A Past Best Left Forgotten by Xgirl14
Summary: Everything has begun to go back to normal finally after Stryker's raids. Our two favorite people have started to become a little closer. But when Logan starts to suffer from severe headaches, Marie might be the only one who can help him.
Categories: X2, AU, X-Men Origins Wolverine Characters: None
Genres: Action, Dark, Humor, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: Character Death, Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: A Step in the Right Path
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 14020 Read: 36269 Published: 08/20/2011 Updated: 04/26/2012
Story Notes:
This is my first story please be kind! This is a mixture of X-2, Origins, and my brain. Enjoy!

1. Pool Party by Xgirl14

2. Sweet Dreams by Xgirl14

3. The Plan by Xgirl14

4. Memories by Xgirl14

5. Don't you cry by Xgirl14

6. Merry Christmas by Xgirl14

7. For whom the bell tolls by Xgirl14

Pool Party by Xgirl14
Author's Notes:
Please enjoy.I thought this was a neat little story =)
Gorgeous could be the only word to describe this perfect summers day. The birds were chirping the sun was shining and the temperature was just right. Of course it’s handy to have a local weather goddess living only a few doors down from you in a school for gifted youngsters.

The residents of the mansion were all busy getting ready for the day’s events, for the professor had planned a special day for the children and the adults. He had noticed after the raids from Stryker that many of his pupils were tensed and emotions were beginning to turn to the worse. Everyone needed a break to finally relax from these past events. When the professor announced it the children were ecstatic and had begun to plan the day’s events. The adults too were somewhat relieved for this day of relaxation.

It was around 11 in the morning and the students were all running around preparing for the day. The adults were up early so they could have enough time to prepare everything for the children. They had all been through so much these past few months they wanted to make this day perfect.

Scott Summers ever the leader walked the halls of the school with clipboard in hand and made his rounds to all the staff to make sure they weren’t slacking off. So far everyone was doing their job. He only had to reprimand Jubilee and St. John once for trying to rig the front yard with X-plosive fireworks. She claimed she wanted to end the night with a “bang” ‘oh it would end in a bang all right’ thought Scott as he rolled his eyes.

Next on Scott’s list was Logan. After the Stryker incident Scott had gained a sort of respect for the feral man. He fought an army basically by himself and saved the children, granted he lost six but hey they got them back all right. At the memory Scott grimaced. ‘Lucky we got them back at all.’ Logan and Scott weren’t all buddy buddy but hey at least they stopped trying to kill each other at every word that came out of the others mouth.

Logan was in charge of the grilling burgers, hotdogs etc. Hell it was the only thing the man actually volunteered to do no one was going to argue especially when he let out a low growl. Now the problem was where the hell was he? Scott looked high and low, in the garage and outside. ‘Where the hell is that man! We have to stay on schedule it’s almost noon!’ Scott was beginning to become impatient when he came across one of the younger students, Liza and Rogue carrying a packet what looked like water balloons.

“Hey have you gals seen Logan around? I can’t seem to find him anywhere and I need to know if the grill and food is prepared.” Scott asked

“Nah Scott ah haven’t seen him yet.” Out of all the adults Rogue was definitely the most excited. After for so long she finally got control over her skin and was ready to strut her stuff in her new forest green bikini.

“Oh, oh oh!! I know where Mr. Logan is!” Liza a small girl of only six, with bright purple hair exclaimed. Liza had become a quick favorite since the first week she arrived. And everyone seemed to give her extra attention, especially after Stryker’s raid for she was one of the students that were captured.

“Oh yeah? Where is he?” Scott asked

“He was walking towards the woods early this morning. He looked like he needed a hug…He growled at Bobby and he looked like he was gonna wet his pants” she giggled

“I’ll go find him Scott you go ahead with your rounds. Liza how about you go find Kitty ah’m sure she can help yah with your water balloons.”

“Okey Dokey!” and off she went sprinting down the hallway and out of sight.

“Well if you’re sure about it go ahead. He’s your problem now.” Scott grinned and walked away

As Rogue turned and headed for the doors that would lead her outside she couldn’t help but worry. Over the past few months Logan had been warming up to the “X-geeks” as he lovingly called them and they warmed up to him. It seemed they realized that the big bad feral wasn’t as bad as they thought. He was a friend you could trust; they were a family of sorts.

The children seemed to swarm to Logan, he was there protector. Logan tried to be all growly and scary but that failed miserably and the kids seemed to have squirmed their way into Logan’s heart, though he would never dare to admit it. Lately though Logan had begun snapping at the children for the littlest of things. He had also begun to distance himself for his friends and now even Marie.

Rogue entered the woods and started to walk deeper and deeper into the woods. Logan and Marie would take long walks in the woods sometimes when life at the mansion was a little too much and Logan would take her to their favorite spot, an opening by a small lake that most of the residents didn’t know about it. It was their little secret. Rogue had a hunch he would be there, he told her once that he liked to come here to get his thoughts together.

Rogue emerged into the clearing and spotted right away the brooding feral. He was sitting with his knees up to his chin and his arms crossed on top. Logan was on a big rock that overlooked the entire lake. His eyebrows, from what she could see were in a deep frown. His gaze was on the lake, but he seemed to have this glazed look, which usually happened when he was in deep thought. Rogue tentatively walked up to his side softly calling his name.

“Logan…? Logan..? Earth to Logan?”

He jumped at her uninspected presence. “Jesus Marie, what the hell are ya doin?”

Shocked by catching him so rarely off-guard retorted, “What’s the matter sugah, your sniffer goin dull?”

“Like hell it is, I was just thinkin’ about something.” He added gruffly

“What were ya thinking about and why are ya out here all alone when we have a party to get to?” asked Marie

Logan stood and stared at her for a brief moment “It’s nothing you need concern yourself with kid, just leave it at that.”

“Why can’t you tell me? Scott sent me to look for you, can yah at least tell me why yah were out here?”

He held her concerned gaze and sighed “I had a headache ok? I was just getting some air before the party. I guess I just lost track of time. Wanna head back kid?” Logan asked

“Sounds like a plan sugah.” As they walked Logan unconsciously wrapped an arm around Rogue’s waist.

Logan and Rogue’s relationship was complicated to say the least. It had started as a protector protectee thing and as time went by it budded into friendship, but now the line between friendship and intimate relationship were beginning to blur. When Marie learned to control her power Logan waltzed up to her and her friends and place a kiss, just a peck on her lips, leaving her dazed and SUPER confused.

Not that she never thought about the possibility of her and Logan being a couple, she dared to hope. Most days they would spend all their time together, going out to bars, watching hockey, or a friendly sparring match in the danger rrom. Sometimes touches would last a little longer their gazes intense, but only for a fluttering moment. Before he would gruffly get up or change the subject. It was all too confusing.

Logan looked down at the girl wrapped in his arms and smiled a grim smile. He didn’t have the heart to burden her with his problem. She didn’t need to know about his disturbing dreams about a young boy and an even younger girl, all the blood and the screams of terror. Each dream was the same and each time he woke up with only a slight recollection of what happened. He knew the dreams had more detail but he couldn’t grasp it. After the first dream the headaches started, slowly and with less intensity than the one he had now. But soon they intensified in occurrence and pain. She was better off not knowing, he cared about her too much to tell her.

When they got back the festivities had already begun and children were running around with water guns and balloons. Bobby and St. John were using their powers, Bobby would provide the ice, and St. John would melt it into instant ammo, giving them buckets of water drenching whoever dared to get near. Other kids were participating in a potato sack race refereed by Hank no powers allowed, while Ororo and Jean showed kids some arts and crafts.
Logan let go of Rogue’s waist and started to stroll over to the grill to start it, these kids would be getting hungry soon.

Rogue called out to him, “Hey Logan! Ah almost forgot! Ah got yah a little something! I put it on your bed this morning! It’s for later after you’re done cookin!”

Logan looking slightly confused shrugged and kept walking. “There you are!” shouted Scott a little louder than necessary.

Logan flinched away, the loud noise not helping his headache. “Yeah yeah I’m here don’t get your panties in a bunch Scooter.”

Scott only sighed, not wanting to cause any problems just walked away to check up on the rest of the activities. The day was going great; by the time the food was done the children ate in a frenzy. Not wanting to waste any more time in the day for the fun in the sun. The adults satisfied with how things were going changed into their swimsuits and headed for the pool.

