Hotel by Sparroe
Summary: Shipper Edited 3/06/2012 Now Beta-Read thanks to WolvieDoesItBest Chapter 9 has been updated thanks.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Adult
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 22 Completed: Yes Word count: 28490 Read: 130919 Published: 02/28/2012 Updated: 05/28/2012
Story Notes:
Edited 3/06/2012

1. Chapter 1 by Sparroe

2. Chapter 2 by Sparroe

3. Chapter 3 by Sparroe

4. Chapter 4 by Sparroe

5. Chapter 5 by Sparroe

6. Chapter 6 by Sparroe

7. Chapter 7 by Sparroe

8. Chapter 8 by Sparroe

9. Chapter 9 by Sparroe

10. Chapter 10 by Sparroe

11. Chapter 11 by Sparroe

12. Chapter 12 by Sparroe

13. Chapter 13 by Sparroe

14. Chapter 14 by Sparroe

15. Chapter 15 by Sparroe

16. Chapter 16 by Sparroe

17. Chapter 17 by Sparroe

18. Chapter 18 by Sparroe

19. Chapter 19 by Sparroe

20. Chapter 20 by Sparroe

21. Chapter 21 by Sparroe

22. Epilogue by Sparroe

Chapter 1 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Edited
Logan:

I had got off at a bus station a couple miles back. I was going nowhere. I just had to get out of there. I heard a car behind me 'here we go, either it’s a cop or a hunter.’ The car was a black Dodge Avenger it slowed, I heard the window roll down and then this sultry voice asked “You need a ride sugah?” Thankful that it wasn’t a man, the next words shocked me, “I swear I don’t bite unless you’re into that kinda thing.” I felt my eyebrow shoot up. “Yea I need a ride. Thanks.”

I got in the car and adjusted my seat we pulled off. The radio was on I could hear “Big Balls” by AC/DC playing and she was humming along. Huh, a girl after my own heart. We rode for a few minutes; I waited for the questions to begin. I grew impatient, “So you’re not going ask me my name or what I’m doing out here?” I was looking at her now; her hair was dark auburn with two white streaks framing her face. When she glanced at me I noticed that her eyes were a vivid green. “Damn you talk a lot,” she said. I growled it wasn’t human but this girl was being aggravating. I couldn’t help it. She laughed. Huh? She finally said, “Fine. What’s your name and why are you out here?” am not proud I grumbled. I heard the temper in her voice, “YOU asked why I didn’t ask and when I do ask, you act like I started it.” I sighed, “Name’s Logan. Am out here because I wanted time to think.” And get away from a certain redhead.

I waited for her to tell me her name. ‘Grrr this kid.’ I demanded, “Well?” “Well what?” she asked innocently. “NAME.” I said through clenched teeth. “Oh. Rogue.” I looked at her. “What?” she asked. “Is that your real name? How old are you?” Rogue rolled her eyes, “Yes and am ole’ enough.” Yeah I thought old enough to get me arrested, “Are you legal?” She smiled “In what state?” I groaned. ‘You have to be fucking kidding me. “Do your parents know where you are?” “What parents? I said am ole enough.” I let out a breath.

For the next hour we rode in silence until I heard her take a breath, “Hungary?” “Yea, sure.” We rode for another thirty minutes before we stopped at a place called Jake’s. It was a biker bar as she parked I looked at her. “Are you comin’ are not?” she said getting out. I couldn’t not go in. I followed behind her and the first thing I noticed about was her long legs clad in tight black leather pants. As my eyes went up her long hair was pulled over her shoulder, her top was a black jean vest. I saw what looked like a tattoo on her left shoulder.

I followed her in to Jake’s and the smell of blood and urine hit me hard. We walked to a table in the back. I noticed that men and women looked at her as she walked past. “Really?” I asked. She shrugged watching the waitress walk toward us. “What can I get cha?” “Whatever’s on tap and a cheeseburger with fries.” She turned to Rogue. “Um let me get a glass of sweet tea and hot wings.” “OK sugah be back in a jiffy,” the waitress said. Rogue watched her walk away but I was staring at her, this kid was weird. First off she picked me up and two she didn’t talk as much as the other girls her age that I knew. Three, something was off about her. “What?” “Nothing.”
I looked around the bar and wondered do they all look the same. She put her hands on the table, “So what’s with the flannel shirt? You a logger?” I shook my head laughing, “No. I just like them, they’re comfortable. Now let me ask you something you a stripper?” She glared and said, “Hahaha. You’re so funny. I use to be.” I winced oops. She laughed, “The look on your face!” I shook my head “oh man what have I got myself in to.’ “Why did you stop here?” I asked. “Um. When I come down here I usually stop here. The food is good.” I thought ‘yea that’s why you come here.’

The waitress brought our drinks. Rogue sipped her tea looking around. “Where are you going?” I asked taking a gulp of my beer. “New Orleans, I know a guy there and he says he has a job for me.” “Do you mind if I ride along? I’ll pay for myself.” Rogue looked at me “You’re not wanted or a killer or a rapist are you?” I laughed “now you’re worried. No, no, no and if I was any of those things do you think I’d tell you.” She laughed, “Guess not. Okay you can ride along.” The waitress brought our food and our conversation died.
Chapter 2 by Sparroe
Rogue:
I had just finished my wings, when my cell rang. The caller ID read REMY. I sighed, “Hello?”
“Where are you Chere’?”
“About two days out.”
“Ok call me when you hit city limits.”
“Will do.”
I put the phone up. I sipped my tea Logan wasn’t paying me any attention, his forehead was crinkled in thought, I guess. So I studied his face, there was lines at his eyes. So he was older than I first thought. His eyes were brown and wild. There were scars scattered across his hands. “Can I help you?” I jumped, uh-oh. “Nope just staring in space trying to remember if there’s a hotel aroun’ here?”
He looked like he doubted me; he pulled out his wallet and laid down a twenty. “I can pay for my own meal thanks!”
“Consider it payment for the ride. Ready?”
“Sure let me get a to-go cup.”
I got my tea and we went to the car. As I followed him to the car, I noticed that he had biker boots, fitted jeans and a jean jacket on. ‘He’s got a nice ass.’ I was about to open the door when he asked, “Who was on the phone?” ‘Really? That’s just rude.’ I sighed, “This guy Remy his got a job for me.”
“OK.” He opened the door and got in. ‘what the hell was that about?’ I shook my head. “Where are we going now?”
“To a hotel. I don’t know ‘bout you, but am sleepy.”
He just nodded. It only took ten minutes to get to the hotel called Red Rose. I parked in front of the office. I got out with Logan right behind me. The lady at the desk looked bored. She was about sixty. “We need two rooms.”
She never looked up, “I got one.” Oh this was going to fun. “Ok.” He looked at me like I was crazy. I paid for the room. She handed me the key. We walked out of the office. “Take the key and go to the room, I’ll park the car.” I handed him the key, he got his bag and started walked to the room. I watched him for a few minutes.
I parked and grabbed my duffel bag and purse and walked to the room. The door was cracked. I heard the shower running. His bag lay on the bed closest to the door. I threw my bags on to the bed closest to the bathroom and sprawled across it. The bathroom door opened I sat up on my elbows. He stood there in only a towel, his muscles rippled as he moved, they looked slick and made me think bad things, and it was obvious that he was no push over. His dark hair was slicked back. ‘Oh God!’ I grabbed my duffle bag and walked past him, brushing him slightly, into the bathroom. ‘Damn! Where do they make them like that at?’
Chapter 3 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
If you have suggestions or questions let me know and if you figure out what show am talking about YAY. Edited
Logan:

I saw the look on her face when I came out of the shower. She looked like she was curious but scared. That was always a good thing to be. When I saw her lying on the bed, I felt like a dirty old man. Her vest had risen up on her stomach and I saw what looked like another tattoo on her right hip. I wanted to discover them ‘ok now that’s perverted Logan quit’, she brush pass me to get in the bathroom I felt her leather vest that was tight over her breast rub against my chest. As she closed the door I shook my head to clear it; I turned the TV on and pulled a pair of sweats on. I caught myself listening for the shower ‘Logan she isn’t even your type.’ After a few minutes I heard it turn on ‘she must’ve peeled those pants off.’ I grounded my teeth ‘she’s a kid.’

I started flipping the channels and landed on some supernatural show on the CW. I heard the shower turn off, five minutes later the bathroom door opened. She was in a black tank-top and pink shorts with the word Hello-Kitty written on them ‘What the Hell?’ She sat on her bed going through her bag and pulled out a hair brush. As she bushed her hair her focus was on the TV, “Oooo. The Tall one’s cute.”

I rolled my eyes, “I don’t think he’s your type.”

“Why would you say that?”

“One I figure you for the type of girl who looks at the “Bad Boys” but really you want someone you can bring home to mama and two he has a few problems.”

“Like what?”

“He sees things, like Satan and he’s unstable.”

“Well he sounds like every guy I ever dated.”

I studied her for a moment, she was intently watching as the “Tall one” got married. Well she clearly wasn’t fazed by the information and it made me think about myself. ‘Whoa bub she don’t deserve our problems.’ I put the remote on the table and lay down on the bed. I heard her sigh; she put the brush in her bag. She walked to the head of the bed and pulled back the covers, my stomach clenched as I watched. I felt something awaken and quickly changed the course of my thoughts.

I cleared my throat, “Do you sleep with the TV on?” Rogue replied sleepily, “It doesn’t matter one way or the other.”

Those words were the last spoken for the night as I heard her breathing slow. I saw her silhouette and thought ‘hmm this could get interesting.’
End Notes:
REVIEW please I don't really know where this is heading.
Chapter 4 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
This one is a little longer cause I didn't have homework. English - 111 doesn't always help with the grammar sorry. Edited.
Rogue:
I woke at my usual time too damn early, I knew my hair was a mess and my top lip felt like it was swollen. ‘Just great.’ I heard laughing on the other side of the room. I glared at him, “What?” He took a breath in between laughing and said, “You look like something outta da Loin King!” He then proceeded to fall back on the bed holding his stomach and laughing. ‘Am end up killing him.’ I threw the covers off, grabbed my bag and stomped into the bathroom. I could hear him still laughing as I changed into a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I mumbled that’s the last time I try helping a stranger.
After I fixed my mane and put a little make-up on, enough to hide a few scars, I walked out. He had changed while I was in the bathroom. He glanced at me and one side of his mouth pulled up. ‘Grrrrr.’ “Are you ready to go?” I said harshly, which only made him grin harder. He nodded at me, ‘Sonuhbitch.’ Stupid man, the last man that saw me like that was dead. He picked up his bag and walked out the door. “Hey you got the key?” “Yea, I’ll turn it in.” I watched as he walked to the office, ‘I could leave him here. No you can’t Rogue.’ I shook my head and headed for the car.
I cranked the car and was switching stations. I was singing to “Angel” by Amanda Perez when he pulled the door open, I jumped. There was another grin on his damn smug face that I just might slap off pretty soon. As he threw his bag in the back and slid in, I put the car in gear and peeled out of the parking lot heading for the highway.
The car was silent when my phone rang ‘Motha-‘, “Hello.” “I thought you needed the money?” “Nope, I don’t need their money.” “You done figured who want to hire ya?” “Yeap and I ain’t doing it.” The phone went silent. ‘Wow Remy real mature.”
“You still going to New Orleans?” “Nope, there ain’t no way in hell I’d ever work for that client even if it would save my life.” I could feel his eyes on me, “So, where you headed?” He settled back in the seat, “Nowhere, anywhere.” ‘Hmm, wonder what that’s about.’ I shrugged, “Oh well. You’re not one of those teddy bear kinda guys are ya?” “What the hell does that mean?” I could hear the anger in his voice, which made me grin, hehe. I said, “You know what I’m talkn’ bout. Those guys that are big but refuse to hit people or kill bugs.” I got a growl for those words which made me grin harder.
“No. I fight when I’ve gotta. Why?” I felt his eyes watching and I could tell his was wary. “Cuz’ I gotta make some money.” “What does that got to do with me?” I sighed, “Cuz I don’t need to worry ‘bout you while I fighting.” He laughed, “Nope, I ain’t got a problem with you fighting. I’m all for independent women.” I rolled my eyes, idjit.
Five hours later
I pulled into a place called Grate; this was not my first time being here. A good fight was always promised here. Logan looked at me as a pulled the keys out of the ignition, “What is it with you and these back water places?” “Wadda mean?” “I mean a girl like you don’t belong in a place like this,” he was leaning against the tail-light as I was going through my bag, I stopped and looked at him, this time in the eye and said, “You ain’t the first to tell me that Logan, but I like places like this. If you don’t like it you can stay out here or start walking.” I found my gloves and pulled them. I started walking to the fight club, legally “the bar”, I felt him behind me. I pulled off my jacket off as I walked in, looking around I could see it was a good crowd.
I walked up to bar, “Hey Sal, can I get two beers?” “Well I’ll be damned! How ’ya been girl?” I smiled, “Good, quit this morning,” He grinned at me as he put the beers on the counter, “I see. That’s why yer here. Well Jack said he had a feeling he’d be seeing you soon.” I looked around handing Logan his beer, I saw him grimace, “Is that so? Well he needs to pay his bills rite?” “He’ll be asking for non-sign-ups soon so go get changed and have a couple more beers.” “Will do.”
Logan and I walk to a booth, “Come here often?” He raised an eyebrow; I couldn’t help it I laughed. “That is the worst pick-up line ever.” He sipped his beer and shrugged, “Hey it works.” “Oh whatevea,” I shook my head at him, “on who? Some dumb blond or a trampy redhead?” I saw him wince; well, well did I just hit an open wound? Good. “Yea, even on smart brunettes,” he winked, “I have a certain charm.” “Well it won’t work on this one.” He looked at me intently, I laughed and he growled. “Ya know some girls laugh when they’re nervous.” I smiled at him, “It takes a lot to make me nervous, and your game is so wack.”
Then Jack stepped in the cage “Okay main fights are over. Anybody wanna make some money?” “That’s me.” I left Logan at the table drinking his beer and looking at a redhead in a micro-mini, ‘ugh. Nasty.” Figures that was his type, no meat on her boney ass. I would never understand men, ever. I shifted my focus back to the situation. As I walked to the caged, there were no butterflies, no queasiness; I felt so comfortable. This was what I was trained for after all.
End Notes:
Tell me what you like and don't like. Thanks
Chapter 5 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
I need a beta-reader, sigh.Edited.
Logan:

I heard her words but the redhead by the bar looked so familiar my chest hurt. ‘Quit makin’ a fool outta yerself”, I shook my head and looked around for the ‘kid’. My eyes found her almost immediately. She stood in the center of the cage with a lard of a man and apparently she had changed while I was focusing on not being an animal. Rogue had on a black sports bra with black silk shorts and her hair was pulled up in a high ponytail.

I picked up my beer and headed for the cage; while I walked I noticed that there was another man in the ring with them. He was tall and large, suddenly I grew worried for her ‘If he hurts her I’ll kill him.’ ‘Whoa what the hell?’ The lard of a man said, “Ladies and Gentleman tonight and tonight only our former and gorgeous champion, Rogue, has returned. Tonight she will face Talon, the new champion. The fight will begin in a few moments.”

There were a lot of whispers going around. The lard man, I now assumed was ‘Jack’, was explaining something to both of them. I saw Talon, what the fuck kind of name is that, run his eyes over Rogue’s body and to be honest it pissed me off. I hope she kicked his ass. I stood right beside the caged now, sipping my beer and watching her walk to her corner. She didn’t look tense or worried. She looked relaxed and ready. While she stood with her arms crossed, ‘Talon’ was jumping around shaking his arms.

