Dark Rogue by Ransom99
Summary: Dark Rogue up against a Good Wolverine. A bond forms between two enemies that cannot be broken, despite the obstacles that fight to surface.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Dark
Tags: None
Warnings: Completely OOC
Challenges:
Series: Dark Rogue
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 11774 Read: 91742 Published: 02/07/2010 Updated: 02/25/2010
Story Notes:
This Fanfic is dedicated to my Wolverine. Who somehow... makes me want to be a little less dark.

"You know I love you, but sometimes I want to kick you in the teeth." :)

1. Old Enemies by Ransom99

2. Strength by Ransom99

3. Reasoning by Ransom99

4. Learn Fast or Live Forever by Ransom99

5. Concentration by Ransom99

6. Don't Need Help by Ransom99

7. Weakness by Ransom99

8. Alone by Ransom99

9. Sacrifice by Ransom99

10. Choice by Ransom99

11. Memories by Ransom99

12. Lost by Ransom99

13. Stop by Ransom99

14. Hate and Love by Ransom99

15. The Big Bad Mutant Family by Ransom99

16. New Beginning by Ransom99

Old Enemies by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Just the beginning...
A girl closed her eyes and listening carefully as she turned the knob of the vault. With a click she heard it unlock through the darkness. There were no lights on in the dark clean room around her. No paintings or decorations. Perhaps people don’t see it necessary to make the inside of a bank pretty.

She was of average height, wearing tight black jeans, a dark green hoody and leather gloves. Her hair was tied back into a ponytail, a white streak through to the tips.

She swung the door open, draining her strength slightly, she slipped into the vault. One inside, she smiled taking a long deep breath. The walls were covered in shelves filled with the most wanted green paper in the world. And it was the reason why she was here. She through her bag to the ground and started filling it, she was nearly finished when she heard the familiar sound of a metal cling.

“Rogue.” A low gruff voice sounded from the doorway.
Rogue sighed. “Always ruining my fun Logan. Tell me, do you like that job?”

The man that stood in the doorway was slightly taller than she, his muscles well toned and burly. Down by his sides, his fists clenched, shining slightly out of his knuckles was the adamantium claws that could slice through anything. “It has its benefits.” He growled.

Rogue shrugged and leaned down to pick up her bag and started to walk towards him. “I think you should let me pass Wolverine.” She put emphasis on his name as she stopped in front of him. “Don’t want this to get ugly.” She set a hand on his chest. “We always know who’ll will win our fights.”

He tensed at her touch. “I can’t just let you leave.”

Her hand dropped to her side, and she opened her eyes with a glare through the dark makeup. “That’s a shame.” She murmured under her breath. The fingers in her clenched fist suddenly straightened, flexed completely. His arms shot straight out, his legs spread wide and his neck straight forward. He couldn’t move.

“You know, you’re the only one in the world that makes me glad I ever met Magneto?” she grinned wickedly.
“Still working for him are you?” he muttered.

Suddenly her smile faded into a glare and she was instantly in front of him, holding his face between her hands. “I don’t work for anyone.” She hissed.

His eyes were dark as they stared into hers. “The professor told me about you.” He murmured to her. “You can’t touch people.”

She let go of him. “I wouldn’t piss me off if I were you.”

“You kill people if they have contact with your skin.” He continued.

“Shut up Logan. I’m warning you.” she demanded, frustrated now.
“I can’t die. You can touch me.” He said slowly.

Rogue folded her arms across her chest. “I don’t want any part of you inside me.”

“Any part?” He raised an eyebrow.
He heard her teeth click together. “I meant inside my head.”

He shrugged with a smile, realizing he could move again. “Sure, but what I’m saying is... I can help you learn to control it.”

Her eyes widened, then narrowed suspiciously. “Why would you want to help me?”

Logan looked thoughtful for a moment. “As much as I hate you I know what it’s like to be out of control. And I wish someone would have helped me.”

Rogue glared at him. “And?”

He laughed slightly. “And I want you to consider joining the X-men.”

“Not gonna happen.” She muttered grabbing her bag and walking past him.

He grabbed her wrist to stop her from going further. Her eyes shot to his before they glanced down to him holding her hand. “I’d let go if I were you.”

“Give it a chance.” He murmured.

She ripped her hand away from his. “I thought you were against recruiting members to his team.”
He folded his buff arms across his chest. “Things change.”

She stepped forward, increasingly close to his face as she spoke. “People change too. Maybe I misjudged you.”

He set his hands on her shoulders and pushed her back slightly, into the vault so he was between her and the door again. “Don’t get the wrong idea Rogue.” He said, then he let out a laugh. “I don’t think I’d survive with a girl I couldn’t touch.”

Rogue smiled and got up close again, dragging her finger down his chest and raising goose bumps on him as she walked slowly around him, never breaking eye contact. “Maybe you’ll teach me how...” She whispered. “I’m sort of new at it all...” Her hand had landed on his belt buckle, her finger brushing against his abs. “But...” she leaned in like she was about to kiss him, and suddenly pulled away. “I have no reason to trust you.”

With that she walked out of the vault. He watched her disappear around the corner before he followed, and realized she was gone, along with the money.

“That manipulative little bitch.” He muttered lighting a cigar.

Logan wandered out of the bank, a cigar in his mouth. Just a block up the street was the long limo which he casually slid into and sighed. He glanced towards the professor who sat staring out the window. The car pulled away and finally Wolverine spoke. “Do you think she’ll accept?” he murmured.

Charles slowly turned to look at him and closed his eyes. “She will.” He murmured. “But that is a risk I do not expect you to make. We don’t make deals.”

He shrugged. “You think she’ll kill me?”

The professor shook his head. “No. She won’t. But this consistent amount of your healing going into her there is a risk of something much greater happening.”

Logan raised one eyebrow. “And that is?”

Xavier had is eyes closed, concentrated before he answered. Finally he opened his eyes to look at Logan. His gaze penetrating. “She could have eternal youth. Just like you. She doesn’t realize it, and if I were you I would keep it that way.”
Strength by Ransom99
Rogue was sitting alone in a nearby Starbucks reading a book when he found her, drinking her coffee like a normal person. It was the next morning and she had just a black backpack with her and a long dark green jacket that went past her knees.

Rogue took a sip of her drink with a smirk. “That took a long time.” She murmured “I could have found you faster. As I recall... that ability to pick up scent is really something.”

He shrugged as he sat down and she pushed the second coffee she had on the table towards him. “I had plans.”
“Plans huh?” she inquired “The dog get laid? Ruff.”

He raised an eyebrow, getting that intent look in his eyes that he often had when he was fighting or studying her. A constant confusion that led to the two lines that formed between his eyebrows as he began to look extremely concentrated and determined. His hair was messy and out of place but still had the two drastic points on the top.

“Did you get my joke?” She smiled. “Because you wear dog tags.”

