Lust = Betrayal x2 by inugoddesschild
Summary: Wolverine returns to help and make sure that Rogue is safe and not in the clutches of.....u will have to read to find out. But during his visit, alot of thing are revealed and in the middle is a struggling Rogue who is torn to tell the truth, or keep her secret love happy. Throughout this entire story, Rogue will learn what it means to sacrifice for the one you love, as Logan finally learns what it means to lose what he never acknowledged. So buckle up and read. And don't forget to review.
Categories: X1, X2, X3, Comicverse, X-Men Evolution, X-Men Origins Wolverine Characters: None
Genres: Action, Adult, Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: Cutting
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 24586 Read: 60303 Published: 08/20/2010 Updated: 09/02/2010
Story Notes:
I will have a mixture of all the movies in here and some comic characters. So bare with me and keep an open mind.

1. Chapter 1 by inugoddesschild

2. Chapter 2 by inugoddesschild

3. Chapter 3 by inugoddesschild

4. Chapter 4 by inugoddesschild

5. Chapter 5 by inugoddesschild

6. Chapter 6 by inugoddesschild

7. Chapter 7 by inugoddesschild

8. Chapter 8 by inugoddesschild

9. Chapter 9 by inugoddesschild

10. Chapter 10 by inugoddesschild

Chapter 1 by inugoddesschild
Author's Notes:
A secret is going to be released so dont forget to tell me what you think. and this is only the beginning of what Rogue will know and find herself torn.
~Chapter 1~

Sighing as Storm continued to lecture the class on the importance of knowing herbs, Jubilee frowned.

"Am I boring you?"

Feeling a nudge in her side, she gave Rogue an look.

Rolling her eyes at her friend's indifferent behavior, she motioned towards the woman before them. Following her gaze, Jubilee sighed.

"No. I was just....uh...thinking on what you said," she calmly stated.

Raisning an eyebrow, Storm placed the chalk down on her desk. "What is arnica montana used for then?"

"Uhm...it's used to help....the uhm..." Sighing she leaned heavily back on her chair. "I don't know."

Storm shook her head. "Would someone please tell Jubilee what this plant is used for?"

Raising her hand, Rogue received a nod from her. " It's used for strains, sprains, and bruises."

"And what of the roots?"

"They uh...have a chemical that helps and may have some anti-inflammatory effect."

Smiling, Storm glimpsed the clock and sighed. "I want a two page paper on the arnica montana and the uses of it. I would also like the name of the person that discovered it....Class dismissed."

Before any could voice an opinion, the bell sounded.

Sighing and grabbing her things, Jubilee moved to leave.

"What's going on?" Kitty voiced, walking over.

"I may not be able to go to the dance this weekend." She sourly stated.

Saddling beside her, Rogue frowned. "Why not? You were so hyped about going."

"I know, but im not exactly passing self-defence class."

"How?" Pausing at her locker, Kitty returned to her spot with the duo. "i mean, it's a pretty easy class. All you do is learn to fight."

"But Beast and the Proffessor feel that I'm not giving my all and holding back."

Sighing, Rogue moved to reply, but froze at the scent that passed her nose. Turning down the left hall and taking up a run, she felt such longing enter her being.
***************************************************************

Geting off his bike and retreiving his duffel bag, he sighed.

Climbing the four steps and finding the double doors open before him, he muffled a mild chuckle. Entering and crossing the thresshold to the mansion, he came face to face with three pairs of eyes.

Eyes locking with red shades, he gave the keys in his hands a toss. "Thanks for the wheels, four eyes."
Balling a fist and taking a step, Cyclops found a soft hand on his chest.

"Logan." Jean softly stated.

Giving a smile, he was even more amused when boy wonder threw an arm around her. "Bored yet, Jeany?" He teased.

"No...a matter of fact, we are geting married." She replied flashing her engagement ring.

"Congrads, then."

"Thank you," Scott stated and led her away.

Giving her a wink, Logan smirked.

"I see that you have remained the same." Xavier replied, folding his hands on his lap.

"So it seems."

Nodding he motioned him to walk with him. "I know that you are still recovering your past and..."

"You sent me on a dead end." He growled.

"That, I did not know. When I searched your mind, that is the only thing that I could find. "

"There was no lab there, as you stated."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Then I am truely sorry for misleading you."

Sighing, Logan entered his office along side him. watching as he moved behind the desk, he retreived something out his pants pocket.

"What is that?"

"I ran into a few people who I did not fancy and found this." Placing it on the table, he waited.

Seeing the hard look on his face, Xavier quickly scanned the paper's contents. "This is not good."

"Has there been any attacks on the school?"

Shaking his head, his gaze returned to the picture before him. "This must've just been created, but by who?"

"The only person that i could think that would want the kid, is Magneto."

"No, he wouldn't risk it again and in such a short period of time. My old friend is known even to now, to fully think of all the percaustions that would he would need to take, if he wished to abduct young Rogue again." Placing the paper down, he sighed. "You have returned to reveal this, correct?"

Logan nodded.

"You could've simply sent it to me, with your mind." Seeing the sudden shifting of his eyes, Xavier sighed. "You wished to return and see to her yourself, didn't you?"

Giving the shallowest of nods, Logan folded his arms. "I will return to all my active duties." He stated.

Nodding, Xavier retreived a folder from a file cabnet behind him. "This is all the students who are in the self-defence classes. You may wish to speak with beast to catch up with some of their progress they have made."

Accepting the file and flipping through it, he grunted.

Turning, he swiftly exited.

Making his way down the hall by mere smell and his enhanced senses, he paused. Closing it and catching the body that about knocked him down, he closed his eyes and took her scent in. Releasing a breath and the fresh jasmine scent along with it, he took a step back and eyed the female before him.

"How you been kid?"

Rolling her eyes at that familiar name, Rogue sighed. "You know I'm not a kid anymore?"

"Sure, but you will forever be that small kid that stored away on my camper, in my eyes."

Shaking her head and spotting her friends, she waved them over. "So, how long will you be staying now?" Her southern accent sounded.

"As long as I wish."

Suddenly smiling, Jubilee gave him a pleading eyes. "You're going to teach self-defence class again, right?"

He gave a slow nod. "Yes, but that does not mean that I'm going to pass you if you don't attempt nor give your all."

Sighing, she bowed her head and walked off.

"Welcome back, Mr. Logan." Kitty voiced, hurring after her saddened friend.

Rubbing his hand over his face, she frowned. "Why does she make me sound so old?" Me grumbled under his breath.

"Well, you are for one." Following him down the hall, Rogue hugged her books tighter. "I uhm...Did you hear about Jean and Scott''s um...you know, their..."

"I know their engaged, kid."

She sighed in relief. "So no hard feelings of me being in the wedding next week, then?"

Haulting in step, Logan narrowed his eyes at her. "Next week?"

Seeing the beast clearly in his eyes, she gave a small nod. "Yeah. They been engaged since you left, six months ago."

Growlingd, he stalked off.

Watching as he disappeared around the corner, Rogue couldn't help the feeling of trapidition that something was going to happen. Sighing, she hurried off to her next class.
*************************************************************

Stepping out of the shower and into the hall, she sighed.
Just as she moved to turn the corner, she froze as she heard two people arguing.

"Why?"

"I owe you nothing."

"So what happened between us means nothing?"

"Logan, please try and understand. You and I were fun while it lasted, but Scott is my future."

"Jeany, that boy doesen't know the first thing about what you like and ..."

"Then he can learn. " Jean stated. "Scott is everything that a woman would want and more."

"Except for the fact that he can't make you scream."
Silence.

Peeking around the corner, she found Logan holding her in his arms. Leaning his foreheand agaisnt hers, he gave her a light kiss.

"And if you wanted to stop me, you would've been done so." He thickly stated.

"This is not how I pictured it." She mumbled.

"Then lets take this to my room." Giving a tug, he led her two doors down to his room.

Hearing the door close, Rogue was left in shock at what she just heard and witnessed. But more then anything, she couldn't ignore the feeling of being betrayed, and stabbed in the heart by the one man that she would've moved heaven and earth for.

Wiping the tears that silently fell down her cheeks, she made for her room.
End Notes:
plz review and tell me what you think.
Chapter 2 by inugoddesschild
Author's Notes:
~Side note: Rogue will be out of character from her and on out. Alot of drama and maham will result. And if there are any Jean fans, from on out she will be painted as a b**** and the villen. Sorry. and to all Rogue/Logan fans, they will get together, but as the title says Lust=Betrayal and Logan wont learn what he had until it's gone.......NOW READ ON!!!!! LOL~
Releasing a breath, she entered the kitchen and froze. "What's going on?"

Turning around and smiling, Jean flipped her hair out of her face. "Storm thought I needed another fitting to make sure the dress wasn't too tight." Giving a twirl and admiring it in the length size mirror, she sighed in content. "What do you think? Should I have the him in the back taken in more or out?"

Glimpsing it, Rogue felt a lump in her throat. As she moved to answer, a flash of her and Logan in the hall played in her head. Gasping, she felt her heart fastened its tempo. Eyes going wide, she felt faint.

Placing down the needle pins, Storm frowned. "Rogue? Are you alright?"

Blinking rapidly, she tried to move her mouth, but nothing came out. Before she could call out for help, her knees buckled and darkness claimed her.
********************************************************

"Are you sure, Hank?"

Nodding the massive blue furred man sighed. "Yes, Proffessor. It would seem that she had some sort of a panic attack." He voiced, looking at the young woman sleeping on the med table. "Whatever it is that caused it, is sure to return unless she addresses it."

"Is it possible that she was stressed about the exams and prom?"

"I highly doubt it."

Rolling near his student and frowning, Xavier folded his hands in his lap. "Why would you say that?"

"Rogue is about top of her class with Kitty and Bobby. She has nothing to worry nor stress over. So, I would conclude that it would have to do with something that has recently occured."

Nodding and placing a hand on her temple, the Proffessor sighed. Rolling over to the chart on the table and reading it, he frowned. "It would seem that she has found the mansion's latest scandal, last night."

"You mean Jean and Logan?" Hank voiced.

"Yes."

Sharing the look of sympathy that crossed his face, Hank shook his head. "I think we found the cause of her stress."
*********************************************

Nodding as the class continued to do drills, Logan frowned at the two females leaning against the wall.

"I know chicka, but it ain't the same." Jubilee stated, folding her arms. "What's the use of going shopping without her?"

"But we need dresses for the prom and..." Going silent, Kitty gave the man stalking over a hesitant smile. "Hi Mr. Logan."

Raising an eyebrow, he growled. "Why aren't you two doing the drills?"

"We uh....We..." Nudging Jubilee, she gave her a pointed look.

"Well, we're one man down for this exercise and thought we pay our respects for a fallen teammate." She calmly stated.

"Where is Rogue?"

"She's in the med wing. She passed out earlier." Kitty replied, as she eyed Bobby body slam his partners.

Nodding he scanned the others. "Go join the new brats. Now."

Sighing and grabbing a pouting Jubilee, Kitty led the way.

Watching as they partnered up with the new students, Logan frowned. The class was about at it's end and he now just realized the kid was missing. Something was truely wrong with him. Hell, he probably shouldn't have went three rounds with Jeany and snuck in another in the shower.

Rubbing his face and promising himself to stop by and see the kid, he returned to his job at hand.
*************************************************************

Thanking Hank for caring for her, Rogue slowly came to her feet and exited.

As she walked down the titanium walls, she felt a mental push for her to go left. Turning and entering the briefing room, she gave a small smile.

"Proffessor?"

Turning away from the computer, he motioned her over. "Hi my dear. You are feeling better, I take it?"

Nodding she glimpsed the screen. "What's this?"

"Ah, this is the reason that I wished to see you."

Pushing a button on the keyboard, it revealed another school similar to the one upstairs. "This is a school for the gifted as well and it is led by a friend of mine. Her name is Emma Frost, and she as well is a telepath."

Seeing the pictiure of the platnium blond, Rogue gave a small nod. "What does this have to doe with me, Proffessor?"

"I was thinking of transfering you over to the school over in Europe."

"Why?"

Sighing, he faced her. "I know what happened to you earlier, as well as what caused it."

Looking down, she fell silent.

"I know that you do not wish to speak of it and I know of the pain that it is causing your being. I simply do not wish for you to be harmed or a repeat of what occured, for it will no doubt get out of hand."

"I'll be fine."

Releasing a breath, he hated what he was going to say next. "I know that you care very deeply for Logan and have for a very long time. Add the affair that her is having with Jean and your recent antics over it, you will no doubt have a melt down. I do not wish for that to happen, but I fear that may occur if you stay here longer."

"But the wedding will make them stop and..."

Holding up his hand, he frowned. "They have no intention of stoping what is to come, Rogue. They are in the throws of lust and will not stop for nothing. At the end of the day and all that has yet to occur , will eat away at your heart and you will be left hurt and a shell of your past self. Tell me, is that a way to live?"

Opening her mouth to reply, the image of Jean and Logan popped back in her mind. Placing her hand to her chest that was beating with the rhythem of a tide pool, she closed her eyes and eased her mind. After a minute, she opened her eyes and found sad brown hues staring at her.

"I do not want an answer now. Think on it and when you are ready, I shall make all the prepreations."

Giving a small nod, Rogue walked away with a heavy heart.
Chapter 3 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 3~

Nearing her room, she found the door ajar. Pausing, she hesitated to enter.

"It's just me, kid."

Hearing that voice, she wanted to cry and run the other way, as her heart once more started to rise it''s tempo. Closing her eyes and counting to ten, she released a breath and entered her room.

Pushing the door and freezing, she eyed the man casually laying on her bed as if it was natural. In that moment, she couldn't help the feeling of such love that emanted from her. In all her wildest dreams, she would come from a mission and find him waiting for her. But soon the image was shredded as she saw him and Jean kissing.

Blinking that away, she felt tears gather in her eyes. Kicking the door closed behind her, she walked over to the window seal and took a seat. Looking out and over the view of the rose garden Storm was working in, she sighed. "Why did you come?"

Taken back, Logan sat up and raised an eyebrow. "What crawled up your..." Pausing at the cold stare she pointed at him, he stood. "What's wrong, kid?"

"Nothing. Now what do you want?"

"You wasen't in class and I was worried."

Shaking her head, she folded her arms. "You didn't realize I wasn't there for the meeting this morning about the rescue mission, either? So that means, Kitty and Jubes told you." She about spat.

Growling, he stormed up to her and hefted her up by her arm; ignoring the small whimper that left her at his rough and hard grip on her. "What the hell has gotten
into you?"

Narrowing her eyes and quickly jabbing him in his side, his hold slipped. not wasting any time, she elbowed him in the throat. Watching as he took several steps back and struggled for breath, she folded her arms. "Don't pretend to care now, when you weren't here when your precious Jeany about broke my arm." She sneered. Opening the door, her gaze hardened even more. "Get out Logan."