Oh yeah he was so going down. Jack stepped in to the center and raised his hand, the crowd grew silent. Both opponents walked to the center and I heard Jack say, “Ready?’. Both nodded and as his hand fell I could feel the power in the room. They stood there. Talon raised his hands, but Rogue didn’t she was watching him like a hunter watches prey. I knew she was waiting for him to make the first move, but I still wanted to jump in.

Then out of nowhere Talon swung. Rogue ducked brought up her hands and watched as he regained his balance. This time when he swung Rogue grabbed his wrist and used his momentum to flip him on his back. He stood up and ran for Rogue, he was pissed. She dodged and turned. As he came back around she made a jab with her left that he blocked and then while he was focused on blocking her left she struck with her right. She hit him on his collarbone which caused him to drop to his knees. She looked down at him. He was past pissed now. He started swinging trying to make contact but she ducked and dodged. Them I almost died, he hit her and she went down. He stood over with a grin on his face. ‘He just signed his death certificate.’ But before I could move her leg kicked out and he fell. Now she stood and backed away waiting for him to get back up. She was dragging this out. She knew they wanted a show and she was giving it.

Talon got back up, I shook my head, he paced back and forward now waiting for her to make the first move. Rogue raised her hands again and walked toward him. This time she swung and made contact first. She didn’t stop swinging until he lay on the bottom of the cage bleeding.

Jack then walked over to her and thrust her hand into the air and the quite crowd burst into cheers. He handed Rogue an envelope. She grabbed her stuff of a chair and walked to the bathroom. I walked back to our booth and ordered two more beers. I didn’t hear her sit down damn redhead. I heard her pick up her beer and turned to look at her. She was watching me watch the girl. I searched her face for the bruise, yeap there it was on her cheekbone. It was blooming up to her eye and her lip was busted.
“You fight good,” I said watching her wince as she drank her beer.
“I hear a but in those words.” She was not in a bad mood more like she was high her words slow and pushed out.
“No but that was good.” I sipped my beer. “How much you make tonight?”
She smiled, "Enough to last a few weeks, maybe a month.” I raised my eyebrow.

We set in silence when a guy walked over to our table. He was similar to the guy Rogue had just beat the shit out of. “Hey nice fight. I was wondering when he was going get his ass kicked,” he smiled at Rouge. “Thank you. Name’s Blaze.” Okay what the hell was wrong with names like James or Phil. “Thanks and I guess you’re welcome,” she laughed. “This is my boyfriend Logan.”

My heart stopped and the only thing I did was grunt at him. Oh yeah highly developed communication. A look came across his face as he looked at my face then hers, “um it was nice talkin’ to you. Bye.” I raised an eyebrow at her, “Boyfriend? Why wasn’t I told? I coulda used that last night.” She shook her head at me. “He was hitting on me Logan and after I fight I like to drink and think. I don’t wanna fuck, which is what he wanted.”

I just nodded, she sounded so much like me. She went back to sipping her beer. I couldn’t help what I said next, “So girlfriend you wanna go get a hotel room and do boyfriend/girlfriend things?” She laughed and no it didn’t hurt my ego not one little ity bit. She sighed, “I think that would only work for one of us.” I looked into her eyes “Whadda mean? You like girls?” she shook her head at me. She searched my face, “No. I like men, there is no doubt. But I meant it’s obvious by the way you were lookin’ at that woman that she looks like someone you love. And if we did anything you would just feel guilty later and I refuse to be regret.”

I was in shocked. I hadn’t said anything about a woman but she knew. How the hell did she know? Had I talked in my sleep? She was watching me and waiting. “Are you wondering how I knew?” I nodded, “Because when you look at her you have this haunted look.”
End Notes:
Tell me what you like and what you don't. PLEASE! Heart you 4ever if you do.
Chapter 6 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
A little unsure about this chapter. Hope you like.Edited.
Rogue:

I laid there in bed thinking when I woke up he would be gone. I messed up last night. I opened my mouth and I hurt him. It was clear on his face and he shut down. After that we left. I let him drive us to a hotel and got a room. The whole time neither one of us spoke. I showered first and climbed into bed wondering just how screwed up I was that I had to point out another’s misery. I fell asleep for the first time in many years with guilt eating at me.

I was surprised to hear him breathing in the next bed. I sat up and moaned ‘God Damn’. My face hurt and I whimpered my eye was swollen and so was my lip, which was now bleeding. I heard him sit up but I was trying now to make another sound.

I felt a warm callused hand on my chin and he turned my face toward him. His voice was gruff, “Looks worse than it did last night. I’ll be right back.” He stood and walked to the bathroom. ‘I’m a bitch’, I sighed. I was looking at the floor when he came back. He tried to lift my face to him but I jerked away, “Why are you being so nice after last night?”

He sighed and grabbed my chin with force this time. When it was where he wanted it, he put a cool rag on my eye. “Because you spoke your mind and I respect that. Also your face looks so bad.” “Shut up.” He laughed.

“I think you need to see a doctor.” “NO, no doctors.” I could feel my panic raising. “Ok clam down no doctors.” His forehead was creased. “Ok let me see,” he kneeled in front of me. His eyes roamed my face but I wasn’t worried. His features were soft like he was trying to soothe an animal. The only think I could think about is that no man, not even my own father, had ever looked at me the way he was.

He stood up and walked back in the bathroom. This time when he walked out he had a first aid kit. He kneeled back down and pulled out a butterfly stitch, laid it on the bed. He then pulled the anesthetic out and poured it on a cotton ball and cleaned my cheek. I winced and he said, “Should’ve took care of it last night.” “Yea well should’ve could’ve would’ve.” He pulled back and searched my face, “You don’t care about yourself or anyone else do you?”

“No. The only reason I’m still breathing is because it pisses people off.” He went back to cleaning. Once he was done he picked up the ointment and covered then broken skin on my cheek. I winced again, “I’m sorry about what I said.” He put the bandage on my face, “No need you were right. I left my home because of her and it was the right thing to do.”

He was looking at my lip now, “What was her name?” “Jean.” “Why was it right to leave her?” At this he stood up and walked backwards and set on his bed. He blew out air, “She has a boyfriend and she was using me,” he shrugged. I looked at his face, “Logan? Maybe she thought you had what she really wanted?” “No,” he shook his head, “she wanted to make him jealous and have a little fun.”

I wanted to kill this “Jean” girl. He face projected his sadness and anger all at the same time. “Thanks for not being pissed. I have foot in mouth syndrome.” He laughed, “We’re good. Although I told you a secret, so now you have to tell me one.”

“Um,” I so didn’t like where this was going, “what do you want to know?” He looked at my face and I knew what he was going to ask. “What’s with the facade?”

I took a breathe, “You don’t have tell me if you don’t want to.” I shook my head, “Fair is fair.” He tried to interrupt but I raised my hand and said, “To tell you that I have to start at the beginning. Do you think you have time for that?” He nodded, “Yes.” I smiled at him, “It started when I was eight,” his face changed clearly he didn’t like where this was going. “It was Sunday right after church, I hadn’t even changed outta my Sunday dress, when my mother called me down stairs.” I wasn’t looking at him any more I couldn’t. I was about to share a story no one had ever heard and I had no idea why. Maybe because I needed an outlet and he was a stranger and I probably wouldn’t see him after this. “I went down stairs there was a man at the door. He was military. He called me by my name and I went toward him. My mom said ‘Honey you’re going with him for a while he’ll take care of you.’ There were no tears in her voice. I realize now, she really didn’t care. He took my hand and pulled me toward a van. I started crying and screaming. But she just stood there.” There was no emotion in my voice, “Finally he picked me up and threw me in the van.”

I took a deep breath, ‘God why was this so hard?’ I could feel his eyes on me, “So the man took me to a government lab,” I heard his sharp intake but I didn’t stop, if I did I wouldn’t finish. “They put me in a cell and after a couple days, took me to a white room with a cold metal table. They laid me on it and strapped me down. I struggled and then they stuck a needle in my arm. I don’t remember a lot from the time I was eight until I was twelve.” I swallowed and continued, “When I was twelve they stopped injecting drugs in me it took almost three months for it to clear my system.”

“That’s when I met a man by the name of Stryker. He said I would learn to fight and be useful. But then it got worse than before more experiments where done when I was wide awake. He trained me and I became his assassin. He said jumped and I didn’t even ask how high, I just did it. One of the clearest memories is of Victor Creed kicking my ass and Stryker yelling adapt, use what I showed you. I curled up in a ball but then I got pissed and grabbed him,” I finally looked at Logan him face showed no emotion. “I absorbed him, I adapted and I remember thinking if he was dead, if all of them was dead I could leave. I went crazy and started killing people before they tranquilized me. I wasn’t human after that. It wasn’t because of Victor Creed he faded, it was because I broke. My mind broke and it didn’t want to think anymore. My mind liked it better when I was drugged.”

I was shaking now, “It was like that for two years, being trained, killing, and stuck back in a cage. And finally something happened. Things started blowing up and the door un-locked so I made a run for it. I was still wild but I could function. I started going to fight clubs and doing mercenary jobs.”

I was still watching his face, “Then I met Remy LeBeau and he had jobs for me and they paid good. But this one client didn’t want me just as hired help he wanted me on his team. I didn’t know at the time that Victor Creed was there. I did a few jobs for him and he wanted to meet me in person. Magneto said I did an excellent job. As I was handing over a case when He called for someone by the name of Sabertooth When I saw that it was Victor I lost it. I woke up about a week later in Japan. I don’t remember what happened.”

Logan’s face was a little paler now, “I still do jobs for Remy but every now and again he gets sneaky. I always figure it out through. I didn’t answer your question did I?” I said a little shaky. He looked at me, “Yes you answered it. So you’re a mutant? So am I.” He showed me his claws. I wasn’t shocked but I was too far gone. He pulled them back in, got up walked over to me and sat down, “Hey. I got another secret for you. I was in a lab too and they put this metal on my bones.”

He watched me. I looked up at him and I felt like I was braking, “Yea? Did they mark you like they did me?” “What do you mean by mark?” I leaned back and showed him the tattoo on my hip bone. It was a number in roman numerals LXVI. “The one on my back is like a barcode.” He shook his head, “No all I have is dog tags.” I nodded, “I have those too.”
End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW Tell me what you like and what you don't. Heart you forever!
Chapter 7 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my Beta-reader who was a blessing.
Logan:

We sat there not moving. I watched her bruised face as it went from open to closed in the matter of seconds. I realized that she had pulled herself together. I had watched her go from a badass-kill-you-for-looking-at-me-wrong woman to a sad-lonely girl. At the end of her story she was so cold so distant. It made me what to find a way to bring her back. So I tried to show and tell her she wasn’t alone, by showing my claws and telling her about being in the lab. It shocked me when she showed me the tattoo on her hip bone. I felt my anger grow at Stryker and I knew the next time I saw him I would kill him. When she had spoken his name my hands had itched and I was horrified. She was eight. I also knew she was holding something back.

“Rogue- “Why the hell is my phone ringing? I walked to my jacket and pulled out my phone. The caller ID read: Chuck. Wonder want he wants, “Hello.”

“Logan how fast do you think you could be back here?”

“Why?”

“I need your help.”

“With what?”

“Logan I would rather not speak about this over the phone.”

“Fine. Give me a day.”

I hung up. I watched her, her head was down and she refused to look at me. I wasn’t going to get any more personal with her or I might scare or piss her off. From what she said that was the worse thing to do, so instead I decided to ignore her and let her put all the pieces back together. I sat my bag on the bed and started checking it. I pulled shirts and jeans out and sniffed them to see if I needed to do laundry. I heard her move but I didn’t look at her. She had started to remind me of a kicked puppy with the way she shied away from me. It hurt I hadn’t done those things to her but the guilt had eaten away at her last night. I figured it had been a while since she had felt that and didn’t know how to make up for it. So she shared her nightmare. I shook my head.

“Logan, where are you going?” I turned to look at her, while I had thought about what I would do to those sons of bitches she had changed. Not just her clothing but her facial expression. She now looked like the woman I had met the first night the only difference was her face which was now looking a little better. I then realized why, she was trying to cover it with make-up. “Um they need me at home.”

She nodded and walked to the chair in the corner by the window and pulled on her boots. I asked, “Where are you going?” She sighed, “Um I don’t really know. The safest place is Alaska.” She laughed. “Why don’t you come with me?” Whoa what the hell Logan? Before I could finish asking her she shook her head, “I can’t.” “Why the hell not Rogue? You ain’t got anywhere else to go and I could help.”

“No Logan. Ok no I just can’t ok.”

“Why? Tell me why and I will leave you alone.”

“Because you make me weak, I’ve never told that damn story to any one and you came a long and I spit that shit out.” She was looking me in the eyes now.

“What’s wrong with a little weakness?” I asked but I knew exactly what was wrong with that. You get hurt and then it’s harder to close the wound.

She cocked her head to the side, “I think you know what’s wrong with it.” I walked toward her and said, “You can’t drive any way. Your eye is swollen.” She thought about it and she finally sighed. I knew I had won and winning was a hard thing with a woman like her, so my ego grew just a little. “Fine but I can leave when I want to.” “Agreed.” She stuck her tongue out at me.

“Come on we have to head out.” I grabbed her bag which was by the door and we went to the car.

After two hours of her staring out of the window she fell asleep. I pulled her down so that her head was resting on my leg, once she was comfortable I heard a sigh. I smiled and we rode like that for a few more miles until I had to stop for gas. I pulled up beside a pump, “Rogue,” I shook her, “I need to pump the gas.” She rose up, wiped her mouth and groggily said, “Ok.” She sat back in her seat and started looking around, “I got it. Do you anything to drink?” she nodded. I went in the store for two reasons: Her face and I needed to get my mind off the kid.

When I came back out of the store I opened the door and handed her a Dr. Pepper. She mumbled thanks. As I pumped gas I watched the back of her head and although I couldn’t smell her I could tell she was depressed. I finished and got in the car, “Rogue we gotta talk.” She looked at me now and I felt like I was drowning looking in her eyes. “About?” “About what you told me.” She nodded.

“Look Rogue, I was used too by those labs. I know some of what you went through. And I can understand needing to tell someone, even a stranger, but I accept it and you need to understand that you shouldn’t be ashamed. It’s not your fault any of it. Look at me Rogue.” She looked at me and I tried to put my feelings behind my eyes. She searched them for a long time then nodded. I cranked the car and we got back on the road.

One gas station, two McDonalds and eight hours later
we reached the mansion and I felt anxious. I looked down at Rogue her forehead was creased. I knew I had to prepare her for the people within but I didn’t want to wake her. She looked so relaxed so I pulled into the garage and glanced at the clock on the radio it was midnight. I sighed, “Rogue. Darlin’ we’re here.” She stirred and sat up rubbing her eyes. She winced. I would have offered to help but her and my memories would not have been a great combination. “You awake yet?”

“Yeah, what’s wrong?”

“Just need to fill you in a little about some of the people here.” She just looked at me.

“Um okay shoot.”

“There are two telepaths here,” her eyes locked with mine I saw panic there and her jaw was tense, “you’ll be fine. But the guy in the wheelchair is Professor Charles Xavier and the redhead woman is Jean Gray.”

Suddenly I saw anger in those vivid greens eye and they started to get stormy. Then as quickly as it appeared it disappeared even from her scent. Interesting. “Ready?” She nodded and we got out of the car. I grabbed her and my bags. We walked through the garage my eyes landed on my motorcycle that I had won from Scooter almost a year ago. It felt good to know there was a reminder of me in this place. I lead us into the kitchen and wouldn’t you know the two people I didn’t want to see tonight were setting at the kitchen island.
Chapter 8 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Enjoy. Please review. Heart you forever.
Rogue:

Where the hell was all that noise coming from? I looked around Logan at two teenage girls both had dark hair and clearly didn’t know what time it was. “LOGAN! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WELCOME HOME!” He shushed them but it was no good. He dropped the bags and opened his arms. The two girls stepped in and hugged him and much to my chagrin one of them noticed me.

