Alteration by Novagrey21
Summary: What would you do if you coulnd't find the one you love and you didn't even know where to look.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Action, Adult, Angst, Drama
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 4737 Read: 37500 Published: 01/19/2012 Updated: 03/22/2012

1. The Loss of Me by Novagrey21

2. O’ Dear God…Where am I? by Novagrey21

3. Great balls of Fire by Novagrey21

4. Something Doesn’t Smell Right by Novagrey21

5. Diamond in the Rough by Novagrey21

6. Doppelganger by Novagrey21

7. Love Is Blind by Novagrey21

8. Somewhere In Time by Novagrey21

The Loss of Me by Novagrey21
Author's Notes:
Rogues gone mia
Screeching alarms seemed to sound from all over the building, as Rogue ran through the hallway towards the barred doors holding mutants being used for experimentation. She reached the first set of holding cells, looking inside she saw the same face she wore when she was on the road, a piece of her was glad she never ended up in a place like this. Using the enhanced strength from Carol she was able to rip the doors off their hinges, and directed the scared mutants who varied in age to follow the stairs where Scott, Bobby, Jubilee, and Kitty would direct them to the jet. Considering the size of the building her other teammates were scoping the other levels for more captives. Reaching the final set of doors at the end of her area, she released those captives some so weak that they had to support themselves on one of the stronger captives. She stood in front of the last door and tore it away; a young boy who was curled in a ball on the floored shuddered when she neared him.

“It’s okay I’m here to help ya,” she said quietly as she squatted down to his level so he could see her face. “What’s ya name hun?”

“ G G G Gre Gregory Ri Ri Richards.” He responded between his teeth clicking together.

Rogue grabbed a blanket off the bed they provided him, it wasn’t great but it would do until they reached the jet. Scooping him up into his arms with the blanket, he clung to her for her body heat.

** Rogue are you okay? Logan said he smelled gas in the building hurry up and get out of there, ** Scott’s booming voice clicked in her ear-com.

**I’m coming Slim, I’m not far I’m almost at the entrance with a little bundle of joy. **

Logan joined the conversation, ** Darlin don’t make me come in there an’ get you. **

Finally reaching the front entrance of the lab, she saw all her teammates waiting for her a safe distance away should the building explode. Rogue couldn’t help noticing the look of assurance emerge on Logan’s face.

She was a few steps onto the front lawn when she felt extreme heat radiating around, she kneeled down to take the brute force of the explosion to protect Gregory. The last thing she heard other than the roaring of the fire and pieces of building falling back to earth was Logan screaming her name.
End Notes:
Where oh where has our Rogue gone to
O’ Dear God…Where am I? by Novagrey21
Author's Notes:
Hmm the plot thickens
It took a moment for me to register two things: one I no longer felt the curvature of the small boy I was holding earlier, and two I no longer felt the painful sting of the fire from the explosion. Lifting my head from my crouched position on the ground, I looked around at my surroundings and notice much to my surprise that I was in the middle of nowhere. Civilization was nowhere to be seen—No buildings…No people… No friends.

“I guess were not in Kansas anymore,” I said to myself feeling the loneliest I’ve ever felt. The Carol in my head was unnervingly silent for once, in the last three years she never seemed to have the ability to shut the fuck up, and now when she needed her most she wasn’t to be found. The Eric and Logan in her head disappeared in the recesses of her mind a long time ago, only shadows of them appeared from time to time. She was completely alone.
Looking around at my surroundings again, I saw a major highway with a small collection of stalled cars on it.
“I guess northeast it is.”

Following my gut I headed northeast not knowing where I was, or what happened for me to get here, but with blind faith I made my way down the unknown highway to god knows where.
Great balls of Fire by Novagrey21
Author's Notes:
Our favorite weather goddesses pov
The others stood back as the flames of the explosion engulfed and danced around their teammate; Scott had to hold back Logan so he didn’t run into the hot swirling masses to retrieve Rogue, if it wasn’t for the man being to shocked to fight back Scott would of loss that battle.

“Marie.”

Storm could feel Logan’s gut wrenching scream through her bones, Rogue was not only her teammate but was also a good friend. Noticing the fire die a little, her eyes turned pure white as she unleashed a downpour of rain to snuff out the remaining flames, and without a scratch on her was Rogue still cradling the little boy in her arms.

