Competition by Wytchling
Summary: Logan brings home a new recruit for the X-Men. Will she compete with Rogue for Logan?
Categories: X2, AU Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 5936 Read: 37839 Published: 02/01/2010 Updated: 02/04/2010
Story Notes:
A little competition does the heart good.

1. Chapter 1 by Wytchling

2. Chapter 2 by Wytchling

3. Chapter 3 by Wytchling

4. Chapter 4 by Wytchling

5. Chapter 5 by Wytchling

6. Chapter 6 by Wytchling

7. Chapter 7 by Wytchling

Chapter 1 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Meet my Original Character Donella. I love her but she can be a tease. I own nothing but her. *tears*
I figure Jean is a little overused so here's my competition for Logan's affections.
Set in an AU X2 typish timeframe. I like to pretend X3 never happened and killing Jean in X2? What was that all about?
Rogue heard the low rumble of Logan's bike coming up the drive and grinned. It had been a while since he'd come home last. She tossed her book aside and hurried to the front door. "Logan!" She exclaimed and launched herself at him for a bone crushing hug.

He grinned down at her. "Hey Kid. Miss me?"

"Nah." She teased grinning at him.

The grin didn't last long when she caught sight of the woman coming in just behind him. She was a small woman with a mass of curly blond hair and huge blue eyes set in a petite heart shaped face. She glanced up at Logan, he looked behind him at the blond then at Rogue. "This is Donella. New X-men recruit." He explained and Rogue felt her heart start again.

"Nice to meet ya." Rogue said extending a gloved hand.

Donella smiled and it nearly dazzled Rogue. "Nice to meet you too." She replied.

They stood in an awkward semi circle for a moment then the Professor wheeled into sight and Logan diverted everyone's attention to him and made an escape. Rogue noticed how Donella's eyes followed him until he was gone. She pursed her lips and made a note to keep an eye on the little blond.
----------------------------------------------------------

Logan strode up the hall towards his old room just as Jean came out of her room. She straightened her back and prepared to fend off innuendo and advances but sagged in surprise when Logan simply walked by her. She felt a small pang of disappointment but suppressed it quickly and hurried down to the main hall.

Logan dropped his duffel-bag on the bed and started to unpack his thoughts straying to Rogue. It seemed like every time he left she changed in some drastic way while he was gone, even if it were only for a week. This time she'd apparently changed her wardrobe to include some more accentuating cloths and he'd found himself lingering a little too long on some of her curves when Donella had come up behind him. He glared at the shirt he was holding. Hell if he knew what he felt for her. He'd seen her wrap men and women around her fingers with just a single smile then send them packing with another smile. She was a wild card and he couldn't deny being attracted but then he came home and saw Rogue and her steady fire attracted him just as much.
He jammed the shirt into the drawer and leaned against the wall for a moment before pushing away and heading back downstairs.
End Notes:
Please review!
Chapter 2 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
In which we find out that Donella plays both teams and Rogue has a plan. Don't like bisexuality don't read.
"Welcome to the Institute Donella." Xavier greeted her once Logan and Rogue had left.

Donella smiled. "Thanks. To be honest I'm really not the joining type but Logan said I should give it a shot so..."

"Well we certainly won't make you join us. What exactly is your mutation in any case?" Xavier asked.

"I have complete control over the elements of air and water." She replied.

She shifted smoothly into a completely liquid state. She looked like a woman made of water and he could see the crystal clear liquid shift and undulate but her surface tension was absolute. She shifted back smoothly then became only slightly visible but he could see her faintly. He could however feel her. The air pressure where she was standing was intense and he had the impression of a carefully contained tornado. She shifted back and smiled. "I've spent years working on my control. And I can't be frozen in my liquid state."

"Very impressive. Perhaps later you can demonstrate your tactical abilities in the Danger Room. For now why don't we show you to a room."

She smiled. "I'd like that."
----------------------------------------------------------

After she'd settled in she located Logan. He was sitting in the garden smoking when she settled down next to him. "This place is great. How come you spend so much time on the road if you've got a place like this to come home to?"

He gave a snort. "So I still have a place to come home to."