“Logan who is this?” I heard no accusation in her voice just curiosity. He turned, “Kitty, Jubes this is Rogue.” Kitty’s hair was pulled up in a pony-tail and she had purple pajama bottoms on. Jubes reminded me of those girls that are always in the mall and she had yellow PJs. I waved, “Hi.” “OH MY GAWD , what happened to your face?’ I was swarmed. They asked a bunch of questions I didn’t answer and just kept going.

Logan finally saved me, “Ok girls that’s enough. We just got in and we’re tired. Night.” He picked up the bags and started walking. “Ok night we’ll see you tomorrow Rogue we’ll go shopping.” I sped up and whispered to Logan, “Do not leave me with them.” He chuckled, “Come on they’re not that bad.” “Whatever.” He was watching me out of the corner of his eye but I ignored him. I was looking around the only time I had been in a place like this was when I had killed an ambassador. I followed Logan up two flights of stairs, we turned down a bunch of halls, and then another flight of stairs, and one more hallway till we stopped at a door. “You’re trying to make it hard for me to leave aren’t you?” He chuckled again. Grrrrrrr.

“No just avoiding certain areas. Sorry about the mess. You can have the bed, I’ll take the floor.” I rolled my eyes, “What are you worried about? Your virtue?” He shook his head, “No. I was more worried about yours.” I snorted, which was very feminine. “What virtue?” I grabbed my bag from him and walked to what I hope was the bathroom. I changed and walked into the bedroom to see him setting on the edge of the bed. “So do you like inside or out?” He looked at me and his eyes spoke volumes that I decide to disregard. He stood up. I walked over and climbed under the covers. I faced the wall. I could feel the tension in the air ‘who doesn’t he trust me or him?’ I was drifting off when I felt him slid under the covers.

There was a knock on the door and I just snuggled closer. I felt a hand move up my back and then the bed vibrated, “What?” The answer was muffled by the door, “The professor said he’ll see you after breakfast.” He just grunted and wrapped his arms tighter but I didn’t care I was cozy and sleep was winning.

The next time I woke up I was alone. I stretched and heard a sharp intake by the window. I turned and looked he was standing there with a cigar in his hand. He was dressed and clearly not having a good morning. “Finally awake?” I nodded and set up pulling my hair back. “Get dressed and we’ll go get breakfast. Wear something appropriate.” “I’m always appropriate.” “No you’re not.” I did as he said jeans, tennis shoes, white shirt, and a Jack Skellington hoodie. He shook his head at me and I heard him mumble ‘I’m a goddamn cradle-robber.’ “Come on.”

I followed him to the breakfast room so he said. When we walked in he kept going I stopped and looked around. There was at least a hundred and fifty kids in this room. Logan noticed and turned around, “it’s ok look they ain’t going to hurt you.” I cut my eyes at Logan, “It ain’t me I’m worried about.” I hissed. He grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the buffet. He handed me a plate and said. “Look it’ll be fine. I mean I’m here and don’t worry you got this.” He started putting stuff on my plate while I was looking around I noticed the two girls from last night waving at me. Then I saw her. She was staring daggers at me which made me smile. I put my hand on his arm and looked up at Logan.

I knew it was the woman that had caused him to leave his home. Jean watched as I ran my hand up his arm and moved closer, “Are you trying to make me fat?” He laughed and walked toward a table where no one was sitting. I sat beside him and he leaned over and whispered in my ear, “I know what you’re doing.” I looked at him and smiled, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He grinned at me. I felt eyes on me but I didn’t look around. I ate and waited for him to finish. He picked up my plate, put it in a bin, and picked up my hand. I laughed.

We walked up the stairs and down the hall way to a polished door. He knocked, “Come in. Ah, Logan come in and who my I ask is the young woman who is being whispered about in the hall?” Logan nodded, “Chuck this is Rogue. Rogue this is Professor Charles Xavier the headmaster.” I just nodded. He said, “Please have a seat. Welcome. I want to go over some of the rules here…….,” I tuned him out and was looking at him closely. His head was shining in the sun and his blue eyes were clear. He wasn’t like dirt old but his face wasn’t young. He watched me and I watched him. He stopped talking, “Do you understand?” I nodded and said, “Yes sir.” He smiled at me and I felt grateful to Emma Frost for the first time since I met her.

“You may go and don’t get to lost. If you do get lost ask one of the students.” I nodded and left. I was walking down a hallway with a big window my fingers running along the wall when out of nowhere the Kitty girl popped up out of the floor. I watched her carefully and I heard “Hey Kitty that’s no fair.” Kitty was pretty and clearly was very accepting, “Hi I’m Katherine Pryde and that,” she pointed down the hall, “is Jubilation Lee or as many people call us Kitty and Jubalee.” She continued to talk while Jubilation caught up. And then between gum popping and constant talking I realized that Logan clearly loved these girls enough not to have killed them. I interrupted, “Um yea hi. Rogue. No, I don’t like shopping. No, I don’t want to be like friends and stuff. Yes, I was in a fight and no, it doesn’t hurt.“ They looked at me. I noticed that Jubes was Asian and very pretty but mouthy.

I sighed and unfortunately for me they took this as an, I give up. They pulled me down the hall and up some stairs to their room. I sat on Jubes’ bed I know this because it was yellow like everything she wears. She and Kitty started to tell me about the people in the mansion.

“Mr. Summers is nice and he is dating Miss. Gray. They are like the perfect couple...” The commentary continued on and on about a guy named Bobby, ‘who has like these ice powers,’ John, ‘who can like burn stuff,’ Peter, ‘he gets all metaly and stuff.’ After a while I tuned them both out.
Chapter 9 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Thank You WolvieDoesItBest. Hope you like. Updated.
Logan:

I was looking for my uniform when I heard the door open and then slam. I heard the tumblers fall into place and when I turned to look what I saw made me grin. She stood there panting and her hair was wild. It looked as if she had ran for her life, “Are you okay?” Her head hit the door, her eyes closed, and she sucked in a breath. “No. No, I’m not OKAY. Those girls- I – what- I told you not to leave me with them.” I laughed and started looking in my closet, “What did they do?” I heard her move and then the bed creaked, “They tried to take me, Logan, ME shopping.” There it was I grabbed it, ‘why did I throw it there?’ I leaned on the doorframe, “What’s wrong with shopping? You had to do it sometime; I mean you’re wearing clothes.” She looked down.

“Pssha, I got these off the internet.” I looked at her and realized she didn’t like people and the only reason she was here was because of me. “I’ll talk to them. We’re going on a mission so you’ll be safe until we get back.” She looked at me. Her eyes could make a weak man give her everything he owned and more. They could make a stronger man drop to their knees. This is what Stryker trained her to do Logan. I had to stay on guard with her. “Oh goodie stuck in a big house that I can get lost for days in and I can’t even drive. Oh and I keep getting these weird looks.”

“You’re new and don’t play the ‘I’m helpless’ card, I know better.” She waved her hand, “Whatever.” I walked into the bathroom and as I changed the bed creaked again. When I walked out she was asleep on the bed. Before I left I pulled the covers over her and thought she looked so peaceful when she slept.
Once on the Blackbird, the team was briefed by Scott. Tonight it was a team made up of six, we would be paring off: Shadowcat (Kitty) with Colossus (Piotr/Peter), Strom (Ororo) with Jubilee, and Cyclops (Scott) with me, The Wolverine. Jean would be back up and would wait in the plane. We would be raiding a lab tonight. I was feeling a little sick and was trying to focus on anything but flying. My thoughts drifted to Rogue and last night. I climbed in bed next to her and she shifted just slightly. My hand went to her arm and rubbed. After a couple of seconds she seemed relaxed and I stopped. Sleep was pulling me under and I felt myself pull her to me but I didn’t stop. I woke up about three o’clock and her head was resting on my chest. Her hand was over my heart and her leg was draped across mine. I brushed her hair out of her face. She snuggled closer and my stomach clenched because it felt right and wrong at the same time.

I put my nose in her hair and imprinted her scent into my mind. She smelled like sunshine, Honeysuckle and earth. I felt the Wolverine rise up and claim her but I, the man, knew better. She wasn’t like any woman I had ever been attracted to and she was so much like me that it could never work. I would sleep for thirty minutes at a time and it was peaceful, no nightmares. Go figure. The time I spent awake I stared at her and rubbed my hands over her body. Because I knew that was all I would ever get from her and it hurt worse than being rejected by a certain redhead. The next time I woke up it was because of a knock on the door, it was Bobby. I was pissed at the kid until I felt her snuggle in and my hand started to rub her back.

This time I woke up I couldn’t take it anymore and got up before something I couldn’t take back happened. I got up and gently laid her on the bed. I watched as she slept from the terrace, the cigar not helping. She rolled over and arched her back stretching. I felt my breath rush in and gulped. In the present I heard Jean clear her throat. I smiled, my eyes meeting hers and raised my eyebrow. I thought at her ‘Jealous doesn’t look good on you darlin’.’ I watched as her cheeks grew red. Scott was looking from me too her, “Hey Scooter ya wanna pay attention to where ya going?” “I’m just about to land. You focused on the mission or something else?” I glared at him, “Whenever wherever Scooter.” I don’t know if I was talking about the mission or fighting with Scooter.

He landed and we paired up. Scooter and I were walking down the hall, “You smell anything?” I shook my head and walked down the hall. We reached a sealed door that required a cardkey or just a really good pair of claws. When it opened no one was inside and we walked toward the computer. Nothing, no alarms, no people. What the hell was going on here? “Pull up the files.” Scott nodded, “on it.” He read through some as they downloaded, “It hasn’t been updated in a year.” I still was on edge. I expecting something to go wrong when the communicator buzzed, “Go.”

Kitty: “There’s no one here anywhere.”

Strom: “Same here.”

“Kitty have you hacked into security yet?”

Kitty: “I downloaded all the files that were there.”

“Good job. You done Scooter? Good let’s move out.”

Once we were back on the Blackbird, “That was odd. Do you not agree?” “Yes I agree Storm, but we’ll have to wait until we get back to the school to figure it out.” We all sat in silence for the duration of the flight and this time I didn’t worry about being sick. I thought about how there was no smell of people but us in that building. It was like a ghost town except this place creeped me out. The plane landed I walked to the showers. Scooter and Peter were in there, but none of us talked. After I got dressed, I went upstairs and sat on the edge of the bed. It wasn’t until I laid back that I noticed she wasn’t there and I felt panic. I followed her scent to the kitchen, where she was leaning over the counter, talking to Hank. Her brow was furrowed and I started to listen.
End Notes:
Please review Heart You Forever.
Chapter 10 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
BIG THANKS TO WolvieDoesItBest.
Rogue:

I woke up and changed into my pajamas and wondered down the hall to the kitchen keeping my senses open for those girls. I shivered just thinking about them. I was going through the fridge when I heard footsteps that stopped at the door. I pulled out the bag of grapes and a Dr. Pepper. I looked to see who was at the door as I put the stuff on the island. He was big and blue. I raised my eyebrow as he spoke, “I apologize and I didn’t realize anyone would be up.” I spoke around a grape, “It’s ok.” I sat at the island and he walked to the fridge, “I don’t mean to be rude. I’m Dr. Hank McCoy.”

“Rogue.” He seat across from me and I could tell he was studying my face. “Well Rogue, it’s nice to meet you. May I ask what happened to your face?” I smiled at him. I was starting to like Dr. McCoy, “You may. I was in a fight.” “Ahhh, I see. So how did you come to be here?” “I picked Logan up.” He started to search my face again, “Did Logan do that?” I shook my head, ‘no’, and he nodded. “Do you want me to take a look at it? Maybe an x-ray to see if the cheekbone is damaged.”

“Dr. McCoy-,” “Hank.” “Hank. I appreciate the offer but I have an issue with doctors and clinics. So thanks but no thanks.” He nodded, “Government or Private?” “What?” It was my turn to study his face. “The people who experimented on you, was it government or private?” “It was government and what do you know about the experiments?” I felt like my world was shrinking. “I’ve seen enough files, photos, and bodies to know that it’s not as beneficial for our race as they say it is. I also know they like to brainwash patients and some treat them as less than animals.” I nodded and continued to eat my grapes.

“If you ever want to talk or ask me any questions, feel free to do so.” I frowned and leaned on the counter top. “I do have one question.” He nodded for me to go on, “Why do you smell feral but talk as intelligent as a college professor?” He laughed, “What is your mutation?” “I absorb people.” He nodded, “Did you absorb any of Logan?” “Um no.” Hank stopped and looked at me closer, “Have you absorbed a feral?” I felt my brow crease as I thought, “About a year ago and they would be gone by now.” He put his hand on his chin and mumbled, “Strange.” We set in silence for a little while before he said, “You know you smell feral as well. Wonder why that is? Your power has nothing to do with it and you seemed civilized enough.” “Depends who you talk to whether or not I’ m civil.”

He laughed and turned toward the door, “I believe Logan is home.” I turned to look as Logan walked through the door and to the refrigerator when he reappeared he had a beer in his hand. He grunted at us and sat down. Hank asked, “How did things go to night?” Logan’s eyes were searching me from head to toe as he answered, “Great for once no one was there…….” As they talked I tried not to think about Logan who only had sweatpants on. How do I know this? Because lil' Logan looked to be awake. I gulped and thought if I don’t get out of here soon I’ll die. I yawn and both men looked at, "I think it’s time for bed Rogue.” “I don’t need you to tell me when it’s bed time. Night Hank.” I yawned again and stood up. I felt like sticking my tongue out at him, but that would sink to the level of some of the teenage boys here, and I’m sure Logan would have called me immature. I’m definitely NOT immature.

I heard Logan tell Hank the same thing and he followed behind me. We were at the door my room. My hand was on the handle and I turned around and leaned on the door. I watched as Logan’s eyes roamed over my body and thought it was a good thing I didn’t blush anymore. I stared up at him as he shifted, “Rogue maybe we should go in the room.” I nodded. He moved closer to open the door, his hand on mine and he was leaning in. I licked my lips and kissed him. His hand went to my waist and my hands went into his hair. When we pulled apart our breathing was ragged. I groaned because I knew in that instance that I couldn’t not with HER just a few doors down. I almost growled. I shook my head as Logan’s hand went to my chin, “You started it so don’t pull away.” He lips were on mine and his hip grinded into me so hard I gasped. He kissed along my jawline, “Logan. “ He opened the door and I walked backwards. He pushed me back on the bed. I had a really good reason not to do this but I wasn’t thinking to clearly as he hovered above me. My hands were on his back as he carefully placed his weight on me. Think Rogue… There is a big reason you can’t do this.

I had a grasp on it when his hand touched me and I arched and moaned. After that I was too far gone to care what the reason I couldn’t sleep with him was. I let instinct take over and ran my hands along his back as he touched me. I knew I wanted my hands on his hidden flesh and then his hand stopped mine from pushing to get his sweats off, “Not so fast Rogue. We are going to take this nice and slow.” His voice was husky. “Fuck nice and slow Logan,” I growled. He let go of my hand and I resumed my attempt to get him free. I heard his claws came out, as the blade touched my skin I moaned. He cut though my shirt and then my shorts. The last thing I fully remember is him pulling his claws back in and his hand guiding him in.

I woke up and automatically knew I was naked and pressed up against another human. I laid there for a few seconds before I remembered who it was. I sat up so fast. I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t think, and sure as hell couldn’t move. I felt as if I had just ruined something, that whatever we could have had is gone. Because I didn’t tell him Stryker had sent me to him.
End Notes:
REVIEW PLEASE! Heart You Forever!
Chapter 11 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Thanks to WolvieDoesItBest
Logan:

I felt her crawling across me. I didn’t stop her. I heard her getting dressed. I still didn’t move. I heard her zip up the bag. I heard her grab a pen. I heard her writing something. I laid there. I just laid there. Why? Why? Because I made a stupid promise that I didn’t know would have consequences.

