Intermission by sahara
Summary: A companion piece to "Sensation" - this time from Marie's POV
Categories: X1, X2, X3, AU Characters: None
Genres: Adult, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: Touch
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1075 Read: 2663 Published: 11/07/2010 Updated: 11/07/2010
Story Notes:
Not entirely sure what made me write/post this. Something super discouraged me from doing both for a while, but there's this author who's currently writing "The Girl"...you may have heard of her...well she gave the world the middle finger for me & then threatened to inundate my inbox with Jean & Logan blasphemy if I didn't continue writing/posting. So I'm going to just fling this out there & hope it doesn't suck too much.

1. Chapter 1 by sahara

Chapter 1 by sahara
Marie knew Logan thought he had to be crushing her, but he wasn’t. As always, his weight felt delicious.

She can feel him trying to rearrange himself to give her more room, but his limbs aren’t exactly cooperating. She has to bite back her smile.

She should feel a little guilty; she is a bit responsible for his lack of coordination at the moment. Not only did they just finish another round of the sex-a-thon, but she’s got her body wrapped around his. Or at least she’s trying to. Her man is massive…all of him and again she has to stifle a giggle. He dwarfs her and it’s nearly impossible for her to completely encase him with her arms and legs. It doesn’t stop her from trying though.

She knows that this is rare for him, just being held, especially after something like this. Her case of the giggles disappears with the knowledge that he trusts her with this, with his body, with this stillness, this tenderness.

He finally settles, putting weight on his forearms, which brace either side of her head. He’s still absently stroking her hair and she waits for his fingers to get stuck in a tangle. Her hair must be a mess after what they’ve just done. He doesn’t rake through any though, which she just attributes to his gentleness. A trait that no one in the world but her would associate with him. She can feel the puffs of his breath in the juncture of her neck and shoulder. Still trying to get his breathing under control, but with their bodies molded together so intimately she can feel the expansion of his barrel chest and she knows he’s breathing her in. Breathing them in. She wants to laugh at the decadence of it all when his tongue snakes out and laps at her neck. When he keeps doing it the urge to laugh turns into an urge to moan, but they’ve got time before things heat up again. She wants to enjoy this. She wants him to enjoy this.

So she caresses him, because she can do that now. Freely. She’s learned, with the help of her Wolverine, the different types of touch. She’s been on the receiving end of his soft, thoughtful caresses and it’s something she wants to give back to him. Like her, he doesn’t have a history full of that.

She can’t really help it if it turns teasing…

She uses one hand to lightly skim the length of his broad back, using the pads of her fingers instead of her nails this time. It was the first part of him she ever saw, so long ago in that cage. Back then it was imposing and marred with bruises. Now it’s relaxed and she likes to think he prefers the marks she just gave him. Her other hand is nestled into the thick hair at the nape of his neck, one of her favorite places. Oh she’s got plenty when it comes to him, but for some reason her hands are always drawn here. Even when she still relied on gloves she wouldn’t hesitate to run her fingers through his dark hair or reach over while he was driving and just rub his neck. He welcomed it then and judging by his muffled moan when she finds a knot in his muscles, he likes it now too.

So she rubs deeper as his body relaxes more. Usually she’ll lecture him about the tension he carries in his upper back. She frowns a bit. He really should stretch more when he works out. Then again, he always lets her loosen his corded muscles, one way or another.

Marie can feel her body stirring from all of this contact. This was a welcome break, but she’s ready to go again. She rubs his neck even deeper, her perusal of his back straying lower. Her legs begin to move. The left is still wrapped around his hip, giving her easy access to pull him into her when he’s ready again. She rubs her right leg over his and almost groans at the feel of him, takes pleasure just from the simple contrast of their bodies. His hardness fits perfectly with her softness and she loves how the hairs bristle her. She wants more of that. She wants to arch her breasts while she’s pinned under him and feel that bristling sensation stir more of her body.

She’s about to when she hears a growl from Logan. They’re so close she can feel the rumble and it makes her chuckle. He seems to have his strength back – she loves this man’s healing mutation – and raises up on his arms. And for the longest time he just looks at her. She has no idea what he sees. Her rat’s nest hair? Skin that’s still mottled from their…activities? What must be an unflattering amount of sweat she’s accumulated throughout the day? Whatever he sees it makes his expression soften and she realizes that despite how unkempt she must look she’s been smiling at him the entire time.

“Hi” She doesn’t really know where that comes from. Well, what should a girl say to the man that’s just debauched her for the better part of the weekend? Maybe he’s thinking the same thing because his eyes widen and she can’t help but smile even more at that. It’s not often you catch the Wolverine off guard.

“Hi” More of that rumbling of his, but the expression on his face reflects what she’s feeling too.

She has his memories so she knows it’s a first for him – staying, touching, experiencing. He still looks like the undefeatable Wolverine everyone thinks he is, but he’s also still recovering. From the wild rounds of sex or her tender touches, she’s not entirely sure, but she has a hunch. At first she was worried that he wouldn’t accept that from her. That he’d feel weak by looking so unsteady in front of her, by relying on her embrace.

But she looks at the curl of his lips and the love in his eyes and she knows he doesn’t.

And for that she’s grateful.
End Notes:
So how was it? Hearing what you guys think really makes my day a little less craptacular!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3805