Come back and stay... by Kitten
Summary: Rogue is missing Logan. When will he return, and will he stay when he does? Or will someone else be leaving?
Categories: X1, AU Characters: None
Genres: Adult, Shipper, Songfic
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 23510 Read: 145064 Published: 06/14/2010 Updated: 08/03/2010
Story Notes:
This is my first story, feedback and advice would be much apreciated.
Some songs might be added into this series, surgest some if you want and I'll work them in if I can.
I had Come back and stay by Paul Young stuck in my head then I got the idea for this story. Hope you like it.

1. Come back.. by Kitten

2. Happy Birthday! by Kitten

3. Surprise.. by Kitten

4. Questions by Kitten

5. Just like old times. by Kitten

6. Chapter 6 by Kitten

7. I'll be watching you... by Kitten

8. Chapter 8 by Kitten

9. Don't stand so close to me... by Kitten

10. The Truth by Kitten

11. The Consequences by Kitten

12. Chapter 12 by Kitten

13. The Plan by Kitten

14. Chapter 14 by Kitten

15. One way or another by Kitten

16. Reunited by Kitten

17. This is a lie by Kitten

18. What she said... by Kitten

Come back.. by Kitten
Author's Notes:
I know this one is kinda short, the next one will be longer I promise.
The song Rogue is singing is Come back and stay by Paul Young (just imagine it acoustic and sad)
It was late, 1 am in fact. Perfect. No one would know he was back, no questions. He’d just go straight up to his room, to his bed. Nothing quite compares to the comfort of your own bed. As he neared the gates, he cut off the bike’s engine so no one would hear him approaching. He wanted Marie to be the first to know he was back, although the professor would probably know where he was without seeing him, but he’d know not to tell anyone. He got off the bike and began pushing it down the drive towards the house. He carefully opened the garage door and parked the bike, he’d once again borrowed from Scott, at the far end of the garage behind the jeep. "Hopefully no one will notice it here" he thought "Well at least for a few hours."

He walked out and closed the door, carefully as opposed to his usual way of just slamming it. Then he heard something. Was that…music? He stopped and listened. It was. But it wasn’t coming from inside the mansion. He frowned, slightly confused and began to walk towards the soft sound of the guitar. "Who the hell?" He walked through the garden and onto the large green lawn, well it was more the size of half a football pitch. Logan stopped suddenly and sniffed the air…was that? With every step he took the scent became stronger and so did the sound of the guitar and a voice…singing? "There must be two of em out here, Marie don’t play the guitar and I ain‘t ever heard her singin‘..." but he could only catch her unique sweet scent.

The moonlight was dancing on the lake as he silently neared the boat house. And there she was. The moonlight shining on her perfect face, her hair blowing softly in the slight breeze. She gently strummed her black acoustic guitar and quietly sang to herself, so quiet even he could barely hear it. He smiled sightly confused at the sight of Marie, then he noticed. He could smell it and hear it in her voice that she was crying. He stayed where he was, unsure if he should approach her or not. "If that idiot has hurt her again I swear…"

“Come back and stay for good this time” she sang softly. She sighed and let her right hand that was strumming the guitar drop as she looked up at the sky. Tears rolled silently down her face. Logan frowned "is she…..does she mean…me?" he watched her puzzled.

She gently closed her crying eyes “Come back, Logan” she whispered to the sky.

Guilt began to fill him. But she knew, she knew more than anyone that he had to go, what he had to do. The thought she understood this. He turn around quietly and made his way back to the mansion. He wanted to let her know he was back right there and then, but the guilt was the only thing he could feel. He wouldn’t of known what to say or how to say it. Didn’t she ever think of how he felt every time he had to leave? He sighed heavily as he opened the door as quietly as possible and made his way to his room.
End Notes:
Let me know what you think!
Happy Birthday! by Kitten
Author's Notes:
Forgive me if there are any spelling mistakes!
Three sharp knocks on the door made her jump out of her skin. The door burst open and in bounced Jubilee followed by Kitty. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGUEY!!!!” yelled Jubilee at the top of voice.
Rogue laughed “hey don’t shout too loud, you’ll wake everyone” she placed her hair brush back on her dresser and got up from her chair. People had complained numerous times about Jubilee ruining their Saturday morning lie-in, and this would probably be another to add onto that list.

“What are you doing up so early anyway? I mean, it is your birthday” asked Jubes as she chewed on her gum. Kitty laughed at the expression on Rogues face. “Well I’d of been woken up by you anyway” she said her left eyebrow cocked “why are you up so early?” she looked at the clock on the small chest of draws by her bed, 8:47 am. Even if Jubes and Kitty were up this early they wouldn’t be out of bed and they certainly wouldn’t be dress and ready for the day.
“Well,” Kitty began “we wanted to know if you wanted to come-”
“SHOPPING” Jubes squealed waving her arms about crazily.
“SHUT IT JUBILEE!!” Bobby’s faint voice could be heard from down the hall.
She quickly put her hand over her mouth. “oops! SORRY DUDE!” she yelled back. Kitty, tapped her arm and put her finger to her lips signaling her to be quiet. All three girls began to giggle, it was always impossible to be serious when Jubilee was around. Rogue pulled her favourite jacket out of her wardrobe with her gloved hands, picked up her bag from her desk and the three girls made their way down stairs.

***

It was 6pm by the time they returned. Rogue helped Kitty and Jubes take their stuff to their room that that still shared. Considering it was her birthday, Rogue hadn’t bought nearly as much as the other two. She walked to her room, two bags in each hand. Rogue got to her room and dropped the bags on her bed. She rummaged through the one of the bags and pulled out a pair of tight black leather pants. Then she pulled out a low cut red vest top. She smiled. This would be the perfect outfit. When he was back, she’d wear it.

She picked up the top and shorts and some fresh underwear and took them into the bathroom with her. Closing the door, she hung them on the hook on the back of it. She pulled of her jacket and gloves flowed by the rest of her clothes dropping them to the floor and got in the shower.

After washing her hair and the her body under the warm flow of water, she got out and dried her damp body with a warm towel that had been resting on a radiator. Rogue opened the small frosted window to let the steam that had built up escape. She dried her hair roughly with another towel and turned to the clothes she had bought in with her. She pulled on the matching black lace bra and panties and reached for the pants and slowly slipped them on. They were perfect. She quickly pulled the red top on and looked at her reflection in the mirror. The top hugged her in all the right places and the shorts looked like they were painted on. Every curve was perfectly accentuated.

She leaned in towards the mirror, her hands rested on the white sink. She sighed. What if he didn’t want her? And more to the point, should she let him have her? As much as she loved him, he broke her heart every time he left and it’d be worse if she confessed her feelings just for him to leave again. She wanted to tell him the night he left last time. But she couldn’t find the perfect time to do it. She sighed sadly as she turned away from the mirror and towards her room.

***

He’d quietly made his way to her room, following her scent. He’d been in his room all day waiting for her to come back. Didn’t want her surprise ruined by someone else seeing him first. He could hear footsteps coming his way, Iceprick. Logan quickly took a few steps back and opened the nearest door that he could. He squeeze into the small closet already filled with a vacume cleaner, mop and bucket and various other cleaning equipment. When Bobby was safely out of site Logan slid out of his hiding place and carried on quietly. Nearly there now. A smile played on his lips as he reached her room. She was in there, in the bathroom. He could hear her. He quietly slipped in, making sure not to give the game away to her or anyone. He smiled fondly as his eyes drifted across her room. Not much had changed since the last time he came here. Same purple walls with the same posters on them. Books stacked up on her desk next to the laptop the professor had given her when she joined the school, just like everyone else had for their studies. There were only two differences in the room; the guitar she was playing last night, propped up against the desk on the far side of the room facing the window and a photo on the draws by her bed, the only picture in her room. He walked over to it and realised, it was of the two of them, taken about three months ago, the night he left.

Logan held the frame in his hand and looked at the picture as he sank down onto the bed, he smiled remembering how much fun that night had been. They’d been to the fair. Of course she wasn’t meant to be there, what with it being so late but she really wanted to go, and when she looked at Logan with those big beautiful eyes of hers, well, how could he possibly say no? Even though it wasn’t exactly his idea of fun, he borrowed Scott’s bike and off they went.
Rogue had dragged him to the bumper cars, “Right kid,” he’d said “If I have to do this, then you’re for it” he warned her as she jumped into one of the cars. “Do your worst” she replied, smirking playfully at him.
After nearly giving each other a whiplash and various bruises, they’d headed off to the games stalls. One where they had to shoot down come cans with a air rifle. Logan wasn’t so good at this and Rogue laughed at his failed attempt to even shoot one can. He told her that the site wasn’t straight but she just laughed even more.
Then there was the coconut shy, he was better at that. He managed to knock down every coconut, hitting the last one so hard it split open. Rogue smiled blushing slightly as he handed her the prize teddy.
After some hotdogs and beer each, bought by Rogue (he shouldn't of let her have it, she was only 17 after all but hey, he wasn't really the law abiding type anyway), they had their picture taken in a photo booth and headed off to the Ferris wheel where they watched the night sky together. Rogue looked at Logan, she was going to say something but hesitated “What’s up, kid?” he asked her. “Nothing” she said quietly laying her head on his shoulder.
It was perfect. Logan wasn’t the kind of person to be romantic or sentimental about anything but she made him feel things he didn’t even know existed, but still he shouldn‘t be feeling like this. Not about her, she was too young and he knew it, but he just couldn’t help but melt every time he looked at her. It wasn’t just lust, he was deeply in love with her. He felt more for her than anyone or anything he’d ever known.
But now, now was the time to let her know.
He heard the sound of the shower stop. Quickly he stood up and pulled a purple envelope from his jacket pocket and dropped it onto the bed. He silently slipped out of her room and disappeared down the hall.
***

She walked over to the bags on her bed to find something better to wear. A skimpy top wasn’t a good choice of clothing, especially in October. And a few questions would be asked due to he amount of her deadly skin showing. She took off the outfit she was wearing and chose something new to wear. As she pulled the dark blue jeans and a long sleeved black and purple striped top on, she noticed something. A purple envelope rested on her pillow. She frowned and reached out to pick it up. She carefully opened the purple paper and pulled out a card with purple flowers on and the words ‘happy birthday‘ written in silver writing on the front. hm… probably from Peter or Bobby she thought. Perhaps they’d left it here when she was out. She opened it to see if her suspicions were correct. She frowned at the message written inside.

Meet me outside
9pm
The cabin by the lake
X

Ok. Strange… She thought. She wasn’t keen on surprises. No name, and she didn’t recognize the hand writing. But then again, who ever wrote it could of easily changed their hand writing so she wouldn’t be able to tell who it was she was supposed to be meeting later. Bobby was her guess. He wasn’t happy when she broke up with him a few months ago, this was probably a lame attempt to win her back.
“Rogue, come on its dinner time!” Jubes called from outside, making her jump for the second time today.
“ok, just a sec” she called back. She left the card on her bed and picked up her black gloves from her desk, pulling them on as she made her way out.

***

The tables were rearranged so everyone was sitting at one long table together. Rogue in the middle with Jubes to her left and kitty to the right. Peter, Bobby and John sat opposite them. A little way down the table sat the professor, Scott, Jean and Ororo. The younger students were sitting at the far end of the table. It was strange to see everyone in the school all sitting at one table, strange in a nice way. Everyone had cheered when she entered the room making her blush a little. After a nice meal, a birthday cake with eighteen candles on top was bought out and everyone sang happy birthday. The professor needn’t of gone to so much trouble for her, but it was nice to feel like she actually belonged here, kind of like a family, a strange one, but still, a family.
“Aren’t you a little too old for a birthday cake?” John spat rudely from across the table.
“Shut it, Pyro” Kitty sneered back. Rogue just ignored him, it was the best thing to do. After everyone had a piece of chocolate cake, including John who’d just scoffed at the idea of it and most people got up from the table to leave, Bobby quickly looked at his watch “I er, have to go now. Happy birthday Rogue” he smiled as he stood up and swiftly exited the room. She looked at her own watch, a gift from Scott and Jean 8:30. I knew it! she thought smugly to herself.
After she reiceved a few gifts; a set of fancy jewel incrusted pens from Ororo, a book from Peter, CD from Kitty and the biggest box of chocolates she’d ever seen from Jubilee. Professor Xavier had given her a beautiful silver necklace with three diamonds encrusted into a beautiful sliver flower, it was nearly 9o’clock.
She made her way up to her room with all the gifts she’d received. She carefully placed them onto her desk. She glanced at the mysterious card still convinced it was Bobby who’d left it. After all he was acting a bit strange at dinner, and he left quickly when he realised the time. It had to be him. She sighed as she grabbed her black leather jacket from the bed. She might as well go tell him she wasn’t interested rather than let him stay outside all night while he waited for her to turn up.
She made her way outside into the cold night. It wasn’t this cold yesterday she remembered as she zipped her jacket up and stuffed her gloved hands into her pockets and made her way over to the lake.