I sat there staring at the door and thinking about last night. It was the first time I had wanted the girl to spend the night and maybe the week, month, or even year. I heard The Wolverine, ‘she was ours and you let her leave because of your stupid honor,’ and I was starting to agree with him. I remember looking in her eyes last night and thinking I was home. I stood up and started to pace. That’s when I noticed a piece of paper that had hand writing on it that wasn’t mine. I picked it up:

~Logan,
I’m so sorry if you only knew; you never would have touched me. I deceived you. I can honestly write that I didn’t know who you were until you brought me here. When that girl said something about you being, ‘THE Wolverine’, I knew that I had to tell you the truth about me. I ruined it and whatever was between us. So here is the truth: Stryker sent me to kill you. It was about two and a half years ago. He realized that you would never help him and Victor was getting better offers. So he decide the best thing to do was terminate Weapon X. He told me where I could find you and how to kill you. He said the best way would be to gain your trust and then kill you. I was planning on telling you this last night before I kissed you. I failed to complete my mission then and I failed now. I do not plan on ever completing it. So don’t worry, you won’t see me again.

-Rogue~

Back to my bed I sat. That little girl was supposed to kill me. How? What did Stryker know about me that I didn’t know? She had tried to complete it two years ago? My life had been in danger and I didn’t care, all I could think of is her getting hurt trying to kill me. I looked at her note and thought I will be seeing you again… I don’t know when but I will. I put her note in my nightstand and got dressed. Being in motion would help me more than sitting around doing nothing.

Three months later…

There was a car sitting outside the gate. I watched as Kitty tried to sneak out to the car. If she had looked to her right she would have seen the end of my cigar, but this was Kitty. Kitty wasn’t dressed for stealth she was dressed for a date. I started to walk toward her, that’s when she finally noticed me. She gulped, “um HI Logan. Um like what are you doing out here so like um late?” I know she sounds like an airhead but when she’s nervous ‘like’ is her go to word. “Kitty what are you doing out here?” she looked at her feet, “Nothing.” I rolled my eyes, “Tell the truth and we both can go do what we want. Now what are you doing?” She sighed, “Fine I was going out with Lance.” Who the hell was Lance? I said, “Okay.” “That’s it? No third degree? No go back to bed Kitty?” I shrugged, “It’s your life kid. Go before Scooter finds out.” I watched as she phased through the gate. I shook my head.

I pouched the password into the gate and walked up to the driver’s window. I leaned down to look Lance in the face, “Hey Lance, if you hurt her, touch her, or even think about it I will cut “YOU” off ya got me?” I watched his face drain of color and he gulped, “Yes sir. I understand.” “Buckle up Kitty. Night kids.” If looks could kill, I thought as I looked at Kitty. Lance started the car and drove off as I watched I noticed the license plate and car both seemed familiar. When it hit me why it felt like someone had thrown a truck at me. That was Rogue’s car.

Did that mean she was still in the city? Stop it Logan. She was sent to kill you. I needed a drink. I went to the garage and got on my motorcycle. I went to this hole in the wall bar that is in the middle of the woods. I walked in and sat at the bar without even looking around. I wasn’t here for a lay; I was here for a blackout. I ordered whiskey and thought about the fact I had feelings for a murderess who I didn’t even know that well. After several hours and four times as many drinks I felt a hand on my arm and a voice of a goddess, “Come on Logan. You’ve had enough.” She wrapped her arm around my waist and pulled my arm over her shoulders.

We got outside to her car. She leaned me up against the car as she unlocked it, “We need to get you home and in bed before you do something stupid.” I felt like a child, “I don’t want to go home.” She sighed and leaned against the door she had just unlocked. “Logan you can’t stay here,” I felt her looking at me. “I didn’t even know you could get this drunk.” “Yeah well if I don’t get some more soon I won’t stay this way.” She opened the door and I got in. Once she closed the door I watched as she walked across the front of the car she looked like a normal woman.

She opened the door and climbed in. She sighed again and cranked the car. She backed out of the parking space and pulled out of the drive way. She wasn’t heading toward the mansion, “Where are we going?” She glanced at me and said, “I thought you said you didn’t want to go home. So I’m taking you to my apartment.” We rode in silence until she pulled into a parking deck, “Are you sober enough to make it up a flight of steps?” I nodded. She got out and walked over to my door. She helped me out of the car and I hate to admit it, I won’t I’ll deny it till the day I die, I stumbled; she caught me. We made it up to her apartment but not without a lot of stumbles and cuss words.

She opened the door and helped me to the couch. I set there watching as she picked stuff up and made space. She went into the kitchen asking if I wanted anything. “Maybe some water or a soda or something thanks.” She brought me a Dr. Pepper and sat down beside me. She kicked her shoes off and pulled her legs up on the couch. We set in silence. I was watching her, “Why?” She looked at me and met my eyes, “Why what?” “Why did you leave? We could have talked about it? We could have been friends if nothing else.” She looked away. She put her hands into her lap. “Rogue, answer me, why did you leave me?”
End Notes:
Please review tell me what you like and don't like. Heart you forever.
Chapter 12 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Okay I mention a couple of books in this Chapter. I enjoyed them so please do not hate. Please Review. Heart You Forever. Even if you don't like my book choices.
Rogue:

I laid on my back watching Logan sleep. One arm was under my head the other was on my stomach. I studied his face like I would be quizzed on it. He looked much younger when he was asleep and more relaxed. I wanted to touch him but if I did I would lose my control. As it was I was running my fingers up and down his arm. I wondered if he could tell. I noticed the bags under his eyes and it looked as if he hadn’t shaved in days. His eyes started moving behind his lids. I knew he was about to wake but I couldn’t tear my eyes away from him.

He opened his eyes and grunted at me. I smiled and said, “Good morning to you too.” He grumbled and closed his eyes. He pulled me closer and I didn’t struggle. What did that say about me? “Did anything happen between us last night?” “No. I got you in the bed and you pulled me down with you. You wouldn’t let me up. So I gave up and fell asleep.” He groaned, “Sorry.” He let me go and started to get up. I sighed, there went my fantasies. ‘You’re only having those because of your situation’. He raised his eyebrow, “What happened to my pants and shirt?” I started laughing. I put my hand over my mouth trying to hide it. “What the fuck is so funny?” He stood up straight and I got a full view which caused a new round of giggles.

He growled and he was suddenly laying on top of me holding me down. I was still laughing, “I had nothing to do with you stripping as you can see I’m fully dressed. You did that all by yourself. You were really drunk.” “Where are they?” I smiled and he shifted so that he was pushing into me. “In the hallway, living room, kitchen and the bathroom.” He pushed off me and the bed. He walked out and I got a really good look at his ass. I rolled over, pulled the covers up, and snuggled into the bed. I had just closed my eyes when the bed sank, “I need you to take me to the mansion.” I sighed and kept my eyes closed, “Well I’m trying to sleep so you can start walking or you can wait for me to get up.” “OR I can take option number three.” I sighed, “And that would be?” “I take your car.” I didn’t answer him and I could tell it was pissing him off.

He growled and got off the bed. I slept for maybe two hours. I didn’t expect to find him on my couch watching TV and drinking my beer. I decided to ignore him and went to make me a cup of coffee. I didn’t hear him move, “That’s bad for you.” I sighed and look to where he now stood leaning against the door frame. I decide not to say anything and started my breakfast. He watched me the entire time. I set at the table, ate my food, and drank my coffee. He settled across from me, “Can I help you Logan?” He shook his head. I finished and washed my dishes while Logan sat at the table watching. “Let me get dressed and I’ll take you home.” He nodded.

After I had pulled on a pair of loose jeans and a white t-shirt I went out to the living room there was no sign of Logan. I shrugged and pulled my tennis shoes on. I grabbed my car keys and walked down to my car where Logan was leaning against the door. I un-locked it before he pulled the door open and got in. ‘This is going to be the longest car ride ever.’ I pulled out and headed to the mansion. He stared out the window. We were about twenty minutes away when he finally spoke, “Thanks.” “No problem.” Now I felt his eyes on me, “You didn’t answer my question last night did you?” I shook my head, “Because I don’t have any answer Logan. Damnit I don’t have an answer to your question or anyone else’s.”

“Why are you staying here?” I gripped the steering wheel, “because I’m between jobs.” We pulled up to the gates of the mansion. He leaned over me and pushed in some numbers. The gates opened and I drove up the drive. I stopped in front of the door which was opening and I looked at Jean Grey standing in the doorway. I felt my anger raise but suppressed it as Logan turned toward me, “Thanks.” I just nodded watching the redhead. He got out and walked up to her. Both looked around and he kissed her. I took a deep breathe I felt sick and I wondered does Scott know. As I drove back to the apartment, I thought about what the Brotherhood had said about the X-Men and I knew that both groups had committed major sins. I changed clothes to go to work.

When I got to the bookstore I felt so much better about myself but angry too. I haven’t felt like this since Eric had brought Victor to our meeting. Suddenly Carol Danvers was in my head and I felt the urge to kill someone. I put her back in her box and Eric too the only time they ever got out was when I felt hurt. They were my protectors. They had been there when Stryker found me in Japan and decided I needed to be punished for not following orders. They helped me push past the fear and pain to escape him and now they only appeared when my emotions ran high. I took in a deep breath.

I put my purse in the locker I was provided with when they hired me. I was fixing my nametag when a guy walked up to me, “Hi, I was wondering if you could help me find a book?” I looked up smiling even after I realized it was Scott Summers. “Yes, tell me the title of the book.” He recognized me and smiled, “I think Kitty said it was called, ‘The Lost Hero’. She said it was a good read.” I nodded, “It’s really good. Have you read the others in the series?” He blushed, “If I say yes, will you laugh and say I’m too old?” I shook my head, “Follow me. Nobody is too old to read a book about adventure and heroes.” He smiled, “Thanks. I don’t mean to be rude but we thought you had left.” I was standing in front of a shelf of books from A-Z. “I needed some money so I decided to stay in town.” He nodded.

I went to the R’s, “A-HA. Found it. Here you go Mr. Summers.” I handed the book to him. “You can call me Scott. Thanks and it was nice seeing you.” I nodded to him and watched him walk away. I felt my heart breaking for him. ‘WHOA there girl when did we start getting mushy and how come we keep jumping from emotion to emotion?’ ‘I don’t know Marie. I don’t know.’

Two Days Later…………..

I was at the bookstore picking up something to read for the weekend. I felt someone tap my shoulder when I turn around I was surprised to see Scott. “Hi, did you enjoy the book?” He grinned and I saw his white teeth, “Yes, it was my favorite so far. I was wondering, would you go to lunch with me?” I raised an eyebrow, “I wanted to talk to someone about books and since you work here I figured you were the best candidate.” He was grinning like a child, “Okay, let me checkout.” He walked out the door with me, “My car or yours?” I thought about it for a second, “Mine and you can get one of your team members to pick yours up. Since I know where you live and all. It would be easier.” He nodded, “Can I drive?” I nodded and handed him the keys.

We ended up at this little bistro called Ma’s. We had ordered our food and were discussing which was better Harry Potter or Twilight. I was seriously crushing on Scott Summers. He was smart, strong and he liked to read. He was the man of my dreams. As our meal went on I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I knew someone was watching us but I decided to ignore it. I was getting really good at ignoring things.

After I had dropped Scott off, I went back to my apartment. As I walked down the hall to my apartment I knew something was wrong. I had closed the door when I left and now it stood a jar. My fight or flight was kicking in but I pushed it down. I pushed opened the door and turn the lights on. I knew I should have left.
End Notes:
Please Review.
Chapter 13 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Thank you WolvieDoesItBest for the addition.
Wolverine:

Nothing could ease the pain, not drinking, not smoking, not even fucking. The kid was under his damn skin. There was nothing he wanted more then to have her in his life, nothing. He had started to flirt with Jean again to push the kid away and I didn’t like it. He had all these reasons and they were all bullshit. He was being pulled toward her and he refused because he had separated us from her so he could be normal. Rogue was our mate and Logan knew but he was trying to keep his honor. Well I thought Honor and Pride be damned. I felt his fear of letting someone in because the last time she had took away his life and memories. It was Logan who had crawled from her bed not me. I was fighting him and if that dumbass Professor had minded his own damn business I would be with my girl, the one that Scooter had come home smelling like the other day. For the first time in a long time, I won cause Logan thought he had lost and was shutting down. I grabbed Boy Scout and threw him against the wall. Through clenched teeth I asked, “Why the FUCK do you smell like Rogue?”

He smiled at me and said, “It’s not nice is it? For another man to be messing with your girl is it?” I slammed him into the wall causing him to hit his head, “I’ll KILL YOU.” He shrugged, “Logan, she works at a book store. I asked her for help, that’s it.” It took a lot for me to let that prick go but I did. He fixed his shirt and was leaving the kitchen, “By the way she’s hot dressed like a Librarian.” I growled and he took off up the stairs.

Two Days Later………..

I followed Scooter when he left. He went into a bookstore and a few minutes later him and Rogue walked out. I felt my heart stop, ‘where were they going together and why was she handing scooter her keys?’ I saw red, HE was with my mate, HE was making her smile, HE was eating with her. I thought I was going to kill him right here right now, but Logan was reasoning with me. He was telling me if we killed Scooter it wouldn’t win us any brownie points. ‘Fine Logan, but we will have our mate.’ He didn’t argue with me and we watched them finish lunch. I followed them to the mansion. He pulled out his phone and I heard him ask for her cell number which she gave with no hesitation. I felt pieces of my heart breaking off and dying. ‘This is your God Damn fault Logan. If you had claimed her the other night like I said, she wouldn’t be with Scooter.’ I felt his shame and embarrassment because he finally understood how Scooter felt. I wanted to be rid of it the emotions ‘The only to do that is to apologize to Scott.’ ‘Shut the fuck up Logan.’

I watched as Scooter walked up to the door as he opened the door he turned and waved at Rogue, who smiled. I felt like I was on fire she pulled out and I followed her to her apartment. She made it up stairs before me. When I made it to her floor, I stopped in my tracks. I smelt Sabertooth and I knew how she felt about him or at least I thought I did. I stood beside the door:

“What do you want Victor?” she sounded as if she was tired.

I heard the smile in his voice, “Come on Marie. You know why I’m here. You were so close to being free but no you let your humanity get in the way once again.”

“Yeah well, I’m not you so get the fuck out and tell Stryker he can go to hell.”

“I’m not here on his behalf. Eric would like to make a proposition.”

“Oh yeah? What if I come back, he promises not to use me as a battery? Or he promises not to allow anyone to hurt me?” Rogue laughed.

“No, well yes to both but he would protect you from Stryker and so would I. Marie.” I heard him stand and move. “We will also protect the child.”

What child? Rogue had a child?

“No, Victor I can’t. I would do anything but that. I will not be used again by anyone.”

“No Marie. We only require that you use your powers every now and then as payment for safety. Nothing that would harm you or the child, I swear on my love for you.”

The room was silent for a long time longer then I would have liked.

“Do you promise Victor?”

“Yes, yes I promise.”

My world melted she had made her choice and if Logan and the Professor and all the stupid ass X-Men weren’t so hung up on honor we would be happy and we would be the one protecting her.

One Week Later………

Logan:

It took three days for them to find and pull me out of the bottle. Two days for me to sober up and become the Logan everyone knew. One day for the Wolverine to turn his back on me.

We were suiting up to fight the Brotherhood. We had Intel that they were going to steal some information about collars that would suppress mutations. Gambit had come back to the mansion; Jubes had called him for back-up. I glared at him from my locker. Never liked him and now I knew why he was a traitor, but to who? We made our way to the Blackbird. Gambit was wise not to sit anywhere near me. We landed about ninety minutes from takeoff. We got off the jet all of us had broke up into pairs, Jean with Scooter, Kitty with Pete, Jubes with Bobby, Storm with Gambit, and me with Kurt.