He tucked them inside his shirt and his gaze flickered to the many witnesses around them. They had never met in public before. Not somewhere they couldn’t fight. Her green eyes flickered to his and he knew she was thinking the exact thing he was. This would look like a date to anyone passing by.

Logan kept his mind off that. “Have you considered what I said?”

She sighed, looking back down at the book she had. “I have.” She said under her breath. “All you want is me to... think about it while you ‘help me?’”

He shrugged. “Yes.”
“I don’t trust you.” She said quietly so the old couple nearby couldn’t hear.
“That feeling is mutual.” He agreed with a nod.

Rogue tucked the loose strand of white hair behind her ear and leaned forward only slightly. “Then what makes you think I won’t kill you.” She murmured.

“I don’t.”

There was silence for a long moment. For a brief second she was touched. Trust. It was something that she had lost over her many years traveling. There were too many times she had been betrayed. But one thing that she knew was that her eyes gave away all of her emotions, and Logan was too observant to not notice the sadness in them. She reached into her bag and grabbed a pair of sunglasses and put them on, getting up and grabbing her coffee.

At least she had an excuse, it was rather sunny. But she all she did in the sun was burn or continue to be pale. As Logan followed her down the street she cleared her throat and took a deep breath.

“What’s in it for you?” she muttered.

Rogue heard him laugh slightly as he shoved his hands in his pockets and spoke. “I made a bet.”
She stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and spun around. “Wow, I thought you were too good to even gamble. What was the bet?” she asked nonchalantly as though she didn’t care, but curiosity burned inside her.

“Long story.” He admitted. “But I don’t expect you to join the team just because I’m helping you. But I do want you to consider it. That’s all I want.”

“Did the professor tell you to come get me?” she said slowly, not sure if she wanted an answer.

“Yes.” He confided.
“Why.” She said it like a statement.

“Because he knows you have the power to kill everyone.” He told her. “And when someone can do whatever they want, you sort of want them on your side.” He continued talking but suddenly she wasn’t listening.

“Logan. You should go.” She said slowly, her jaw clenched.
“What? Why?” he demanded.
“Scratch that.” She grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulling him down kissing him hard. Everything drained out of him, his emotions, memories, thoughts, strength and what she needed most. His healing ability. Before he knew it he had blacked out.

He collapsed onto the ground and she reached down to pick him up and opened the car door beside her. Strength comes in handy every so often. But that was when she saw the sky begin to darken and the nearby tables lifted off the ground... floating.
End Notes:
Let me know what you think!
Reasoning by Ransom99
In no mood for a fight Rogue got into the front seat of the car, overhearing Logan groan as he rolled over in the back seat. “Oh shut up you big runt.” She muttered as she floored the gas.

She took a deep breath and glanced in her rear view mirror. There was no way that she’d get away from them without some kind of distraction. She took a deep breath and searched for Storm inside her head.

Ororo shrieked against being used against herself but quickly the storm turned against her. Lightning bolted out of nowhere, two hitting Storm and leaving her weak as she fell to the ground. Magneto following close behind was another story. There wasn’t any way she could make him leave without fighting him, but she could get his hovering ass away from all these people before they saw.

Taking Logan had been a bad idea. His abilities were another matter. But Storm would not have been able to defend him against Magneto. And she had happened to think Rogue the enemy. She didn’t blame her. Not one bit.

She floored the gas pedal and sped down the street desperately trying to get out of the public’s wide eye. She had glanced in the rear view mirror to keep tabs on Magneto. But he had suddenly disappeared. She knew she hadn’t lost him. There was no way. So she didn’t let herself calm. She didn’t let herself relax until she had reached the country side back roads that were empty of cars and people. Rogue pulled over at the side of the road and pressed her forehead against the top of her steering wheel, taking a deep breath.

When she looked back, he was there again. Her teeth clenched as she got out of the car and walked towards him. “What do you want Eric?” He was tall, caped and wearing a device that kept Xavier out of his mind. Rogue had enough of Jeans ability to do it herself.

“Don’t be foolish Rogue.” He murmured in that annoying drawl of his. “You wouldn’t risk a fight just for the Wolverine against me. He’s on their side.”

She glared at him and folded her arms across her chest angrily. “I’m not on your side either.” She qualified. “And what business is it of yours what I have to do with him. Just get the fuck out of here.”

Magneto’s glare darkened in the shadow around his face. “Why are you protecting him?”

The anger coursed through her and she felt herself losing control of a part of her personality. “I need him to teach me how...” she murmured slowly. “To teach me how to strengthen my ability.”

The Wolverine inside her head laughed at her. “Can’t tell him the truth? That you’re weak?” She pushed him away with as much force as possible but he still leaked through. “Go on. Tell him you have no control. He shouldn’t be here.”

Magneto stared at her, the emotion in her eyes making it clear she was in pain. He nodded slowly. And she took a deep breath. “What do you need him for?”

“Something none of my men are...” he paused “equipped for.”

“He won’t work for you.” She told him. “He doesn’t exactly remember you as the nicest guy. Believe me, I would know.” She thought back to the memories that had flown into her when she touched him.

“There are ways to get around that.” He said without trouble.

Her eyes narrowed. “Whatever. Let me finish with him and then I’ll decide whether I want to give him to you.”

Magneto took a step forward. “That’s not good enough.”

Without a pause Rogue’s gloved hand shot up, her palm facing him and a force pushed him backwards, making him stumble and almost fall down. He shot a glare at her as he regained his balance and she lowered her hand. “It won’t be long before all that ability takes you over Rogue. You’re strong now, but the people inside you are stronger. And soon they’ll fight back.”

“Go.” She hissed, both hands went up now and a tremendous shove pulsed through the air pushing him five meters back and to the ground. “NOW!”
End Notes:
Let me know what you thought.
Learn Fast or Live Forever by Ransom99
When he woke up he was laying on a hotel bed, it was almost completely dark and he felt stiff. His eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness as he looked over the see a door closed, light peaking around the edges and the floor. “Rogue?” He called.

The door opened and he saw her there wearing a tight black skirt with leggings and pointed boots that went up to her knees. The tight black tanktop left her shoulders bare and her chest showing a literally dangerous amount of skin. She glanced away from the mirror and looked at him. “Ready to get up yet?” she asked pulling on her long black gloves and walking out. He took a moment to reply, he simply watched her cross the room and hit a button. As she walked away from it the thick curtains opened, letting in the late afternoon light.

He looked around and finally caught a glimpse of the hotel room. It had two beds, a TV in the corner, a table, mini-fridge and a hot tub. The room was nice, expensive.

“How did you get me up here?” he said under his breath sitting up.

She smiled. “Told the bellboy you had too much to drink and passed out. He was more than willing to help bring you up.”

He glanced to her again, her hair loosely flowing around her shoulders and her skirt tight around her waist and butt. “I wonder why.” He muttered under his breath, his eyes turning back to the ground.