***
End Notes:
Let me know what you think :)
Surprise.. by Kitten
The cool October air gently brushed her face as she walked over to the lake, the light of the moon gently lit the way. There were more stars out than last night, she looked up at them and sighed softly “this isn’t going to be pretty” she whispered to herself. She wondered why he wanted her to meet him there, it wasn’t like he had any chance of getting back with her and he should of realised this after the last three attempts to win her over. But she couldn’t forgive him after he’d kissed Siryn, especially since he’d done it in front of her. And she couldn’t pretend that she felt that way about him. The only person she wanted was one she couldn’t have, but still it would be unfair to lead Bobby on.

As she neared the cabin she could see dim light glowing inside and smoke gently flowing from the chimney. She pushed the door, that was already ajar open. Inside what looked like the living room, was a brown leather sofa in the middle of the room facing the open fire place where a warm wood fire was already burning, a white fur rug lay in front of it. To the left, behind the sofa was a door and directly ahead were two doors side by side. There were a few candles dotted around the room and on the rug before the fire was a small white box with red ribbon around it. Rogue closed the door and curiously walked over to the box and picked it up. She opened the ribbon and lifted the lid, inside were a pair of beautiful white gold earrings.

“Happy Birthday darlin’” came a husky voice from behind her. She span around, not quite believing her ears. The familiar smell of cigars filled the room. She didn’t know if she should be happy or angry.
“What are you….” her shaking voice trailed off. She wasn’t expecting this at all.
“Do you really think I’d miss your birthday Marie?” he smiled at her as he stepped closer.
“You remembered” she smiled, surprised.
“I’d never forget about you darlin’”
Her heart skipped a beat as he stepped even closer now. Why did he do all this, go to all this trouble?
“What’s with all…. This?” she asked looking around the room, then back to him.
“Just….. wanted to……make this special for ya” he replied slowly, picking his words the best he could without it sounding…seedy. “There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell ya for a while now Marie”
“Actually, there’s something I need to tell you too” she said, biting her lip nervously. He looked at her waiting for her to carry on. Now he too, was nervous, something he’d hardly felt before. His heart was beating so fast as he looked at the beautiful young woman she’d become.
She placed the box onto the small book case next to the fire place and gently pulled of her gloves. She slowly moved her shaking hands up and placed them on his shoulders, she ran her right hand up to his face.
“I can control it now” she whispered, not once breaking eye contact with him.
Logan didn’t realise what she was saying until he realised that her bare hand was now stroking his cheek and he didn’t feel weak. He didn’t know what to say. He placed his hand over hers and smiled. It really was true, no pain, no feeling weak, not that familiar pull he’d felt a few times before when he had touched her deadly skin.
“Marie….this, its amazing” he smiled. Shyly, her hands moved from his face and down to her side, he reached out and held both her hands. “How? When?”

“Well I was having all those sessions with the professor, and a was getting a little better each time and then one day it just, happened.” she looked at him her eyes shining, she almost looked like she was going to cry. “ I wanted to tell you but…” her eyes drifted down to the floor.
“I’m sorry I haven’t been around, but I had to-”
“I knew before you left” she cut him off. He looked at her frowning slightly. “I wanted to tell you I really did but I just couldn’t. I wanted it to be perfect, and the only time I really thought was perfect, well I just - I was too scared to.”
His frown softened “Hell, I’d be just as thrilled if you told me in the middle of the dinning room or in the library”
“Yeah but, I wanted this to be true for so long… You remember when we went to the fair, I was gonna tell ya then on the Ferris wheel, but I was too nervous…”

“I bet Iceman is thrilled” he said, his heart sinking as he let his hands slip away from hers,
“We ain’t together anymore” she said eagerly, she almost sang the words. He looked at her, raising one eyebrow. “and.. you’re the first person I told”
He frowned at her now “So, you’ve been walking about pretending that you still can’t control it when you can?” he asked slightly confused.
“I wanted you to be the fist to know” she whispered shyly, looking away from him, she could feel her cheeks burning. Tears began to fill her eyes, she felt stupid. She turned and sat down on the sofa. Logan could tell how she felt. He could smell her embarrassment.
She took a deep breath holding back the tears in her eyes. “So….. what did you want to say?” she asked nervously, trying to change the conversation.
Then she began to think, maybe he’d met someone when he was away, maybe he was moving and this was the last time she’d see him.

“I er…I…” he didn’t know how to say it. Should he just let it come out, or say something deep and poetic. He hadn’t ever said these words before, well not that he remembered. He sat down next to her and took a deep breath. “I’ve been meaning to tell you, I just never could before, even though I wanted to…..”
“This is it. He‘s going and never coming back.” Rogue thought, fighting back her tears. “It’s ok Logan, I understand” she said trying her best to smile and hide her sadness. Rogue stood up and made her way towards the door.

He quickly stood up after her “For heaven’s sake Marie, I….I love you!” he yelled frantically.
She froze. Her heart nearly stopped. She didn’t know what to do.
Logan slowly walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He leaned his head on her shoulder. “I love you Marie” he whispered into her ear, sending shivers down her spine.
“Why didn’t you tell me before?” she asked, turning to face him, his arms still around her.
“I couldn’t. I mean, I shouldn’t of felt that way about you, you were too young. I tried to ignore it, but I’ve never felt this way about anything or anyone before.”
She looked up at him, she couldn’t believe her ears. This was everything she’d ever dreamed of but she never actually thought I’d happen.
“I love you too Logan” she whispered gently moving her lips closer to his.

He leaned in and gently pressed his lips against hers. She’d only ever kissed one boy before, and she put him in a coma, she froze for a second, unsure of what to do so she just followed his lead. Her hands drifted up and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

He pulled away, smiling gently at her, she bit her lip nervously. He chuckled as she let out a surprised squeal as he picked her up and carried her back over to the sofa. He sat down, she was now straddling him, she ran her fingers through his hair and leaned in and kissed him a little more forceful than he’d been with her, not that he minded one bit. He ran his hands down to the small of her back and left his right hand carry on drifting down to her thigh.

She let out a moan as his tongue entered her mouth, she could feel him becoming aroused beneath her. He pushed her down so he was now laying on top of her, Rogue wrapped her legs around his waist. He stopped kissing her and looked down at her, his eyes glowing with lust as his lips curled into a wicked grin. He quickly rolled over holding onto her, they landed on the fur rug with a gentle thud. She looked down at him a little startled, her hair falling into his face.
“You ok, darlin’?” he smiled.
She nodded smiling back nervously “I-I ’m fine.” she sounded a little breathless. “just…”
He understood. “Look, you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to…”
“I want to…”she said quickly and pushed her lips against his…
End Notes:
I wasn't sure on how to go about writing a sex scene *blush*
I might try writing one soon.
Feedback and advice are welcome.
Questions by Kitten
Marie woke in the morning wondering if last night had all just been a dream. As she opened her eyes to see a sleeping Logan laying facing her, his arm still around her waist. This wasn’t the first time she woke up next to him like this, she’d slept in his bed with him a few times after having one of his nightmares but always reluctantly made her way back to her own bed before anyone in the mansion woke. Last night was different, perfect in fact, she didn’t think Logan was the romantic type at all. She sighed happily as she gently ran her fingers through his hair.
Wait, what time was it? She reached out to grab her watch, careful not to wake him. 8:18 am
“Oh crap, I better get goin’ before someone notices I‘m gone…”

She gently moved his arm from around her waist, although she wanted to stay but she knew if Jubilee realised she hadn’t slept in her own bed that night she’d get 1,000 questions on where she had been.

And yeah, she was 18 now, but Logan was still a teacher here at the school (even if he did disappear for months on end) and that wasn’t allowed in any school.

She quickly picked up her clothes that were strewn around them and pulled them on as quickly as
possible. She picked up the white box from the bookcase and made her way back to the mansion.

***

Luckily no one was awake yet. She closed her bedroom door and flopped down onto her bed. Staring at the ceiling, she couldn’t stop thinking about last night’s events, how gentle Logan was. She knew him better than anyone else and he still surprised her.

After staring at the ceiling for a good half an hour, she got up and had a shower and brushed her teeth. As she was putting on a clean pair of jeans there was a knock on her door “Just a minute” she called. She pulled a clean black long sleeved top on and went over to see who was waiting outside.
“Hey Bobby” she smiled.
“Hi” he replied, taking a few steps into her room “I came by to see you last night but you weren’t here”

Rogue’s heartbeat sped up a little “I um…went for a walk. I needed to clear my head”
Bobby frowned at her “At midnight?”
“Yeah, just…I was upset, thinking about my family” she lied, it was the only thing she could think of saying. And it worked.
“Oh…well if you ever need to talk, you know where I am” he said “this is for you” he said quickly handing her a light green envelope before leaving her room.

Rogue frowned after him and closed the door “Strange” she thought. She opened the envelope, inside was a CD and a note which read “Here are a few songs that describe how I feel about you”
She walked over to her CD player and played the CD. Rogue rolled her eyes as she skipped through all the soppy love songs, if he hadn’t been such a jerk then she might think this was sweet. When would he get the message that she wasn’t interested?

She turned off the CD player and picked up her guitar, sat on her bed and began to strum a few chords. She was surprised she still remembered how to play guitar, she hadn’t played for a couple of years since leaving home.

After a while, there was another knock “Come in” Rogue called as the door opened, Kitty came in followed by Jubilee.
“Where did you wander off to last night chica?” Jubilee asked smiling curiously at her.
“Yeah, we noticed you and Bobby ran off at about the same time last night.” Kitty chimed in raising her eyebrows at Rogue.
“What? No me and Bobby, we didn’t -”
“Come on girl! We saw him here earlier, just admit it!” Jubilee laughed.
“I did not see Bobby last night!” Rogue laughed
“Then where were you? You disappeared then we saw Bobby leaving your room at like midnight!” Jubilee said raising her eyebrows even higher.
“I was out, I needed some fresh air. And as for Bobby, yeah he was in my room earlier, he said he came by last night hoping I’d be here so he could give me this” she said picking up the CD from her desk. “. He should know by now that I don’t want him back.”
“What’s on it?” Kitty asked laughing
“Let me guess, he made you a CD with love songs on it in an attempt to win your heart back” Jubilee said putting her hand to her forehead pretending to swoon. Rogue laughed and nodded her head.
As they left Rogue’s room and headed down stairs, Jubilee led the way. The tv in the rec room was occupied by a few of the younger students watching cartoons.
“Lets go outside” Jubilee said “Peter said something about playing basketball”

***

After a few rounds of basket ball, the six students, made their way to the dinning hall. Rogue had spent all morning thinking about last night and smiled to herself constantly. She was at the front of the group as they walked to the dinning room, Bobby came running up behind her, “Hey, did you listen to the CD yet?” he asked hopefully.
“Yeah. And I’m sorry Bobby, but you already know you blew it. Just move on, I have” As they turned a corner Rogue walked right into someone.
“Whoa, careful.” Logan said quickly grabbing Rouge’s hand to stop her falling.
“Hi Logan” Rogue said, blushing, all the memories from last night rushing back to her.
“Hey Wolvie! When did you get back?” Jubilee asked
“Er, a few hours ago” he lied. “You ok?” he asked Rogue, looking over at Bobby.
“Yeah Logan I’m fine, nothing I can’t handle.”
“Ok, I’ll see ya later” he gave Bobby another look as a warning before walking off.

They arrived at the dinning hall and sat down at their usual table with their dinners. “You ok Rogue?” Peter asked.
“Uh, yeah I’m…fine” she said, snapping out of her daze.
“She’s been like this all day. I think it must be what happens when you get to 18, your mind just goes blank” Jubilee joked

***

After dinner Rogue went to find Logan. She made her way to the area where the teachers sleeping quarters were, careful to not make too much noise, she wasn’t sure is she was allowed to be in this part of the school. As she got to Logan’s room she heard Scott and Jean’s voices approaching. She ran to Logan’s door and quickly slipped inside his room.

“Hey, you not heard of knocking?” he said, walking out from the bathroom with nothing but a black pair of jeans, water was dripping from his wet hair onto his shoulders and chest. Rogue blushed as she looked him up and down.
“Jean and Scott nearly saw me” she said, just as there was a knock at his door.
“Quick, hide in there” Logan laughed ushering Rogue into the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

“Yeah?” she heard him say as his door opened.
“Oh, didn’t realise you were back” Scott voice came “I thought I saw someone just come in here”
“You need to get your eyes checked Cyclops” Logan Said sarcastically.
“Oh, and Logan, where’s my bike.”
“In the garage Cyke. Here you might want these” he said throwing the keys to him from his desk.
The door closed.

After a few seconds Rogue slowly opened the bathroom door. “It’s ok, the coast’s clear now” he smiled.
“I’m sorry I had to go this morning, I didn’t want anyone knowing I hadn’t slept in my own bed.”
“I understand.” Logan smiled. He stepped forward, wrapped his arms around her waist and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.
“I really enjoyed last night, sugar” she purred, leaning her head onto his chest. He let out a low growl in agreement which made Rogue giggle a little.

He let got of her, walked over to his bed and pulled on the red plaid shirt that lay out ready.
“So you wanna get away from here for a bit?” he asked, raising one eyebrow at her.
“Sure” she smiled. “we taking the jeep?”
“Nope” he reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys with a wicked grin on his face.
“I thought you gave Scott his keys back.” she asked confused.
“ Yeah I did, these are mine” he smirked. He quickly turned his head towards the door, he could smell someone was close, Scott. He quickly locked his door.