She and her team members ran over to the young woman and the boy in her arms, she wasn’t sure if the other members of the team notice it but Storm noticed that something was dissimilar in the way the Rogue in front of her carried herself---it was almost like she hadn’t had human contact for years. As Jean went to get the little boy out of Rogue’s grasp, it didn’t escape Storms attention that she tensed up her shoulders and squeezed her hand up into a fist ready to fight.

“Let’s go home team,” Scott’s fearless leader voice rippled in the ash filled air surrounding the lab that was now a pooling reservoir of ash, rubble and hot metal, and it also broke her trance-like observation of Rogue.
Making their back to the X-jet that was hidden with the high-tech cloaking device the professor had installed, Storm continued to observe Rogue’s odd behavior. She was studying her surroundings with a keen and cautious eye, and when Logan approached her she looked at him like he was a stranger instead of her best friend of several years.

If Logan noticed her strange behavior, he didn’t seem to care very much that she was acting differently. Somehow Logan was able to soothe this cautious Rogue onto the jet, and sit with her the entire way back.

If Storm hadn’t taught this young woman and trained her, if she hadn’t become one of Rogue’s best friends, and if she hadn’t learned to read people as a child to survive she never would have noticed the subtle differences that she was displaying. The Rogue they had on this jet with them was not the Rogue they all loved and cared for--- this woman was a stranger.
End Notes:
Logans pov next
Something Doesn’t Smell Right by Novagrey21
Author's Notes:
Logans pov of Maries odd behavior
“Marie.” Logan screamed her name to the heavens, not that anyone was really listening. The smoke from the flames was thick in the air, that even with his heightened sense of smell he couldn’t smell burnt flesh or death in the air. Somewhere between his grief and unanswered prayers he ended up on his knees as close to the flames as he could get.

Looking up toward the sound of water hitting the earth, Logan thought he saw the outline of two bodies covered by water and steam. Water was dripping from Marie’s auburn and white hair as she still clung onto the boy safe in her grasp, Logan clawed at the dirt beneath him to get over to where Marie was.

Logan was the first to reach Rogue, he immediately started to check for injuries he didn’t see or smell any blood on her or the boy. Although what Rogue went through with Carol was awful he was thankful Rogue had Carol’s gift of invulnerability. The others weren’t far behind him; Marie was standing by the time they got over. They all circled around her and the boy and Logan could have sworn when Jean took the boy from Marie she was on the defensive—if the way her hand balled up into a fist was anything to go by.

“Let’s go home team,” Scoot said not too far behind him. Marie seemed on edge with everyone, including him.
Making their way back to the X-Jet, Logan was briefly separated from Marie. Looking back in her direction he noticed Marie was looking around at her surroundings with extreme caution.

~Wonder what’s up with that girl.~

Making his way back to her, he couldn’t help feeling a little bit hurt by the way she looked at him when he stood in front of her; like he was creature from the black lagoon instead of her best friend of the last seven years.

Pushing his feelings aside, he figured she was still disoriented from the explosion. Both of them made their way to the x-jet hidden in the thick bushel of trees, and he hoped she would be back to being herself by the time they reached the mansion.
Diamond in the Rough by Novagrey21
Author's Notes:
miss rogue where are you?
It seemed like days passed as I trekked up the abandon highway, my lips were starting to feel like sandpaper as they begin to crack and peel under the blistering heat, and I had to look toward the pavement to avoid the glare of the sun reflecting off the car surfaces.

~Professor? Jean? Can you hear me? HELP!!!~

Considering I was extremely uncomfortable I couldn’t use the meditating techniques the professor taught me to contact him or even determine where all the personalities in my head went. I was running out of options I knew I needed to find some type of shelter from the heat, and at the rate I was walking without water I would probably have a heatstroke in the next 30 minutes to an hour. Flying wasn’t an option either since I was already severely dehydrated. Deciding my best option would be looting the cars in my vicinity, I could look for food, supplies, and if I was lucky water.

I rummaged through four cars not finding much of anything, so I walked to the next cluster of vehicles to see what they carried; using my enhanced strength it was fairly easy to open the vehicles doors. I found some MRE’s in a crappy looking pickup truck, a beach bag with sunscreen, lip balm, and a beach-hat in a minivan, and a decent bag of groceries with edible food. I still needed to find water, as famished as I was I knew I wouldn’t make much longer without water.