Jubilee, Kitty, and Marie had been waiting for this part all day, for their time of relaxation. The girls strutted down to the pool in their bikini’s proud of how good they looked, and they knew they looked good, especially if the stares from Bobby and St. John were anything to go on. Jubilee was wearing a sparkling yellow bikini with a halter top, while kitty was wearing a matching baby pink one and Marie her brand new forest green bikini with a swirling pattern and spaghetti straps.

Logan smiled slightly and decided to hit the hay, or at least retreat from this happy scene, his headache hadn’t gotten any better, in fact it had increased in intensity. He needed to leave before he clawed somebody. Specifically a little yellow eye sore and her big mouth.

“Hey Wolvie where are you goin!” yelled Jubilee.

‘Damn, too late.’

“Yeah Logan don’t you want to go swimming, the weather is perfect, I made sure,” laughed Ororo.

‘Quick you idiot think of something! Stomach ache? Nah to wimpy, uh..the truth…? Hell no!’
“Um...well you see I don’t have a swimsuit, so I guess I will be just goin inside now…have fun!”

“Wait Logan! That’s what I got you! I knew you didn’t have one so I wanted to make sure you could go swimming too,” said Marie. Logan looked at her, he didn’t know what to say, he didn’t want her spending her money on him, he wasn’t worth it. However he took too long to respond and St. John interjected.

“What’s the matter Logan can’t swim? Or do you only sink?” snickering from his friends pulled him out of his thoughts and he snarled “Of course I can swim! Where’s the damn swimsuit kid!”

“Um, well it’s on your bed, but Logan you don’t have t-“

“No, no! Thanks for the trunks kid, I’ll be right back!” Logan snorted; those people have the audacity to think he can’t swim? ‘Ok, well maybe it is kinda hard to stay afloat…but christ I am filled with metal what the hell do they expect!’

Logan opened the door to his room and looked over to his bed. ‘The hell?’ On his bed laid out were his swim trunks. Logan joked that maybe Marie had gotten him a speedo because of the looks she was giving him these day’s but not this. On his bed were a pair of knee length BRIGHT YELLOW swim trunks with three blue stripes on each leg going horizontally on what would be his thighs. He started at the offensive clothing for a while, not touching it as though it had the plague.

‘Fuck.’ Logan finally grabbed the trunks and slipped them on. He would be in the water, nobody would really see them. He hoped. What was Marie thinking? Was she trying to embarrass him? All of a sudden he began to sway as an agonizing pain shot through his brain. “Fuck this headache, and fuck this day…” groaned Logan

Marie anxiously awaited Logan’s return, she hoped he liked his swim trunks. She wasn’t sure but something about them screamed LOGAN. She spotted Logan walking slowly down the path to the pool looking a little paler than he had before making her automatically start to worry.

“Sugah are you ok? Yah look kind of pale.” With that said everyone turned to stare at him. Logan feeling uncomfortable under their questioning gaze growled low and everyone went back to their business.

“Hey Wolvie, LOVE the trunks man yellow is you!” nagged Jubilee.

“Shut it yellow, I’m not in the mood, and don’t call me that.” Growled Logan

“Alright jeesh! Calm down no need to get all growly at me!”

“Logan are you sure you are all right? You do look pale, do you need to sit down?” asked Jean her doctor mode kicking in.

“Nah Jeanie really, I’m ok,” Logan barely stopped himself from swaying. The last thing he wanted was them to start fussing over him. Logan walked to the water’s edge and looked down into the water. Why was he here again? He felt like shit and just wanted to close his eyes and sleep.

He kept gazing into the water hoping the feeling would just go away.

“Help me Jimmy!”

“Maggie, no! Victor!” Sharp, agonizing pain shot through his brain causing Logan to yell and hold his head. The world began to spin and he lost his balance and fell into the pool sinking all the way to the bottom.

The world around him was getting dark and for the life of him, Logan couldn’t find the strength to move. Logan could see his friends gathered around the pools edge. They were calling his name and he couldn’t do anything. That’s when everything went dark.
End Notes:
review please! next chapter: What's Wrong with Logan?
Sweet Dreams by Xgirl14
Author's Notes:
ok so i lied, just some fluff right now. Sorry it took me so long to update, i just started school. ICKY.Short chapter. =P Thanks for the reviews!
Darkness...

Absolute darkness. Logan had no idea where he was. Even with his enhanced senses he had no clue. The last thing he remembered was just staring into the water about to jump in. He took a deep breath in.

‘Grr...no scent. Where the hell am I!’

“Your’re always sick.”

“Who’s there!” Logan growled

“You were sick too when you were my age”

“This ain’t funny! Show yourself!” Logan whirled around but couldn’t see anyone. Someone was talking but he couldn’t see anyone. All of a sudden there was a piercing scream, a woman’s scream. It chilled him down to his adamantium laced bones. It was so familiar, it disturbed him.

“What the fuck is going on! Where are you!” screamed Logan, he was beginning to freak out, he hated being cut off from his sense’s.

“We’re brother’s Jimmy, and brothers protect each other...”

“Jimmy...” that name, something about that name. It felt important, did he know this Jimmy? A sharp pain shot through his brain as he pushed himself to remember. He squeezed his eyes shut and willed the pain to go away.

“Logan!” Hearing his name caused him to open his eyes.

“Who’s there!?” asked Logan

“Logan! Please wake up! Yah got to wake up! Come on Logan!”

“Marie?”

He looked around for any sign of her in this dark place but wasn’t having any luck.

“Come on Marie, help me out here!”

“Logan, come on! Open your eyes!”

She sounded closer and he whirled his head in the direction of her voice and was blinded by a light.



A huge rush of water surged from his lungs as he came back to consciousness. He looked up and was greeted by Marie and the other curious and worried faces of his team mates. Jean in full blown doctor mode was ushering them back from Logan. Disliking all of the attention Logan quickly got up and began to walk away from the worried crowd.

“Logan, you just wait a minute! You just drowned sit your ass back down this instant!” yelled Jean.

Logan snorted, “Yeah right Red, look I’m fine alright? I’m not sitting down. Leave me alone.” He quickly stole a glance at Rogue. Her lips were set together in a thin line and her face was solemn.

Scott, in an attempt to stop the Wolverine, stepped in front of him. Logan let out a low growl in response and Scott quickly side-stepped out of his way.

“Logan, perhaps you should listen to Jean, your heart stopped and it took a good few thumps on your chest from Hank to get your heart pupping again,” said Ororo.

“Ororo is right my friend, this it’s not something to ignore. Do you care to explain what happened a few moments ago?” asked Hank. Logan frowned and rubbed his chest absent mindedly.

“Look everybody, I would tell you if I knew myself,” he growled “I appreciate the concern but I’m really in no mood so why don’t you all just go fu-“

“There is no need to finish that sentence Logan,” during the commotion everyone missed the sound of a wheelchair quickly approaching the group. “I don’t want to tell you again about the use of profanities,” chided the Professor, a small smile tugging on his lips.

“Oh thank god professor, Logan will not listen to me. His heart literally stopped, even with his healing factor he shouldn’t be running around yet!” said Jean.

“Calm down Jean all will be fine. Logan, I believe there is much to discuss, and I hope I can shed some light on all of this mess, but for now I insist that you go and spend the rest of the day and relax. Jean is right this was very serious and we have no idea what drowning could do to you, it is best to play it safe.”

Logan just glared at the professor, he really hated being told what to do, he has been through much worse and he only drowned...a little...and who was he to tell him, the Wolverine, what to do, he wasn’t some bratty five year old that went to his school, he was a fucking MAN. Logan was about to open his mouth to protest when the professor beat him to it.

“Rouge, would you see to it that Logan gets to his room?”

‘What the hell! Am I invisible! They’re talking about me as if I’m not even here!’

“Uh...of...of course professor.” Rogue responded hesitantly.

“Hey now just wait a minute!”

“Come on Logan...let’s go,” Rogue said quietly as she grabbed his arm and tugged him towards the back door. Logan was about to protest, but the look on her face stopped all urges to do so. He could see in her eyes anger, fear, and something he couldn’t quite place. He quietly went with her with no argument. Once they got to his room he would ask what was wrong. He had a big feeling it was about what happened.

“What is going on professor?” asked Scott

“Something big my boy, something big indeed.”



The walk back to his room was quiet; Rogue looked straight ahead and didn’t dare steal a glance at Logan.
‘Hell I probably scared the shit out of her, ‘pouted Logan. ‘I should apologize to her or something...’ Once they got to his door and she ushered him inside he turned to her and began his apology.

