNA containing cells than transfer the DNA pattern of the virus to be attack - your leukocytes teach other leukocytes, however, Wolverine's do the same so I do not believe that is related to your mutation," Hank assured her.

"Who are you planning to use as your guinea pig?" Wolverine asked pointedly.

"Katherine Pryde has volunteered, I got her permission myself and she has signed a waiver... I do apologize Wolverine; I had no reason to disbelieve the information I was given regarding your participation..." Hank said by way of apology.

"It’s alright Hank, I figured that, what reason did they give for why I was out?" he asked curiously.

"Jean advised you requested the sedation because the locale was likely to trigger a feral reaction from you," Hank advised with a scowl, obviously annoyed that he had been lied to.

"A fair concern, given the circumstances," Wolverine grunted.

"So, what happens if this works?" Rogue continued, once the side chatter was done.

"If it works, I would like to take a significant supply of leukocytes from you both for future treatments. The dosage rate is small and should result in full recovery of the recipient within twenty-four hours, there is also the possibility to produce a vaccine of sorts for those who haven't been infected yet," Hank rattled off his plans.

"How long will it take to do all that?" Wolverine asked.

"I would like to give the first test at least seventy-two hours to be sure there are no side effects, after that, with your rate of recovery we could draw a substantial supply of leukocytes within the week, the same from Rogue, assuming she recovers as fast from the draws. We could have all the students treated within that week, I would also have to ask about whether you would be willing to allow the final treatment to be circulated to other organizations treating affected mutants; I would have to advise that the treatment will contain your DNA, if anyone was to test it..."

"It’s likely anyone who thinks to do that will already have, or have access to my DNA, perhaps not circulate any treatment made from Rogue," Wolverine suggested, glancing at Rogue questioningly.

"Could you mix leukocytes from the both of us? Wouldn't that mean that anyone trying to DNA test the treatment wouldn't be able to get a match to either of us because the DNA would be contaminated?" Rogue suggested. It wouldn't really be fair to leave the salvation of mutant-kind solely on Wolverine's shoulders after all.

Hank's eyes lit up. "You are indeed correct, I will need to check first that the leukocytes from each of you don't conflict but that may well be a suitable solution. I can begin research as soon as I can get further samples from both of you, now that the virus has had a chance to fully evacuate your system Wolverine," Hank requested, apologetically.

They both agreed, taking seats as Hank prepared what he needed to take samples from each of them. "Going forward, Wolverine, you would be best to assist Rogue in preparing for regular blood draws, prepare as if you are recovering from significant blood loss, whatever we don't need for the treatment we can be returned to you but we will be doing significant draws very frequently to build up a treatment stockpile," Hank advised, as he started the centrifuge he was using to separate the blood samples.

"Can I see Kitty before the procedure?" Rogue asked quietly, as they prepared to leave.

"Certainly, I've moved her into the room you and Wolverine were occupying, however, though you aren't affected by the virus I would request you stay outside the quarantine shield, purely to avoid risking cross contamination and spreading the virus. So long as you do that, I will clear the both of you to move around the mansion, just steer clear of the student dorms," the doctor agreed, as he showed them to the door.

Rogue visited with Kitty for about half an hour, while Wolverine waited for her after being introduced to the volunteer; they didn't need to voice that they were also making certain she was indeed fully up to speed with what she was volunteering for, and in full agreement.

"I wish I could hug you!" Rogue said, as she was getting ready to leave.

"Same, when I get out of here, I'll give you the biggest hug you've ever had in your life," Kitty told her, with a tired laugh and smile.

"You're gonna have your work cut out for you there," Rogue replied, with a wink and a nod toward her living shadow.

"Ooh Roguey, you been really busy" Kitty replied, with a mock shocked gasp, "You go girl, fill me in later, okay?”

"Sure will, you get some sleep, you'll feel better in no time I'm sure. See you on the other side." Rogue waved as she left the room with Wolverine.

"I hope this works," she murmured, as they made their way back to the elevator.

Logan pulled her into his arms as the car doors closed behind them. "It will work," he assured her with a smile. She really was a sweet girl, caring and compassionate, it softened his hardened heart enough to make him reconsider his threat to never return to the school.

"Yep, it will," she agreed determinedly. She squeezed him comfortingly as the elevator dinged, the doors opening to deposit them on the ground floor, and they made the way to the kitchen for food.

The cook was there, sighing dramatically as she began to rise from where she had been relaxed with a cup of tea, after having just finished serving breakfast to all the quarantined students. Rogue assured her they could fix their own breakfast, even offering to make something for her, which chuffed the aging woman, even though she declined.

After their late breakfast the pair headed back upstairs to bed. Though the minute they were in the privacy of Logan's room Marie stripped her clothes off again, parading around the room naked, she then moved on to stripping Logan off. He let her remove his shirts but stopped her when she got to his jeans. "You need to sleep Marie," he said consolingly.

"I'll sleep, I just want to feel," she assured him, trying again to reach for his pants.

