Logan's Chair by haniccol
Summary: Logan is away on a mission... What oh what will Rogue do to help him through his time away?
Categories: X3, AU Characters: None
Genres: Adult, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Logan's Chair
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 12293 Read: 31678 Published: 12/08/2010 Updated: 12/17/2010
Story Notes:
So, also jumping on the bandwagon that Movie-Mom started and that a lot of other great people contributed to. First story ever. Constructive criticisms are greatly appreciated.

1. Chapter 1 by haniccol

2. Chapter 2 by haniccol

3. Chapter 3 by haniccol

4. Chapter 4 by haniccol

5. Chapter 5 by haniccol

6. Epilogue by haniccol

Chapter 1 by haniccol
Author's Notes:
Here we go. Lets hope the ride isn't too bumpy. Please let me know what you think. This the chair will have more of a centralized part in other chapters...
Three days into a nine-day mission and Logan was ready to slaughter every non-mutant in the warehouse they were watching so he could go home, damn the high potential for death. There was no reason at all that he should be assigned to a scouting mission. Everyone knew his skills were better suited to the more eternal badass-based demands of the team. But no, instead of teaching the brats how to not get their respective asses kicked in a fight, he was stuck sitting around and watching, having no one to listen to but Scooter. Stop fidgeting, Logan. Pay attention, Logan. We need to know their every move, Logan. He sneered at his mental rundown. The next time the asshole said his name; Logan was going to show him exactly why he should have insisted on a different partner for this mission.

He rolled slightly to the left to flick a beetle off the black leather sleeve of his uniform before settling back into the depression in the grass his body had made over the past few days. He scanned the warehouse with eyes and ears, coming up with no indicators that anything of interest was happening. He also cocked an ear back toward the blackbird hidden about 800 yards behind him. The woods were so quiet; he could just make out a slight shuffling sound. Sounded like Scott was moving around again. Good. Was almost time for them to switch observation duty.

Shit. Fuck Jeanie for sticking him out here with Scooter. He knew she was the reason he was stuck on this insect ridden hill over looking a warehouse turned mutant holding facility instead of being at home wrapped around Marie. Jean had gotten it into her pea brain that it was up to her to stop the "disgusting and damaging activities" that she had witnessed in his room last week. She took every opportunity she could to separate the two of them and too bad for him she was on roster duty this week. After "forgetting" to knock that day she turned on her heel and headed straight to Xavier's office to squeal like the goody-two-shoes she was.

He and Marie had quickly thrown on some clothes and stormed the office together to find him rolling his eyes at Jeanie and yelling at her for butting into a relationship that was between two consenting adults. Needless to say, both of them were a little bit shocked by his reaction but he just winked and sent them on their way. Jean, on the other hand, seemed to have sprouted roots and an inability to close her mouth due to the shock. Logan had briefly entertained the idea of throwing something in it before catching Marie's glare. She shook her head (knew him too well didn't she?) and dragged his ass out of there and back to his room. Either way, Logan had made an enemy of a friend in the space of a minute.

Logan snorted. Like he cared what Jean thought about him. She was probably way more pissed off over being wrong about Xavier's response to her little news than over his relationship with Rogue. Like it was anyone's business what they did in the privacy of his room. Well, make that in his room and in his chair.

God just the thought of his chair was enough to derail his brain from any thing else. Even when she wasn't in it, it still smelled like her. Well, like them actually. But it was better when she was in it. Yeah, he was getting hard just thinking of his beautiful girl draped over the back. Brown and white hair all mussed by his hands and pretty back presented so he could take a bite out of the bottom curve of her shoulder blade. So fucking sexy. Given the change he would strip her bare, step back and study her. Drink in the sight and smell and just wait for the blush to start in her questioning face. Then he would come closer, hands reaching out to tou-

"What the hell, Logan? Are you paying any attention at all?" The demand startled Logan from his fantasy though it didn't get rid of the itchiness of want in his palms. Scott stealthily belly crawled the last few feel to his side. "I thought you had super hearing. Couldn't even hear me talking to you for a full minute. Shows how helpful it's been to have you actually take a watch if you can't...".

Logan threw a scowl Scotts way, making him trail off and shift slightly in nervousness. He was way more annoyed at having his fantasy interrupted than the other man was at being ignored.

"Have fun babysitting. I'm going back to the jet." He growled as he started to turn and inch away. "Nothing new to report" he snapped in response to the slight sound of Scott opening his mouth. He didn't think he could even stand hearing the other man's voice. All he wanted to hear at the moment was Marie's gasping his name accompanied by the sound of the squeaking leather of his chair as he pounded into her.

About fifty yards from where he left Scott, and out of the sightlines of the warehouse, he finally got to his feet, smirking bitterly at the sound of the squeaking leather of his uniform taunting him. He kicked himself into a slight jog and, ducking and weaving, took a roundabout track through the woods to the jet in a clearing, checking the perimeter on his way. He slowed as he passed the last tree, stepping into the clearing. The cloaking device on the Blackbird being what it was, he never would have seen it had he not known what to look for. The damn thing blended in so well with the clearing. He shook his head slightly in wonder at the limitlessness of Xavier's funds. Man was loaded.

He pushed a hidden spot on a rock about two feet from the jet. Hank had created it as a way for them to open up the ramp to the bird that wouldn't be obvious to anyone trying to break in. You could bang and push on sections of the jet all you wanted and get nowhere near the interior. You would get a nice shock of electricity though. Logan smirked as the ramp lowered, remembering a day when Mystique had learned the hard way not to touch other people's things. Her little friends had had to carry her off after she was zapped trying to sabotage the X-Men's chance at escape.

Logan stalked into the jet and began tugging at the leather of his jacket, wasting no time getting out of the restricting outfit. Leaving the pieces where they would fall, more to irritate Scooter than out of laziness, he quickly checked his phone for messages. One missed call from Marie and one text from her. The text read "Was trying to wait for you to get back to go to sleep, but I was just too tired. Instead, check your email. Love you". And that was it.

Secretly he had kinda hoped that she had left a voicemail because the need to hear her voice was starting to become a physical ache (not that that was something he would ever vocalize). Grabbing Scott's laptop, which the prick was never far from, he settled back onto his bunk to see what entertaining thing Marie had thought to send him. She was always finding some of the stupidest, yet funny things to share. Some Y-tube thing or other. He really didn't get it, but sometimes the videos made him laugh.

He opened his email to find a link to a video. Slightly shaking his head, he clicked it. Maybe she had found another entertaining superhero video. Those always amused him.

The video started out black and slowly the lights came up on familiar surroundings. He sat up straighter What the hell was his room doing on a video on the internet? On the screen was his chair to the right of the screen with his unmade, slightly chaotic looking bed in the background on the left. Then Marie walked into the screen and everything else lost his attention.

