Don't Walk Away by AerynsFallen
Summary: Typical how they met story. Typical for Wolverine and Rogue anyway. The rating is pretty much a precaution at this point.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: None
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read, Not Spellchecked
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 7751 Read: 31375 Published: 10/28/2011 Updated: 06/01/2012
Story Notes:
So i'm writing this using my phone considering my laptop has yet to be fixed. So chapters will be short due to my phone's limits and they will be broken into parts. sigh...i will try my best to get my laptop up and running asap.

1. Sweet Temptation by AerynsFallen

2. Mine by AerynsFallen

3. Marie by AerynsFallen

4. Untitled by AerynsFallen

5. Wolverine by AerynsFallen

Sweet Temptation by AerynsFallen
Author's Notes:
Finally!! The first chapter all in one part!!
One more hit and the brute across from him would be down. The crowd was cheering, eager for blood and absolutely certain he would give it to him. He bared his teeth in what could pass for a grin. The brute gave him the finger, completely unaware that the Wolverine could cut it off if he was so inclined. But for the moment Logan was in charge and he would pay for that insult even if it wasn't to the Wolverine's satisfaction. The man was twice Logan's size but he couldn't help but grin at the easy win.

They circled each other warily, Logan looking for an opening to strike. An opening he missed when he caught her scent. Wolverine reacted instantly, seeking her out with his eyes. Something in him reacted to her scent on a primal level and he turned his head....

BAAAM!!! His head snapped back from that blow and struck the side of the cage. Logan cursed under his breath at his own stupidity. Now was definitely not the time for the Wolverine to be distracted. Any other man would have been out cold by that hit. A hit that was clearly meant to cause significant brain damage. Hadn't held back on that one had you Brute? As it was his ears were ringing. He could already feel his face trying to swell and bruise. Not like it would. His healing factor wouldn't allow him to be even temporarily incapacitated. Now the overzealous Brute on the other hand was a whole different story. He immediately yelped and brought his hand close to his body in reaction to the pain. You could bet your ass the bones in his right hand were shattered.

Wolverine was more than pleased and he rumbled in pride. He took that moment to glance in her direction. Her smell confused him. Sweet temptation. Temptation was nothing new. But it was the other that confused him. She smelled sweet like innocence, sweet like a virgin. His belly quivered in reaction and he was instantly hard. He growled in annoyance. He wasn't attracted to virgins. He wanted women with experience. Women he could screw hard against a wall in some back alley and easily walk away from

No she would expect more. All innocent types like her did. She would want commitment and soft words and kisses that didn't bruise her mouth. She would cringe away from him in terror if she had even the slightest clue what Wolverine wanted to do to her. Really he was better off not even laying eyes on her. So Logan closed his eyes at the last second. But not before he caught sight of big brown eyes that were wide with fear and awe. Fear and awe of him. He grunted, both relieved and disappointed. Relieved she wouldn't want the likes of him anyway. Disappointed for the same reason.

He turned back to Brute, who was watching him warily. But he hadn't thrown in the towel and wasn't that interesting? But Wolverine wanted to end this so he lunged at Brute and connected with solid muscle. He was hardly deterred as his weight alone was enough to take on any man. Having adamantium bound to every bone his body did that for him.

Logan had the man pinned and he ended it quickly with two rapid punches to the face. Brute was out cold before the second hit. And still the Wolverine wasn't finished, didn't want to be finished so he punched him again, his eyes gold as his feral side took over. He wanted to rip into the man with tooth and silver claw. He wanted to end this life that had inadvertently taken her from him. Mine, his feral side roared!

Logan shook his head in confusion and disbelief. Where the hell had that come from? And still he held the man by the throat, unable to let go as a bat broke across his back. He barely felt it, too focused on controlling himself before all hell broke loose.

He sought her out hoping to calm Wolverine. Their eyes met just as someone tazered him in the back. He broke eye contact and growled, all semblance of control gone as the electricity coursed through his blood. It was the Wolverine that ripped the taser points out of his back, the Wolverine that threw off the men trying to take him down through sheer force of numbers. And only one thought was in his mind. He had to get to what was his

No! Logan stopped dead in his tracks and shook his head to clear it, forcing the Wolverine under control. He would not be going to her. No way in hell! His feral side roared in anger and Logan told him to shut the fuck up!
The crowd parted like the red sea. So many faces he recognized relaxed as the gold faded from his eyes. So many more looked ready to cry or kill him, or both. Who the fuck cared? He knew the owner and the owner knew the score. Logan was his cash cow and not even a death would stop him from making money off the Wolverine. Wasn't like the guy was dead anyway. Just out cold.

