Starting Today by mltaylor1985
Summary: Starting today, everything changes.
Categories: X1, X2 Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 397 Read: 2073 Published: 03/20/2010 Updated: 03/20/2010

1. Chapter 1 by mltaylor1985

Chapter 1 by mltaylor1985
Starting today she was moving on.

She would get over him. He hadn't meant that much anyway. She was young and there was much life to live and much love to have.

Starting today she was out of here.

She had her bags packed and was just waiting for midnight. That was perfect. Leave at eleven fifty nine and start a new day, a new life, away from this place.

Starting today he was history.

She was already forgetting him. He was just a nobody, a step along the way. After the incident with Sabertooth, life would definitely be long. And without him dragging her down, it was going to be so much fun.

Traveling, that's what she needed.

Starting today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting today he was moving on.

She had thought she was so special prancing around in those tight little outfits. He laughed at the thought now that he had ever thought he loved her. Sometimes he could be so dense.

Starting today he was out of here.

‘Another Day - Another Dollar ‘, that was his motto now. He would leave tonight after everyone else was sound asleep. Fighting and traveling had been his life once, now it would be again.

Starting today she was history.

This place, to him, was now only a notch above ' The Lab’. He would move on and God help any of them if they dared to stop him. He'd gut every last one of them. Including her. If she wanted The Wolverine, she'd get The Wolverine. Oh yeah, she get him.

Starting today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night

Five minutes before twelve o'clock.

He could see her coming down the stairs, so unaware of his predatory gaze. He shifted in the shadows and prepared to pounce.

As she passed him, he leapt out and hauled her back into the dark with him. She was startled for a moment before she relaxed against him. She was ready. They were ready.

With Iceprick and Dr. Mega Bitch both forgotten, they were ready to move on. Together.

Theirs would be a life of wonder and beauty. They would travel the globe together and see it all. But most important, theirs would be a life of love and peace.

Separately they had each gone through hell. But, together they would step out tonight at midnight and leave it all behind.

Starting today.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3685