We scouted the lab the guards and doctors paid us no attention, they knew we were here to protect them. All of a sudden the alarms went off and a guard ran up to us, “How did they get past us and you? Follow me.” We did he lead us down two halls to an open space. Kurt and I looked at each other. In front of us were the major players of the Brotherhood: Sabertooth, Pyro, Quicksilver, Avalanche, Mystique, Scarlett Witch, Toad, Blob, Boom Boom, Havok and Rogue. My heart sank as the other X-Men filed in. Why was she here? She stood behind Sabertooth and she wasn’t in a uniform which was strange to me.

Mystique walked forward, “We don’t have to do this. Let us get what we have come for and we will leave.” I growled, “Not going to happen.” Sabertooth was the first to move he leaped at me and I lost track of everyone else. My claws slid out unhindered and effortlessly. I wanted his blood for taking want was mine. I don’t know how long we tore at each other but I heard Mystique say, “We have it let’s go.” Sabertooth kicked me in the ribs, “Next time runt.” They all were walking away. I smelled blood and looked around at my team mates and then across the room. Rogue stood there looking for something or someone. I saw her face pale; she ignored whatever Sabertooth had said to her, and took off running toward us. Was she crazy? She avoided Scooter and Bobby. She stopped and kneeled. I moved forward to look at what she was looking at. Gambit laid on the floor, bleeding and I could tell it was hard for him to breathe. I heard Sabertooth swear and he yelled across the room, “Stay, but remember where you belong.” She nodded as she pulled her jacket off and placed it behind Gambit’s head. Jean walked over and started to exam how bad it was. We now surround them.

I heard her say, “Remy you just can’t keep the women off you can you?” He laughed and coughed up blood. “Rogue, I’m sorry.” She shook her head at him, “Don’t. You’ll be okay.” He was shaking his head and said, “No, I’m not and you know it. I love you Rogue, always have always will. You’re family. Had to come find you.” His eye lids were drooping. She was holding his hand while hers were covered in blood, “I love you too Remy. I’m the one who should be asking forgiveness not you.” “I forgive you of all your sins and so does the guild.” Rogue was crying and she kissed his hand. When she looked at Jean her eyes were desperate, “Can you save him?” Jean looked at his wounds then his face then Rogue’s, “I can try. We need to get him to the jet. Logan.” Both women moved so I could pick him up.

She followed and I admit I was surprised. I laid him on a gurney. She sat across from him and buckled up. Her eyes never left him as we went to the front, Jean stayed behind to watch him and slow the bleeding. No one said anything. When we got to the mansion, Hank was there and he moved him to the med bay. Rogue followed. We stood there watching the doors waiting. Then Jean took off for the doors. Something was wrong; we stood in the door way while they tried everything. Hank spoke, “There is nothing we can do. I’m sorry.” Hank was speaking to Rogue. She looked at the monitor, “Can I have a second with him? Please?” Hank and Jean nodded. We left them alone.

It had maybe been only be a few seconds when Gambit’s voice shouted, “ROGUE!” We all ran for the door. Rogue laid on the floor while Gambit was ripping out IVs. He was beside her, “Why? Rogue, why?” Hank kneeled beside her, “Her pulse is faint but it is there.” Gambit looked up at Hank, “What about the baby?” Everyone looked at him and then her. Hank was the first to speak, “She is pregnant?” “Yes. That is why I came back. To help her.” Hank picked her up and laid her on the table. When he spoke his voice was gruff, “Everyone out.”

Everyone was now standing out in the hallway, Kurt was praying, Kitty and Pete were hanging on to each other, Jean and Scott were holding hands, Storm was staring straight ahead, and Gambit was sitting on the floor his back to the wall. For the first time in my life I was afraid truly and fully afraid for someone else. Gambit looked up at me and said the one thing I wasn’t ready for and never would be,
“Logan. If she dies I want you to know you were the first man she ever loved and trusted. Also she’s pregnant with your child.”

I slid down the wall. If they had looked at me they would have seen the devastation in my face. Then confusion and anger. Why hadn’t she told me? Why did they keep her pregnancy from me? Why didn’t I smell it myself when I went to her apartment or when I followed her around town?
End Notes:
Please let me know what you think! Heart You Forever.
Chapter 14 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Thanks to WolvieDoesItBest. Let me know what you think.
Rogue:

‘I hate when I get trapped in my own head when I’m stressed. You just had to save Remy didn’t you…?’ She thought as she sighed. ‘I’m now sitting on a porch swing chastising myself because I put my child at risk. ‘What kind of mother does that? Am I going to make it as a mother if I can’t even protect the kid before it’s born?’ Rogue was going through some natural pre-birth fears. ‘I can smell the honeysuckle in the air. This was where Marie lived when things got hard and I loved it when I was being tortured and in pain. This is where I would come, this little patch of heaven in my mind. I looked down at myself; I’m dressed in a white cocktail dress. Only Marie thought I had the right to wear white. “Marie, I know your there. I’m not mad.” She walked out and let the screen door slam. She was my age but she looked different. Her eyes were brown and innocent. Her hair lacked the white stripes and she still wore gloves. I smiled at her, who needed best friends when I had one inside my head.

She sat down beside me, smoothed out her lovely pastel peach colored sundress, and folded her hands in her lap. She was no slouch, but I watched as she relaxed her back on the natural cedar wood of the swing. “Why did you lie to him?” I looked out over the yard which was surrounded by a white picket fence and felt the guilt coming. I looked at Marie and said, “Because I was scared.” She nodded, “I know, but you could have let him know you were pregnant.” “Marie. Stop. He is in love with someone else, what can I do? He would have felt honor bound to marry me or take care of me. I’m not comfortable with that.” She shook her head at me, “You can’t lie to me, Rogue. You love him, but you’re scared because of Stryker. You’re scared that Stryker’s training will kick in and you’ll kill him.”

I stood up and started to walk away when she grabbed me, “Rogue you need to trust yourself around him. You trust Remy, why can’t you just let go for once?” “Because of what happened in Japan.” Marie looked confused and said, “I don’t remember Japan.”

“Of course you don’t.” I turned to look at a blond in a silk green kimono. “Carol. Don’t do this she isn’t ready. Marie go back inside.” Carol smiled and walked toward Marie. “Hello Marie, would you like to hear what happened in Japan, why you don’t remember, and why Logan didn’t realize Rogue was pregnant.”

I felt defeated. I was too tired to fight Carol. It was hard enough to keep my personality at the forefront. Fighting her would just allow her to take control. Marie looked at me. She saw the fear there and knew I didn’t think she was ready, but she nodded. Carol smiled and looked at me, “Well Mommy dearest, you might as well as get comfy.”

Carol set beside Marie on the swing and I set in the rocking chair. My eyes were watching Marie’s face. Carol leaned back, “Let’s start at the beginning. The reason she ended up in Japan. Rogue had just finished delivering the briefcase that contained the Suppression Collar. She had only met a few of the Brotherhood and now she was going to meet a higher up. When Eric or Magneto, whatever you wish to call him, called for Sabretooth, Roguie didn’t realize it was Victor. Well, you know how she feels about Victor right?” Carol paused to look at Marie, “I thought I did, ‘till she went with him.”

“You’re not the only one. She had loved him once, or so she thought she did, but he left her in that lab with Stryker.” Carol laughed and I growled, “If you’re going to tell get on with it. I would like to see my child born.”

Carol waved her hand at me, “Anyway, you know how crazy she gets when she’s hurt. She ripped Victor’s throat out and then knocked Eric on his ass. But you know that already. So Rogue decided to leave the country figured it would be safer. She flipped a coin to see if you would be going to Japan or Australia; should have gone to Australia… Anyway, she went to Japan and met up with that Samurai Guy from the Clan Yashida. Go figure that our little Rogue likes the bad guys, but back to the story. She and he ended up having a fling; although I don’t think you want to tell Wolvie that. She was working for a gang and sleeping with the enforcer; they gave her an assignment that she really didn’t want to do.”

Marie looked so confused and hurt, I wanted to kill Carol but she was already dead. “Rogue had to go after someone who had offended The Lady, the boss, The Jeffe, The-““Okay Carol, we get it.” “Fine. Her target was a woman who was in the city by herself. This woman had a mission of her own and Rogue interfered by seducing said woman and sucking the life out of her. That’s how I got to be here.” Marie gasped and stared at me. “But, we were talking about why she won’t trust and why Logan can’t smell the baby right? The Samurai Guy decided she was too much of a risk and decided she would be better off dead. Thanks to my wonderful powers she survived. Once he realized that, he started hunting her with a feral. She had figured out how to hide her emotions from Victor a long time ago. So she just took that and applied it to her scent.”

“You know you talk way too much. Some days I wish I could kill you all over again. Marie, I hid this from you for reasons Carol didn’t disclose. He hurt me. Not just my feelings, but physical and you didn’t need that after everything else I let you see. So I shut it out for you. Without you, we are nothing Marie.” Those big brown eyes that would never let me forget why I protected myself stared at me, “You would be something Rogue. Heartless, cold, distant, and hard. You’d be the perfect assassin if you just got rid of me. Kill me Rogue, so you can be free.”

Carol and I both stood up, “No, I will not. GAWD DAMNIT CAROL!” I screamed at Carol as I started pacing. Marie started crying and Carol was watching me. Then everything went black. That was never a good sign. I stood in blackness and was starting to panic when I heard a voice, “Rogue, I’m here to help you.”

I snorted, that was a laugh. Charles Xavier stood before me, “Yeah, Yeah. You ain’t the first to say that sugah and guess what, when people help me, I end up almost dying.” He was watching me, I started pacing again. That was never a good sign when I pace, it usually means I going to lash out. “Why are you still unconscious?” “Because everyone in my head is out vying for the main role in this picture babe. I can’t think and focus at the same time.” Exhausted, mentally, physically, and emotionally, I fell to my knees and looked up at Charles, “I’m so tired Charles. I want to let go but I have to think about my child. My child is the only reason I’m even this much alive.”

Charles sat down beside me and just stared out into space. I could tell he didn’t know what to say. When he finally looked back at me, “What has to happen for you to come back to the real world?” I sighed and thought about it. I could come back now, but I would just sleep. There was also Marie, who I know is now hiding from me. She probably hates me from hiding things from her, but I wanted her to stay innocent. I took a deep breath, “I need you to help me cage them back up. After that I need a few hours.” He nodded, “Let’s get started then. I will follow your lead.”

After hours of putting people back in their cages, Charles left me. I finally relaxed and was on the porch swing when Marie approached. She set down beside me, “Rogue, I forgive you. Just like Remy forgave you. You tried to protect me and I love you for that. Now go back and see Remy. Talk to Logan.” I just nodded and knew that wasn’t going to happen anytime soon.
End Notes:
Please review Heart you forever.
Chapter 15 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Major thanks to WolvieDoesItBest who helps to develop the story. I might have to add her as Co-author. Much appreciated. Heart You Forever!
Logan:

They had moved her to a regular room. Remy had told Hank that she shouldn’t wake up in the med lab, “You do not want Le Chér to wake up down here. If you like your lab you will move Le Chér. Remy remember the last time she woke up in a place like this.” He shivered. Hank moved her to the guest wing. I slept outside her door for three nights. Jean finally convinced me to go to breakfast. But I changed my mind last minute. Ororo offered to get me a tray before she went down to breakfast and I accepted. I had finished my food when I suddenly smelt the metallic notes of blood. I stood up, put the tray on a nearby antique table, and walked back to her door. I rushed in not waiting for a request to enter because I was afraid something might have happened to the baby and Rogue. ‘If the kid truly was mine, I had a right to be concerned as a father-to-be, didn’t I?’ I looked down at the floor and saw drops of blood. I followed the trail with my eyes and my body followed. I found her dressed and standing at the bathroom door. She was bent over with her hand over her stomach. Her breathing was ragged but I didn’t sense pain. I smelt the rage-inducing pheromone I associate with anger.

I walked over to her; I had pushed my own anger down with my concern for her welfare and the baby’s. “Rogue, you okay?” She laughed and shook her head, “No, I feel sick to my stomach and every step closer to the bedroom door I feel like I’m going to pass out. And I DO NOT PASS OUT.” I looked at her face and saw the panic there but I started to get mad. ‘Why the hell was she tryin’ to leave?’ I picked her up and she didn’t even fight me but spoke, “Do not put me back in that room I was in with all that medical crap, Logan.” I just nodded and took her to my room.

I laid her on the bed. She relaxed a lot. I saw the tension leave her body. “Where are you bleedin’ from?” She raised her hand and I saw where she had pulled the IV out of her hand. I was really pissed now. I even gave her my annoyed scowl before I sulked into the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit. I went back to her. She was rubbing her stomach and mumbling about stupid people. Something about how she still owed a debt. Mommie was tired of fighting with people and why couldn’t Victor be reasonable. Her eyes were closed when I sat on the bed next to her. “Because Victor is an ass and you owe him nothing because he put you in danger the other day. If he wants to collect I’m sure we can come to an agreement.”

She was watching me closely now as I cleaned and bandaged her hand. As I finished taping it she asked, “Where did you get all this patience from Logan. I know you’re mad, but you’re holding back. Why?” She was sitting up now our faces only a few inches apart. I sighed. “May I?” I asked for permission and she nodded. I placed my hand on her belly, “I had to. While you were out I wanted to ask so many questions but Remy said that he didn’t know any more than he’d already said. Which, by the way, isn’t much and I’m goin’ to be a father, patience is required.” She placed her hand over mine on her stomach and looked me in the eye, “Ask me anything you want Logan. I’m ready to answer them.”

I knew she was telling the truth because for the first time I truly smelt her and the baby. I heard the rapid heartbeat of a growing baby and Rogue’s slower, stronger one beating steadily in her chest. I listened to that when I slept outside her door and I felt my heart swell. I loved this baby already and I was falling for the woman carrying it. “Why didn’t you tell me and how did you hide it?” She nodded as she leaned back against the headboard.

“I thought I was protecting myself and the baby. I mean, I didn’t know how you would react and then there is Stryker and Magneto. But Victor figured it out. By the way, he didn’t smell the baby either. He found the test. The reason you can’t always smell me or the baby is because I had to learn how to turn off certain hormones when I couldn’t hide the fact I was pregnant any longer.” I could tell that the reason she knew how to do this was not a good thing. “Did I answer your questions clearly?” I nodded.

I climbed in beside her and leaned up against the headboard. We laid there for a few moments when she turned toward me. I didn’t like the look in her eyes, “Are you still having that thing with Jean?” I looked at her and growled, “Why do you want to know?” “Cause I want to know if Scott is a free agent.” Now I was really pissed, even if Jean and I had a thing, Rogue still wouldn’t touch Scott. Even if killing him was the only way to stop it. She was mine and mine only. “No, Jean and I don’t have a thing. Never really did. It was flirting.” “OH, yeah sure, I saw you kiss her.” Did I sense jealousy? “I was mad Rogue.”

She suddenly sat up and folded her legs Indian style, watching me, “Why were you mad?” “I was mad because I couldn’t have what I wanted. Before you ask, I wanted you but you acted like you didn’t want me.” She looked stunned and then opened, and closed her mouth, “You’ll catch flies like that.” I smirked. She hit me on my leg and it was like she had started a fire. I put my hand on her neck pulling her close. I kissed her. She didn’t pull away, she leaned in to it. I pulled Rogue into my lap. She straddled me and was running her hands over my chest. I heard her moan. I pulled away while she whimpered, “How old are you, Rogue?” She was leaning her forehead against mine, “Marie.” I smiled, “Marie, how old are you?” She pulled away.