The bartender eyed him warily but he already had a few molsons at the ready. He knew not to mess the Wolverine. Yeah bub, no one messed with the Wolverine.

He sat at the complete opposite side of the girl, too tired and angry to stir up the feral in him. Everyone left him alone for awhile and he sat brooding. He could feel her gaze on him and for someone reason it was pissing him off that she smelled even better that much closer. Honeysuckle and sweet heat. What the hell was her problem?

He growled under his breath and ignored her. No reason to make her think he noticed her or anything. So he sipped his beer, growling at anyone that came near. And it wasn't until his sixth beer that Brute showed up.
Logan smelled him before he heard him. Sweat and beer and anger. Not to mention fear. The Wolverine grinned at that. Yeah the man was drunk enough to start something but not even alcohol could dull the fear. It just made you stupid.

Logan expected the guy to suckerpunch him. Wolverine relished the thought of kicking his ass yet again. They both waited impatiently. But Brute only shoved his shoulder. Fucking Coward.

"Hey asshole, you owe me money."

Logan didn't even acknowledge him. The guy shoved him again, the smell of his anger intensifying. It blocked out almost everything except sweet temptation and honeysuckle and sweet heat. Mine. And still she was afraid and her fear didn't sit well with him.

"I told ya. You owe me money."

Logan turned, his cigar jutting out of his mouth and his eyebrow raised. He looked Brute up and down.

"Look bub, I won that money fair and square by kicking your ass. Not my problem i mopped the floor with your face."

Logan expected the swing. And look at that, Brute wasn't as dumb as he looked. He swung with his remaining good fist and aimed for his stomach rather than his head. Logan grunted and smiled. Wolverine was purring at the thought of another fight so soon. He stood up from the stool and cracked his neck.

"That all ya got?"

Several other men moved to stand behind Brute. He bared his teeth at them, the more the merrier. Wolverine was pumped and his eyes flashed gold, causing Brute to take a step back.

"I know what you are freak," he taunted, mistakenly feeling safe with so many who had his back.

Logan groaned. Too many newbies that didn't know the rules. As long as nothing was said about his mutation he was free and clear to wreak havoc. Now the bartender would be forced to take Brutes side so as not to appear like a mutant lover. Damn! He was beginnin to like the place.

He had Brute's face shoved against the bar before he could blink. It was Wolverine that brought out one claw and slowly pierced Brute's face with it. He snarled at the guy's whimper and the stench of his urine as he pissed himself.

"Ya know what I am huh? Then ya know you're about to die." Cue the bartender.

The girl screamed and he spun quickly, shoving Brute away and bringing out all six claws. He cut the shotgun in the bartender's hand in half with one set of claws and gestured for the other men to stay back with the other set. He barely acknowledged the bartender's grimace. Yeah i know bub. That's the third one. He wouldn't have minded if the guy had actually shot him with it for once. No matter what he always healed, but the girl didn't.
So he glared at her briefly as he walked out the door. Who knew brown eyes could make him dizzy? He strode out like he hadn't a care in the world, his mind caught on brown eyes and sweet temptation
Mine by AerynsFallen
Author's Notes:
VSo sorry this has taken so long! Work has been craaaaazzzy. Anywho still writing on the phone since my laptop seems unfixable! waaaaaaahhh!
Still tinkering with the format so bear with me. Hope you enjoy!
~wolverine's thoughts~
Oops! Almost forgot to thank all the very awesome reviewers! THANK YOU!!!
He was pissed. Something at that bar still didn't sit well with him. Who was he kidding? He wanted to turn the truck around and finish that bastard in the bar. Maybe cut out his eyes and rip out his throat...with his teeth. Whoah there Wolverine! He hadn't been this angry in awhile. He thought back to the bar with confusion. It was exactly the same as so many other experiences. Just different faces, different names, same assholes. Only difference was...the girl. He shook his head in disbelief. The girl. Sweet temptation ~mine~ insisted the Wolverine in his head.

Logan scowled and cursed his own stupidity and confusion. Whether the stupidity was because he had let himself become distracted by the girl or because he hadn't hauled her along was what confused him. Shit he could still smell her. And it wasn't just temptation anymore. Without the harsh smells of unwashed bodies, alcohol, cigarette smoke, and blood to pollute his nose he could smell her natural scent more clearly. Honeysuckle and vanilla. ~Mine~ Wolverine practically whimpered

"Shut up you ass. She's not ours or she'd be in this truck right now." And if she was? The possibilities were endless.

He let his dirty mind wander to the thought of her sitting beside him. Her hand was on his thigh, inching closer and closer to his belt. Her small hands would unbuckle it and reach inside and touch him. He arched his hips and groaned in frustration. Even if all he had to fantasize on was big brown eyes, a pale face, red lips and a green coat that covered everything it was almost enough to set him off. And wasn't that a damn shame that she had been covered from head to toe? ~Mine!~ growled Wolverine, reminding Logan that no one needed to see her unclothed but them. He agreed with a nod even if it was a foolish thought. Not like they'd ever see her again right?

