Temptation by Ransom99
Summary: Rogue and Logan have to go on a mission alone. Bobby is not too thrilled, leading him to do something drastic, but Rogue meets someone who could change everything.
Categories: X-Men Evolution Characters: None
Genres: Adult
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 11984 Read: 119502 Published: 01/29/2010 Updated: 02/07/2010
Story Notes:
A special thanks to my Gambit and my Wolverine. Love you guys.

1. The Hospital by Ransom99

2. Cold Hearted Crush by Ransom99

3. Confession by Ransom99

4. Introductions by Ransom99

5. Shut Up by Ransom99

6. Long Trip by Ransom99

7. Sudden Landing by Ransom99

8. Get What You Came For by Ransom99

9. Waking Up by Ransom99

10. Let Me Go by Ransom99

11. Love Drunk by Ransom99

12. Show Me by Ransom99

13. The kidnapping by Ransom99

14. Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely by Ransom99

15. Get Out of Here by Ransom99

16. Don't Cry by Ransom99

17. What Comes From Isolation by Ransom99

18. Epilogue by Ransom99

The Hospital by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Dammit I hate bobby. For this chapter listen to "Think Twice" by Eve 6 if you feel like you need some backround music.
Logan slammed the phone down, nearly shattering the hard plastic to pieces. He knew damn well that he was in no condition to go out, it was three AM. His hair was spiked on end and he had only just pulled his jeans off the ground and back onto him. His ragged white wife beater hugged against his hard chest, and he was just doing up his faded red plaid shirt when he glanced in the mirror.

He had already told Xavier she wasn’t ready to be out on her own yet. That stupid, ignorant, bald bastard. No one knew her better than him. He told him. He was always more than willing to be out there with her. He’d never forget what the professor had said.

“I know it would be best for her, Logan.” He had told him. “But it’s not what is best for you.” He had started to leave when he had called over his shoulder. “I think you should take the time to assess what your intentions are with Rogue.”

His teeth clenched angrily. He knew she was just a student. That didn’t stop the hunger inside of him. “Jackass.” He muttered under his breath as he grabbed his keys and his leather jacket. It would have been easier for him to ignore his feelings for her if the professor hadn’t made it clear that it was obvious to everyone except for her.

When he pulled up in front of the hospital he knew that there would be trouble waiting for him inside. He really didn’t care if they wouldn’t let him see her. They could try to stop him.

“I’m sorry sir, I need you to sign in.” The nurse had said. He just nodded and wrote down his name. “Are you a family member or a friend?”
The tendons in his jaw tightened. “I’m her...” Goddammit, he hated this so much. But if it was the only way he could see her so be it. “I’m her father.”
“Oh.” She said. “Right this way then.”
He already knew that was more believable than boyfriend. Past experience had taught him that much. It annoyed him that he had to visit her in the hospital now.

He walked into her room, which was filled with cards and balloons. He glanced at the vase of roses on the table beside her. Her eyes were closed, so he decided to check who they were from.
“Get well soon Babe. Love you lots. Bobby.”
He took a deep breath and turned to her for the first time. Her left elbow was wrapped in gauze and her right shoulder had a form of bandaging covering it, along with her right wrist and ankle. Pain shot through him. They’d done a number on her alright. When he found out who had done this they were going to wish they’d never been born.

He leaned over and brushed the white streak of hair out of her eyes, only to see a bruise blossoming along her left cheek. He let out an angry breath and walked over and sat down on the nearby chair. He had only just closed his eyes.

“Go home Logan.” The voice commanded.
He peeked one eye open to see the ice douche bag standing at the doorway holding a bottle of water. He sighed. “Nah, I’m pretty comfortable.” He stretched his legs out in front of him and crossed them. Clearly Bobby had been there before him, but Logan had no intention of leaving till she woke.
“I don’t like you hanging around her.” Bobby muttered walking forward.
“I don’t like you hanging around the cat when you should be with Rogue but we don’t always get what we want.” He answered, tipping his head back and closing his eyes.
“There’s nothing between me and Kitty.” He hissed.
“Ah, see that’s the difference between you and me Ice. I’m not gonna lie.” He smiled slightly.
For the first time Bobby raised his voice. “Fuck off Logan, go find a girl you won’t get a statutory rape charge with.”
Logan’s eyes flashed open and he was standing in a second. “Can’t you keep your mouth shut just for a while kid? Can’t think of anyone but your own useless pride? If you want to talk then let’s go outside. I’m more than willing. But don’t cower behind the many witnesses we got around us.”

He glared at him. “You need to get the fuck out of here Logan. Stay away from my girl.”
Logan took a deep breath, his fists clenching. “I swear Bobby if someone isn’t here when she wakes up, you better hope you have somewhere to hide.”

With that he began to walk out, pulling a cigar out of his pocket and lighting it in the hospital lobby.
“Sir you can’t smoke that in here.” A nurse said hesitantly.

He ignored her and continued on his way out of the hospital. He had just gotten out the door when he took a deep breath of the crisp early morning air.

“Who told you she was in the hospital?” He heard the professor say as he approached.
Logan’s harsh gaze flickered downward, not wanting to admit he had a spy. He sighed knowing he couldn’t hide it. “Kitty.” He answered.

He had chosen her for two reasons. For one, he knew that she had the hots for Bobby and would do anything to have those two split up, including have Logan come between them. For two, she was afraid of him.

“Rogue is to go to the northern mountains. There is a mutant out there who has been taken a hold of by Magneto. The only time they’ll be alone will be in nine days.” Xavier murmured.

“Why does she have to go...” he muttered. “She won’t even be healed enough to be ready by then.”
The professor nodded. “The reason I selected Rogue was because she is the only one who can use another mutant’s power against them should things turn bad. This means that no one will ever be stronger than her. She’ll always have the upper hand. And she’ll have you.”

“I’m going with her now?” Logan demanded angrily.
“Unless you’d prefer her to go with Scott and Jean,” Xavier offered.

His jaw clenched. “Fine. But she still won’t be healed enough to be of any use in nine days.” He muttered.
The professor raised one eyebrow.

Logan glared at him. “Fine, she can have my healing ability for a bit but if ‘Icedick tries to freeze me I’ll chop off a limb below the belt that he doesn’t need.”
End Notes:
Hope you like the beginning so far. Comment please.
Cold Hearted Crush by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
God DAMMIT I hate Bobby.

Song is "Will you Marry Me" by John Berry
Rogue threw another sweater into her small duffle bag. It wasn’t going to be a long trip but she packed three days worth of clothing. She grabbed a book and put it in too just in case. Logan didn’t like to talk. It would be a long flight out there.

There was a knock at her door.
“Yeah? Come in.” She called going to her bathroom to grab her toothbrush.

She came back to find Bobby closing the door behind him. “Hey,” she smiled warmly. He was holding a box. She looked at it oddly.
“I got it for you for your trip.” He smiled back at her and set it on the bed. “Go on, open it.”

Rogue bit her lip. She knew that he was nervous about her going up north with Logan alone but he had been really good about it. Barely mentioned it once.

She lifted the lid off and looked inside. She laughed as soon as she saw it. “Madlibs. That’s fantastic. Thank you!” She went to hug him.

He backed up rolling his eyes. “Look underneath them Rogue.”

She mashed her lips together sheepishly. “Right.” She murmured grabbing the book and looking underneath. There was a velvet box.