Rogue, No, Marie sighed, “You don’t want the answer.” I knew I didn’t but I needed to know. “Tell me anyway, Marie.” Marie looked me in the eye. I could smell her arousal and saw hesitation but I knew I would be getting a truthful answer. “Seventeen.” It hit me harder than I thought it would. She was only seventeen but she had been through so much. “I’ll be eighteen when the baby is born if that helps.”

I saw the way her expression changed. She must have seen something on my face. Suddenly, she was retreating and tried to get up off of me but I pulled her back down, “It doesn’t. You’re an adult, not because of your age but because of what you’ve been through. We’re okay Marie.” She nodded, “Um don’t call me Marie in front of other people please.” I laughed, “Okay, whatever you want baby.” I kissed Marie and pulled her shirt over her head. She was biting her lip as she pushed my shirt up. My voice was husky, “What?” She kissed me and started working on my belt buckle. I grabbed her hands, “What?” “You don’t feel guilty that I’m ‘underage’?”

“I don’t give a damn.” I pushed her hands over her head. I placed my face in the valley of her breasts. ‘This could get very interesting later on when her breasts start swellin’ with milk for the baby.’ I thought. The animal approved and I growled as I placed my warm lips to the flesh between her mammary givers of life. I let go of her hands and wrapped my arms around her. I moved her onto her back, unbuttoned her jeans as I laid her on her back. Damn she was a sight. I pulled her jeans down and saw that her stomach was no longer flat. It was extended enough to show only when she was naked. I placed kisses over her stomach and made my way up. I caught her lips and was in the process of kicking my jeans off when there was a knock at the door. I smelled the Yellow Freak-a-zoid. ‘Shit.’ I growled and she laughed. I raised an eyebrow at her, most women got scared when I did that while kissing them.

“LOGAN.” Pause. “LOGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.” Jubes could be a major pain in the ass sometimes, “WHAT?” “You don’t have to rude. Have you seen Rogue? Gambit is looking for her.” “Yes, she’s fine.” “How do you know? She’s not in her room.” I was looking down at Rogue/Marie, her green eyes were bright and felt like home. “Well let’s see Ju-Ju, The mother of my child is missing and I’m not rushing anywhere. My door is locked and I’m in a good mood.” “Oh, well…” ‘Wait for it…’ “OH, OH MY GAWD!” ‘The nickel dropped.’ “Hi Rogue. Wait, what do I tell Gambit?” “I don’t care what you tell that, Son-of-a-bitch.” Rogue hit me in my chest, “Jubes, tell him I’m ok and I’ll find him later.” I could see a little glare of anger in her eyes. “Okay, but if he asks what you were doing, I’m telling…” I heard Jubes walk down the hall. “What?” She was moving away. I stopped pinning Marie’s arms above her head, “Is it because I called Remy a, Son-of-a-bitch? Marie, darlin’, I’m very possessive and hearing that another man is lookin’ for you raised my hackles. Sorry.” I kissed her and pushed my hips down rubbing across her. I watched as she arched and moaned. I slid a claw out and cut her underwear off.

I’ve waited so long for this. I pushed in to her. She rose up to meet me. She matched me thrust for thrust. Her hands pulled me closer as I nibbled on her neck. I wanted to mark her with my teeth. ‘Just do it,’ I heard Wolverine say. I did. I tasted her blood on my tongue. I was sure she’d freak but just cried out instead, “OH GAWD LOGAN DON’T STOP.” Hearing Marie say my name spurred me on. Her finger nails were digging in to my back, I could tell she was close to edge. I slowed my strokes and caused Marie to whimper. My breathing was ragged and so was hers. Damn, I just wanted her to say my name one more time but the sound she made and the look on her face made me feel guilty. “Logan, please.” I started my stroke up. Her nails went down my back and I smelled my blood. Feeling the pain in my back and pushed me over. “OH GAWD LOGAN.” Her muscles were milking me. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

Sometime later, I made to pull out but she whimpered. I realized then I had hurt her. I pulled out watching her face. I relaxed on my stomach beside her, my heavy adamantium-laced arm draped across her stomach. I worried it might be too heavy so I moved it away. “Sorry.” She shook her head at me and moved her body before she placed her forehead against mine. “I’m okay Logan. I promise.” She cuddled up against me. It felt better to wrap my arm around her with the baby close between us. I wondered what it would be like, sleeping this way when the baby started to kick, signaling to his or her mama and daddy that they were getting a more comfortable position to sleep in. I knew what she said was true but I still felt guilty. She picked up her hand which had blood under the nails. “I should be the one asking if you were ok.” “Yeah I’m ok. I heal ‘member?” she nodded.

“Hey Marie?” “Yeah.” “I love you.”
End Notes:
Please review.
Chapter 16 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
I bow before the mighty WolvieDoesItBest who always helps. HEART YOU FOREVER I Love this chapter and I hope you like it too.
Rogue:

Month 4, June

‘If he doesn’t stop hovering I’m going to leave,’ I thought as I lay in bed, which was practically the only thing Logan would let me do, sleep... But even that meant he shared the bed with me, a lot. ‘Yeah, go right ahead… That worked so well last time.’ Logan’s here in bed with me now and he’s asked me for the four-hundred and twenty-second time if I was comfortable and if I needed anything. “Logan. Stop. I’m okay. Go to a bar or somethin’,” I told him. My instincts told me that he needed to relax and soon. ‘God, I would even be happy if he tried to fuck Jean… Okay, maybe not so much that. Maybe I could deal with him getting a hand job from her. That’s right, I said maybe… But then Hell would have to freeze over before I actually agreed to it.’ Ever since I woke up this mornin’ he’s been attentive but that’s a nice word for pain in the ass. He was always asking from sun up to sundown, if I was hungry, comfortable, or sleepy. It was getting old fast. I was only four months and was fine and from what Hank said, I could do whatever I wanted with some limits. “Everything in moderation,” he said and I quote. At my last appointment I asked him if that meant I couldn’t kill Logan, Hank just laughed at me.

Thinking of Hank made me think of those girls, Jubes and Kitty. If Logan had to go somewhere he’d sick one of them on me. They reported everything I did back to him. I almost killed the cat, oops I mean Kitty the other day. She told Logan that I was in Remy’s room for hours with the door locked. Logan cornered Remy and was saying something, I’m sure it was a threat. I stepped in between them, “If you hurt Remy, Logan so help you God, I’ll leave.” This was a bluff, really and he knew it. I could leave the mansion for some things but if I thought about going to Victor or not coming back, my body would cripple me and he knew that too. After that little encounter he put me on Wolverine mandated bed rest. He wouldn’t let me out of his sight I think because he sensed that there was some truth in my threatening to leave. My body might have been hampered by leaving but I could have made it to the garage to ‘borrow’ a car for a few days, or called a cab to meet me on the outside of the gate. It might not have been improbable to escape, but it was possible. Now that I think about it, that’s what probably scared him, the most, whether he wanted to admit it or not. Not that I ‘could leave, but that I ‘would’ leave…

Life was awesome sauce. My baby could control me and Logan was trying. “GO-A-WAY. Please Logan, you’re driving me nuts. Look, go get Jubes, or Kitty, or hell Jean, we’ll go shopping or somethin’. Just stop.” The look on Logan’s face made me want to apologize but I held back. I needed a break from his constant worry. He was stressing me and Lil’ Lo out. Yes, I know it sounds stupid but it’s better than Jubes’ name: Wolf Babe. I could have died but Logan just grinned. I respected Kitty, Jubes, and Logan’s relationship but when it comes to the baby, I let them know. I shut that down from the get go and now she calls the baby Rolo. I let her have it ‘cause it was cute.

But back to Logan. He sighed, “Okay. I’ll go find them.” I felt relieved as he left. I couldn’t help but think he was waiting for me to tell him I loved him. I frowned; Hell would freeze over before I told another man I loved him. I was thinking about waking up in his arms for the past month and how much I felt lost when he wasn’t there. Yeah I loved him, he was the father of my child and I felt safe with him. Like I was home, but that didn’t mean I was going to say it out loud. I managed to ‘carefully’ dash into the bathroom with my jeans and a tie-dyed t-shirt to get dressed. I made it back to the bed before the gang was about to descend on me. After about ten minutes of peace Logan walked in with both Kitty and Jubes. I was brushing my hair up into a ponytail as I sat on the bed. I stood up, looked down at my stomach, and it didn’t look like I was pregnant. It looked like I had a Buddha belly, the laughing Buddha as he was called, but I wasn’t laughing. I put a hand on my belly as I walked toward them. “Ready?” I asked. Kitty smiled at me and I realized I did like them, it was just hormones. Jubes asked, “Where we going?”

I grinned at them, “I was thinking we could go baby shopping. I need basics and then we can register for the baby shower.” Both girls began to squeal, Logan smirked as he plugged his ears because of the noise level. When they settled down, he pulled me into his arms. I knew he hadn’t expected that and he realized that I was trying. I pulled away and the girls followed me out to my car. Kitty peeped, “Are you supposed to drive?” Okay maybe I didn’t like her as much as I thought. “Hank said it was fine. Get in.”

We ended up at Babies R Us. Walking in, I felt overwhelmed… There was so much stuff. I pulled out my list I had written down during one of my long escapes in the bathroom.

Baby Needs

1. Breast pump.
2. Bottles.
3. Crib.
4. Clothes.
5. Blankets.
6. Diapers.
7. Pacifiers.
8. One of those bouncy things.
9. A Name.
10. A new mother?

I sighed. There were only a few things on the list I could get right now. “Okay let’s start with clothes.” “But we don’t know if it’s a Boy or Girl.” “Kitty, they have unisex clothes.” “What does that mean?” I was walking around looking for the newborn aisle. A-ha. I lead them down to the end where there was a rack of onesies. They were white, yellow, or green. I picked up a few of each color, and one of blue, and pink. “I don’t think Logan would like if you dressed his son in pink.” I thought about what Logan would look like if I dressed our son in pink and started laughing. “You’re right Jubes, but this is just in case.”

We ended up spending almost three hundred dollars on basics alone. I was glad I had saved my money from my ‘jobs’. “Ya’ll wanna go get somethin’ to eat?” My accent was heavy and I winced. Damn, must be tired. I handed my keys to Jubes, “If you kill us or scratch my car your D-E-A-D got me light bright?” Jubes smirked, “Got it. Where we going to eat?”

When we got back to the mansion Kitty and I were asleep in the backseat. I felt someone lift me up and then I felt someone removed my shoes, and my jeans being removed. Damn, I wished he’d stop hovering. The next morning, I woke up to yelling and growling, ‘what the hell was going on?’

“Logan, I’m not a child. I can sleep with whoever I want.”

“Yeah, well, the way you’re acting right now is proving you wrong.”

“It’s not like I’m planning on marrying him. It’s just sex.”

I wondered who they were yelling about. “Yeah, that’s all it’ll ever be with that swamp rat. He don’t want anything but ass.” ‘Oh, Remy was always getting in trouble.’

“I believe that is my swamp rat you’re talking about.” Both Jubes and Logan turned toward me. Logan looked pissed, meanwhile Jubes looked relieved.
End Notes:
Please review.
Chapter 17 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Month Five. Thanks once again to the amazing WolvieDoesItBest.
Logan:

Month 5 July

I’m still mad at her about the, ‘that’s my swamp rat’ thing, but with her sitting at the kitchen counter looking so depressed I let it go. Her hand was under her chin and she was rubbing her belly. I just got back from a mission and I really wanted a shower, but she took precedent over everything. She sighed as I leaned in the doorframe, “Hey darlin’ you okay?” She turned to look at me and nodded. I walked over to her and could see the glass of Orange Juice in front of her. I smelled Hank. She finally took in the all of the scents of me and the dirt, burned areas of my uniform, “Are you OK? Maybe you should go get a shower and then bed.” She gave me my excuse but I didn’t make to move.

“Yes, mother hen, I’ll get right on it,” I teased to lighten the dark mood she was in. At least I got a smirk out of her.

I knew I looked bad but I didn’t give a shit. Battle wasn’t pretty and regardless of how I looked, I knew I needed to be here with her, no matter what she said or did. I watched as she picked up her glass and drank. I thought about what the swamp rat said to me the other day when I caught her and Scott on the couch watching a baseball game. “Let Remy tell you something Logan. Rogue, when she starts getting close to someone, she pushes them away. It’s defense. She’s putting up barriers, you scare her Logan. Don’t let her.” He walked off after that. The rat was right, I had to tear down those walls or there’d be hell to pay later. For a second, I wondered if she wouldn’t push me away if she saw that my self-imposed walls were down.

She finished off her Juice; I grabbed her hand and pulled her up stairs. She hated it when I carried her, said it made her feel useless. I sat her on the bed, “I’m going to get a quick shower then we’ll talk.” She sighed. It was a sigh of frustration but at what? I turned the shower on and peeled off the ruined uniform. I was standing under the spray when I felt hands. They slid under my arms and delicate fingers moved up my chest. I growled as she rubbed her hands down my chest and abs. I felt her stomach pressed into my back and her head gently placed between my shoulder blades. Suddenly, I knew what was wrong with her. God love the woman.

Her hand went lower and I decided that it wouldn’t be enough. I turned to her. She stood before me a goddess, her body was my heaven and I could get no higher. I bent to kiss her. She smiled. “Are you okay or do you want to sleep instead Logan?” That wasn’t fair at all with her standing naked before me and my body almost screaming for sleep. She moved closer and looked up at me. The look on her face was all I needed to decide, to hell with sleep. “I’m good, what about you? I don’t think this is going to be a comfortable position.” She lightly ran her hands up my arms, “I’ll be fine.”

Once I was thoroughly clean and we lay in bed, “Tomorrow we get to find out if we’re having a little boy or girl.” She sounded so excited I just had to grin. “Can’t wait.” She seemed more relaxed as she moved as close as she could get with her belly in the way. I felt something hit me in my thigh and looked down at her stomach. Then quickly back up to her face, “Did you feel that?” She bit her lip and nodded. I placed my hand over the spot my child was kicking. I couldn’t believe it. This made it even more real for me. I fell asleep feeling my son or daughter kicking Marie.

I woke up when Marie started moving. I heard her sigh and felt her sit up. I knew that either she was in pain from last night or just uncomfortable from being pregnant all together. I looked at the clock it was 9 o’ clock in the morning at least we had gotten some sleep. I put my hand on her belly, it was our morning routine. I kissed her, “Rough morning?” She shook her head, “Nothing out of the normal. You need to get dressed our appointment is at 10.” I stood up and heard her mumble something about the fairness of the situation. I just shook my head as I dressed in jeans and a black T. I sat and watched as she pulled on a pair of boy-cut underpants, and then jeans that hung low on her hips. As she pulled on a simple white T, I had to ask, “What no bra?” She rolled her eyes at me, “I’m too tired to find a bra right now.”

I stood up. I couldn’t let her out of the room like that. Do you know how many boys would end up dead? A lot. I pulled a sports bra out of my dresser drawer that she was sharing in my room. I had Jubie and Kitty move some of her stuff into my room while she was recovering in the Infirmary. I helped her as she pulled her shirt off, helped her put the sports bra on, and then her shirt back on. By the time I was done she was pissed. She stomped from the room. I followed grinning; it was fun to make her mad. Sometimes it led to make up lovin’ in my room. We ended up in the breakfast room; she was standing at the buffet line rubbing her belly. I noticed she did that a lot, mostly when her emotions were running high. I picked up a plate, started piling food on it, and once I loaded Rogue’s up as well, I pulled her to the teacher’s table.

“How are you this morning?” She smiled and said, “Better than yesterday Scott, thanks for asking.” I glared at him, he had the decency to shift and look away. She ate while her and Storm talked about what Kitty and Jubes were planning for the shower. I kept an eye on the clock as I leaned back and looked at Marie, ‘You should make it official Logan.’ I sighed; Wolverine was pushing for the big M… Marriage. I looked at the scar on her neck, if you glanced at it, it looked like a discoloration but in truth it was teeth marks. ‘Wasn’t that enough?’ I knew the answer, no; we wanted her to stay even after the baby could no longer make her stay.