“Listen, Ma-“

“Yah stupid bastard!” Marie screamed as she began pounding on his chest. “What the hell! Yah scared the crap outta me!”

Logan yelped at the sudden change of mood and lifted his hands to protect himself against the sudden attack.

“Ah! Ma- Marie! What the- OW! Quit it!” he glared at her but she continued to hit him.

“Ah thought yah...your heart! I...I. If yah felt sick...yah should have…yah didn’t tell me!” Marie’s punches began to slow and her lower lip began to tremble. Logan tentatively lowered his arms with a look of bewilderment. Tears began to dribble down her cheeks as she grabbed Logan and held him in an embrace, pressing her face into his chest as she cried.

Logan had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on. One minuet Marie was being all quiet and then the next she was beating him viciously and now she was snuggled into his chest practically begging to be comforted. Logan whimpered to himself, woman were so complicated.

“Uh, Marie? Darlin, are you alright?”

Rogue shook her head, refusing to speak. She knew she was acting a little crazy and it embarrassed her a little. How was Logan supposed to see her as an adult if she kept throwing temper tantrums like this?

‘Smooth Marie...Smooth…’ Rogue thought to herself as the tears kept coming. She could feel Logan’s hesitance as he began to wrap his arms around her fearing another attack. After nothing happened and Marie was still crying his protector instincts kicked in and he embraced her in a tight hug.

“Listen darling, I’m sorry if I scared you, but I’m ok see?” as he drew small circles into the small of her back to try and sooth her.

“Can yah tell me what happened sugah?”

“...The headache just got pretty bad, and I...I don’t know what happened. It was dark, where I was, and I heard voices. I couldn’t see a damn thing, there was a kid, his name was Jimmy. I don’t know what it means, but I don’t like it. I have a weird feeling that it was some sort of memory. Maybe I know this kid. It all seemed so familiar...”

“Jimmy? Voices? Oh Logan, my god I don’t know what to tell yah,” Marie said quietly. What Logan had just told her was confusing. Who was this Jimmy and what connection did he have to Logan? All kinds of thoughts were going through her head all while she was snuggled into Logan’s bare, hard and still damp chest.

‘Meep’ Marie blushed furiously and shoved him back some to put distance between them. Logan looked a little put out and she could have sworn she saw him pout.

“Um, uh, we...we should get you into bed, professor’s orders.” Stuttered Marie

Logan chuckled at her awkwardness and embarrassment. “Ok kid, let me go change.”

Logan still couldn’t comprehend how he got into this situation. He never listened to anybody and here he was changing into a pair of his favorite sweats and about to be put to bed like some five year old. He was fine...well maybe a little tired now that he thought about it.

‘ Maybe a little nap would be nice.’

Logan exited the bathroom and watched Marie as she wrung her hands together as she sat on his bed. She instantly turned her head to him when she heard the door open.

“Well, uh, you should get into bed now,” she responded awkwardly.

“Aren’t you going to tuck me in?” his eyebrow arching up and a half smirk gracing his features.

Marie blushed and then cleared her throat ‘Why am ah acting this way? Sheesh! Grow some balls Marie! Well maybe not real balls, figuratively speaking of course! Logan REALLY wouldn’t want me then.’ “Sure sugah climb on in and I’ll tuck yah in good and tight.

Logan held her gaze as he lifted his covers and crawled in between. He laid his head back on his pillow and looked at her expectantly. Marie reached for his covers and pulled them up over his body just past his chest, leaving his arms out.

“There yah go sugah all nice and snuggly,” Marie got up and began to walk away when there was a tug on her arm. She turned back to look at him with a pleading, puppy dog stare on his face. She couldn’t look away it was too precious.

“Stay with me?” For some reason the thought of her leaving him didn’t settle well, he wanted her close. Her presence calmed him; maybe she’d keep the dreams away.

“Of course Logan,” Marie went to the other side of his bed and crawled into the covers and got comfortable. Logan did the same and wrapped his arm around her waist spooning her back, positioning his face in her hair. He took a deep calming breath and let his tiredness take over his mind. He felt safe to fall asleep.

Marie was absolutely giddy, she was trying very hard to smother the giggles threatening to bubble out, she never thought this would happen. She was actually in bed with Logan!

‘Ok well maybe not in that way but hey it’s a start!’ her minnie pep talk in her mind let her giddiness grow. She couldn’t possibly fall asleep now, but there was no way in hell she was going to move.

“Hey Logan?” asked Marie

“Yeah darlin?” he replied his voice raspy.

“Ah think it would be best after you wake up, to go talk with the professor.”

“Sounds good to me.”

“...Hey Logan?”

“...Yeah?”

“Ah’m sure it will all be ok.”

“...I hope so, now darlin please go to sleep or at least stop talking.” Logan grunted

“Ok...Hey Logan?”

"...”

“Logan?”

“What kid!?” Logan growled

“Sweet dreams sugah.”

“Sweet dreams darlin,” chuckled Logan.
End Notes:
ok NEXT chapter big stuff.Hope I am improving!
The Plan by Xgirl14
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews! Every review is precious to me, here is a little more Rogan fluff, but we find out whats wrong with Logan!
~...~ means mind talk lol
Logan lay awake lying in his bed. Last night was one of the best night’s sleep Logan had ever had. He was right, Marie kept the dreams away. He couldn’t put his finger on it, but he always felt better with her around. She calmed the darkness inside. He looked down where she was snuggling into his chest. Life was good.

It was mid-morning and Logan was going to have to get up soon to go talk to the professor. He slowly began to creep out of bed when Marie began to stir, mumbling something in her sleep. He couldn’t make it out and he chuckled. He began to sneak out again, but this time she opened her eyes and tilted her head up to look at him.

“Logan? Where are yah goin?” Marie rasped

Logan smiled “I have to get up darlin, I have to go talk to the professor remember? Get this all straightened out.”

“Oh yeah, well can yah wait for me? We can go down together.”

“Sure darlin,” Logan watched as Marie sprang out of bed and ran out the door to go to her room.

“Ah’ll be right back. Don’t you move a muscle!” and off she went sprinting down the hall.

Logan got out of bed and got dressed, pulling on a black T-shirt and his favorite pair of jeans.

“Ah thought I told yah not to move a muscle.”

Logan stopped what he was doing, his back facing the door, raised his arms and stood perfectly still. “I’m sorry. I couldn’t just go walking around naked.” He smirked

Marie blushed, ‘Thank god his back is turned. I hate how he laughs at me when I blush.Bastard.’ “Uh, right, well we should head downstairs now.”

He chuckled and turned around and walked over to her, casually putting his arm around her shoulder as they headed out. The walk down was quiet, and Logan liked how Marie wasn’t like other girls, always wanting to talk. ‘Blah Blah Blah, always talkin,’ thought Logan, he was glad Marie liked silence too. He was happy just this way.

~Logan, when you get to my office, come alone, Marie will have to find something else to occupy her time.~

~I was planning on it Chuck~ Logan hated it when the professor or any telepath for that matter got in his head. ‘Why can’t they converse like normal people? Well, I mean I guess we aren’t exactly normal.’

“Marie, I need to go talk to the professor alone.” Marie swished her head around to look at him. He was serious, the look on his face held no room to argue. This upset her she wanted to go with him to support him.

“Do yah promise to come get me when you’re done?” she pouted

Logan smiled, “Yeah, I promise.” They smiled at each other until they were loudly interrupted by a pest in bright yellow.

“Rougie! There you are! Kitty, Bobby, St. John, and I are going to watch a movie. You gotta watch it with us!” Jubilee squealed.

‘Damn that girl knows how to ruin a moment’ thought Marie

“Sure, what’s the movie?”

“It’s Kate and Leopold, that romantic comedy! You know with Hugh Jackman?” she added with an evil smirk

“AHH!!” Marie squealed and Logan had to cover his ears.

‘Jeez and I thought yellow was loud!’winced Logan

“Oh mah god! Why didn’t you say so! He is so sexy! Let’s go!” the girls began to run off when Marie turned around and looked back at Logan with a concerned gaze. “Are yah sure you’re gonna be ok?”

“Course Marie. I’ll be fine.” With that Marie scampered off to go be with her friends.

‘Hugh Jackman...She thinks he’s sexy? Logan snorted ‘Kids...’




Marie watched Logan walk away towards the professor’s office everyone was talking loudly and making jokes, mostly about the movie and sighed loudly.

“So are you and Wolvie shagging yet?” asked Jubilee innocently

“Jubilee!” Marie blushed furiously “Yah know it’s not like that! We’re just friends!”