She chuckled. "Yeah I saw your door. Didn't want anyone stealing your room?"

"It worked didn't it?"

She nudged his arm with her shoulder. "Hey, How come you don't call me darlin' anymore? You haven't since we got past the front gate."

He growled lightly and puffed his cigar. "Dunno."

She stretched and her shirt rode up over a flat toned belly. "I bet I know. I bet her name is Rogue."

He growled at her and she laughed. "Oh yeah. Her name is Rogue. She's a cute kid, all big brown eyes and innocence. So cute, too bad she hasn't figured out how to use any of it."

"She can't touch." He replied shortly.

Donella smirked. "Oh yes she can. She just hasn't thought it through and figure out a way around it. Hell I could teach her a few ways around it. She's cute enough and I like the innocent ones."

She got up and turned to head back up to the Mansion when Logan grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "You leave her alone Donella."

She leaned in towards him and he could smell the crisp smell of mountain water and ozone. "Why? Worried I'll taint her?"

"She's not yours to taint." He growled.

"Is she yours then? Didn't look like it." Donella replied in an offhanded way that made Logan very suspicious, Donella was a game player and a raging nympho who didn't care if she slept with a man or woman so long as she got to have sex with someone.

He pulled her in closer his fingers tightening. He smelt her arousal spike. "Don't play your games with Rogue."

"Who will I play with then?" She asked.

They were about an inch apart and Logan felt himself reacting to her, the way he always reacted to her, she appealed to the Wolverine. "You can play with me, or any of the single guys but stay away from Rogue."

"Ohh. So I won't be all yours then?"

"I know better." He pulled her down onto his lap and kissed her firmly hoping to distract her from Rogue.
----------------------------------------------------------

Rogue watched them kissing in the garden from the library window and saw red. She wanted to yank the blonds curly hair out by the roots but she forced herself to be calm. Logan's conquests never lasted long and this time around Rogue had what she hoped was a fool proof plan to win Logan's heart for good. She just hoped Donella didn't turn out to be homophobic.
End Notes:
Please review!
Chapter 3 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
More Rogue Logan action to make up for the lack of it in the last Chapter. Hope you enjoy.
Beep beep beep beep *Crash*
Logan glared bleary eyed at the alarm clock next to the bed now laying in many small pieced where he'd smashed it with his fist to silence it. Five am was too damned early to be conscious but damned if he was going to be stuck running Danger Room sims with Donella. She was killing him and given his mutation it was a feat.

He pulled on a pair of sweats and a battered old sweatshirt Rogue had given him then after two years of wearing it ragged had given him grief over and banished to the exercise hamper. He glared at the mirror as he passed it and slouched down to the Danger Room. He booted up his usual wake-up routine and started in. About halfway through he shed the sweatshirt and kept going. He heard the doors slide open and groaned inwardly, When was Donella going to get the hint that he preferred his first workout of the day by himself.
His nose informed him sarcastically that it was not Donella who usually smelled of mountain stream water and ozone but Rogue who teased his senses with Vanilla and the soft tang of something vaguely citrus.

"Hey Kid." He greeted her knocking a robot to the ground then grinding the metal components into so much scrap.

"Hey suga." She replied sounding not quite fully awake.

He turned to look at her his claws slicing a bot neatly into chunks. His breath caught in his chest at the sight of her. She was wearing a skin tight green and black catsuit her hair pulled into a ponytail that threatened to escape the over extended elastic at any moment. She looked sexy as hell but the look she gave him was all innocence. "Mind if Ah practice with ya?" She asked.

He grunted to cover up the fact that he couldn't seem to find words in the tangled mess she was making of his already fried brain. She grinned. "Thanks suga." She launched herself bodily at a foe and reduced the bot to scrap metal easily.

The practiced like that in near silence for almost an hour before Scott rapped on the glass of the observation booth to remind them that other people wanted to use the Danger Room. As they were walking to the locker rooms Logan reflected on just what kinds of changed Rogue had undergone while he was gone. In six months she'd gone from late teen gawkiness to full buxom womanhood. She also seemed to have gained some confidence somewhere and it looked good on her. "Thanks for the practice suga. It was nice hangin' out with ya. We neva seem to get any quality time togetha any more."