"You're not going to be sleeping if my pants come off, you can feel enough for now, I'll make it up to you later," he replied, as he distracted her by picking her up and depositing her onto the bed. He followed her down, and wrapped her firmly in his arms to keep her in place, she gave up trying to change his mind a few minutes later, and quickly fell asleep.

--

Three days later a fully recovered, virus free Kitty was released from isolation, she greeted Rogue with a hug as she was finally allowed out. Gushing her thanks to both of them for their help, before she and Rogue disappeared off for lunch and girl talk.

For such a chatty girl, being cooped up sick and isolated for so long had Kitty absolutely busting to talk, and talk she did, for several hours and through two meals, before Rogue deposited her in another guest room for her to finally crash for the night.

All the students in quarantine on the dorms would be inoculated first thing tomorrow, in the hope no more would get sick. Those who were sick would begin treatment the day after in small groups so Jean and Hank could monitor their recovery. For now, those who were 'cured' would be housed on the guest wing as they were released from the med lab.

When she finally crawled into bed with Logan, she was exhausted.

"I thought you would be sleeping over with your friend tonight, she didn't seem to want to let you go," Logan said with a chuckle, as she cuddled up against his chest, her head resting over his heart.

"I'm sure she would have loved that but interacting with people is so much work," Marie answered him, with a tired sigh.

"Ain't that the truth," Logan mumbled as he pressed a kiss to her forehead, as he felt her relax against him.

Surprisingly though, she didn't fall asleep as he expected, when her leg moved to twine around his, her thigh rubbing suggestively against his groin he realised why.

"I'm curious, are you making up for lost time, or have I corrupted you?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Both sounds good," she replied with a smile in her voice, as she expanded on reaching her goal.

"You must be exhausted," Logan told her, they'd started multiple blood draws a day the day before so both their bodies were working overtime to replace what had been removed and couldn't be given back. "We should sleep," he suggested, placing a hand on her thigh to still her movements.

"No, we should fuck," Marie replied, "Please, don’t make me bring out the puppy dog eyes," she added, pushing herself up so she could pout at him.

"You remember what happened last time I warned you about overdoing it? I had to carry you up the stairs," Logan reminded her with a chuckle, placing a kiss on the tip of her nose.

"We don’t have to go anywhere until tomorrow, that's plenty of time to sleep, come on, stop being such an old man," she teased.

With a growl Logan flipped them over. "Old man? I’ll show you old man you little minx," he mock threatened, as he began to methodically strip off her clothes.

It wasn't long before they were both naked and wanting but he was determined to teach her a lesson about being a tease and being careful what she wished for. He wasn’t trying to distract himself from the fact that, all going well, he would be out of here in a few days, never to return.

--

Marie was gasping for breath as she came down from another amazing orgasm, it wasn’t helping her recover that Logan hadn't ceased his attentions on her body. His hard cock was pounding her mercilessly as he nipped and fondled her breasts. One of her legs was over his shoulder, the other wrapped around his waist as he pistoned into her.

They had been at it for hours, and she'd given up trying to keep quiet in deference to the new resident of their floor. She had lost count of the number of times she had come, and she knew they would definitely need to change the sheets when they were done but she didn't want to be done. She definitely didn't want to think that this would be one of the last times they would be together.

"More, I need more," she panted, she was close but this position just wasn’t quite doing it for her anymore, he'd already got her off twice in this position. He slammed into hard, with a snarl, crushing her clit and sending delicious shivers through her body as he came inside her. "Don't stop, please don’t stop," she begged, as he withdrew from her wet heat.

"Oh darlin, we ain't done yet," Logan replied with a feral grin, as he flipped her over, pulling her hips up off the bed. They hadn't done it this way before but as he forced his cock deep into her tight core Marie decided they would definitely do this again.

As he rocked into her with increasing ferocity, she pushed herself up off the mattress, moving her hands to the headboard on front of her so she could push back against him. He leaned forward over her back, placing one hand on the headboard beside hers as he pinched her clit with his other hand. She came with a shout before collapsing onto the bed, for a few moments she wasn't aware of anything but as sensation came back she could feel him slamming into her hard enough to push her hard into the pillows, one of which she caught hold of as she bit down on it to keep from crying out. A moment later he bit her hard on the back of her shoulder as he spasmed inside her as he came, pushing her over the edge again.

He dragged them both over to lie spooned on the bed together, as he gently lapped at the bite on her shoulder, sending little zings of pleasure through her every time he did. He was growling deeply as he caught his breath, an arm wrapped tightly around her waist holding her in place where he was still buried inside her. After a few minutes he mumbled against her neck, "Shit, I'm sorry about that."

"Don't be," she murmured in response, floating somewhere between pleasure and sleep, "That was amazing, fantastic, when can we do it again?"

Logan huffed a laugh. "Wake me sometime next week," he muttered, as he worried the flesh on the side of her neck, alternating between sharp little nips and gentle lapping sucks. If not for the fact she healed now she would have no doubt been all shades of interesting colours the next day.

They fell asleep still joined, both wracking their brains trying to figure out how to get the other to stay with them.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=4227