Rubbing his neck one last time, he slowly did as she voiced. Just as he was clear of the entrance, she cleared her throat.

"Oh, and don't worry about me. I'm all grown up and can take care of myself. So don't return to see how I'm fairing, because I'll be just fine. Trust me."
And with that, the door slammed in his face. But also on their once loving and great friendship.
***********************************************************
Pouring a glass of orange juice in her glass, she sighed.

"What did boy wonder do now? Or shoud I say, 'not' do?"

Turning and finding Logan leaning on the kitchen's entrance, Jean smiled. "Why must Scott be my reason for all I do?"

Nearing her, he casually wrapped an arm around her slender waist. "Then you came for me?"

Leaning into his touch, she smirked. "Maybe."

Chuckling, he claimed her lips in a heated kiss.
Returning it with just as much fire and more, she gave a small jump and wrapped her legs around his waist. Catching her and placing her on the kitchen island, his lips trailed down her slender neck.

Pulling the straps of her gown down, his hands cupped her bare breast. Throwing her head back and allowing a small whimper and moan pass her lips, Jean waved her hand and his shirt was torn off into little shredded pieces.

"You know you will have to clean that up." He huskily stated, as she started to undo his pants. Trailing one of his hands down and hiking her gown up, he found her bare. "No panties? Such a naughty girl."

Smiling, she freed his thick and pulsating cock. "What can I say? I did come here for you." Strapping a condom on him, she bit his ear.

Growling, he gave one strong and thrust and entered her. Throwing both their heads back in pure ecastacy, neither realized the bystander standing at the entrance, until a choked sob was heard.

Turning and moving to shout at the person that dared to interrupt them, Logan froze. "Marie."

Hearing her name, Rogue couldn't hold back the tears that spilled down her now pale face. She was just down here for a glass of warm milk, like her mother always gave her when she had a bad dream and couldn't sleep; but to see her nightmare before her awake, was something that she could never have expected.

Seeing hurt and such sudden hatred ignite in her once sunny and beautiful eyes, Logan felt his heart come undone. Pulling free of an immobile Jean and fixing his pants, he took a step towards her.

"Don't." Her shaken and heart wrenching voice sounded, in the quite of dead night. "Just...just stay away from me." Turning, she ran for the safe haven of her room.
Watching as she quickly vanished into the shadowed mansion, Logon felt a slap to the face, as this morning finally made sense.

She knew.

Sliding off the island's counter and righting her gown, Jean frowned. "I have to go and talk to her and..."

"No."

Facing him, she narrowed her eyes. "I must. For if she talks and Scott finds out, there won't be a..."

"She won't." He solomnly stated, leaning heavily on the counter.

"And how do you know that?"

Looking out at the thunderstorm that was no doubt echoing the feelings of the girl upstairs, Logan closed his eyes. "Because, she wouldn't want to hurt or take away something that I value."

Quickly understanding, Jean for the first time knew that this simple affair she started with him six months ago, was bigger than any could ever comprehend.

For not only was her future involved, but a young girl's heart and no doubt life.
**************************************************************
Tying her hair up and entering the class, Rogue took her spot near the back. Spotting her friends, she gave them a sad attempt of a smile then gave up. Noticing the sudden change in her character, Kitty and Jubilee shared a look.

"Partner up with the same group you were in the other day. I want you all to repeat the drills and at the end of class I will test you. Now begin." Logan demanded.

Sighing, Jubes moved to show Rogue the drills that they learned the other day ago, but froze as he walked over.

"You two go and partnter up with the newbies. I will show her the drills."

Nodding both started to walk off, but Rogue shook her head and grabbed both their arms. "No, they can show me."
He raised an eyebrow. "They need to practice for their test and you are new to this technique and..."

"They teach me, or I walk." She coldly stated.

Eyes going wide, both girls could only stare at their friend as she clearly lost her mind.

Releasing a breath, Logan frowned. "Think about what I just said, Kid. You have to learn the new..."

"I'm not a kid and don't ever call me that again." She about snapped.

"Then Marie, I..."

"Don't. Ever. Call. Me. That. Again." She about growled as she was face to shoulder with him, as fire stared at him from her hazle eyes. "You are no friend of mine. It's Rogue and that's the only thing that I will answer to from your lips." Clipping him with her shoulder, she exited the gym.

Watching as she left, Logan found himself lost. Not only did she walk out on him and the class, but sassed him about their now non-existant friendship.

This was truely a bad, bad day.

If Logan thought that day couldn 't get any worse, he was dead wrong.
Chapter 4 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 4~

Entering the dining hall and having all go silent, he sighed. Making his way over to the teachers table that was to the far left, he plopped down in a chair. "Is it just me, or are any of you having an aweful day?"

Swallowing his hamburger, Hank frowned. "Now that you mention it, in chemistry I had a select few who kept interrupting to share something that seemed to have happened in your self-defense class, earlier."

Sighing, he shook his head and looked over the students. "Me and Rogue kind of got into it and..."

"She declared the end to your friendship?" Storm finished, with a disapproving voice. "Whatever you did to that girl, has broken her spirit. I have never seen one so off and quite in all my days here. I even asked her to stay after to speak with her."

"What did she say?" Jean demanded, as her and Logan shared a look.

"Nothing. She simply stated that she was not feeling like herself. I proceeded to push, but I got the impression that she is keeping a secret to protect another."

Sighing, she shook her head. "It's sad to see her in such a state, but that is the cost of giving your all to another that does not see and ignore." Facing the blue burly man, she frowned. "I fear that she will start on a path of self destruction and soon harm to herself will begin."

Scott scoffed. "You can't be sereis. Rogue is a very bright and intelligent young lady. Yeah I know that she maybe hurt, but self harm? That's a little extreme don't you think?"

Grabbing his hand, Jean nodded. "I must agree. That is extreme, even for her."

Storm sighed. "I have seen too many women who gave their all and had it slammed back in their faces. And Rogue is already on that path. She is now rebelling and acting out. It's only so much she can do, before she is left with trying to make the pain go away."

"Have the Proffessor said anything about her?" Logan stated, as he spotted Kitty and Jubilee settle down at their regular table and looking towards the entrance. No doubt searching for their choice of topic.

Nodding, Hank gave him and Jean a hard look. "Yes, but it is up to her about what she wishes to do. He has gave her a few options and will let her choose."

Shrinking back and into Scott's side, Jean was consumed with guilt. "What kind of options?"

"Ones that will forever change her as well as the X-Men."

Falling silent, all was consumed by their thoughts.
***********************************************
Releasing a breath and entering the dining area with her plate, she opted for the secluded table off in the shadows. Taking a seat, she took two bites of her slice of pizza and pushed it away. Closing her eyes and seeing Logan and Jean in the throws of passion, she gasped. Opening her eyes, she found the room spinning.

"Hey Roguey." Jubilee chirped, taking a seat.

Holding her head, she gave a small nod. "Hey Jubes." She weakly stated.

Seeing her dilated pupils, she frowned. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, why you ask?"

"You don't seem so well, chicka."

Standing and grabbing her tray, she made for the garbage bin. Dumping her food in it and placing the tray ontop, she sighed. "I'm just tired and feeling a little
stressed, I guess. Nothing sereis."

Eyeing her, Jubilee wrapped an arm around her. "Then go to your room to get some rest."

Nodding and looking over Jubilee's shoulder, she found two pairs of eyes staring at her. Opening her mouth to speak, she found her throat once more dry. As images raced through her mind, she felt drained. And this time, it wasn't just of them, but all the trials and things that she and Logan been through.

Legs giving out on her, darkness soon claimed her.
Going down with her, Jubilee quickly manuvered so she was leaning on her, instead of falling onto the marble floor. Turning, she found the teachers rushing over. Facing her friend, she attempted to change positions, but suddenly found herself immobile.

Looking down at her hand that was cracking and bleeding profously, she gasped as she couldn't breath. Staring down at her friend, who was steadly gaining more color, Jubilee soon follwed her into the world of unconciousness.
**************************************************
Turning over, Rogue frowned and slowly opened her eyes. Finding titanium walls around her, she sighed. "Not again."

"I see that you are awake, my dear."

Sitting up and finding the Proffessor to her right, she rubbed her head. "What happened?"

"What is the last thing that you recall?"

"Talking to Jubes about needing to go get some rest and then...nothing."

"You passed out, once more." Pausing as the others entered, he soon continued. "It would seem, that this time you were more effected then the last."

"What do you mean?"

"Your mutation strengthened as you were out." Hank stated, coming to her other side and taking a look at the machines that she was hooked up to. "Your mutation as you know is known for taking the life force or even another's mutation for a select time, but that was not the case as you were unconcious. It seemed that it strengthened and
was able to work through your clothes."

Gasping, she frowned. "Jubes! Is she okay?"

Nodding, Jean pulled back the curtain to reveal a slumbering Jubilee. "She's fine. She is now merely sleeping."

Releasing a breath, she faced the Proffessor. "Why is this happening?"

"You my dear, are more special than I have ever imagined. It would seem that your mutation is tied more to your emotions, than it is all others. Your body is being effected due to the stress and new event that occured recently."

Looking from Jean to Logan, she felt her heart speed up.
Closing her eyes and counting to ten, she slowly calmed herself. Releasing a breath and slowly opening her eyes, she found all gawking at her. "What?"

"Your skin gave off a soft glow, Rogue. What was it that you just did?" Hank demanded.

"I uh...I just calmed my self from having a panic attack."

"This is normal for you?"

"No...but when I was younger and my parents were thinking of geting a divorce, I was known for having them all the time."

He nodded. "Thats understandable, but do you know what's causing this now?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

Silence.

Frowning, Scott sighed. "Rogue, I know that you are protecting someone and wishing to not reveal what you know, so you do not hurt them. But this is harming you. We need to know, so that we could help you."
Blinking, tears gathered in her eyes. "You're the one person in this room that would be hurt the most. So answer me this, do you want everything that you have and believe to be true, torn away?"

Looking into her eyes, he frowned and shook his head. "No." Sharing a kiss with Jean, he walked out.

Once he was out, the tears fell. "I'll go."

"Are you sure?" Xavier asked.

Nodding and pulling up her sleeves to reveal scorched and marked flesh, she ignored the other's comments. "I need to leave and get help. If I stay here, I won't."

Glimpsing her arm, Storm frowned. "Whatever it is that you are not saying, cannot be worth your life. Even if you get help, you will one day return to whatever it is that's causing you such pain and may possibly permently injure or even take your life." Placing a hand on her shoulder, she sighed. "Please, Rogue I beg you. Tell me so I may help."

"I...I can't."

"Whatever you think you feel for this person can't be any real. If they can sit here and watch as you are steadily killing yourself and sit back and say nothing, then that indivisual don't diserve your loyalty. Tell me, is that something that you honestly feel is worth your sanity and possibly your life? They would rather watch you die, then to tell the truth to releive you of all the stress and pain you are in. You are too bright for all this and you know this is wrong."

Feeling the anger and rage at what she said boil to a front, Rogue jumped to her feet and stared her in the eyes. "You have no idea what I feel."

"Maybe I don't, but I want to. Talk to me. Why won't you tell us?"

Yanking the i.v.'s out of her arm and off her chest, she sighed. "Dont you get it, it's not my secret to reveal. They kept it and I'm not going to get in it more then I am."

"And what of you being hurt?"

"Then I'm going to be hurt."

"Even at the risk of your own health?"

Eyes hardening, she gave a jerk of a nod. "If that is what I wish, then yes. I will keep it at the risk of my health."

Shaking her head, Storm slowly exited.

Sighing, Xavier gave her hand a squeeze. "If this is what you truely want?"

"It is."

"Then I shall make all the prepreations. What day do you wish to depart?"

Releasing a breath, she sighed. "After the wedding."

Jean gasped. "What? You're in it and..."

"After the vows are said, I'm boarding the plane and leaving." She finished. "I do not wish to remain here longer and witness all that is to come."

"What do you mean?"

Glimpsing Logan, Rogue frowned. "You as well as everyone in this room knows what's wrong with me and why. They all know that consequences are coming, but tell me, are you ready for it?" With nothing else to say, she left the four in awkward silence.
**********************************************************
"What do you think?" Storm asked.

"It's beautiful." Rogue replied, from her position on the foot stool.

"Stop slouching, you will ruin the fabric." The taylor stated, as she added more pearls on Jean's dress.

Grudgingly standing, she folded her arms.

"Don't worry about her. She's a perfectionist." Storm
whispered in her ear, as she started to take off her heels. "Just one more day and she'll be married. It's sweet I think."

Facing her, Rogue raised an eyebrow.

"She and Scott known each other since they were fourteen. And as the years went by, they got closer. It's just, their love that they share makes you so envious and wishing for the same."

"Trust me, you don't want that." She mumbled.

"What was that?"

"You will and it will be stronger." She replied, as Jean gave her a look through the mirror.

Smiling, Storm walked off into the bathroom to redress into her casual clothes.

Sharing a few words with the taylor and seeing her out, Jean returned to where she was at. "You are mad and I understand why, but please don't ruin my wedding tomorrow."

Shaking her head and removing the heels, Rogue about laughed. "I maybe hurt, but I wouldn't do that to Scott."
"And me?"

Looking her dead in the face, her facade dropped and she was once more cold; as winter itself. "I could care less about you, Jean. You come off telling everyone right from wrong and look at what you're doing?"

"I don't have to justify myself to you."

"I'm not saying you need to. But you dare sit there and be the mediator between me, Bobby and Kitty monthes ago, and you're doing the exact same thing you told them not to do. You have no right to judge anyone." Hearing the door open, Rogue forced a smile on her face and headed for the bathroom. Just as she moved to pass Jean, she was pulled into a hug.

"If you mess something up tomorrow," she began to whisper in her ear, as Storm gave them both a warm smile. "I swear, I will make your life a living hell."

Pulling back and smiling, Rogue tilted her head. "Tomorrow will be beautiful, no question about it." Kissing her check, she gave her a hard look and headed for the bathroom.

Watching as she went, Jean got the feeling karma was going to start coming back full circle.
And tomorrow was a perfect day for it to start.
Chapter 5 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 5~

Watching from the window as all found their seats and gossiped below about the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Scott, she wanted to roll her eyes.

"It's almost showtime girls." The taylor voiced, as she began her rounds on checking the gowns.

Folding her arms as the persistant woman picked and tugged at her, Storm sighed. "If you tighten that anymore, I'm going to send you to the seven winds." She voiced, as her eyes started to cloud over.

Hands in the air, the taylor took a step back.

Shaking her head, Jean laughed. "Lighten up Ororo. She's just making sure that everything is fine and as it should be."

Biting her lip to remain silent, she gave Rogue a pointed look.

Shrugging, she settled and claimed a seat on the window ceil. Spotting something far off in the shrouded area of trees, she could've sworn she saw something. Blinking, it was gone. Shaking he head, she stood and slipped out of the stuffy room.