“Quick!” he grabbed Rogue’s hand and walked over to the window pushing it open, just as there was a sharp knock at the door.
“Logan what are you doing?” she whispered as he climbed up onto the window frame.
“Just trust me” he said. He turned and jumped out of his window.

“Logan? LOGAN!” Scott yelled from the other side of the door.

“Come on Marie!” Logan called from outside.
Rogue looked out of the window, it looked like a long way down, she was never too keen on heights and didn’t really want to dive out of a third floor window.

“Logan! Open this door now!!” Scott yelled banging frantically on the door.

“Just trust me, I’ll catch ya!” he called trying to reassure her.

Rogue climbed up, took a deep breath and let herself fall just as Scott forced the door open.

“Quick!” Rogue giggled as Logan set her down.

Scott walked over to the open window and looked outside as they disappeared around the corner.

***
Just like old times. by Kitten
Author's Notes:
Sorry this one is kinda short.
Sue is based on someone I know lol
Rogue held tight around Logan’s waist as they sped away from the mansion, her heart still beating fast from nearly being seen by Scott. The prospect of being caught was strangely excited her.
In just under an hour they were in town. It usually took her, Kitty and Jubilee at least an hour and a half to get here.
She gracefully slid of the bike and turned to face Logan who was now on his feet “So, where to darlin’?”

“I thought you had something planned” Rogue raised an eyebrow towards the Canadian.
“Hey, I just wanted to get away from all them noisy little brats” he replied, holding his hands up.
“Ok then, cinema it is” Rogue laughed grabbing Logan’s hand.

***

Rogue decided that they’d go and see a horror movie. Well, at least it weren’t some stupid chick flick he had to sit through and it gave Marie an excuse to snuggle into him during any particularly scary bits, which to his surprise, she didn‘t.
“I thought the whole reason girls took guys to see horror movies was so they could have an excuse to get closer to them” Logan said as he lit a cigar outside.
Rogue raised one eyebrow at him, a habit she’d picked up from him, more than likely after absorbing some of his energy at Liberty Island. She also took on some of his personality traits for a few days after that incident, including the urge to have a cigar.
“What do you think I am? A sissy?” she retorted with a sly grin.
“Well yeah actually I did” Logan taunted. He laughed as she slapped him playfully on the arm and shot him a glare.
He placed his arm around her shoulder and led her down the nearly empty street. It was never that busy on a Sunday, everyone was most probably at church or something Logan guessed.

They ended up at one of Logan’s favourite bars. He’d bought Marie here before when he wanted to spend some time with her without the chance of being disturbed by Iceprick or her loud mouthed friend. It kinda became tradition for them to come here every Sunday and he‘d walked there without really taking any notice of where he was going.
This bar was actually quite nice, not like the dumps he usually ended up at. If it was like one of them bars there’s no way he’d even think of bringing Marie here.
They walked over to the bar, Logan’s arm still draped over Rogue’s shoulder.

“Hey buddy! Not seen you in a while, how’ve you been?” smiled the man behind the bar, he must have been in his early 40’s.
“Not too bad Marty, just work, you know.” leaning against the bar. Marty bought over a cool bottle of beer. “Could you make that two?” he asked.

Marty walked back over to the fridge to fetch another bottle. He’d seen Marie here with Logan before and didn’t even think about asking for ID, he just assumed she old enough.

After a couple more beers and a catch up with Marty, they sat at their usual table in the furthest corner and ordered some food. Lasagne for Marie and steak for Logan. "Just like old times" Logan had smile at her.

Just as they finished their meals, another customer walked in. Logan could tell who it was just from the strong smell of cheap perfume. He turned away as much as he could in hope that she wouldn’t spot him but it was too late.
“HEY! Logan!” she called, her high pitch voice pierced his ears.
He rolled his eyes “Here we go…” he mumbled, already becoming annoyed from her presence. “Hey” he said in a dull uncaring tone, barley looking at her.
“Where you been, babe?” she said as she neared, trying to look as sexy as possible but failing miserably .
Rogue had seen her in here a many times before and knew that there was no way she was a threat to her. She bit down on the inside of her cheeks, trying desperately not to laugh as the 50-something woman sashayed over. She’d always reminded Rogue of an old worn leather bag.
“Workin’” Logan replied quickly, still avoiding looking at her.
“So you gonna be sticking around here for a while? I’ve missed ya you know.” she said flirtatiously as she ran her fingers through her badly damaged bleach blonde hair and pouted with her already over inflated collagen lips.
“Hm.” Logan grunted, viciously stabbing his last piece of steak. Rogue turned her head, and screwed up her eyes, she’d never wanted to laugh so much in her life.
“I have to go to the bathroom” Rogue quickly squeaked standing up. As she walked of giggling she looked over her shoulder to see Logan give her a look of despiration and annoyance that she’d left him on his own with this weird woman that never left him alone. It seemed no matter where he went, she always turned up. “jeez she must be stalking me!” he thought to himself.
“So,” said the woman as she pulled up a chair next the table and sat down. She crossed her legs which made her skirt ride up even higher than it already was and leaned in, purposely making her top fall lower to expose even more of her saggy, over tanned skin.

Marie had stepped out of the ladies and almost burst into another fit of laughter at the look of pure horror that now filled Logan’s face. She made her way over to the bar and ordered another beer. Marty glanced over at Logan as he tried to get away from the woman. “I see Sue didn’t take long to find Logan” he chuckled as he handed the freshly opened bottle to Rogue. She reached into her pocket to pay him “Don’t worry, darl’, its on the house” he smiled, looking back in Logan’s direction.

As Sue made her way to the ladies, Logan seized his chance to get away and quickly walked over to Rogue “ Come on Marie, time to go.” he reached into his pocket and pulled out a few notes and quickly smacked them onto the bar as Rogue downed the rest of her drink “keep the change.” he said quickly looking over his shoulder as he took Rogues hand and hastily made his way to the door dragging her with him.
“Bye!” Rogue called over her shoulder to Marty, who waved laughing at Logan’s desperation to escape from the creepy woman.

Once they were outside Rogue couldn’t stop laughing as he walked as quickly as possible back to Scott’s bike. “I swear that woman is stalking me!” he said, a hit on concern in his voice, like he thought she actually was.
“Well, no wonder she wants you, sugar. And to tell the truth, you looked like you were enjoying yourself too.” Rogue teased.
“Quit it Marie, I’m serious! Everywhere I go, she just happens to be there. She’s obsessed!”
“Ohh the big bad Wolverine isn’t getting scared now is he?” Rogue laughed.
“Yeah actually, I am!” he admitted, laughing a little. He couldn’t deny that it was kinda funny that she thought she stood a chance.
"Definetly like old times" she laughed.
Chapter 6 by Kitten
Author's Notes:
Sorry it's a short one again
“Where did you sneak off to?” Jubilee asked when Rogue walked into the rec room where Bobby, Peter and Kitty also were.
Just as Rogue was about to reply, Logan walked in behind her.
“Oh I get it” Jubilee grinned.

“Oh shit, she knows!” thought Rogue.

“Now Wolvie’s back you’re gonna be going off every Sunday for your motorbike lessons, I completely forgot about those. We were just about to watch a movie, wanna join?” she asked.
“Sure” she smiled.
“Bike lessons?” Logan asked raising one eyebrow.
“It’s the only thing I could think of.” she hissed. Rogue could of told her friend the truth, after all it wasn’t like they’d been doing anything wrong, but knowing Jubilee she would of jumped to conclusions and thought something was going on. At least if she said that now, she would be right.

***

Logan and Rogue sat next each other during the movie. It was something about gangsters, not that she’d been paying that much attention. All the subtle little touches and looks Logan had been giving her throughout the movie had distracted her.
Logan left see if there were any beers in the fridge and Rogue went up to her room, leaving the others to their game of foosball.

***

“Hey!” came an annoyed voice from the other side of the kitchen as Logan walked in. Logan grunted at the annoyed man sitting at the table, the smell of his coffee filling the room.
“Where the hell were you earlier?”
“Out.” He snapped, reaching into the fridge to grab a beer he‘d left there earlier that morning.
“Well, I heard you in your room, talking to someone. When I knocked, you didn’t answer and when I finally managed to open your door, you weren’t there.”
“Wow, you need to get your hearing checked, as well as your eyes, Scooter”
“Who were you talking to?” Scott asked, trying to ignore that comment.

Logan removed the bottle from his lips and looked over at Scott “I’m seriously starting to worry about you. You really should get the professor to take a look at that messed up head of yours.”
Scott stood up angrily and marched over to the door, dropping his mug into the sink as he stomped past.
“You better watch it, Wolverine.” he warned as he left, heading of to his room.

***

As Rogue pulled her black night dress over her head there was a knock at the door. She walked over and opened the door. “Hey” Logan grinned as he swaggered into her room, the glass bottle of beer in his hand nearly empty. His eyes roamed her barely dressed body.

“Can’t keep away, sugar?” she asked flirtatiously, as she walked over to him and placed her hands onto his shoulders.
He placed his beer onto her desk and wrapping his arms around her, pulled her into a passionate kiss. His hands ran up and down her back as she tangled her fingers into his hair. He gently pushed her down onto her bed and began to kiss her neck slowly moving down to her collarbone making her moan and quiver beneath him with pleasure. He felt himself become hard, lust filled his eyes as the scent of her arousal became stronger and he tried his best to control his urge to just take her right there.
He let one of his hands drift down to stroke the inside of her thigh as she opened the buttons on his shirt to expose his perfectly toned torso.

He didn’t hear the footsteps or the other scent becoming stronger, he was too lost in the moment with Rogue. Her scent and every slight noise she made intoxicated him.

A sudden loud knock shocked the both of them. Logan panicked and quickly threw himself of the bed, making a loud thud on the floor. Rogue quickly sat up.
The door swung open to reveal a rather worried looking Jubilee “Are you ok, Rogue? What was that noise?” she asked concerned.
“Yeah, yeah I’m alright” Rogue replied flustered as she ran her fingers through her tousled hair. “I just, hit my head on the bead post” she lied.
“Okay.” Jubilee replied slowly, not sure if she should believe her friend. “Kitty and I were wondering if you wanted to come to our room and have a bit of a sleepover since we don’t have classes in the morning.”

Damn! Logan knew he’d forgotten something, the teachers had a training session in the danger room early the next morning. Fuck.

“Nah, I’m kinda tired. Had a busy afternoon.” she lied, once again.
“Oh come on! Please?” Jubilee begged. “We haven’t had many girly nights since you got your own room.”
Rogue sighed “I know, and I really would like to, but I just really need to sleep now. Maybe some other time though, we can make a proper night of it then.”
“Alright. But next time I get to chose the movie and give you a make over.” she smiled as she closed the door.

After she was far away enough, Logan got up from beside her bed where he’d been hiding. “That was close,” he smirked “seriously, does she ever leave you alone?”

“Her and Kitty are my best friends, you know that.” she said raising both eyebrows at him.

“Yeah well, have they never heard of personal space?” he said, running his fingers through his hair.
He sat on the edge of Rogue’s bed and cupped her chin in his hand and kissed her softly on her lips.
“I better get goin’ before anyone else decides to invade your room” he grinned. He pressed his lips against hers again, more passionately this time, as he gently pushed her back so she was laying down. He slipped his tongue into her mouth making her moan.
He pulled away and flashed her a mischievous smile, he could tell how turned on she was just by the look in her eyes.
“G’nite Marie” he smiled before giving her one last peck on the lips and quietly made his way back to his own room.
It was always fun to leave a girl wanting more.
End Notes:
The next one will be longer and better, promise
I'll be watching you... by Kitten
Author's Notes:
This was inspired by Every breath you take by The Police.

Smut warning *blush* I tried my best so pleace be kind!
*Fast forward 5 days*

“Rogue?” Jubilee said for the fifth time as she nudged her friend to get her attention.
“Hu?” she quickly snapped her eyes away from the teachers table and looked at her friend.
“You like him, don’t you? That’s why you‘ve been acting weird all week.” she asked looking over to where Rogue’s gaze had been fixed since they’d arrived for lunch.
“What? No I-” trying to stop her cheeks turning scarlet.
“I don’t get what you see in him, especially how he treated you.” Kitty joined in.
“Yeah come on chica, what he did with Siren, that was just evil.”
Rogue was just about to open her mouth, when she realised they were talking about Bobby. She just looked up at her friends and smiled weakly “I guess you’re right.” It was better to let them think it was Bobby that she’d had on her mind all week than them know the truth.

**

Something was different about him. He was still annoying the hell out of Scott but not by his continuous flirting with her. He’d hardly even looked at her since he got back. She’d given him plenty of chances to flirt and lay his hands on her this morning in the danger room, but he just didn’t seem to respond. When looked over at him from across the table at lunch time, he didn’t give her a single glance. Something was up, perhaps he’d had a lobotomy while he was away.

