A Smile Heals by Storm Tango
Summary: As the cure starts to fade from Marie's body and her mutation reemerges, the physical changes inadvertently causes her to miscarriage.
Categories: X3 Characters: None
Genres: Adult
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 369 Read: 1919 Published: 02/01/2013 Updated: 02/01/2013

1. Chapter 1 by Storm Tango

Chapter 1 by Storm Tango
Ah place two folded bed sheets across mah art bench. Ah undress an tape a sheet of drawing paper onto mah bench board and lay out mah pencils on top of the sheets. Ah straddle the bench nude and begin to draw. Ah feel the slight discomfort in my womb and just focus on that feel, and begin to imagine an let mah hands start to sketch a part of how ah am feeling, jus letting the feel flow from within, through mah heart, to mah hand onto the sheet of paper.

And in mah mind, ah dream and ah feel his presence in the room. He sees me drawing. Ah am aware of his presence but continue to focus on the paper. He slowly walks over to the bench and straddles it behind me. Ah feel the warmth of his body against mah back, then feel his right hand touch mah hand and clasps his hand around mine, directing the pencil. He starts to draw and ah slowly withdraw mah hand from his. Ah feel his breath against mah right ear. He whispers to me, "Darlin, how are you feeling today?" Tears jus begin to fall from mah eyes. Ah close them and ah hoarsely answer, "Better, much better. The exercises ah been doing makes the healing faster." Ah feel his lips, tender and soft, kiss the nape of my neck. He places the pencil down and takes mah hand, caressing the back of mah hand with his fingers. He stands up behind me and bends down and lifts me up and carries me over to our bed. He places me on mah left side and spoons himself behind me. We lay there, with his arms encircling me, feeling the breeze over us. Silently we lay, together, embraced closely to each other. Ah whisper to him, "Thank you."

Mah eyes open and mah heart twinge as the memory of him walking out of our lives floods mah mind. But then ah look at the page and see mah sketch begin to come to life. It is hope ah see across the page, love and forgiveness of mahself for losing our child. Ah sketch ah've made of Logan's smile.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=4006