God was she a sight. She wasn't even wearing anything overly sexy. Just a white satin robe that fell to mid-thigh and his tags. Silky, bare legs gleaming in the light. Her hair was down and she wasn't wearing make-up. Looked about ready to fall into bed if the slightly lidded eyes were anything to go by. This was the Marie only he got to see. Not the tough Rogue that everyone else knew and loved (well, some loved, others ran from in fear). He wanted to reach into the computer and pull her through to him.

She slowly sank into the chair.

"Hey baby. I'm sorry I couldn't call you today before your watch. Jean has some conspiracy going on here that makes it so I am magically crazy busy whenever you aren't on duty. Imagine that, huh?" She rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, I wanted to just tell you that I miss having you here for so many reasons. I miss making fun of Bobby with you. I miss watching the people in your defense class run the other way when they see you coming". He chuckled. Sometimes she would joke that they had left skid marks on the floor from such quick acceleration.

"I miss cuddling with you in that bed" she gestured over her shoulder. "I miss hearing you're slight growl when the alarm goes off in the morning. I miss having someone here who sees me as more than 'Rogue the freak amongst freaks who has the deadly skin". She used her fingers to quote the sentence. Some of the snottiest quotes he had ever seen come to think of it. "Seems they all forget that I can't kill them on accident anymore. Though maybe some of them are concerned that I might do it on purpose..." she chuckled.

"I know you're doing something important, but I just wanted to let you know that not a moment goes by that I don't want to share with you. I wish you were coming home tonight. Just thinking that this is day three is freaking me out because I know you're not gonna be back for awhile yet." He was riveted to the screen, eating up every little thing about the scene. Trying to imagine that it was all happening right in front of him instead in another state and in another time.

"But I should let you get some rest". He almost caught himself saying no to the screen. Good thing no one was around cause that made him feel stupid as hell. "Maybe you should check your email tomorrow. Never know what's gonna come your way." She rose from the chair and walked to the camera, bending at the waist and giving him a great view down her robe. Soon, she was so close that her whole face was taking up the screen, green eyes overwhelming everything.

"Be safe lover" she sighed. Then it went black.

Logan sat in silence, almost trying to will her back to the camera. That video contained some of the girliest sentences he had ever heard uttered by Marie. Something he was going to have to tease her mercilessly about when he got back. After he thoroughly showed her how much he appreciated her for thinking to send it to him. He relaxed into his pillow and hit play again. Wouldn't do to let all of her hard work go to waste with just one viewing, would it?



End Notes:
We made it?!
Chapter 2 by haniccol
Author's Notes:
Couldn't sleep, so this happened...Italics=text in an email. Thanks to Moviemom and Anami for the encouragement in the reviews. I will send you both cookies for christmas (see if I don't). Especially Anami because I just accidently deleted your review! I was trying to fix a spelling error in my response and I killed it! I feel awful.
Logan savagely propelled himself off the bed with a growl and smashed his hand down on the one remaining unbroken alarm clock left in the Blackbird. Well, make that unbroken until now. He winced slightly. Everyone was always yelling at him to be more careful around fragile things. Well it wasn't his fault his hand weighed a ton with all the metal in it. Maybe Wheels could bill the government for producing faulty weapons? Trying to imagine an official receiving that invoice made him snort. He would have to have a camera placed in the room to see the look of complete shock crawl across their faces when they learned that, not only was their number one weapon, thought destroyed, still functional, but he was also willing to laugh at their expense. Oh yeah, that show would be entertaining as shit.

He sat down on the bed and began rubbing a hand over his face, squinting at the bright light of high noon that he had been forced to wake to. Pausing with his eyes half covered he lurched to his feet in search of the computer. He had ten minutes until he had to relieve Scooter. Maybe Marie had gotten up to something else last night? He sure hoped so because he was gonna need something to get him through the next nine hours of boredom.

Finding it slightly under one of the bucket seats where he had pushed it the night before, after watching the video too many times to keep his reputation intact if someone was counting, he plopped down on the floor and pulled up his email. Hell yes! Silently celebrating, he opened the single unread message in his mailbox, expecting to see a linked video. His face drooping in disappointment, he instead read his two-sentence note.

Logan,
Way to be an impatient bastard. What were you really expecting this quickly?
Marie

He was about to turn off the computer when the flag on his mailbox went up. What were the chances that he would be online when someone emailed him? Slim to none actually, and come to think of it, Slim was stuck on a beetle-infested hill at the moment so none was definitely the only option. He opened it.

Fine. Fine. Fine. Go to the back of the jet. In the interior pocket of my spare uniform is a present for you. Don't say I never gave you anything ;-)
By the way, I arranged it so this email would be sent 30 seconds after the other was opened. I knew the unexplained perfect timing would bug you all day. Why not send this in the first email, you ask? Figured I should harass you because everyone else is way too afraid to do it.
All My Love,
Marie

He quickly shut the computer, pulled on his leathers (which Scott the pansy had folded like a good little maid) and hightailed it to the back of the Blackbird. So he would be a little late to take over their post. What was Scooter gonna do? Fire him? Take away his allowance? Call his mother?

Finding her uniform was easy. Breathing after he pulled his "present" out of the pocket, not so much. It was a picture. He had no idea how she had gotten it taken, but if anyone had seen her like that, they wouldn't be surviving past the day of his return to the mansion.

She was curled up in his chair with a long, black body pillow under her head and clutched between her arms and knees, the color perfectly setting off the alabaster of her skin. She was also sound asleep and gloriously naked. He could tell she wasn't faking because when she faked, the corners of her eyes crinkled up and her face didn't look as innocent as it did right then. One of the sheets from the bed was pulled over her right calf and part of her thigh, the leg left hanging off the front of the chair, but the sheet failed to cover anything else of interest. He traced a finger over her pert butt, slightly visible because she was partially lying on the pillow and wished he could actually feel the warm smoothness of her through the paper. Streaks of moonlight coming through the blinds highlighted the pale parts of her hair, flung over the chair's arm and dangling towards the floor, along with the peek-a-boo nipple that he could just see over the top of the pillow.

All in all, the sight of her almost sent him into cardiac arrest because it was a perfect capture of the facets of Marie that drew him to her. Innocence in the face, combined with sultriness from her unhidden curves and careless beauty, both inner and outer, in the fall of her hair. Add in her total disregard for normalcy, sleeping in the chair, and the strength of her displayed lean muscle, and you had one delectable picture that could never be recreated.

He turned it over. "Thought you might want something to perk up your day."

Well, perked up was one way to put it, he thought. With a slight adjust to his suddenly tight, unforgiving pants, he opened the door to the cockpit and strolled out to the clearing. While tucking the picture into the pocket of his jacket over his heart and tapping the stone to close the door, he came to the surprising conclusion that the idea of spending the next nine hours immobile on a hill wasn't so daunting. He had his baby with him. Also, he was mentally placing good money on there being another email for his enjoyment in his inbox later that night, a thought that was sure to get him through the day.