He needed a distraction from thoughts of the girl. He glanced out his mirror while readjusting himself in his pants. Damn his jeans were tight. He was scanning the road behind him when he spotted movement under the tarp in his back trailer. His eyes narrowed in disbelief when the tarp moved again.
Some stupid fuck had stowed in his trailer to catch a free ride. The steering wheel groaned in protest as his fingerprints became permantly indented in. His mood went from lusty to ready to kill in a second.

The truck and trailer swayed and slid across ice as he pressed the brakes hard. Whoever was back there was about to meet the Wolverine and in this mood they would be lucky to survive it.

He got out of the truck and slammed the door hard enough for the windows to shake. His breaths came out in puffs of frozen air and he could already feel his adamantium-laced bones aching from the cold. He really didn't need this right now. A blizzard was blowing in and he really needed to be elsewhere when it hit.

He breathed in through his nose, trying to get a picture of what hw would be dealing with. He stopped dead in his tracks as Wolverine went crazy in his mind. He threw himself at the walls Logan caged him in. ~MINE!!!~

It was her. Honeysuckle, vanilla and Sweet Temptation. For a moment he remained frozen, holding himself in check. Wolverine knew what he wanted. He wanted her, beneath him and screaming his name. Logan agreed but he also knew better. There was something off here. Wolverine was too blinded by possesive lust to see it. Her scent was so good. But it was laced with fear and hunger and...innocence? And that's what struck him. Innocence. He couldn't describe it but he knew what that meant. She wasn't a prostitute or an easy waitress or some jilted lover looking for payback or any woman he'd screwed before.

His claws itched under the skin of his knuckles as he gripped the tarp. He was almost afraid to
see her. To actually set eyes on the one thing that the Wolverine seemed to want to possess more than anything.

Logan paused and then shook his head in disgust at his own indecision. He threw the tarp off with an angry scowl.

Her eyes were the first thing he saw and they were wide with fear. He wanted to rid her of the fear in her scent so he would be left with only her natural scent. Instead he made his expression even fiercer. She shook from fear and cold. Her green coat was wool but it was almost forty below and all she had to protect her head was a hood. Her cheeks were red with the beginning of frostbite and her lips were blue-tinged and chapped. Wolverine wanted to hold her close, share his warmth, protect her. Logan recoiled in shock. His feral half had never wanted anything more than a good fight, a full belly and a quick screw, in that order. His priorities had always been unvaried and clear.

"Get out." The confusion he was feeling caused him to appear and sound angrier than he was.
The girl, he'd been right to label her as one, clambered out of the trailer awkwardly. Fear still layered her scent. He growled, angry that she feared him.

~Mine~ reminded Wolverine. Logan shook his head and snarled. The girl stared at him with wide brown eyes.

"What the hell do you think you were doing hiding back here?" It was fucking cold. Wolverine was angry that he yelled at the girl. ~Protect!~

She ducked her head and shuffled from foot to foot. "Ah I don't know."

Wolverine calmed instantly at the sound of her voice. It was a slow drawl, as thick and sweet as her scent. He shuddered and ached with the need to touch her and clenched his hands into fists.

"Fuck kid you don't know me. For all you know I could rape you and leave you to die."
She didn't back away or try to run but her fear spiked. He really hated himself then.

"You won't," she whispered, still fascinated with the sight of her own scuffed boots.

Logan laughed in disbelief. Yeah he might not leave her for dead but he wanted badly to screw her against the trailer. And he hated himself for it even as Wolverine growled his approval. ~Mine~

"You won't" she insisted, "cause ah'm like you."

Logan actually took a step back at that. What the hell did she mean like him? A fast healer, a feral? As soon as that thought entered his mind he dismissed it. He woulda smelled it on her if she was feral. Like recognized like. And if she was a healer she wouldn't be so afraid right?

"What are you talking about kid?"

"Ah'm a mutant."

He swore and yet his heart leapt at the thought. She knew what he was. Maybe she wasn't as afraid as he figured. Still no need to get his hopes up.

"The fuck? What the hell do I care if yer a mutant. Don't make me less angry you stowed away."

Logan could smell her tears and almost reached out to hold her. But he couldn't get past the disgust at tue way he was treating her. The Wolverine in his head wanted to tear him to pieces. wanted to lick the girl's tears away. He growled in Logan's head then whimpered in confusion. Even the Wolverine knew what they were feeling was more fucked up than usual.
Her face rose and her eyelashes were frozen with a thin sheen of tears.