I stuffed the elements I obtained in the beach bag and continued in the original direction I was headed on the highway. I wasn’t even ten feet away from where I started and something caught my eye, curiosity outweighed caution and I made my way over to the foreign object. Seeing it was a frayed looking old newspaper I picked it up and the headline caught my eye.

“Hmm... that’s odd,” I spoke aloud to myself.

Trying to make sense of what I was reading I happened to look at the date on the top right. It was at that moment I knew my luck went from bad skipped worse and went straight to disastrous.
Doppelganger by Novagrey21
Author's Notes:
My computer is being a pain in the ass and going haywire. I want to apologize sorry guys for any incovinience.

Here is stranger Rogues' pov
It had been nearly two weeks since she had been under the same roof as the X-men.

~WOW!~

She never thought she would have the opportunity to see the X-men again, in her future they were either split up or dead. Over the past few weeks she got to bask in her old memories and be with old friends she hadn’t laid eyes on in years, but it wasn’t as though this timeline didn’t have its differences.

In her timeline she shared a passionate romance with Gambit, and he was also one of the few X-men she still had contact with in her present. The relationship this Rogue had with her Gambit wasn’t intimate as of yet but there was the definite potential for it. Jubilee and Kitty were how she remembered them; they were also part of her group in her present. The Jubilee she knew still had the same feisty attitude, and raunchy sense of humor. The Kitty in this time was much more complacent then the one she knew. The fact that she was friends with Jean was extremely surprising the one in her time was a manipulative bitch, this one seemed okay other than the fact that she thought the world still revolved around her. The most surprising difference was how Logan treated her. She felt awkward around him because he would flirt with her; give her small touches on her back or shoulders, and he would stare at her in she was in his vicinity. Supposedly the Rogue and Logan in this time had a weekly ritual where they would go to the movies together.

So the first week he came knocking at her door she was at a loss for words. When she was younger she always dreamed Logan would stare at her that way, but he always had his sights on Jean, and when he found out Jean was playing him he moved on to the next woman which wasn’t her. So she gave up on having anything with Logan a long time ago. Now she was getting what she wished for so long ago, but truth be told she wasn’t sure she felt the same way about Logan anymore. Funny thing about moving on is once you’ve moved forward with your life it’s very hard to go backward. So standing there in her sleepwear she gave him a confused look when she saw he was fully dressed.

“Umm… Hi Logan, can I help you with something?”

Letting out a deep, bellowing laugh at her statement he said, “Come on Marie. We go to the movies every week,” when she still didn’t seem to register what he was saying the smile on his face disappeared, and was replaced with hurt ,confusion, and smothered rage. “You really don’t know what I’m talking about huh? Well it’s nice that you were thinking about me.”

She had to think fast on her feet to get out of this one, she didn’t come back here to ruin this girls’ relationships—fitting in was a necessity if she was going to be successful in her mission.

“Sorry Logan, it’s just things have been a little hazy since the explosion.”

He still stared at her with that poker face, his nostrils flared a bit in what she guessed was him trying to determine if she was lying. She wasn’t really lying just bending the truth, which she hoped he wouldn’t pick up.

“Did you still want to go? Or are you going to bed?”

She could tell he was looking forward to this movie, and even though in her reality she hasn’t spoken to Logan in nearly six years she felt bad about hurting this one.

“Yeah of course I do just give me about 10 minutes to get ready”

“Ok Marie. Don’t take forever,” she couldn’t help smiling at seeing the relief wash over his face.

It didn’t take her long to get ready, and Logan was at her door waiting for her. They actually had a good time; the movie was entertaining it was some sci-fi action flick.

It didn’t take her long to figure out the Rogue and Logan in this time hadn’t gotten intimate yet, he was cautious with his touches but not in an awkward teenage boy way. He would brush my thigh here and there, or rub his arm against mine on the armrest.

She felt really awkward with Logan sexually advancing on her of all people. Was it still considered infidelity if your partner was in another timeline? Would it be right to advance on the other Rogues’ Logan? Hell she wasn’t even sure she was in love with Logan anymore.

The ride back to the mansion was a quiet one she didn’t really know how to initiate a conversation with the man. When they reached the mansion she wanted to dash from the car and go straight to her room, but that wasn’t much of a luxury. As they walked through the front door Logan decided to initiate some conversation between the two of them.

“So did you like the movie?”

“Yeah I had fun we should do dinner next time instead though,” she said it jokingly but Logan to that as her asking him out.

“I know a nice place we can go to next week. Do you like Mexican?"