“That look you two were giving each other sure looked like you wanted to…just saying.”

“Oh mah god, please just shut up.”

“Do you love him?” asked Kitty that sure as hell got everybody’s attention.

“Well, ah mean, yes...no... like a friend.” Marie stuttered

“Bullshit,” stated Bobby, “Everyone here knows it so you two might as well get a room and get it over with. Be together already!” he laughed.

When Rogue and Bobby broke up it had been mutual. Bobby wanted to see other people (aka Kitty) Rogue couldn’t care less. She didn’t hate him or anything it just seemed that the flame that was their teenage romance flickered into non-existence. She was happy for her friends.

“Ah...ah...HEY LOOK! The movie’s startin! Everybody shut up and watch!” Her friends seemed to have gotten the hint and turned to watch the movie, Marie let out a sigh of relief.

‘People need to mind their own damn business.’





Logan was standing outside Xavier’s door and for some reason he couldn’t bring himself to knock on the door. He would never admit to anyone but he was nervous. What if he was crazy? Maybe there was something seriously wrong with him.

~Whenever you are ready Logan you can come in~
Logan growled ‘Damn telepaths’

~I heard that.~

With a heavy sigh Logan opened the door and walked in. To his unhappy surprise the professor wasn’t alone in fact; Scott, Jean, Hank and Storm were standing by his side.

“What the hell is this? I thought you said come alone, this was supposed to be private!” he growled

“Calm down Logan let me explain. I know what is going on and I may need everyone’s help here to help me, help you.”

“What?”

“Do you remember what I once told you? That sometimes it’s best for the mind to discover things for itself? Well I believe that is exactly what is happening,” explained the professor.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, are you tellin me? That these images I’m seein, are actually memories?”

“That is precisely what I am telling you my friend. I believe this headache, the dreams, is your body telling you it is time. Your unconscious mind is ready to share with you, your past. I can help you know to unlock these memories if you’d let me.”

Lgan groaned, he HATED people in his head, messing around in there. He was finally getting things in there the way he liked it.

Logan was silent for a long time, he wanted this for so long and now all he had to do was ask? He didn’t know what to say.

“...Why are you guys here if it’s so easy?

“They are here Logan because I asked them to. Unfortunately unlocking your memories is going to take great effort, so I asked Jean to help me. The others are here for...security reasons”

“What do you mean by that?” asked Logan

“He means he doesn’t want you going crazy and gutting everyone,” said Scott.

Logan glared at him, and then turned to the professor again for a better explanation.

The Professor sighed, “Logan there are a lot of risks to this, I could be wrong and unlocking your memories could be very damaging to your psyche, it could put you in a feral state that you might not come out of.”

“We are here Logan to protect you and the others around you while Jean and Charles are incapacitated,” soothed Ororo.

Logan stared at the floor, he wasn’t sure, he wanted his memories so bad, he wanted to know what kind of person he was and he wanted to know who this Jimmy was. Maybe he was his son? Maybe he was still alive. And that women screaming, who was she?

“Logan?” asked Jean, “Are you ok?”

“What?” hearing his name jostled him out of his trance, “Uh, sounds good Chuck, I think it’s worth the risk, when do we start?” he asked quietly

The group looked around at each other worriedly before the Professor spoke again, “We could start after lunch perhaps? It is going to take us a while to prepare.”

“Sounds great to me.”

“Excellent, could you four excuse us for a moment? Let us all meet back here around noon agreed?”

“Sounds good to us Professor,” said Scott. The four X-men walked out of the room leaving Logan and Charles alone.

“There is one more thing Logan.”

“What’s that?”

“I have noticed that in times of great stress there is usually only one thing that calms you.”

“That being?”

“Rouge.”

Logan only stared at the professor. Was he crazy?

“No way Chuck, she is not comin in here, not when I might go crazy, she’d get hurt.”

“There is a chance yes, but Logan, it doesn’t take a telepath to see that you care for her. Perhaps more than just friends?”

When his only response was a silent glare he kept going. “Rouge has become quite the young woman hasn’t she?” More silence, Charles was careful about what he was going to say next. “Do you love her?” he waited for the Wolverine’s temper to go off but it didn’t. He just stared at him for a long time.

“Logan?”

“...”

“Logan?” he asked more insistently.

“Yes.” He whispered

“What was that?”

“I think I do Chuck…I think I’m in love.”

Charles was taken aback; he was not expecting such a blunt statement, not from the Wolverine and especially not about his feelings.

The men just stared at each other for a long time without saying a word.

“Are you going to tell her?”
End Notes:
NEXT: The journey through time begins!
Memories by Xgirl14
Author's Notes:
ok, so um WOW. Sorry I basically dropped off of the face of the Earth but my life. UGH JUST SHOOT ME! This is literally the first day I've had to myself!!! So please forgive me!
Logan sat at the small island table in the kitchen chewing on a sandwich he had made, extra lunch meat. He kept running the conversation between him and the professor over and over again. He could tell Marie how he felt, but would she feel the same? He knew she wasn’t the little girl he picked up in his truck all those years ago, she was an adult now, even if she didn’t act like it sometimes.

Logan glanced at the clock, almost one. Lunch was usually over by then and then he had his appointment to go to. First he had to find Marie and tell her was going on, he kind of hoped she would sense his discomfort about the situation and decline going with him. He really didn’t want to put her in such a situation. He snorted, like she would ever say no.

He washed off his plate and placed in the sink, he’d wash it later, maybe, someone would do it. He had more pressing matters to think about. Logan stalked down the halls on his way to where he last saw Marie, and glaring at anyone who came across his way.

As he approached the rec room he could pick up on the mindless chatter of the group of youngsters, nothing really interesting was being said, but what he could pick up it was about the movie like

“Oh my GOD! Hugh Jackman is so GORGEOUS!”

“You girl’s are ridiculous, I am way better looking than Jackman.”

“Bobby…just…no..”

Logan snorted ‘Again with that Jackman guy…’ He poked his head through the door and saw them all spread out over the room.

“Logan! Hey just in time! The movie just ende-“ Marie stopped, she intently looked at Logan’s face, there was something wrong she could just tell, when he left her earlier he at least looked like he was trying to look happy.

“Logan what’s wrong?”

“I need to talk to you kid, it’s kinda important.”

“Oh, uh, ok, Ah’ll see you guys later I guess.”

“Okie Dokie Roguie! See ya later! Hey Logan, try turning that frown upside down!” exclaimed Jubilee

Logan just growled and Marie rolled her eyes. Marie got up and walked over to Logan and when she was in grabbing distance he reached for her arm and held tight as he dragged her down the hall towards the professor’s study.

“Logan, what is going on? Let go.”

He stopped mid stride, satisfied that they were far enough away from the three idiots so that they couldn’t overhear. He let go of her arm and turned to look at her. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He didn’t even know where to start. She was looking worriedly at him and it made his heart ache. He felt bad that she worried so much for him all the time.

“Marie…I…I talked with Chuck and he thinks my headaches are something more,” he paused and she nodded for him to go on

“He thinks these images I’m seeing, the voices, are actually memories…he wants me to meet him at one to have a session, but there’s a catch…” Logan hesitated to go on “He says, there might be a chance that I could lose it…like forever. He wants to try to unlock the memories but if it goes wrong, I could go into a feral state. Scott, Ororo and Hank are going to be there today…for protection…while Jean and Chuck go into my head.”

“Oh Logan.”

“Chuck thinks the only thing that might help me is…you…but you are in no way going to be there!” the last sentence came out in a rush as he stared at her.

“Now just wait one minute! Ah believe this is my choice, if the professor thinks it’s a good idea, then I’m goin!” she yelled “Plus, if it will help yah, I want to be there. I want to help yah sugah.” She pouted

Logan groaned, there she went again with that adorable pout that he couldn’t say no to. “Kid, I could really hurt you if this goes wrong. I couldn’t live with myself if I did, or anyone here for that matter.” He stated quietly. Marie closed the distance between them and wrapped her arms around Logan.

“Logan, you would never hurt me, I know you.” She reassured

“Kid, I don’t think you get it! Chuck thinks this could be really bad. When I go into a feral state, there’s still a part of me that knows who I am, this time…I have no idea what will happen.”

“Logan, calm down. Please…just let me try to help yah?” she pleaded

Logan sighed and returned the hug, holding Marie tight in his arms. “Alright, you can help…but at the first sign of danger, you got to promise me you’ll run. I mean it Marie, promise me.”