End Notes:
So, maybe not what was expected but I think it still worked...
Chapter 3 by haniccol
Author's Notes:
Scott hates me. He really did not want to be written and it took me longer to write his part of this than the rest of the chapter put together. Oh well. Thanks to my reviewers!

A chapter a day keeps the doctor away! (or so I keep telling myself, because this stupid bunny won't leave me alone until it's written)
Scott walked into the Blackbird and was immediately confronted with an enigma. How had his laptop gotten from the special compartment, the one he had had built into the dashboard to store electronics, to the floor? He pondered the thought for a moment; finally settling on the idea that Logan was probably trying to piss him off again. The whole time they had been stuck here things kept assaulting him to further his belief that Logan's actual mission was making his life as close to Hell as possible. Whether it be messing up the entire jet or not cooperating with the mission game plan, Logan was definitely being obstinate. Scott had popped back once during the last shift, to grab a sandwich and use the facilities (yes even fearless leaders needed them sometimes), to find Logan sprawled all over the bunk instead of in the videoconference with Charles that was supposed to be taking place. Also, pretty much everything that wasn't nailed down was in total disarray. He sighed. The sooner they got back home, the better. He couldn't stand the Neanderthal's lack of manners for much longer.

He picked up the computer, opened it and slid into the co-pilot's seat to draft his daily report to Kitty. She was currently in charge of organizing all the information that they were gathering on the operations of the facility and she wasn't exactly a lenient taskmaster in regards to late reports. Actually, she was pretty good at the job and may have to be permanently assigned to it... He filed away that thought and looked at the screen.

Huh. Wasn't that interesting? He didn't have yahoo mail, meaning that Logan must. He never would have suspected the feral could operate a computer, let alone sign up for an account. Guess you learned something new everyday. The problem was, this little tidbit of information was causing curiosity to run rampant in his brain. Who could Logan possibly be communicating with electronically? Why would anyone want to communicate with him outside of trying to convince him they were indeed worthy to still walk the earth? Well, either way, Logan did not have permission to be using his computer. He hadn't even asked. What would become of the world if simple courtesies like that were thrown out the window every day? He shook is head in awed disbelief.

Scott finished his report, sent it to Kitty and shut down the computer before putting it back into its proper compartment. As his mother had often said to him during his childhood years "A place for everything and everything in its place". It was a motto he had taken to heart and it had stood him in good stead over the years. He made sure to lock the compartment and connect it to the Blackbird's security system in a quiet dare to Logan to try to use the computer again without asking. He went to the back, grabbed a quick shower, checked his phone for messages and crawled into bed. Another day down and only five to go before he was back home with intelligent conversationalists. With that pleasant thought roaming his head, Scott fell into a deep sleep overrun with happy dreams.




Logan decided he was way more comfortable today on the stupid hill than he had been in days. In fact, he was so content and comfortable that he couldn't even come up with nastier language than the word stupid. Throughout the day and onto dusk, he would occasionally pull out the picture of Marie and remember that she was waiting for him back at home. That was probably one of the best things in their semi-new relationship. Knowing that someone actually cared if he came back was an amazing feeling that sometimes made his chest tight and, surprisingly, didn't make him feel trapped at all. Thought he was more used to his ways as a nomad, there was something to be said in the routine that came with having a permanent residence. Also, it wasn't like he couldn't still pick up and go when the itch to move got too much to handle. Just meant that there would be two travelers instead of one and life on the road would be a lot less lonely.

Maybe he and Marie should go for a little roam when he got back and this whole situation with the warehouse was straightened out. It would give them some needed alone time, both for adult pursuits and for getting used to this wonderful thing happening to them, without snooping know-it-alls trying to impose pointless rules of morality on their lives. They were both still adjusting to the change in relationship and, though they weren't expressly hiding it, they weren't shouting it from the rooftops either. Xavier had made it clear to Jean that it was up to them when and if they decided to let everyone else know their business. He nodded to himself. A short time away was definitely in order.

Right around the time Scott was supposed to come relieve him he tucked the picture back into his jacket and looked toward the truck that had just pulled up outside the warehouse. Seeing a familiar shape being dragged out of the back, hands tied in front of him caused Logan's lip to rise in a half sneer. So, the fleabag Sabertooth was dumb enough to get himself caught by these losers. Almost served the bastard right for the unforgivable acts he had been involved in over the years. But that was only almost. No one really deserved being captured by these shady assholes. At least, right now, this place was only being used as a holding facility. The X-Men would move to extract all the mutants, including their enemy, before any of them got lost in the system of labs they knew were being supplied by this jail.

Logan saw Sabertooth's nostrils flare, most likely catching his scent because he looked right at Logan's hiding spot. Logan checked the positions of the guards, stood quickly and gave a half mocking, hopefully reassuring, salute to the other feral before dropping back out of sight. The upside was, with Sabertooth being one of the prisoners, the X-Men’s job would be that much easier. If they released him first, he would tear through his captors and do half the work for them.

Sabertooth raised his lips and gave a half growl as he was being pushed into the building. Logan was confident that he knew the X-Men wouldn't leave him to rot. Too bad they couldn't have let him sweat it out a little bit more first though. Luckily, the rational part of Logan's mind had butted in to point out that it wouldn't help any to have the warehouse's guards stirred into alertness by Sabertooth's nature-driven efforts of escape.

Scott appeared at Logan's side about five minutes later. Logan gave him a quick rundown of the incident, which Scott told him he was to report, by phone, to Kitty as soon as he got back to the Blackbird.

"Yes mom," Logan muttered as he began to crawl away, jumping into a sprint when he was far enough away to not be detected. He couldn't wait to get to that computer and see his sexy baby.




Once he got back, it was only a matter of 5 minutes to get the Kitten up to speed before he was able to hang up civilly. Okay, maybe he had kinda hung up on her mid question. She was the dumb one asking the same fucking things over and over. If she wanted the answers, she could play back his responses because they were always recorded anyway. Now where had Scott put his precious laptop?

He looked in the obvious places to leave a computer, on the chairs, on the bathroom counter (he wasn't telling, so don't even ask) and on the dash area, to come up empty handed. Then, he noticed the closed compartment door next to the pilot's chair that had been open since they had landed. Really? The anal retentive prick had put it back in that stupid compartment that no one else even used. Logan snorted at the thought of Scott's form of crazy. Well, at least he had found the location of the computer. He pushed the button that should have opened the door. It didn't.

He glared at it and pushed it again a little harder. Still nothing. Fucking Scott! He punched the button and was rewarded for his efforts with a little shock from the security system. Logan jerked his hand away and, sucking on his fingers, contemplated the situation he was in. As far as he could see, he had two options, one of which was going back to the hill and asking Scott's permission to use the computer. Scott would give him the password to get the Blackbird to release its treasure and probably wouldn't harass him too much for it. It would be worth it in order to see what Marie had come up with for him that day. But, to date, Logan had never asked Scooter for anything. Well, today was not going to break his streak. And there was another option. I mean, really, what was a little electrocution when compared to seeing Marie?