Jean tapped her pen against her desk unable to concentrate on the paperwork before her. Something had to be done.
She left her office and made her way over to Logan’s making sure no one was around before knocking on the door. No answer. That was strange, he didn’t usually hang about in the mansion when the kids were about. It was coming up to 4o’clock, they‘d all be finishing their lessons around this time. She pushed the door open and popped her head in to check. “Logan?” she called. She closed the door and headed down stairs to check the garage.
He wasn’t there either. And Scott’s bike was still there, so he hadn’t gone out. Jean’s confusion grew. This really wasn’t like Logan at all.
As she made her way to the kitchen, she saw him outside, sitting on a low red-brick wall, cigar in his mouth. She smiled wickedly, finally she’d found her prey. She opened the French doors that led out to the patio and stepped outside. He looked up and that familiar feral smile spread across his lips, his eyes gleaming. She tried her best suppress the smug smile that so desperately wanted to let it’s self known.
“Hey.” she heard a voice behind her. Rogue walked passed quickly making a beeline for him.
Jean scowled at the presence of the young girl interrupting her. She looked back to Logan, his eyes were no longer fixed on her, but the young girl walking towards him.
“Alright, darlin’?” he asked her, standing up, he still had that look in his face. And wait, did he just call her darling? As Rogue settled on the wall next to Logan, Jean just stood and stared.

Logan looked up at her “Yeah?” he asked sharply. Normally he’d be almost purring to her as he spoke, he’d be like putty in her hands.
“Have either of you seen Scott?” she asked quickly. She didn’t want him to know that she actually enjoyed his flirtacious advances and actually wanted to ask him what the hell was going on between him and herself.

“Try the kitchen, he was in there a few minutes ago when I passed” Rogue replied, trying not to smile too smugly at the look that was a mix of disappointment and shock on the red head’s face at the way Logan looked, or rather, didn’t look at her.
“Thanks” she said trying to smile before turning on her heel and heading back inside.
She looked at the through the glass of the door as she closed it and watched as the pair began chatting and laughing together. She watched as he pulled the young girl into a hug, a slight look of worry on her face. But the look on his face hadn’t changed. It was familiar, sort of how he used to look at her, but there was a lot more to it, something so much deeper.

She walked back to her office, her thoughts racing. She grew suspicious of how close he’d suddenly become to Rogue since his return. They did spend some time together before but not as much as they
did now. They’d spent all of Sunday together, smiled at each other and exchanged glances in the corridors or from across the dinning room, gave each other subtle little touches when ever they were close enough. And Logan was spending more time in the rec room, and whenever he was there, so was she.
Something had to be going on.

Jealousy boiled up inside her as she sat and held her head in her hands at the oak desk. It was stupid of her to be jealous, she had everything she needed with Scott. But there was something about the other man that excited her and she loved all the attention he’d given her, even if she pretended she wasn’t interested. Deep down she wanted him so badly it hurt. Now his attention had been stolen away by Rogue. Perhaps he’d given up chasing her, tired of rejection. But to then go and turn his focus to a vulnerable young girl, well that was just wrong.
“Oh well, its not like she can touch him without killing him.” she thought bitterly.

***

“I win again! Looks like the Wolverine is losing his touch.” Rogue teased, laying her pool cue back onto the pool table.
“That was just a lucky shot” Logan replied trying not to show how annoyed he actually was after loosing for the third time, especially since a small crowed of spectators had gathered in the rec room to watch. Most of them had been drawn in by Jubilee’s shouts and screams of her friends victory every time she managed to hit another ball into a pocket.
Logan picked up his beer and flopped down onto the sofa. Jubilee and Peter set up the pool table for their game as most of the other students left the room, no longer interested in watching now Wolverine no longer participating.

After a few more rounds of pool it was approaching 11 o’clock. “We’re gonna go watch a movie in my room, wanna join?” Peter asked politely as ever. Jubilee, Kitty, Bobby and John all stood waiting for her reply.
“Um, nah it’s ok thanks, I have some studying to do.” Rogue said, her eyes drifting awkwardly away when she saw the look of disappointment on Bobby’s face. As the boys left the room, Kitty and Jubilee stayed behind. Feeling a little uneasy, Logan left to fetch another beer from the kitchen.
“Come on, it’s Friday, you have all weekend to study” whined Kitty.
“Yeah and just ignore Bobby, chica. Forget about him.”
Rogue shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She wanted to stay with Logan, but of course she couldn’t tell them that.
“I don’t know, I’m just a little confused at the moment, I need some space to think-”
“Think about what?” Jubilee exclaimed “What he did was wrong. End of. You shouldn’t give him another chance, he’ll just break your heart again.”
“I know that, just, I don’t really fancy watching a film right now and I don’t really want to have to sit for another two hours with him staring at me.”
“Ok then.” Kitty smiled weakly and the girls went to re-join the group.

Rogue sighed, as much as she hated lying to her friends, she had to. She couldn’t let them know about her and Logan, she couldn’t risk anyone finding out otherwise she’d be expelled for sure. And even if she was allowed to stay, there would be no way Logan would be allowed to stay at the mansion too. It didn’t seem fair, it wasn’t like she was under age, but not everyone would see it that way. She made her way to the kitchen to find Logan leaning against the fridge sipping his beer. She casually walked over to him and planted a soft kiss on his lips. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. “I was wondering when they’d leave” he grinned before pulling her into a passionate kiss. He was finding it harder than ever to control the beast within him. The last time they’d been alone like this, Jubilee had rudely walked, killing the moment. Logan wished he’d stayed to finished what he’d started that night. Rogue pulled her lips away form his, he could smell her arousal growing stronger and he could see the lust in her eyes, mirroring his.
“You thinkin’ what I’m thinkin’, sugar?” she asked, blushing slightly as her own words. A wicked smile spread across his lips. He quickly finished his drink and grabbed her hand. She let out a tiny squeal of excitement and surprise as he pulled her towards the kitchen door.

They made their way to Logan’s room as quietly as they could, Rogue’s heartbeat soared as her anticipation grew stronger. Logan opened his bedroom door letting her in, he followed and locked the door after him.
He tore eagerly at her clothes as he kissed her, roughly forcing his tongue into her mouth. She pulled at his wifebeater which he quickly removed to let her hands roam his chest. Her hands lowered and started to undo his belt as he kissed her neck, running his hands up to her breasts. He pushed her onto his bed and pulled off his jeans. He crawled onto the bed and pulled at her black jeans with his teeth, the beast was starting to take over, she could see it in his eyes but she wasn’t scared, infact this excited her more. She moved her hands down to open the button on her jeans for him as he’d seem to forgotten how to do it himself. He pulled them down roughly, leaving her laying there in nothing but her red lace underwear. He managed to gain control of the animal within him and kissed her thighs up towards her panties, he lingered there for a few seconds sensing her excitement before continuing up her stomach and breasts.
“Logan” she moaned, her hands tangled in his hair as he kissed her bare breasts, his erection pushing against. He kissed her neck as he rubbed her clit through her wet panties. She bit her lip trying to keep as quiet as she could. He let out a low growl as he pulled her panties to one side and slid himself inside her, making her gasp. He looked down at her, her cheeks red, her breathing was heavy, she nodded letting him know she was ready for him to continue. She moaned as her back arched as he thrust himself into her, the look on her face only making him want more.
He could feel her getting closer, her body withering beneath him with every thrust. “Oh Logan” she moaned as quietly as she could, biting down on her lip to stop herself from screaming. The feeling of her orgasm making him climax seconds after.

He collapsed next to her as they both gasped for air, sweat dripping down both of their bodies.
“How was that?” he asked breathlessly.
“So much better than last time” she managed to whisper, “Not that last time was anything to- complain about” she laughed still catching her breath.
He smiled weakly as she lay her head on his chest, she could hear his heart still racing. He planted a soft kiss on her head as they both fell asleep in each others arms.

***

The morning light shone through the window as Rogue blinked. She looked around then suddenly realised she was in Logan’s room, his arms still wrapped protectively around her. She lay and quietly stared at his sleeping face. She still couldn’t quite believe that after years of dreaming, this was finally coming true, only this was better than anything she could imagine.
His eyes slowly opened and he let out a sleepy growl. “Mornin’ babe” he smiled lazily.
“Mornin’” she whispered back.

After a refreshing shower, together of course, and getting dressed, they made their way down to the dinning hall to get some breakfast. They neared the end of the corridor and reached the top of the stairs when they heard a door open. “Rogue? What are you doing here?” came Jean’s confused voice from behind them.
“Go on, I’ll take care of this” Logan whispered to Rogue. She slowly made her way down the stairs, looking over her shoulder at him, her eyes full of worry. They’d been caught for sure.
Logan turned to face Jean, she was standing in the door way of her room, her white silk robe wrapped loosely around her, her hair ruffled.
“What is she doing here?” Jean asked, her tone stern and accusing.
“Relax Jean, she just had a nightmare.”
“Logan, you know its forbidden for her to be in your room.” the red-haired woman hissed
“The poor girl was terrified, what was I meant to do, turn her away?” Logan protested. Jean frowned at him, not believing a word.
“What would the professor say?” she snapped glaring at him.
“What’s the matter, Red? Jealous it wasn’t you sleeping in my bed last night?” he smirked. Her face turned red, half with anger, half embarrassment.
“Logan if you-”
“I haven’t done anything. Get your head out of the gutter, Jean, just ’cus Cyke isn’t giving you any.”
“What happens between me and Scott is private!” she gasped, disgusted at his acusations.
“Well then, you keep your nose outta my business and I’ll keep mine outta yours.” Logan said smugly, knowing he’d won the argument.
“I’ll be watching you, Logan” she warned him before retreating back into her room and slamming the door behind her.
End Notes:
Please be kind and don't forget to rate and leave feedback!
Chapter 8 by Kitten
She was waiting paitently at the bottom of the stairs, the smug look on Logan’s face when he joined her told her all she needed to know. They walked in a comfortable silence to the dinning room, the smell of fresh coffee and toast greeting them.
There were a few younger students sitting at the table in the centre of the room chatting amongst themselves, Scott and Ororo sitting in silence at the ‘X-table’ reading newspapers and drinking their coffee. Rogue made her way over to the table her and her friends usually sat at in the far corner of the room, a plate of pancakes in one hand, orange juice in the other. She looked at the watch on her wrist, nearly half past eight. There was no sign of Kitty or Jubilee, and there was no way any of the guys would be awake this early on a Saturday morning. “Enjoy the peace while it lasts” she thought to herself.
As she took a long drink of her orange juice, a shadow cast over her as Logan sat down opposite her, placing a plate full of bacon, eggs and toast onto the table in front of him.
“Not sitting at the x-table?” she asked slightly confused. After what happened with Jean a few minutes ago, she thought he’d try to not provoke the situation by sitting with her.
“Nah.” he said, swallowing a piece of toast. “Don’t get me wrong, Ororo is probably one of the nicest people on the team but she can bore me to hell sometimes. And as for Scooter, don’t get me started.”

***

Rogue’s class had a training session in the danger room that morning with Logan. One of Professor Xaiver’s lessons had been cancelled so his class joined them.
They went thought a couple of simulations and did some one-to-one hand combat, Logan‘s class against the professor’s. Logan wasn’t in the best of moods most mornings, today wasn‘t really an exception, about the only person he was being nice to was Rogue.
“Hey that’s not fair! I did way better than her!” Siryn protested, she never liked to come last in anything, especially since it was Rogue she had been up against. She’d always been jealous of her and Bobby‘s relationship and was bitterly disappointed when the kiss she shared with him led to nothing more. She knew he still liked Rogue which made her jealousy worse.

“Too bad, better luck next time.” is all Logan had said to her.

As everyone left the danger room, Siryn stayed behind, still arguing with Logan. Rogue lingered in the doorway for a minute, then decided to leave. She knew Siryn had no reason to kick off about losing, other than jealousy and Logan knew it. As she made her way to the locker room she heard the girl marching quickly behind her.
“Fuckin’ bitch.” Siryn snarled as she stomped passed.
“I beg your pardon!” Rogue yelled at her.
She instantly turned on her heel, “I said” she walked closer to her now, “You’re a fuckin bitch” she spat.
Rogue stared back in disbelief, all this over a boy she wasn’t even going out with anymore?
“What’s wrong, you mad cus you lost or because you’re jealous?” Anger boiled up inside her as she glared back at her fellow student.

Siryn shoved her using all her strength, Rogue’s body hitting hard against the wall behind her. The shock was worse than the pain. “Me grow up? Excuse me, but aren’t you the little baby that can’t control her own powers? Maybe it’s because Wolverine feels sorry for you that you’re teachers pet. Or perhaps it’s the fact you nearly killed him twice and he’s scared that if he’s not nice to you, you might do it for real next time. Or maybe it‘s got something to do with the fact you‘ve been following him around like a lost puppy since he got back. Do you seriously, think he‘d ever look twice at you?” She snarled, looking Rogue up and down in disgust “And as for Bobby, he must’ve had something seriously wrong with him when he went out with you.” She gave Rogue another hate filled look before turning and marching to the locker room.

Her words hurt her more than she thought they would. Although she could control her powers now, she still hadn’t gotten around to announce it to anyone but Logan yet. And as for her following him around like a lost puppy, maybe she too had noticed the way they were around each other but she didn’t have any solid proof.

