New Life by honeyduck
Summary: Logan gets a chance for a new life, but the road is rocky, and not everyone is made for happiness.
Categories: X1, X2, X3, AU Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1225 Read: 2234 Published: 04/07/2010 Updated: 04/07/2010
Story Notes:
I’ve already posted this story on ff.net, but I’m redoing the chapters, so I’m going to give it a try here. The first chapter is going to be a bit like the movie, but the next ones are gonna be, my throw together versions of the movies. Oh and Marie is like 23 years old.

All Characters belong to Marvel and not me, I’m making no money out of this.

Hope you enjoy, Katei

1. Chapter 1 by honeyduck

Chapter 1 by honeyduck
Author's Notes:
I’ve already posted this story on ff.net, but I’m redoing the chapters, so I’m going to give it a try here. The first chapter is going to be a bit like the movie, but the next ones are gonna be, my throw together versions of the movies. Oh and Marie is like 23 years old.

All Characters belong to Marvel and not me, I’m making no money out of this.

Hope you enjoy, Katei
There was cold steel under his body, and a bright yellow light above him that stung his sensitive eyes. Those were the first things Logan was aware of when he opened his eyes. The next thing he knew was that his body was bare, other than a soft cotton sheet that covered his private parts.

His senses turned high, and his nose flared. He took in the characterizing smell of a densification, which could only mean one thing – he was in some kind of hospital. But through the stinging smell of disinfectant he could make out the flowery scent of a woman. Although his distinctive ears couldn’t make out any movements around him, his nose never lied to him. She had to be around here somewhere.

After the momentary fog, from the bright light cleared from his eyes, he finally saw the woman that stood only a few feet from him. She took some steps towards him and leaned over him, the light creating a soft glow around her flaming red hair.

At first he didn’t know what she was doing, but suddenly the lamp above him was turned off. Now he could finally take in her appearance. She was tall and lean, but her body wore womanly curves. She had a beautiful face that wore a warm small, but as he admired those curves he finally noticed that she wore a lap coat, which affirmed his earlier assumptions that he was in some kind of hospital.

Suddenly all his thoughts turned to one thing; he had to get out of here. An eerie green glow and masks flashed in his mind, as he shot up from the table he was lying on. He certainly didn’t want to go back to the place from his dreams. As soon as his naked feet touched the cold ground, his hand wrapped around the red-head’s small neck.

In the next instant he had her pinned to the far metal wall. Fear was rolling of off her in waves, and she struggled to get free from his iron grip, but it only made him tighten his hold on her neck.

"Where am I?" His voice was still horse from sleep, but the growl that erupted from deep inside him only served to make her tremble more.

"Please…," was all she could get out.

Just as fast as he had her, he let go of her, and watched as she slowly sank to the ground. He looked around himself. He was in a big room. In the middle of it stood the metal bed that he had been laying on before, and all around the room medical objects lay on small metal tables.

Finally, he noticed a glass door on the other side of the room. He looked one last time at the woman that sat still on the floor; she was clutching her throat with both hands, and her eyes followed his moves.

He turned and went out the glass doors that automatically opened as he stood before it. There were two metal corridors, but nothing else. He went down the left one sniffing the air, which held nothing. After a minute he came to a spacious opening. On one wall were strange looking leather uniforms, but on the other side hung training clothes. He took some pants and a grey sweater, pulled them on and started walking again.

-Come here.-


He rapidly turned around, but the corridors were still empty.

-This way.-

Where the hell did that voice come from? There was no one around, and his sensitive nose couldn’t make out any smell.

He followed the strange voice till he stood in was an elevator. His breathing slowed some, but his heart race didn’t. He didn’t know were he was, and the panic in him was rising by the minute.

The doors closed, and he felt as it moved up. As the door opened again, he found himself in a hall. This time nearly everything was covered in wood. Nothing here reminded Logan of the sterile looking corridors from downstairs. It actually looked like a house up here. Paintings hung on the walls, and ornate rugs covered parts of the wood floor. There were even flower pots on elevated stands. And a big staircases lead up to an upper floor.

Suddenly a bunch of kids ran down the corridor in his direction. He quickly hid behind a wooden post. His breathing, which had slowed down when he exited the elevator, sped up to labored pants as soon as he heard the voice again.

-This way, don't be scared.-

He followed the voice to a wooden door, opened it, and went in.

All eyes of the room occupant turned to him. Students? Logan found himself in a room full of wooden chairs, which all stood turned to the man in the wheelchair.
"Ah, class dismissed," the man said aloud.

Logan pressed himself to the door as the kids walked out. "Welcome, Logan," the man in the chair greeted him. He immediately noted that his voice was the same one he heard before.

After a moment of silence, in which the bald man only smiled knowingly at him, the door opened and a woman with white hair and a man with a pair of red shades on his eyes walked in.

"Let's go to my office. Shall we?" he asked and began wheeling his chair out the door.

Logan quickly followed with the other two occupants closely behind him.

They entered a room that looked similar to the one they had just exited. There was just one chair that stood before a big wooden desk, which was placed before a spacious window. Along one wall sat two black leather couches and expensive looking painting filled every bit of free wall.

"Where am I," was the first thing that came out of Logan's mouth as the woman closed the office door behind them.

"Please take a seat," the man said as he wheeled himself behind the desk.

Suddenly the chair that stood before Logan pushed itself out; he just starred at it.

"What? Did you think that you were the only one," the professor asked smiling as Logan reluctantly took a seat. "And to answer your question were at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters a school for mutants"

Logan just stared at him, his thoughts were racing one mile a minute, he repeatedly tried to tell himself that this wasn’t some all some very strange dream.

"I am Professor Charles Xavier, and that's Storm and Cyclops," he introduced gesturing at the other two occupants, who by now had moved closer to the older man.
"Storm and Cyclops… and what you are you? Wheels," Logan replied smirking, this really was some sort of bad joke. The young man starred angrily at him, and the woman tried to hide a small smile.

“You are here Logan,” his head shot towards the Professor as he heard the name, Logan gave it to no one. But now a man he had never seen before used it. “Because you have some knowledge that a certain man with the name of Magneto desperately wants – and I may tell you that if he gets, what he wants to know, it will not end good for any of us.”
End Notes:
PLZ leave a review
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3695