When she was about to tell him she just said it as a joke, Jean walked out toward the main entryway deciding her appearance known to the both of them.

“Hi Logan. Rogue. Rogue you look a little tired you should probably get some rest.”

~Yeah she didn’t like this Jean very much either~

Rogue rolled her eyes at Jean for interrupting Logan and hers conversation, but since she was feeling a little tired she decided not to say anything back. So heading upstairs toward my room I answered Logan’s question.

“Mexican sounds good to me Logan consider it a date.”

Rogue was already at the top of the first set of stairs so if Logan had an answer Rogue either didn’t hear him or he didn’t answer since she was already out of his line of sight.
End Notes:
Next week Logans pov
Love Is Blind by Novagrey21
Author's Notes:
Logans pov of thier date night
He was going to tell her last night. Logan was anticipating the other night’s movie night with Rogue. He was flirting with her every chance he got, and was only hoping she got the hint he was throwing her way. Jean wasn’t helping matters much and was starting to get on his nerves; every time he was near Marie she would suddenly appear to throw herself at him. Didn’t she have a husband who should be servicing her; he definitely knew that wasn’t his job. Jean really pissed him off when she showed up after he and Marie got back from the movie. Logan and Marie have been dancing around the subject of their feelings for each other for months, and last night was going to be the night he wanted to take things to the next level.

Rogue’s odd behavior the past two weeks didn’t help his nerves much. Since the explosion at the mutant holding lab she has been acting differently especially around him.

So to say the least saying he was nervous on thier movie night was probably an understatement. Before Rogue came into his life he never had any lasting relationships let alone emotional relationships, and now he was trying to have a serious relationship with his best friend.

Logan never put this much effort into a woman before, and her odd behavior had him putting even more effort into their relationship. He was hoping tonight would be the night he could initiate a romantic relationship with her.

Standing at her door he looked down at his clothes.

~Wow I really am acting like a teenage boy going on his first date~

Biting his lip he raised his arm only to bring it back down to rap his knuckles on her door. She opens the door and all the nervous energy he was feeling was back with a vengeance.

~Pajamas! Really! She’s wearing fucking pajamas~

“Umm… Hi Logan, can I help you with something?”

Feeling like he didn't have much of a choice he had to save face somehow. Forcing out a fake deep, bellowing laugh he answered her. “Come on Marie. We go to the movies every week.” After he said that she looked even more confused than when he was standing at her doorway. Logan was really starting to get angry, and though he’ll never admit it to her he was also hurt she had forgotten about him. “You really don’t know what I’m talking about huh? Well it’s nice that you were thinking about me.”

~Fuck now he sounds like a whiny teenager~

Still looking at her he noticed the spike of panic in her scent, and her eyes shifting back and forth like she was afraid of something. Taking a small step closer to her he could tell her panic had nothing to do with him.

“Sorry Logan, it’s just things have been a little hazy since the explosion.”

Logan felt a tinge of guilt at her response because if that was the case then she didn’t forget about him.

“Did you still want to go? Or are you going to bed?”

He was a little disappointed because he enjoyed having these weekly movie nights with Marie. Not only were they enjoyable but they also made him feel more human, and it distracted from his animal side.

“Yeah of course I do just give me about 10 minutes to get ready.”

Logan couldn’t help the wave of relief washing through him. “Ok Marie. Don’t take forever,” he said probably more brash than what was necessary so he didn’t sound like a pansy.

Marie didn’t take long to get ready, but while she was getting ready he had time to think. As much as he would love making love to Marie now was not the time to let her know how he feels.

He was pacing the hallway in front of her door when she came out; she came out wearing skinny jeans with boots, and a long sleeved forest green top.

Walking toward her he put his hand on the small of her back and started leading her to the mansions main entrance. The car was already at the front when they exited the doors, as they made their way down the steps he pushed the car clicker to unlock the doors. The ride there involved her asking what movie they were going to see, and making small talk with each other.

When they got to the theater, and he bought the tickets for Avatar a movie she was begging him to see with her for weeks, he thought she would be excited that was the movie they were seeing. If he didn’t know any better he would think the Marie he knew never came back from that explosion.

While they were watching the movie he couldn’t help making small circles on her thighs or on her arm next to his on the armrest. While he touched her he could smell her arousal, and the only thing stopping him from jumping her bones was the anxiety laced with her arousal. Her scent once again set it in stone that she wasn’t ready for a relationship with him.