Her pulse was quickening. Oh god. She knew they had discussed it for after they graduated but it had already been two years since graduation and they hadn’t even though about...

Timidly, she reached forward and held the box in the palm of her hand. She closed her eyes and opened it.

Nestled right there in the velvet fabric was a shimmering diamond with gold around it. She gasped and nearly dropped it as her other hand reached to cover her mouth.
For the first time she looked over at him to see him down on one knee.

“I was thinking...” he began “That you and I have been really good lately, and I know that you want to go to school and become a teacher here at the mansion and I want to stay close to home too, but only if I can be with you here.”
Her eyes widened. She couldn’t believe this was happening.

“So, Anna Marie. Will you marry me?”

“Yes!” she choked out in little more than a squeal.

He leapt to his and automatically pulled her into his arms. “I love you.” He whispered into her ear.
End Notes:
Tell me what you think!
Confession by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
The song is by the Pogues. "Love you till the end."
Rogue pulled her gloves on before she left the room, not wanting to deal with any questions when she was about to go on a mission. Everyone needed to be focused, especially her. She’d tell everyone when she got back.

Logan was waiting leaning against the wheel of the X-jet with one bag. He packed light, as always. She on the other hand had four bags. Everything was sorted into her bathroom bag with towels and lotions, her entertainment bag, with books and her madlibs, her weapons bag and her necessities bag with clothing and all that.

She had just heard her phone ringing when she tried to reach it, juggling all four bags and inevitably, one dropped in front of her foot and she flew head over heels onto the ground.

Rogue let out an angry cry and closed her eyes, letting her head lean against the floor. “You okay there clumsy?” He laughed.

She opened her eyes to see him leaning over her, upside down in her perspective.

Something pounded her heart hard against her chest when she saw him so close to her. She closed her eyes again. What was she thinking? She had a fiancé now! She was simply getting weird feelings. It’s normal. This is how it feels to be engaged. Every man is now off limits. That’s why Logan suddenly seemed more attractive.

She wasn’t sure if she was only trying to convince herself this.

He held out a hand to help her up and he grabbed three of her bags without any trouble. She felt useless again and sighed as she grabbed the other bag and quickly followed him onto the jet.

“I hope you got something interesting to talk about.” Logan muttered as he turned it on.

She couldn’t help but laugh. “You could say that.”

***Three Hours Later***

“So wait, you’re saying that Scott and Jean don’t ever... y’know...”

“Fuck?” he filled in for her. “Nah. Never. I would know. I’m only one room over, not that I need them that close to hear what’s going on in the majority of the mansion’s rooms.”

“Wow.” She murmured. “So they are like an old married couple.”

“Marriage does that to people.” He said nonchalantly putting the jet on autopilot.

“What do you mean?” she asked, trying not to sound too curious.

“I mean after you get married... there’s not much to look forward do. You’re married and that’s it. Most guys get tangled in because they want to do the girl in the first place. Nowadays? Everyone bangs anyways.”

“Oh please.” She muttered angrily. “There’s tons to look forward to.”

“Name one thing.” He challenged.

“Like every morning you’ll wake up and see that person.” She smiled to herself “And know that no matter what, they’ll be there for you. When you love someone... you just want to spend the rest of your life with them. You’re telling me you’ve never been with someone that you wouldn’t mind spending forever with?”

Logan stared into her eyes for a long time. “Never.” He muttered.

“Well then you’re really missing out.” She sighed.

They were silent a while, staring out the window at the passing clouds. “So how long do you plan on hiding that rock from me Marie?” He murmured slowly.

She bit her lip. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

He snorted. “I think you do.” When she didn’t answer he rolled his eyes and stood up and threw her over his shoulder, then pinning her onto the ground. All the while laughing she tried to fight him off, smacking him slightly and pulling his hair.
He locked both her wrists to her sides and gently pulled off one of her leather gloves to reveal the ring.
“That’s what I thought.” He murmured slowly.

“Logan I—I” she began

“You don’t owe me an explanation.” He murmured rolling onto his side, beside her.

“Yes I do.” She said quietly. “I—I think I do because for so long I believed that you had some form of feelings for me. It’s ridiculous I know... but I thought it was true. After all this time though? After being with Bobby and hoping you’d speak up... I know now that that dream was never gonna happen.”

She glanced over at him when he didn’t reply. He was just staring at the ceiling.

“You have got to be kidding me.” He murmured after what seemed like an eternity.

“What?” she said surprised.

He took a deep breath. “I had convinced myself not to intervene because I thought you were with him because that was what you wanted. I would never get in the way of what you want because all that I want is for you to be happy.”

Rogue sat up and turned to him laying on the floor. She leaned over him and laid one hand on the side of his face. “I’d always be happy with you.” She whispered, and leaned in pressing her lips against his.
Introductions by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Song - This Love by Maroon Five
Logan leaned forward, pulling her closer against him as he kissed her. His hands were just lifting her shirt when she pulled away. “Now isn’t the time Logan.”

He sighed. “Harsh.” He muttered. “Like back at the mansion would be a better time. Or after you’re done being a blushing bride. I could live with a hot steamy affair every so often.”

Marie giggled slightly taking his hand and pulling him up to the driver’s seat again. “Come on. We’re close to where we have to be anyways. See? We should start descending.”

“Okay miss pushy.” He muttered frustrated.

“Seatbelt.” She called over to him but his eyes were focused dead ahead.

“Just shut up for the next ten minutes Rogue.” He muttered.

She knew to keep her mouth shut when he used that tone of voice. Below though, she looked down to see where they were headed. In the middle of the mountains and the forest there was a log cabin, smoke was coming out of it but there was no sign of a nearby car. They slowly lowered onto the ground, the wind disturbing the trees around them.

As they walked off the Jet she saw him at the entrance of the cabin, his bare arms folded across his chest, leaning against the doorframe casually with far too much self confidence.

“I’ll go first.” Logan muttered to her holding out a hand to keep her back.

She rolled her eyes and continued forward.

“Well, well, well.” The man drawled with a slight chuckle in his voice. “If It’d had known I’d be getting company, Remy would have bought some Doritos.”

Rogue tried to remember the name that the professor had given her but nothing came to mind. She sighed annoyed she couldn’t remember.

“Hi, my name’s Rogue. Can we talk?” she said trying to sound calm and friendly.

He raised one eyebrow with a smile. “You’ll have to ask your body guard. Wow you look pissed Mr. Testosterone.”

“Logan, take it down a notch for just a minute?” Rogue hissed. “What’s your name?” she called.

He snickered. “Gambit,” His gaze flickered back to Logan. “Geez, what’s wrong with you? Didn’t get to join the mile high club?”

“So you’re telepathic?” Logan growled.

"Gambit just guessed big boy." He couldn’t restrain his laughter as he pulled a deck of cards out of his pocket and flipped through till he found the ace. “No, my ability is far more... energetic.”

The card in his hand began to glow faintly of red around the outside and with a quick flick of his wrist the card went flying into the air and exploded like a mini-bomb.

Rogue smiled. “That’s cool.” She said it quiet enough that only Logan could hear her.

He wandered over to her and folded his arms across his chest. “Don’t get too excited kid. I don’t trust him.”
“You don’t trust anyone.” She muttered walking forward to Gambit who smiled flirtatiously at her.
“I trust you. So you better make the right decision here.” He hissed.

