Loss by aranenumenesse
Summary: He didn't know what to think of anymore.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Angst, PWP
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Friendship Lost
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2776 Read: 4600 Published: 09/11/2010 Updated: 09/11/2010
Story Notes:
Old story I found while I was cleaning up archives. I have posted this to beta, but for some reason it never made it's way here. I corrected grammar a bit (hopefully...) and brushed it up a bit.

1. Chapter 1 by aranenumenesse

Chapter 1 by aranenumenesse
He didn’t know what to think of anymore. Last night Marie had come to him, clad only to a barest hint of translucent excuse of a nightgown, thighs wet and sticky from arousal.
“It burns,” was her only explanation before she had climbed next to him and pulled his hand between her thighs. Like countless nights before he had brought her release, and she had left. Like countless nights before, she had been in deep sleep during the whole time his fingers had worked inside of her.

And now the same girl was sitting next to him on a stone bench, marveling how Ororo’s roses had grown, and didn’t he think Jubilee’s new jacket was absolutely horrendous. He huffed and harrumphed in suitable parts of their one sided conversation, when it sounded like she had said something that demanded an answer, thoughts all the while miles away, fiddling with his nightly enigma.

“… Bobby broke up with me.” That roused him from his stupor.

“What?”

“He said he was getting tired of waiting.”

“Waiting for what?”

“You know…”

He sighed and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. “Ice Prick is an idiot. And you’re better off without him if that was all he was after.”

“I know. It’s just… He doesn’t realize how big this is for me. I had to go on so long without touching. Now that I can, it’s not easy. It’s hard to trust.”

“Yeah…” He croaked. Real hard. She didn’t seem to have any problems with touching when she was asleep. Or even now, for that matter. She had practically glued herself to his side immediately after he had given her a chance to do it.
“You’ll get over it. It will become easier eventually. You find the right person…” And he really didn’t want to continue down that path. He wasn’t exactly qualified to give couples counseling or sex-ed to a teenage girl.

***

Night came. So did his nightly visitor, opening the door to his room silently, and closing it behind her carefully before approaching his bed. Scent of her arousal was nearly suffocating. He waited in silence when she climbed next to him. Let her take his hand and guide it to her slick folds. After a few minutes she came, shuddering, but somehow he knew this wasn’t over yet.

“It’s never enough,” she hissed low under her breath and started peeling away blanket covering him. He was already hard and throbbing when she straddled him and impaled herself to his erection. Small, pleased gasp told him this was the very thing she had been looking for all along. He forced himself to stay still and just watch. It looked like she was about to take her time with him. Long, slow moves, grinding her clit against him with every stroke, taking him deeper and deeper. Her head thrown backwards, long, brown hair spilling down her back. Creamy flawless skin glowing in the pale moonlight that was seeping through the curtains. Tightening around him told him she was about to come again. He wondered silently how she could sleep through all this. Doubted it at first, but then she turned her face towards his. Her eyes were lifeless and clouded over. There was no recognition in those orbs. No sign that she knew what she was doing. And when she came, look on her face stayed blank. Rosy hue colored her pale cheeks, but that was the only telltale sign that anything at all had happened. And when it was over, she stood up and left. Her scent all over him, cock still slick from her juices it didn’t take long until he found his own release.


Next morning found him sitting on a front porch, Marie propped between his long legs, and her whole attention turned to a book on her lap.

“This is just stupid! I’m never going to need this stuff after the school is over!” She was whining. “Physics! Why the fuck should I knew how to calculate the correct angle for this and that?” She huffed and tapped the picture that was puzzling her. He read over her shoulder.

“It’s not that hard. Just take readings from here, and here, and use this to calculate…” He started to feel disgusted. Book in front of him managed to serve one purpose. Remind him about her age. “Look, why don’t you ask Professor to help you with this? I’m sure he would be much better qualified…”

“But I like you. Many times at class I don’t have a clue about what he’s talking about. Then you explain the same thing to me, and it’s clear as a day.”

“Well, I don’t have time to tutor you. I have more important things to do,” he grunted, pushed her off from his lap and stood up. He nearly ran to garage. Heartbroken and confused look on her face made his chest hurt.

