Untouchable by Ransom99
Summary: Follows the plot line and dialogue of X1. Just adds a more satisfying end. This is my first fanfiction so tell me what you think!
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Adult
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 8960 Read: 14907 Published: 01/28/2010 Updated: 01/29/2010
Story Notes:
So friend of mine helped me with this when we went through our obsession with these two characters. It's sort of our "thing." Anyways, a thank you to My Wolverine.

1. First Impressions by Ransom99

2. Tension and Turmoil by Ransom99

3. Kiss of Life and Death by Ransom99

First Impressions by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
I'll try to make Bobby a kind character--I say try becuase honestly I hate him. I hope you enjoy this!
Anna Marie slowly stepped out of the truck, dragging her duffle bag full of things behind her. Disorientation and confusion flooded through her as she glanced to the string of warehouses. “I thought you said you would take me to Lothum City.” She murmured to the trucker that she had hitched a ride with.

“This is Lothum city.” He muttered walking away.
Her eyes widened as a flash of headlights ran across her face. It startled her, and with the light gone, now everything seemed so much darker than it had been before. She stumbled towards the first warehouse she had noticed other’s headed to, the door she opened revealed a large room packed with people. They were crowded around what was located in the centre of the bar. She moved through the crowd as she barely listened to the announcer scream about the man that was in the ring who was undefeated.

(Song- Limp Bizkit: My Way)

The name she usually went by was Rogue for more reasons than one. She nearly smiled as she heard the title of undefeated. She was sure she could take whoever it was down without any blunt force. But her eyes narrowed on the man in the centre of the cage.

There was something about him that she couldn’t put her finger on. Literally. As much as she’d like to. But she was startled from her thoughts when a volunteer screamed “I’ll fight him!” He pushed through the crowd taking off his large jean jacket.

The challenger was heavy set and tall, taller at least than the one in the ring known as Wolverine.
The new fighter pushed him down, kneeing him to his stomach. The significant difference between the sizes of the two men made it seem like a useless battle, and it was when he wound up to punch him she figured this Wolverine was done for, when he raised one fist to collide with the other. He got to his feet slowly, his glare penetrating.

Within three hits to the face the challenger was down.
The announcer spoke for the first time “Never, have I ever seen anything like this.” He raved “Ladies and gentlemen I give you the Wolverine!”

Rogue’s eyes widened as she stared at him, still holding the same cigar as he was before, shirtless and muscular. He was tanned but the faint bruising that had been put in place by the heavy set challenger was beginning to faintly fade. Her heart beat flooded through her ears as she watched him before she knew there was something different about this fighter.

**************

Beside her a man sat down and ordered a beer. Out of the corner of her eye she saw him turn to look at her. “We don’t get your type round here.” He said obnoxiously.
Her gaze flickered to his. “What do you mean?”

He smiled when she replied. “I mean—we don’ get none of the young stuff in here. Quiet town. Where yah from?”
She bit her lip slightly before she answered. “South.” She said. It was general enough.

“Is that so? Well how ‘bout I show you some good Canadian hospitality?” He chuckled “Let me buy you a drink.”

“I don’t drink.” She said stiffly.
He snorted. “Everybody drinks.”
She flexed her hands and rubbed them together, considering taking off her gloves. Recently she had acquired a deadly touch. She was in no mood to sit around listening to this guy hitting on her.

It could be good practice to learn to control it though. She had been getting better at that.

“How ‘bout you leave the girl alone.” Someone said as he walked by. His voice was low, gruff.
“I don’t see how this is any of your business.” He hissed.
“You’re right. It’s not.” He agreed. “But if you decide to make a scene of her rejection I’ll have to make it my business.”

He sat down about four seats away, a dark glare meeting Rogue’s gaze to make her glance down the table in front of her. She heard him order something.

The man threw some money onto the table to the bartender, muttered some swears and left.