Rogue decided to go change in her room, not that she was scared or felt threatened, she couldn’t be bothered with any more arguments or confrontations in the locker room. After a quick shower and a change of clothes Rogue flopped down onto her bed and stared at the ceiling. It was nearing lunch time, she didn’t feel like having anything to eat, she was to busy trying to come up with a plan.
How should she go about announcing her ability to finally control her powers? Run around the mansion wearing as little clothing as possible and let her bare skin touch everyone she saw? No.
Punch Siryn in the face with her bare, un-gloved fists turning the green-eyed monster into a black-eyed one? As much as she liked this idea, it’d have to be a no, she’d get into too much trouble and that jealous psycho wasn’t worth it.
How about jumping on Logan and making out with him in front of the whole school? If only she could! She wanted everyone to know that she‘d managed to tame the wild Wolverine. That’d rub the stupid smile off Dr. Grey’s smug face. But no, that’d bring even more trouble to her and Logan.

A knock on the door made her snap out of the little stories she was going through in her head. Before she could answer, the door opened and in rushed an angry Jubilee and concerned Kitty.
“That girl, who does she think she is!” yelled Jubilee as Kitty closed the door.
“Are you ok, Rogue?” Kitty asked walking over to sit next to Rogue, who was now sitting up on her bed.
“Yeah I’m fine.” she smiled at her friend’s concern. They’d obviously heard something mentioned in the locker room.
“Honestly, that girl, she’s crazy! She was babbling on about you and Bobby and how you are ruining her chances with him by flirting with him and leading him on. And you know what else she said? She said that you didn’t sleep in your own room last night and you were seen by someone coming out of Wolvie’s room this morning. How crazy is that!” Jubilee ranted, pacing up and down
Rogue tried to hide the worried look on her face when Jubilee said that last part and just nodded in agreement.
“I mean, me and Kitty know that you two are close, but we know it’s nothing like the way she was making it out to be.”
“Don’t worry about her, everyone knows about her and her stories” Kitty reassured her friend, placing a caring hand on her gloved one.
“I know, I just don’t want her and her big mouth getting Logan into trouble, he only just came back.” Rogue was worrying now. What if one of the teachers heard? What if the professor found out?
“Don't worry about it, chica. You gonna come get something to eat with us?” Jubilee asked now she’d clam down a bit.
“Nah I had a big breakfast and I have something to work on. I’ll catch ya up in a bit” Rogue smiled as her friends left.
She felt so guilty hiding all this from them but she had to. Jean probably wouldn’t of mentioned the incident in the morning to anyone other than Scott, perhaps she‘d overheard. But they obviously believed her over Siryn. Seriously, what was it with redheads?
End Notes:
No offence if you are a redhead!
Don't stand so close to me... by Kitten
“Hello?” She didn’t recognise the number that had flashed up on the screen of her cell phone.
“Hey darlin’” Logan’s voice came from the other end of the phone. “You ok?”
“Yeah I’m fine” she said confused “You finally-”
“Got a phone, I know” he finished her sentence for her. He hadn’t owned a phone since, well ever. The closest thing he ever had to a phone was one of the radio’s that everyone had as part of the X-men uniform, to use on missions. He heard Rogue’s slight snicker of amusement from the other end of the phone.
“So am I not good enough to accompany you out anymore?” she asked teasingly.
“It’s not that darlin’, I couldn’t. I‘m back now anyway.” he sighed heavily “Look, I hate to burst your bubble, but Jean, she told Storm about this morning, and they were overheard.”
“Siryn” Rogue sighed. The whole school must’ve heard by now she guessed. She hadn’t left her room since returning from the training session that morning. It’s amazing how quickly things could spread in the matter of a couple hours.
“I heard her and Storm talking in the staffroom as I came in a few minutes ago, thankfully I think Storm talked her out of it, but still…” His voice trailed off he knew what this could mean. If the professor found out then, well he just didn’t know what would happen. Rogue knew what this meant.
“Looks like we’re gonna have to just lay low for a while, until they forget about it or change their minds…” She could hear the sadness in his voice. Finally she was old enough, but he still couldn’t have her. Life was a bitch at times. Well, always it seemed.
“It’s not fair!” she protested.

But she too knew full well that it wasn’t just about the two of them. It was about the reputation of the school as well. The professor would be able to tell that what they felt for each other was genuine, but whether he’d let them carry on their relationship, or let them stay even, would be a completely different story. Only one parent had to hear that a teacher was dating a student and the schools reputation would be completely ruined.

“I know sweetheart” he sighed. “but it’s either that or face the consequences, whatever they may be” he couldn’t remember his own past, let alone be able to predict the future. “Well, you have my number now, so if you need me or whatever then call me or send message….later darlin’”

Tears welled up in her eyes as he hung up. Jean and her big mouth. She was always sticking her nose in where it wasn’t wanted and letting students overhear such delicate subjects, that was unprofessional of her. What else did she say without thinking who was about? Did she ever discuss when someone went to see her for medical advice?

Hopefully Logan was right about Storm. She always though logically and rationally about things before jumping to conclusions. She just hoped Scott wouldn’t find out, he’d go running to the professor straight away for sure, anything to get Logan into trouble. They were always at each others throats.

***

The next few days were difficult. No usual Sunday outing. No proper face to face conversations. No ‘accidentally’ brushing against each other as they passed in the corridor. No secret visits to each others rooms. Just pain and secrecy. Low whispers and stares even if they were seen sitting at other ends of the dinning room or happened to pass each other while walking down the corridor.

Rogue was in Jubilee and Kitty’s room, they’d been studying for a maths test they had the next morning. Well not that much studying happened, Jubilee just wanted to know all the gossip about Peter and Kitty. Kitty blushed as she told them of how Peter had finally asked her to go on a date with him on Friday night. Jubilee then decided that they needed to find something nice for her to wear and proceeded to pull every item of clothing out of Kitty’s wardrobe.

Although she was happy for her friend, she couldn’t help but feel a little jealous. It was alright for Kitty and Peter, they wouldn’t have to hide their feelings for each other. Sure, he was older than her, but it was only two years, she was only sixteen, yet it was perfectly alright for her to date a guy of eighteen.
“Are you ok Rogue? You haven’t seemed yourself for the past few days.” Kitty asked
“Yeah come on, chica, what’s getting you down so bad? Not still worried about Siryn are you?”
“No.” Rogue sighed softly.
“Look, if it’s about Bobby, then just forget about him.” Kitty said sympathetically. Rogue’s cell phone flashed and vibrated again. Jubilee and Kitty both looked to Rogue as she opened the newly received text, hoping she’d finally tell them who it was she’d been messaging all evening.
“It’s him isn’t it? It’s Bobby.” Jubilee guessed.

All Rogue wanted to do was tell them the truth. That the rumours were true about her staying in Logan’s room that night. She wanted so much to tell them that she was madly in love with him, so much it hurt. And more than anything, that he actually felt the same way about her.
“Nope, not Bobby.”
“Then who?” Kitty and Jubilee exclaimed at the same time.
“Just, some guy I met a week or two ago…” Rogue lied.
“Well come on chica! Spill the beans already!!” jubilee squealed, excitement on her face. “What’s his name? Where did you meet? Oh! Is he a mutant too?” She asked all at once. This was going to be a long night…

***

Logan sighed as he waited for a reply, tucking his hand back behind his head as he lay staring at the ceiling. Another boring night, alone. He wished Marie was with him. Hell he didn’t even care if they just sat in complete silence all night together, he just wanted her here with him. He laughed a little to himself at that, who’d of ever thought that the big bad Wolverine had a soft side.

To be completely honest, he didn’t even know it himself, not until the day he met her. So alone and helpless. As he drove away and left her standing in the road, he felt so guilty, he had to stop and let her in. He couldn’t just leave her there, she was just a kid.
And when they arrived at the mansion, the only thing he really cared about was her. And as the days and weeks past they grew closer. She was the only person he really trusted, ever.

That night when he nearly killed her. That was probably the worst memory he had. He’d do anything to change that if he could. And that night on Liberty Island, he didn’t care if he died, the only thing that mattered was her.

That night at the fair, on the Ferris wheel, he wanted so badly to tell her that he’d never leave again and hold her close, tell her everything was going to be alright, that he loved her. But he didn’t have the courage. He’d never felt that way before and to be honest, it scared him. That night, he had to leave. Not to try and find some more clues to his past, but to try and forget about her. He shouldn’t have been feeling like that about her. She was young, too young. But he couldn’t get her off his mind. No matter how long, or how many times he left, it was no use. So he stayed away until it would be ok to let her know.

Only it wasn’t.

A silent tear rolled down his cheek. Wolverine never, ever cried. Again, something that changed when he met her.

He growled angrily at himself for get so worked up and wiped the tear away. He’d just have to wait, or come up with a plan….
End Notes:
The truth will come out very soon, dont worry!
The Truth by Kitten
Author's Notes:
Sorry this one is kinda short
It was nearly 11pm as she made her way back to her room. As she turned a corner, she bumped into Jean. “What’s this? Sneeking off to see Logan again?” she asked bitterly, a look of disgust on her face.
“No.” Rogue snapped and carried on walking.
“You know he doesn’t love you Rogue, stop fooling yourself.” she said as Rogue passed her. Rogue turned around in anger, about to yell at her that she didn’t know Logan like she did. “He was with me earlier, and the way he was talking to me, looking at me. He doesn’t want you. He wants a real woman not a girl.” she smirked.
“Liar.” Rogue hissed.
“Seriously sweety,” Jean smiled patronizingly “Do you seriously think he was thinking about you when he was away, fucking all the women he picked up in bars? He’s hardly the romantic, sentimental type. Let’s face it, Rogue, he just want’s to get laid and well, we both know that you can’t give him that.” an evil grin was now on her face, her eyes glowing with the satisfaction of seeing the tears well up in the young girl’s eyes.
“You don’t know anything about me, or Logan for that matter! You don‘t know what he thinks, how he feels.” she shouted, fighting back the tears.
“And you do? You keep telling yourself that, kid.” she said mockingly before turning away and continuing down the corridor.

Rogue saw red. In a fit of anger she ripped off her gloves and ran up behind her red haired woman. Jean turned and screamed in terror as Rogue pushed her bare hands onto her face.

But nothing happened.

Jean stood there shocked and confused. An evil smile spread across her lips as the redhead looked at her dumbfounded.

Logan was the first to arrive at the scene, a few seconds later, the older students and some of the brave younger ones came running to see what all the commotion was about. Gasps filled the air as they saw Rogue’s bare hands firmly pressed against Dr. Grey’s face and nothing happening.

Storm and Scott turned up a few seconds later. They’d come running from the staff kitchen ready for whatever waited for them, so they thought.

“It’s true then?” Jean whispered so quiet only Rogue and Logan could hear her. The only reply she got was a silent nod from Rogue.

“Come on move it, show’s over” Logan said to the crowd that had gathered in the corridor. Most of them slowly made their way back to their rooms except got Jubilee, the only one to stand there and not listen as always.
“Rogue? Rogue?” She asked, confused before Storm ushered her back to her room.

Rogue slowly moved her hands away from Jean’s face, Logan grabbed her arm “What are you doing?”
He hissed annoyed at her stupidity.
Before she could answer, the professor’s voice came into everyone’s heads

“Come to my office now, we need to talk”
The Consequences by Kitten
Storm closed the door behind them as they arrived at the professor’s office. Scott wrapped his arms around Jean who was shaking. Logan stood with Rogue, still a little annoyed at her. What she did was foolish, but there was nothing he could do about it now.
“Now what seems to be the problem?” asked the professor, calm as always.
“She nearly killed me! That’s what happened!” Jean shrieked, pointing a shaking finger at Rogue. Rogue just about managed to stop the scream that was ready to burst from her lips.
“Now, I’m sure that’s not what has happened. Rogue?” The professor, turned to her waiting for her version of events.
“She asked for it” Is all she managed to say, her voice shaking in anger and worry.
“I didn’t do anything!” the older woman spat back. The professor held his hand up to signal them to be quiet, which they did.
“Rogue, you’re going to have to tell the truth, whatever it may be.” he said his voice kind and reassuring.

Rogue looked up at Logan, who bowed his head slightly, letting her know it was ok for her to carry on. What choice did he have? There was no other way of explaining what had just happened. He just hoped the professor would be understanding of their situation.
“I wasn’t trying to kill her” Rogue her eyes darting to Storm, Scott, Jean and the Professor “She gave me no other choice. The things she said because she's jealous, I just wanted to shut her up, prove her wrong!” she was getting angry again now.

“What I’m trying to say is…” her voice trailed off and she turned again to look at Logan for help. Her eyes dropped down to the floor, up to the professor and back to the man next to her. “It’s true. Me and Logan…” she lowered her head again as the words sank into everyone in the room. Storm sat there eyes wide, Scott looked at Logan disgusted.
“She started saying all these things, nasty lies about Logan. She said I'd never be able to get close to him because of my mutation anyway. So I put my hands on her face and showed her!” her voice becoming louder.

“Rogue, please calm down, we won’t get anywhere by shouting” The professor’s voice was firm but gentle. “Is this true, Jean?” he turned to her, she’d stopped shaking now.
“Professor I -”
“Jean, I am only asking you to tell me, yes or no?” the gentle side of his voice had all but gone now as he began to lose patience with the woman.
“I was trying to save her feelings, he’ll only break her heart!”