“I promise Logan.”
---------------------------------------------------------
Everyone stood silently around the professor’s desk, nobody wanted to break the silence that lingered in the air. Logan sat slouched in a chair looking anything but pleased while Marie sat next to him in the opposite chair. The Professor sat behind his desk with his hands steepled across his desk. The silence was begging to become uncomfortable. Logan growled.

“Damn it! Can we get this shit on the road!” yelled Logan startling everyone in the room

“Logan, language,” the professor chided “But yes, I agree if you are ready I do believe we can begin.”

“Finally.”

“Right well let me explain than. As you know Jean and myself shall enter your mind finding the source of the dreams and headaches you have been experiencing. Once we do, we shall have to dig deeper to get the full memory. Once the memory is unlocked I believe it shall open the flood gates to your memory loss, to put it simply. Logan I must warn you again, this is very dangerous. The things you will see might not be pleasant and it could trigger a berserker rage so awful, you might not be able to come out of it.”

“Well if that happens Chuck I hope you guys do whatever it takes to stop me.”

“Logan, this is very serious, we don’t want to hurt you,” said Hank.

“You bet this is serious Hank, I mean it, stop at nothing and I mean nothing to bring me down.”

“Well none of that is going to be necessary ‘cause Ah’m here. If I can keep you calm than that’s what Ah’m going to do.” Stated Marie, her complexion a little paler. Logan stared at her intently considering his options, which weren’t a lot.

“Let’s do this professor.”

“Of course,” the professor sighed “Also before we start, during this time when Jean and I will be combining our telepathy some scenes and emotions of yours might become projected and I won’t be able to block them from the others, I will be engulfed in what is going on I will nedd all of consentration. Will you be alright with that?” asked the professor.

Logan was silent for a long time, he really did not like this new development. He didn’t want the others to see what he has done. Nobody needed to see that, from the memories that he did have, they weren’t anything to brag about. But he really wanted to know about his past, and he had a feeling that if this problem wasn’t solved now, it would only get worse.

“Logan?”

“Hm? What?”

“Are you ready to begin?” asked the professor

“Uh…yeah...”

“Right well lean back, close your eyes, and try to relax. Jean are you ready?”

“Sure am professor.”

“Excellent, now let’s begin.”
----------------------------------------------------------
There was a small breeze blowing somewhere, it was dark but he could hear the leaves blowing. The scent, so familiar, he couldn’t place it. Something in the back of his head was tingling. Logan shook his head to dispel the odd feeling, slowly it began to brighten.

‘That must be Jean and the professor, working their mind magic’ chuckled Logan

One came to focus first was a giant house. The mansion? No, it was different in so many ways although it certainly was a mansion. It looked cold, like there was no light anywhere to be seen, no happiness or hope. Logan shivered. The house had two identical like towers on each side with an old black weather vane on top of just one. A porch circled the house like a moat. Dark windows spotted the house giving it an eery look. Despite the darkness to this house it seemed like it was kept in a state of upkeep. He could hear voices, lots of them, but he couldn’t see the people. He felt like he was in a dead zone. He shivered again.

Logan turned to survey his other surroundings and found that the property was surrounded by a forest. There was a long winding path leading to the only exit and road. He felt cut off from the world and it almost gave him a sense of piece. He stood in silence as he took in this familiar scene.

“James?”

That voice, it was the woman, again calling out for Jimmy. He turned and called back to let her know that at least he was there.

“Hey I’m L-“ he stopped, that voice wasn’t his own, but a child’s. Confused he looked down at himself and was stunned at what he saw. His hands, instead of being large and masculine, were small, weak, soft hands. He continued his exploration and found himself to be wearing a light brown jacket and matching shorts, definitely more fancy than what he would ever deem as “casual.” Shiny black dress shoes completed his ensemble and Logan felt himself blush.

‘This is ridiculous. I beat Summers is having a hoot about this.’

“James? Oh blast you boy where have you gone?”

Logan looked up to see a woman searching frantically around the grounds. She was beautiful that much was obvious. She had dark hair, just like him and she wore a long elegant blue dress. The dress looked like something out of the 1800’s which puzzled him. Her face was long and elegant and everthing about her radiated beauty. Seeing her made his heart ache, and he wasn’t sure why. He continued staring at her when she suddenly glanced over and began to rush over to him.

“James! Oh my darling! There you are!” the woman exclaimed
Logan, obviously confused looked behind him and saw no one. Logan dared to speak as the woman finally stopped in front of him. He turned back to her as he began speaking.

“Uh…I’m sorry-“ he froze. This woman, THIS WOMAN, he knew her. The tingling feeling began again at the back of his head. The first thing to come back to him was her name, it was Elizabeth. The second was who she was to him.

“Mother…”

“Goodness James, what are you doing out? You need to rest! You know what being outside can do to you! I swear child you will be the death of me!” she smiled at him as she hugged him close.

“I’m...I’m sorry mama,” James stammered “I just wanted ta go outside…it looked so pretty out.” He pouted, he could feel the tears begin to prickle at the corners of his eyes, making him want to cry more.

“Oh now now my darling, I am not cross,” she smiled “You just gave mother a scare is all, now come, back to bed with you, you’re going to overwork yourself.” She bent down and picked up the tiny James and began to make their way back to the house. James buried his head into his mother’s hair and inhaled deeply. Her smell always comforted him. Elizabeth began to hum softly, a tune James knew like the back of his hand. James’ eyes slowly began to droop and he just snuggled closer.

“Hush now my sweet boy, later you, Victor and perhaps your big brother John can all go out and play. How does that sound?”

“Mmm..” he hummed his response, being too tired to speak.

“Hmm…such a sweet boy, my darling James.”
End Notes:
Sorry, I suppose this is a short update..but yeah...oh well. If you are wondering what song his mother was humming it was "Baby Mine" like from DUMBO. Everytime I hear this song...it's just so cute and sad. I thought it would be nice. Next chapter, more awesomeness! Please let me know how you think I'm doing!
Don't you cry by Xgirl14
Author's Notes:
Look how awesome two chapter updates in one day! I have been a busy bee! Ok so any mistakes(which I am sure there are) are mine so please forgive me!
Marie tried to hold back tears she definitely didn’t want to show. She saw everything that had just went down inside of Logan’s head. Logan looked so small and helpless, so different than the man she knew now. And his mother, she was so beautiful, they looked like they were so close. Logan couldn’t have been more than four or five. He was definitely small for his age.

“Hmm, this certainly is an unsuspected development.” Stated Hank

“What do yah mean?” asked Marie

“Well I’m sure you saw that.”

“Well yeah, it was projected pretty clearly.”

“The clothes?”

“What about them?” asked Storm

“Those clothes looked like they were dated back to I would say 1840’s? I would guess at the earliest.”

“1840! Hank, that’s ridiculous!” exclaimed Marie

“Well, not exactly, Hank does have a point Rogue, I mean we don’t really know how great his healing abilities are, it is completely possible that he’s that old.” Said Scott

“But that would make him about 145 years old Scott!” exclaimed Storm

“Indeed.”
---------------------------------------------------------
James awoke some time later, he could see the sun still shining through his curtains while he sat up and rubbed his eyes sleepily. He yawned and looked around his room. A big oak closet sat in the corner of his room. A huge chest sat on the other side, the ground around it littered with toys.

He slowly crawled out of his giant four poster bed and made his way over to his door. Voices could be heard ringing through the halls. Some yelling orders, the others just carrying out conversations. James wasn’t interested in any of that. He wanted to find his mother. He wanted to play.

He walked the long dark halls of his home, making his way towards his mother’s room. When he approached the giant oak doors he paused for a moment to listen. He heard someone else in the room, however it wasn’t his father. The doors were so thick he had to strain to hear. Loud murmurs could be heard, but nothing coherent.

James leaned against the door and nearly fell over when the door was quickly pulled open and out stepped a man. Thomas Creed, the groundskeeper. James shivered, this man was huge and terrified him to no end.

“I...I...I...”

“Spit it out boy!”

“I...I...I...”

Thomas groaned and just walked away, he didn’t want to be bothered by the young master.

“Oh! James up so soon?” his mother leaned down and smiled at him.

“I wanna go play Mama” pouted James
Elizabeth put a hand to his forehead and waited a few moments before smiling.

“Well my darling it seems you are doing quite better, why don’t you go find Victor and John and see if they wish to play? And then later I have something very important to tell you both.”