Gambit raised an eyebrow. “So why am I privileged with your presence on this fine day Miss. Rogue?”
She shrugged. “A business proposition.”
“Well you’ve sparked a curiosity in me, but can your friend wait outside while we discuss this?”
She glanced back at Wolverine. He wasn’t exactly rolling out the welcome wagon. “You reckon I should trust you?”

Gambit snorted. “I won’t hurt you if that’s what you mean.”
Rogue rolled her eyes as she walked into his cabin. “Sugar, you wouldn’t get the chance.”
Shut Up by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Song is Taking Chances By Celine Dion.
“What you’re saying is that there is a way to cope with the humans rather than kill them all?” Gambit muttered raising a sceptical eyebrow.

Rogue’s eyes narrowed. “I suppose so. You just have to understand that it’s as new to us as it is to them... if we can’t be rational about what is happening then how can we expect them to be?”

He shrugged. “You drive a good point kid. Sorry how old are you?” he asked innocently.
She pursed her lips. “I’m twenty one.”

“And what you expect of me is to... come back to wherever the hell you and your giant steroid came from and hear the rest of the argument?” he continued.

Rogue nodded. “So will you come back with us?”
He shook his head smiling. “Baby if it means I can spend some more time with you then of course I will.”
She realized what he was getting at and gave him a look. “I’m engaged.” She pointed at her ring.
He laughed. “Engaged. Not married.”
She rolled her eyes. “Whatever, you coming or not?” she said getting up.
“Lead the way Mon Cheri.” He murmured under his breath.

Gambit sat down in one of the back seats and stretched his legs out in front of him on the chair that was there. Rogue and Logan sat up front, she could barely hear Logan muttering swears underneath his breath.

As they gained speed and got to a good altitude she heard Gambit. “Hey, you don’t got nothing to drink back here do yah?”

Wolverine had some satisfaction when he heard her teeth click together out of annoyance. She undid her seatbelt and walked back to show him the fridge they had.
She walked past him and opened it up leaning over, not realizing he was checking her out from behind. “It looks like your choices are orange juice, soda or milk.” She glanced back at him. “Anything look good?”

His gaze flickered to hers with a smile. “A lot looks good from back here.” He grinned but when she ignored the comment he continued. “But I’m curious. What’s your ability?”
She stood up straight and walked back, sitting down beside him. “You don’t want to know.”
He rolled his eyes. “No, I do.”
Rogue rolled her eyes. “Are you gonna shut up for the rest of the trip if I tell you?”

The corner of his lip twitched. “Nope. Very unlikely.”
She took a deep breath. “Fine.” She muttered. “I’ll just have to show you.” She leaned forward and to her surprise he didn’t budge, but there was a smile on his lips as she lifted his chin with one finger and pressed her lips against his.

It took him a moment to understand exactly what was happening to him. The energy flowed freely out of him, far easier than everyone else was. There was so much more than anyone else as well. But when she finally pulled away he flopped limply against his chair.

She wiped her mouth and walked up to sit beside Logan again.

“Was that really necessary?” he muttered.
She shrugged. “Sorry, I guess it was just me that didn’t want to listen to him talk for the entire trip. My apologies.
It was when he laughed that she knew she was on his good side again.
End Notes:
Please tell me what you think!
Long Trip by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Song is David Guetta feat. Akon - Sexy Bitch
They were only about an hour away from the mansion when they started to hear his mild groaning from the back of the jet.

“Holy shit Cheri.” He muttered slowly getting up and walking to the front and sinking into the other pilots chair next to her. “You’ve gone and done a number on me. What was that?”

She was glad to see Logan smiling again, even if it was about this. “You tell me.” She murmured pulling one of his cards out and delicately laying it between her fingertips. When it was glowing red Gambit shook his head. “This is cool by the way.” She added. “Is there a limit to the size of the object you can charge?”

He glared at her. “Now hold on—” he protested. “I think you should tell me a bit more ‘bout that ability there. You can steal other mutant’s powers?”

“Nah.” She sighed. “With mutants I duplicate their power and take their energy. Humans I just take strength and what not. But you won’t be at full strength for another couple hours Sugar. I’m surprised you’re even awake now.”

Gambit didn’t restrain his hostile glare. “You’re lucky you’re a girl or I’d charge yah half to hell.”

Logan and Rogue both spoke at the same time now. She never took it as a threat but he instantly became annoyed. “You can charge people?” she gasped. “That’s gotta be a sight. What happens?” and Logan said “Back off bub before I give you something real to complain about.”

Gambit shook his head, flexing his fingers and rubbing his forehead. “This the guy you’re engaged to?” he muttered annoyed.

Rogue bit her lip and Logan said nothing. Finally she sighed. “No.”

He laughed. “Is he back where we’re going?” When she nodded he smirked. “I can’t wait to meet him.”

She shook her head angrily. “You’re going to stay the hell away from him.”

Gambit grinned. “You sure he doesn’t want to hear about the fun we had? It may not have ended well but that just leaves more room for next time.”

“There isn’t gonna be a next time.” She hissed.

He laughed. “Whatever you say Cheri. But I know what I want.”

Her teeth clenched as she stared out the front window, looking at the passing clouds and mountains. “You shouldn’t even be awake yet.” She muttered.

He raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

“Because with everyone except Logan, they need at least four hours to regain that much energy.” She explained, her voice frustrated and annoyed.

He smiled, stretching his legs out in front of him onto the dashboard and resting his hands behind his head. “Take all the energy you want. I got a lot to spare.”
End Notes:
Tell me what you think! I wasn't sure about writing Gambit into the story but I've always wanted to so I figure I'd take a chance. :P
Sudden Landing by Ransom99
“I spy with my little eye.....” Gambit said slowly. “Something that is white.”

Rogue sighed, her gaze flickering over to him. “You know that’s supposed to be a two player game right?”

“Well okay you can play if you really want to.” He smiled.

She let out a long breath before a high pitched noise interrupted. “Logan do you hear that” He looked around at the jet. This didn’t make any sense. It sounded like the one in his old truck... but that meant...

“I hear it too kid.” He said under his breath. The sound was increasing.

“What on earth could a beeping noise mean?” She hissed.

“Engine trouble?” Gambit supplied.

“Shut up and go charge a battery.” Rogue hissed glancing around at the many buttons beside the steering wheel. She always knew she should have learned how to operate this damn thing.

Gambit shrugged and got up looking around. “Where’s the engine?”

She glanced back at him and heard Logan’s huff of frustration. “We’re out of gas Marie.”

She sighed. “Don’t touch anything.” She called, undoing her seatbelt and following him.

He held up his hands in surrender. “Look, I might be able to fix it.”

She finally reached him and realized exactly how much taller than her he was. She came up to just above his elbows. He looked down at her. “We’re out of gas. You can’t fix that.”

A card was in his hand in a flash. “Wanna bet?”

Her teeth clenched. “You reckon I should trust you?” she murmured under her breath.

He smiled. “I’m not gonna kill you, if that’s what you mean.”

She rolled her eyes, trying to restrain a smile. “Sugar, you’d never get the chance.” She couldn’t believe she just created an inside joke with him.

Rogue led the way into the back room and down a ladder. He wandered over to a couple things and finally found a large engine. He glanced over at her. “May I?”

“You better not kill us with this.” She hissed.
He rolled his eyes at her. “I’m not a suicide bomber.”
“Then okay.” She nodded.

He laid one hand on it and closed his eyes, trying to sense exactly what it needed. Slowly, she began to see the slight haze of red covering it but nowhere near enough to make it explode.