***

It was half past midnight, and he was half past scenario which Scott had asked him to test out when door to Danger Room opened. There she stood, naked as the day she was born, in the middle of battlefield. He could practically taste her arousal from the other side of the room. There was no hesitation, no stumbling or faltering steps when she made her way to him over wrecked landscape. Thin sheen of perspiration covered her skin, and there was feverish gleam in her eyes. When she reached for his hand he backed away from her. Not tonight. Not anymore. Her eyes flickered to his, and something old and hungry was gazing him through half hooded lids. Then it was gone, and he was alone with whimpering Marie, who was rubbing her thighs together in desperate attempt to relieve the tension building between them.

“Please… It burns… Make it go away…” she tried to grasp him again. This time he let her take his hand, but instead letting her guide it he took the lead, placing it to her shoulder.

“Come on. Lets get you back to bed,” he whispered and coaxed her out carefully, trying not to wake her.


Next day he tried to avoid her. It was a difficult task, she was all over him. Everywhere he went she followed, clinging to him like he was her lifeline. She had her own task to perform. She was avoiding Bobby and most efficient way to do that was to tag along with Wolverine.

“What do you want?” He knew perfectly well what she wanted at night, but days were a mystery to him. She sat on a workbench, seemingly watching when he was fiddling with his motorcycle, but he could feel there was more to it.

“I don’t know. Are you mad at me?”

“No. What made you think about that?” A lie. He was mad at her. He was mad at himself.

“You have been acting kind of strange lately.” Well, so have you, darling. For the past month you have been fucking me like an insatiable minx every fucking night. That kind of behavior tends to put a strain to a friendship.

“It’s nothing. Haven’t been sleeping so well. But it’s getting better.” Again a big, fat lie. It wasn’t getting better. He was starting to develop a taste for their nightly trysts. Last night it had taken every ounce of his willpower not to throw her to the ground and take her. Tonight he would have to hide. If it even was possible. He still didn’t understand how she had found him last night.

“Don’t you have school, or something?” He asked, tightening some wires. He knew he should loosen them up later. He would wreck his bike if he tried to drive it on this condition. She huffed.

“It’s Saturday. No school today.”

“… Or something?” Please. Jubilee? Kitty? Come and take her to the mall. Eric? You wouldn’t happen to have some nifty machine to strap her in?

“Nope. Nothing. Nada. Zilch…”

“What ever. Listen, kid, I’m kind of busy right now. Could you go and bother somebody else?” again those drowning puppy –eyes flashed towards his. You’re a world-class asshole, but I love you anyway, that look told him. She sighed, slouched down from the workbench and shuffled out from the garage. He grabbed a wrench from the toolbox. Started tightening loose bolts. Every yank twisted his nerves to a tighter knot, until he had to throw the wrench away before something broke.

***

Fifteenth lap, and he was already exhausted. Swimming wasn’t his forte, but he had locked himself to the pool house for the night. Nothing much to do there. Water was warm, and as long as he was careful, stayed near the edges, he didn’t have to worry about drowning. He could hear doorknob rattling. She had been out there for the better part of an hour already, knocking, and in turn trying to break in. Her scent had already saturated the air, and water felt hot and sticky on his skin. He dragged himself away from the pool reluctantly and took a towel. Soft cloth slid like caress over his burning flesh when he dried himself.

“Please… Make it stop…” For the last fifteen minutes she had been begging, and he could picture her, standing out there, clad only to her hands, every muscle coiled, pussy wet and dripping. He started to pull clothes on. Cursed briefly his choice of pants. Instead of loose fitting track pants he had to tuck himself to jeans that sat snuggly, like a second skin. His breath hitched slightly when tight, unyielding fabric cupped him, sending a small jolt to his lower abdomen. On the other side of the door she had stopped begging. Instead she was now trying to claw her way through it, and he grimaced. She would have splinters under her nails morning when she woke up.

***

He had absolutely no idea what to do to screaming and crying girl that was hovering over him. Right now it took all of his strength to stay conscious.

For two whole months cure had held her mutation at bay. Two the most miserable and exhilarating months of their life. They had developed a routine around their breakfast. No matter what was going on, no matter how grumpy either of them was or how late they had stayed up, they would share polite breakfast together. During that breakfast he would touch her. Not because she expected it. Not because he wanted to. Just because. Gentle brush of fingers over her cheekbone. Warm hand on her own. Enough comfort to get them both through the day.