Logan tilted his head towards the accusing woman. “You don’t know the first thing about either of us” he growled. Rogue looked up at him, tears filling her eyes. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. As she buried her face into his chest She let out a small sob, unable to hold back her tears any longer. Everyone standing there, staring at her and Logan, what they must thought.
Logan held her tight, stroking her hair gently “Hey, come on Marie, it’s ok” he whispered to her, trying to calm her down.

“This is bullshit!” Scott hissed “You can’t say you believe this, Professor.”
“You can leave now” The Professor said turning to the three onlookers.

Ororo looked on sympathetically, it was painfully obvious to her that Logan’s feelings for the girl were real, she’d never seen him like that with anyone before. She always knew he had a soft spot for Rogue, she just never realised how deep it was.

“Please, sit.” the Professor smiled gesturing to the leather couch as the door clicked shut. Logan stepped back and sat down his arms still cradling Rogue as she sat next to him, her tears beginning to subside.
The professor sighed and gently shook his head. After a few seconds of awkward silence he spoke. “Rogue, I knew long ago of your feelings for Logan. And I have noticed how over protective you are of Rogue, Logan.” he paused for a second “I don’t doubt your feelings for each other. I had a feeling this would happen one day, although I was hoping it would be after Rogue had graduated… I’ve been think about this and have come to the conclusion that it’d be unfair to make either of you leave the institute. I know in most normal schools this would be highly frowned upon, but this is hardly a normal school.” he smiled when he saw the expression of disbelief on Rogue’s face. Logan too looked rather shocked at the professor’s decision.
“But what if one of the parent’s find out?” Rogue asked.
“Near enough all of the student’s here are runaways so I don’t think we’ll have any problems there. All I ask is that you keep your public displays of affection to a minimum.”
“Thank you Professor” Rogue smiled as she and Logan left his office.

As they got to the second floor where Rogue’s room was, Logan still held onto her hand as he continued up to his own room. He looked back at her “What? He didn’t say you weren‘t allowed in my room” he grinned.
Chapter 12 by Kitten
“Logan really have to go!”
Scott stopped dead in his tracks as he heard giggles and low mumbles coming from Logan’s room. He was still staring at the door when it opened and Rogue emerged, still giggling as Logan reluctantly let go of her hand. It must’ve been one hell of a lie they told the Professor after everyone had left last night.
“Hey Scott.” The smile on Logan’s face made Scott feel disgusted. Using a young impressionable girl the way he was and Professor Xavier letting him do it! As Rogue disappeared down the stairs, Scott stepped closer to the smug man leaning on the door frame.
“Just because you managed to fool the professor doesn’t mean you can fool me.” he snarled.
Logan casually ran his hand through his messy black locks. “Well I didn’t think it would be possible to trick a man who can read minds, but if you say so Scooter.” the cocky smile still on his face.
Scott didn’t reply, he just glared at the Canadian before continuing down the corridor.

***

Rogue made her way down to Professor Xavier’s class, the corridors were empty, all the students would be in their classes by now. She looked at her watch as she neared the door to his class, the door half way open. Nearly fifteen minutes late no thanks to Logan and his great idea of joining her in the shower.
She took a deep breath before entering the room “Sorry I’m late.” she said. All eyes fixed on her as she made her way to her seat, the test paper already on her desk. The Professor nodded and everyone turned back to their tests.


The next two and a half hours dragged on for what seemed like an eternity. Awkward glances were shot her way every now and then, but she ignored them. Like Logan had told her, it didn’t matter what anyone else thought.

Rogue quickly made her way back to her room, she needed to change her clothes since she didn’t have the chance to quickly run back to her room to change in the morning.
“What the hell happened last night?” Kitty asked as she and Jubilee caught up with their friend.
Rogue stopped and looked around awkwardly, “Just come to my room, I’ll tell you there” She didn’t feel like talking about it right there in the now busy corridor. The girls just followed her in silence and waited patiently in her room as she quickly changed in the bathroom.

“After what happened we came to see if you were alright, but you weren’t in your room, what‘s going on?” Kitty asked puzzled.
“What happened with Dr. Grey? Chica, people are saying that you were trying to kill her-”
Kitty just looked on eagerly waiting for Rogue to speak.
“Dr. Grey… she just said some really hurtful things to me…”
“About what?” Kitty urged her to go on.

“I wasn’t trying to kill her, it was the exact opposite of that! She started saying horrible things to me, about my mutation. Saying I’d never be able to touch him, so I showed her…” she held out her bare hands to her friends. Jubilee looked from Kitty to Rogue, she slowly reached out and gently placed her fingertips onto the palm of Rogue’s hand. Nothing. She squeezed Rogue’s hand and squealed with delight.
Kitty smiled and grabbed her other hand and smiled in amazement. “When did this happen?”

“A few months ago,” Rogue confessed. “I couldn’t believe it myself when it happened. I didn’t want to tell anyone until I was certain I could control it at all times.”

Her friends smiled and congratulated her. The look on Kitty’s face changed however when she suddenly realised what Rogue had said. “What do you mean, she said you’d never be able to touch him? Who?”
Rogue let her hands slip out of her friend‘s grasps and awkwardly slid them into her pockets. “Logan” she sighed as her eyes drifted to the floor.

“She must’ve heard the rumours too. She’s stupid to listen to those lies.” Kitty rolled her eyes, she didn’t think Dr. Grey would be one to listen to such things.

“They aren’t lies” Rogue said quickly and took a deep breath as her eyes met Kitty‘s. “ Was in Logan’s room that night. Jean saw me leave in the morning.”
Kitty shook her head gently, still slightly confused “So, you did have sex with him?” her eyes and mouth wide open in disbelief.

“It’s not like that. I love him. And he loves me.” Rogue smiled as she said this, such a relief to finally say what she had been dying to say out loud for years. It was as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders.

Jube’s looked over at Kitty “Told ya!“ she said smugly and flashed her a grin. Rogue looked at her friends, they’d guessed?
“Roguey, it was so obvious! First I thought it was Bobby you were getting all googley-eyed over. But then I realised, the moment he got back, you were acting all weird. And not to mention the way he’s been acting around you. He’s almost always hanging around near you, looking at you all the time, smiling. I mean, used to look at you before, but now when he looks at you it‘s different, happy not longing. And Kitty-cat here didn’t believe me!”
Rogue laughed and blushed a little, had they really been so obvious?

“So when did you tell him?” Jubilee asked excited as she sat down on Rogue‘s bed. She always liked to talk about boys, or men in this case. Rogue raised an eyebrow as she too sat down.
“That you love him, silly!” she laughed “Come on, tell us all the things I know you’re dying to say.”

“You don’t, think it’s…wrong?” she asked, thinking about how Scott had looked at her and Logan that morning.
“The only thing that is wrong about it is you haven’t told me or Kitty anything about it!”
“Yeah but Scott said that we shouldn’t be allowed to-”
“Oh who cares what Mr. Summers thinks! You’re eighteen now and it’s not like Logan is a proper teacher at the school, he just helps with training. Come on, when?” Kitty said getting back Jubilee’s question as she sat on the computer chair and wheeled closer to her friends.

Rogue smiled at her impatient friends “On my birthday. You remember I said I went out for a walk, well…I didn’t. There was a note on my bed saying to go to the cabin, I thought it was from Bobby…”

“And?”
“What happened when you got there?”

Rogue hesitated. She wasn‘t one to tell people about personal matters, but then again, they were her best friends. “There were candles everywhere, a log fire burning-”

“Candles? Never though Wolvie could be romantic!” Jubilee giggled at the thought “Anyway?”

“Then he was there. And I told him that I could control my mutation and that I wanted him to be the first to know. And he said he had something to tell me too. I thought he was going to say he was leaving for good but he…said he loved me.” she smiled as her gaze drifted off dreamily at that memory.

“And let me guess, after that he made wild passionate love to you all night long!” Jubilee said as she tossed her head around to try and illustrate what she was saying in case she hadn’t said it quite loud enough.

Rogue just laughed but the redness of her cheeks confirmed that Jubilee had said was correct.
“I must admit it Rogue, I am a little jealous, Wolvie is hot!” Rogue raised her eyebrows at Jubilee’s confession.“ But I wouldn‘t be able to put up with that temper of his” she continued

“He’s not always in a bad mood, you just have to get to know him, that’s all” Rogue told her friend. She knew Logan found Jubilee annoying with her constant talking, but she didn’t want to tell her that, Jubilee had probably sussed that one out for herself anyway.

They talked about Logan for a while, but Rogue didn’t tell them every detail, there were things were private between her and Logan. Once Jubilee and Kitty had managed to get as much information out of Rogue as they could, the conversation turned to Kitty’s date with Peter. After another debate on what Kitty should wear, Jubilee decided that the only thing to do was go and buy a whole new outfit and they didn’t have any more lessons that day, so they headed out to town in Kitty’s car.

***
The Plan by Kitten
Author's Notes:
Sorry I've taken so long, had to send my laptop away to be repaired.
Enough was enough.

He got up from his desk, throwing his pen down making it bounce off the pile of papers and onto the floor. Last night and this morning’s events had been on his mind all day. It was sickening. He made his way out of his office and marched to Professor Xavier’s class.
He pushed the heavy wooden door open and looked inside.
“Ah Scott, how can I help you?” the Professor smiled as he looked up from the morning’s test papers he was busy marking.
Scott closed the door and walked into empty classroom. “I think you know what the problem is Professor.” he said bluntly, as he walked in between the empty desks making his way to the front of the class where the Professor was sitting.
“Scott, if this is about Logan and Rogue, I have already made my decision.” he replied firmly before turning back to his papers.
“Professor, you can’t possibly be saying that you’re going to allow this to go on.” Scott protested “He’s a teacher and she’s a student! She’s a young, vulnerable girl, he’s just-”
“Logan has no bad intentions. He cares for the girl. It is obvious to me that she is the only reason Logan returns. I do not question his love for her.”
“But-”
“Scott. I do not have to explain myself further.” The Professor was now getting annoyed with Scott questioning his judgement. He turned back to marking his papers.
Scott looked at the professor angrily, his glasses in danger of being obliterated as the beams from his eyes grew stronger in frustration. He realised that the Professor wasn’t willing to change his mind and made his way back to his office.

Jean was sitting in the spare chair next to his desk when he got back, her arms folded across her chest, head tilted slightly to the side as she looked up at him. “What’s wrong?”
“The Professor,” Scott said throwing himself into his chair. “I tried talking to him about Logan but he didn’t listen.” Scott tilted his head back, looking up at the ceiling through his red lenses. “I saw her coming out of his room this morning. He shouldn‘t be allowed to get away with doing something like that with a student!”
Jean’s eyes gazed down at the floor, trying to hide the look of disappointment on her face. It wasn’t fair. She’d practically thrown herself at Logan on numerous occasions and he’d rejected her.

Maybe he did love Rogue after all.

“You’re right, he’s just going to hurt her. I mean, he was always flirting with you and when he finally realised that you weren’t interested he decides to turn his attention to a young girl!” Scott continued to rant on as Jean sat deep in thought.

Her eyes snapped up from the floor to meet Scott’s as her lips twisted into an evil grin. “I have an idea.”
Chapter 14 by Kitten
“So you’re sure you’re ok with this?” she asked again, a wicked glint in her eyes.
He leaned back in his chair and remained silent, his arms folded across his chest as he thought about what they’d planned.
“I just don’t like the idea of him having his hands on you.” he frowned.
“Honey,” she smiled sweetly as she stood up and walked behind him, wrapping her arms around his shoulders “You know I don’t want to do this any more than you. But if this is the only way, then so be it.” she whispered into his ear.
“I know. It’s sick what he’s doing to that girl. She needs to be shown he can’t be trusted.” Scott hissed.
He’d do anything to make the Wolverine suffer after all the shit he’d taken from him; all the nasty comments, belittling him in front of the staff and students, stealing his bike and trying to steal his girl.
She slipped her arms from his shoulders and walked over to the door “Trust me” she grinned over her shoulder at him “She’ll see.”

***

Logan sigh as he lay on his bed, his hands behind his head as he stared up at the ceiling. He could never remember being as happy as he was now. Finally he had her. After waiting for two long years, he finally had her. He knew there was something about her when he saw her in that bar. He’d never seen such beauty, such…well he couldn’t even begin describe it. There was only one word he could think of; Perfect.
He never believed in all that lovey dovey bullshit, love didn’t exist until he met her.

His thoughts were disturbed by the sound of footsteps approaching, but he quickly realised it wasn’t her. It was Scott. His footsteps slowed down as he passed Logan’s room, probably trying to hear if Rogue was with him. “Filthy little pervert” Logan thought to himself as the footsteps disappeared down the hall.

The red light from the alarm clock read 11:28 PM
Where was she? Did it really take that long to play dress up with her friend? He laughed softly to himself. It was hard to imagine his Marie acting like a girly girl.

He smiled to himself as he thought about her, all the memories of the two of them together. Wolverine and Rogue, side by side on all their crazy little adventures. Sneaking out to go to the bar to drink and play pool and coming back in the early hours of the morning, having practically carry her to her room. Going out on the bike and letting her drive it. The time they had a food fight in the kitchen and the look on Storms face when she saw the mess they left. Playing pranks on Scott. Swimming in the lake late at night. Shame it wasn’t skinny dipping, but that was something new they could try out.
A low growl rumbled in his throat at the thought of seeing her naked wet body in the moonlight…

More thoughts of her, or rather, what he’d like to do to her entered his head as he drifted off to sleep.