He smiled “Ok Mama!” Elizabeth grabbed after him and tickled him and he squealed as he ran away, she smiled.
James finally found his brother in the study, and ran up to him.

“Johnny, Johnny! Can we go play with Victor?”

John looked down at his significantly younger brother and grinned. “Alright Jimmy, did Mama say you could go play?”

“Yeah! I’m all better!”

“Well then let’s go find Victor!”

With James in hand the brothers walked through the front doors and after spotting Victor looking gloomily over in the yard, they started over in his direction. Victor smiled wide, showing off his two missing teeth.

“Good day Victor,” John greeted “My brother and I were wondering if you would like to play a game with us?”

Victor glanced down at the smaller boy who was looking expectantly up at him. Victor was four years older than James, but three years younger than John. He didn’t exactly like playing with the smaller boy, he always seemed to get hurt and cry. He enjoyed playing with John, he loved learning from the older boy. John was like the older brother he always wanted.

“Do ya wanna play with us Victor?” asked James

Victor grinned, “Yeah sure runt I’ll play with you.” John and Victor shared a smile, they knew how much the nickname razzled the small boy.

“Don’t call me that!” James stomped his foot to show how much he meant it.

Victor chuckled, “Yeah, yeah I know, so what are we going to play today?”

“Well, if you and Jimmy are up to it, we could play a game of tag?”

“Fine by me.”

“Right well I guess I will be it. Victor, Jimmy, I’ll give you a 10 second head start!”

The boys screamed and ran as fast as they could to get away. Victor headed off in one direction and James being overwhelmed, followed him. Victor looked back to see if he was being followed yet, but instead of just John, he saw the runt following him like his life depended on it.

“Runt! Quit following me! He’ll get us both that way!”

“I don’t wanna be it!” James screamed.

Victor picked up the pace, he certainly wasn’t going to be it. James tried his best to keep up but his legs couldn’t keep up. He raced on until his foot caught on the ground and flew forward, scraping his hands and knees in the process. Everyone stopped running and turned to look at James. He slowly got up and sat back. He looked at his bloody hands and knees. Victor and John held their breath they knew what was coming.

“Jimmy,” cooed John

“AAAAAHHHH!” James began screaming at the top of his lungs while the tears poured down his face.

Victor grimaced at the ear piercing shriek, this always happened. John rushed forward and picked James up trying to sooth the shrieking boy.

“James! James! Please calm down!” John began to bounce the boy to get him to stop but it didn’t seem to be having any effect.

The front doors burst open revealing a frazzled looking Elizabeth. She quickly stepped onto the lawn and stared at the scene in front of her. She smiled sweetly at the older boys and put her arms out to intercept the weeping boy. John eagerly gave him over to their mother.

“Oh my darling,” chuckled Elizabeth “What has gotten you so upset?”

“He fell down and got all scraped up miss.”

“Oh my…shhh James, Mama has got you.”

The crying didn’t cease, but got louder, the boys winced. Elizabeth began to hum quietly his lullaby. Hearing this James seemed to get impossibly smaller as he snuggled into his mother’s embrace. He was embarrassed that he was crying in front of the older boys. Soon he began to calm down but refused to remove his face from his mother’s hair.

“Boys why don’t you go wash up dinner will be done soon. Are you staying for dinner tonight Victor? You know you are more than welcome to.”

“No ma’am, my father wants me home soon. I don’t want to make him cross.” Stated Victor sadly

“No I suppose not…John, your father will be home soon, so make sure you are presentable.”

“Yes mother.” With that said the two boys were off, John to the mansion, Victor who quickly walked down the path to the front gate.

“Come now James, let us get you cleaned up.”

“O...ok.”
----------------------------------------------------------
Scott smirked, he never knew that the Wolverine was such a Mama’s boy. This was such good blackmailing material.

Marie sighed, the look Scott was displaying assured that there would be many fights about this later. Her head started to hurt just thinking about it. She stared at Logan, his face was so serene. The usual scowl that he wore wasn’t there and she had never seen him so peaceful. However, something about what she just saw made her feel uneasy. That boy, Victor, she had a bad feeling. She was praying that the name was just a coincidence. But it was completely plausible that the young Victor in Logan’s memories was the Victor Creed they knew today, Sabertooth.

So far, Logan’s memories were very nice, normal, childhood experiences. Granted they took place during the early 1840’s, but normal. Everyone seemed to be feeling the same, sharing the same slightly confused expecting expression. What could be haunting Logan so bad that it would be effecting him physically?

Marie closed her eyes and took a deep breath as more images from the past washed over her.
End Notes:
I know it's kind of dragging but i need to build this up! It's going to get a lot darker soon!Review please!Also here are the lyrics to Baby Mine!

Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part, baby of mine
Little one when you play
Don't you mind what you say
Let those eyes sparkle and shine
Never a tear, baby of mine
If they knew sweet little you
They'd end up loving you too
All those same people who scold you
What they'd give just for
The right to hold you
From your head to your toes
You're not much, goodness knows
But you're so precious to me
Cute as can be, baby of mine
Merry Christmas by Xgirl14
Author's Notes:
Ok I know I said that the big stuff was coming up, but I just couldn't write something like what I'm planning on Christmas! So I wrote this hopefully little fluffy x-masy chapter. But now I'm like 99% sure that shit is going to go down next chapter. Please bare with me!
Maids and cooks rushed about the house preparing for dinner. Master Howlett had been gone for a few days and they needed everything to be perfect. James sat quietly in his chair opposite his brother John. Their mother sat patiently at the head of the table waiting for her husband to arrive. She was beaming from excitement, but from what James didn’t know. He was excited, his father was finally coming home after being gone for so long, he assumed that’s why his mother was smiling. The dining halls burst opened and a tall man with thick dark hair walked in. He was wearing a dark grey suite and looked ever the business man. He stopped in the doorway and stared and smiled at the group.

“Well are you boys going to sit there or are you going to come hug your father?”

“Father!” both boys exclaimed as they rushed up to greet their him. John got to him first and wrapped his arms around his waist and James attached himself to his leg in a tight embrace.

Elizabeth walked slowly up to John Sr. and gave him a quick peck on the cheek smiling brightly. “Oh dear I am so glad you are back I have such great news to tell you. How was your trip?”

“It was fine, nothing of importance really happened, everything went accordingly and what exactly do you have to tell me? Keeping secrets from me?” John teased.

Elizabeth’s smile faltered only for a second before she beamed even brighter. “How about I tell you all over dinner, the cooks have been slaving all day we should eat before it gets cold.”

Everyone got back into their seats and began to dig into their meal. After some time of comfortable silence Elizabeth finally couldn’t handle her surprise any longer. “Everyone, I have an important announcement to make,” she paused “I am expecting!”

“My darling that is wonderful! When are you due?” exclaimed John

“Well I am assuming in about mid December, oh darling are you as happy as I am?”

“Of course, of course! Boys isn’t this wonderful! Another member of the family!”

“Mother I am so happy! I hope it’s going to be another boy!” exclaimed John Jr.

Elizabeth giggled “John not that I don’t love boys, I think a beautiful little girl would complete this family. James what do you think you’re going to be a big brother!”

For the first time since this conversation began everyone turned to the young James. James sat there deadly silent with a frown slowly making its way onto his features. He wouldn’t meet the other’s eyes.

“Son, your mother asked you a question.”

“Another...baby?”

“Yes James another baby,” confirmed Elizabeth her smile slowly slipping.

Tears began to well up in James’ eyes as he finally turned to look at his family. “You can’t have another baby!”

“Why for heaven’s sake not?” chuckled his father.

“Because you won’t love me anymore! Babies are stupid! I hate you!” James jumped from his seat and ran as fast as he could out of the room.
----------------------------------------------------------
James lay face first on his bed, he was sobbing uncontrollably all the while thinking about the unfairness of the whole situation. Why would his parents want another baby? They had him, they shouldn’t want another baby. He was so into his thoughts that he didn’t hear someone approach until he felt a warm hand stroke his back. James jumped and whirled around slamming his back into the headboard of his bed.

Elizabeth stared back at her son with a sad expression on her face. James didn’t like it when she frowned especially when he knew that he was the cause. With that thought tears again began to well in his eyes and rolled down his cheeks. Elizabeth sighed tiredly at him.

“James, please stop crying, you are going to make yourself ill again.” She slowly reached for James and wrapped her arms around his small frame and lifted him up into her lap.

“I’m sorry Mama.” Croaked James

“Shhh darling, I know. James?”