His claws shot out and, bracing himself, he plunged them into the locking mechanism.




Logan groaned and cracked open his eyes, struggling for a minute to convince his head to roll sideways so he could see the clock on the dashboard. It was 11 pm meaning he was only out two hours. Not too bad. Last time he had gone up against the Blackbird, he had lost about six. Must be the internal system wasn't as powerful as the exterior.

He remained lying on the floor until the room stopped spinning before pushing himself into a sitting position. He half crawled to the compartment, ripped the door off (take that Scooter) and grabbed the computer. He flung up the screen and drummed his fingers on the keys waiting for it to boot up.

Finally, he got his email open and found the message he had been waiting for all day. He clicked on the link and relaxed into a more comfortable position with the co-pilot's chair as a backrest.

The lights came up on Marie already sitting in the chair, wearing the same robe as the night before. Her face looked freshly scrubbed and her legs were crossed demurely. She was brushing her hair. He sighed and felt a slight smile pulling at his lips. She always did what she could to make his day and sometimes he thought she knew him too well. He loved to see her running her hands and brush through that glorious hair, letting the waves dance in the light while the fragile column of her throat, his second favorite place on her body, played a game of hide-and-seek with his eyes.

She made eye contact with the camera and, putting the brush on the floor, smiled brilliantly at him.

"Hey Logan. I hope you found the picture I left for you. If you ask me really nicely" her lips acquired more of a smirk than a smile at that "maybe I'll tell you who took it". She leaned back into the chair more and uncrossed her legs. At the moment, he couldn't really be pressed to care who had taken the picture. Unless it had been that Cajun dickhead that always seemed to be too way close to Marie. Okay, maybe he did still care. Her starting to speak again jerked his attention away from plotting a murder and back to the video.

"I wanted to tell you I remembered other things that I've been missing since you left. Waking up with your head buried in my hair is honestly one of the best things in my life and I am definitely missing it". It was one of his favorite things too come to think of it. "It's also nice to be woken up with your head other places". She actually looked down and blushed slightly at that. He grinned. Oh yeah, waking her up that way was good too.

"In all honesty, I haven't been sleeping too great over the past few days. I think I'm used to a little more activity before bed like I get when you're here". He could swear she was staring dead into his eyes with that comment. "Of course, I've also gotten rather used to being maneuvered into whatever position you want me to sleep in so you can curl up around me. I miss having you that close," she sighed

"Me too, darlin'," he whispered.

She looked slightly melancholy for a minute and then seemed to force herself to brighten up. "Anyway, I wanted to tell you I got you another present". He sucked in his breath, not sure he could survive another of her presents, in the same day at that. His eyes flew to her fingers as she moved them out of her lap to the knot holding the robe closed.

"I had wanted to wait until you got home so I could see your reaction to it, but I decided I just couldn't. I feel too sexy in it to just let it sit in a box that long". She pulled open the robe and shrugged it off her shoulders. "What do you think baby?"

He sat stunned for a minute. She was wearing a black, satiny nightdress that barely covered her crotch it was so short. It was also see-through enough to proudly display her pebbled nipples, which were just begging to be enclosed by his mouth, and to show she wasn't wearing anything at all under it. There were little ruffles along the top that forced his attention to stay fixated on her breasts and on his tags smashed between them. At that moment, he wanted nothing more than to follow that chain into her cleavage. He wanted to peel the dress off her and make her scream loud enough for everyone to hear that she was his. No one had the right to look that sexy and ripe for the picking, especially when the harvester was a few states away.

Her voice dropped into a husky almost whisper. "I think you like it. I think there are all kinds of dirty thoughts running amok in your head right now. I think you're mentally cussing out Scott and Jean and the fuckers that are capturing mutants, forcing you to be away from me. Honestly, I am too. I think your mouth is watering right now. And I think that's my cue to go to bed. And I'm going to be wearing this and letting the satin slide over me while I wish it was your hands caressing me". She raised her hand to her mouth, kissed her palm, and blew the kiss his way. He could have sworn it actually made physical contact with his body because he definitely felt it.

"Sweet dreams, Logan". And the screen went black.




End Notes:
I hope this didn't seem too choppy. I felt the breaks were needed to show the time passage, but please let me know if it didn't work!
Chapter 4 by haniccol
Author's Notes:
Everyone saw that little rating on this story, right? Good.

Thanks for all the reviews and for reading. You guys have no idea how happy it makes me every time the hit count goes up. Anyway, Scott has forced his way into this fic way more than I had ever expected him to, but I think I kind of like him there.
"What the fuck Logan!" Scott hissed on the hill the next day after dragging Logan to his feet and out of eyeshot of the guards. Logan had only taken over the observation duties ten minutes prior to Scott's dramatic return meaning the prick must have sprinted back to the hill after seeing the condition of the cockpit.

"I needed to use the computer Scott," Logan grumbled, pretty pissed off to find that he was explaining himself. Added to that was his anger at being interrupted when he was just shifting his brain into a fantasy starring that sexy slip he had been introduced to the night before. If you asked him, it was the prettiest wrapping paper in the world, but it couldn't hold a candle to the actual present it contained. "You're the one that locked it up. What did you expect me to do?"

"I expected you to not act like a swat team on a drug bust! I expected you to have the sense to come ask permission to use my things before being allowed access to them". Scott was turning redder by the second. Logan was pretty sure, if he didn't take a breath soon, his head was gonna pop off like a Barbie doll's when it's in the hands of a psychotic older brother in need of some Ritalin. "But no. Not Logan. You can't ask for anything can you? Instead you had to slice the hell out of a piece of machinery that costs more than your life is worth! Do you know what the cost of repairs are going to be? Why don't you go get your own fucking computer if you need one so badly?" Scott sucked in some air and started to open his mouth for another tirade, but Logan jumped in before he could utter a syllable.

"Because I needed it at that time you asshole. What did you want me to do? Hop, skip and jump my merry self to the nearest Best Buy, which happens to be about 50 miles from here, and buy a computer while you stand watch? At fucking midnight?! Yours was right there and you weren't using it". He scowled and pointed his finger at Scott, growling, "I needed it, Scooter. Do you really have a problem with that?" He took a step closer. "Do you?" He cocked his head slightly to the side in a move that had made lesser men drop to their knees in a pool of their own urine and beg for their mother's apron to hide behind. Scott was intimidated, he could tell, but stood his ground. Mentally, Logan gave him some points for spine. Not many, but a few.

"What did you need it for so badly anyway?" Logan raised his eyebrow and Scott dropped that line of questioning. His voice warbling a little, he said, "You're paying for the damages".

"No one utilized that useless compartment except for you Scooter. Let it fucking go. Now, do you want me to go back to the job that we're here to do, or do you want to stand here and whine and cry about your precious piece of shit cupboard some more?" He turned and stomped to the edge before flopping down. Scott didn't follow him showing his fleeting intelligence. He'd been officially outmanned.