Logan grunted again. "We'll have to make a date or something kid." He replied reminding himself why he was leaving her alone and not doing what his latest fantasies were insisting he do. In his mind there were two distinct reasons not to get involved with Rogue. A: She was still a kid and God only knew how old he was, didn't seem right to saddle such a sweet young woman like her with a grumpy old cuss like himself and B: She was too good for a grumpy old cuss like himself. He blatantly refused to acknowledge the little voice in his heart that reminded him that when he was around her he didn't feel like such a grumpy old cuss.

"Yeah. We could go for a drink and some pool." She replied. "Maybe bring Donella along with us. Ah'd kinda like to get to know her betta ya know suga?"

Logan glanced at her sharply. "Get to know her? Why, far as I know she ain't planning on staying too long. She never does."

Rogue gave him a sweet smile that had an edge to it he'd never seen before. "Been following her Ah take it? Never thought there'd have been a woman left you behind."

"I have not been following her." He replied with some dignity. "We just always seem to be traveling the same way." He left out the part where it was Donella dragging him from one place to the other though he was damned if he knew why.

Rogue laughed. "Sure suga. I'd like to get to know her anyway. I like her. She shakes things up a bit and sometimes this place needs some shakin' up."

"So get Avalanche to drop by." Logan replied sourly. "She ain't the kinda gal you want to get too close to."

Rogue stopped just outside the woman's locker room. "Ya know they said the same about you and Ah didn't listen then so why would Ah listen now? Besides I said Ah like her and I meant Ah Like her, she's a cutey." She opened the locker rooms door and breezed in leaving Logan gaping at her in the hallway as the door closed behind her.

The only words running through his confused mind were; 'She Likes Donella? Well shit that ain't good.'
End Notes:
And by Like I mean attracted sexually. Hopefully I wasn't too subtle about it. Hard to gauge sometimes. Please Review!!
Chapter 4 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
The plot thickens. And so does the smut.
Rogue found Donella sprawled in one of the huge library chairs with a thick book. When she approached Donella looked up at her and Rogue saw cunning gleam in those huge azure eyes. They regarded each other for a few moments before Donella spoke. "Logan wants me to stay away from you."

"Logan wants a lot of things." Rogue replied.

Donella closed the book and set it on a side table. "Got that right, so what is it you want?"

Rogue thought about it for a moment trying to gauge whether Donella would help her willingly or if she would have to try tricking the cunning blond. "Ah want Logan." She replied simply deciding to be straight forward.

Donella smiled slowly and Rogue could see why she had almost every single man and a few of the women sniffing after her, even though she'd only been at the mansion a few days. "The truth. What a delicious change. And let me guess, you want me to help you get him because he treats you like a kid even though you're what, twenty? Twenty-one?"

"Twenty. Ah'll be twenty-one in six months." Rogue supplied. "And Ah would appreciate the help. Ah've got an idea on how to make him mine but Ah need some help."

Donella stood languidly and moved towards Rogue. Once she was within two or three inches she stopped and smirked at the slightly taller Rogue. "I think I know what you're thinking and it'll work. He's the type. But I'm not the pretending type. We do this, we do it for real. At least until Logan is all yours."

Rogue nodded feeling a small flutter of nerves in her stomach. "Alright." She murmured.

Donella grinned and pulled a tube of lip balm out of her pocket. She applied a thick coat to her lips and offered it to Rogue. Rogue did the same then Donella planted her hands on Rogues hips and leaned up kissing Rogue. The lip balm coated their lips long enough for a decent kiss then Donella felt the draw of Rogues powers and pulled back. "It's a start." She said.

She sat in the huge chair and pulled Rogue down with her. "Now, outline this plan for me."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That woman you brought with you is going to get herself hurt." Jean said across the table from Logan at breakfast.

"Why's that?" Logan asked poking moodily at his eggs.

"She's a slut! She's been making passes at everything on two legs, including Scott and I. She offered to have a threesome with us!" Jean was indignant.