Once free of the taylor of a monster, she released a breath and decended the steps. Allowing her mind to drift to all she spoke with the Proffessor about her departure, she lost her footing.

Arms flaring out in an attempt to catch her, she found herself cuddled into something warm. Taking in a breath to try to still her rapidly beating of a heart, she froze at the scent that greeted her.

The wilderness of the woods, mixed with a hidden scent of desire.

Eyes snapping up to the man who boldly caught her, a major frown spread over her face.

Placing her on her feet and taking a step back, Logan eyed her. "You need to be careful, ki...Rogue." He stuttered at the last second.

Giving a tight nod, she remained silent.

"Look, I just want to say that I'm...Well, I'm very...." He sighed. "Awe hell, I'm sorry for all this and what's going on with you. "

She folded her arms. "Is that all you're going to say? Because after all that I've been through, I would think that you would have a whole speech ready." Raising her hand, she silenced him. "Just don't, Logan. I don't want to hear it and don't care. I have always been here for you and I'm plum tired of coming in second place. And especially to a woman that everyone think is impossible to do no good. No less have an ill thought."

Sighing, she turned towards the vace with white lillies and fingered the petals. "I have been patient and I'm done. I have been there for you during everything. I risked my life for you when you were abducted on a mission. I was there when you became consumed withe the fact that you wouldn't beable to find your past. It was me, and it continued to be me." Pausing, she faced him and the look in her eyes, stopped him cold. "I even lost a wonderful boy and pushed him away for something that I thought could be."

"Marie, I..."

"I'm not Marie no more and never will be again. That sweet southern belle, that you rescued and swore to take care of, is gone."

Frowning, he reached out for her. "Don't allow what happened to distroy our friendship."

Slapping his hand away, Rogue narrowed her eyes. "Friendship? Is that what you call leting me lose my mind?"

"I knew you wouldn't tell and in time would be okay and..."

"What if I cut my wrist too deeply and died? Would you and that bitch tell them then?" She about yelled, as some guests as well as students walked past.

"Yes. I wouldn't let it get that far and..."

"What of the wedding? Don't you think thats far? She is going to be commiting herself before God and cradling a lie?"

"That's her descion."

Shaking her head, Rogue reached into her purse and handed him a small box. "Like I said. I'm done with this lie and washing my hands of you... Goodbye, Logan." And with that, she walked off.

Frowning as she vanished around the corner, he opened the box and stilleed at what was inside.

His dogtags.
*************************************************
"And do you, Jean Grey, take Scott Summers to be your lawful and wedded husband?"

Looking into his face and seeing such love, she couldn't help the guilt that suddenly bombaded her. Blinking, tears fell. "Scott, I have to tell you..."

"Shush," he soothed, as he caressed her jaw. "Whatever it is, we can work through it. I love you Jean and I know that our love is beyond anything that you could have to confess."

"But I..."

"I don't care, Jean."

Blinking, she claimed his lips in a deep and seering kiss.

The paster smiled. "I'll take that as an 'I do'. I now give you Mr. and Mrs. Summers."

Standing and cheering, all greeted the newlyweds.

All except for two people who were nursing broken hearts and those with a heavy heart.
********************************************************
Watching as all entered the house, Rogue shook her head and moved to the side of the mansion, where her bags were being packed intos the car waiting her. Sighing, she looked back at the school that became a home for her. Allowing a tear to fall, she took her leave.

All the while, missing two sets of eyes on her person.
One from the top floor, as the other......the forest.
**********************************************************
Watching as Jean and wonder boy danced, cut the cake, kiss, and take picture after picture, Logan headed back for the steps.

"You know this won't end well."

Pausing, he eyed the blue furball. "What are you going on about now?"

Sighing, Hank placed his hands in his pockets. "The truth still has not been revealed. Thus when it is time for it to truely come out, there shall be more then just that one untold truth."

"And your telling me this, because?"

"A fair warning, my friend."

Rolling his eyes, Logan walked away. "Fuck off."

Continuing to his room, he missed the knowing look that crossed Hank's saddened face.
************************************************
Thanking all who placed all their freshly opened and new wedding gifts in their room, the two were off.

After a ride to the airport in a limo and a three hour plane ride to the Bahamas, Jean couldn't quite stop geting the feeling that something was about to happen.

Hours later after dancing and a party in their honor, the couple about collapsed into bed, she sighed. Just as she kiss Scott, she knew something was wrong. Pushing him back and making for the bathroom, she emptered her stomach's contents.

Sitting back and cleaning her face what seemed like hours, she found a frowning Scott in the doorway with his arms crossed.

"When was your last cycle?" He demanded.

"I don't remeber and..."

"Bullshit!" He yelled and grabbed her arm. Turning her around and forcing her to face him, he narrowed his eyes. "When?"

"Three months ago."

Eyes going wide, he took a step back. "I was gone on a mission for the entire..." Gaze instantly going hard and cold, he spun on his heels. "Pack your shit, we're returning home."

Watching as he stormed about the room regathering his belongings that he just put up, Jean felt such loathing for herself. Part of her knew that she was pregnant, but she hoped that he wouldn't do the math and figure it out. Cursing, she hurridly gathered her stuff.
**************************************************
Exiting the gym with his class, Logan smirked at the scent that blew in with the wind. Turning down a magnitude of different halls and coming to the mansion's front entrace, he smirked at the irritated and angered look on Scott's face.

Walking over and standing beside a frowning Xavier, he raised an eyebrow. "What stick got shuved up your ass?"
Eyes of pure loathing and anger narrowing, they landed on Logan. Without any word, he tilted his glasses. watching as he was shot backwards by his heatblast vision, Scott made to pound his face in. Just as he made a fist and moved to punch him, he was imobile.

"This is not going to undo what has been done." Xavier stated, as he held him still with his mind.

"What is going on?" Storm demanded, as Hank shook his head. "What aren't you all telling me?"

"It would seem that my wife has not only been gracing my bed, but his as well." Scott bitterly stated as the Proffessor released him.

Gasping, her eyes landed on Jean. "Why?"

"I...I just..."

"Gave into the lust that you always had for him." Her husband stated, and kicked the unconcious man in the gut. "But would seem it goes even deeper, now."

Hank frowned. "What do you mean, deeper?"

Turning, he gave his wife a pointed look.
Sighing, tears fell from her already puffy eyes.
"I'm pregnant."
Chapter 6 by inugoddesschild
Author's Notes:
This chapter continues the drama, but I decided to stick to the movies, yet I changed them. Just a heads up. and thanks for reading.
~Chapter6 ~

Looking down at the country that greeted her, a small smile graced her face. "I always wanted to travel."

Landing and entering the airport ten minutes later, she sighed. Looking around for the sign and man that was to be waiting, she paused as she saw her large black letters. Walking over and entering the throng of people, she paused at the rather tall and large man.

"You are Rogue, are you not?" His thick accent sounded.
Nodding and shaking his hand, she could only gawk at him.

"I'm Caro and I'm from Romainia. I have a growth inbalance that adds to why I am the size I am." He casually explained, as he took her bags and led her about.

Blushing, she looked down. "I'm sorry for staring. I just..."

"I'm use to it." He stated as they exited. Placing the bags in the trunk and opening the door for her, they soon were on the road.

Once they left the terminal and exited the freeway, she gawked at her surroundings. Taking it all, she smiled. "Is it always like this?"

Nodding, he made a left. "Yes."

"The humans don't bother you?"

"No. This rather large town, is very known for the mutants that take refuge here. Believe it or not, we kind of have our own government, that is ruled by mutants that help punish them. I know it sounds crazy, but the police would rather leave it to us, do to many of their numbers declining, as they tried to retreive a mutant criminal."

Eyeing him, she raised an eyebrow. "What's your mutation?"

Smirking and coming to a red light, he raised his hand and motioned to the lush green grass before her. Opening her mouth to speak, a rose blossomed.

"What's your name?" Pausing, she faced him. "I mean your code name."

Laughing, the light changed."Majestic, for I am hugh and larger than life, as well with gifting beautiful life."

"I like it."

Smiling and heading through a set of iron gates, he nodded. "I am pleased. And by the way, welcome to Frost Manor, where all are equal and never treated less."

Raising an eyebrow, she shook her head. "Were you told to
say that?"

Nodding, he continued up the gravel to the garage and parked. "Yeah. Emma tends to be greatly offended when her welcome ain't given properly."Exiting and walking around the car and opening the door, they headed for the mansion.
Just as he moved to use his key, it opened and revealed a stunning woman, with a warm smile.

"Thank you Majestic, I shall take it from here."

Giving a nod and a goodbye to Rogue, she was soon left
alone with her new makeshift Xavier.
*********************************************************
Groaning and sitting up, he rubbed his head. "What happened?"

Frowning, Hang eyed him. "You mean aside from the fact that you've been sharing close quarters and consumated a child with Jean?" He voiced, clearly angered.

Droping his hand, Logan frowned. "Consumated? Child? What the hell are you going on about, doc'?"

Sighing, he took a seat in the chair beside him. "It would seem, as you and Jean were making like bunnies, you two decided to make a third."

Words rolling around in his head, he gasped. "She's pregnant?"

Halnk nodded.

"Well wonder boy should be happy."

Shaking his head, he doubted the man's smarts. Hell, with all muscle, he must don't have one. "Logan, in the time it took her to conceive, Scott was away on his latest mission. So, that only leaves..."

"Me." He mumbled, as he rubbed his face with suddenly sweaty palms.

Nodding and standing, the massive furball headed out.

"Where is she?"

"I think that she's with the Proffessor. He would like to speak with you, so go see him. Now."

Finding himself alone, Logan felt a sudden weight on his shoulders. Not only did his little escapades with Jean ruin a young woman's heart and about took her sainity, he would now be a father.

Shaking his head, he slid off the med table and headed for Xavier's office.
*****************************************************
"I know that it is alot to take in, but we are not so different from Xavier and his school." Emma stated, as they walked the school grounds. "I would very much like for you to see Denmark as your home. Yes we have a team here that fights mutants and helps them, just as Xavier, but we have more of a freedom to be ourself here."

"What do you mean?" Looking over the gardens, she smiled.
Seeing the joy in her eyes, Emma sighed. "It's beautiful, isen't it?"

Nodding, she nelt and picked a flower. "Did Caro do all this?"

"Yes. To him, this is home. I cannot tell you how many times I find him sleeping or up late mending to it."
Settling on a bench, she sighed. "I wish to speak with you about the recent events that occured and led you to come here."

Frowning, Rogue folded her arms. "Didn't he tell you?"
"No and I rather he not. This is not something that he should tell. If I know, I want it to be from you."

"I...I found out that two of our teachers were sleeping together and I was thrown in the middle. I could've said something, but I chose not to. It caused me stress and my mutation was being effected by it, as well as my..."
Falling silent and pulling her sleeve up, tears welded in her eyes.

Standing and looking down at the marks, Emma frowned. "You cared so deeply for one of these indivisuals, that you took their deceit into yourself. And doing so, has not only caused you pain emotionally, but opened you to doing self harm. This is not the answer."

"I know, but it's so hard."

Raising an eyebrow, she eyed her. "This isen't the first time, is it?"

Pulling down her sleeve, she shook her head.

"When did this start?"

"After I ran away from home."

Nodding, she placed an arm around her and led her back towards the school. "This all steems back to your mutations and how it effected you. For you were a young lady who had it all and then in a blink of an eye, everything was taken away. That's alot to take on, as well as knowing that your human contact has made you keep distance from everything. That's understandable, but if you want help, you must be able to commit and give me one-hundred percent and beyond. Because if you are not willing to do so, you will fall back into self harm. So I need to know that you are willing to give your all."

Blinking and allowing tears to fall, she nodded. "I am. I really need help. I just....I didn't want to admit it before, but after all that happened, I need to stop
before it gets so bad that I actually take my life."

Pulling back and staring her in the eyes, her voice hardened. "You thought about taking your life?"
Looking down, Rogue hugged herself. "I...I'm not ready to talk about it yet."

Nodding, Emma opened the door for her. "Let me walk thorugh your new school schedule and show you to your room. Then we can discuss how we can go about helping you, as well as possibly geting you on the team that I have here."

Agreeing, the two entered the mansion.
***************************************************
Pushing the door and finding three pairs of eyes on him, he tensed.

"Please, take a seat." Xazvier called, as he bent over his desk.

Going towards the window and staring out, he gave a grunt.

"Okay, now that Logan has arrived, I think it's time that we discuss what has happened and what will be done." Turning, he gave the puffy eyed woman a sad smile. "I
know that you have always wanted children, but what do you want to do?"

"I don't know." Jean brokenly replied.

"Then think, because it's not just your life here we're taking about." Scott about growled.

Jumping, she faced him. "What do you want me to say? That I'll get rid of it?"

"Yes!"

Gasping, she came to her feet. "I don't believe in abortions and I thought you felt the same."

"Well, that changed when you decided to carry the seed of that beast!"

Logan growled. "Who you calling a beast?"

Narrowing his eyes, Scott stood toe to toe with him. "You must be, to get someone else's wife pregnant. Not to mention, push a girl to almost self destruct."

Shuving him and watching as he went falling about, he growled. "Don't you dare bring Marie in this. I know what I did was wrong and not to mention the fact that I allowed her to resort to self mutilation, to cope with the stress and pain it was causing her." Watching as he righted himself, he started to visibly shake. "I don't need you nor anyone to tell me how much I fucked up. I'm the one who has to deal with knowing 'I' drove her to this. So shut the fuck up and mind ya' own business bub."

Turning, he faced Jean. "Whatever descison that you make, I will fully support it. I never thought of being a father but if it comes down to it, I will stand by your side."

Opening his mouth, Logan shot Scott a look.

"And don't worry. I won't touch nor be evolved with her
ever again. The only thing that will connect us, will be the child that she carries. If it's aborted, then I'm out of your hair." Looking towards the Proffessor, he sighed and rubbed his face. "I'm going for a run. If you need me..." Touching his temple, the rest went unspoken.

Receiving a nod, Logan moved for the door. As he opened it, he gave pause and glimpsed Jean. "When you make up your mind, let me know."

"I will."

And with that, he left to clear his head.
**********************************************************
Placing the last of her clothes away, Rogue sighed.
"Bored, huh?"

Jumping and finding a short female in her doorway, she gave a small nod. "Yeah."

"Well, you should come down to the game room. That's the place to be, since Emma finally caved in and got it made...Wanna join me?"

Smiling, she nodded. "Sure." Closing her door, the two proceeded towards the steps.

"Oh, I'm Melody, but everyone calls me Gypsy." She calmly voiced, as they made a left and entered the living room. Heading for the next entrance, she frowned as a female waked over. "What do you want, Alice?"

Tilting her head, the blondish red head gave a mock fein of hurt. "Why everyting you see me, you think I want something?"

"Because you usually do."

Sighing, she moved to reply, but gave pause. "And who is this?"

