The Traveller and His Princess by SummerSky
Summary: Logan comes home to a letter
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 539 Read: 2022 Published: 02/08/2010 Updated: 02/08/2010
Story Notes:
If I haven't made you cry or sad I've failed

1. Chapter 1 by SummerSky

Chapter 1 by SummerSky
Author's Notes:
First big thanks to Moviemom44 for the beta.

I wrote this in 5 minutes after a night-shift when all I wanted to do was sleep. My brain had other ideas.

Please read and review.
Dear Logan,
Well I guess by now you know that I had to leave you. I tried and fought as long and as hard as I could, but I'm so tired. I know it wont be long now.

You'll want to blame Charles for not calling you, but we're all his children and he loves us all so very much. He had to give up fighting for me. He was better to me than my own father ever was. I asked him not to contact you because if you watched me die the part of you that is Logan would have died to. I love both Logan and Wolverine and to watch one of you dying would have brought me more pain.

Please don't blame Jean. I don't think she's had more than a few hours sleep since I got sick. She's always in the lab trying to find away to help me. She's worn out. Never has anyone given so much of themselves for me, except you. I'm worried that when I'm gone she'll feel like she's failed.

You'll want to take your anger out on Scott, but Sugar, he fought the hardest for you to be told. He had faith you would be back in a heartbeat. He's been there for the rough times. He held my hair back when I vomited. When I was in pain, he made me laugh and cleaned me up when I couldn't do it myself. He never let me give up. Take care of him for me. I think he may be a little lost for a while.

'Ro gave me the inner strength I needed to face this; she truly is a Goddess. If you ever need someone to talk to, go to her. She can calm the most troubled soul.

I know you'll hate Magneto more seeing as his machine finally killed me. Please don't let the hate destroy you; you are too good for that.

I know you'll want to leave the mansion, but this is the last thing I ask you to promise me--DON'T. There are children here, some no more than babies. Protect them for me. The most peace I get now is when I tell them a story. If you ever need to be close to me, find them and tell them one. I'll be behind you, smiling.

I know one day we will be together again. We found each other once and we will do so again. Know that I love you with everything that is in me. Forgive me for leaving you. I didn't want to.

Love always,
Your Marie

xxXxx

Scott wasn't shocked to see Logan walk into his classroom. What did shock him was that Logan was the first to offer a handshake. Leaving him to address the class, Scott stood at the back of the room fighting back tears as he listened to Logan tell a story in a gruff voice.

"Today I want to tell you a story of a beautiful, untouchable princess and the lonely traveller she saved with her love. It might seem sad now, but one day it'll have a happy ending.
It begins in a rundown bar in Canada where the traveller met his princess...."
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3660