Logan smirked at the thought of Donella in all her kinky glory spicing up Scooter and Reds sex life. "Shoulda taken her up on it. Scooter might learn something."

Jean glared at him. "That's not the point Logan. Can't you do something about her?"

Logan gave her a pointed look. "I am. But there ain't a man or woman alive who can satisfy Donella. She burns through lovers like I burn through cigars and beer."

Jean snorted exasperatedly. "Just tell her to leave the married couples alone then."

Logan smelt ozone and vanilla and looked towards the door. Donella came sauntering in with an arm slung around Rogues waist. "Looks like you can tell her yourself." He said nodding over to them.

Jean was taking a sip of coffee when she saw the pair. She sprayed the mouthful of brown liquid all over her plate and the paper she'd been trying to read in shock. "What the hell? Rogue and Donella? What does Donella have? A death wish?"

"A creative mind." Donella answered sliding into the seat next to Logan with Rogue on her other side. "There are ways around any mutation even if control is iffy. You just have to want it bad enough to think of it." She spread lip balm on her lips and kissed Rogue her hands wandering over Rogues curves for a moment before they pulled apart.

Rogue for her part seemed to be enjoying the whole thing, her hands wandering as well. Logan felt something hot and heavy settle into the pit of his stomach and he decided he needed a beer. He got up and grabbed his plate but stopped when Donella grabbed his arm. "See ya later?" She asked.

He grunted and pulled away stalking towards the kitchen. Donella turned towards the basket of muffins on the table and plucked one out. "So you two aren't monogamous?" Jean asked with some curiosity.

Donella and Rogue laughed. "Not hardly." Donella replied. "I'm not the monogamous type."

"That's hardly fair to Rogue!" Jean exclaimed.

"Ah knew it wasn't gonna be just me and her when Ah hooked up with her." Rogue interjected easily. "Ah'm ok with it."

Jean muttered something under her breath and got up. Donella and Rogue watched her leave. "I probably shouldn't have offered to have a three way with her and Scott." Donella commented.

Rogue laughed.
End Notes:
Please Review!!
Chapter 5 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Stoking the smut fires here. I am an evil evil woman but its so much fun!
Logan was about ready to jump on his bike and make for Canada. Two weeks of watching Rogue and Donella together was going to drive him completely mad. It had been mildly irritating when Donella had come to him lightly scented with others scents but it was maddening to have her come to him smelling of Rogue. He growled at the ground chomping on his cigar as the hot angry coal in the pit of his stomach flared with jealousy. He did not like how happy Rogue seemed with Donella or how content Donella seemed with her bevy of lovers. He decided it was time to go pick a fight somewhere far from the mansion and stomped back towards the mansion only to cut himself short near the pool house. He could smell Rogue and Donella which was nothing unusual but he could also smell arousal thick on the air and some of the noises he was hearing had him curious.

Truth be told he'd been curious about how they managed from the beginning. He'd come up with more than a few ways to enjoy Rogue without her skin hindering them and if he was being honest with himself he was curious to see what Donella had come up with. He crept to the pool house window to peer in. He told himself he would see once and for all then leave. As he got closer he smelt something chemical in the air. Lightly scented with a less irritating scent. As he peered in he saw Donella applying something liquid to Rogues bare skin with a small brush.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donella tapped Rogues bare leg with the brush handle and Rogue rolled over. She murmured appreciatively as the soft bristled brush stroked over her bare stomach and breasts smoothing the skin colored liquid latex over her skin in a thin layer. She licked her lips and felt the slight tug of the lip latex. Donella was almost finished applying the latex and once she was done she moved to Rogues side leaning down to kiss her. Rogue kissed her back privately admitting that the last few weeks had been amazing. Better than she had thought once she realized that being with a woman was just as satisfying as being with a man would be. The timer went off and Donella checked the latex to make sure it was completely dried. "Safe." She pronounced.