"I'm Rogue."

Eyeing her, she turned and walked off. Confused, she looked towards Melody for an explanation.

"She's abit of a grouch and witch , if you know what I mean. She's really sweet, but she comes off like that at first until you get to know her."

Nodding, they entered the game room. Looking from the large flat screen tv to the multiple game systems strewn about, she smirked. But the one thing that caught her attention, was the pool table.

Following her gaze, Melody smiled. "I thought you would be one for the old arcade games that we have or the other game tables, but pool I didn't think you would like?"

"Why?"

"Well, you seem like the southern belles that I knew when I was in the states."

Frowning, Rogue hugged herself. "I was, before my mutation."

Nodding, she apologised.

"It's okay. Really. I would've never liked it, if it wasn't for me absorbing Logan's mem..." Closing her eyes and forcing the tears back, she frowned.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you remanence."

Releasing a breath, she forced a smile on her face. "Wanna play pool?"

Smirking, the two headed over for a game.
***************************************************
"How is she?"

"Better than can be expected." Emma calmly replied, as she watched Rogue and Melody become enthralled in their
game of pool.

"That's good to hear. I feared that after she left, she would remain cold and aloof."

"She is trying to keep her distance, but Melody won't let her. She is known for being over board, when she meet someone. But I actually see that Rogue likes her. I can see the two of them becoming very good friends."

Sighing, the man on speaker phone shifted through some papers. "That's good to hear. She will need a friend, for what's to come."

"So I take it that you know who will come for her, then?"
"No. The Proffessor thinks that it might be Magneto, but I doubt it. After what happened on Statan Island, he would need to rethink his plans."

Looking at the file before her, Emma frowned. "I think we may have given him an advantage, with the new change of scenery for the girl."

"What do you mean?"

"The one think that stood in his way from taking her was the X-Men, but most of all..."

"Wolverine."

"Exactly. So now that he isn't here, she's more fair game."

"We did not think of that. We needed her to leave, so she could heal. And I would say, she did just in time."

"What happened now?"

"It would seem that Jean is pregnant."

"Shit."

"My thoughts exactly. Well, we have alot to handle now, but if we find anything out about these people who want her, I will contact you."

Sighing, she smiled at the picture on her desk. "I will look forward to hearing from you. Oh, are we still on for later this month, Hank?"

Chuckling, she see the smile on his face. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Good. Talk to you later, my darling." Hanging up, she proceeded to leaf through the file before her.
*******************************************************
Finishing up with his workout later then expected, Logan headed for the kitchen. Entering, he found himself with company. Ignoring the stare on his person, he retreived a beer out of the kitchen.

"You and Dr. Grey, was that why Rogue had to leave?"
Growling, he narrowed his eyes. "Look here popsickle, you don't know what happened and..."

"You're the reason she started to cut again." Bobby matter of factly stated.

Placing his beer down on the island, he eyed the boy. "What do you mean, 'again'?"

"She been cutting herself since she ran away from home."

"She told you that?"

Nodding, he sipped his soda.

Leaning on the counter, Logan folded his arms. "Did you know that she lo...cared for me?"

Laughing, Bobby about choked to death. "Are you kidding me? It wasn't like she exactly hid it or nothing. Everyone knew."

"If you knew, why did you date her?"

Frowning, he shook his head. "Because, I thought that I could get to know her."

"Then what went wrong?"

"You."

Raising an eyebrow, Logan smirked. "What I do?"

"After you left, me and her got really close, but then you stopped by to talk to the Proffessor. That two days you were here, changed everything. I didn't see her unless we had class together. She was always with you, in her spare time. Going for your morning runs, then stopping by to see how you were doing whenever she could. Not to mention the fact that you took her that last night you were here to a bar."

Looking down at his can of soda, Bobby gritted his teeth. "And when you left, she was a mute for about a week until you sent her a postcard and a gift when ever you could. The point I'm making is, that night you took her out to the bar and claimed she was your woman, so some guy wouldn't mess with her, she never had time for
no one else."

Gulping the last of his beer, Logan frowned. "I never knew the depth of her feelings, for me."

"She worshipped the ground you walked on. If anyone mentioned you in any ill manner, they had to answer to her." Locking gazes with him, Bobby smirked. "You should've been there, when she and Jean got into it."

"She almost got her arm broken?"

He nodded. "Yup and that was when all the sass in Rogue came out. You would've never thought her to be a southern belle. Especially when they started to duke it out."

Moving to demand what happened, Logan picked up an unknown scent. Motioning for the kid to duck, he moved on the side of the cabnet. Within a minute, a man dressed in all black, a mask, and gun in hand entered. Before he could be seen, he slipped behind him and thrusted his claws through his chest. Feeling him go limp, he slowly laid him on the ground.

"Who is he?"

Shrugging and popping his neck, his other claws came
free. "I don't know, but I'm going to find out."

Frowning down at the dead body, Bobby took up after him.
Chapter 7 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 7~

Laughing as Melody and Alice argued over who would play her the next game, Rogue couldn't help but feel like her old self.

"I see you're finally enjoying yourself." Caro stated from his seat, where she stood.

Smiling she nodded. "I am."

"Thats good."

Watching as Alice took up her position and was readying the break the balls, all jumped at the sound of Emma's voice in the interscom speakers.

"Everyone return to your rooms right away and remain there, until further notice. All rescue teams and Rogue report to the briefing room."

Throwing the pool stick down and grumpling, alice along with the others sulked off.

"Follow me I'll take you to the briefing room." Caro stated as he stood.

Nodding, all soon exited.

Climbing into the elevator with him and six others, she sighed. Exiting, all turned and came to a large room. Taking a seat at the table, she followed Caro and claimed a seat near him.

"I have just been contacted by the X-Men and it would seem that they were under attack and need help." Emma calmly voiced.

"Is everyone alright?" Rogue demanded.

Shaking her head, she motioned to the screen behind her that came alive to reveal the mansion that loved as a second home, become over ran by what seemed like the government. Fires, small explosions, and shattered doors and windows were seen being broken into. But what made her gasp, was when she watched the children being taken. Spotting one that she knew, she felt tears threaten to fall.

"Jimmy."

Placing a hand on her back and watching as she jumped and shrank away from contact, Caro was confused.

"I was recently contacted by the select few X-Men that escaped. What we know now is, Jean, Storm and Scott was on a mission to retreive a mutant from Germany, but unfortuenly Professor Xavier was kidnapped. As for the rest...many have been captured and..."

"Logan? Is he..."

Emma shook her head. "No. "

Relaxing back in her chair, she listened and awaited further instructions.
*******************************************************
Three Hours Earlier.....

"Stay put." Turning the corner and pulling the soldier that appeared to be on guard into the shadows, Logan proceeded to slit his neck. Once more placing him on the ground, he motioned for Bobbt to follow.

Climbing the steps, they didn't encounter anything, but suddenly, a screamn was sounded that turned into a siren then died out. And all at once, the mansion was covered with frightened students running and seeking refuge.

Entering the hall and running, Logan wasted no time as he
took life after life. As he turned the next corner, he froze as Kitty phased through him.

Pausing, she turned and revealed tears. "Mr. Logan?"

"Where's Jubilee?" He demanded, as he listened for more soldiers, as he led them down the hall.

"They took her. They shot her with some sort of darts and she was out. They tried to shoot me, but I phased through the wall."

Nodding, they came face to face with a group of children. Looking towards the large teen he knew, Logan frowned. "What happened?"

"I don't know. I was just heading down for a glass of water, but was attacked." Colosis voiced, as he shifted his hold on the girl in his arms. "I saved the students that I could but..." Falling silent, he frowned.

He gave the steel plated giante a pat on the shoulder. "You did good. Do you know a way out of here?"

Nodding, Colosis took off in a dash. Heading off the group of kids, Logan smelt fire. Pausing he reached into the shadows. "You waiting to die for something?" Shaking his head, John joined them, as they headed for the emergancy exit.

Coming to a wall, Colosis gave it a hard push with his arm and it opened. Entering and leading the kids, he led them to safety. Just as Logan moved to follow after Bobby and Kitty, he heard his dog tag numbers. Turning, he found an old man and four soldiers staring at him from down the hall.

"You look well, my friend. Wish I could say the same." The man voiced, smirking.

"Who are you?"

"I'm William Stryker and I'm the man that made you who you are today."

Gasping, he took a step, but found a thick ice block before them. Placing his hand on it, he frowned. "No! Take it down."

"No." Bobby stated, as he added to it.

"I said..."

"We need you Mr. Logan. Please." Kitty begged."

Seeing his unknown past before him, he was torn.

"If you don't come, we might be next."

Releasing a breath, he rushed in the man whole and into the tunnels. Navigating their way by his sense of smell of the steel plated man, he soon found them in the forest. Trying to pick up the scent again, he was at a loss. Sighing, he led the kids north, to an old bar where he could no doubt hot wire a car.
***********************************************************
Present......

Taking a seat and starting up the jet, Scott frowned. "They are at Bobby's parents's house."

Nodding, Storm unbuckled her seatbelt and headed to their new passenger. Once he was done speaking in Germen, she took a seat beside him. "What were you just doing?"

"Praying."

She smiled. "You must have a strong faith, after all life has handed to you."

"You must, for if you do not, you will not overcome problems and your obsticles. They will control you and then, you shall struely be lost." His heavy accent sounded.

Frowning, Storm shook her head. "I lost my faith a long time ago and I'm not lost."

"You may think and feel that you are not lost, but truely you are."

"What makes you say that?"

Lifting his hand, he tapped her timple. "Your eyes. You have such pain and hurt there, that you are afraid to open up to another."

Blinking, she looked down as tears threatened to fall.

Turning back around in her seat, Jean looked to Scott. "I want to say that I'm sorry for all this and..."

"Sorry won't change the fact that you slept with Logan and now carrying his child."

Falling silent, she willed the tears that wanted to fall away.
***********************************************************
Reentering the house, Logan frowned as popsickle froze his mother's tea. Watching as the younger brother ran upstairs, he rolled his eyes.

"I can do more than that." He calmly stated.

Giving a slow nod, his mother gave John a scared look as he continued to play with the lighter. Watching as the flame got bigger and shifted into the letter of a 'J', she about ran for the kitchen.

Walking pass and flipping the lighter closed, Logan gave him a pointd look, while he claimed a seat.

"This is a lovely home, you have." Kitty voiced, in attempts to lighten the mood.

"Why thank you." Pausing his mother eyed her. "If I may be so bold, what is your...power?"

Smiling, Kitty crossed her legs. "I can phase through objects."

"You mean walk through?" Her husband asked.

She nodded.

Frowning even more, she narrowed her eyes. "So you are the one that Senator Kelly spoke of that could walk into a bank and..."

"Yes, but she would never do that." Bobby defended.

"I'm sure she wouldn't, but what's to say that she..."

"Silence." Logan growled, as he stood and his claws popped free. Ignoring the remarks they gained, he walked to the front door and stepped on the porch. Turning, he sensed movement and found a cop to his right.

"Drop the knives and let the family go." He ordered.

"I can't. Their apart of me." He calmly stated as, the three kids came out to join him.

Instantly three police cars pulled up and six officers stood at the car aiming for them.

"Lay on the ground and keep your hands where I can see them."The officer stated, as he slowly walked and stood in the front, but still to their right. Watching as the teens did as asked, his gaze fixed on Logan. "Put the knives down, or I will be forced to shoot."

Growling he put his hand up and moved to speak, but the bullet that found home in his skull silenced that.

Watching as he fell to the ground, all three teens gawked.

Huffing, John pulled out his lighter and quickly came to his feet. Manipluating the flame, he aimed a fireball at the police officer who ducked for cover and shot two fireballs for the police cars.

Watching as the officers scrambled to get out of the way and the cars exploded, Bobby quickly made a decison. Standing and stretching his hand out, ice raced across the lawn and coated the cars successfully putting the fires out. Seeing Kitty come to her feet beside him and touch his hand incase John decide to play target practice at them next, none noticed a reawaking Logan.

Righing himself and rolling his shoulders, he eyed the officer who shot him. Sensing something above, he looked up and spotted the jet that slowly descended. Looking at the still gawking teens, he gave them a look and they rushed for their ride. Stepping free of the porch and growling that the officer, he was pleased as he jumped. Turning, he walked towards the jet.

Pausing just before entering, Bobby looked at the house and frowned, as he spotted his parents coddling his brother. Tearing his gaze away, he finally understood the home that he grew up in and ran through as a kid, was no longer such. Entering the jet and taking a seat next to Kitty, he frowned at the blue skinned man. "Who's he?"

"I am..."

"Kurt." Storm voiced, fearing he would launch into his rather lengthy explanation. "He's a friend."

Nodding, Logan looked at the coordinates. "Where are we going?"

"Denmark. With all that occured at the mansion, we need help." Jean replied, as she frowned from the look Scott gave her. Ignoring it, she pressed on. "There we have a... friend who heads the school there and they have agreed to help us."

Taking note of the way she said friend, no doubt she had some venomosity towards the person. Sitting back, Logan awaited for them to return to land. Closing his eyes, he preyed he didn't get sick agian.
*****************************************************
Putting on the custom made team suite that Emma had made for her, brough a smile to her face. With the black leather pants that seemed more like rubber that gave a feminate flare at the bottom, she couldn't help but admire her legs. But what got her the most was the jacket. Underneath she wore a white tube top that revealed her rather nicely sculpted abs, if she do say so herself. The jacket zipped up, but onlu from the top of her stomach to the middle of her sternerm, where a nice section of her rounded clevege was revealed. The sleeves were the best though. Normally she would have to tear her clothes or strip out of her jacket to beable to use her mutation, but this time she had none, as biker fingerless gloves adorned her hands.

Grabbing her boots and slipping them on, she glimpsed herself in the mirror. Allowing her naturally curly and wavy hair to fall and frame her face, she smirked.

"If your done, let's go. They'll be here in minutes." Alice voiced, as she was applying her lip gloss.

Laughing and grabbing her hand and pushing Rogue on the back to leave, Melody sighed. "You two were admirring yourselves. You both got make-up on." She stressed as they entered the elevator.

Exiting a second later, Rogue sighed. "I never would do that before I just..."

"No need to apologise. We rubbed off on you."

Shaking her head at the blond, she frowned. Following all the other teams out towards the kitchen and through the double doors, they all walked the garden. Seeing a large metel gate with warning of electricity, Rogue gaped. "You have your own jet landing out in the open?"

Melody laughed. "Denmark supports us and we are part of the mutant police if you may." She explained, as they three shuffled through the teams and came out in front.
"Opening her mouth to reply, she promptly closed it as the jet landed. Feeling suddenly nervous, she lowered her head.

~Keep your head high and do not doubt yourself, nor what is to come. You must stay incontrol. If you don't, then fellow students may be harmed~

Looking up and spotting Emma who stood in her white ensomble proud and head high. Releasing a breath and straightening, she awaited them.