Suddenly she was in front of him and he glanced to her eyes for the first time. “What’s that supposed to mean?” she muttered.

He ran a hand through his messy hair and gave her a look. “Come on.” He muttered. “You want me to believe he did it out of the goodness of his heart?” he laughed. “Either he was hitting on you, you paid him, or you threatened him.”

She set her hands on her hips. “You forgot one thing.” She said leaning into him till she was inches from his face. Just a taunt. “I don’t believe in ‘the goodness of people’s hearts’” He stared into her eyes, and she stood up with a smile. “That’s a load of bull. People do things because they want things. And that makes the world go round.”

He raised an eyebrow, speculating at how cynical she was. “And where do you come in?”

Her green eyes flickered to the ceiling as though the answer was written somewhere up there. She pressed her lips together for just a brief moment before pulling her gloves off and showing him one hand. “I’m the best at the game sugar.”

Logan couldn’t stop the grin from spreading across his face. “But now you have other motives to touch people.”

Rogue pulled her glove back on slowly, not meeting his eyes. “Wolverine.” She said, slightly threatening. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you were flirting with me.”

He got up off the bed and stood in front of her folding his arms across his wide chest, still slightly smiling. He leaned in, his eyes smouldering. She didn’t budge as he came closer to her, he was barely an inch away before he whispered. “Not in this century.”

She glared at him. “Not in any century Logan.”
He opened his mouth to speak before a realization occurred to him. “Oh that’s right kid, I forgot.”

“Call me kid again and you’ll forget a lot of things.”

He snickered, ignoring her threat. “The professor mentioned that unless you learn pretty quick how to control that ability of yours...” he smiled. “You’re gonna get an eternal dose of healing.”

“What?” she demanded.

“I mean it’ll just be me and you, forever young.” He laughed pulling on his leather jacket. “If I were you, I’d learn fast, or we'll be stuck together forever.”
End Notes:
Comment!
Concentration by Ransom99
“Just focus kid, you can do it.” He murmured.

Her hand hovered just above his, she had worry in her eyes about letting herself touch him again. “Look, just don’t worry about hurting me.” He murmured.

She let out a huff of air. “Believe me. That is NOT the problem at all.” She muttered under her breath. “I couldn’t care less if I hurt you. I have just... never done this before.”

“Just concentrate.” He said, trying not to let her comment sting him.

“It’s slightly difficult when you’re talking.” She said sarcastically. She closed her eyes and focused as hard as possible. Slowly, she set her hand down on his.

Nothing, she opened her eyes and he was staring at her like she was an idiot. “Great job. Now let’s try it without the glove.”

“Okay, okay! God Mr. Pushy. The problem is that...” she cut herself off, worried.

“That your thoughts flow into my head whenever your ability works?” he supplied.
“What?” she demanded suddenly surprised. “What are you talking about?”

He laughed. “Wow. I thought you knew.” He murmured. “You thought you could just see everything I was thinking? It’s mutual.”

“You’re one fucking big piece of work, you know that?” she hissed angrily. She ripped off her glove and took a long deep breath before she held out her hand to his. “I’m not scared of showing my thoughts to you. I have nothing to hide, you however have years of sexual fantasies with me in them to hide.”

“You wish.” He muttered as he took her hand. “I’ll have you know in every fantasy I’ve ever had, your name has not come up once. The only time I think of you is when I need a quick deflation.”

Her chest swelled with rage. “Wow, I’ll remember that next time I’m looking through your thoughts about me naked pervert.” She said fiercely.

Logan’s grip tightened around hers. “And I’ll remember to call the next hooker I bang Marie, bit more dignified than Rogue don’t you think?”

“Shut up, just shut up for one second shit head!” she hissed. He realized for the first time that she was no longer looking at him, she was looking at her hand in his without a reaction. “I’m doing it...” she whispered. For a moment she said nothing, before she ripped her hand from his, and her glare shot to his. “And if you ever call a hooker my name I’ll personally neuter you myself with a spoon.”

His glare met hers. “That’s not possible.”
“Believe me.” She said. “I’ll find a way.”

He rolled his eyes at her. “Whatever. Wanna get some grub? I’m hungry.”

The bravado dropped immediately and she grinned. “Yeah, sure, lets go.”
End Notes:
Let me know what you think.
Don't Need Help by Ransom99
“So what was with that kiss?” Logan asked, taking a gulp of his coke.

“What are you talking about?” she muttered, slightly unwilling to know and even more unwilling to answer. She was picking at her burger, unable to finish but wanting the distraction of holding it in her hands.

“Oh come on. When you took my healing, you kissed me.” He laughed. “Couldn’t just take my hand huh?”

Rogue kept her eyes on the ground. “It was easier than taking off my gloves. That would have taken too long.”

“Sure.” He said slowly, smiling just to himself. They were walking along a quiet empty street. It was nearly eleven and most shops were closed down now. His gaze trailed up her legs towards her face. She was smiling, but her eyes were sad. He would give anything to know what she was thinking. He took her hand and pulled her towards a park bench. “We should get back to practicing.” He murmured.

They sat down, he pulled off her glove without meeting her eyes and intertwined his fingers between hers. For a moment she was quiet, staring out at the empty park in front of her. The playground was empty, and as she tried to focus on not killing him, she thought about the swing set swaying back and forth... and how lonely it was.

“Did the professor tell you my name was Marie?” she said slowly, a deal of emotion burning under her tongue.

He shook his head, small direct movements. “When you kissed me that time I saw a few of your memories. And thoughts. But it sort of feels like I woke up from a dream, and it’s all fuzzy now. Marie was the only thing I remember.”

She nodded. Her hands were cold in his, smooth and gentle somehow it surprised him that they were, and it shouldn’t have. The silence overtook them again. Sitting and holding hand with Rogue in an empty street. That was something he never thought he would do. She pulled her hand out of his suddenly, and it was colder without it there. “You’re getting good at that.” He muttered.

“Controlling it?” she said pulling on her glove.

He shook his head and turned towards her, his gaze penetrating. “Pulling away from something that is good.”

Rogue broke his gaze, turning away and standing up. “You should get going.” She murmured slowly. Not wanting to continue this conversation.

“Yeah. I bet.” He growled, getting angry. “You can control it holding hands and such but what about this...” In one quick swipe he pulled her against him, one hand on her lower back and the other holding the back of her neck. He pressed his lips against hers, expecting something in reaction. Perhaps it was pain that he expected. Or some sort of reluctance but he felt none. For just a moment there was nothing before she opened her eyes and set her hands on his chest, only gently pushing him away. But he got the message.

When he opened his eyes she was staring at his chest. She took a deep breath. “I think you’ve done your job. I can handle the rest myself.” Rogue murmured as she turned around, about to take another step when she felt him grab her wrist.

“Come on Marie.” He murmured.

She wouldn’t look at him. All that she could see was Magneto taking him from her. His questioning eyes demanding why she would protect him. It didn’t make sense. This can’t be happening.