**
He slowly stirred as he felt her lower down into bed next to him. “Hey darlin’” he whispered sleepily. She didn’t reply. He felt her hands travel gently up and down his bare chest. He felt her body move as she straddled him. “Marie” he whispered as he placed his hands on her hips, then he realised.

He snapped his eyes open. Jean’s lust filled eyes staring straight back at him. “What the fuck?!” he yelled as he tried to push her away, but he couldn’t. He couldn’t move.
She smiled at him as she pinned him down beneath her using her unseen powers
“What the hell are you doing” he managed to say, his jaw held firmly shut.
She leaned down, her lips brushing against his “Don’t say this isn’t what you want Logan. I’ve seen the way you look at me.” she whispered seductively into his ear and placed a kiss on his neck.
She slowly let him gain control of his body again, hoping that he’d play into her little game.

Her heart raced with excitement. She always secretly hoped he’d come to her room one night when Scott was away on a mission. She even walked to his room a couple of times but always stopped when she got to the door, feeling guilty that she could feel the way she did about another man.
But this time was different, Scott agreed that she could get into Logan’s bed. She was only meant to make it look like she and Logan were going to have sex, not actually do it. But she just wouldn’t tell Scott that if it did happen.

“Get. Off” he growled, trying with all his might to move, to push her away. But it was no use, he was stuck again.
She looked down at him sternly “Don’t fight it Logan” she whispered as she ran her hands down towards his jeans, kissing his neck. “I know it’s me you want really.” She opened the button on his jeans and slowly slid them down teasing him.

The look of desperation and panic on his face grew as he heard familiar footsteps approaching. Jean looked over to the door then back down to him. Her face filled with an evil look of delight. “What’s Rogue going to say when she see’s what you’ve done?” she smiled down at him as she picked up his hands and ran them over her chest, tossing her head back.

Right at that moment

The door opened.

Her eyes filled with horror as the two glass bottles she was holding dropped to the floor and shattered. She didn’t say anything. She didn’t have to. Logan could practically hear her heart breaking, just like the bottles.
She shook her head, the tears already falling down her face. She turned and ran.

“Oops” Jean smiled innocently.
End Notes:
feedback and rate please? :)
One way or another by Kitten
With one gigantic push she fell hard face first onto the floor, smacking her head against the corner of his desk as she went.
“You evil bitch!” he yelled as he jumped to his feet “What the hell is wrong with you?!”
She moved her hand away from her head, it was covered in blood. “Me? What the hell is wrong with you Logan?” she spat back at him, blood running out of her nose. As he headed to the door she stopped him in his tracks once again with her powers. “She’s a kid Logan, it’s sick! You need a woman” she said coldly as she rose to her feet wiping the blood from her nose with the back of her hand. Blood slowly trickled down from the cut at the back of her head.
He glared at her, rage building up even stronger now as she tried to tell him that he was the one in the wrong.
“Yeah you’re a woman,” he smiled, but his expression quickly changed “A fuckin’ crazy one who needs locking up! Now let me go or so help me, Jean!” he shouted.

They heard the sound of hurried footsteps approaching as she did as he said and let him go.
Ororo and Scott stopped dead in their tracks a few feet from his room as he pulled the door open so hard, it cracked down the middle as it hit the wall behind it.
“Logan? What the hell going on?” Scott demanded as Logan stalked passed him.
Logan turned around, walking backwards now as he shouted “Why don’t you ask that crazy bitch of a girlfriend of yours!” before turning back around running to the stairs.

He followed her scent down the stairs. He didn’t look where he was going, he just ran and found himself in the garage. He looked around frantically. The pickup truck was missing.

“FUCK!” he yelled, pulling his hands through his hair. He grabbed a spare leather jacked that was hanging up on a nail in the wall and grabbed the keys to Scott‘s bike. He fired it up and took off into the cold night.
When he got to the end of the long drive way he stopped and looked to the left, then to the right. There were no clues as to which way she’d gone, but his instincts told him to turn left.

He had to find her, he had to tell her the truth about what she’d just seen. She had to know. Hell if had been the other way around and he’d forced himself on her, he’d get accused of trying to rape her!
Anger boiled inside him, how dare she try and split him and his Marie up! And so far, her plan had worked.

***

Her hands shook as she put her foot down hard on the gas. The tears still poured uncontrollably down her face. She wasn’t paying as much attention to the road as she should have been, it was a miracle she hadn’t crashed by now. She didn’t have any plan on where she was going, all she knew was she had to get away.

***

He drove for what seemed like an eternity looking for her, searching all the near by towns. But she was nowhere to be seen.
He continued his search and came to a rundown town. The streets were quiet, old pieces of paper and smashed glass littered the streets along with various other bits of trash that had been dropped carelessly onto the floor. Most of the buildings along the high street were boarded up. He didn’t like the look of this place.

Then he saw her, walking down a dimly lit street. “Marie!” he called after her, stopping the bike engine and quickly propping it up on the stand before running after her. “Marie!” he called again. He grabbed her shoulder, but as she turned to face him with a look of bewilderment on her face. It wasn’t her. “I’m sorry” he said, quickly letting go of her shoulder, his heart sinking again.

He headed back to the bike and sat down on the leather seat. He held his head in his hands, he didn’t know what to do. Maybe he should go back to the mansion and ask the professor to use Cerebro to find her. But that would just be wasting time he could be using to look for her. He looked at the clock on the motorcycle, it was almost 3:30AM. If he didn’t find her by dawn, then he’d go back to the school.

***

He searched until sunrise, but he still couldn’t find her. He went to all the places he knew she liked going to and every town he came to, but it was no use. He only had one option left, so he headed back to the mansion.

He left the bike carelessly outside on the drive way and made his way inside to find the professor. Worry and rage boiled inside him, he hoped Jean wouldn’t make an appearance or he might not be able to control his actions.

He swung the door to the professors office open to be greeted by a smile, but the expression soon changed “What is it Logan?” the professor asked concerned.
“It’s Rogue, she’s gone, I can‘t find her” he said, his voice quick and shaking, dark circles under his red eyes from lack of sleep.
Professor Xavier didn’t say anything, he simply nodded and headed to the lower levels of the school with Logan.

“So, why exactly did she leave? Something must of happened to make her feel the need to flee the school.” The professor asked, his voice calm as always.
“Why don’t you go and ask your precious doctor” Logan growled in reply. The professor looked up at him raising his eyebrows in a questioning manner. “Look, my main concern right now is Rogue. I’ll explain everything once I find her and bring her back.”
The professor knew not to push Logan for an answer, he knew this would only irritate the man further.

Logan paced up and down outside the door while he waited, trying his best to be patient. After nearly twenty minutes, the professor emerged, a smile on his face. “Rogue is safe, she’s New York city.”

***

It was half past 7 in the morning when he arrived in New York, the streets were already becoming busy with people on their way to work. Logan pulled the piece of paper the professor had handed him out of his pocket and looked at the address. This was the right place. He pushed the glass door open and stepped inside the building. He walked over to the desk where a young blond haired man wearing a pair of designer glasses and a suit stood and greeted him with a smile “Good morning Sir” he smiled.
“I’m looking Marie d'Acanto, could you give me her room number?” he grunted.
“I’m sorry Sir but that information is private.” the young man replied, still with that stupid grin on his face. Logan lost his temper, grabbing the boy by his shirt collar he pulled him so they were face to face, the young man’s feet almost leaving the floor.
“Now look here bub, I’ve been out looking all night, I know she’s here so just tell me which room before I look for her myself and give everyone in this god damn hotel an early wake up call!” he roared in the desk clerk’s face.
The terrified man nodded, “Sure sir, right away” he said as Logan let go of his shirt which now had a tear where his collar had nearly been ripped off. He scampered over to the computer and quickly typed the name into the computer. “R-room 137, third floor” he said nervously, pushing his cooked glasses up onto his nose.
“Thanks” Logan grunted and headed to the elevator.
Reunited by Kitten
Although she was tired, the thoughts wouldn’t stop rushing through her head. After driving around aimlessly for a few hours trying to figure out what to do, she decided to head into the city to find a hotel for the night and then make up her mind in the morning.

She couldn’t go back to her parents house, she hadn’t spoke to them in years, they kicked her out after they found out she was a mutant, terrified that she would hurt them. She doubted any of her family would take her in now. The only place she had was the school. She didn’t want to go back there, she didn’t want to see him ever again. Maybe Jean meant that this would happen when she warned her that she’d have her heart broken. Maybe he’d been fucking Jean behind her back the whole time. How could he do this to her, use her the way he did? How could she be so stupid?

She lay curled up on the bed now, the tears had stopped, she just felt hollow and numb. She concentrated on the noises of the city coming to life, trying to take her mind off things, at least so she could attempt to sleep just for a while.

Three light knock hit the door to her room, she ignored them. Three more knocks came, this time they were louder. “Marie?” she heard his voice call from the other side of the door. She looked over at the door, still not moving from the bed. She took a deep breath, holding back the tears. Why did he bother coming after her?

“Marie, open up, I know you’re in there.” he called from the other side of the door. He waited a few seconds before calling out again. “Please Marie, just open the god damn door! I can explain! Marie!” Now he was shouting as he banged his fist on the door becoming impatient. He didn’t spend all night out looking for her just to let her ignore him when he finally found her. Just as he went to hit the door again, it opened.

She threw herself back down on the bed and buried her face into the pillow as he closed the door behind him. “Well?” she asked, waiting for his lame excuse.
“It’s not what it looked like” he began, sitting down on the edge of the bed.
“Oh, that’s so original Logan. Let me guess, she tripped and landed on your dick?” Rogue hissed, still not looking at him.
“Jesus christ, Marie! Just listen to me” he pleaded. “I didn’t do anything, you gotta believe me.”
“Then why the fuck was she in your room, in your bed?!” Rogue asked becoming annoyed that he was trying to lie to her.

She sat up to face him expecting to meet his usual angry glare he gave to people when they challenged him. She was slightly shocked by the expression of desperation on his face. He looked like he’d been dragged through a hedge backwards, eyes red and blurry. Maybe he too had been crying but she put it down to lack of sleep.
“I didn’t do anything” he said again, looking into her green eyes. “It’s her, she’s fuckin crazy, I couldn’t get her off me” he blurted out.
“It didn’t look like you were putting up much of a fight.” she said bluntly.
“I couldn’t move, she pinned me down!” he argued back “Hell, if that was a man doing that to a woman, it would be called attempted rape!”
Her eyes narrowed as she looked at him shaking her head “You’re sick, Logan” she said. She stood up and headed to the door, not wanting to hear his excuses any more.

He stared at her, mouth open, how could she not believe him? “Do you really think I’d lie about something like this?” He said as he rose to his feet and grabbed her hands squeezing them “If you don’t believe me, then see for yourself. Turn your skin on.”

She looked up at him slightly confused. Maybe he was telling the truth. Even if he had something to hide, he knew he wouldn’t be able to stop her from absorbing it. But then again, if he was lying and hoping he‘d be able to get away with it, she’d know and have the image of him and Jean inside her head forever. She stared at him for a few seconds and with out warning, turned her powers on.

He held onto her hands, fighting back the urge to pull away as the painful buzz started and the familiar dizzy feeling began to set in. After a few long seconds it stopped. She looked up at him “I’m so sorry Logan” she whispered and threw her arms around his neck.
He wrapped his arms around her and held her tight. He kissed the top on her head, running his fingers through her soft hair.

She saw everything that happened though Logan’s eyes. She knew he’d spent the evening in his room, thinking of her. She blushed at some of his thoughts which had now invaded her mind.
Then she saw him waking up, expecting to see her in his bed, but it was Jean. And she felt the same panic and anger that he did when she wouldn’t leave, wouldn’t let him move. The same despair he felt when the door opened and she saw him there, trapped under Jean.

“You have to tell the professor about this.” Rogue said looking up at him. He nodded “I mean it Logan, this is serious. You said it yourself, it it‘d been the other way around -”
“Yeah, I will,” he sighed, stroking her cheek. “But I think we both need to get some sleep first” he smiled softly.

***

The alarm clock buzzed as the red lights changed to read 11:30. Logan slowly opened his eyes, reaching out clumsily to hit the snooze button. He placed his hand behind his head and looked down at Marie, her head resting on his bare chest, her leg wrapped around his. He smiled at the peaceful, almost angelic look on her face as she slept.
“Hey darlin’, time to wake up” he said, stroking her shoulder gently. She sighed as she opened her eyes, her eyelashes brushing against his chest. They smiled at each other, neither of them wanting to move. She didn’t say anything as she got up and headed to the bathroom. Hearing the shower being turned on, Logan got up and headed to the bathroom too.

***

“I don’t see how that saved any time sugar, if anything it took longer.” Marie giggled as she pulled her seatbelt on.
Logan grinned over to her from the drivers seat “Well, you didn’t seem to mind at the time” he said smugly as he started the engine. She blushed slightly, slapping his arm playfully.
“Are you sure the bike will be ok back there?” she asked, looking out the rear window of the pickup truck.
“It ain’t going anywhere” Logan replied lighting his cigar. He’d used the rope and bungee cords that had been left in the back of the pickup to make sure the bike was secured. Of course he could of just driven it home, but he’d rather go in the pick up with Marie.