Once the door was open, out came Storm and some guy that she didn't know talking. Next cam Bobby, John, and Kitty who seemed rattled and she couldn't blame her. She
probably would've been the exactly the same. Then out last came an angry Scott followed by Logan who not surprisenly seemed mad at the world. But the one thing that confused her the most, was the last person, who seemed ready to break down.

Jean was hugging herself as bags were heavy under her eyes and she bore no make-up. Beyond that, she saw such sorrow which only ment one thing.

Scott knew.

Sighing, she wanted to feel bad for her, but her entire being was jumping with joy.

"Welcome to Denmark." Emma calmly voiced, as all stood before her. "I hope you had no trouble coming here."
Scott sighed. "We simply had to pick up Wolverine and the kids."

She raised an eyebrow. Looking from him to the other three males, her eyes found their mark. "So this is the Wolverine, I've heard so much about."

"What's it to you?" He growled.

Turning, she faced her teams as all took a step back, as one person remained rooted to the spot.

"Marie." Logan about choked, as he saw her. She seemed
so...warm, yet her face said something else, as he stared at her.

"Rogue, I would like for you to take your three friends inside so they may refresh in the dormatries." Emma voiced, finally seeing the coldness in her that Hank spoke of.

Nodding, Rogue walked over and as she passed him, she gave pause as she saw the look in his eyes. Before she could react, she was bombaded with a hug. Returning it, she looked away.

"After what happened, I thought I would never see you again."

Pulling back, she forced a smile. "Don't think like that." As she moved to lead them away, Caro walked pass her. Halting, she listened to what he had to say.

"There was a call from the states about Leo."

Emma froze. "And?"

"He was attacked."

"Is he...no, but he may."

"Where is my cousin?"

"He's on his way here, but no medical care could help him."

"Why?"

Sighing, Caro looked away. "Mage attacked him."

Balling a fist, her eyes landed on Rogue. "How far did you get with Xavier about transfering energy?"

Gasping, she shook her head. "I...No. I can't."

"Why?"

"In order for that I would need to drain someone, but they may die."

"What about a healing agent?" She voiced.

Looking to Logan, she lowered her head. "I can't."

Apearing before her, Emma jerked her chin up. "And why the hell not?"

"I just...I will see all that he has done and more. I can't handle it and..."

"If you allow my cousin to die, we will never know about the mutants thats after you, Rogue."

She frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"There are mutants out there that want you. We didn't know for what, but my cousin was sent to find out. Before he was attacked, he told me that he found out something more evolving your mutation. If you don't, then we won't know more about who is after you."

Releasing a breath, she frowned. "If I lose my sainity, you're the first one I'm coming after."

Nodding, Emma quickly got to preparing for what was to come.
********************************************************
Sitting once more on a medical table, Logan frowned as Rogue proceeded to look anywhere but at him.

Pushing back his hair from his pale face, Emma took a step back.

Unfastening her jacket and placing it on the table, she frowned as she found everybody gawking at her.

"You did that? All of that?" Storm voiced, tracing all the scars and markings on her back and arms with her eyes.
Releasing a breath, she sighed. "There's alot about me, you don't know."

"But to resort to self mutilation?" Logan found himself asking, as he got up and walked over to her.

Taking a step back, Rogue shrugged. "We all have our coping meganisims. Drinking and fucking random floosy women might be yours, so don't knock mine." Facing Emma, she frowned. "Are you ready?"

Nodding, she pulled a chair near her Leo's place on the med table. Giving Logan a look which he reluctantly obeyed, she gave her a smile.

Moving between the two men, Rogue released a sigh and touched touched their shoulders. Feeling herself take their life energy, she quickly closed her eyes and pulled for Logan's only. Finally blocking Leo's energy off and taking in Logan's along came the memories.

In her mind, she saw all the things he did. The cage fights. Women after women he took to bed. Geting so wasted, he couldn't even stand. Killind one mand and the next. Fighting Sabortooth. Meeting her through his eyes and how he felt.

Then came the things, she dreaded.

Him and Jean first teasing each other. Then the very first time she came to him on one of his visits as Scott was out and suduced him. Them being consumed by thier lust and falling onto the floor. After that, all their sexually encounters rushed past her. What gave her pause, was when she saw through his eyes how she hurt him. Then after her departure how torn and hurt he was over not comforting her and allowing her to keep the secret to herself. But all that shatterd at what she learned.

Jean was pregnant and carrying his child.

Allowing tears to fall, she removed her hand from him and heard a thump and people shuffling to help him. Pushing what she just learned to the back of her mind, Rogue forced the energy she just took to leave her and into Leo. Witin a minute, she felt drained. Releasing him and opening her eyes, she found tired grey eyes staring up at her.

"Thank you Rogue." Emma voiced, as she held her cousin's hand.

Righting herself, she turned and froze. Staring directly at Jean, she felt so much hatred in her being. It scared her.

Watching as her eyes narrowed and gave a small glow, Emma frowned. "Jean, move. Now."

Taking four large steps to the left, she narrowly missed the electric bolt that came down hard, where she once stood. Touching her heart that was beating rapidly, Jean gawked at the furious look on Rogue's face.

Grabbing her coat, she walked off without a sound.
Sitting up, Leo sighed. "If what they said is true, no wonder the government is after her."

"The government? Are you sure?" Storm voiced.

He nodded. "It would seem that all that has happened was their plan." Turning, his gaze landed on the still shocked woman. "They knew about you and Wolverine and used it to their advantange."

Scott frowned. "How do you know all this?"

"I went underscover in the United States government as a CIA agent and with my file that myself and my cousin had created, I was easily prepped and ran through the operation, since I played on my hatred for the mutant population, since cuz' here is well known."

"How did they plan to use me and...me and Logan?" Jean demanded, as her husband stiffened.

"They knew that Rogue was inlove with him, as well as eveyone here in the room. As you all know, Rogue's mutation is tied to her emotions more than average. They knew if she knew, her little control that she has over it
would allow them to maifest."

"She never had control."

He shook his head. "No, she did. You've all seen how strong her mutation has gotten since all was revealed to her. Even what she did was not promised."

Storm raised an eyebrow. "Why did you allow for her to do that to him, if there was a possibility it may not work?"
"Xavier told me that when she is under duress, she is more palable to control her gift. Whenever she is stressed or such, she gives her mutation more pull and power." Looking towards Jean, he sighed. "You need to stay away from her. If not, you may winde up dead."
"She woudn't..."

"When she transfered the energy to me, I got a glimpse in her mindd. After everything she saw in Wolverine's head, she wants your head. She saw everything, and that includes the argument you and loverboy slumbering had, when you called her out."

Paling as Scott faced herd, she lowered her gaze.

"Enough!" Storm yelled. "We need to find the Proffessor and rescue the kids. Do you have any leads on where he is?"

"I will use my version of Cerebro that I have." Emma stated as he gave her cousin a smile and walked off.
Swinging his legs around the table and standing, Leo streatched. "You go and clean up. You all need it." He calmly replied, as he too left.

Looking at his wife, Scott shook his head and stormed out.

Giving a sob, Jean burst into tears.

Feeling sorry for her, Storm wrapped an arm around her and together the two walked out.
Chapter 8 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 8~

Exiting the elevator and entering the kitchen, Rogue dropped her jacket on the tiled floor and stepped outside. Feeling the rain on her face and wash away all the pain that she felt, the tears came undone.Hands on the railing, her shoulders violently shook.

Knowing that he and Jean slept together made her want scream and hate them, but add in her carring his baby, all hell was sure to errupt.

Throwing her head back and screaming, lightening rained down all over the estate.
*************************************************************
Watching as more and more lightening continued to fall, Storm and Emma frowned.

"How long will she keep this up?"

Emma shrugged. "I don't know. Can you cancel it out with your own ability?"

Shaking her head, Storm sighed. "I been trying, but the anger that she is emanting, is driving her for dominance over me."

"We can't let her continue this."

Storm agreed. "The only person that she would listen to, is the very one who brought all this on."

"How close were they?"

"Honestly?"

Emma nodded.

"We all thought he was biding his time until she was legal, but as him and Jean teased one another more often, we saw it for what it was. He was merely concerned and keeping his promise to her, that he would take care of her."

She raised an eyebrow. "Did none of you ever take into account that the beast that he has inside is what leads him back to her?"

Leaning forward, Storm glimplsed the file on her desk before she placed it in one of the drawers. "Why are you so facinated with Wolverine?"

Tilting her head, Emma's gaze hardened. "Why do you ask?"

"The file was the size of a dictionary."

Leaning back in her chair, she gave a sigh. "Let's just say, I know more about him than any of you could imagine."

"You know about his past?"

"As well as one of your X-Men."

"Who?"

"That is not for me to say. I have my own reasons for my intrest in him."

Accepting that she wouldn't tell more, Storm sighed."When can you use Cerebro?"

"Now." Standing, Emma excused herself.

Nodding, her gaze landed on the sky that mirrored the one lost to her pain.
************************************************************
Feelind the rain mold and caress her face, Rogue slid to the ground and hugged her knees to herself.

"Need a friend?"

Looking up, she found Kitty kneeling before her. "No. Just go."

Frowning and ignoring the rain soaking her freshly changed clothes, she took a seat beside her. "I bet you were scared when you first came here. It's different and you're new here. If I was in your shoes, I would've..."
"How could he." Her broken voice sounded.

"It will get better." Releasing a breath and wrapping an arm around her bare shoulders, she sighed. "I know it's hard to imagine, but it will."

"She's carrying his baby."

"You wouldn't want to switch shoes with her and..."

"That's the thing, I would."

Seeing the honest and truth in her eyes, Kitty sighed. "How far does your feelings for Logan actually go?"

"I would die to be in his arms and kill to switch places with any woman he takes to bed."

"But why him?"

Turning her face up towards the sky, a small lazy smile streatched across her lips. "Even after that first night when he stabbed me and I took his healing mutation and about killed him, he never feared touching me. I would never want to be with someone that didn't see me back then, as they would if I was able to touch. And I know with Logan he would care for me and how I'm effected first. I never wanted to admit it out loud, but I'm in love with him and I guess I always will be."

"That's understandable, but..."

"No buts, Kitty." Standing and releasing a breath, the storm suddenly came to a stop and the stars became visable. "I can't just move on and start something, until I can stop saying 'what if'."

Coming to her feet, she nodded. "And the baby?"

"I don't know...I'm going to head in. You should do the same." Turning, she walked off.

"I never wanted this."

Jumping and piviting on her feet, Kitty placed a hand on her heart. "Mr. Logan, you scared me."

"Sorry kid, never intended to." Moving towards the railing where his Marie once stood, he took in her scent and smiled.

"May I ask a question?"

He nodded.

"Did you ever think of Rogue as more than a 'kid'?"

Looking out at the massive puddles, he sighed. "Truthfully?"

She nodded.

"Yes. I once did."

"Then what stoped you when she became legal?"

Facing her, Logan raised an eyebrow. "You have alot of questions."

Daring to take a step, she stared him dead in the eyes. "This all could've been avoided, if you didn't fear what everyone thought. So you make me question, if you cared enough for her to begin with."

Jerking back as if slapped, he narrowed his eyes. "Don't you dare question how much I care for her."

"So you still do?"

" Yes and I never will stop."

"Then why didn't you tell her!" Kitty yelled, out into the night.

Releasing a breath and allowing all the anger and tension to leave him, Logan said the one thing that made her rethink all she thought she knew.

"Xavier and his threat to kick her out."
*********************************************************
Entering the sub-basement, Emma motioned all in the briefing room. Once all were settled, she began.

"I have used Cerebro and I located Xavier." Pausing and taking a step to the left, the rather large computer screen showed a damn.

"There's nothing there." Logan stated.

She shook her head. "There's nothing on the surface, but underground is a lab and tunnels ran by a man, named William Stryker. He is...."

"I will deal with him."

Storm frowned. "We all want a piece of him for all that he did, but..."

"He is the reason I have animanium in my body." He growled, as his claws extended.

Gasping, the students who were present shrank back from him.

"Trust me, I understand more than anybody." Emma stated. "But back to what I was saying, Stryker has taken Xavier so he may wipe out the mutant race."
Scott folded his arms. "Is that possible?"

"Yes. The Proffessor can lock on to all the mutants or humans, if he chose and killed them with a mere thought."

Jean added. "He is that strong."

"Stryker is using his son's telepathy gift to aid him in doing this." Emma finished.

"How are we geting in?" Bobby inquired.

"I will have Rogue enter and open the flood gates for us to enter."

Immediately, the room errupted into chaos.

"Silence!"

Promptly closing their mouths , all eyes landed on the figure at the far left of the table.

"I want to hear this plan out."

Giving Rogue a nod, she continued. "In her stay here, she has absorbed one of my students abilites to shapeshift and she will use that to get in."

"Who will she change into?"

Giving Scott a wicked smile, Emma winked at her.

Closing her eyes and releasing a breath, Rogue felt her skin begin to crawl. Feeling her body finish with a select few adjustments, she opened her eyes.

"Amazing. I didn't know she could master another's mutation so easily." Storm stated, touching her pointy hair.

Logan scoffed. "Me? You think Stryker won't release a fake?"

"Hopefully, she will have enough time to get past and make it to the control room."

"You seem to have awefully alot of faith in her?" Jean challenged.

Unfazed, Emma raised an eyebrow. "A matter of fact, I do. Is that a problem?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"She is a only a kid and has never been on such an extreme mission. She needs to sit this out, or help in another way."

"You didn't think I was a kid when you punched me a good one to the face." Rogue challenged as she took a step and shifted back to herself. "If I recall correctly, you called me a 'whore'?" She about growled, as Caro blocked her from reaching the red head.

Folding her arms, Jean smiled. "You are the one that dared to leave the guys' rooms at a late hour. I couldn't help but notice."

Rolling her eyes, she shook her head. "We were drinking. The guys would steal a couple of beers and blame it on Logan."

He raised an eyebrow at that, as he rethought how many times him and wonder boy got into it over swiping his beer.

Jean went quite.

"And after we enter, we will spit up into teams." Emma voiced, as a 3D hollogram appeared in the middle of the table. "Storm and Nightcrawler will take the west tunnels and gather Xavier from where he is being kept." Pushing a button, the map of the tunnels changed. "Here is the northern tunnels that will lead to an emergancy exit. I want Kitty, Bobby, and Gypsy making sure no one leaves. Knock them unconcious if you must. Also in this part of the tunnels, is where the children will be kept. Myself and Scott will handle them." Once more pressing a button, the map changed. "Here, Rogue will be waiting for her back up. Majestic and Wolverine will meet her at the control room and together, I want you all to gather any documents that talk about the experiments and mutant activity. Once everyone's job is done, make your way back to the jet that will be waiting."

Jean frowned. "What about me?"

Emma folded her arms. "Sorry, but in your condition, you are no use. If you become injured, you risk miscarrying.
I don't want that on my concious."