For a full minute he could feel Scott's eyes, without his mutant abilities, attempting to shoot lasers though his back before the man took a deep breath and began trudging back to the clearing, muttering obscenities the whole way. Logan paid special attention to what was being said, knowing full well that Marie would split a side when she heard that the "Fearless Leader" was actually capable of swearing, if given the proper motivation.

He sighed. He really did miss her laugh. Hearing that sound was like pressing close to a fire after being out in the snow for a few hours. It always comforted and warmed him. 'Course, she could do a pretty good job of warming him without laughing. That thought kicked him back into fantasy mode, which he focused half his brain on while the other half was busy doing his job.



Logan was so over this mission. Over dealing with Scott. Over the monotony. Every fucking day, go to the hill, watch people enter the building then come back out again, memorize what this guard ate for lunch, what color that guard's socks were. Scott and Kitty were that crazy anal about wanting to know every detail. Well Logan was sick of it. No more scouting missions for him. He was putting his foot down right now. The daily installments in the Marie saga were the only things keeping him going. He could have ripped open the warehouse and been half way to Canada with her on the back of his bike by this point if his fucking sense of honor hadn't gotten in the way, forcing him to follow Xavier's lead. The man had done too much for him and Marie to be brushed aside that easily.

The words "over halfway done" were chasing each other around in his head like a couple of rabid squirrels as he stomped back to the jet, having spoken exactly three words (nothing to report) to Scott when he showed up to take over. Even the thought of seeing what Marie had for him today was having issues washing away the black mood that had descended as the day wore on. He stood in the clearing leaning against a tree and smoking a cigar while he tried to center himself.

He was calm. Inhale. He was collected. Exhale.

He was a fucking liar and it was a good thing God had forsaken him years ago or he would have probably been struck down then and there. He smashed out the stub of his cigar and pocketed it. Can't leave traces of our presence now. Shit, he was so crazy that even his inner nagging voice sounded like Scooter.

He went for a quick run through the woods and had worked up a nice sweat before most of the anger had seeped out of his body. He returned to the jet with a lighter spirit and feeling like he could check his email. Some part of him knew that Marie couldn't actually see or hear him through her videos but, either way, Logan didn't like coming to her when he was so pissed. The thought of dragging her into his negative feelings when they had nothing to do with her was just not appealing.

So, email time. He opened the computer to be met with a screen he had never seen before. The X-Men symbol was stretched from corner to corner and in the center was a box that said "User ID" and "Password" with two blank boxes.

That motherfucker had locked him out again! The anger was trying to wash him back under but he was determined to ride the wave. He pushed away the strong urge to smash the fucking thing and be done with it. It was his only link to Marie. His second thought had him cheering up immensely. This development had presented a chance for him to beat Scott yet again, and at his own game at that! He was smarter than One-Eye thought. He could figure this out. He gritted his teeth and got down to it.

Now, the User ID was easy. It had to be Cyclops because this was Scott's "Leader" computer as opposed to his normal one for daily use. He snorted. How nuts did one man have to be before being committed? Scott had to be straddling that line.

Great, password time. He started wracking his brain, trying to get it to twist enough so he could think like Scott... Nope, no use. There was no way he could get his head that far up Jean's ass.

Okay, new plan; outsmart Scott. What was something that Scott would think so personal that no one else would know it? He tried a few different things. Scarlet (ironically, Jean's middle name) didn't work and neither did any major dates associated to their relationship. He scratched his muttonchops. There was an idea flirting with some synapses' in his head if he could only latch onto it. What could it...? Oh! Quickly he typed in "likeavirgin" and hit enter. Bingo! He totally kicked ass. He allowed himself to picture Marie doing one of her 'happy dances' (her words) in celebration. They were just not nearly manly enough for him to participate in, but he sure appreciated it when she did.

Scott never had found out that the video of him drunkenly singing Madonna's song had made its rounds to all the X-Men. Logan almost felt sorry for the guy. Some of his frat brothers in college had gotten him drunk and forced he to climb up on a bar, wearing full on female hooker gear, and belt it as a form of "initiation". Jean had had the video on her computer and the video had just somehow magically (assisted by a girl who walked through walls) gotten emailed to the rest of the team. Oops.

Logan rubbed his hands together in triumph. Wolverine 2, Cyclops 0. Logging into his email, he quirked an eyebrow at Marie's message before following the link.

How's your imagination, sugar?

The lights came up on the familiar scenery of his chair, but the camera had shifted slightly so it was now the central focus. There was a splash of white, Marie's robe, peeking out from under the black gauzy nightgown she had been wearing the night before. Did that mean she was naked somewhere? He began looking at other places on the screen to have his eyes catch on a slight movement just visible from behind the chair. Marie's feet were moving on the bed, all of which, except for that little bit, was covered by the chair's back.

Suddenly the sound cut in. His ears picked up a faint buzzing causing his eyes to widen. She wouldn't do that, would she? His Marie was too innocent for this. The volume increased and began including little gasps and hitches of breath. Logan was in shock and awe at her daring. He could hear everything little noise and he could picture what she looked like based on her exclamations, but he couldn't actually see anything! This was probably her worst devised torture yet. He'd always loved the sounds she made in bed and had never hidden that fact from her. Short, quick inhales, like that one, which told him she was getting really into what he was doing. Moans ripping out of her chest when he found her nipples with his fingers. That bursting exhale meant she had just found her clit with her fingers. His brain was having no trouble keeping up with the slideshow of what he was sure was happening. The buzzing of her toy kicked up a notch and so did Marie's murmurings. He began picking up words among her gasps.

"Oh God Logan."

"Baby more, please."

"Love your hands. Give me your mouth."

He could barely see straight, she had him so turned on. He unbuttoned his pants to get a little relief and his hand went to his cock of it's own accord. It hadn't really been in his plan to jerk off to thoughts of his girl tonight, but she was making it impossible to not.

He was already half gone from just the few minutes he had been listening to her. A long drawn out groan about an octave too low to have normally come from Marie shot an arrow of heat down his spine and into his dick, dragging him a little closer to the edge. He could see her feet scrambling for purchase on the slippery sheet and found he was encouraging her.

"Yeah, Marie. Do it baby. Build it up". He began stroking himself faster, trying to line up his hand with the sounds that her body was making.

"Logan, Logan, oh god, Logan." Yeah, she was almost there, he could hear it. So was he. He squeezed a little, trying to hold off until she went over first. It was always best for him when she went first.

"Logan" half screamed, half growled. This was it. Any second...

The sound cut out and he was left with no stimulation but the sight of the ugly brown leather of his chair. His hand jerked a little out of rhythm from disbelief. No, no, no. She had taken it away. About two seconds from her completion, and his, and the little tease had denied him her final moments.