“We’d better land soon.” He murmured.
“What?” she feared.
He shook his head. “That’s only gonna give us another ten minutes. There’s something wrong down there and I haven’t the ability nor control to fix it myself.” He shrugged.

“Oh.” She nodded and began to walk towards the ladder. He grabbed her wrist.
“Wait, Marie was it?” he said quietly.
“Yes?” she breathed, her gaze flickered down to her bare hand in his. She knew what she could do. But for some reason she didn’t want to.

“I have a feeling we won’t have a chance to be alone again for a while.” He murmured under his breath. “But I think we should get the chance to get to know each other.”

Her eyes widened.
This is ridiculous she couldn’t possibly, actually do this... “My room number in the mansion is eighty one.” With that she pulled her wrist from his grasp and continued up the ladder.
End Notes:
Comment!
Get What You Came For by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Song is "Don't Trust Me" by 3Oh!3. I hope you like the Twist!
“Do you have any idea where we are?” Rogue muttered under her breath as she sat down against a tree. She was fiddling with her ring and it wasn’t lifting her mood.

Logan shrugged. He could easily figure out where they were but he didn’t care. Jean and Scott were on their way. This trip didn’t plot out the way he wanted it at all. And it was already over with this dip shit here.

“I’m gonna go look around.” She called over her shoulder. “I’ll be back in ten minutes.”
Logan was in the jet, looking around for some tools but couldn’t find anything. But he didn’t hear her.

As soon as Rogue was out of sight Gambit wandered over and sat down next to Logan. “So you’re into her huh?” he prodded.

Logan’s dark glare barely flickered in acknowledgement. “I don’t want to discuss this with you.”

Gambit nodded looking around. “Well, what’s this guy of hers like?”

“Look, all I want is for this trip to be over and you to be out of my hair.”

“Don’t you worry about her? Wandering into the woods like that?” He crossed his legs in front of her.

“What?” Logan demanded.
“Yeah. She said she’d be back in ten. Is that not okay?” He faked a look of mock horror.
He glared at him. “You stay here. I’ll go find her.”
Gambit laughed. “Yes. That’s exactly that our rescuers should find. Me alone and you two lost in the forest. I’ll go find her. She’ll be fine, she seems the type that can fend for herself for ten minutes.”
Logan growled. “Fine. Go.”

“Mon Cheri,” Gambit called through the forest. “Marie?” He looked around but all he saw were trees. “Rogue?”
“Gambit!” her voice called. “Gambit help me!”
He ran forward, looking around desperately to find her on the ground, unconscious. “Rogue!” he yelled. He kneeled over her before he saw movement in front of him.

He hadn’t seen anyone else in the forest. But from behind the tree stepped out... another Rogue.
“Mystique.” He hissed. “What are you doing here? And what did you do to her?”
“Oh calm down lover boy. She didn’t see me. A light bonk on the head and she was out.”

“What do you want,” he muttered.
“Magneto sent me to tell you to hurry up.” She drawled nonchalantly. “Xavier would know if we got any closer to the mansion, so I had to tell you now.”

Gambit’s eyes narrowed. “You sabotaged the jet.”
She shrugged. “Not my doing. We only did it when you were unresponsive. But non-the-less. Get what you came for and leave.”
He nodded and looked down at Rogue on the ground. “Is she going to be okay?”

Mystique shrugged. “Who cares? You shouldn’t.”
He reached down and began to pick her up. “I’ve got to get back. He’ll start looking for me soon.”
“Fine. Contact us as soon as you get it.”

And she disappeared behind the trees.

Laying limp in his arms, ghostly white was Rogue. He held her closer against him and began walking back, trying to focus on his objective.

As he made his way into the clearing where the jet was located he looked up to see a helicopter making its way downward. He sighed and went to Logan’s side.

Logan glanced at Rogue in his arms but decided against making a big deal. It would only make everyone else more nervous. It was only when the helicopter door opened to reveal Bobby running forward that his nerves jumped.
“Oh shit.” He muttered.

“That her fiancé?” Gambit inquired.
“Unfortunately.”
Waking Up by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Song is by The Fray. "You Found Me."
“Why Do I constantly wake up in the hospital?” Rogue muttered as she opened her eyes.

Bobby stood up immediately and kneeled by her side. “The doctors said it was a minor concussion. Do you remember what you were doing?”

Her eyebrows pulled together. “No... I...” she took a deep breath. “I was walking through the forest... and that’s all I remember.”

He nodded. “That Gambit sure is something.” He muttered under his breath.

“Oh you met him?” she asked rubbing her head.

His eyes narrowed. “He was the one carrying you out of the forest.” When she looked surprised he sighed. “I know. I thought it would have been Logan in a heartbeat. This new guy seems to like you.”

Marie shrugged. “He’s just doesn’t have anyone. He was staying out in that cabin all alone you know.” She stretched “He’d even like Kitty he was so lonely.”

Bobby’s teeth clenched and she was curious what that was in reaction to but a second later the professor was at the door.

“I see you’re doing well.” He said rolling forward.
“As good as ever. Can I leave yet?” she asked.
Xavier nodded. “You got back just in time for the Winter Formal tomorrow.”
Rogue groaned and turned to Bobby. “Do I have to go?”
He smiled. “Just for a while. I promised some people I’d be there.”

*** The Next Day ***

Rogue was rolling her gloves up her arms and halfway past her elbows when there was a knock at her door. Assuming it was Bobby she reached for another earring and called “Come in.” She had just put her other earring in when she murmured. “Could you zip me up?”

She felt it go to the top and when he finished she turned around.
“That’s a nice colour on you.” Gambit murmured.

She was wearing a dark blue dress that trailed on the ground behind her. It sparkled like stars in the night sky. Her gloves that went just a couple inches past her elbows were white and her hair was done up in a loose bun with a few strands hanging messily around her face.

“Gambit. I’m sorry... I thought you were someone else.” She said out of breath.
He shrugged. “That’s okay. I don’t mind.”
She realized then what he was wearing. A clean cut black suit, his hands tucked into his pockets and his bow tie was undone.

She was taken aback. “You clean up good.” She murmured.
He snorted. “You sound surprised.”
“No I just... Sorry.”
“Stop apologizing.” He smiled.

Rogue took a deep breath. “Listen, I’ve got to get going. I’m already late.”
“I’ll walk with you.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.” She whispered quietly as he followed her out the door.
He let out a laugh. “What? You’re fiancé afraid of some good healthy competition?”
“Perhaps if you were competition he would be but under the circumstances no.” She started walking down the hallway briskly with him matching her pace easily. “I’m sure there will be lots of girls at the dance willing to spend some time with you.”

He nodded. “That’s true.” He admitted. “But I like a little challenge.”
“I’m not a trophy Gambit.” Suddenly she realized there was someone else in the hallway. “Logan!” she exclaimed. “I was looking for you.”
She shot Gambit a glare and hurried to meet up with Logan, leaving Gambit alone in the hallway.
End Notes:
Hope you liked it! Let me know!
Let Me Go by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
PLEASE! Please! Please listen to this song! It's the song that would be playing at the dance at the time of and it would really work in the backround while reading. So the song is by Three Doors Down called Let Me Go.
Rogue and Wolverine entered the grand hall, a song was just staring. They both recognized the beginning cords, tying to avoid the many eyes that turned to look at them. Somehow it seemed long awaited to see her on his arm like that, smiling as though everything was perfect.