“My name is Rogue.” She whispered over her shoulder.
“Then Rogue. Stay here. Just for a moment.” He persuaded. “Let’s talk.”

“You don’t understand.” She pleaded. “You shouldn’t be around me. You should go. Go somewhere safe.”
“You’re right. I don’t understand.” He muttered. “I can handle myself.”

“I know you can heal Logan!” she cried desperately. “But...” she tried to gain control of herself, but getting emotional always made it difficult to have a handle on the many personalities inside her head. “But I never want to see you hurt.”

“That’s gotta mean something.” He argued. “Please, I know we’ve had our fair share of shit but...”

“But nothing! It would never work.” she hissed. “Listen to me. Magneto is after you, get somewhere safe. Right now. I can hold him off but... since I touched him there’s a part of his personality in me that won’t let me kill him. And I—” she cut off, a headache screaming through her skull like fire.

She fell to her knees, it felt like her head was going to explode. There was too much happening at once. Everyone in there was trying to escape her. Fighting against her. Driving her out. “Ah!” she gasped out desperately.

“Rogue?” He went down to her level. “Please Rogue let me help you.”
“No one can help me.” She screamed out. “I’m fine I just need to calm... calm... down...” her voice started to waver and she started to fall to the ground before he caught her.
End Notes:
Let me know what you think!
Weakness by Ransom99
“There was no where else that I could bring her professor.” Logan murmured out of breath. “I didn’t know what was happening to her. But I didn’t think that it was... well something that normal doctors can help with.”

“I understand Logan. You did the right thing.” Xavier agreed.

Rogue laid on the table, her eyes closed, so pale she looked close to death. But there had been no problems with her body itself. However working so hard on restraining her power had left her weak and vulnerable.

“When she gets used to controlling her ability it will take less of a toll on her... But at the moment in such an emotional state, it let the strong personalities begin to take over. When she tried to fight them it triggered something that made her body result to complete shut down before she could be overthrown.”

Logan nodded. “But she’ll be okay right?”

There was something new in his tone, and Xavier who had his hands on both sides of Rogue’s head lowered as he turned to look at him. “Logan.” He said slowly. “Her emotional unbalance was caused by something external. Do I have to ask if you had something to do with it?”

His eyes narrowed. “No.” He murmured. “I mean yes but... No. I was... Well we were just practicing her control and I...”

The professor closed his eyes. “There is something that you need to understand.” He murmured. “Rogue is a very troubled girl, and she was only capable of that amount of control over the other minds because of her emotional disconnection with other people.” He took a deep breath. “You... changed that. And now she has to come to terms with it all at once.”

Logan’s eyes widened as he understood. His jaw clenched. “Is there anything I can do?”
Xavier let his hands hover on the outside of Rogue’s head once more as he closed his eyes. “You’ve done enough.”

That hurt him, and on that note he felt there was nothing he could do but leave. He wandered up to the mansion. Trying to pass time, even though it was impossible. There was nothing he could think of more. He knew it then. That everything that he ever knew between he and her had changed.

Out on the balcony he lit a cigar trying to calm himself down. It was all his fault that she was down there now. But what was that shit she had been telling him about Magneto? The conclusion that Magneto was after him came quickly, but not fast enough for him to suddenly see six adamantium bullets hovering in the air in front of him, before they shot into his forehead. The direct location of all his memories, which were now gone. No hope of ever healing.

Magneto appeared in front of him and Logan started to hover above the ground as he picked him up. He smiled.
End Notes:
Comment!
Alone by Ransom99
She was alone. For the first time since she could remember. Alone in her mind. Alone in her thoughts. Alone without the voices interfering and nagging and bitching. There was no presence in her head but her own.

For just a moment Rogue thought she was dead. But then she opened her eyes.

The room was bright making her flinch against too much of it. She quickly sat up glancing around. She was in some sort of medical room. She turned to the side and suddenly she saw Xavier who moved closer to her. “You’re safe here Rogue. Logan brought you to me. And it’s a good thing he did.”

She glared at him. “What did you do to me?”

He noticed the dark part of her tone and knew to be wary. “I moved the personalities in your mind to a part of your subconscious. That was all I could do with you asleep.”

Her eyes narrowed. “What does that mean?”

“That means that you can still access the powers of your victims however cannot hear them or have to fight them for control of your own body.” He murmured. “If you wish I can get rid of them completely now that you are awake.”

Rogue shook her head immediately. “I have to go. Where is Logan?” she demanded.

“Logan is...” he froze suddenly. His entire spine had gone rigid.
“What?” she exclaimed.

He took in a long and shaky breath, his eyes closed before he looked to Rogue once again. “Magneto.”

“No.” She whispered suddenly starting to walk towards the door with Charles following close behind. “He said that he was going to erase his memories. Is that possible?”

Xavier nodded. “His thought process is the same as when we first found him. He only knows his name and...”
“And?” she probed.

“Nothing...” he said quietly. She knew he was hiding something but this was not the time to demand and answer.

“Can you trace him?” she asked as they went further up the mansion.
“Yes.” Xavier answered. “He’s near the abandoned warehouse in the north west section of the city.”

“Got it.” She muttered under her breath heading towards the doors.

“Rogue,” he called out, a worrisome aspect in his voice. She turned around only slightly so that she could look at him. She saw his jaw tense. “Magneto will be expecting you. And he has Logan... not thinking straight. He will not remember you. There will be many others with him. Are you sure you can handle it?”

She closed her eyes and nodded. “It’s my fault he’s there. I’ll get him out.”
Sacrifice by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Woops. Long Chapter.
Rogue pulled up nearby the warehouse. It was big, a giant building. The doors large metal sheets. The crank for opening the doors had been broken. The metal twisted in a unnatural way. The only way to open the doors was now with Magneto’s ability.

She took a deep breath, weighing out exactly how much of each ability she had. But she did not know how many people Magneto had and whether or not he would kill her if he had the chance. Talk about a bad break up.

Finally she started walking towards the doors. All that she knew was that Magneto had crossed the line. And the hate burned inside her. Once in front of the doors she jerked her fingers only slightly and the doors nearly came off their large metal hinges as they flew out of the way loudly.

Rogue entered the building. She knew he was here somewhere. She felt it. But there was silence. And darkness. She could hear every movement but there was none. Her heart pounded against her chest.

“Eric?” she called.

A gust of wind gave someone away, they hit her hard, pinning her to the ground unable to move. She let out a grasp of pain and was about to rip their head off when she realized who it was holding her down.

“Logan?” she whispered.

The fire in his eyes softened at the sound of his name, but there was no recognition as he looked at her. She wouldn’t move. “Please Logan.” She whispered “Try to remember.”

His eyebrows pulled together as he stared at her. There was a great deal of concentration there but suddenly she saw it. The thought process. His jaw tensed. “Marie?” he growled.