I glanced at the clock; we had five minutes to get to the lab. I stood, Marie followed. When we got to the lab Hank was setting up. I helped Marie onto the table. She had a death grip on my arms, “Breathe, just breathe.” She nodded and laid back. Her hand found mine, “Okay, I’m ready whenever you are.” Hank nodded and sat on a stool. He moved closer to her, “We talked about this the last time you were here. Have you decided whether or not you will allow me to run the test?” She looked at me. We had talked about it. I didn’t want it, but she did for reasons I didn’t know. We had argued for days about it. She won with, “It’s my body and I say what goes and what doesn’t.” I wasn’t happy about it.

I nodded at Hank, “Yeah, but I don’t like it.” He nodded, “Well let’s see if you’re going to have a son or daughter. Then we’ll take a sample of the amniotic fluid.” Hank pulled on his gloves as Marie pulled her shirt up. “Rogue, before we begin… No more jeans buy some maternity clothes. Last time I’m telling you.” “Fine.”

Hank picked up a bottle out of some contraption and squirted some weird looking blue gel on her belly. For a second I was reminded of Senator Kelley’s last visit to the school. Yeah, I got to see the anti-mutant numb nuts before he died. I’d like to say I was glad he passed, but, I’m glad he’s gone.

“Ooh, that’s nice and warm,” She spoke before her face suddenly winced a little and I wondered if my kid was kicking again. Hank picked up the wand and began to run it over her belly, back and forth, probably searching for something. “The baby is being very evasive today. I guess I shall look over here. A-ha, here we are.” Hank pointed to the screen. “Well congratulations my friends, it’s a boy.”

I looked down at Marie who was staring at the screen. Tears ran down her face, “You ok?” She nodded. I could tell she was in shock, “It’s a boy. I should’ve known.” She laughed. “Do you want a print of the sonogram?” I cleared my throat, “Hell yes.” Hank laughed and printed two copies out. He was cleaning the gel off her belly. I felt uneasy as Hank brought over a metal tray. He looked for a spot that wouldn’t hurt the baby with the elongated wand and stopped. Then he picked up a package containing a sterile alcohol pad used in injection preparation of the skin and ripped it open. He rubbed the alcohol pad on the spot that he had chosen and tossed the small white square to the metal tray. Next, he picked up another packet that contained some weird looking dark reddish brown stuff and rubbed that on the location as well.

“What’s that Doc?”

“Polyvinylpyrrolidone and iodine. It is a broad spectrum antimicrobial activity that I use as an antiseptic to make sure her skin is clean.”

Then he picked up the elongated wand, held it in the fingers of one hand, and then picked up the needle. Marie’s face was pressed into my hip. I could smell her fear and I wanted to stop it but it’s what she wanted.

After Hank was finished, “Bed rest for the next two days ok?” She nodded, “Of course. Is it ok for me to walk up stairs or does Logan need to carry me?” “Walking is fine.” She nodded and looked at me, “Can you give me and Hank a minute? I need to talk to him for a sec.” I didn’t like it but I left.

She came out smiling from ear to ear. She walked to me standing on her tippy toes and kissed me, “Thank You.” I was in shock. “For what?” “Our son.” She picked up my hand and placed it on her stomach. “My safety. For everything.” I shook my head, “No need. Let’s get you to bed.”
End Notes:
Please Review.
Chapter 18 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Thanks To WolvieDoesItBest. Month 6.
Rogue:

Month 6 August

I hated maternity clothes and the heat was not helping. Today I wore a white peasant dress that stopped above my knees and had long sleeves; it was made of linen. The women had gushed that I looked so pretty while I rolled my eyes. The men had stared at my breasts. I had to get out of the mansion; I’d had enough of everyone.

I went to the book store and walked around for a little while. I had just finished lunch and was sitting on a bench when a familiar tall gray haired man walked over and set down, “Hello Eric.” “Rogue, you look radiant.” I looked at him and noticed he was grinning at me, “What do you want?” He was looking at my belly and I became uneasy. Placing a hand over my belly and I swatted it away. I glared at Magneto. ‘Didn’t he know that it’s rude to touch a pregnant woman’s belly without her permission? At least Logan and the others at the school knew to ask. And generally, I’d let them if I was in a good mood,’ she thought. In some weird way she was also afraid to let him touch her as if his touch might taint her pregnancy and she gave birth to an evil metal manipulator. She mentally shivered inside at that idea. “Look Rumpelstiltskin, you can’t have my child, I’d die first. Go back to Hell and stay there ‘cause I’m done.”

He was watching me, “My dear, I never have any idea what you are talking about. I just wanted to see how you were doing?” I sighed, “I’m fine, thanks for askin’” He picked up a lock of my hair, “Are you sure it’s Logan’s? Because I have heard many things from Raven and Sabretooth.” I rolled my eyes; even Remy had asked me that. I knew who my baby’s father was, but I had Hank test me anyway. It was Logan’s and Hank asked why I did it, even if I didn’t have doubts. I told him, “Look, there are people who will say it’s not his, but now I have medical poof. It’s one argument I really don’t want to have.” Hank had nodded at me.

“It’s Logan’s, I have medical poof. So you, Raven, and Victor can go fuck yourselves.” I stood up to leave and wouldn’t you know it, speak of the devil and he shall appear. Victor stood in front of me. I knew this was not going to be good. There was nothing I could do without hurting the baby and I wasn’t going to fight. “What do ya’ll want?” Victor walked around me and wrapped his arms around me. I could hear his growl and then the smile in his voice as he whispered in my ear, “I believe you still owe us and we need your help pulling a job.”

I pushed him away shaking my head, “After the baby’s born, I’m all yours.” He smirked at me, “By the time runt junior’s born, it’ll be too late. It needs to be done now.” He walked toward me, “Come on Rogue. I know you want to… I promise you won’t have to go in, we’ll bring him to you.” I shook my head but I hate to admit, I was actually tempted to accept. “No.” I backed away but Victor kept following, “Don’t make this hard Marie. Come with us willing or we’ll take you by force.” I stopped, turned around, and there was Raven with a needle, “Fine.” Eric stood, “That’s a good girl.” This would not end well.

I stood outside a research facility with Pyro and I was being cruel, “Why’d you leave? Couldn’t hack it as a superhero? I knew you were weak minded.” He was playing with his lighter, “Shut up.” I grinned, I had hit a nerve, “Awe, is baby going to cry? You know you whine a lot. And you know who whines Johnny? Babies. Babies whine.” His face was red now and he had fire in his hand. I was about to piss him off further but I heard a noise to my left and they were supposed to come from the right. Pyro was watching me now, “What?” I waved my hand at him and listened. It had stopped. “I thought I heard a noise.”

“Yeah, it’s those hormones, they’re driving you nuts. Making you hear things. OW! Damn woman.” I had slapped him on the back of his head so hard he was lucky he didn’t have a concussion, “You best watch how you fucking talk to me.” “Whatever.” We stood in silence. I was bored with Pyro and my back was hurting. I heard that noise again and started walking toward it, “Where you going?” “To Pee, damn it. Why you wanna watch?” “Hell No.”

I went maybe ten feet deeper into the woods and started to look around. I heard my name being called but I was lost now. I sighed, ‘You have the worst mother ever my son.’ I walked toward the voices and then I heard a growling to my left. I backed a way, I knew that sound. Told you it wasn’t going to end well. He was suited up and pissed, “Wat the hell do you think you’re doing?” I sighed, ‘Oh great, a pissed Wolverine and I smelled like Victor.’ “Um, trying not to die.” He growled and walked toward me. I heard the Blackbird above us and yelling. I stood there looking at him, my heart was telling me to tell him everything, but my mind was rebelling against the thought. He had no right to me.

He reached me and did the opposite of what I thought he would. He pulled me into his arms, “You scared me Marie.” I felt shaking, but I realized it was me not him. I wrapped my arms around him, “I want to go home Logan.”
End Notes:
Review PLEASE.
Chapter 19 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
OOOOOOOOO SPLEA Love this chapter. Thanks to WolvieDoesItBest for helping me get lost in my story. Heart You Forever. Only Two More Months to go.
Month 7 September

Logan:

After the events of last month things had changed between Logan and the mother of his child, he recalled the scent of her fear and that he had felt her shaking. Once she had told him that they had threatened to inject her with something and she had gone willingly, he understood a little bit, but not before he saw red and he claws had slid out. He recognized her need to protect their son; he just didn’t understand why she didn’t do more to escape, or call for his help sooner. Thankfully, she wasn’t hurt and he felt ashamed that he could’ve hurt her. She had clutched his uniform in her small fingers until they got to the infirmary. Hank checked her out and gave her an all clear. Logan carried her up to their room where he drew a bath for them both. There was no way he was going to let her walk all the way up to their room after such a crisis. Once it was full, he stripped her slowly, gently because he didn’t want to scare her by being so urgent. Then he gave her a little show of her own, by crossing his arms as he pulled up his undershirt, so that she could take in his defined chest once he’d unzipped and taken off his uniform jacket. Logan caught her sucking on her lower lip as she watched him. He finished undressing, smiled, and took her hand before he helped her climb into the tub. Then he climbed in behind her…

‘Takin’ our rightful place,’ he thought out of the blue. He figured it was the animal. But was it his ‘rightful’ place? She wasn’t legally his… Sure she had his kid forming inside her womb, but once he was born, would she want to stay with him? In reality, there were doubts… She hadn’t said she loved him back and that was pretty major. After the boy was born, would she take off and go back to the Brotherhood? And if they threatened her again, would she stay? She leaned her head on his shoulder with her eyes closed. He set there and thought about their relationship which he thought was one-sided with him being open and her closed. He had said, ‘I love you,’ almost four months ago and hadn’t even gotten an, ‘I like you too.’ He sighed.

She opened her eyes and searched his face, “Logan.” He turned to look at her, Rogue’s eye always held him captivated. “I need to tell you something I should have told you sooner. I love you.” She nuzzled into his neck. Logan was in shock then and would be now whenever she said it to him. Now that she had declared herself there was no more tension between them. Whenever he thought of her now, the Wolverine would say, “She said it back. Now ask her.” Marriage had seriously begun to weigh on his mind a few days after he’d confessed his love for her and considering it had been an interesting notion; after all she was the mother of his child. He only wanted her, now no other woman compared. None was as strong, brave, smart, or beautiful; no other character in another female compared anymore.

He still drank and smoked but not as much as he used to. He only went out when Rogue had said she had enough of him hovering. When he came home she was in his bed and would cuddle up with him as he got comfortable. On overnight missions he missed her and most of the time he couldn’t sleep. Sometimes he would call her. He was a goner, she had him in the palm of her hand and if she ever decided to close that hand she would crush him. When she talked to other men now he wasn’t jealous because he knew she was his. The other night Rogue had defended him to Scott, hell she took his side even though he was wrong.

That had settled it; he was now looking for an engagement ring. He stood inside a jewelry store with Kit and JuJu. He was looking for something unique, something that would stand for him and Rogue. He thought about it as he looked at different cuts and colors with different bands. “Hey Logan, what about dog tags?” Logan thought about this and remembered she had a set of her own that he had only seen once and that was by accident. They had both of her names, code and personal, her serial number, power, and blood type. They were hidden in the back of her drawer in a pair of socks, it was clear she hadn’t wanted him to find them. “No, I think a little more traditional but still unique.” He walked down the counter a little more when he saw it. A large diamond rested in the center of two bands of smaller cut emeralds. The emerald color reminded him of her eyes. He called over the sales lady, “Can I see that one? What is the band made of?” The sales woman pulled out a card and read, “Adamantium. It’s really rare.”

‘I guess the government doesn’t have the market on adamantium anymore,’ Logan thought as he picked up the small ring and studied it carefully.

“I’ll take it.”

He got back to the mansion and found her sitting outside by the pool with Hank. She wore a tank top and a pair of cotton shorts. Rogue and Hank were talking about the harmfulness of her sitting out in the sun and Hank was losing. Logan laughed to himself, not wanting to disturb the verbal sparring just yet. Hank lost their arguments all the time. You would think Hank would learn that the woman was stubborn and got her way all the time. “Go away Hank, I have sunscreen on. Don’t worry.” Hank gave up and walked away and he figured it was safe to move in. “When is he going to learn?” She asked as she smiled up at him. “Hi.” “Hi,” he set down where Hank had vacated. “How are you?” She was smiling he couldn’t see her eyes behind her sunglasses, “Better.” When he didn’t say much more than that he heard her ask, “Logan, are you ok? You seem distracted.” “I’m fine, what ‘bout you?” She rolled her eyes and he realized he’d already asked her how she was.

She rubbed her belly, “Your son is a freaking ninja. That reminds me, we need to talk about names. I know you don’t want him named after you so now we have to come up with something not wussy as you put it. I was thinking maybe Cristian, Lafayette, Noel, or maybe Remy.” She was waiting for a reaction and Logan wasn’t going to give in. “Nope. Pick something else.” She sighed, “How ‘bout Brody Jensen Lee?” He laughed out loud, “That’s very southern don’t you think?” She shook her head, “Nope it’s just right, after all, his mama is from the Deep South.” Logan stood up and extended his hand for her which she took pulling herself up. “I’ll think about it, until then think of other names.”

“Whatever.“ He watched as she waddled away or that’s what she said she did, “I feel like a Wibble Wobble.” He shook his head the woman was starting the ‘I’m fat’ phase and he had to prove she wasn’t.
Although Kitty and Jubes weren’t helping the matter much… Especially Jubes. She almost died the other day at the end of Rogue’s fingers, when she said and I quote, “Whoa, you’re huge. How can your belly stretch anymore?” The look on Rogue’s face clearly said death and he had to run interference until Jubes could get out of the room. Oh and Jean wasn’t helping either. He had overheard her talking to Scott, “When we have kids, I hope I don’t get that big.” That one he let follow its course, Jean was now afraid to say anything or even be in the same room with Rogue. To Logan she was just right and to Hank she hadn’t gained enough weight but Hank refused to be the one to tell her.

He thought about the ring in his pocket, it would have to wait right now. He needed to prove that she was just right for him and that it didn’t matter what everyone else thought.
End Notes:
Ok Review. PS DO NOT STEAL MY BABY'S NAME that is my future son's name. Brody is from OneLiveToLive. Jensen is Jensen Ackles from Supernatural/DarkAngel/BloodyValentine/GuidingLight. Lee is my great-uncle who I thought of as a father. I know it's weird don't judge me. LOL Happy Reading.
Chapter 20 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Thanks to WolvieDoesItBest without her there would be no story.
Month 8 October

Rogue:

“BABY SHOWER!” Jubilation Lee screamed down the hall. Upon hearing this, she rolled over and hid her face in Logan’s chest. She felt him chuckle, so she pushed her belly into his side. Their son was kicking. He stopped, “Do you know how strange that is?” She laughed. She felt him watching her, just then Jubes came down the hall again, “KITTY MOVE YOUR ASS CHICA. WE HAVE LESS THAN THREE HOURS.” She groaned as Logan laughed. “Why are you in such a good mood?” Logan shrugged as he got up, “I don’t know… I just am.” She rolled her eyes as she went to the bathroom.

She pulled on a green peasant dress that hung just above her knees. These dresses were the only thing that neither Hank nor Logan complained about unless it was cut low. She put on her flip-flops and walked down the hall. When she came out of the bathroom, Logan was gone and it was quiet. She went to go find Remy, he never coddled her and he never said something was bad for her; this was why she loved Remy. She knocked on his bedroom door, “Come in.” She slipped inside his room, he lie on the bed covered in a sheet and that was it. “Scoot over.” He obliged. She lay beside him. His arm was thrown over his face covering his eyes.