Rogue sat up and lifted Donella's shirt. Donella shucked her clothing and joined Rogue on the thick pallet they had made. The latex felt odd, a slight tackiness against bare skin but worth it. Donella silently reflected that Rogue came the closest to satisfying her unending sexual appetite. Logan's incredible stamina and the variety of her other lovers made up the difference. All in all Donella was quite happy to stay at the mansion so long as her needs were being met. She stroked Rogues 'skin' paying close attention to her curves as she kissed Rogue through a thin piece of latex. It was almost as good as tongue to tongue and still satisfying. Rogue kissed her back her hands wandering as she and Donella stroked, rubbed and teased each other until both were trembling with need.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logan wrenched himself away from the pool house window when the girls started twining around one another, the front of his pants painfully tight and the coal in his stomach flaring bitterly. He stomped up to the mansion and down into the Danger Room to relive some pent up frustration before he did something he would regret.

He was still there two hours later when he heard the doors open and smelt... nothing. He turned to see who was there and saw Rogue wearing her green and black catsuit. "Hey suga." She greeted and winced when he took out a simulation of Sabertooth with more vicious force than strictly necessary.

He grunted in reply and she moved in to help him. He could see the slight stiffness on the surface of her skin indicating that she was still wearing the latex layer. 'Just take her already.' The Wolverine snarled at him. 'She's ours and you know it. Shoula taken her before Donella could.'

Logan struggled to ignore the demands of his more feral nature but he was quickly losing the battle. He took out Toad sharply then turned to leave. Rogue followed him her hand grabbing his elbow. "You ok suga? You haven't said word one to me since I got here?"

That was his breaking point. He grabbed her by the upper arms and pinned her forcefully to the wall of a crumbling building. He shoved a powerful thigh between her legs and held her still while he leaned in close. "You two have been teasing me for two weeks." He growled.

Rogues eyes widened but he saw her pupils dilate and he could smell her arousal. "What makes you think that suga?" She asked breathlessly.

He ran his tongue along the side of her neck his taste-buds catching slightly on the latex. "The two of ya are always near where I am working each other up. She comes to bed smelling like you on purpose and I've seen the way you to watch me when you think I'm not looking girl so don't try to bullshit me." As he spoke his lips brushed her ear making her shiver.

His hands started to travel along her sides up along the swell of her breasts. "So what're ya gonna do about it suga?" She murmured breathlessly.

He unzipped her cat suit to her navel and murmured appreciatively when he encountered no bra. He slipped a callused hand inside to cup her breast his finger teasing her nipple. She moaned and he ran kisses along he neck. He ground his thigh against her crotch and smiled wickedly when he smelt her arousal spike. He teased and fondled and kissed until he had her on the very edge then he stopped, zipped her back up and let her go. "Turn about is fair play darlin." He said sauntering off leaving Rogue frustrated on the brink of orgasm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Time for phase two." Donella murmured in Rogues ear when Rogue finished telling her what had happened.

Donella was slowly stroking Rogues clit keeping her aroused and frustrated, all according to Donella's plan of course. They were finally at the end of the game and Donella planned to win and win big. If all worked according to her game plan Rogue would have Logan and Donella would get the threesome she'd been dreaming of since she'd seen Logan and Rogue together the day she'd arrived at the mansion.
End Notes:
Please Review!
Chapter 6 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Not quite ready to write the explosive finale to this story so here's a little filler. Enjoy!
Rogue crept out of the mansion just before dawn and scurried to the garage with a set of car keys. She didn't relax until she was driving off the grounds and into town. The last three days had been a study in hedonistic torture and she was so pent up and sexually frustrated she could barely breath. Donella had brought her to the brink then left her hanging more times than she could count and Logan, with all his smoldering glances, his lascivious commentary and worse yet his wicked hands, had nearly sent her over the edge. But not quite.

She needed to get away from both of them for a bit. She changed direction and drove to a nearby lake and decided that a frigid lake swim would do her some good. She changed into the swim suit she always kept in the car and plunged into the icy waters gasping as she came up. The cold felt amazing against her over heated skin and she paddled around for a bit until her teeth started to chatter. She got out and changed out of her wet swim suit and leaned against the hood of the car letting the rising sun warm her. She felt more relaxed, less pent up, than she had in days. Her mind wandered to her plan and she was mildly annoyed to realize how far she and Donella had deviated from it.