That voice wasn’t his. It wasn’t how he would speak to her before. There was always the kindness. Always to her. There was always the assurance that he wouldn’t hurt her even if he got the chance.

He had remembered just one name, and it wasn’t even his own.

She stared up at him as he stood up and backed away from her. Rogue forced herself to her feet. “Come on, you remember me. Please trust me. We have to go now.”

That was when she realized that there were many people around her, and Eric’s voice echoed around the warehouse walls. “I’m afraid we can’t let you do that.” Magneto said in that annoying drawl of his.

She glared up at him. “What did you do?” she demanded. “How did you do this?” Her voice was getting more and more panicked. It was her who had brought this upon him. It was her fault. Everything was. The people around her would just get hurt. There was nothing she could do about it.

The pain pulsed through her and the walls began to shake as he spoke again. “I didn’t do anything. No one can wipe out parts of the mind but Xavier. Charles erased his memories. And he’s the one you’re working for.”

Rogue heard Wolverine growl. “No.” She whispered. “No he’s lying! Please!” She gasped as she heard his claws shoot out as anger and frustration coursed through him. “Logan listen to me!”

She glanced around at the many people that she recognized working for Magneto. Gambit. Colossus. Sabre-tooth. Mystique. Juggernaut. Blob. And now he had Wolverine. The one who could survive everything but her.

“Kill her.” Magneto ordered. Wolverine started to walk towards her.

“No...” she whispered. “Don’t do this.” She knew she could kill him. And so did Magneto. He was testing her to see if she would kill him. He apparently knew her feelings towards Logan. She started to back away. Holding up a barricade of Jean’s powers to stop him from getting closer, but it was hard to keep.

When did it get so hard to fight him?

She tried to push him away, and failed. “Logan stop.” She whispered. Her gaze shot up to Magneto’s who watched with a smile on his face.

Rogue heard the X-jet coming to help her, but as she watched Logan struggle to come towards her there was nothing they could do anymore. She had already made her decision.

It had all been a trick. Magneto knew that Wolverine and her had chemistry. And out of jealousy he wanted to diminish it. There was no one she couldn’t kill, except him. And that had been his plan all along. That was the only way to kill her. It seemed like many people wanted her dead now. But she never expected Wolverine to be one of them.

She stared ahead aware of the rest of Magneto’s team fleeing at the sound of Xavier’s. The tears formed in her eyes, and she sucked in a ragged breath as she dropped the barrier.

A scream filled the air until his claws punctured both of her lungs.
End Notes:
Please tell me what you think!
Choice by Ransom99
Everything happened very fast then. As she fell something exploded, and the shaky walls of the warehouse began to crumble. Fire was all around them and the small amount of grass on the ground swayed in the giant gust of wind that the jet rushed against the ground. With a smile, Magneto disappeared and the rest of his disciples did the same. All of them rushing into different directions, too late to be traced or chased.

They had succeeded in killing her, in the only way they knew how. They killed her with her love. Somehow, deep inside her Rogue had realized that all she wanted was what Logan wanted. And she would do anything to ensure he got it.

She was also tired of fighting. And to her... it had seemed only fitting to die at the hand of her only love and everlasting enemy. As she lay there on the ground, staring up at the sky she saw the fire. The flames around, sending smoke into the hazy sky. By now she knew that Magneto was long gone. She had always thought that one day she would find a way to kill him. But when she finally had rid of him inside her... she couldn’t even kill someone who got in her way.

Wolverine had yet to take his eyes off her as his claws retracted back into him. He stared at her limp body collapsed on the ground and somehow there was pain in him as he watched her dying. It was something he didn’t understand, and probably never would.

There was not much he knew or remembered, but somehow fighting her seemed like it had happened before. There was a strange sense of déjà vu engulfing the entire situation. There was an odd feeling of remorse as her eyes seemed dazed and relaxed. And he leaned over her and picked her up in his arms, holding her tightly.

Suddenly there were two people beside him, and a thought in his mind appeared. He should follow him. They mean no harm. He carried Rogue into the jet, unable to focus or even speak to anyone else. As he sat down, his gaze turned to the wake of destruction she had left. The warehouse was completely destroyed. Collapsed and burning.

The door closed as the jet hovered above the ground for a brief moment, and finally took off. There was silence, and he stared down at her trying to remember. Anything. He was vaguely aware that Charles was now beside him, but he wanted to ignore his presence. “She let me kill her.” He murmured slowly.

Xavier closed his eyes and nodded slowly. “In her head, she managed to reason it out that it was the lesser of two evils.”

“And what are those?” Wolverine huffed, annoyed but still curious.

“She could have killed you, easily herself. Had she wanted to.” Charles took a deep breath and looked down on her. “It was either you died, or she did.” There was silence for a long time as he considered that. Finally Xavier continued. “If you choose to... you can save her.”

“Why would I do that?” Logan demanded his tone angry and defiant. “I don’t even know her.”

He took a deep breath. “You do.” He murmured. “If you remembered you would know that you knew her quite well...”

His jaw tensed. “Not anymore. And that is your fault, along with hers.”

The professor’s gaze shifted to Jean’s worried one as he spoke. “Logan, what Magneto told you is not true. Now I can try to help you remember what has been forgotten if you help her.”

Wolverine glared up at him. “I don’t help anyone.”

“Tell me Logan, the one thing that you remembered?” he questioned. “What is the only memory you have?” When he didn’t answer the professor continued. “Marie.” He said. “You remembered her, if only her name. She is the only one you really know. You have to save her.”

Logan’s eyes were closed. His eyebrows tightened together as he tried to concentrate. His hands, folded together as he rested his forehead on them. Finally, he opened his eyes. “How?”
End Notes:
Pleaaaaaase Comment!
Memories by Ransom99
Rogue opened her eyes to the familiar bright light. For a moment she didn’t move. This can’t be... she didn’t have enough of Logan’s healing to heal on her own...

She turned to the side and saw him sitting there staring at the ground, and slowly he glanced up at her. Immediately without thinking she got up and ran into his arms. “Logan!” she sang overjoyed. She was bursting with energy.

His arms settled around her awkwardly, and she pulled away from him with a sudden realization.

“You don’t remember me.” She whispered.
He stared down at her with no recognition in his eyes. They were slightly cold. “No.” He murmured.

Rogue took an immediate step back. “I’m sorry.” He didn’t answer her. Clearly searching in the back of his mind for any memory of her whatsoever. It seemed like he wished he remembered. After a moment of silence a thought occurred to her. “Why did you save me?”

His eyes remained on the ground. “Marie...” He said her name like it was another word. Not something she was called. His voice sounded calmer now, as though he had spent time on his answer, but he didn’t. “I... I don’t know.”

Logan sank down back onto his chair, staring at his hands indecisively. She heard Charles enter and spun around as he spoke. “Rogue, may I speak to you a moment?”

She nodded and followed him out. The hallway was cold, the walls metal and bare. Everything seemed pale, but she tried to concentrate on what the professor was going to say to her.