"Please" she whispered " I have nowhere to go."
He was lost from the moment he saw her tears. Wolverine broke through to the surface for a moment. His eyes turned gold and he knew she could see it but she held her ground and some of the fear in her scent receded.

"Please."

Logan managed to rein in Wolverine before he did something stupid like pick up the girl and carry her to the truck before she could get away. ~Mineminemine~

He walked away from her, his fists clenched.
"Get in."
End Notes:
Soooo...what do you think? Any questions just ask me!
Marie by AerynsFallen
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took so long to update. Hopefully updates will come sooner from here on out...Can't make any promises though...
Logan had gotten in the truck and slammed the door. Now he was waiting for her to move her ass and follow. He could see her in the rearview mirror standing in the same exact spot. He growled in frustration. Had she changed her mind? Was standing alone on the side of the road in the middle of fucking road better than hitching a ride with him? He was angry, and if he was being completely honest, a little worried at the thought of her leaving. Logan knew sitting in his back trailer was completely different than being trapped in the cab of a truck with him. He looked around and grimaced. In the back he had a little bed set up. His clothes were thrown everywhere and it smelled like cigars and leather in here.

"Fuck it," he grumbled. Who cared what the kido thought? If she wanted a ride than fine. He was doing her a favour.

He honked the horn to get her attention. She seemed to snap out of whatever daze she was in and ran towards the passenger side. The moment she disappeared behind the other side of the truck Wolverine whimpered in his head. Fear that she wouldn't reappear at the window.

Logan shoved the fear away and reached across the seat to shove open the door. She appeared a moment later and quietly climbed into the seat beside him. She shut the door and buckled her seatbelt.

Logan tried to breathe in her scent without alerting her to the fact that he was scenting her. She smelled so good. Wolverine rumbled happily in his head. ~Mine~ Logan shoved the thought away and spoke.

"So where you headed kid?" She glanced quickly in his direction and shrugged.

"Not sure," she whispered.

He raised an eyebrow. "But you have an idea."

He practically growled his response. Her voice was like honey; thick and sweet with a southern accent and sexier than hell. Logan was hard just listening to her and it was making him physically uncomfortable. He was a lecherous old man and he didn't want to scare her away. He tried telling his body and the Wolverine that thinking about a kid like this was sick.

~Mine~ Wolverine reminded him. Which roughly translated to 'who the fuck cares?'

"I was going to Anchorage."

He raised an eyebrow. "What the hell's in Anchorage kid?"

She blushed and he growled in appreciation. She look so pretty with her cheecks all rosy like that. Damn he was getting soft. Sure she was pretty but she was also young.

The girl shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing special in Anchorage. Just wanted to go somewhere Ah've nevah been before."

"And you pick Anchorage?" he said disbelieving. " Ain't much there kid."

"Mah name's Rogue." she said softly.

Logan didn't like it. "What kind of name's Rogue?" he asked with a quirked brow.

"What kind of name is Wolverine?" she countered, pointing at the tags around his neck.

He shoved the tags under his shirt self-conciously. "Logan" he grunted.

"Marie" Her tentative smile nearly stopped his heart.

He repeated her name in a voice low and so close to a growl that he was surprised she didn't notice. Wolverine was repeating her name over and over in his head. A posessive chant. ~Mariemariemariemineminemine~ Yep he liked that name just fine.

They were staring at each other silently and it should have been damn awkward but she was staring at him with wide awe-filled eyes and he was drinking in each feature on her face. Her pretty brown eyes, her small upturned nose, her red lips and rounded eyebrows. Wolverine wanted to reach over, drag her into his lap and devour her. Logan barely held himself back but something must have shown in his expression because Marie blushed again and looked quickly away. He shook his head and cleared it. He really needed to pay attention to the road or he'd end up getting her killed.

After a few minutes of silence Logan couldn't help but chance a look in her direction. And he cursed himself when he saw her shiver. He never turned the heat on. He'd never needed it with his body producing enough to keep him warm. But Marie wasn't like him and he should have realized sooner she would be cold. Wolverlne growled, just as angry. Marie was his and he needed to protect her.

Logan turned the heat on and reached for her hand with one of his to put them on the heater. She flinched and her scent spiked with fear. He jerked back and cursed himself and her. He thought she was okay with him and it was a slap to the face to smell her fear.

"Shit! I'm not going to hurt you kid."

Her head bowed in shame and he could smell a trace of her tears. He almost panicked, not used to crying girls or that she was his and he'd made her cry.

"Don't cry," he demanded none too gently and than cursed himself. Yeah Logan, yelling at the girl was going to make her less afraid.