Donella was supposed to help make Rogue unattainable. After all, Logan always seemed to want what he couldn't have if Jean was any indication. Therefore make it apparent to him that he couldn't have her and he would want her all the more. Donella, it seemed, had taken Rogues plan and entwined it with her own. Though what plan that was Rogue had no idea. She decided that it was time to reinstate her own goal of getting Logan. Now she just had to figure out how to accomplish that with Donella and Logan both getting her worked up to the point of mindless frustration.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you seen Rogue?" Donella asked slipping up next to Logan in the garden while he smoked one of his cigars.

He scowled. "Nope, thought she was with you."

"I haven't seen her all morning. Hope the girl hasn't gone running." Donella settled onto the bench next to Logan. He scowled at her.

"Why do you need to be right here?" He growled.

She shrugged. "Because I hate being alone." She replied.

"And I like being alone. For chrissake Donella I don't need you up my ass every second yer not with Rogue or one of the other lovers." Logan snapped.

Donella raised an eyebrow. "You're in a mood."

He huffed and glared out at the garden. Truth be told he was getting heartily sick of Donella and the Mansion. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been by himself without someone intruding on his space. He was also getting heartily sick of watching Donella with Rogue. The burning coal in the pit of his stomach was reaching meteoroid proportions and if he didn't find a way to quench it soon he was going to snap. He noticed Donella was leaned back staring at the ground pensively and he groaned inwardly. Donella was at her most dangerous when she was thinking seriously. He knew she seemed like an air head with sex on the brain but the woman was cunning as a snake and dangerous when she was absolutely focused.

"Are you gonna lay claim to her any time this decade." She finally asked.

He froze for a moment then turned to look at her. She was looking back at him with a serious expression. Her big blue eyes solemn. He sighed. "I ain't claiming her. She's not baggage Donella."

Donella pursed her lips in annoyance. "Look Logan. She's yours. She wants you so bad it hurts and damn it if you don't do something about it I'm going to claim her."

Logan stared at her, she was being completely serious. "What?"

"You're not deaf or stupid Logan. She's wonderful. To be honest I haven't been with anyone else but you and her in the last week. Hell I might not even need you if this keeps up. But I'm not stupid. She'll hold out for you till the day she dies." She sighed and scuffed the dirt moodily. "Why don't you want her anyway?"

He chewed on his cigar thoughtfully for a moment. "Cause she deserves someone who isn't such a grumpy old cuss." He replied.

Donella suddenly laughed. It was a rich happy sound that made him smile as well. He realized with a bit of a shock that this was the first time he'd heard Donella laugh. And he'd spent the last three months with her. She'd chuckled a time or two but never laughed. "Logan. She loves you because you're a grumpy cuss. She loves everything about you."

He leaned back a little and watched her. Up to this point he'd always considered Donella to be a happy little nympho with a penchant for game playing. It hadn't occurred to him that she was not as happy as she seemed. Donella stood and kissed him on the top of the head. "Look just think about it ok? She really loves you."

He watched her walk away and thought about their conversation. He finished the cigar and stood decisively. He heard a car pull up to the garage and looking over he saw Rogue step out into the sun. She looked radiant and the smile she flashed him was a truly happy one. She waved at him then went into the mansion. He smiled as he watched her go his mind made up.
End Notes:
Please Review!!
Chapter 7 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Last Chapter with a surprise ending! Hope you've enjoyed it. Sorry it's not as smutty as some of the other stuff I've seen here but I'm not much good at writing smut.
Logan gave a satisfied grin. Everything was set up the way he wanted it. He surveyed the bedroom. Satin sheets on the bed, cooler full of water bottles and beer, something light to snack on, candles scattered around the room for low lighting and quiet music. He made sure the drapes were pulled and was once again grateful that the Professor had soundproofed his room. Someone knocked on the door and he hurriedly opened it. Donella had a blindfolded Rogue and was grinning at him. He'd had to tell her what he was planning since she'd caught him stealing the pillar candles out of Scott and Jeans bedroom.