Kitty sighed taking another swig of her champagne and setting down the empty glass on the table. Her short red dress was strapless, fitting around her curves perfectly, and she knew she looked fantastic.

Her gaze flickered to the doorway where she caught a glimpse of Rogue walking through the door with Logan. She couldn’t help but wonder what must have happened on that trip. A five hour plane ride, something had to have changed.

Kitty smiled as she realized. The way that he was looking at her was different. So something had happened. She was right to tell the professor she couldn’t go on that trip with Rogue, and suggesting Logan go instead had been an even better idea. A waiter walked by with a tray full of drinks and she grabbed another one, looking to her right to see Bobby approaching.

“Having a good time?” she chirped excitedly.
He grinned. “I am now.” His hand slid over her waist briefly, not long enough for anyone but her to notice as he passed by.

She struggled to breathe evenly. “Will I see you after the dance?”
His gaze lifted from the floor to meet her seductive one. “When I leave, wait ten minutes and then follow me.” When she nodded he started to walk away, headed towards Rogue.

Marie smiled when she saw him.
“I was beginning to think you weren’t coming.” Bobby confided as he leaned in and gently kissed her cheek.

“I considered it.” She admitted. “I’m not one for fancy dress parties.”

She heard Logan snicker beside her and head over to get a drink. “So how was that trip out there? That guy didn’t cause you too much trouble did he?”

“Not more than she can handle.” Gambit interrupted, with a smile.
“Some trust please Bobby,” she murmured to him.

“You must be the fiancé.” Gambit said sceptically looking down on him, significantly taller. “I pictured you differently.”

Rogue felt his hand in hers turn ice cold. “I hope I’m not too much of a disappointment.” He murmured.
Gambit shrugged. “Not to me.” He glanced over to Rogue who wouldn’t meet his gaze.

Bobby folded his arms across his chest, his eyes flickering to Rogue’s coldly. “Would you like a drink?” She nodded and he walked briskly away.

She huffed. “That wasn’t necessary Gambit.” She hissed.
“Remy don’t know what you’re talking about.” He said shrugging again.
Rogue glared at him. “He didn’t deserve that.”
He raised an eyebrow, looking over at the drinks table where Bobby was now. “I think he did.” He said, gesturing to him with his chin.
She looked over to see Kitty standing quite close, her dress so short it was just barely below her ass. She was saying something with that smile she had on constantly when she was around him.

“They’re just friends.” Rogue muttered under her breath.
He smiled. “Same as you and me, no?”
“Yeah...” she whispered.

She looked around the room, it was the side of a large gymnasium. It was filled with people crowded together. She saw Logan standing outside smoking a cigar and immediately started to walk towards him. “I’ll be right back.” She murmured.

She was only a couple steps away from the balcony where Logan was, when she saw Jean standing next to him. She gasped and slammed herself against the wall before he saw her. She could just barely hear what they were saying.

“So, are you going to be in town for long?” she asked, clearly making conversation.

Rogue scowled. Logan wouldn’t fall for that. He has never been interested in Jean. “I don’t know yet. Why, you gonna make it my while?”
She heard Jean laugh. One of those annoying ‘hot girl’ laughs. “Maybe, if you ask me to dance.”

Logan chuckled. “It has been a while since you’ve seen my room.” He pointed out. “I’ve redecorated.” His voice was sarcastic, humorous. Something Rogue hadn’t heard in him for a while.
Jean smiled. “So you aren’t here with Rogue then?”

Logan laughed and shook his head. “She’s not my type.” Jean giggled. “So let’s dance then.” She took his arm and they walked off together.

Rogue had her arms folded across her chest, frowning, leaning against the wall. It was cold, but it kept her from being heated with rage.

“There you are Rogue I was looking for you.” Bobby walked up next to her and handed her a drink. She forced a smile and gulped all of it down.

Bobby watched and then opened his mouth to speak hesitantly. “Are you... you okay?”
“Yeah!” she exclaimed. “I’m fine! Why wouldn’t I be fine? I’m fine.” She grabbed another drink off a passing tray and drank it as well.

“You might want to take it easy there honey, you’re going to get drunk.” He said slowly.
“What makes you think that’s not my intent?” she grinned stupidly. “Let’s go get another.”
Love Drunk by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Well duh, the song here is love drunk by Boys like Girls.
“I think you’re drunk.” Bobby muttered getting up from the table she sat at, pouting.
Six shots of tequila, three beers and no one bothered counting how many champagnes. She was absolutely smashed.

“Don’t be ridiculous.” She mispronounced the last word.
It was almost midnight now, and most the students were still partying. Logan however, had already left with Jean. “You should go to your dorm.” He muttered.
“You should go to your dorm!” She said loudly, and nearly laughed but decided that was stupid.
“Fine, I’m going to bed. I’ll see you tomorrow okay?” He started putting on his jacket.
“Fine.” She agreed watching him walk away

She heard someone pull up a chair beside her. “What happened?” Remy murmured.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She whispered into her glass.
“Fine. But can we go walk around a bit? This loud music is giving me a head ache. And you need to sober up.” He took her arm in one hand and pulled her out the door.

Only Kitty noticed, but she soon left and went to a certain icy room.

“You’re really strong,” She giggled as he dragged her out. “You should do something that... makes you strong!”

“Whatever you say Rogue, now look I need you to show me where something is...” He glanced down to see her staring up at him.

“You have red eyes...” she whispered. “I thought they were brown but... they have like a... a... red tint.”

He smiled down at her. “Yeah.” He murmured, brushing a strand of her hair behind her ear. When he met her eyes again he realized they were just inches away.

For a moment, they just stared at each other, then he felt her hand on his shoulders, wrapping around his neck. His smile widened, and just gently he pressed his lips against hers. It only lasted a moment, short and sweet. When she opened her eyes, he was staring at her. She kissed him again.
Show Me by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
The Song is "Take A Bow" by Rihanna.
Rogue pulled on some tight jeans and a zip up sweater. Her hair was loose, hanging around her shoulders and down her back. He was sitting on her bed, putting on his shoes.

She took a deep breath. And glanced over to him. He smiled at her. “Do you want me to show you where you’re staying?” she asked pulling on her leather gloves.

He shrugged with a smile. “Sure.” As they walked down the hallway he took her hand. He took a long deep breath. “Listen, can we talk for a second?”

She spun around almost too fast and nearly falling down but he caught her hand and pulled her to her feet. “Yeah,” she breathed.

“You need to show me where the room is.” He said slowly. There was great thought in his words.

Her eyebrows pulled together. “Why would you need to see...”

He opened his mouth to speak but there was a voice behind him. “Rogue?” she heard Bobby call. “Rogue what are you still doing up and around?”

“I uh—uh.” She stammered, trying to think. She was never a good liar.

“We just left the formal. She said she’d give me a tour of the mansion before she went to bed.” Gambit supplied, without hesitation.

Bobby glanced back to her, and she nodded. But then her eyes narrowed. “I thought you went to bed.” She whispered. He was still wearing his suit.

“I couldn’t sleep.” He muttered. Gambit snickered. “Fine, I’ll leave you two...” He started walking away to avoid more questions but another voice sounded down the hall.

“Bobby!” she called “Bobby you forgot your...” Kitty took one look at Gambit and Rogue. “Homework?”
Rogue took a deep breath. “What’s going on?”
Kitty skipped to his side. “She was bound to find out one day Bobby.” She chirped. “I told you to tell her as soon as she came back...”