Surprisingly the tears stopped. Marie sniffed and wiped her eyes. She looked up at him, her brown eyes moist and a little red.

"Ah'm sorry Logan. Ah'm not afraid of you. Ah just can't touch anyone."

"The fuck does that mean?" Logan snarled, incensed that she was trying to deny him even unintentionally.

"Something happens when i touch someone. Something bad and it hurts them." He growled at himself for distressing her and she almost started to cry again.

"Ah'm sorry. If you want me to leave I can-"

"No!" Logan snarled before he remembered to tone it down. ". Ya don't have to leave kid. Your skin ain't a problem with me and it isn't your fault."

Marie stared at him in shock. "You're not afraid of me?"

Logan snorted in amusement. "Sorry kid but a kitten's scarier than you. At least they have claws and teeth."

"But my skin...?"

"I heal"

There was nothing tentative about Marie's smile this time. He almost choked on his own tongue when he glanced over.

"Thank you Logan." He growled a response and she blushed.

Logan clenched his fists. The steering wheel wasn't going to handle much more abuse. His control was beginning to slip. Wolverine was eager to show Marie just how unafraid he was to touch her. What was poison skin compared to his need? There were ways around it and he was very inventive when it came to sex.

"So where we going?"

Logan shrugged his shoulders. "I'm heading to a cabin i have up north." He wanted to invite her along but he didn't want to scare her. Wolverine had no doubt she was his. Logan on the other hand was afraid to admit it and he didn't want to pressure Marie into anything.

"A cabin? That sounds...cosy?" Her scent turned nervous. Logan hoped she hadn't read too much into his statement and wanted to reassure her. Yeah he wanted her, which she may or may not know. And no matter how much of an animal the Wolverine turned him into he would never force her into anything.

"Of course i'll drop you off wherever you want to go 'fore i head up there." Of course that was a lie but he would ease her into it. "I ain't going to leave you stranded with me for the rest a winter." That's exactly what the Wolverine wanted.

Logan was surprised when Marie's fear spiked again and her bottom lip quivered.

"What's wrong kid?"

"You're going to leave me Logan?"
End Notes:
Soooo...first time i loaded that a huge part was missing. Hope this works...and please review! It would give me joy!
Untitled by AerynsFallen
Author's Notes:
Sorry I've taken forever to update!! I have my laptop back...have had it for awhile but I was distracted by all the other wonderful fics...I know lame excuse...However with my laptop back the chapters should be a little longer from here on out. So much easier to type on an actual keyboard...not sure if the longer chapters are a good thing. I have a tendency to ramble. Not really satisfied with how this chapter turned out but here it is anyway!
He was beautiful. Marie’s mouth went dry when he walked into the cage that dominated the centre of the room. The bartender placed a cup of water in front of her and she gulped it down quickly. He had to ask her twice if she wanted anything else, maybe something that had a price associated with it. She was too transfixed by the muscles rippling just under the skin of his back to respond so the bartender walked away with a grumbled curse.

It took Marie a moment for her to realize she was practically drooling at the sight of him merely rolling his shoulders. She forced her gaze away and scolded herself. She was hungry, homeless and had no immediate prospects of getting out of this town anytime soon. She should be more worried about surviving the winter. Still, she shied away from the reasons behind her racing heart and knotted stomach that had nothing to do with the aching grumble that indicated her hunger for food…nothing else, right? She had the sudden urge to shed some layers, which was both ridiculous in winter and dangerous for those around her. Was it just her or was it hot in here?

And then she remembered David. David who was in a coma because of one simple first kiss. It was more than a splash of cold water. It was a river of freezing water that drowned every warm feeling and nearly imagined curiosity. Marie didn’t deserve touch and she certainly didn’t want it if it meant more pain.

So she did her best to ignore the man in the cage. The man that she couldn’t help noticing growled and roared like an animal and took a beating with his teeth bared in some facsimile of a smile. A man that they called the Wolverine. She did her best not to watch but she winced with every grunt of pain and even she could smell the blood over the overall stench of the bar. When she heard the crowd calling for more of his blood she couldn’t help but peek. Before long Marie was helpless to the need to watch. Her stomach knotted even tighter at every blow he took and for once her fear was for someone else.

For a moment he looked towards her and Marie could have sworn their eyes met, if only for an instant. Her breath caught and for that instant his eyes shone gold. His gaze was like fire and so hungry she felt weak when faced with it. He looked so angry and yet she felt her body flush under his gaze. She was confused by the mix of awe and fear she felt for him. The Wolverine deserved her awe but clearly the fear she felt for him was misplaced. Even when he went down he only came back harder and meaner. And when the referee tazered him he seemed to shake it off.