He motioned them inside and Donella lead Rogue through the door. She was wearing a silk bathrobe and Logan could smell the faint scent of fresh latex. He stood aside as Donella helped Rogue sit down on the bed. She kissed Rogue sweetly then headed for the door. Logan snagged her arm as she went by and gave her a questioning look. She shook her head and mouthed, 'Next time'.

She slipped out the door and left them alone. "Donella, when can Ah take the blind fold off?" Rogue asked.

He slipped it off and she blinked for a second. "Logan? Whats going on?"

"Something that shoulda happened a long time ago darlin'." He murmured and kissed her. He stopped for a second and grabbed the thin piece of latex off the side table then went back to kissing Rogue.

He lowered her to the mattress without breaking the kiss his free hand untying the belt of her robe. Rogue moaned and squirmed when his hand started stroking her skin. He broke the kiss to nibble at her neck and her back arched. She managed to push him up a little and gave him a curious look. "What changed?" She asked breathlessly.

"My way of thinking. Someone opened my eyes so I could see what was right in front of me." He replied his fingers sweeping along the underside of her breast and she shivered.

She snatched the latex and leaned up to kiss him hard. Their tongues dueling back and forth while their hands roamed each others flesh. Logan was already shirtless but Rogue was completely naked under the robe. She started grappling with his jeans and he broke away long enough to strip out of them then he was back on the bed beside her teasing her flesh and kissing the sense out of her. She slung a leg up over his hips and he could feel her hot and wet against his thigh. He grabbed a condom and slid it on deftly. He'd wanted to take his time with her but he could sense they were both too far gone for that.

He rolled her over onto her back and braced himself on his elbows above her. She looked up at him with eyes alight with passion and a deeper emotion that he was finally willing to acknowledge as love. She reached up and cupped his face and he kissed her palm as he slid into her. Her moan filled his ears and his blood sang with the sound.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donella hovered in the air just inside the door invisible to the lovers. When they finally joined she smiled in satisfaction and slipped out under the door. She became solid again and strode down the halls ignoring the pang in her heart. She went to the library and sat next to the fireplace. It was cold with no fire due to the summer heat but she could imagine what it must look like in winter. She pulled a locket with a broken chain out of her pocket and opened it. An angular face with smoldering green eyes and a wicked smile stared up at her, the space beside it empty. She stared at the picture in the locket for what seemed like hours when she became aware of a presence next to her. She looked up at the professor.

"He was a prankster." She said handing him the locket. "Always smiling, always happy, even when the cancer started eating him alive."

Xavier regarded the photo for a moment then handed the locket back. She closed it and put it back in her pocket. "You're husband." He stated simply.

"More than that, he was my savior, my soul mate." She chuckled lightly. "He once sat up for three days in a row to help me give up heroine. And when it was out of my system he took me to Paris to celebrate."

Xavier watched the young woman before him and was quietly amazed that she was as whole as she seemed for someone who had gone through such tragedy. She sniffed and wiped her eyes. "No tears." She muttered and smiled at him, it was a wane imitation of her usual brilliant smile but it lifted his heart.

"They're finally together." She said pointing up at the ceiling indicating Logan and Rogue. "Took them long enough. I mean really, I could see it as soon as we showed up. Everyone saw it but them."

"That is usually the way it happens. They were too close to the situation and needed a nudge." Xavier replied.

She nodded. "They'll be fine now."

"And you?"

"I'm always fine. It's my thing." She replied with her usual cheer.She leaned over and kissed Xavier on the cheek. "You're sweet to worry for me. Its nice to know someone does worry for me."

Xavier turned his head and captured her mouth with his. They kissed slowly for a few moments then he released her. "I do more than worry for you." He replied.

She smiled and he watched a little more life seep into her blue eyes. He privately reflected that when he had become her lover he had not expected her to forsake her other lovers. She had told him during their first encounter of her intention to bring Logan and Rogue together and what it would entail and he had been more than happy to watch her work but it had surprised him when she gave up her other lovers and had even fibbed to Logan and Rogue about their being the only two she was with. She had given him the anonymity he desired while she worked her plan and now that the plan had come to fruition he knew it was time to be honest about their relationship. Not that claiming Donella would be such a hardship.
End Notes:
Please Review!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3652