“I have no way to access Logan’s memories.” He murmured slowly and quietly. “They have all been destroyed… six adamantium bullets to his frontal lobe has left him completely… unaware of his past.”

Without realizing it one of Rogue’s hands covered her mouth as she glanced towards the door that Logan was inside of. A lump was in her throat and she knew it would be hard to speak now, but she tried. “You’re saying there’s nothing you can do?”

Xavier nodded slowly, but looked at her sternly. A great deal of intent in his gaze. “There’s nothing I can do.” He put specific emphasis on the ‘I.’

Rogue’s eyebrows raised. “Me?” she said quietly. “What could I do?”

Charles took a long breath closing his eyes. “Your ability… you seem to exchange more than just the power itself. You exchange memories… since Logan has none it would simply double the amount that you give him. There is a way you can control it so that only his memories flow through, but there’s still a chance that yours will follow.”

“That’ll work?” she said sceptically.

“That’s the only option we have.” He murmured, disappointed. “You’re his only chance to get back the little amount of memory he had before.”

Rogue nodded. “So that’s it? Sounds easy to me.”

She saw his jaw tense and his gaze flicker away briefly. “There’s something you should know.” He told her. “If you make contact with Logan for that amount of time, you will acquire his eternal healing, and there is still the chance that it won’t work.”

She didn’t want to live forever. She never had. Rogue wasn’t the type to be afraid of aging and other things of that sort. She had always longed for the thought of growing old with someone. To live forever is a great burden… one which she had thought she would never have to bare. She knew she would have to watch everyone she loved die slowly, one at a time. Without hope of ever saving them from the old age that was supposed to take everyone one day. But Logan… he knew better than anyone what it was like to watch people die, even if he didn’t remember it. Could she leave him alone though it all?
End Notes:
Comment.
Lost by Ransom99
Rogue sat down beside him on his bed. Perhaps his bedroom would be the best place to wake up, even if he didn’t end up remembering. He stared at the ground. The professor had explained it to him already. All the circumstances and the possibilities. He had agreed to it all.

Now it was just her and him, alone in his bedroom, both of them staring at the ground. She had been gaining more and more control over her ability since the personalities had been distinguished. But as she pulled off one glove she found it difficult to use against him as she had so easily before.

She had no idea why she was doing this. There was a great doubt in her heart that he would do the same for her with his memories back. What if all that he remembered was how much he hated her when they were enemies? Perhaps it was only for her that feelings had changed, and that was worrisome. The professor had given her access to the Wolverine that was in her head and he growled fiercely at her.

Consumed by her own thoughts she didn’t realize what Logan was doing until he had her hand in his, their fingers intertwined. She stared down at their hands joined together and then finally looked back up to his face. There wasn’t much that he remembered or knew... but he trusted her. And he gave her an assuring smile. “Do it.” He murmured.

She closed her eyes, and let go of the control she had so successfully maintained. And then she did exactly what the professor had said. Look through all of the memories that he gave you and you have of him. So she did. She remembered the nightmares he would have constantly. She thought of the brother that would follow him forever. She saw the wars that hadn’t been forgotten. And then she looked at what she wished she could have forgotten. The many times that she and him had fought against each other. The days when they would bicker. The time they had spent as enemies and finally... their last few days together.

When she opened her eyes he had collapsed on the bed, completely out but still alive and capable of healing. She felt the energy of it pulsing through her. It had been done. She felt it. She felt immortal. Rogue closed her eyes, feeling it flow through her. Her heart beat was all that she could hear. And it would continue to beat forever.

Her teeth clenched as she tried to make herself believe that he would remember her. But she knew the truth. It’s all just a fairy tale never to come true. Happy Ever After is a lie. It’s just fictional. No one can be happy forever and anyone who believes that is soft.

Rogue wasn’t soft. But somehow Logan had made her be. She cringed away from being vulnerable to anyone and wrapped her arms around herself, she was slipping to sleep when he stirred, but only slightly.

She was at his side in a second, holding his hand and hoping that he would wake. “Please Logan.” She whispered. “Please, if you remember I’ll join the X-men. I promise I will. Just please. Please don’t leave me. Don’t leave me alone.” Her eyes closed, and a tear spilled down her cheek.

A voice sounded from the doorway. “He still does not remember.” He murmured. She watched Logan open his eyes and turn to her. He pulled his hand from hers and he held it to her cheek gently.

Rogue wouldn’t believe him. “Please Logan. What’s my favourite colour?”
He stared at her, unresponsive. He shook his head and glanced down to the floor as he sat up and pulled away from her. “I’m sorry.” He murmured.

A quiet sob escaped her lips as she shuddered lightly. She took a deep breath but it came out ragged. She couldn’t save his memories. She wasn’t strong enough for it.

“Rogue,” the professor called out as she walked past him towards the door. “Rogue!”

She ignored him and began to run from everything, with a well nourished energy supply, nothing could stop her now. And soon, Magneto would pay for this.
End Notes:
Criticism is appreciated. Tell me all thoughts!
Stop by Ransom99
“Magneto?” Rogue’s voice rang out into the echoing caves where she had found him last time she had gone looking. Her voice was anything but hesitant. And the walls around her were wet an dripping. The caves were dark and she could barely hear a thing. However she did hear the growling of Sabre-tooth. “Eric.” She called. There was a darkness in her voice that had never been heard before. Only Magneto knew that he had awakened a long asleep strength.

“Come on.” She said forcing the evil smile that had appeared on her face so many times as she looked around, knowing that there were many other mutants around her. Surrounding her. They were stupid to believe that anyone could defeat her now. “You didn’t think that you could kill me that easily, did you?” He still didn’t step out and show himself, so she continued to taunt. “What’s the matter Eric?” she said darkly. “Don’t handle getting dumped well?”

“That’s enough Rogue.” He murmured stepping out of the shadows. Anger stabbed through her as she saw his face. She had never hated someone so much. The emptiness deep inside her chest was swelling, just creating a hold on her, full of anger and frustration that would never again be contained.

“Go on.” She hissed. Holding out her arms wide. “Finish the fucking job.” He glared at her, when he said nothing she smiled wickedly. She laughed, but there was more pain that humour in her voice that rang like bells. “The only way you could get over me was by killing me? Was that the only way you could forget me?” her eyes narrowed, and her eyes were set completely in shadow. “I don’t take people forgetting me well.”

Finally someone attacked her from behind, and with a quick easy throw she lifted them above her shoulders and slammed them onto the ground. Sabre-tooth growled up at her angrily. She kneeled down with a smile and with a quick shot to the head he was unconscious.

Many more tried. But she was running on autopilot unable to see anything but the main goal. Him, dead in front of her. Pain shot through her as a thought occurred. Wolverine would never look at her that same way again. She let out a gasp as she threw Colossus against a wall.

That was it. Magneto was now alone. She walked forward. “Go on.” She whispered brokenly. “Do it.”