When he came towards her Marie’s heart sped up in excitement. It disappeared when he sat at the other end of the bar but it didn’t surprise her. No one like him would even notice anyone like her. She was pathetic.
She stole glances at him, trying not to be too obvious. Up close he was wild looking and angry. A scowl seemed to be permanently etched into the lines on his face. Marie hadn’t realized she was into hairy, growling men until this moment. His hair intrigued her, two points that seemed as permanent as his scowl. She wanted to run her fingers through his hair and stroke the sideburns that ran down his face. And wasn’t that embarrassing? Because she definitely wanted to lick along his jawline and taste him.

It was because she was watching him with such scrutiny that Marie saw the man he’d beat in the cage come up behind him. She wanted to call out a warning but it felt like her heart was in her throat and it was choking her with fear.

It was so fast. A few angry accusations and demands, a fist thrown into his stomach and suddenly the bartender had a shotgun pointed at him. She screamed a warning but he was already moving. The shotgun was sliced cleanly in half with blades that slid just as quickly back under his skin as they had out with a noise that sounded something like *SNIKT*. A few seconds and he was walking out the door and possibly out of her life. At that moment Marie made her decision. She was going with him whether he wanted her to or not. He was a mutant just like her. Whatever else he was didn’t matter.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marie felt fear like she’d never known when Logan told her he would drop her off wherever she wanted. She’d just found him and already he was trying to get rid of her.
Of course being cast out was nothing new for her. Marie’s own parents had forced her to leave after they had discovered she was a mutant. An abomination, they had told her. Who could blame them after what she had done to poor David.

Tears stung her eyes when she thought of David. Sweet and eager to please. She hadn’t been in love with him, not like he had claimed to love her. The love he spoke of was soft and gentle. It was a warm, comforting thought in a world that she had been an outcast in, even before her mutation surfaced. Marie hadn’t loved David, but in time she could have. She’d liked his smile; all dimple with a shy quirk of his mouth. He made her laugh. Made her feel she was beautiful, when in reality she was just a plain girl from Mississippi with big brown eyes and a nearly shapeless figure.

David was the only one who had believed Marie would actually be capable of going to Alaska like she dreamed. He was the only one to believe she could do anything she wanted to. Even her parent’s aspirations for her were set in stone. Marry a nice boy, settle down and have children. She wasn’t a genius by far but she did want something more for herself than what they envisioned. She was good at art and that was just plain fact. All her art teachers said she had a gift. Even if she wasn’t confident in herself, David had more than enough confidence for the both of them. She missed him. Even the small bit she had in her head had begun to fade. Marie had made it thus far with his encouragement alone and she wasn’t sure if she could go any further without it.

His encouragement surprised her, shocked her even. He didn’t hate her. The part of David in her head didn’t hate her at least. The real David was in a coma back in Mississippi. The David in her head seemed real enough though. He would reminisce about his childhood and share happy memories with her that she soaked up. His had been a life full of friends and family that loved him and wanted to be around him. Marie’s parents were barely able to look at her, much less show any form of affection. It was if they had sensed she was different from the moment she was born. David chose that moment to resurface briefly. He no longer spoke to her but she got a feeling of calm and reassurance. He had always let her know she was blameless for his current state.

Marie desperately wanted to believe him when he had assured her she wasn’t a freak. It wasn’t her fault she was a mutant. It was only her burden. Some days it was hard to remember even that simple comfort, feeble as it was. It was hard when her parent’s accusations rang in her ears, too loud to drown out. She was a freak. She’d brought this on herself. She was a sinner that no one could love. She was a murderer. With David’s voice fading it was hard not to let her parent’s words haunt her.
All her confidence was gone. Her vow to stay with him no matter what was lost in the insecurity always just beneath the surface. Still she was desperate enough to plead with him.

“Please don’t leave me.”

He glanced at her. “Look Marie, I’m not leavin’ you. Just wanted to give you another option. You aren’t stuck with me.”

Her relief was so intense she felt tears threatening to spill. She blinked them away in anger. Somehow she felt a connection with him, more than a kindred spirit, and she wasn’t going to let him leave her because she couldn’t keep it together.

“ I wanna stay with you Logan,.” her voice firm. This is what she wanted.

The quick grin he flashed her stirred the butterflies in her stomach. He was beautiful. Not just handsome but beautiful like an animal would be if you glimpsed them in their natural environment. Self-assured, wild and deadly. Marie couldn’t help the blush that warmed her cheeks. He quirked a brow in amusement and she had to resist the urge to reach out and trace the outline of his lips. Marie forced herself to focus on something else.

“You should wear ah seatbelt.”

His eyes widened in surprise. “Darlin I heal.” Marie felt her traitorous face heat up at the unintentional endearment. Still she would not be deterred.