“Shut up Kitty.” He interrupted angrily.
“Tell me what, exactly?” Rogue said, taking the time to frame each word with her mouth. There was a constant strain in her voice. She was obviously trying to keep control.
“Rogue calm down for just a second...” Bobby began.

“Tell you that he’d been sleeping around.” She began scanning her nails. “With me specifically. You couldn’t honestly think you could keep a guys attention when you weren’t putting out, did you?”

“Bobby!” Rogue screamed, her hands balling up into fists and her loose hair beginning to whip her face with the sudden breeze that flew through the hallways. She felt her legs lift off the floor, her eyes glowing completely white. The lights all down the corridor went out.

“Now hold on a moment Rogue—” Bobby began again.
Gambit was just trying to restrain a smile as he backed up and leaned against the wall. “Unless you got a good explanation kid, Remy would run if he were you.”

Bobby took one step back and held up his hand. A sparkling wall of ice began to build up between them. It was at least a foot thick from floor to ceiling and wall to wall. She lowered to the floor and took a deep breath before she reached through the wall and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. “You forgot that I had a bit of Kitty in me didn’t you?” She hissed and threw him backward.

She took a step back and stared at the wall finally calming herself down. To her right, she heard clapping.

Gambit smiled, clapping his hands together. “That sure was something Chere.” He murmured. “Now how bouts you show me where the room is?”

“You can’t be serious.” She hissed.
He pressed one hand against the wall. “Unless you want me to do something drastic to this here mansion, you should lead the way.”

She realized what he was threatening to do. She had already been experimenting with his power. He could charge the school, and if he did and let go, it would explode. It would kill everyone inside it.

“I thought you said I could trust you.” She whispered.

He smiled and walked closer to her, setting his hands on her shoulders and kneeling down till they were face to face. “I said I wouldn’t kill you. And I won’t. Yet.”
End Notes:
Gasp! Let me know what you think!
The kidnapping by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
The song- Time is Running Out, by Muse. Love that song.
“I can’t believe I trusted you.” She hissed under her breath, walking down the hallway. Her hands were bound behind her now, the threat was if she took them off someone in the school would die.

“Don’t be too hard on yourself Chere.” He consoled. “You ended up being far more fun than all the others. Believe me.” He smiled.

She turned around and glared at him. “You knew that Bobby was cheating on me didn’t you?”
He shrugged. “I had an idea about it. You’re day and she’s night. I’m guessing you’re easier to put up with than her. But you really never slept with him? Why?”

“That’s none of your business.” She muttered angrily stepping into the elevator. He followed her in.
“No honestly, I’m curious. Because he’s missing out.” He added as the door opened and they walked into the new hall. The walls were metallic, plated like tiles scaling up them all around.

They approached a large door. One which looked like a bank vault but even harder to open. She gestured to it. “It’s in there. But there’s nothing I can do after this point. Only the professor can get in.”

Gambit gave her an annoyed look. “Bull shit. You’ve got the worst poker face in history. I know you’ve got Mystique’s ability okay? Just open it.”

She glared at him. “I hate you.” She muttered and turned to the scanner.
“Okay that was the truth.” Gambit admitted. With a quick ray of light, it opened with a loud click.
“What do you want from in here?” she said looking around.

“The helmet.” He muttered. “Magneto wants something from it.”
“Of course you’re working with that filthy scum.” She mumbled.
“Just go get it.”

“Fine.”

They were on their way back to the main entrance now, him holding the metal, irregular shaped helmet and her getting dragged along, his hand wrapped around her arm.
“So it makes sense now. The whole at night thing. You knew no one would be up.” She realized.
“Bingo.” He agreed. “However, the fun with you was not planned. It was a lovely bonus for Remy.”

“Fuck off.” She spat. They were at the door then. “Well I’d say it was nice knowing you but it wasn’t. Bye.”
“Wait.” He said, grabbing her and pulling her back. “You have to take this.”

“What is that?” she demanded.
“No questions. Take it or I blow up the school.” He ordered. She popped the pill into her mouth. He watched and took a moment before he spoke. “You’d really do anything for those people in there?”
“They’re my family. It’s better me than them.” She told him.

“Well, that pill suspends your powers for forty eight hours. Better you than them.” He grabbed her arm and started to pull her away.
“Wait what are you doing?” she gasped trying to pull away without any success.

“You’re coming with me. You know too much.” He continued down the stairs.

Suddenly the sound of metal clinging sounded through the air. “Let her go.” Logan growled.

“Back off mutt or I’ll blow up the school.” Gambit threatened at the sight of his claws.

“Logan don’t!” Rogue gasped.

“I’ll live. You won’t.” Wolverine grunted.

“Fine.” Gambit muttered pulling her against him. Her entire body began to glow red completely. “Do you want me to turn her into a human bomb?” he laughed. “You wanted to see what would happen to people Marie, you can see it first hand.”

“Don’t call me Marie.” She hissed darkly, her arms locked behind her.

“Look brute.” Gambit called to Wolverine as they backed towards the front gate where a large RV pulled up. “If you come any closer, she’ll die. If you follow us, she’ll die. If you piss Remy off, you die. If Remy were you I wouldn’t do any of those things.

He turned back and opened the door to the RV and threw her inside. He glanced back at Logan who was standing there, frozen. Unsure of what to do. “By the way, she was an excellent lay.”

The last thing he heard was Wolverine's growl.
End Notes:
Let me know what you think!
Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
The song is "I hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace.
Wolverine let out a long loud grunt as he launched his claws through his mattress. “DAMMIT!” He growled tearing through the springs and foam.
To his surprise, the professor beside him said nothing, even as he threw everything off his desk and dresser.

Finally Xavier spoke. “I’m sorry Logan. But the threat was real. I know that Gambit is not playing games. There’s nothing we can do.”

“WHY!” He demanded angrily. “Why her? Why did he have to take her?”
“I can understand why you are upset but you need to try to calm down. If Magneto needs her for something it has something then he’ll need her alive.” His voice remained calm though his words were harsh. “But now that he has possession of the helmet from cerebro, I cannot find out what his plans with her are.”

“There has to be something, something that we can do. Try to locate her? Find a way to stop them?” He reached out and threw his dresser onto its side letting out another grunt. “We can’t just let them have her.”

“We have no choice Logan. If we go after her, we risk finding out if Remy LeBeau will kill her. And believe me, from what I saw in his mind she has barely any chance.” The professor warned. “Rogue is a charming and powerful girl; she’ll find a way out of there herself.”

*Meanwhile*

Rogue felt her head roll forward straining the back of her neck. She slowly opened her eyes, trying to adjust to the darkness. What she saw was her chest and her legs in front of her.

She went to wipe her hair from her eyes only to realize her hands were tied behind her back, in the chair. She began to lift her head and look around. The room she was in was empty, but she was faced away from the door. Rogue coughed slightly, dehydrated.

The ropes around her hands could be taken off easily. She had just enough juice from pyro left to burn them...
Nothing happened.
Gambits power?
Nothing.
Logan’s claws?
Kitty’s?

“I think you’ll find that none of your powers work in here Rogue.” A deep voice spoke from behind her. “You took a healthy dosage of the worlds new ‘cure.’” Magneto rolled his eyes. “Don’t worry. It’ll only last another thirty seven hours. That’s more than enough time.”

“What do you want?” She growled darkly.