Suddenly two wide pieces of metal came towards her from both sides. They almost hit her before her hands lifted, palms faced out and holding the metal away. Magneto glared at her. “I’m stronger than even you now Eric.” She whispered to him. “If only you had known that before you pissed me off so fucking much.”

She lifted the metal and pushed it towards him and he tried to hold against her, but he had no chance. There wasn’t any possibility that he could. She held the metal on either side of him, taunting before she killed him. “Congratulations Eric.” She said, her voice high and proud. “You finally did it. You finally broke my heart as you always wanted. But you couldn’t do it on your own.”

Rogue pushed the metal harder against his power, and he was struggling against a mere percentage of everything she had. Suddenly, a familiar voice called out. “Rogue!”

Her heart leapt. “Logan?” she glanced back at him and sighed.
“Please Rogue, don’t do this.” He asked her.

She shook her head angrily. “You don’t understand. You never will.”
He took in a deep breath. “But you don’t have to be like him. You don’t have to kill anyone.”

“You’re right.” She whispered. “I don’t have to.” Her gaze flickered to Magneto who looked hopeful before she spoke again. “But I want to.”

The huge blocks of metal were getting closer and closer to Magneto. He was unable to stop it.

“Please Marie.” Logan murmured slowly. When she still did not stop he glanced to the entrance of the cave and then back to her. He closed his eyes as he spoke. “Green.” He murmured.

Her eyes widened. “What?”
End Notes:
Criticism is appreciated.
Hate and Love by Ransom99
Logan walked closer to her, his eyes sympathetic and longing. There wasn’t a touch of confusion in his eyes. He knew what he was doing, and he knew who she was to him. But he knew as her dark and angry gaze flickered to Magneto’s desperate one, something had changed in her. He kept coming closer and she shook with each step. Like it would suddenly break apart like a dream.

“Revenge isn’t the way of going about this Rogue.” He murmured.

Her eyes narrowed. “It’s not revenge. It’s justice. You’re acting like he can just get away with anything! There’s always consequences Logan.” Her voice shook slightly as she closed her eyes, trying to hold herself together. But no amount of power could do that. “I was punished. I was given something incredible just to have it taken away.”

“I’m not gone.” He assured her. “I’m still here. I may not remember everything but I know the truth Rogue... and I know I don’t want to ever leave you again.”

Her hands were shaking as they held Magneto between what could easily kill him. “No...” she whispered. “No, I’m not letting him get away with this. I can’t let him... not after what he did to you.”

Logan had stopped walking, barely a meter away now. There was little light in the cave around them. It was only big enough for a car to barely fit through. Magneto was trapped against the far wall with nowhere to go or hide, and on either side of him was two pieces of metal bigger than him, that he could easily be crushed between.

“You don’t have to be like him.” Logan tried again. “You don’t have to do this anymore. You can change sides. You could become good. Let me help you.”

A strong agony crushed through her, forcing her to her knees as she gasped out. Her words were little more than a cry. “I’m not good. I’m not worth helping.”

“That’s not true.” He growled, frustration seeping through his well defined mask of patience. “You are worth whatever you need.”

There was silence throughout the cave, and all that could be heard was the gentle dripping of water from the ceiling into a puddle on the ground. Every second seemed like an eternity. Rogue was gasping, out of breath as her power started to tighten around every cell in her body. “No!” She screamed out angrily. Just as she did the mountain the cave was within had started to shake, and the two large pieces of metal fell to the ground in a loud crash.

“NO” she yelled again. Her arms dropping to her sides as she kneeled and pressed her hands to the ground. Rogue pushed herself up and stood staring at Logan. “He doesn’t deserve a second chance Logan. He took you from me. He has killed people. He erased your memories. He treated you like a puppet and made you work with your brother who helped to destroy everything you ever loved and remembered.” Her eyes turned pleading. “He tried to make you kill me, and succeeded. I died.”

As she spoke there was a strong tightening pulsing through his broad chest and up to his shoulders. His fists clenched harder until pain shot up his arms. It was the only way to let out the incredible and growing amount of fury that burned through him. He had to force himself to stay standing there as his legs itched to run. Every muscle in his body was tensing harder and harder through him without a hope of unclenching.

Her eyes widened as the long metal claws slid out of his fists. His eyes were on the ground as he tried to calm himself down. But there was too much anger in him that was ripping him apart down to the core. He didn’t want to be an animal. Finally he looked up to see Rogue, pale from the cold. Just as pale as she had looked when he had killed her.

He heard something behind him, and realized it was Magneto trying to slip away. He glanced back at Rogue, who raised an eyebrow. He spun around quickly and within three quick inhuman steps he was gripping Magneto’s shirt, and holding him against the wall.

His claws ripped at Magneto’s clothing, cutting through to the skin. Nothing fatal. But there were many likely possibilities of scars all over him now. Logan glared up at him as he held him higher and higher. It felt good to be using the restrained strength with just one arm. His eyes dark, he would have struck fear into anyone. “If I ever see you again,” he grunted “I’ll kill you.” He threw him to the ground at the entrance of the cave.

Logan’s glare penetrated into Magneto’s back as he stumbled away. Injured... but alive. At his side, he held Rogue’s hand tightly. Both knowing that they would one day regret letting him escape.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered slowly. He glanced down to her, she was only as tall as his shoulder. Her eyes were fearful but satisfied.

“For what?” he asked finally. Unable to imagine what she had to apologize for.
“For losing control back there.” She murmured with a sigh. “I could have taken down the entire mountain... it would have taken out everyone.”

Logan rolled his eyes and glanced back to the unconscious bodies that Magneto had left behind. His minions. “Looks like you already did.” He muttered. He sighed. “Besides, we both seem to have some control issues.”

Rogue forced a broke smile up at him. “Then I guess we can help each other.”
The corner of his lip curled upwards. “Guess so.” She wrapped her arms around him, and his tightened around her. She heard him let out a small laugh. “We aren’t very good at hating each other.”
End Notes:
Comment!
The Big Bad Mutant Family by Ransom99
They stood at the gates of the mansion, Rogue staring ahead at the doors several meters away. Gloves on, she had her arms folded across her chest, wearing her snug dark blue jeans and her dark green hoody. Her hair fell straight down her back, the white streak tucked behind her ear. Her gaze flickered to Logan, who turned to the side when he noticed her looking at him.

He was wearing his basic faded grey T-shirt, fitting tightly around his biceps and shoulders but loose as it fell around the belt of his blue jeans. He held his leather jacket in one hand, and in the other, one of Rogue’s bags. She had still yet to pick up the one she had set beside her when they stopped to take a moment.

She mashed her lips together. “There’s a hotel down the far road over there, just a couple miles. I can still be close without... living here.” She offered.

Logan rolled his eyes. “You said you’d join the X-men if I remembered.” He pointed out, pushing her out of the way and grabbing her bag to head to the door.