“Logan, Ah’m serious.”

He growled but if he was trying to scare her into submission he failed. The growl had a completely different effect. She shivered and felt heat flush across her body. Her breath hitched when Logan growled again. Deeper, longer, and with a note that made her ache for something she wasn’t sure of.

“Marie.” The way he said her name, she wasn’t sure if it was a plea or a warning. She hoped the former.

“Logan?”

When his eyes met hers, hers widened. The hazel had been replaced by gold, his gaze hungry. Just as she moved to reach towards him her attention was caught by something else.

Marie screamed as a tree fell in front of the truck. Logan slammed on the brakes with a curse on his tongue. She watched in horror as they hit the tree and he went flying out of the window.
End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed the new chapter. :) Please review...it would give me joy...
Wolverine by AerynsFallen
Author's Notes:
SORRRY this took sooo long!!! Some writer's block as well as distraction provided by my ongoing series made this a hard chapter to write. Still not satisfied with how this turned out and I only gave it a quick read over so sorry for any mistakes. Hope you enjoy!!! Also the Xmen decided not to appear just yet...and the fight between Sabretooth and Wolverine is sadly lacking. I am not an action writer or so it appears. Please forgive as I hope to get slightly better with time. Thanks so much to Jenefaner, WolvieDoesItBest, WitchBaby, Aoria, Ebony10, Melarina, and nyzeair for the reviews!!! You guys make this worth it!! Thank you also to anyone else that happens to read this and for sticking with this one.
Marie had been so close to reaching out for him. He couldn’t help thinking that maybe it didn’t matter that she was so young. Maybe for once in his life, at least the fifteen or so years that he remembered of it, something was going his way. She was young and beautiful and he wanted her. More than just wanted her in his bed he wanted her in his life longer than the usual one night stand. It was almost scary the possessiveness he felt for her. The Wolverine had never before reacted to anyone this strongly and Logan was certain it could only mean one thing. He’d found a mate. He was feral and had more animal instincts than he’d like to admit some days. Her scent intoxicated him. The animal in him didn’t care that she wasn’t legal. She was a female, capable of giving birth to his cubs and so that meant she was the only legal he cared about. Maybe Logan the man had doubts, but even he wouldn’t deny himself this. She would be his no matter what, whether it was five days from now or five years. And the animal in him sensed that she knew that. Wolverine had never waited for anything and now was not the time to start.

Logan grunted when the glass of the windshield cut into his face. It was fast and he had little time to react before he was thrown head first into the cold gravel road. It hurt like a bitch and he felt his neck break on impact. If that hadn’t pissed him off the rancid scent of another male would have. He was down for at least a few minutes as his body repaired itself. And in that precious amount of time the girl was left to defend herself. He would’ve cursed his bad landing if he could. As it was, he was willing himself to heal faster. He watched helpless as the large male loped out of the tree line and bared his canines in his direction in a twisted smile. Logan managed to growl a warning, Wolverine so close to the surface he knew as soon as he was capable of standing he would lose control. And even as he despised himself for it he also craved the madness that was his berserker rage. He craved the added adrenaline boost that made him that much stronger and faster. More capable of handling the male that even now was moving towards his mate with deadly intent. He was healing faster but still it was too slow. The male yanked the door off his truck with ease and he roared when he heard Marie’s desperate pleas. She was so scared and it hurt him to smell her fear so palpable. She was his to protect and he was failing her.
The male was taking pleasure from her fear. The smell of his arousal enraged the Wolverine even further. He knew what the sick bastard wanted. He knew that Marie’s pain and fear would be an aphrodisiac. He stumbled to his feet and forced himself to focus past the sudden dizziness. Logan was pushed to the background. The Wolverine wanted to rip into the man with tooth and silver claw. The man inside was human enough to know that he wouldn’t be able to stomach the sudden urge for blood; blood on his bare hands and in his mouth.

When he managed to rise shakily to his feet he managed to distract the bastard that was taunting Marie. He hadn’t touched her and for that he was lucky, his death would be so much quicker. Wolverine snarled and sprang at the man. He moved fast, fast enough that he should have had the man pinned to the hood with his claws buried knuckle-deep into his chest. But the other man, clearly a feral like Wolverine was faster. He sprang out of the way with the agility of a cat. The bastard had the audacity to laugh as Wolverine ripped his claws from the hood.

“What is the little Wolverine too slow to catch Sabretooth? When I’m done with you I’ll make her scream.” He laughed and the sound made Logan crazed.

Everything seemed to slow for Wolverine. Logan was pushed to the back, and all control given to him. He might have revelled in it if he hadn’t been so intent on killing the threat in front of him. This creature had threatened his Marie. He had dared to approach her, to think of her, to threaten her. Wolverine would laugh as he ripped him open and bathed in his blood. And then he would take what was his.