Mumbling under her breath, she sat back and listened as more discussion about the mission was shared.
**********************************************************
Jerking upright, Rogue felt tears cascade down her face. Fixing her face and glimpsing the clock, she groaned.

Three forty-one.

No way ws she going back to bed. Sitting up and heading for the door, she stiffled a yarn. Silently closing the door behind her, she quietly decended the steps. Upon entering the kitchen, she froze.

Placing his beer down, Logan gave a small smile. "You're up early."

Sighing, she made move to return to her room.

"Marie, don't go. Please." He desperatly called out.

Haulting and facing him, she entered. Retreiving a glass out of the cabnet and pouring a glass of milk, she popped it in the microwave. All the while, he remained silent and observing her.

"Are you done staring?"

Jumping and looking at his beer, he sighed. "I wanted to talk to you, but I didn't know what to say and..."

"Then don't." She bit out. "Because it won't change a thing."

"I know it won't, but I need you to know that I'm sorry about all this."

Narrowing her eyes and pointing to her arm that was still coated in a small line of blood, she tilted her head. "Sorry won't take away the pain."

Moving towards her and moving to grab her arm, he opted for tracing the mark with his eyes. "Popsickle said that you use to cut, but stopped?"

Sighing, she gave a small nod. "I should've known he wouldn't keep it to himself."

"What made you stop?"

Looking him dead in the face, she frowned. "You."

"Me? How?"

Taking two steps back and leaning on the counter where her milk waited, she folded her arms. "After you boarded that train and promised to take care of me. I knew you would make sure I had all I wanted and you did."

"And when you found out about me and Jean, you started back up again?"

She nodded.

"Look, I never knew that you lov..."

"Don't. I don't want to hear it." Grabing her glass of warm milk, she faced him. "It's in the past and it's best that it remains there. You have a baby to think about." And with that, he found himself alone.
*******************************************************************************
Looking out the window, he sighed.

"You alright over there?" Emma casually asked, while she continued to check the radar for oncoming objects.

"What do you think? My wife's been cheating on me and now carrying another man's child." Scott bitterly voiced, as he steered.

"Miserable and I completely understand. But you need to talk to her about what your relationship."

Puting the jet on auto pilot, he faced her. "You think this is karma, for what we did back in the day?"

Smiling, she shook her head. "No. Jean was just curious about the common bad boy and got caught in the middle."

"You honestly believe that?"

"Yes. And we were a different story."

"What you mean?"

"I didn't come onto you, until you and her were on a break. You were fair game and that's the major difference. She slept with Wolverine because she wanted to know what it was like and got lost. It's her fault for all this. "

Falling silent, Scott cut the auto pilot off and returned
to pioneering the jet.
***********************************************************************************
"So you think of coming back?" Kitty asked, as Bobby held her hand.

Looking from their touching skin, she shook her head. "Honestly, no."

She frowned. "You now Jubes miss you."

"I know, but I..." Falling silent, she unstrapped her seatbelt and moved towards the back window. Glimpsing out of it, she gasped. "On coming missel!" She yelled.

Finding a moving object on the screen before her, Emma gave Storm a look.

Nodding, her eyes glossed and they entered a cloud of fog.

"John." Scott called.

Standing and moving to the jet door that was opening, he shot a fire ball out. Retaking his seat, all relaxed as the missel followed. As Rogue turned and made for her seat, there was a sudden hit to their left. Falling, she tried to come to her feet, but found a strong wind pulling at her. Turning and spotting the hole in the back of jet, she gasped. Looking up and locking gazes with Logan, she reached out for him.

But before she could get a good grip, she was pulled out of the jet.

Watching as she went sailing through the hole, his heart stopped. Reaching up, he struggled to unfasten his seatbelt. Out the corner of his eye, there was a blue puff of smoke and the smell of sulfer. Ignoring it, he moved to stand. But just as he came to his feet, another smoke screen appeared and out of that appeared two figures.

Holding on to him with a death grip, Rogue said a silent thanks to all that were hearing. Feeling the jet land, she released a breath and stood. Releasing a breath, she gave the blue skinned man a smile. "Thanks."

"It t'was n'thing ." Kurt kindly stated.

Smiling and having the group come up and share a few words, Rogue soon found herself alone with Logan.
"You kinda gave me a me a heart attack, kid."

"Sorry I just..." Feeling strong arms around her, she
tensed. Turning, she released a breath and smirked. "I'm fine, no need to squeeze me tod death again." She lightly teased.

"You scared me." Caro stated, as he set her back on her feet.

"I'm sorry."

"No, I am sorry. I am to always have your back and tonight I let you..."

"No you didn't. No one knew there was going to a missel and could've expected what was going to happen next." She calmly replied. Raising her hand and squeezing his bisep, she smiled. "I know you will always be there and that's why I wanted you as my partner."

Nodding, he walked off to join the others near the fire.
Narrowing his eyes on the brute, Logan's attention zoomed in on her.

Spotting the all known raised eyebrow and silent question, she sighed. "He's a friend, so calm down."

"I don't like him."

"And I don't care." Turning, she tried to pass him. Taking a step to the left, he blocked her path. "Logan, just let it go and..."

"No." He about growled.

Taken back, she frowned. "And why not?"

"We need to talk."

"I don't want to hear..."

"I'm sorry for everything that happened and I just..Hell, I'm sorry for puting you in that situation." He mumbled. "I just...I knew you wouldn't tell and I'm sorry for not saying anything, until it was too late."

Releasing a breath, she shook her head. "Sorry won't take back the pain and my mental breatkdown."

Moving closer, he frowned. "I wish you went through that again."

Folding her arms, she looked away. "I should've known that Bobby would've said something."

"What caused you to stop before?"

"...You..."

"Me? How?"

Facing him, she sighed. "After you said you would take care of me that day on the train, you gave me something to live for."

Brushing her hair back and out of her face, his eyes turned soft. "I will and that won't never change."

"And what about the baby?"

"Let me worry about that."

She shook her head. "I don't need you."

"But I need you."

Opening her mouth to reply, she found herself silenced as his lips claimed her's in a deep and soul shattering kiss.
Pulling the resisiting girl closer to him, Logan lightly bit her lip. Moaning, Rogue melted under his touch. Just as he got her to open her cavern and moved to explore, her mutation began it's pull. Jerking back, but keeping her in his arms, he leaned his forehead against her covered one.

Releasing a shaky breath, she was speechless.

"I always cared for you, Marie. And back then before I chose to act, I was told it was wrong. I'm sorry, for everything. Give me a chance to make it up and see where we can go." He huskily voiced, as his gloved hand caressed her jaw.

Closing her eyes, she took a step back and out the shelter of his arms. Sighing, she gave him a sad look. "I...I just can't do this." Turning, she passsed him.

Reaching out, he cought her arm. "At least think about it."

Nodding, Rogue swiftly exited the jet.

Growling, Logan regained control of his emotions and did the same.
************************************************
Watching as her new student took a seat along side Caro, Emma frowned. Hearing slight stumps, her attention returned to a frowning Wolverine. Shaking her head, she sighed.

"We were hit and the jet needs to be fixed. It should only take a few hours and we can continue to Alkali Lake."
Standing, Caro frowned. "It will at least take a four hours, since I don't have a small laser and..."

"Scott?"

Raising an eyebrow, he saw the silent question. "I'll help you."

Nodding, the two men walked off, back towards the jet.

"Where did you get that mark from?" Storm voiced.

Facing her, Kurt frowned. "What mark?" His accent sounded, gaining all attention.

"On your neck."

He shrugged. "This I do not know. I have hard times remembering."

Looking towards Emma, she frowned.

Standing and walking over, she claimed the log beside him. "I am gifted with telepathy. I can look in her head and see what happened, that you can not remember. May I?"

Nodding, the two became lost to the world.

Coming to her feet, Rogue turned and entered the forest.

Watching as she went, Logan moved to follow, but Kitty and the Melody female ran after her. Growling to himself, he sat back down.
*******************************************************
Walking in a daze, she about tripped over a fallen branch.

"You alright?"

Turning, she found both girls eyeing her. "Yeah, just thinking."

Taking up on her left, Melody looped her arm through hers. "Wanna talk about it?"

Looking down at the ground, she fell silent.

"He told you then, didn't he?" Kitty voiced.

Head jerking in her direction,s eh frowned. "He told you?"

Nodding she sighed. "After you left me in the aftermath of your storm, he appeared."

"He heard everything?"

"Yeah."

"Then what stopped him from telling me years ago?"

Pausing, she raised an eyebrow. "Think about it. Who had the most influence and power at the mansion and no one
would think ill of."

Eyes going wide as saucers, she felt confused on all she thought she once knew.

"Proffessor."
*****************************************************
After all was said and done, Emma found her gaze landing on Logan. Sighing, she walked over.

"What do you want?" He bit out, as he bit his beef jerky.

"Is it true you don't recall nothing from your past?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Why do you ask?"

Releasing a breath, she pulled out a picture. Watching as his eyes widdened, she frowned. "You don't remember her, do you?"

"Who is she?"

Running a finger over the smiling brown head, she felt tears gather in her eyes. "Kayla. She was my older
sister."

Eyeing the smiling male in the picture, he frowned. "Was?"

"She died years ago." Facing him, she frowned. "You don't remember me, do you?"

"Should I?"

Closing her eyes, she turned away and stared off into the forest. "Years ago, I was kidnapped by Styker and he..."
"The same Stryker that did this to me?" He demanded, as his claws came sprawling out.

She nodded. "I don't know everything, but Kayla worked for him to free me. At that time he was taking mutants and studying our mutation. He even didn mutations. Stryker put Kayla on a mission to befriend and keep an eye on you, since you left the group. After that, all I know is that you saved us and that was the day I met Xavier." Facing him, she revealed a tear streaked face. "I wanted to know how she died and it's in your mind. If you want to know about your past, then permit me to enter you head."

Looking down at the picture one last time, he nodded. As she touched his temples, he a movie of his paste ran through his mind in a blink of an eye.

He saw him killing his birth father then finding out him and Victor were brothers to running away and fighting in all the past wars. Next came Victor becoming currupt by the power and then being jailed, that soon followed with how they met Styker. After that, it all became a blur until he left the group of mutants and found Kayla.
She was his all and what kept him from believing he was a beast. Then her fake death and him crawling back to Stryker for the animanium and escaping, when he threatened to clean his memories. The old couple who passed, made him think of his own parents, or rather who he thought were his parents. Him killing Zero and declaring coming after Stryker. Then a nother blur of events, until he leapt free of Gambit's plane and entered the island's facility.

There, he once more felt all the betrayal over what Kayla did and when he came back to save her from dieing at the hands of his brother, Sabortooth. They fought and as he was going to kill him, it was Kayla that reminded him he wasn't an animal. Then together they freed the children and as they exited Dead Pool, a.k.a. Wade blocked their path.

After fighting and taking him out with his brother like in the old days when they had each other's back, he came across Kayla. Promising to take care of her and picking her up, she soon fell to the ground as Stryker shot him with an animanium bullet. Placing her down and approaching, he was soon shot in the skull three times, that successfully knocked him unconious.

When he came back, he had no memory of himself and Gambit led him away. But before they exited, he spotted the fallen woman dead on the ground. Stating he didn't know her, they were gone.

Droping her hand, Emma gave a small smile. "She knew she was shot and let us go so we wouldn't be cought. She was my hero, even till the day she died." She mumbled as she eyed the picture of her smiling sister.

"You and one eye, I saved you both."

She nodded. "He don't remember I think though."
Shaking his head, one fact scared him the most. "Sabortooth's my brother."

Seeing the dismay on his face, she couldn't hold the smile that graced her face. "You have alot to sort through and...thank you. I finally know the truth."

Watching as she walked off, Logan had a major headache.
Chapter 9 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 9~

Flying through te mist that covered them, everyone's mind was elsewhere. Landing not far from the dam, all exited.

"Rogue, your on."

Giving Emma a nod, she released a breath and shifted into Logan, she sighed. Opening her eyes, she raised an eyebrow. "Well?" Her heavy and masculine voice sounded.

Scott smirked. "If I didn't know better, I would think you were the ass whipe for real."

"Cram it four eyes." The real Logan growled.

"You know what to do?" Emma called, as all went silent.

Nodding, Rogue turned and took off running. As she vanished around the corner, all couldn't stop the uneasiness that ran through their minds.
****************************************************
"The children."

Pushing a button, the screen above them changed.

"We shall take the one in the yellow coat and test on of the new stun guns on her."

Nodding, the man at the computer frowned. "It's not done yet."

"Exactly. I wish to test and see if it effects her mutation, before we move on to the next phase."

Smirking, he pulled up infor on the stun gun. As they continued to talkn on the trial, the man to their left called out.

"Stryker, we have a problem."

Walking over and viewing the screen, he smirked. "Seems our boy wants tos come home. Send out the retreivial unit to chain him and bring him in the compound."

Nodding, all exited to enter the forfront on the tunnels.
****************************************************
Watching as a door on the left that was shadowed in the walls of the tunnel opened, she released aa breath.

"Stay where you are, mutant. Any sudden movements and we shoot." One of the five men stated, as they neared.

Raising an eyebrow in clear Wolvering style, she allowed then to cuff her wrist and notted the change of metel on her wrists. Once she was secured to their liking, the large dam doors opened before her. Being nudged in the back, she followed behind the two leading her.

Entering and finding about twenty men scattered about and guns aimed her way, she smirked. "All this for little oh me?"

"Shut-up mutie." One of the soldiers called, as she was led around the room and down the setps.

Spotting the room up ahead that was blocked by ten new men that entered, she cursed. From the picture she was shown earlier, Stryker was sizing her up. Glimpsing the soldier to her right, she released a breath and prepared for what she was going to do.

"Thats not Weapon X."

The man to his right frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I think I would know if that was my experiment. Now shoot it."

Hearing enough, Rogue quickly changed back they way she was and grabbed the solddier to her right, she grabbed his gun it it's holster and began to fire. Watching as the men guarded and moved Styker to the side, she kicked the man who took the brunt of the assult of fire arms. Seeing her chance, she made a mad dash for the control room.

Being shot in her left arm and shoulder, she cried out, but continued to pump her arms. Pushing the pain to the side, she frowned as the doors ahead of her began to close. Holding her other hand out, lightening struck the doors. Watching as they froze about twelve inches apart, she silently thanked Leo and squeezed through, right before it closed.

Hitting the button on the computer to lock it down from the inside, Rogue released a breath. Opening the dam doors and placing the ear piece in her ear, she fell to her knees weezing to breath.

"I'm in and the dam is open."

"Are you injured?"

"Yeah, but I'll be fine." She voiced and unzipped her sleeves to gasp at the bloody flesh.

"What's wrong?" Emma demanded.

"Nothing...I...I'm fine. I'm just...Logan's healing is geting rid of the bullets." There was sudden growling in her ear.