He started the video over about halfway through and used her calling his name as the soundtrack to his climax. Afterwards, floating in bliss, he found he wasn't nearly as satisfied as he would have been had he been able to hear her orgasm, but he was far from disappointed. He grabbed some tissue and cleaned himself off before getting up to head to the bunk in the back, computer in tow. When he got home, Marie was going to get a little lesson about what happened when you teased wild animals. He was sure she would be the most excellent students.
End Notes:
Marie is not very nice, is she?
Chapter 5 by haniccol
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the slight delay. The flu attacked and I fell victim. Thanks to the reviewers! You guys motivate the hell out of me. Happy reading!
Frankly Scott was beginning to worry. During his shift today the guards at the warehouse had seemed more alert; a state he was convinced was linked to the arrival of what seemed to be the man in charge. Were they going to move soon? If so, when and to where? Too many questions remained unanswered for Scott to be comfortable enough to return to the mansion ahead of schedule, but he had pressed the importance of paying extra attention to Logan before giving up his post.

Actually, Logan's appearance today wasn't helping to stem his worry either. Scott was starting to be concerned that there was something seriously wrong with the man because he just wasn't acting at all normal. He hadn't yelled, glared, growled or done any of the other Logan type things that he always did when he was around Scott. He should have still been furious about Scott denying his access to the Internet. Instead, the man had actually almost smiled. Well, not quite smiled, more like not frowned. The corners of his mouth were definitely slightly upturned and, if questioned by anyone, Scott would have had to say he appeared almost chipper. He shuddered as he drew closer to the jet. Logan chipper was just not something that the world was equipped to deal with and he could come up with no reason for the mood change. Honestly, he probably didn't even want to know.

He opened the door and entered the jet, looking around in a state of awe. Not only was everything put away in its proper place but even the bed was neatly made (almost sending him to the hospital from the whiplash of his double take). The place looked like one of the maids, the ones Xavier hired to keep up with the teenagers at the school, had come out for a nightly visit. He was really weirded out. Had Logan gotten a hold of some special mushrooms or something? Though they would have had to be magic cleaning mushrooms. Like, oh, Mary Poppins mushrooms! Ones that would make the feral sing and dance while flying around using his magic infused belt buckle. All the little children would love him for his songs and all the adults would love him because his dogtags would start sprouting limitless beer for everyone to drink. Scott was laughing so hard at this point that he could barely breath and was seriously having to wonder if he had extra underwear (of course he does, he's Scott) because he was pretty close to wetting himself. He sucked in a breath. Okay, clearly this situation was getting to him. He sat down and tried to calmly wrote a report to Kitty, finally managing by the end to stop snickering. He then put away the laptop and, for fear of booby traps in the pristine bed, curled up on the floor to sleep.




Somewhere in the back of his brain, Logan was aware that obsession just wasn't healthy but he couldn't bring himself to care less about that fact. He had stayed up the whole time he was off duty watching the Marie videos over and over again, noticing that each one was progressively raunchier than the last had been. He was looking forward to the next installment more than he was to anything else in the world. More than the cold six-pack at home in the fridge (per Scott: no beer on missions). More than his next cage fight. Even more than finally getting old 67 Ninja he had been working on for months up and running. He was almost dancing in his excitement. Not that he would have told anyone that. Come to think of it, Marie aroused all types of urges and ideas in his head that he would never want anyone but her to know about.

He was pretty exhausted and ready to just fall asleep on the hill, but decided that that would be admitting weakness to Scott, which he tried to never do. Also, Scooter had seemed pretty convinced that something big was going down soon, which he didn't want to miss. For once, the thought of Scott made him smile. The Boy Scout was probably mid coronary right now anyway, trying to figure out why the jet appeared practically untouched when Logan had never left it that way in the past. He knew more than one way to get even and Scott's worry/freaking out was always an acceptable substitute to yelling.

He settled into the depression on the hill and let his mind wander back to Marie. No time like the present to plan his way of "paying" her for her time spent working on those movies. Last time he had heard, actresses got paid bundles to do movies like this. Wouldn't want anyone to accuse him of being cheap, would he?




Logan smirked as he walked away from the hill. Scott had looked a little bedraggled today when he had shown up, knocking him down a couple of spots on Logan's "to punish" list (though he never seemed to get completely off of it). He wondered if the man had slept at all. Then he wondered if he really cared. No, not so much. Oh well, the lack of sleep served him right for being such a prick. Logan was also blaming him making a big deal out of nothing. Not only had nothing big happened, but nothing at all had gone down. No guards had deviated from their posts for even a minute that day, which just backed up their opinion that there was a higher up there checking on the productivity of the place. Logan had left Scott scratching his head in slight concern/confusion over the lack of clues, not that he would let the wonder get to him. That's what Scott got paid the big leader bucks for. He had other wonderful things to contemplate. Marie for instance. He grinned and opened the cockpit. No time like the present to cure his curiosity.

The familiar process of logging in and waiting for the link to load amped up Logan's anticipation levels, so his gut was burning and his brain was threatening to haywire. He settled back on the bunk, getting comfortable for the show.

The picture of his chair came up, per usual, but instead of the background of his bedroom, he was looking at a clearing in the woods behind the institute. The trees cast shadows amongst the sunlight pouring down on the brown leather of the chair and he could hear branches swaying in the slight breeze. He sucked in his breath. Oh God, his encounters with Marie were always way louder and wilder when they were outdoors. There was something about the smell of the leaves under his feet and the feeling of the wind blowing across his back that brought the Wolverine in him out to play. Marie never seemed to mind it either because there was wildness in her to match his. Sometimes he thought that was part of what made them fit together so well. They were more alike than anyone else could see. He heard the faint crackling of leaves as footsteps neared the scene. His breath caught in his throat, only to whoosh out when she came onto the screen.

Her hair was down and curling slightly, almost long enough now to brush her butt as she sashayed her way to the chair, black nightdress swaying with her body's movements. She turned to face him and he saw she had used a little bit of makeup to accent her eyes, making them almost overwhelming in her beautiful face. The sunlight turned the dress transparent and it did nothing to hide her nipples, tightened, he assumed, from the slight chill of the air. She sank gracefully into the chair.

"Hey baby. It's a little bit cold out here." She mock shivered, causing her breasts to do a mouthwatering dance. "Too bad you're not here to keep me warm. I guess I'll have to take care of that myself today. Though, before we get started, I want you to pause this video and go outside. I know you guys are in the woods and I want that connection with you because I can't have the one I want. I'll wait".

He groaned before pausing the video and making sure the whole thing had loaded. How horrible would it be to be behind the jet, out of the reach of the wireless, and have the video stop? He grabbed the computer, took off his shoes (he liked to feel the grass and leaves under his feet) and went outside, shutting the door after him. If he hadn't, with his luck, some bird would build a nest in his bunk while he was busy.