The door opened behind her but she couldn’t turn far enough to see who it was. Magneto continued anyways, walking around her. “I couldn’t bear the loss.” He sighed. “So much potential in one so young. I’m willing to let you be the latest expansion of our team.”

“Never.” She spat, glaring.

He closed his eyes. “Pity.” He murmured. “Such a waste of so much ability.” He began to walk away. “Kill her.” He muttered.

“Wait!” Someone new spoke out with a thick Cajun accent that she recognized. “That wasn’t the deal.”

“Deals change.” He stated ignorantly.

“No.” Gambit intervened. “You have what you want, and you said what happened to her would be decided. What is your reasoning for doing this to her?”

Magneto was getting angry. She could feel it. “The girl is the only one with the strength and capability to stop us.” He roared. “She has your power along with mine and many others. Should she wish it, our fate and possible destruction is in her hands. Do you trust her with that much power?”

Remy’s hands clenched. “I’d trust her with my life.”

“Unless you can convince her to reconsider who her opposition is, then she will die.” Magneto growled, and with that the door slammed.
End Notes:
Hope you liked it! Please comment!
Get Out of Here by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Song is - Hate that I love you, by Rihanna.
Gambit glanced to Rogue, she wouldn’t look at him. He sighed as he walked over to her and kneeled in front of her. Her eyes remained staring lifelessly on the floor.
“Please Rogue.” He whispered. “Look at me.” She closed her eyes and finally opened them to glare at him weakly. “Please listen to me.” He pleaded setting his hands on her legs. In response to his touch, she felt goose bumps arise. And she hated herself for them.

He closed and opened his eyes slowly. “I only gave you one pill. Your powers will return soon.” He whispered, barely loud enough for her to hear. His jaw clenched. “You only have about another hour or less before it wears out.”
“Why?” she murmured. “Why did you tell Magneto that you...”

“I lied chere. Difficult to understand?” He said sarcastically, reaching behind her.

“Why did you do it Remy.” She whispered.

“Because Remy still got some hope for humanity.” He snickered “Or Mutanity I suppose.” He said with a smile.
“Remy LeBeau.” She said shaking her head. “Still making jokes?”

“Always Mon Chere.” He leaned in and gently pressed his lips against hers. “See you in the after math.” He walked out carrying a long metal staff, his long brown jacket hanging around his calves. “Get out of here Marie.”

“I—” She had started to say ‘I can’t’ but she hadn’t realized that he undid her ropes. “Remy—” she called out after him standing up. He turned around only slightly ,she could barely see his eyes. “Thanks.” She exclaimed, out of breath.
He tipped his hat to her, his hair falling messily past his ears, and disappeared around the corner.

Had she realized then what he had just sacrificed for her she never would have let him go, but it was too late now. She knew that as she hurried down the hall as the building shook from another ‘bomb.’

Only a few guards got in her way as she struggled to find an exit. Luckily Logan had already been training her long enough not to rely on her abilities. Those kick boxing courses finally paid off. And explosive went off nearby. The third one she had heard.
She rushed down the stairs even faster, trying desperately to stay upright. But she was dizzy and could barely keep her head on straight. There was too much going on at once.

Something else exploded up above her again. There were so many. She hated herself for hoping that he was alright. But if Magneto got his hands on him, she knew there would not be much hope. He needed help.

When she finally made it out of the building she looked around and there was nothing and no one. It appeared she was in some sort of a deserted city. It was only when she heard the familiar sound of a motorbike that she knew that she was safe.
End Notes:
Comment!
Don't Cry by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Song is Don't Cry by Guns N' roses.
“Please professor! We have to go back and help him!” Rogue demanded angrily.

Xavier shook his head. “I’m sorry Rogue, but I will not put the X-men in danger to save the man who threatened to destroy the school. He’s a killer. You have to understand that.”

“I’ll go alone then.” She hissed.
“You’re not going anywhere.” Logan interrupted finally.
“But he saved my life! We have to do something!” Rogue pleaded.
“A life for a life.” Logan said quietly. “He was the one who put you in danger Rogue, not you. It was very responsible of him to do so but one good act cannot redeem a lifetime of damage.”

“You would know.” She hissed to Logan.
In response his eyes were hurt. And she regretted the sting immediately, but she had not the time to take it back.

“Rogue, you’re officially under probation.” The professor murmured. “Until all this gets sorted out and we find a suitable punishment for your lack of action the other day, you will be under full surveillance by Logan.”

“You have got to be kidding me!” she screamed and stormed from the office. She had made it halfway down the hallway before she knew that Logan was following her.

“Rogue!” he called after her. She glanced back to see him jog forward to be by her side. “I know that this is hard for you, and believe me it’s been hard on a bunch of us. But for now... all I want is you to know how happy I am that you’re back.” His hands were on her shoulders, holding her in front of him .

“Yeah I can tell you’re real happy.” She muttered. “Why don’t you go and tell Jean?”

His hands dropped to his sides. “What’s that supposed to mean?” he demanded.

“Look, I saw you leave the winter formal with her okay?” she admitted, but her voice was angry. “I’m happy for you, really.”

“Don’t give me that.” He growled. “You’re engaged. Don’t act like I should wait for you to dump ice prick.”

She glared at him. “He cheated on me with Kitty while you and I were gone. It’s over. Engagement’s off. But it happened after you fucked ‘Jeanie’ so I guess I can’t complain huh?” Rogue started to storm away.

“I didn’t sleep with her.” Logan called after her.

She froze. “What?” she turned around slightly.
He walked forward till he was right in front of her. “I said I didn’t sleep with Jean.”
“You...” she whispered.

He shrugged. “I couldn’t do it.” He confided. “I sort of knew something was wrong when I was thinking of you while kissing her.”

Rogue’s mouth dropped open. “Really?”
“Really.” He smiled.
She mashed her lips together. “I’m sorry.” She whispered. He pulled her into his arms. Where it felt right.

They had started walking back to Logan’s room when they heard the screaming.
“Marie” a voice called. She felt Logan’s chest swell with anger. “Marie!”

She started to rush towards the entranceway of the mansion to see Gambit leaning against the banister, barely able to stand. Beside him was Ororo continuing to say things along the lines of “You shouldn’t be here.” And “You’d better leave.”

When he saw her at the top of the stairs he nearly smiled. “Remy!” she gasped when she saw his condition.

He was covered in soot and other debris that must have been in the air when the building had collapsed. She hurried to his side immediately. “Are you alright?” she breathed.

“Remy is fine.” He murmured. “I had to make sure that you... that you were okay.” He grunted and leaned over, clutching his stomach. When he pulled his hand away there was blood on it.

“You’re bleeding!” She breathed out in surprise and sudden worry.
He shook his head. “Do not worry about me. Remy will be fine.” He took a deep breath, coughing slightly. “But I have to leave now, before I lead them here.”

“What?” She said slowly.
“Magneto fled when the building exploded. I don’t know where he’ll strike next. But tell the professor Remy is sorry... I couldn’t get that special helmet that keeps him from hitting his head on the special bus out in time.”

Rogue smiled slightly. She couldn’t help it.
“Where will you go?” She whispered.

“You’ll hear from me as soon as I figure it out myself.” His gaze turned up the stairs suddenly and he closed his eyes. “Good luck with Mr. Testosterone. You got a good guy there.”

Tears started to flood her eyes. “Goodbye Remy.” She whispered.
End Notes:
Last Chapter is next!