As they began to make their way through the busy streets, Marie pulled her iPod out of her jacket pocket and plugged it into the car stereo. “What the hell is this?” Logan asked as the music started. Maybe he should of gone back to the mansion on the bike after all.

***

He walked into the professors office without knocking, Marie following him. “Ah, Logan, I see you found Rogue safe and well” he smiled from behind his desk.
Before either of them could say anything, Marie stepped forward “Professor, there’s something Logan needs to tell you”
This is a lie by Kitten
“So, what you’re trying to say is Jean forced herself onto Logan?” The professor questioned.
“Yes” Marie nodded, looking from the Professor to Logan. He sat in one of the leather sofas next to Rogue, arms folded, his cheeks had a slight red tinge to them as he tried to avoid the professors gaze. He didn’t really want to tell the professor that he, the mighty Wolverine had been helpless and struggling to fight someone off, let alone the circumstances. But there was no way he was going to let Jean get away with what she did.

He let out a heavy sigh “Look, she used her powers, there was nothing I could do. Now what if that was the other way around, hu?” Logan said, annoyed that he had to admit his weakness in the situation.

“But why would Doctor Grey do such a thing?” the professor asked himself shaking his head.
“Jealousy” Logan said bluntly. “Look, if you don’t believe me Chuck, then I give you permission to see for yourself” He didn’t really want the professor delving into his private thoughts or memories but if that’s what it took, then so be it.

The door swung open and in sauntered Jean. “Professor, you wanted to talk to me?” she smiled, trying to hide the worry and disappointment on her face when she saw Logan and Rogue sitting there. Her plan obviously hadn’t worked, and now she’d probably end up paying the price for it.

“Jean, please sit” he said, gesturing to a chair opposite the sofa where Logan and Marie sat. She walked over to it trying to act as normal as possible as she thought of what she could say in her defence.

“Now Jean, I’ve been told that there was an incident last night. Could you please explain to me why you were in Logan’s room?” The professor looked at her sternly as he waited for an answer.

“He - he invited me.” she said, looking down at her hands which were resting on her lap. Professor Xavier looked from her to Logan. He’d known Jean when she was a child, she was one of his first students. Should he really doubt her? He raised his eyebrows at her, gesturing for her to elaborate. She sighed, looking worried. “I don’t know what I was thinking. It just Scott and I have been arguing lately and well…when Logan approached me…I just wanted to feel… wanted” she lied, looking at the professor with puppy-dog eyes.

“That’s bullshit!” Logan yelled jumping to his feet.
“Logan, please calm down” the professor said, lifting his hand to the side of his head, not knowing what to believe. He’d rather sort things out normally than having to read anyone’s mind to get the truth, that was a last resort.
“Look Rogue, whatever he has told you, I’m sorry but it’s a lie” the redhead said, poking her index finger in Logan‘s direction.
“You bitch!”
“Logan, if you don’t calm down you will have to leave the room” The professor warned, not wanting the situation to get out of hand. Logan stalked over to the window and leaned on the windowsill, his back to the room.

Marie glared at the redhead “I know you’re lying Jean, I saw what you did.” Jean looked at the young girl confused, what did she mean she ‘saw’? “Logan showed me, I touched him and absorbed his memories.”
Jean shook her head. “He only showed you what he wanted you to see”
“And how the fuck am I able to do that?”
“Rogue,” she said leaning forward “I don’t know how to say this, but I think Logan is seeing someone else as well as you” she said sympathetically.
Logan turned around, looking from one woman to the other, a look of complete confusion on his face.
Jean looked over to Logan “So who is Marie, Logan?”
“That’s my name, dumbass!” Marie said, half angry, half laughing, Logan couldn’t help but smile to himself at the doctors stupidity. The only person who knew her name was Logan, the professor probably knew but as she’d introduced herself to him as Rogue, that is what he called her. Jean’s cheeks burned red, her plan was failing.

“Jean, I don’t see how Logan would be able to stop Rogue from gaining any of his memories or thoughts no matter how much he didn’t want her to have them. To know how to lie to her or give her false information through the touch of her skin would be near impossible without careful and extensive research and testing.” The professor said, his eyes burning into Jean. He could tell she was lying, he could see it in her face, hear it in her voice. “And your accusations of Logan being unfaithful to Rogue with another woman only tell me that you are running out of ideas to prove your own innocence.”

Jean’s expression changed to one of total guilt, she’d been caught out and she knew it. “Logan, Rogue, you can leave now. Doctor Grey and I need to talk” Professor Xavier said calmly, his eyes still fixed on Jean as the two left his office.

***

“What do you think the professor will make her leave?” Rogue asked as lay down onto the bed where Logan was, his legs stretched out in front of him as he sat with his back resting on the headboard
“I don’t know.” Logan shrugged as he placed his arm around her shoulder and took another drag from his cigar.
“Me either” She sighed as she fiddled with his shirt buttons.
“Hey, don’t be getting any ideas, missy. Don’t you have a class to go to?” he chuckled.
“Don’t you?” she said looking up at him with a cocky smile on her face. “And anyway, they’re all your ideas.” He looked at her, raising an eyebrow. She laughed and tapped the side of her head “I know everything you were thinking about last night, Sugar”
“Oh yeah” he’d forgotten that she’d know that too. Logan took another drag from his cigar and stubbed it out in the ashtray on his bedside table. “Well, you ain’t exactly saying you wouldn’t like any of it” he said, the corners of his mouth turning up into a smug grin.

She blushed slightly as she sat up and playfully tapped his arm. “Well, I think I better go,” she said getting to her feet “According to you Mr. Bossy-boots, I have a class to go to” she leaned over, her lips hovering above his.
He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her gently. “Well I don’t know about you, but I’d rather stay here.” he kissed her again, slipping his tongue into her mouth as he pulled her down on top of himself and rolled over, pinning her small frame beneath him. She let out a gentle moan as he kissed her neck, her fingers quickly finding their way into his hair.

Logan pulled away from her and glanced towards the window, then Marie heard it too. Her eyes flickered from Logan to where his eyes were fixed. “What was that?” she asked as he stood up and made his way over to the window. She followed him and peered outside as he opened it.

They saw Scott marching outside, throwing the two suitcases he was carrying into the trunk of Jeans car. “Scott, please!” she cried, running outside after him.
“Leave it Jean, I have nothing to say to you” he hissed as he pushed passed her back inside. He returned with another suitcase and threw over to where the other two lay but it missed and opened as it hit the floor, her clothes spilling out onto the driveway.
“Scott, don’t do this! Please!” she begged, grabbing onto his arm, her mascara running down her cheeks. “I love you” she whimpered.
“No you don’t, you proved that last night. The only reason you stayed with me was for convenience. Well I’ve had enough of you and your controlling behavior Jean.”
“My behaviour? What about yours?!” she screamed at him.
He grabbed hold of her arm digging his fingers in to her bicep and pulled her forcefully toward himself. He said something, but it was too quiet for even Logan’s sensitive ears to pick up, before shoving her away again. He threw her car keys at her before heading back inside.

Jean stood there alone on the driveway, Scott’s words slowly sinking in. She glared over at a group of young students at the basketball court who’d been watching the dramatic scene unfold and began to pick her clothes up off the floor and hurled them straight into the trunk. She turned back looking at the mansion, her eyes scanning the windows for Scott. Her eyes met Logan’s then her glare shifted to Marie for a moment before she got into her car and started off down the drive way.

“Wow, looks like Scooter finally grew a pair” Logan said half amused half shocked as they heard the sound of Scott’s door slamming shut.
What she said... by Kitten
***

“Hey Roguey! I’ve been looking for you everywhere!“ Jubilee said as she walked into the kitchen.
“I was with Logan” she said casually and finished off the last of the steak Logan had cooked for her.
“And I’m sure that was very exciting but you missed the action, chica!” Jubilee said excitedly as she took a seat next to her friend at the table “Mr. Summers went totally crazy and threw Dr. Grey out!” Jubilee continued.
“I know, I saw” Rogue sighed. Although she hated Jean for what she did, she couldn’t help but feel sorry for Scott. Sure, he could be an ass sometimes but the pain and sadness on his face earlier was obvious even with his glasses on.
“I’ve never seen Mr. Summers like that before….” Jubilee’s voice trailed off as she wondered what had happened between the two teachers. “So Where’ve you and Wolvie been all day?” she asked inquisitively.
“Out, the professor asked us to do something for him.” Logan said quickly, he didn’t want Rogue tell her loud mouth friend what had happened. Although her heart was in the right place, Jubilee had a bad habit of accidentally letting things slip out.
“Where’s Kitty?” Marie asked as she glanced around the room.
Jubilee rolled her eyes “On her date with Pete, remember? They left about fifteen minutes ago” she said glancing at the clock, it was almost half past seven. “I’m bored.” she sigh, holding her head in her hands.
“Well, I’ll leave you girls to it.” Logan said, as he look his and Marie’s empty plates over to the dishwasher.
“Are you going out?” Jubilee asked eagerly
“No, I’m going to the danger room. And before you ask, I’m not going out after that” Logan said as he headed to the door.
“Can we come with you?”
Logan looked over at Marie and rolled his eyes as she tried not to laugh “Yeah sure.” he sighed.

***

“Ok that is the last time I volunteer to train with you!” Jubilee said as she threw her self down onto the sofa in the rec room, her damp black hair still wrapped in a towel, yellow of course.
Logan looked to Marie as his mouth twisted up into a wicked smile. “Well, you asked if you could join, how was I meant to know you can’t hack it, Yellow?” he said smugly. He’d put the settings up on a higher level than he usually trained the students on, just for fun. He’d hardly broke a sweat.
Marie laughed as she stood up “Soda?” she asked Jubilee, getting a nod in reply from her friend.

She glanced out of the windows as she made her way to the kitchen and saw Scott sitting alone on one of the benches by the fountain in the gardens outside . She hesitated before quietly opening the French doors and walked over to him. “Are you alright?” she asked tenderly as she made her way over to him. Logan would of told her to not bother wasting her breath on him after the way he’s spoken to her a few days before, but she had a forgiving nature and couldn’t help feeling a little sorry for him even if he had been a total asshole.
“Yeah, I’m fine” he croaked, quickly wiping his eyes from behind his red lenses. He sat quietly for a while, the silence becoming slightly awkward. “I’m sorry” he said as Marie turned to walk back inside.
“What for?” she asked turning to face him again.

He shrugged as he looked over his shoulder at her, his face pale and blotchy. “For being such a pain in the ass” he sighed turning back to stare at the water as it slowly flowed down, crashing into the pool of water beneath it “I didn’t realise how much Logan cared for you. But last night when I saw his face…” He sighed again holding back the tears that burnt in his eyes. “I knew it was a bad idea…” he whispered to himself under his breath.

Marie stared at him. Her hearing had become increasingly sensitive every time she touched Logan, taking on a his abilities “What do you mean ‘idea‘?” she asked, stepping a little closer to the man hunched over on the bench.
He gulped “I’m sorry Marie, I didn’t know she was going to do that!” he said frantically in an attempt to defend himself.
“What do you mean?“ she asked confused as she stepped around to face him.
He looked up her sheepishly “Well she told me….sort of…but I didn’t know! I didn’t know she’d do that! She…” his panicked voice trailed off as his hands began to shake “She just twisted it all up and at the time I was so set on getting back at Logan for all the things he’d done to me I agreed. If I’d known what she was really planning then there’s no way I would of gone along with it!” he admitted, lowering his head in shame.

She stared at him, not sure if she was hearing him right “Agreed to do what?”
He took a deep breath “She convinced me that you’d get hurt, that he’d ruin your life. She said that she tried talking to you about it but you wouldn’t listen to her. So….”
“What?” she asked, becoming impatient as she desperately held back the rage boiling inside her.

“Jean said that there was only one way to show you, make you understand he was no good. She told me she was going to just get in his bed when she knew that you were going to his room, make it look like they were about to….” his voice trailed off again as he stared down at his feet. “I knew it was a bad idea but she made it sound so…convincing, believable. Like it was the only thing left to do. I don’t even know why I said yes”

“I can’t believe I’m hearing this! I thought you were just a bit uptight, but Logan was right, you really are a total dickhead!” Marie yelled at him in disgust.
Scott grabbed hold of her wrist as her hand swooped down, a few centimeters away from colliding into the side of his face. “Rogue please, I’m so sorry…” he begged as a tear rolled down his right cheek.

She ripped her hand out of his grasp and turned to walk back to the mansion.
“I overheard her talking to the professor.” he continued, she stopped and looked back over to him “She said she wanted him to take advantage of the situation, but when he didn’t do what she hoped he would, she forced herself on him... She told the professor she loved him….”

Unable to fight his emotions any longer, he began to sob. She should of been angry, but now she couldn’t help but be feel sympathy for the heartbroken man as he sat and held himself as he cried. She sat down next to him and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder, realising that he too had become a victim in the doctors twisted game.
End Notes:
Do you think Marie should've forgiven Scott?

Don't forget to rate and comment!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3748