When she was sure Wolverine wouldn’t see her, she glanced over at him again, he was focused on the TV. But just then two men walked up behind him. One had a puckered red bruise on the side of his face. Rogue realized that he had been the one he had fought.

“You owe me some money.” He muttered angrily.
“Come on Stu,” His friend murmured.
“No one takes a beating like that without a mark to show for it.” He glared at the back of his head. Logan had yet to bother turning around. He wasn’t sure how much more of this he could take before something bad unleashed out of him.

“Stu, come on.” His friend said again, trying to grab his arm and pull him along.
“You lost your money, keep this up and you’ll lose something else.” Logan threatened. His voice was slightly monotone, but as calm as he was—there was no bluff in his words.

“I know what you are.” He hissed, there was fear in his voice but the last word was said with such venom it might as well have been something else. “Freak.”
“Leave.” Wolverine ordered.

That’s when Rogue saw the switchblade pulled out of his pocket and with a quick lunge he went forward. “LOOK OUT!” She screamed frantically.

In a split second the knife was on the ground and the man was between the wall and what appeared to be three blade’s emerging from his knuckles. Her eyes widened.
Behind him the bartender held a shotgun to his head. “Get out of my bar, freak.” His voice was shaky and clearly afraid, but still stern.

With a quick swipe the shotgun was in half and both men were at mercy of Wolverine. He shot a glare at both before he lowered his hands and walked out the door.

Rogue watched, completely frozen and watched him leave the bar. Something pulled her after him. And whatever the emotion was—it pushed her out of her seat and towards the door.

****************

Logan climbed into his trailer lighting up a cigar with a sigh. He drove along the icy highway. The roads were bad from the descending temperature. Bad conditions for driving, not that it mattered; if he crashed he’d be able to walk away anyways.

His tried to stay focused on the road, but his thoughts traced over the memories that he only got frequent flickers of. Enough to get a glimpse of who he was, but enough to raise even more questions. The nightmares were worse. That was when his subconscious mind took over, bringing unknown memories to the surface.

The wars were the worst. That was all he knew. He had been a soldier, but the consistency was difficult to follow.

Suddenly he heard something move, shifting the trailer being pulled behind with his bike. He sighed and pulled over, though there was no one on the roads. Logan wandered to the back where he saw something beside his bike that had not been there before. He raised one eyebrow before he tapped it slightly and realizing someone was there he pulled the fabric off.

It revealed a girl, pale from the cold with a hood covering half her face. It was the girl he had seen staring at him wide eyes from outside the ring, same as the one who had been at the bar when Joe'd been layin som moves on her. His adrenaline jumped before his conscience hardened. The muscles in his jaw tensed and he glared. “What the hell are you doing?” He muttered.
The girl briefly closed her eyes in embarrassment. “I’m sorry.” She murmured opening her eyes “I needed a ride. I thought you could help me... I—”

“Get out.” His eyes were closed. He couldn’t look at her; he could feel her staring at him. He knew that he wanted to bring her with him—but he was going somewhere that wasn’t safe. He couldn’t be weighed down by some girl. There was too much chance of being attacked. Humans do nothing to help.

She climbed out of the back and adjusted her long green jacket. “Where am I supposed to go?”
He glared “I don’t know.” He answered.

“You don’t know or you don’t care?” She challenged, her voice was beginning to have the makings of an accent he had yet to recognize. Something that only showed when she got angry.

He grabbed her bag out of the trailer and dropped it to the ground with a smirk. “Pick one.”

The girl watched him walk away before she sighed “I saved your life.” Southern accent leaked into the statement.
He didn’t skip a beat. “No you didn’t.” He called without turning around.

Logan got into the car and started to drive away. He had only got a small distance away before his conscience leaked into his mind and he stopped and put the car in park.
She ran and got in.

“You don’t have anything to eat do you?” she murmured rubbing her hands together. She hadn’t eaten since she had gotten in the car with the trucker when she ran away. He reached into the glove box and pulled out a package of beef jerky. She pulled her hood down. “I’m Rogue.” When he didn’t respond she glanced over at him and noticed the dog tags around his neck. “Were you in the army?” she asked quietly. “Doesn’t that mean you were in the army?”