To the readers,

I know I've been able to get these other chapters out pretty fast but I need a friends help for the more... we'll say physical aspects of the story. I'll get the ending up ASAP and I'll try to make it long because I love extended endings... but anyways. Logan, Remy, Bobby and Rogue. I'm still deciding who she'll get. I like surprises, I hope you do too.

Love always,

Abby.
What Comes From Isolation by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Let me know if you like it.
Rogue stared at the wall opposite of her bed, holding in one hand her white gloves from the winter formal. She gripped them tightly. She had been in her room for the last three days. Surprisingly no one had come looking for her, other than Bobby begging for forgiveness. Of course she sent him away. But locked in her own solitude, she had no one to talk to. This was both preferred and annoying. She knew she should have let Logan set up the cable when he offered a month ago. “I refuse to sit around and waste time in my room watching TV.” She had said. She groaned.

There was a knock on the door and she lifted the blankets up so that only her voice could get out. Without thinking she said “Go away Bobby, I don’t give a shit.” Beneath the covers she looked like a pile of pillows.

The door opened. She sat up, “Bobby I said—”

“It’s not Bobby.” Logan grunted as he backed into the door carrying a tray. It had a bowl of chicken noodle soup and a sprite.

“Oh I’m sorry—I...” she paused “Is that for me?”

He rolled his eyes at her. “No I brought it to eat in front of you.” He muttered. “Of course it’s for you.”

She smiled, but it faded. “Thanks.” She murmured.

Logan sighed. “How’re you doing kid?” His gaze flickered to her packed suitcase. He blinked, like he was imagining it or it would disappear. Finally he said “What is that?”

“What do you think it is.” She said quietly. “I can’t stay here Logan, you know that—I”

“Don’t give me that shit.” He interrupted angrily. “You damn well know that you’d be safest here. You’re running from me.”

She closed her eyes shaking her head. “No Logan it’s not like that. I just can’t... I can’t do this anymore.”

“What?” He grunted, fuming. “Sit in bed and get room service from me?”

“I appreciate it Logan, really I do. But I—I’m—I”

“You appreciate it.” He nearly laughed, but there was no humor in his voice. “Listen Marie, I don’t know how to say this but I... I feel different around you than I used to.”

“Don’t give me that Logan. Just because you want me to stay doesn’t mean you can lie to me just to get what you want.”

“Who the fuck said I was lying?” he demanded, pissed off now.

“I’m not your type. Remember?” she hissed.

“You’ve got to be kidding,” he ran a hand through his hair but it returned to its spikes immediately. “That’s what this is about?”

“Fuck you Logan.” She growled, annoyed that he was belittling her.

“Guy’s say whatever they can to get in someone’s pants! Don’t you know this?” he laughed once. “It’s common knowledge to say whatever is necessary to go to be. For fuck sake Rogue.”

“If you lied then, you could be lying now.” She pointed out.

“How’s this for lying?” He leaned in to her, one hand on the small of her back and the other on the back of her head, dragging her in towards him in one graceful glide. He mashed his lips against hers urgently, like he had to prove something.

They stared into each others eyes, both locked in the other’s embrace. Afraid of letting go. He pushed her backwards, up against the wall and pressed his lips harder against hers. He picked her up, cradling her in his arms and not letting go. “Logan,” she whispered. “I—I don’t know.”

“What do you want Rogue?” he murmured against her neck.

“I don’t know what I want.” She said quietly.

“Bullshit.” He growled, undoing the zipper of her sweater.

She closed her eyes, leaning her head back against the wall. “I want—I” she whispered. “I want you.”

His hands slid up her legs onto the button of her snug jeans. “I’m sorry,” he grinned “What was that?”

Rogue mashed her lips together, restraining a smile but still blushing. “You heard me.” He arms crept up his chest and locked around his neck pulling him closer and kissing him again. “I want you.” She whispered.

Rogue felt him smile against her lips as his hands made their way up her shirt and pulled it off, raising goose bumps all along her body, she shuddered slightly. Her hands shakily started undoing his collared shirt, and her fingers locked around his belt, pulling him closer to her. He kissed her passionately slipping off her jeans in one quick movement. She pushed him up against the bed and straddling him for a brief moment before she leaned over and kissed up his chest and neck. In one swift movement he flipped her over underneath him. He was heavy, pressing her against the bed like an anchor, an unnecessary one. She’d never leave now.

There wasn’t the time to think as she felt the cold metal of his claws press against her chin and slice off her black bra. A shudder ripped through her as he kissed up her stomach and chest finally reaching her lips. He rubbed against her, slowly at first then faster making her gasp and moan. “Logan,” she whispered, out of breath.

She gasped and clung onto his back, digging her nails into him. He moved with her, in rhythm. Sliding himself in and out with constant motion. He gripped her hips, propelling himself harder into her following a sudden smooth speed.

Her hands lashed out against the bed, her hands balling up into fists as she gripped the sheets around her. Slowly appearing from beneath the skin of his hands between his knuckles the blades began to emerge as he tensed. She gasped out, a mix of pain and pleasure in her voice. He rocked his hips harder and faster against her.

She held his head between her hands as he flipped her over underneath him once more with one last thrust, and relaxed, resting his chin against her shoulder. They both breathed hard as he pulled himself off her and lay on his back closing his eyes.

There was silence for a moment before he opened his eyes and turned to look at her staring at him. She pushed herself closer beside him and rested her head on his chest, wrapping her arms around him tightly. “I love you.” He whispered.
End Notes:
:)
Epilogue by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
This is the end indeed.
Rogue held his hand in hers with a small smile on her face as she took a sip of her water at the dinner table. She ignored Bobby’s glare, Kitty’s stare and Logan’s smirk. The professor simply ignored it, the corners of his lips curled up only slightly.

Bobby had showed up at her door as she was getting dressed and Logan was getting out of her shower with just a towel around his waist. She had opened the door wide, thinking that Logan wouldn’t come out knowing someone was at the door, but he had heard Bobby’s voice and rushed at the opportunity.

He leaned against the door frame in her bedroom, just in sight of Bobby whose eyes widened with annoyance, frustration and jealousy. “You move on quick.” He said coldly, folding his arms across his chest.

Rogue raised an eyebrow, and smirked slightly. “I recently acquired a big dose of a healing ability.” She heard Logan laugh behind her.

Bobby glared at her. She didn’t need to look at his hands to know they’d look like ice. He shook his head. “You slutty bitch—”

Logan was beside her in a second. Remembering what Bobby had said to him once. “You need to get the fuck out of here Bobby. Stay away from my girl.” He quoted overconfidently.

He shot her a glare and then turned to Logan. “You can have the whore.” He muttered staring to walk away.

His claws shot out in an instant, but not before she had slammed the door closed. He had one hand on the doorknob trying to get around her. "No, Logan, it doesn't matter."

His eyebrows pulled down as she leaned against the door in attempt to stop him. "It matters to me." he muttered. He knew he was stronger than her and if he wanted he could easily open the door without her to stop him for ripping Bobby to shreds.

"Please?" she whispered. He closed his eyes and his hand loosened around the doorknob, but there were dents in it from his hand. Only his gaze travelled up her body to her eyes. He held out his hand to her gloved one. Both of them knowing that Bobby wouldn’t keep his mouth shut about this. He pulled her into his arms. She looked up at him, and he brushed one white strand of hair out of her eyes. “I’ll take care of you. I promise.”
End Notes:
Hope you liked it.

Abby.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3647