“Yes Mama?”

“I want you to know something very important. Your father and I will never stop loving you, no matter what happens. Even with the new baby, we will continue to love you just as much as we do now.”

“Really?”

“Of course really. I also have a special job for you.”

“What is it?”

“I want you to be the best big brother this baby can have, you and John. I want you to protect each other. Can you do that for me? You need to be strong and brave.” Elizabeth smiled down at her son.

“Of course Mama, I’m already strong and brave!”

Elizabeth giggled “That’s right you are! You’re Mama’s special little man.” Elizabeth then began to tickle James relentlessly ignoring the boy’s screams of terror and delight.
----------------------------------------------------------
Scott was cracking up, oh yeah he was going to be using this later and revenge would be sweet. His laughter was infectious and the others couldn’t help but chuckle a little at the Wolverine’s expense. However they all shut up when a low growl erupted out of said Wolverine. When the turned to look at him Logan had the biggest smile on his face and looked so happy. Marie couldn’t help but return his smile.

“God it’s already bad enough that he has an older brother, now there’s going to be three of them?” Scott complained sounding anything but amused. They all chuckled at that. Marie began to wonder if John and his younger sibling were still alive. Perhaps they were also mutants with similar healing factors. Maybe when Logan woke up they could try to find them.
----------------------------------------------------------
Time seemed to fly by, the next time they found Logan he was with his mother as usual but she had changed. She was huge, which was putting it mildly. A fire was glowing in the nearby fireplace while the two sat curled up in a chair while she read to James. There was a Christmas tree in the corner of the room decorated with orbs of silver and gold. Tinsel and ribbon were wrapped all around the tree with a big star on top to finish the look. Outside there was snow everywhere and everything was decorated. Elizabeth was expecting soon and preparations were set for the baby’s arrival. James had changed over this time as well. He looked bigger than before and when he smiled you could see he was missing his bottom front teeth. Christmas was in three days and presents scattered the floor around the big tree. There were even a few presents for Victor, even though his father seemed to dislike the idea.

John and his Father were out working in the fields doing some last minute preparations and would be coming back soon for dinner. The sun had already set and dinner was almost done. His mother and him were halfway into the book when his mother shot forward launching James a few feet off of her lap. She gave a loud gasp of pain and looked at James.

“Quickly, darling, go get Helen, tell her the baby is coming, and then go find your father!” her face had gone pale and she squeezed her eyes shut. James began to panic but ran to find Helen just like his mother told him.

A few moments later James, Helen, John Jr. and John Sr. rushed into the room where Elizabeth sat scrunched on the chair.

“John! Oh god John! The baby is coming!”

“Come darling, we must get you up to our room the doctor is on his way, just relax and breathe. John stay with your brother.” John nodded and they watched their parents leave the room.

“Johnny is Mama going to be ok?”

“Sure she is, she’s just not feeling real well right now.”
----------------------------------------------------------
It seemed like forever since James last saw his mother, he was worried sick. He sat in his room with John but couldn’t concentrate on the game they were playing because of the sounds of his mother’s cries of pain. Eventually they gave up and decided to lay around the room, both boys impatient to see their mother. Suddenly the screams stopped but were replaced by a high pitched wail. Both boys sat up and looked towards the door as it opened revealing their Father.

“Boys, your Mother is fine, she wants to see you now if you want.” John Sr. looked tired and shaken but he couldn’t help the grin that was plastered on his face.

They walked down the hall and slowly entered the bedroom. Elizabeth laid there on the giant king size bed holding a small bundle in her arms. Her hair was plastered onto her face and she looked exhausted. His brother was the first to walk over to greet the new guest while James stayed stuck to the floor.

“It’s a girl,” croaked Elizabeth “A beautiful baby girl.”

“What’s her name Mama?” asked John

“Margaret Rose Howlett.”

“That’s a beautiful name Mama.”

Elizabeth smiled, “Yes it is, do you want to hold her John?”

James watched as his brother gingerly picked up the small bundle and held it close to his chest. James just stared on with wide eyes. Something was touching his back and when he looked up he realized it was his Father smiling down at him. He prodded at James and pushed him forward.

“Come now Jimmy, don’t be shy, let’s say hi.”

James’ eyes got impossibly bigger and he tried to resist his Father’s urgings. His Mother and brother smiled at him while the strange bundle made gurgling noises. His Father then grabbed him and set him onto the bed.

“Do you want to hold her Jimmy?” asked his Father, James gulped he was terrified. His Father gently scooped the bundle from his brother and placed it into James’ arms what he saw made his heart stop. She was beautiful.

Big round green eyes stared up at him with a curious gaze. A patch of wavy auburn hair covered her small head and she looked just like his Mother. Margaret reached out a tiny hand and grabbed hold of his nose and let out a small gurgling sound. James grinned, she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen and he was only five.

“I will always protect you.” That was a promise and he would keep it no matter what.

“Merry Christmas my darlings,” sighed a tired Elizabeth

“Merry Christmas Mama.”
End Notes:
Awwww I hope that pulled on your heart strings. Maggie's identity is finally revealed! More to come and now the story will take a VERY dark turn. Please review!
For whom the bell tolls by Xgirl14
Author's Notes:
Sooo yeah...sorry about not updating in forever. My life=kill me now. SO here is my apology. All mistakes are mine.
Time seemed to have skipped forward. Logan was even bigger than before finally starting to look his age. Which Marie guessed was about seven. His face had thinned out some and his face was beginning to look like the Logan she knew instead of the chubby faced little boy from before. God she wanted this to be over. She just wanted Logan to be better, she wanted Logan to remember as well, if that’s what he wanted, but she didn’t like the chances. What if he didn’t come back?
----------------------------------------------------------
Summer had finally arrived much to James’ excitement, he no longer was cooped up inside for fear of pneumonia or other such illnesses he would surely contract. Even though James has grown over the past two years he still became ill very often and didn’t have enough chances to go outside and play with his brother and Victor.

James didn’t mind it too much though, he was content in just sitting inside sitting with his mother and sister, showing her his toys and making her laugh. He followed her around as she toddled around the mansion, making sure she didn’t bump into anything.

Margaret was beautiful, her dark auburn hair was just beginning to reach her shoulders and her eyes shown with love and just pure happiness. When she cried James was always there to calm her. Their mother was very proud.

James was walking down the hall on his way outside, he was finally allowed out today, when he bumped into his brother.

“Hey Johnny want to go outside to play?”

John was fourteen by now and he had slowly begun to drift away from his brother, what with the new baby and their father who was pushing a lot of new responsibilities on him.

John Sr. was gone a lot these days on business leaving John as man of the house. Once he had turned thirteen his father saw to it that he began to get trained in up keeping the estate while he was gone. John had no time for silly games with his baby brother.

“Sorry Jimmy, you know father is coming back tonight and I need to make sure everything is perfect. It’s important. Why don’t you go find Victor? I think he’s done with his work for the day.”

James frowned at this, his brother never had time for him anymore and he hated the drifting feeling that they had between them. He missed John.

“Well okay I guess.”

“Wonderful! I’ll see you later than Jimmy.”

“See ya.”

James continued his way down the hall in a slightly more sour mood than before when something caught his attention. As he approached the doors that lead to his father’s study he heard muffled voices. A man and a women. There seemed to be some kind of argument going on between them if the sharp whispers were anything to go by. His curiosity getting the best of him he knocked on the door.

“Hello? Who’s in there? What’s going on?”

The whispers stopped suddenly and there was a long pause before someone replied.

“It’s just me darling, go on your way,”replied his mother.

“Mama who’s in there?”

“Go along James.” His mother’s voice hit a pleading note that raised alarm in the boy.

“Mama ar-“ James didn’t finish his sentence as the door was wrenched open and an angry looking Thomas Creed looked down at him. God this man was terrifying.

“Boy your mother said to get. So I suggest you get. The grown-ups are having a conversation.” Thomas growled.

James looked around the towering figure that was Creed and glanced worriedly at his mother. She looked frazzled and her hair was out of place. Her eyes were puffy as if she had been crying. Her dress was rumpled.

“James I’m fine, me and Mr. Creed are just having a conversation. Go on and play. I saw Victor outside go one now,” pleaded his mother.

“If you’re sure Mama.”

Elizabeth nodded and with another menacing growl from Creed James backed away from the door as it was promptly shut in his face.