"They shot at you?"

"I'm fine. Now get in here, before they close the doors." Hearing more growling, there was soon orders heard over the frequency.
********************************************************
All rushing the doors, everybody soon found themselves busy and in a fight.

Ramming his claws through two soldiers that dared to shoot at him, Wolverine growled. Shiftidng his hand and allowing the vine to find home around a soldier's neck, spikes sliced through flesh. Summoning it back, Majestic watched as they fell to the ground and moved on. Turning and finding the giant at his back, the two nodded and headed straight for the control room, where they were to meet up with Rogue.

Soaring through the air and summoning wind, Storm swept three soldiers back with the wave of her hand. On the other hand, Nightcrawler was lost in his own fight. Appearing and disappearing as he delivered a kick here and punch here, his enemies were soon laid out unconcious.

"Kurt?" She called.

Looking up and spotting her exiting the entrance, he took up after her.

Firing his obtic blast soldier after soldier, Scott frowned. "The children, Emma."

Nodding and allowing her diamiond skin to diflect another bullet she released a physcic blast and sent them falling to the ground. Turning, together they made for the west tunnels.
*******************************************************
Looking towards the door, he sighed. "This blows. Their having all the fun down there."

Gypsy shook her head. "No position is boring. It just matters when action must be taken." She calmly reasoned.

Kitty laughed. "To tell the truth, I would be just fine staying in the jet."

"Your name shoud've been 'Scardycat' instead of Shadowcat." Iceman teased.

Narrowing her eyes, she popped him in the head. "Oh shut-up."

"Seems like you got your wish." Gypsy stated, as she kicked the soldier that was running blindly for her.

Cursing, he summoned his ice and charged the group of humans exiting the compound.
************************************************************
Pushing a few buttons on the computer, she had all the camera around the facility before her on the large screen. Spotting Logan and Caro arrive at the door, she opened it. "Now that your both here, make sure you let the others know if you see anything coming their way. I'm going to hack the system and see what I can find." She stated, as she once more closed and locked the door down.

Nodding Caro took her seat and started to give directions to the others. Glimpsing her torn sleeves that were now open and caked in dried blood, Logan frowned.

"You okay?"

Nodding, she pulled up a file on experiments. "Yeah. The healing factor kind of helped." She stated as she downloaded it onto her flashdrive.

"We won't much time." Caro voiced, as Storm and Nightcrawler were once more engaged into a fight. "Everyone is acting fast and...."

"Where's Styker?"

Looking over the mini screens, he pointed the the middle one. "Sector five. I think thats in the west tunnels."

Nodding and hitting the green button, he ran for the now opending doors. Moving to follow after him, she found a hand on her arm.

"Don't. We need to do what we came for." Caro voiced.

Sighing and reluctantly agreeing, Rogue returned to what she was doing."
*************************************************************
Diflecting the bullets with her diamond skin, Emma frowned. "Are you in yet?"

Turning the intensity of his visor up, Scott frowned. "Just another minute. This steel door is thicker than the others."

Nodding, she sent a physcic blast out and looked towards the small crater that was beisng created. "Just blast it."

"No. I don't want to harm the children."

Closing her eyes and sensing ahead, she released a breath. "Do it. Their below in some sort of container."

Nodding, he fired away. Watching as the door went flying backwards, they quickly entered and went about helping the children.
******************************************************
Kicking the last of the soliders, Kurt faced her. "Now what?"

"The Proffessor is behind this door, but it's a replica of Cerebro we have at the mansion."

"What does da' mean?"

Facing him, she frowned. "Only he can open it, because it has an eye recognition programmed into it."

"I can only go where I have been before, for I may teleport to somewhere that will harm me."

"You must. And I need to go with you."


"But I have neva' had another with me, as I teleported."

Placing a hand on his shoulder, Storm smiled. "I have faith in you."

Nodding and pulling her into his arms, Nightcrawler began a prey in his native tongue. Closing his eyes, his mutation came alive.

Feeling the ground once more under her feet, Storm opened her eyes and looked around. Finding the a man in a wheelchair, who she stook to be Stryker's son, she moved to the proffessor. As she took a step, her head began to ring. Falling to one knee, her gaze landed on the man in the wheelchair.

Narrowing her eyes, they clouded over. "It's about to get a bit cold in here." And with that, the room's temperture drasticly fell. As the room took on a frosty exterier on the walls, the man started to shake. Still feeling the ringing in her head, she pushed on. As an artic wind swept over them, did she finally feel her head not on the verge to explode.

Coming to he feet and going to the Proffessor, she found him staring up at her.

"Where am I?"

Releasing a breath, she smiled. "Not at home, I'm afraid." Pausing she held her hand out. "Kurt?"

As too smiling and taking her out streteched hand, the three vanished in a puff of smoke.
****************************************************
Turning down the hall with the children in two, Emma froze. "What are you doing?"

Pausing in his run, Logan frowned. "I'm going after Stryker."

"What about Rogue and..."

"They will be fine. Once they are done, they know to exit the way that they have entered." Turning, he once more took off in a dead sprint.

Shaking his head and carrying on of the smaller children, Scott sighed. "We need to get them out. Now."

Nodding, they headed for the nearest exit.
**************************************************************
Downloading the name and government officials that funded this little experiment, Rogue stood. "Let's go."

Pushing the red button that was coverd, Caro nodded. "We have ten minutes to get out of here before the dam explodes."

Nodding, the two headed for the dam's entrance.
*************************************************************

Pausing and lifting his nose, he cought the scent. Turning around the next corner and making a left, he found himself in a familiar room. Looking at the claw marks, a memory ran throiugh his his mind.

"This is where it all began."

Looking to his right, he found Stryker standing next to a woman.

Motioning towards the glass rectangle filled with water, he smirked. "I recall a certain mutant once laying there. But now, I find myself with something better." Looking at the woman beside him, he took a needle out his pocket and placed two drops of some liquid on the back of her neck. Watching as she rolled her shoulders and a popping sound was heard, he smirked. "Meet Weapon XI."

Eyes going wide, Logan could only stare at the woman.

"Well, I'm going to leave you kiddies to get acquainted. I have a plane to catch." And with that, Stryker ran up the steps and down the hall.

Moving to follow, he found himself thrown into the pillir. Slowly coming to his feet, he rammed his claws into her gut. Pleased, he was soon greeted with her feet, as she politeloy stepped onto his knees and removed them. Tilting her head, she did a back flip and doubled kicked him in the face.

Coming to his feet, he gasped as ten finely tipped and longated nails extended from her hands. As she took a swipe, he blocked and slashed her face. Watching as it healed right before his eyes, he missed her other hand that tore into his stomache. Lifting him, she through him.

Landing above the water in the steel like cage front, he struggled for air. Hearing her nearing, he grabbed the rod like thing hooked up to a cord, he rammed it into her abdonmen. Hitting the switch, the liquid form of antimanium emptied into her. Watching as it ran free from her eyes, nose, mouth, and ears, he frowned.

Coughing, the antimanium became solid and it became too heavy for her bones to carry. Knees buckling, she fell back into the glass tank filled with water behind her.

Seeing her sink to the bottom of it, he shook his head and headed up the steps after Stryker.
**************************************************************
Entering the jet and finding it full, Rogue sighed. Walking towards the front, she gave Emma the flashdrive. "Here. There's the name of all the mutants that were being experimented on, as well as government stuff."

Nodding, she pocketed it.

"I am glad to see that you are doing well and..."

"Did you really tell Logan to not get involved with me?" She demanded.

Instantly, the jet went dead silent, as all tuned into them.

Xavier frowned. "I think this is better discussed and saved for later."

"No. I want to know why you told him that. Now."
He sighed. "Rogue, you were young and had alot to learn about yourself and he was merely going to distract and pull you down. Logan is not the type of man that you need in your life. He is everything you are not and..."

"I don't deserve to say who I want in my life or not?"

"I did not say that." He calmly stated.

"That's exactly what you said."

Before he could reply, Storm shouted something from the rear of the jet.

"What's wrong?"

"Logan's not here yet."

Emma frowned. "He went after Stryker."

Frowning, Rogue turned and once more left the jet.

Sharing a look, both Scott and Storm took up after her.
************************************************
Exiting the hall kand entering the cold of winterw, Logan spotted him. "Running?"

Piviting on his feet, Styker frowned. "I see Lady Death Stryke has been defeated." He voiced, as his hand slipped to his back pocket.

"Why did you suddenly come for me?"

"I am a man of science, Wolverine. Recapturing you, were only to aid me to study you and once more making the untimate mutant soldier."

"Men like you don't deserve to live." Taking a step, his claw were released.

"Sorry to disappoint, but that ain't happening." Pulling out a gun, he smirked. "You may not recall, but antimanium bullets can..."

"Remove my memories?" Logan finished, as he stopped and stared at him.

"Ah, I see you have remembered." Looking past him, he smirked. "You once thought I killed the woman you loved, why don't I make it come true?" And with that, he fired.

Frowning and turning, his blood ran cold, as he saw her fall to the ground. Growling and ignoring the bullets being fired at his person, he viciously rammed his claws into his chest.

Spitting out a mouth full of blood, William Stryker died instantly.

Turning, Wolverine rushed over. Falling to his knees and pulling her still warm body into his arms, he pushed the hair out of face. "Marie?" His broken voice sounded.

Breaking throught the snow covered bushes and freezing, Storm and Scott frowned.

"Wha...how did she..." Storm couldn't even finish, as blood started to fall from her chest and pool on the ground.

"Stryker..He...he shot her." Logan voiced, as he continued to press his bare hand to her face. "Come on, don't die on me." Lowering his head, he kissed her mild lips. "Please. I...I love you, Marie."

Turning away, Storm felt tears course her face. Placing an arm around her, Scott allowed his own to fall.

As realization finally hit, that her mutation wouldn't work, Logan dropped his face in her neck and wept.
Chapter 10 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 10~

Carrying her cold and body into the med lab, where Hank proceeded to place a sheet over her, Logan growled. Pushing him out the way and uncovering her peaceful face, he caressed her jaw.

Looking away, Jean coudn't help but feel responsible. Anger aside, Scott stood by her and wrapped an arm about her.

Holding both Jubilee and Kitty as they wept for their now deceased best friend, Bobby coundn't contain that of his own.

Holding Storm from falling, Kurt leaned heavily on wall.

Head lowered, Xavier closed his eyes to keep the tears at bay.

Even the students who only knew her for a short while, were a wreck. Caro was attempting to keep the water from leaving his eyes, but losing the
battle, as both Alice and Melody leaned on each other for support.

Whiping her face, Emma sighed. "There is a possibility that you can save her."

Instantly all faced her.

"There is a mutant who is gifted with the ability to go to the past and interfer. He is known for helping others, but it is his choice to do so."

"You speak of Warp?" Xavier voiced.

She nodded.

"He was killed."

"No, he wasn't. He now resides in France and...If you want to save Rogue, he will take you to the past, but there's a catch."

"I'm listening." Logan stated, as he covered his love's face and turned around.

"Once in the past, he will leave you there and wherever you are, you will have to play out the events. But be warned, when you change the past, not all is garenteed to occur the same."

"So how far back will I go?"

"Wherever you heart sees her dieing."

"What do you mean?" Hank stated.

Releasing a breath, Emma frowned. "True Warp has the ability to go into the past and alter a thing, but when another wants to, they are stuck. Whatever reason you have for seeking him out, that is what will lead you in the past. Like for instance, you maybe taken back to when Rogue found out about you and Jean or just before she died. Your heart is what leads, so you might even be thrown years back. Are you able to accept that?"

Looking down at the caked and dried blood on his shirt, he sighed. "As long as she lives, I'll do anything."

Nodding, she went to make a call.
***********************************************************
Sitting at the table and hearing footsteps, she gave a small smile. "Is he coming?"

Logan nodded. "He'll be here within the next two hours."

Sipping her tea, Jean sighed. "If you are taken far enough back, you won't..."

"I will never have slept with you and started all this crap." He finished, grabing a beer out of the fridge. "It's my fault she's in there."

"No, it's all of our faults."

Turning, they found Xavier in the kitchen's entrance.

Glaring at shim, he said nothing.

"I deserve your anger and I welcome it freely. I was not righ,t in what I spoke to you about your intentions towards Rogue. I should've just butted out and I apologize dearly for it." Moving towards him, he held the flashdrive out. "Whatever time frame you are in, you need to change what just happened, as well as Kurt's attempted assination of the President. When you arrive, you need to share what you learned with myself and I shall contact Emma. If we can avoid a repeat of what occured, then please do as I wish." Turning , he slowly left.

Looking down at the small think in his palm, he pocketed it. "I'm going for a walk."

Watching as he left, Jean placed a hand on her stomache. "Looks like everyone's future is about to change. Let's just hope, it's a turn for the good."
*************************************************
From his position leaning on the counter, Logan raised an eyebrow. "This is Warp?"

Smiling, the rather old man smirked. "Don't let my looks fool you. I can also alter my age and such." Blinking, his white long beard shrunk and before them appeared a young man, who seemed no older than twenty-eight. "Now tell, are you ready to make the time jump? It's very nausiating and makes you dizzy. Once you step through the portol, it will close and there will be no way back. This is life changing and you will take the place of yourself during that time frame. So I will ask again, are you ready?"

"Whenever you are, bub."

Smirking, he waved his hand and a portal appeared. "Step through and may the Gods lead your hand."

Frowning at what he said, he pushed off the counter and walked over.

"When you meet me again, remember why I am bitter towards you." Emma voiced.

Pausing he nodded.

"And don't forget to..."

"Quickly before it closes." Warp stated.

Nodding and giving all a silent goodbye, he entered the portal.
********************************************************
Feeling himself being pulled in all directions, Logan frowned. Before he could analyze it further, he found himself back in the mansion. Looking up towards the steps, he frowned.

"So, ya' running again?" A southern twang of a voice, sounded from his left.

Mouth going dry, he couldn't breath.

Walking up to him and smiling, she quickly frowned. "How long will you be?"

"I uh...I think I'm going stick around for a minute." Reaching out and touching her streaks, he smiled. "I like it, it brings something to your eyes."

Blushing, she opened her mouth to reply, but Bobby called her name.

Looking from her to popsickle, he recalled they were dating. Or at least on the verge of dating. Calming his beast, his hand on the duffel bag tightened. "Go on and and have fun, I have to speak with the Proffessor."

Giving a smile, she bounded off.

Watching as she returned, he headed for the Proffessor's office.
**************************************************************

"Good, Spike. Now calmly call them back." Xavier hashed, as his few students smirked or giggled as a spike went flying through a window. "That shall be all for now. See you all tomorrow." Watching as they left, he caught sight of a tall figure. "I thought you would be gone now."

"We have to talk."

"About?"

"The future and whats to come."