“Hush. It’s all right now…” He tried to get his bearings and clean up remnants of his breakfast from his clothes. She was still screaming. Other students had left the dining hall when he had slumped on top of his tray; panicky herd of teenagers fleeing from the scene of an accident. “Stop it before Jean returns,” he whispered, loud enough for her to hear, quiet enough to conceal the words from Scott and Ororo who were standing behind her. Jean had gone to retrieve a sedative. He knew Marie detested needles as much as he himself did. She calmed a bit.

“I’m all right. No harm done. See?” He showed her his hands, palms down, fingers spread. Not even a slight tremble. Contact had been so brief it had only knocked wind out of him. She stared at his hands for a moment, and started screaming again. And he knew she had gotten more than enough information out from their connection.

***

Evening came, and he didn’t have to hide. He actually missed her. Way her eyes followed his every move. Way she spoke about ordinary things. Never something about life and death, just everyday stuff, like which clothes she should wear and could he help her with her homework. Way she went all skittish and jittery when he teased her about boys. In many ways cure had broken that connection. Her nightly visits to him had started immediately after she took it. Now it had worn off, and she lay unconscious in med lab. He wanted to go there. Just to sit with her, and listen to her breathing. He didn’t. Instead he spent restless night pacing up and down the corridors, smoking and thinking. And when morning came, he knocked on Xavier’s door.

***

Their conversation had gone surprisingly well. Not once did the Professor threaten him. Not once did he ask him to leave. Not once did he address their considerable age difference. He didn’t have to. Logan did it for himself. Professor listened his outpour, hands tucked under his chin, elbows resting comfortably on his desk.

“If you wish to leave, that is what you should do. But I ask one thing from you. Stay until she wakes up. Talk this through with her. After Jean sedated her I looked in to her thoughts. I’m not comfortable about what has been going on, but I found the reason to it. Neither one of you is to blame. If anything, it’s the cure. It suppressed her mutation, but it had an unexpected side effect. She has always had feelings for you, an issue I trust you’re aware of? Cure enhanced those feelings, and made her act up according to them. When she was awake she was able to resist it, but when she slept…”

“I was awake. Every time,” he reminded the Professor gruffly. Old man sighed.

“Patience and abstinence have never been part of your repertoire. At this moment I really would like to ask you to leave and never return, but I have a feeling that in the end it would only hurt Rogue more. Talk with her. Make your decision after you have dealt with what has happened.”

***

Talk with her? He didn’t know how to approach the topic. Hey, Rogue… Just wanted to talk about how you shagged with me. How do you feel about it? I thought it was rather nice, but we shouldn’t do it again. Right.


Decision was taken out of his hands. He was sitting on the front porch, mulling over the oncoming conversation for the hundredth time, smoking in chain and listening the quiet whispers of the night around him when front door opened. She sat next to him. Now she had clothes on, and only scent he could detect was nervousness. It wafted around her. Thick, black cloud, nearly masking her features from him. She fiddled with her gloves, pulling them on more snuggly. Brushed off speckles of lint that weren’t even there.

“I’m… I’m sorry,” she finally squeaked.

“I’m sorry. I don’t want to be, but I am.” He really didn’t want to. It had been ugly and twisted. And all the while he had been hoping, that one night she would wake up. Wake up and not leave. That it was something she wanted.

“Why didn’t you say something? Or wake me up?”

“I guess I liked it too much. Liked the idea of somebody wanting me. At first I actually thought it really was you. Later I was so fucking ashamed that I wanted to hide. But… Oh, fuck this! I wanted you. I still want you. But I don’t want to loose you. I don’t want to loose what we have. Sex is just sex. With you I had something more.”

“I don’t even know how it felt. I had everything I wanted, and I have no memories about it.” Her voice quivered, and he could no longer resist the urge to pull her against his side.

“It’s better that way. It was too soon, anyway. You said it yourself; you weren’t ready yet.” She nudged his shoulder with her head.

“I wasn’t ready with Bobby. I think I would have never been ready with him.” Implication wasn’t lost to him, and he shivered slightly.

“I don’t want you to hurry, kid. I don’t want you to try change who or what you are. I want you, but I don’t want you to throw yourself to me. Take your time. Grow up. Look around you. Pester me with your homework and things you do with your friends. Make your decision when you’re ready.”
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3790