He walked about 20 feet behind the jet and found a suitable tree to sit at the bottom of, using the trunk as his backrest. The smell of the leaves paired with the paused picture of Marie in the forest stirred him up even more. Oh yeah, tonight was gonna be a good night. He hit play.

"All set sugar? I hope so..." She slipped her fingers under the strap of her dress, twisting it this way in that. Logan wondered if she knew she was twisting his intestines as well "Yesterday, after I made that video, I made a pact with myself. I said, that's it Rogue. No more tormenting videos. No more masturbating" she still blushed with the word, though how, Logan hadn't a clue, "until you come home. First off, getting off isn't nearly as satisfying solo as opposed to when you're the source of the pleasure. The feelings just get to be so much more intense and seeing you enjoy it adds to the experience so much that I have no hope of duplicating it on my own. Secondly, masturbating is just not what good girls do." Her face took on a look of innocence to rival that of the angle on top of a Christmas tree. "And, growing up, everyone always said I should always be a good girl. So you see? I should just stop right now." She let go of the strap. Logan felt his eyes widen. Hell no! He had built himself up all day for this. He needed her to perform like a junkie needed his next fix! "But I'm not going to. Because, lord knows, I passed good girl a long time ago." With that and a daring look in her eye, she pulled the straps down her shoulders and let the top of the dress fall to her waist.

Logan felt his chest constrict. He still couldn't believe that someone as beautiful as her would be with him. Her breasts were perfect, each just slightly more than a handful with rosy nipples that always begged for his attention. The first time he had seen her naked had transformed him from an ass man into a breast man for sure. Not that his Marie was lacking in either department, but you had to pay proper due to natures' wonders.

"They miss you Logan. I can't remember how many times you've fallen asleep, sprawled over me, head nestled between them while your breath brushes the tip. Do you miss them too?" She brought her hands up and began kneading the nipples, tipping her head back at the same time. She palmed the weight of her breasts in her hands. Logan found his hands were reaching out as if he could hold them as well. He could the fullness of them filling his hands and hear her moan in response. "I bet you do. God talking to you like this is starting to get to me. Even I can smell the slight muskiness in the air. Your nose would be going crazy right now sugar. Here." She released her breasts and reached up under the edge of her skirt. He saw her hand move slightly and she let out a little gasp, before her hand reappeared. Her fingers were wet. His mouth watered and the taste of her filled his thoughts.

"Wish I could give you this present." She brought her hand to her face, daintily licking her fingers clean. Logan imagined that tongue working along his length and almost came right then and there. "But maybe that was okay too." She smirked. "That felt soooo good", she drawled, taking that hand back under her skirt and leaving it there. "Oh Logan." Why didn't she take that dress off?! He needed to see what that hand was doing, not just its movements under the fabric.

"Marie please", he groaned, taking himself in hand, having no idea when he had unzipped his pants. Her hand made its way back out from under her skirt and brushed over her breasts, leaving a slippery trail that he was dieing to be able to follow with is tongue. This was not fair!

"Here baby, I'll help you out. I know what you want." She stood and did a sexy little shimmy, causing the dress to slip the rest of the way to the ground. He began stroking himself a little quicker as she settled back into the chair. "Now, where were we?" she cooed. "Oh yeah". Her hands skimmed down her body again, both heading towards the juncture of her thighs, only to pass it by and run partially down her legs. "Gonna play with me baby?" Her hands crept back up and she began rubbing herself softly, letting out a gasp as her fingers found her clit, hips lifting slightly.

At that moment, Logan heard something moving towards the clearing where the jet was hidden. He flared his nostrils and caught nothing but the smell of his own arousal, the expected forest smells and Scooters repugnant scent, which knocked some of the arousal out of him. He shrugged it off. Scott probably forgot his lunch, he figured as he turned back to the computer just in time to see Marie lift her legs over the arms of the chair, spreading herself out for his visual appeal. "Oh god", he gasped almost in unison with the video. She was really getting into it. So was he.

"Logan!" Scott screamed, evidently having gone into the jet and found him missing. Logan slammed the laptop shut, wanting the other man to see nothing of this seductress Marie. He quickly tucked himself back in his pants with a grimace and shoved the laptop into the back of his waistband, pulling his jacket over it. He hobbled back towards the jet, hoping that the darkness would hide his hardness from the other man because that was just one more thing that he didn't need Scooter yelling at him for.

"What the fuck are you bellowing about? Trying to wake the dead? Are you sure they didn't hear you all the way back at the warehouse?" He stomped up and got in the other man's face.

"We're heading back", Scott said, in rapid fired sentences. "I heard some of the guards talking when they were outside. Evidently all the 'stock' is being moved tomorrow night. We need to move now and use what info we have to get those people out of there before that happens. I put a tracker on their moving van just in case, but it's going to make things way easier if we get them before they get packed up. Let's head out."

They both motored up the ramp and Logan discretely put the lap top back in its place while Scott was starting his checks for take off. Who needed a video? He was gonna get the real thing tonight!




Xavier could see that Logan was antsy. He had been pulled from bed at 2 am by the unexpected return of the two X-Men. The four of them (Kitty included) were seated in his office, going over all the information and trying to pick a plan of action. Kitty kept asking clarifying questions and Logan was letting Scott answer every one of them without comment. The man was almost rocking side to side in his chair, he seemed so agitated and his lack of input on Scott's rundown of the facts was also cause for concern. It just wasn't in his character profile to let someone else take charge so completely.

He tuned his ears into the conversation between Kitty and Scott while he assigned another part of his brain to reading the surface of Logan's mind, not always an easy task because the man was typically bottled up tight. Not tonight, it seemed. Xavier wasn't even sure if it was Logan that he was hearing because he had never heard Logan's voice sound that gruff and growly before. There was a never-ending chant running through his head Marie, Marie, Mariemariemariemarie. Home. Bed. Naked. Sex. Mariemariemaire. Interspersed with pictures. Xavier sat back. Yes, there were some things he did not need to know about his X-Men. They were like his children for God's sake.

Ear's turning pink as a Hello Kitty backpack, he cleared his throat, cutting Kitty off mid question (seems to happen to the poor girl a lot) "Yes, I do believe that we have gotten everything that we can from a conversation tonight. Now, I can see that both Logan and Scott are tired, so we will reconvene tomorrow morning with the rest of the team and decide on a plan of action". Logan was out of his chair and almost out the door before the sentence was all the way out of his mouth. Kitty and Scott both looked as if they were ready to protest but he shot them a look that had them meekly getting up together and leaving. Sometimes it was nice being in charge, he thought, pulling a bottle of scotch from his desk drawer. Now, time to drink disturbing images from my brain.




Logan couldn't recall a time that he had made it up to his room faster than he did that night. He practically flew. He paused for a minute in front of his door, smelling Marie's sweet scent through the wood. Taking a deep breath, he pushed the door open and walked in. He let it close quietly behind him as he approached the bed, letting his hand brush over his chair as he passed by. So many fond memories revolving around that piece of furniture. The chair, Hell, whole room smelled like her and he couldn't get enough of it. She was curled up on his side of the bed facing away from the door with a slight frown on her face. As he stopped by the side of the bed she seemed to sense a presence in the room because she rolled over and cracked her eyes. "Logan?" she mumbled, sounding more asleep than awake.