And with that, he began to rehash what happened.
*************************************************************

Climbing up the steps to his room twenty minutes past midnight, he was exhausted. First he had to explain everything to wheels, then to Emma via satalite, and lastly go over the files on the fashdrive. He was ready to crash. Opening his door, he froze.

There in his bed lay a slumbering Rogue, with her books scattered all about. No doubt she was doing her homework and fell asleep waiting on him. But the way she was laying across the bed brought images to his mind that....

Releasing a breath and recalling what he and Proffessor agreed on, he walked over. Taking a seat on the edge of the bed, he gave her shoulkder a small nudge.

Cracking her eyes open and spying him, she gave a tired smile. "Hey Logan." Her low voice sounded, inthe quite of night.

"Hey ya' self kid. What you doing crashing in here?"

Yarning and sitting up, she started to gather her books. "I wanted to tell you thanks."

He raised an eyebrow at that. "That could've waited until tomorrow."

Blushing, she looked down. "I wanted to see what you thought about the school."

Nodding and walking over to the dresser, he pulled out a shirt. Stripping out of his sweaty and worn one, he faced her. "It don't matter what I think, but it's a nice little thing they got going here."

Standing with her books in hand, she smiled. "So you'll be sticking around then?"

Eyeing her, he walked over. "Are you afraid I'm going to leave and not come back?"

Looking down, she nodded.

Sighing, a thought occured to him. Reaching in his pocket, he grabbed her hand. "Here. Take these. So no matter where I go, I always have a reason to come back."

Opening her hand and finding his dogtags, a true smile raced across her face.
"Now get to bed, before one eye comes looking for ya."

Laughing, she left his room.

Watching as she turned the corner and entered the student's dormetries, Logan sighed. "She's going to be the death of me." Closing his door, he collapsed into the bed.
*********************************************************
"So he mentions Emma and some mutant who is believed to be dead and you just welcome him in the X-Men?" Scott bellowed the next morning, as all sat in the briefing room.

"He has proof to back everything up?" Storm inquired.

Nodding, Xavier pulled up a file from the flashdrive. "Here are a name of mutants that are led to have participated in expiriments in the past and soon to be future."

Looking at the first three names at the top, Jean frowned. "You never told me you ever participated in it?" She demanded, facing a frowning Scott.

"I would rather not think about it."

Logan laughed. "Why, because I saved you?"

Narrowing his eyes, he walked off.

"So he really did come from the future?" Storm voiced.

Xavier nodded.

"Why did you come back?"

Looking down, he folded his arms. "Someone I loved and hurt, died because of me."

"Who?"

"Don't worry about it?"

She frowned. "Don't you think we would like to know?"

He gave Xavier a hard look.

"Such information does not need to be divulged at this time. For I do not need to have you all acting weird and out of character. The only thing you are all to know, is the attacks that are to come and the mutant experimentations that occured. That's it."

Nodding, she fell silent.

"So what are we going to do?"

"When Hank returns, I wish for him to share this information about mutant experiments at the live D.C. confference next week. This would open the eyes of all those that have a mutant for a child, relative or even friend. From there, we will take it as we go." Looking at his watch, he sighed. "Class should begin in twenty minutes, go tend to the students."

Watching as all left, Logan eyed him. "I want to teach self-defense."

"No. That is Scott's class and..."

"Then do what you did before?"

Xavier sighed. "What did my future self do?"

"You moved Storm to Environmental studies, as Scott took over her class for History, and I get self-defense."

"How do you know Storm would want to teach something, that does not exist?"

"Because she has alot of expierence to share. Before she had her mutation, in Africa she had to use her surroundings to defend and help her survive. Since we are teaching the up coming X-Men, don't you think they should have more skills to help them survive?"

"I see the logic you speak, but I do not want to arrange anything, until I speak with them."

Nodding, Logan left.

Shaking his head, Xavier couldn't fathom what he got himself into.
************************************************************
Exiting the locker room and turning down the hall, Rogue about screamed.

"Scared you, darling?" Logan's voiced, as students passed him by.

Smiling, she shook her head. "No. So what brings you over here?" She asked, as she fell into step with him.

"You done with classes today?"

She nodded.

"Good. Go dress and meet me in the garage." Taking two steps, he paused and glimpsed her over his shooulder. "Wear something that don't have nice written all over it."

Watching as he walked off, she couldn't get the butterflies out of her system. Running up the steps and dragging Jubilee and Kitty into her room, she ran through her entire closet, until she settled on something she bout when she and the girls went shoping the other day.

Thirty minutes later, she couldn't help but feel self concious, as every guy she met eyed her, or practicly drewled over her. At the bottom of the steps, she found the Proffessor smiling at her.

"You look lovely, Rogue."

"Thank you, Proffessor."

"Tell Logan I said be on his best behavior and have you back by midnight."

Nodding, she exited the house.

Walking along the stone path to the garage, she smiled as she spotted him on the black motorcycle.

Eyeing her black tight and form fitting jeans and matching leather boots, he raised an eyebrow. Lifting his gaze and seeing the low cut long sleeve shirt she bore, he struggled not to claim her as his.

"So, how do I look?"

"Stunning. Ever been on a bike before?"

Shaking her head, she pulled her air up in a pony. "I'm a bit scared, the tell the truth."

"Hop on and hold on. I'll do the rest."

Nodding, she saddled up behind him and slid down till her theighs were riding his hips.

"Now place ya' feet on the keg." He stated. "Now hold on and relax."

Before she could reply, he took off.

As they raced down the driveway and out the gates to the streets, neither noticed the firey eyes watching them, as they went.
*******************************************************
"It's Rogue, ain't it?" Scott stated, as he entered the Proffessor's office.

"What gave you that idea?"

"He's basicly stalking her."

Sighing, Xavier nodded. "There's alot that he told me and part of it has to do with you and....Let me just say, I am glad he came to change what all would've happened."

"It's about me and Jean, isn't it?"

"It is not for me to say."

"She calls his name out, while she sleeps." He calmly replied. "He may have returned to make sure she lives and he gets his happy ending, but not all of us may."

"I'm sorry, Scott."

"No, you have nothing to be sorry for. I seen it coming, from the first time she looked at him. I just hate the fact that Rogue had to be hurt in the proccess."

"I do as well, but now I don't see that happening."

Nodding, the two fell into silence.
************************************************************

Pulling up to the bar and parking, both got off. Pausing at the doors, he faced her. "I know you don't call this fun, but this is all I know. Just stick close to me and stay in my line of vision."

Nodding, she followed him into the bar.

Instantly, she felt like vomiting. "The smell will grow on you." He whispered in her ear, as he draped an arm around her shoulder, and led her to the bar.

"Let me get two shots of gin." Watching as the bartender did his thing, Logan motioned towards the steal cage. "I'm going to do a few rounds, but I want you up front, where I can see you."

Nodding, she looked at the two glass before them.

"Take it if you want, kid. I'm not forcing you." Downing his, he ordered another.

Shrugging and doing the same, she started to choke.

"Guess I should've mentioned it was strong." Laughing, he ordered another. "Now that you got the taste down packed, care for another?"

Looking at it and back at him, she shook her head. "Are you trying to get me drunk?"

"What gave you that idea?"

She simply pointed to her now refilled glass.

"Hey, you only live once. So live it up."

Taking a seat on the stool, she raised an eyebrow. "Me and Kitty over heard Scott and Jean saying that you came from the future, what did they mean?"

Sighing, he took her shot and slammed the empty glass down. Placing a ten on the counter and grabbing her arm, he led her over to an empty pool table. Hefting her up till she sat on it, he stood before her. "Do you honestly want to know? It's no something that I think would help you, only confuse you." He roughly stated.

"Tell me.

"Yeah, it's true."

"Why would you do that? Can't that change everything?"

"Thats the point."

She frowned. "Why would you do that?"

"All for you, Marie."

Leaning back, she raised an eyebrow. "Me? What do I have to do with...What happened to me, in the future?" Staring him dead in the eyes, she could've sworn she saw tears gather.

"You died, Marie."

"How?"

"You were shot."

"My mutation could've..."

He shook his head. "You died instantly."

Seeing the pain sketch across his face, she sighed. "It's more than that, ain't it sugar?"

Nodding, he closed his eyes. "I slept with Jean and you found out. Because of me, you didn't..."

"Say nothing and was torn about telling Scott and staying loyal to you."

He nodded. "But only, you were the one that was hurt. Your mutation manifested and you were out of control and..." Pausing, Logan grabbed her hand. "Promise me, you will never cutt yourself again. I don't care how much pain you are in, give me your word you won't resort to that."

Lowering her gaze, she nodded. "I won't."

Pleased, he raised a hand to her face, but droped it to her shoulder.

"What is it?"

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. Come on, I feel the itch to fight."

Allowing him to drop the subject, she followed him over to the cage.
*************************************************************
"You wished to speak with me, Proffessor?"

Nodding, he sighed. " I wished to share with you what I have recently learned and thought you could shine some light on this issue."

Nodding a taking a seat, Hank raised an eyebrow. "What issue?"

Handing over the file on his desk, he sighed. "It would seem the the mutant I spoken to you about, has come from the future."

"Are you sure this is true?"

Xavier nodded. "I have confirmed it with Emma and must say, I am still in a abit of shock myself."

"Why has he come back to the past then?"

"He wished to save the life of the young mutant who arrived here with him. It would seem in the future they share feelings, but certain actions has pulled them apart. I for one am to blame, but..."

"You? What have you done? Or rather, the future you?"

"I threatened to kick her out, if he wished to pursue her. I know I said it, for I thought that the very second, he spoke of him loving her."

Hank nodded. "I understand. Where is he now?"

Sighing, he leaned back in his chair. "Out at a bar, I fear with her."

"A bar? "

He nodded.

"You did not object?"

"Yes, but I knew he would do so in the future. We came to an agreement that he would not push her for more than she could handle, and I will stay out of it."

"And what of the other's?"

He shrugged. "I did not agree on their parts and I expect that they have figured out what has began and will soon pass. I am not worried at all, but only one person, I have sensed a change in. It's slight, but i feel it."

"Who?"

"Jean."
***********************************************************

Watching as he punched the man in the gut, Rogue shuddered. True, she liked watching him fight and all, but she could only take so much of busted nose after nose. Holding his shit, she stood and moved for the bar. Taking a seat and looking back, she found him eyeing her. Giving a smile, he returned back to the challenger, who dared to get in the ring with him.

"Want anything, little bit?"

Looking up, she found the lanky bartender eyeing her. "Uh...I'll have a Molasas."

Nodding, he handed one over. "You have quite a man over there. He would've had some competition for you, if it wasn't for him geting in that cage."

"What do you mean?"

Leaning closer, he motioned towards the table filled with brutes, a little ways down. "A few of them were heading you way, but after he handed two men their asses, they tuck tail."

Smiling, she took a sip of her beer. Forcing herself to swallow it, she ruled out it being better that whatever that was Logan gave her. Releasing a breath and watching as the man went back to serving drinks, she missed the man who sat beside her.

"So what a pretty little thing like you doing here, with grandpa?" He casually asked, eyed her chest.

Rolling her eyes, she stood. "Excuse me, I think grandpa's calling." As she took two steps, she found him in her way. "Move."

"You see, women never walk away from me, until I'm done talking. And you little mama, gonna listen."

Looking behind him and spotting the cage was empty, she smirked. "If I was you, I'll leave before something hit's you on the ass." She boldy stated,
filled with Southern sass.

Narrowing his eyes and balling a fist, he swung on her. Having his fist caught, he found an angry man glaring at him.

"You wasn't going to hit my woman, now were you?" Logan growled, as his hold tightened and a cracking sound could be heard.

Falling to his knees, the man were close to tears. "No. Now let go."

Smirking and giving her a look, he winked. "Gladly." And with that, he kneed him in the face, sufficiently knocking him unconcious.

Staring down at him, Rogue frowned. "I don't think he deserved that."

Slipping his shirt on, he raised an eyebrow. "What did he deserve, darling?" Grabbing her beer and taking a stronge pull, the bartender handed him his share for fighting.

"A kick down below and a broken nose would've did fine."

Him and the bartender laughed. "Give me two burgers, a fry, and a limonade." Turning and draping an arm about her, he led her towards the tables around back past the pool tables. "That's a little harsh, don't you think?"

"No. If he can't treat a lady right, he don't deserve to have fun, it you know what I mean." She teased, as a busty woman walked over and brought her drink over. Watching as she gave him a smile, Rogue wanted to scream.

"Anything I can get you?" She voiced, as she bent down to show her chest.

"I'm good." He replied, not even looking at her.

As she turned to walk away, Rogue shifted.

Thump!

Looking down at the frowning woman, she feined sadness. "I'm so sorry."

Coming to her feet and dusting herself off, she narrowed her eyes and walked off.

"If I didn't say any better, I would say you were jealous." He teased.

Folding her ams, she shrugged. "That was rude."
Shaking his head, he eyed her. "How are you and popsickle doing?"

"Who?"

"Bobby, I think his name is."

"Fine i guess."

"You two not dating yet?"

She frowned. "Yet?"

"Oops. Guess I let that slip."

"Spill."

Sighing, he finished her beer and motioned for another. "Ain't nothing to tell. You and popsickle were together and well...let's just say it didn't end well."

"You mean because of Kitty?"

"How did you know she had something to do with it?"

"Since two days ago, they kind of been geting close." Sipping her lemonade, she sighed. "You didn't tell me everything, about the futrure. What are you hiding from me?"

Leting the waitress plass their food on the table and give Rogue a glare, he sighed. "Guess I won't be coming back here in a while."

"For real, what happened between us?"

"You became distant and cold towards me. And when you left, it got even worse, when Jean found out she was pregnant and..."

"You knocked up Jean?"

Slowly nodding, he popped a fry into his mouth. "Yeah and a whole lot of drama started."

"I didn't take that too well, I imagine."

He nodded.

Taking a bite of her burger, she sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just remembered I have homework due tomorrow, I didn't start."

"What subject?"

"History?"

"About war?"

She nodded.

"American Civil War? War World I? War World II? Pick one, I've been in each one."

Eyeing him, she frowned. "So your like over three hundred years old, right?"

"Something like that."

Laughing, they finished with nice and easy going chatter here and there.
**********************************************************
Looking up at the moon as they rode back to the mansion, she sighed. "Thanks."

Raising an eyebrow, his gaze stayed on the road ahead. "For what?"

"Tonight." She whispered, as she nuzzled her face in his neck. "I had fun and just...thanks, Logan. I needed this."

Smiling and reaching back, he gave her hand wrapped around him a squeeze. "Anytime, Marie."

Eyes ahead, he continued down the road, as for the first time, he knew what awaited him in the future. And with his girl by his side -rather she realized it yet or not- he was ready for whatever life could throw his way.
End Notes:
Thanks for reading and I know I just ended it alln suddenly, but I'm busy with work. Hope you liked it and I'm sorry for all my errors. Well thanks for reading.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3783