He snarled and charged at Sabretooth. Sabretooth bared his fangs and grunted when Wolverine slammed into him. He threw him against a tree and sank his claws fist-deep into his opponent’s chest. Wolverine bared his teeth in a feral smile as he heard the gurgle that indicated he’d hit his lungs. Maybe he’d let him die choking on his own blood. He pulled his claws out and stood back to admire his work. He didn’t expect the claws that sliced into his chest and threw him back.

“That all you got runt?” Sabretooth was wheezing, his voice a hoarse gurgle but already his body was healing, faster than even Wolverine could. “Gave you a freebie but now the fun’s gonna start.”

The pain in his chest was causing him to lose focus, something Logan was aware he desperately needed. Sabretooth was faster than him, could heal faster than him. And he wanted to hurt Marie. Wolverine would die to protect her but the Berserker rage was clouding his thoughts. Only one thought was left in his mind.

“Kill.”

Sabretooth snorted in amusement. “Did I make you angry, runt? I bet you want to kill me? Come on…”

Wolverine threw himself at Sabretooth again and he didn’t move out of the way. He punched Wolverine a few times and merely laughed as claws were shoved repeatedly into his chest and stomach. Logan was doing his best to force himself to the forefront of his mind. Something was wrong. Sabretooth was being too passive, no matter how fast he healed, or how much he seemed to bask in the pain being inflicted on him. Where was Marie?

Wolverine was too lost in the high he was getting out of tearing into Sabretooth. His very existence was offending him. His smell was rank and reminded him of a dead carcass. His smile only provoked him further. Wolverine would replace that smirk with pain and fear. He wanted this creature’s death and he was determined to get it. Logan was prodding at him urgently, his voice was panicked but it was lost in the fog that surrounded his mind in rage. She was his and he would kill for her.
“MINE!!” he growled as he shoved his claws into Sabretooth’s stomach and twisted.

Sabretooth was close to death, he could smell it. Still he grinned as his blood choked him and slid down his chest. “No.” he gurgled and slumped to the ground.
Logan was panicking as Wolverine roared in triumph. He was fighting to take control. He could smell Marie’s fear. She was so afraid. Why was she so afraid?

Finally Wolverine seemed to clue in. His mate’s fear was palpable. The scent was stronger than the blood drying on his claws. He turned towards the truck and snarled as he saw the truck door open and she was gone. She was afraid and he hadn’t protected her, not from the real threat. He breathed in deeply and he could make out the scent of a female mutant. Sabertooth had been merely a distraction. The real threat had taken Marie.

He almost went into another rage but Logan finally seized control. He needed to track Marie down. He breathed in again and focused on her scent. She wasn’t too far away.
_________________________________________________________

Marie was afraid, more afraid than she’d ever remembered being. Her throat hurt from where the blue woman had choked her to keep her from calling out to Wolverine as he fought the big mutant. It was Marie’s fault she had been taken. She’d been too busy watching Wolverine and worrying that he might get hurt to notice the other mutant that was working with him. She was so stupid. The blue woman had appeared out of nowhere and tugged on the seatbelt. Marie was afraid of her, of course she was. The woman was blue and covered in tiny little scales! But for one second she let herself believe that maybe another mutant was a good thing, right? It never occurred to her that she was working with the bad smelling brute that Logan was currently killing, or at least trying to. The bastard was laughing and apparently not dying.

So when the blue woman showed up Marie tried to hide her fear. She even managed a small smile of relief. Stupid girl, stupid Marie. Her smile disappeared the moment the woman smiled back at her. Her smile was….evil. Marie was going to call to Logan so he could come and get this woman away from her but just as she opened her mouth the woman grabbed her around the throat.

“Sorry but your Wolverine needs to stay out of this one.”
And for a second Marie basked in the fact that this woman had called him hers. Even as she tried desperately to breathe, to cry out, even as tears spilled out of her eyes she felt a certain relief to know that she hadn’t been completely imagining the spark that was between them. She wasn’t the only one that had felt it or sensed it. Maybe it was worth it.

The blackness was closing in around the edges of her vision, clouding her mind. She didn’t want to die but the woman was so strong and Marie’s hands were nowhere near the woman’s skin. Maybe she knew about her skin. Even as she choked her, the woman kept the scarf over her skin. Marie made a last ditch effort to fight, something angry and dark in her was screaming at her to fight. She was better than this woman. Logan needed her and she shouldn’t leave him yet. But her brain was getting fuzzy from loss of oxygen and whatever compelled her to fight had come too late. The world went dark as the woman laughed.
End Notes:
Please review!!!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3928