"I got interrupted before the end of your video baby. How about an instant replay?" was growled out before he pounced.




Scott just had to finish up this last report before he could get to bed. He grabbed his laptop out of the jet and took it upstairs to his room, hearing Jean's slight snore when he opened the door. He shook his head slightly. No matter how many times he told her she snored, she just never believed him. He sat down at his desk and opened the computer, frowning slightly when he saw the little icon that said "one program running". What? He never left things open... That would be careless. He logged in. His eyes widened so far that you could almost see them behind his visor. "Oh God, Logan" was the only thing heard before the noise of a computer screen being slammed shut.

End Notes:
I sometimes feel bad for the things I do to Scott... But only sometimes.
Epilogue by haniccol
Author's Notes:
Well, here it is. Thanks everyone for taking this bumpy ride with me. This was kinda a "work it out" fic to see what I like and what I don't when I write. There's already another one in the works (well, in my brain anyway). Thanks for reading! Double thanks to the reviewers!
Epilogue: Two Years Later

Scott raised slightly fearful eyes to land on Logan logging into his personal computer. Upon their return to the mansion two years ago, he had petitioned Xavier to get all the adults on the team their own computers so "no one would ever be out of the loop." He mentally snorted. Yeah right. More like he wanted no more mistakes like what happened before when two men shared. He shuddered slightly and moved to the opposite side of the jet with his own laptop. Wouldn't do at all to accidentally see what Logan was looking at.

Yeah, he sometimes still had nightmares over what would happen if Logan found out that he had seen that video of Rogue. Granted, he had only seen about 3 seconds of it and the experience was two years in the past, but one could never be too careful when tangling with a Wolverine. The two of them were on another mission together, the first since that fateful one, the length of this being only two days and one night (thank God). They were here on a simple pick-up. Day one: Pitch Xavier's message to the parents. Give them the night to discuss it with the kid and make up their minds. Day two: hightail it back to Westchester, kid in tow, like Sauron's eye had finally registered their presence in his territory. He nodded slightly. Yup. Nothing would happen because there was nowhere near enough time for incidents.

He hadn't been able to look Rogue in the eye for months after the last one, something he was sure she noticed, and he avoided her at all costs during that time. He hoped he hadn't hurt her feelings because he never wanted to hurt her, but he just didn't know how to deal after having seen that much of her. The students still talked about how clumsy and unScottlike he had been the day he walked into a doorway and broke his visor. Good thing no one ever guessed he was fleeing the approaching Rogue and wasn't watching where he was going. The two of them had eventually settled back into their usual relationship of brother and sister, but to this day, he still couldn't be in the same room if people were talking about her relationship with Logan. Hopefully she assumed it was out of his respect for her privacy because lord knew what she would say if she discovered the real reason.

He pulled up Google on his computer, deciding to do some research for his next lesson plan in order to alleviate the boredom and change the path of his thoughts. This mission was looking to be a cakewalk. Their meeting with the parents that day had gone smoother than peanut butter and he was sure that the Murphy's would call early the next morning to arrange that day's meeting. It was so nice to actually find parents who cared about their mutant child because so few of the students had blood relations to fall back on. He sighed. Some things in the world were just so sad. Sadder even then the state his body would be in if Logan ever did find out he knew exactly what Rogue looked like below the waist.




Well this happened too fucking often for his liking, Logan thought, regarding his again forced seclusion with Scooter. Someone really needed to learn that the two of them just did not play well together. He took a calming breath. Oh well, time to open his email. Since that first mission where he was gone for so long he and Marie had turned her little project into a tradition. Any time either of them was gone on a mission overnight, the part of the pair that was left at home had to make a video or send a picture to ease the space between them. He cringed slightly. Being with her had almost turned him into a sap, though, better to be a sap with her than the biggest badass without her. This way he was a sappy badass, which was much better for everyone involved.

He found the link in his email and opened it finding, to his delight, that she had sent a video. He put his earphones in, for sure not wanting to share any of this side of Marie with Scooter.

The video started and the shot was of the back of his chair and their room beyond it. Marie had long since moved in with him, so there always seemed to be more of her things strewn around the room than any of his ever were. A lot of the things he could see now were pretty lacy and miniscule though, so he couldn't bring himself to care because their presence made it so much easier for him to picture her wearing them. Her voice, saturated with love, began speaking.

"Hey baby. I wanted to make this quick video to tell you that you've been the most important person in my life for the longest time, ever since I first found you in that bar. You know, that day, I decided you were mine? Makes me sound like you a little bit doesn't it? It's true though. I could see how amazing you were and at that moment, I somehow knew your life was going to be tangled up with mine like a ball of yarn not wrapped properly." She paused and took a breath. "Isn't it amazing what experiences in life can turn into binding lines that connect two people together? As I mentioned, you're the most important line in my life baby, except for this one maybe."

With that, the camera panned down the back of the chair, showing the signs of wear that good use had forced into the leather. The camera stopped on the chair, but the image was blurry, not focusing for a second as the picture zoomed in on a white thermometer looking thing in the seat. It focused and Logan saw it was actually a pregnancy test. And, in the little 'Yes' box, there was a pink line clear as day. He sat in stunned silence, mind totally blank, for a minute before Marie's voice broke his trance.

"So I hope you weren't hoping to get rid of me any time soon because that line isn't going away and I'm pretty sure it's the most tied together any two people can ever be. I love you daddy!" She turned the camera towards her face and blew it a kiss before shutting it off.

Logan surged to his feet, not sure what he was doing, but positive that he needed to move. A father? He was gonna be a father?! "Scott," he croaked through a throat suddenly dry, before his brain protested his standing up right and took away his coconsciousness, assisting gravity in flinging his dead weight to the floor.




"Logan? Logan!" Scott exclaimed running over to see what had caused the older man to fall over, expecting some sort of attack. He looked around, finding nothing, before glancing at the computer in slight fear of what could be on the screen. He knew there were such things computer viruses, but this was ridiculous. He covered his face with his hands, making sure his eyes were under the shield, and tried to talk himself into looking at the computer. He forced his fingers slightly apart, like he was watching a horror movie, and squinted at the screen through the spaces. Whimpering, he slammed his fingers back shut but, just like last time, he couldn't unsee the image. At the moment, he would be hard pressed to say, out of the two, which video image he was more disturbed by. Another Logan, albeit smaller, running around causing mayhem and getting into his business? Unfucking believable. Scott whimpered again. Why did these things always happen to him?
End Notes:
Please Please Please let me know if there was anything that seemed off or not quite right in this story. I don't want to make the same mistakes twice!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3818