Thomas Creed terrified him, when it came to that man all strength and courage left him putting their tails between their legs and took off running. He was a big hulking mass of a man and he’s was pretty sure he killed a man. He may be seven but he wasn’t as naïve as everyone might think he was. When he saw Victor he knew his father had beat him. Creed didn’t really try to hide it. Today Victor was sporting a black eye.

James grimaced, it was unfair how Creed treated his only son. James’ father never hit him. Creed he figured was just as low as you could get.

“Hey” said James.

Victor was sitting under the big oak tree out front and was scowling at the ground, looking as if he was in deep thought. With the appearance of Jimmy he glanced up, scowl still on his face.

“What do you want Master James?”

“You know I hate it when you call me that.”

“Well isn’t that how a lowly servant should address his master?” mocked Victor.

“You’re not my servant you’re my friend.”

That shut Victor up, his scowl easing up into an uneasy frown.

“What do you want Jimmy,” Victor asked quietly.

“Want to play? We could go into the woods, go to that place you like, down by the pond.”

The corners of Victor’s lips slowly began to slide up.
“That sounds like a blast,” Victor jumped up from where he was sitting and began walking in the direction of the woods at the edge of the property, “Come on runt!”

“I hate that more!” yelled James

Victor only chuckled.
--------------------------------------------------------
The boys sat shoulder to shoulder with their feet dangling at the waters edge. Even though it was summer it was a particularly chilly day so they decided not to swim.

“Hey Jim?”

“What?”

“Do you ever feel...different?”

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know, like the world has suddenly become so much clearer, you feel stronger, just better.”

“Victor wha-“

“Come on Jimmy! You’ve never felt like that? I mean sometimes I feel like I could just go up to my Pa and just break his neck! And you’ve seen my Pa!” he replied almost frantically.

“Victor, Jesus, what are you talking about?” James was becoming concerned Victor was starting to look a little wild, his eyes were dark.

Victor seemed to sense James’ unease, “Never mind, just forget it, I’m just sick of my Pa he’s an old bastard."

“I’m sorry Victor. You’re a good person, you don’t deserve that.” James replied quietly

Victor snorted, “No need to get all sentimental on me runt,” Victor couldn’t hide the small smile on his face.
-------------------------------------------------------
The group watched the boys interactions. Marie was frowning at the young Victor. No child should ever be beaten, especially by the person who is supposed to protect them. She continued to frown at the young boy, with the passing years he looked more like the Victor they knew today and her suspicions were almost justified. However this Victor didn’t look very beast like. He wasn’t sporting his famous claws or long fangs, he looked normal.

Even if Victor was only a few years older than James you could already tell this boy was going to be massive. ‘And dangerous’ thought Marie and from the looks the others were showing she probably wasn’t the only one. Marie glanced over to Logan’s still form. A frown was slowly making its way onto his features. Marie couldn’t help mirroring his expression as more visions overtook her.
------------------------------------------------------
The boys headed back to the as the sun began to set. James’ father would be returning soon and he had to look presentable for dinner. Once they reached the property they went their separate ways. Victor never stayed for dinner.

James ran up the stairs to change, the house was loud with excitement and anticipation. He was just changing his shirt when he heard the front doors burst open and he heard his father’s voice conversing with one of the servants. James grinned, his father was finally home.

James rushed down the stairs taking two by two and jumped into a dignified landing at the bottom of the stairs. One of the maids saw was he had done and looked at him sternly. He gave her a sheepish smile and quickly walked to the dinner hall.

His parents still hadn’t arrived but his brother and little Margaret were seated on opposite sides of the table.

“Jimmy! Jimmy!” gurgled his sister.

“Maggie! How are you? I haven’t seen you all day!”

Margaret didn’t know many words yet, she was only two, so she just continued to gurgle at her brother. John and James both shared a fond smile.

The doors opened and both of his parents walked in. James stared intently at his mother, her cloths and hair were put back to place and her eyes were no longer puffy. The only evidence that something was troubling her was that she wasn’t smiling, at least not her bright smile that always made him smile in return, no matter how bad he felt. His parents sat in their places and the servant began bringing in the food.

“So John I’ve walked through the property, to check up on things.”

John snapped his gaze to his father, anxiety was rolling off of him in waves. “And how was it?” he asked tentatively.

John Sr. grinned, “Very nice job Johnny, I’m proud, everything is as it should be.”

Jr. grinned letting out the breath he had been holding.
“You’ve done such an amazing job that I have a surprise for you.”

“A surprise?”

“Well I shall be back for a while and the weather is starting to be nice so I propose you and I go on a hunting trip together! What do you say?”

“Father that’s sounds wonderful!” Jr. was practically bouncing in his seat from excitement.

“Excellent! Then we shall leave first thing tomorrow morning. I’ve already gotten one of the maids to pack your things.”

James was silent throughout this whole conversation. What about him?

“Papa, what about me? May I go too?”

John’s grin fell as he looked at his son, when he spoke his tone was serious.

“I’m sorry James but you are still too young, and besides we can’t risk your health now can we?”

“But Papa I want to go! I’ll be fine really!” begged James

“No James, I shall not give on this. You are staying with your mother and sister.”

“But I-“

“James! Do not make me repeat myself,” his father was scowling at him. He really didn’t like repeating himself.

James’ lower lip wobbled, this always happened to him. His father always chose John for things over him just because he thought James was weak. The meal carried on in silence and at the first chance he excused himself.

James didn’t stop he ran all the way to his room and ‘damn it’ he thought he began to cry. James really tried to be strong he really did, but this just wasn’t fair. He was too caught up in his thoughts that he didn’t hear his door open or see his mother walk in.

“James?” she cooed, “Darling don’t be upset, your father is just looking out for your wellbeing.”

“He never lets me do anything! He favors John more than me! I always get left behind!” yelled James.

Elizabeth looked at her son with sadness in her eyes. “My darling you know that isn’t true, he loves you very much.” She slowly rubbed circles on his back to help sooth him and she began to hum his lullaby.

“Stop it!”, James was becoming angrier the longer she hummed, “I’m not a baby so stop treating me like one!”

The expression on Elizabeth’s face could only be described as hurt, than anger. “Fine then! Your right James I should no longer treat you like a baby as you are such a strong man.”

She quickly left the room leaving James stunned. He yelled at his mother, he yelled at his mother. The look on her face crushed his heart. She never yelled at him before either. He had no idea where all of the anger and hate had come from, it was so unlike himself it scared him. He instantly regretted his behavior but was too scared to seek her out and apologize.

“Jimmy? Why loud?” James head whipped up, Maggie was staring at him on the verge of tears herself.

“Shh Maggie, I’m sorry, don’t cry,” he whispered.

Maggie lifted her arms in a silent plea and James obliged. He held her tight he wasn’t going to hurt two people in one night. He already hurt one person he cared for the most he wasn’t going to traumatize his baby sister.

“I’m a horrible person Maggie,” he whimpered

“Lub Jimmy,” cooed Margaret.

James sighed, “I love you too.”
--------------------------------------------------------
His father, brother and a few other men from the house loaded up the next morning and headed out. They would be gone for at least a week. James envied them, he wanted to show his father he was strong.

“Jimmy play?”

He turned and smiled at his sister sure Maggie I’ll play.”
-------------------------------------------------------
Three days had went by. His mother seemed to be avoiding him which was odd and made his insides twist in guilt. He spent most of his time with either Victor or Margaret. Victor nor his father went on the hunting trip, they decided to stay.

Victor wouldn’t let James wallow in self-pity and jealousy and they spent their afternoons down by the pond or playing other games. His evenings he spent reading or playing with his sister.

It was just the three of them at dinner, his mother barely speaking, she hated hunting, everyone knew that she believed it was dangerous and barbaric so James decided it wasn’t just his outburst that had provoked his mother so badly.

The front doors banged open and voices began shouting and screaming. They looked up from their table just as the dining hall doors opened and there stood a distraught looking John Sr.

“Elizabeth...” he croaked

“No... don’t s-“

“Elizabeth…”

“NO!”

James was terrified. He had never seen his parents act like this before. “Papa what’s going on? What happened?”

John looked to his small son and choked out “There was an accident, James, your brother is dead.”

James’ eyes went wide and he barely noticed his mother’s piercing heart wrenching scream.
-------------------------------------------------------
Everyone stood shocked. ‘Was this it? Was this the horrible event in Logan’s past’ thought Marie. They all shared looks of horror and worry when their attention was zeroed in on the cry from the still form in front of them. Everyone stared at the horrible grief that had settled on the Wolverine.
End Notes:
review it inspires me! haha