When the movie was over Marie didn’t say anything to him about the movie. The whole car ride home neither of them talked which made for an awkward silence. When they got inside the mansion Logan decided to instigate a conversation.

“So did you like the movie?”

“Yeah I had fun we should do dinner next time instead though.”

~Hey that isn’t such a bad idea maybe he can finally talk to her about what’s going on~

“I know a nice place we can go to next week. Do you like Mexican?”

“Hi Logan. Rogue. Rogue you look a little tired you should probably get some rest.”

Logan didn’t mind having Jean around but man did she have some bad timing. Ever since he stopped giving her his undying attention she appear out of nowhere just to flirt with him. Logan would be the first to admit Jean was a very beautiful woman, but sometime she felt like she was the center of the universe.

Logan snickered a little when he saw Marie roll her eyes at Jean. Marie was making her way upstairs when she answered him, “Mexican sounds good to me Logan consider it a date.” He could hear she was already at the top of the stairs so he didn’t answer back.

To get away from Jean he just told her he was tired and would see her tomorrow, he could tell she was about to complain so he left her standing in the entry while he made his way to the Danger Room the one place he knew no one would bother him. Making his way down to the lower levels and to the danger room doors he entered his code opening the doors. Before he started his program he made sure the observation deck was locked to anyone but himself.

“Computer run program”

Logan look at the walls as the scenery changed from the drab gray to a bright sunny day at the beach.

“Logan over here,” Logan didn’t have to look hard to find the owner of the voice. Lying down on a towel in the sand was Marie in a bikini, Logan walked towards her ready to work out some of his aggravations.
End Notes:
Please review :D till next time my pretties
Somewhere In Time by Novagrey21
Author's Notes:
Our Rogue runs into a friend.
~Well I guess I’m definitely not in Kansas anymore~

I was still holding the dusty newspaper in my hands, the date reading as October, 5th, 2018.

“What the fuck is going on I can’t possibly be six years in the future,” I said out loud to myself. “Not much of a future to look forward to.”

“You can say that again Mon Cherie.”

I jumped at the sound of a man’s voice behind me. Turning around the anxiety I was feeling quelled at the sight of a familiar face.

“Gambit?” I said his name not so much as a question but more as surprise and disbelief that he was standing in front of me. Still thinking he wasn’t real I pulled him into a fierce hug.

“Well I see you missed me non.”

“Nah not really,” I said back to him. An odd sense of deja-vu coursed through me, when I remembered Logan and I had a similar conversation the first time he returned to the mansion.

“Gambit is glad you missed him Rogue, but it’s not safe around here belle.”

“Why not?” It came out of my mouth before I had time to process the fact that was probably a silly question to him.

“Now is not the time to go on one of your hero trips chere, there’s sentinel activity all over the place.”

~Sentinels here. Where in holy fuck did I end up at? ~

I probably didn’t know as much about Sentinels as future Gambit over here, but the few sessions we had in the Danger Room with them let me know that they were bad news and weren’t fans of the mutant population.

“I guess I wore out my welcome here so let’s get going.”

Remy grabbed me by my wrist and continued south on the highway.

“Why can’t we fly to our camp?”

Remy stopped in his tracks and since I wasn’t paying attention I ran into his built frame.

“What’s going on with you chere, you know better than that. You know it’s dangerous for us to use our abilities in broad daylight, let alone in open spaces where anyone or anything can see us.”

As he lectured me on the rules of what seemed to be my new reality I noticed the red in his eyes deepened to a scary scarlet red color. As Remy kept on lecturing about how much he was beginning to worry about me and that I constantly put myself in dangerous situations, I started to tune him out. Until he said something that I dreamed of constantly, only it came from the lips of another man.

“I’m in love with you Rogue.”

I stood there in shock because even though it wasn’t who I wanted saying those words, it was nice that a man would tell her that.

~You never had a chance with Logan anyways~

The little voice in my head was only confusing me more on my feelings for Logan and what Remy just told me. Apparently during the time I spent collecting my thought Remy was able to get me to a camouflaged Jeep not too far off the highway trail.

“Let’s go chere.”

I strapped myself into the Jeep, and off we went. To where we were going I didn’t know, but I hoped to see more of my friends, to find out what happened to the world, and guiltily I hoped I would see Logan wherever we were going.
End Notes:
till next time my pretties
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3947