“So, how are you feeling, mon amie?” She laid her head on his chest. “Like I’m going to bust at any minute. I can’t wait.” Remy laughed, “You look like it.” She sighed. They just laid there, it was an easy silence, and eventually like most pregnant women she fell asleep. Remy wrapped her in his arms and also fell asleep. She woke up to a gasp…

‘Awww Dammit, it had to be fucking Jubes, didn’t it.’ Jubes took off down the hall… ‘If she tattled to Logan… Shit, I’ve gotta move my large ass.’

“Jubilation, wait a minute.” She only got as far as setting on the edge of the bed. She groaned and lay back while Remy laughed, “I don’t know why you’re laughing, if she’s going where I think she’s going, you’re a dead man.” Remy sobered up real fast, “Shit Marie, you had to get pregnant by a feral, didn’t you.” She growled at him. “Get up and help me up swamp rat.”

Remy laughed at her and did as she said. Once Remy finally got her up she wrapped her arms around him and heard growling coming from the door. She sighed as Remy jumped away from her, “Stop it Logan, I’m so not in the mood.” She kissed Remy on the cheek and left the room with Logan following her, “I thought we were over this.” “We are, but you were in his room, in his bed so excuse me if I get a little possessive.” She couldn’t even get mad she was so tired. She went into the TV room.

Later that day…………

She was sitting in a circle of females and the males stood on the outside talking, it wasn’t the traditional Baby Shower. The women were eating and talking but they were asking all kinds of questions:

“So let me ask you something, Rogue. What is the worst thing about being pregnant?”

She sighed looking at the young girl who kept glancing at Remy, “Jubes, the worst part is you’re responsible for this little person and you can’t protect them the way you’re used to because that means you could hurt them if you get hurt. I feel so helpless sometimes.”

“Okay then, what’s the best part?”

“The best part, knowing that he is healthy and loved, that I could create life instead of tearing it apart.”

“Wow. Is there anything you regret?” Jean asked.

“Yeah, not being married, I mean it’s fine that I’m not, but where I’m from, it’s shameful.”

Storm was next and her question made almost everyone in the room blush except for Rogue and Logan, “Is sex better or does it hurt?”

Rogue laughed hard as she looked around the room at people’s faces, “Oh hell yes, the sex is mind blowing, but we have to be careful.”

It took a while for another brave soul to ask a question, Rogue was still grinning ear from ear from the last one, “So are you scared that it’s going to hurt?” This was Kitty.

“I don’t think it’s going to hurt any worse than the time I…,”she trailed off as she saw Logan shake his head.

“The time you what?” “Nothing.” Jubes groaned. “Logan, you don’t let us have any fun.”

Logan shrugged. Rogue smiled at him and told him to come here with her finger. He walked toward her, “What?” She patted the empty seat beside her as he set. “You get to open presents while I eat.” He groaned, “I knew I should have left when I had the chance.” The women laughed. After an hour of opening presents and oohing and aweing, she could tell Logan had had enough. “Okay, I think I need a nap.” She was about to stand up when Logan stood and landed on one knee before her. It felt like she couldn’t breathe, ‘It’s a joke. Right?’ He was looking at her and pulled a velvet box out of his pocket. He opened the small box. There were gasps from the women behind him. He held it up, eyes close to tears, and asked with emotion in his voice, “Rogue… Marie, will you marry me?” She shook her head but she wasn’t saying no, she was trying to clear her head. She saw the hurt look on his face and grabbed his hand before he could escape, “I would love to marry you, Logan.” She had tears in her eyes. She was in love, pregnant, and now engaged to a wonderful man. He kissed her and placed the ring on her finger.

She gasped, “It’s gorgeous.” She stood up and hugged him. “I love you and I love our son. I couldn’t ask for anything else.” He smiled, “Me either, you’re the best thing that has ever happened to me, Marie.” He whispered the last part just for her. He moved away so the women could get a good look at her ring. There were squeals in the room. While the women were gawking at the ring, the men were congratulating Logan. “Okay people, I’m tired and I’ve had enough of people touching my belly,” she glared at Kitty and Jubes. “I’m going to take a nap. Thanks for everything guys.” She grabbed Logan’s hands and pulled him down the hall behind her. Before they got to the elevator Rogue heard Jubes say to Kitty, “I bet they’re gonna have the, ‘He-just-gave-me-a-ring-sex now.”

“You bet your ass,” Logan yelled back.

Rogue punched him in the shoulder as they got into the carriage of the elevator.
End Notes:
Please Review. Heart You Forever.
Chapter 21 by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
Thanks to WolvieDoesItBest, the best Beta anyone can ask for. Heart you forever.
Month 9 November

Logan:

Marie hadn’t been sleeping that good for the last couple of nights. We had been through her nesting phase earlier in the week, where she cleaned the entire staff kitchen and the cafeteria kitchen for the students. She even did all our laundry and Jubilee’s as well when she couldn’t sleep; these last couple of nights had been different though. I smelled a little shift in her hormones and I wondered if something was wrong with the baby. I focused in and I heard the baby’s heart beat keeping to a steady fast beat. Marie’s was beat I noticed had sped up but she wasn’t in danger. Then I would hear it slow… I figured she was having contractions and was bravely trying to hide them from me. She had finally given up trying to lie comfortably propped up on my chest and she sat up to turn on her lamp before she fully sat up with her legs crossed Native American style. She propped herself up against the headboard attached to the wall and began to rub her belly. I noticed her wincing every time she passed her hand over a certain area. She was in labor had been for a while; the contractions weren’t strong enough for her to go down to the med lab. She said that once her water broke she would go but not until then.

I didn’t argue because I knew better; however it didn’t stop me from feeling anxious. This was my first child and I didn’t know anything about how this all worked… I mean I knew how babies were born after takin’ Lamaze classes with Marie; I just hadn’t been around too many pregnant women in the past that I could remember. And earlier this week she’d gone through two episodes of Braxton Hicks contractions. That was pretty damn scary, but Hank walked us through it. He put her on bed rest for a couple days. I hated having to trust Hank with my life but it felt that way. Marie and my son had become my life. I watched as she took a deep breath and blew out slowly. “Are you okay?” she nodded. I felt her stiffen and then abruptly grab my leg with a death grip, “Logan, my water just broke.” I took a deep breath and sent a little prayer up, thankin’ God that I put double towels down on the bed for her to sleep on just in case. I took another deep breath and got up to help her up off the bed. I helped her get into the hospital style gown open in the back and then we put her robe on over it. As she tied it I helped her put on her slippers. Then she took my arm and we went down the hall.

‘Oh God, this is really happenin’,’ Logan thought. ‘I’m gonna be a dad soon…’

In the elevator, she had her head on my chest breathing while I rubbed her back in big circles and figure eights. When the doors opened, I just scooped her up into my arms and helped her go the rest of the way to the infirmary bay Hank had set aside for this moment. I gently set her down on the t-shirt material-like bed sheet.

“I’ll be right back baby, just hold on.” She nodded.

I hated seeing her in pain and the animal in me began to panic. Its’ mate was hurt. I went through the doors, diagonally across the hall to the med lab, and to Hank’s office, “It’s time.” I turned and knew Hank was following me. I went back, pulled up a chair, and set beside Marie. I took her hand into mine and it seemed so small and delicate, yet as she had another contraction, I felt the strength in her grip.

“Okay let’s examine you and then we’ll go from there.” He told her to bend her legs, “How long have you been having contractions?”

“She’s had them since yesterday afternoon.”

Hank just nodded and pulled his glove on, “This might be a little uncomfortable.” She winced and I felt a growl in my chest. “It seems that you only have about two centimeters dilated. It could be a while before you’re fully dilated. Do you want an epidural?”

She was bearing down on my hand and for once I was grateful for my metal enhanced bones.

“You. Know. I. Hate. Needles.”

‘I do too baby, I do too,” Logan thought to himself.

Hank was watching her and asked, “You do realize that once you are ready to push, you will be in serious pain, my dear?” She nodded, “I’ve been in worse pain then this.”

“Just take a few moments and think it over. Discuss it between you. If you should change your mind, I will be prepping for the delivery. I’ll come to check on you in a little bit.”

“I don’t think I will change it, but thanks,” she offered. I covered her back up and sat in the chair beside her. She shook her head, “Sit behind me Logan, you’re not close enough.”

“You sure? Wouldn’t you rather have me here so you have something to aim insults or pillows at, or focus on?”

That got her to laugh a little before she felt another contraction coming on. She breathed through it as she held the upper bed rails with one hand while the other rubbed her belly. When the contraction passed, I stood, put the bed rail down, before I threw a leg around her backside, and carefully slid in behind her. She sighed and relaxed against me as I placed my hands on her belly. I felt her stomach tighten and then relax.

“Hey, pup inside mommy, please take it easy. Relax, you’ll see us soon. Thanks, from your daddy,” Logan tried to speak to the unborn babe.

It was few hours before Hank finally said she was ready to push. Jean and Jubes were the only other people there. Yellow was silently freaking out and Jean was practically pale. I was being threatened with my life and Rogue was swearing up a storm, calling me every bad name she could think of, and pushing. At one point, Marie even threatened to cut off my manhood that happened to be pressed up against her backside through my sweats. I took it all in stride and remembered that I forgot my shirt. Maybe that was why Jean went pale? After an hour of all of this, their son Brody Jensen Lee Logan was born. Jubes had passed out and Jean had ended up taking care of her. Rogue was panting and collapsed in my arms as Hank took the baby and put it in a warmer while he did the APGAR testing they mentioned in Lamaze class. He checked the appearance of his skin tone for circulation, pulse to make sure his heart was beating right, grimace reflex when Hank tickled his foot, activity to check the newborn’s muscle tone, and then he lastly checked little Brody’s respiration to make sure the lungs of the child were okay. I could hear the child cry and the animal in me wanted out to protect the offspring since another feral had control of him.

“Something wrong Doc?” I asked when Hank hadn’t come back with my son... Our son.

“He’s a ten, Logan and Marie. He’s a ten. Forgive me. I had to complete his testing. First five minutes he did just fine and he’s passed the ten minute mark.”

Logan carefully got out of the bed while Rogue slept peacefully. She was exhausted.

“Would you like to hold your son, Logan?”

“Sure,” I said before he gently passed the kid to me.

“Make sure you hold him tightly and support his neck.”

“Thanks, Blue.”

“No problem, Old Man.”

He never thought that he’d be here. He was in love, engaged, and a father. It was never on his to-do list but once it happened, he knew he would never change a thing. Looking down at his son there was nothing he wouldn’t do for this child or his mother. He couldn’t wait to be married. He wanted more kids but she had said, “Logan, you are never touching me ever again, you animal bastard!” He laughed at her then and for once, felt happy, and fulfilled.
End Notes:
Please Review.
Epilogue by Sparroe
Author's Notes:
MAJOR THANKS TO WolvieDoesItBest. Heart you forever.
Their son was a year old now and walking, which caused so many problems for his parents. He was everywhere and that sucked for Logan who currently was alone with his son. BJ had almost flushed his keys, rubbed jelly on the walls, and got in the cabinet with the pans. “Goddamn, where the hell is your momma?” When BJ finally went down for his nap, Logan was thankful and grabbed a beer. Before he knew it he fell asleep on the couch in the boat house loft apartment. They consented to move out there when all their friends complained of no sleep from the baby crying in the middle of the night. She walked in and spotted Logan asleep on the couch with her son’s small head upon his white undershirt. Then she backed up and threw down her bags next to the wall outside of the living room, so that she wouldn’t wake him up. She hated when she had to work but she had to support her son and was very much able to, in spite of Logan’s repeated attempts to get her to let him earn the money for their family. See, for Marie, it just wasn’t about supporting her son and getting a break to breath; she needed the work for a psychological boost for Rogue. Rogue needed to feel she was still useful and needed. Although mercenary work wasn’t always legal it did pay enough that she could work for a week and be off for months. Then she stood just inside the entryway, looking at her husband, who by the way, was still an X-man and didn’t approve of her line of work. Logan had a cigar in one hand and a beer in the other. She walked over to him taking the beer and cigar. She set on the coffee table and pulled his boots off while he mumbled in his sleep. She slid his feet on to the couch and pulled a blanket over him.

Logan and her son had stayed asleep as she moved them to a better position. Marie thought that they must have had a busy day if they were still so hard at sleep. She smiled at him as he slept. He looked so much like his father. If she only had a camera… She decided to clean up, which the house needed. As she began to clean she thought about how she became so domesticated. After her son was born she kind of flipped and left for a little while but got over when she realized it was just those voices in her head that said she couldn’t do it. When she came back to her son, he was only a month old. Logan had done everything by himself… Except on those rare occasions when he needed the help of Jean, Ororo, Kitty, and Jubes. Although he’d never admit to actually asking for help, being that he was the big, bad Wolverine. But he had made sure they didn’t have a major part in BJ’s life so that he wouldn’t think they were his mommy. She had offered him the option of her leaving again or her helping raise their son. He had surprised her by saying he still loved her, through all the pain she put him through when she left, and if she wanted they could still be together. She had accepted fully through lots of tears on both sides and when Brody was five months old they got married.

She had let Jubes plan it and it had been fine because Logan had vetoed almost everything. It was simple and quiet. Logan had worn black jeans with a black dress shirt and a red tie which was fine with her but it worried everyone else that he was getting married in jeans. Jubes even made a Johnny Cash crack about Marie marrying, the man in black and that she practically looked like June… To which she got growls from Logan, Marie, and to everyone’s surprise, little Brody. He’d picked it up from his daddy rather early… Logan arched his eyebrow, carried that proud, ‘that’s my boy,’ look the rest of the ceremony. Marie had worn a simple white dress it was fitted down to her hips where it flared with lace sleeves and backless. Her veil was also lace and was pinned into her hair which had worn down. She didn’t want flowers but Jubes insisted, so she held calla lilies in her hands, flown in from southern Africa by Ororo, as she went down the aisle where her son was being held by Remy and her future husband stood. She thought once it got to this point she would run again, but no she married him. They had some problems in the beginning like the past relationships with Remy and Jean but, eventually both realized that they were endgame for each other. She loved her little family and she couldn’t wait to tell him there would be another little Logan running around soon... She wondered if he’d caught her changed scent. Thinking about that she laughed at his phone call just a few days ago, “Do you know what your son did?” “No, what did he do?” She was standing in a room with a man tied to a chair. “He took Elf’s power and was popping everywhere. I almost had a heart attack when he poofed into the goddamn danger room. It was on and Scooter had kids in there training.”

She was laughing and the guy in the chair looked scared, “What is so damn funny Marie? Your son is driving me crazy and he could have been hurt.” “He has your power too. I’m not worried. I’ll be home in a few days, don’t panic.” Her son was a mixture of the bad and good in both of his parents and it made her happy… Although it made Jean swear she’d never have kids of her own… However, Scott talked her into adopting a mutant child that had been abandoned. The new parents lucked out when they found out that the mutation the child had was that he was a math and science genius. Logan growled at him from time to time when he saw Scooter teaching him how to be another stick in the mud, fearless leader.

Marie had just finished the kitchen and was standing at the counter when she felt strong arms wrap around her, “You didn’t have to clean I was going to get it.” “Yeah well it sounded like you had a harder time than I did so I figured this would be a surprise. Oh yeah I got something to tell you.” “Yeah, What?” Just than BJ started crying, “Hold that thought.” She followed him and watched as he rocked BJ back to sleep. “Do you remember when I said I would never let you touch me again after Brody was born?” “Yeah?” “Well I really should have stuck to that.” “Why?” ‘Damn he was being slow,’ she thought. She walked up to him and placed her lips at his ear, “I’m pregnant Logan.” She left him staring at her stunned.
End Notes:
Let me know. Thanks for reading.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3953