“I just...” she sighed. “I just don’t think that everyone will be entirely comfortable with me staying there. Maybe it can start with occasional visits and the possible sleepover and after a few months it could build to just weekends and maybe by the end of the year if everyone is... good... with... it...” she slowed down because he started giving her the look again.

“You’re seriously scared of what they’ll think of you?” He laughed, seriously finding it amusing.
“Shut up.” She hissed. “I haven’t exactly made the best impression. You know that.”

He smiled shrugging. He knew it the most. “Don’t worry.” He murmured, one arm behind her back and pushing her forward. “They are all really excited to meet you.”

“Really?” she said, surprised. Then her eyes narrowed. “You’re lying.”
He shook his head. “I’m not. Scott and Jean were... surprisingly good about it.” He shook his head. “Jean said you can come over anytime if I get overbearing. I’m not right?”

Rogue couldn’t help but let the smile creep across her face. “She thinks I can’t handle you?”
He shrugged again. “You’re right. We both started on the other side of the tracks after all.”

Her gaze was on the ground as they started moving and she forced him to let her help carry the bag her had taken from her. “And the professor?” she said hesitantly. “What does he think?”

Logan ran his now free hand through his messy dark hair. “He’s so grateful to you... he was making sure that everyone would treat you well. Not that anyone wouldn’t...” he back tracked.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. “And why wouldn’t they?”
He smiled slightly. “You may not know this Marie but you have a way of making everyone like you.”

Perhaps she would have accepted the compliment had she hadn’t noticed something. She took a deep breath. “I don’t want people calling me Marie ‘round here Logan.”

“Oh, I’m sorry I thought...” he started to apologize.
“No,” she interrupted. “You can... I just... It doesn’t seem right. Maybe in a while. But not yet.” He nodded, full of understanding.

They had reached the door now, standing just outside it as he waited for her to summon the courage to open it. When she didn’t he sighed and reached over, and opened the door. “I’ll protect you from the big bad mutants.”

Standing in the entrance in front of the giant staircase Rogue sighed. “You’re one of them sugar.” He grinned devilishly at her and took her hand as he started to lead her the way up the stairs.

“There she is.” Rogue heard a female voice say calmly. Rogue closed her eyes, her thoughts were: Shit, shit. I thought I’d have time before I had to meet everyone. But she smiled as she looked to the right and saw a woman with fiery red hair and a man with sunglasses standing behind her.

“Hi.” Rogue murmured awkwardly. “Jean.”
“Rogue.” Jean said with a smile as though they had never met before. The last time Rogue had seen her was when she drained her strength leaving Jean in a coma for six days. “This is Scott. We’re very happy to have you here.” Surprisingly, Jean seemed genuine. But Rogue still wasn’t a fan.

Logan tried not to look annoyed. “I was just showing her the room...” he said slowly, not letting go of her hand.

“Good,” Jean praised him with a smile. “Then you go ahead and take her bag while we introduce her to everyone.”
Rogue’s hand tightened in his and she heard him laugh as she turned to give him a “Save me” look. He grinned. “That sounds like a great idea. Rogue, I’ll be right back. Unless of course you don’t want to meet everyone?”

She glared at him and bit her tongue against the many things she wanted to call him. Protection from the big bad mutants huh? Well she was gonna show him one when she got him alone... “No, no. That’s fine.” She said forcing a smile.

“Great!” Jean murmured while Scott snickered at her enthusiasm.
Logan grinned at Rogue. “Don’t worry. You’ll be fine.” He said taking her bag and walking up the stairs.
End Notes:
Let me know what you think.
New Beginning by Ransom99
Rogue took in a deep breath as she was lead through to the kitchen where there were several people that suddenly grew silent as she entered. She stood at the doorway as Scott and Jean walked further in and went to the sides of Kurt, Kitty, Bobby, and Storm. Kurt grinned. “Welcome to the family Rogue.” He said, his thick German accent soaking every word.

Jean’s smile faded and she started walking towards the door, Scott grabbed her hand to pull her back without making much of a fuss. But only Rogue noticed the commotion. Everyone else was focused on her.

“Come on Jean, don’t be like that.” He murmured under his breath, trying to keep her in the kitchen.
Her red hair swayed as she shook her head. “Oh please. I’ll keep up the act in front of Logan. That’s it.” Her glare flickered to Rogue. “I know the truth. It’s dangerous having her here.”

Scott sighed and let go of her hand, she left promptly. When he looked back at Rogue he realized she had heard. “Don’t worry about it.” He muttered taking a few steps closer to her. His voice was barely heard over the many chatters of Kitty and Kurt.

Rogue took a deep breath and nodded. This was something she had no choice but to get used to. She glanced over at Storm, who had forced a smile. “We’re happy to have you here Rogue.” She appreciated her effort. “I’m willing to settle our differences if you are.”

Rogue scratched the back of her head and then ran her fingers through her hair. Of course Ororo was referring to when she had fought back against them when they tried to take down Magneto. Storm had ended up... well rather weak from her touch. She nodded. “Yeah.” She murmured.

For the rest of the night she met everyone living in the mansion. Mutants had come here or been brought here from across the countries. All of them with problems... similar to hers. Of course, hers weren’t something to be compared to. The mansion was huge, but Rogue knew she’d have to seek out a place that wasn’t crawling with questions.

She found herself wandering the hallways alone for the first time. She could hardly be a regular student here. But she had no idea how she could deal with people hating her. Perhaps over time... they could grow to like her, as Logan had.

Jean would be more difficult though. She had not enjoyed being beat by Rogue and all it had done was anger her. What she needed to understand... was that no one could beat her. Her power was their power. But she had more than that.

She heard something behind her and saw Logan walking closer. “Having fun yet?”
Rogue rolled her eyes, not realizing her arms were wrapped around herself. “Tons.” She muttered sarcastically.

“Look, I know it’s hard...” he began.
She cut him off. “No need for the speech Logan.” She looked him in the eyes carefully as he began to look worried. “I’m not a kid in a new town.” She sighed. “I know exactly what I’m dealing with. And if you think for a second that there’s anything I can’t take then you’re wrong.” She had walked further ahead of him, out of his reach and stopped, standing in front of a mirror.

His eyes studied her intently for just a moment before he nodded, not willing to argue. “I know that you can take on anything girlie.” He muttered under his breath as he came closer. As she stared at herself in the mirror he was suddenly behind her in her reflection. “All I’m saying is you don’t have to do everything alone now.” He leaned over slightly, wrapping his arms around her torso, overtop of hers. Logan felt her exhale, relaxing slightly and she closed her eyes.

He knew she would have trouble with trust or faith in anyone, he pressed his cheek against hers gently and she felt the slight scrape of his beard scruff against her. “We’ll work on it.” He smiled at her in the reflection as she opened her eyes to a new day.

End.
End Notes:
Still deciding if this'll be the start of a series. Anyways, let me know what you thought about it.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3658