The Rose by SummerSky
Summary: Why Logan goes home and what happens.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Songfic
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 260 Read: 1908 Published: 07/02/2010 Updated: 07/02/2010
Story Notes:
My first songfic be gentle. Bette Midlers The Rose

1. Chapter 1 by SummerSky

Chapter 1 by SummerSky
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Wendie for making this readable. This computer hates me.

*...* is the song words
Please read and review so if it sucks I don't do another song fic.
*When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been too long*

Logan had never been lonely travelling before. But now all he could think of was his Marie with her soft smile, and missing her made the road seem longer and lonelier every day.
Memories of Jean's death sometimes tried to keep him company, too, but he usually pushed those to the back of his mind. Logan was just thankful that Kurt had saved Marie. He'd been away from her for far too long.

*and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong*

Coming through the gates of the mansion he didn't know if he could do this, if he could risk losing her if she didn't feel the same way. He wasn't strong enough to live without her anymore if she rejected him. His luck had never let him have what he wanted before. Why would it change now?

*just remember in the winter,
far beneath the bitter snows*

When he saw her coming towards him, a cold fear went through him and he fell to his knees. Marie was with him in an instant, on her knees holding him close.

*lies the seed that with the suns's love,
in the spring becomes the rose.*

With the fear still chilling his heart, he hid his face in her hair and said the only four words he could say.

"I love you Marie," he murmured.

Her smile was like the sun thawing him out.

"I love you too, Logan you'r not alone anymore."
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3763