There was still no response. She sighed as she pulled her gloves off with slight struggle. Rogue glanced back at the trailer behind her. “Wow.” She murmured.
His jaw tensed “What?” he snapped.
“Do you sleep here?” She said quietly without thinking.
Logan’s eyes narrowed. “Well, if you prefer the road...”
“No,” she interrupted quickly backtracking. “It looks great. It looks... cozy.”

They were quiet for a while. She rubs her hands together against the cold.

He noticed, realizing how chilly it was and he turned on the heater. Logan reached for her hands in a gesture to hold them closer to the fans. “Put your hands on the heater,” he mumbled. Rogue flinched, her hands immediately pulling away from his. She saw a flicker of anger in his eyes before he spoke. “I’m not going to hurt you kid.”

That’s what her last boyfriend had said. But she had hurt him. Rogue shook her head sighing. “It’s nothing personal. It’s just that...” she hesitated and he glanced over at her. “When people touch my skin something happens.” It seemed like an understatement. Hurt? That was all she could bring herself to say. She didn’t want to scare him.

“What happens?” he asked, curious.
“I don’t know.” Rogue said quietly, thoughtful. “They just get hurt.” She pulled her gloves back on.
He raised one eyebrow, amused. “Fair enough.” He muttered. So she was a mutant. He should have known. He took a deep breath—but the entire truck smelled like her now. His teeth clenched. It was like vanilla or homemade baking.

Her gaze flickered to his hands for a long moment before she spoke. “When they come out...” she said quietly. “Does it hurt?” Her voice shot him out of his day dream.

Logan didn’t look at her when he answered. “Every time.” They were silent for a long time. Both of them consumed by thought. Logan simply tried to think about things other than her. He couldn’t keep her around obviously. Not with this yearning building, it would kill him. Or worse, her. The next gas station. That’s where he’d have to leave her. No he couldn’t... she was so young. There were far worse men than him out there. He swallowed hard, he’d deal with what to do with her when the time arose, for now he’d distract himself. “So what kind of a name is Rogue?” He asked glancing in the rear-view mirror.

For a moment she felt insulted. “I don’t know.” She hissed. “What kind of a name is Wolverine?”
He snickered, amused by her annoyance. “My name is Logan.”
Her gaze flickered away for a moment as the considered lying. Her trust in him wound against it. “Marie.”

Logan nodded with a smile. She mashed her lips together, feeling her pulse grow so loud she was sure he could hear it. In fact he could. Logan smiled slightly as he considered what it meant. He didn’t tell her though. She was just a girl.

The snow had begun to fall, placing a thick white blanket all around them. As he drove they created tracks on a road that hadn’t been used in some time.

It wasn’t for awhile after he picked up speed that Rogue noticed.
“You should really wear your seatbelt.” She suggested.
Logan rolled his eyes. “Look kid, I don’t need automobile advice from a girl—” Suddenly a loud crash interrupted him and he quickly glanced back to the road to see a massive tree fall in front of them. The truck slammed into the trunk spread lengthwise across the road. The windshield shattered as Logan shot through it, landing on the snow covered ground and sliding twenty meters away.

Rogue opened her eyes slowly. Everything was white. It was all a blur.

She felt her face pressed against the dashboard in front of her. Her gaze immediately went beside her to see the driver’s seat empty. She turned her head forward and tried to see further. But everything was so white. It was blinding. Everything was silent. It was deafening.

Slowly, it focused.

Logan was spread across the ground face down. He wasn’t moving. Her heart sped up. A thousand thoughts shattered through her mind. Was he okay? That was a question that appeared repeatedly.

Pain shot through her leg as she realized. “Am I okay?” She thought. Her frantically went to her seatbelt trying to undo it so she could get out of the truck. The button wasn’t working. She struggled, trying to rip it out but it wouldn’t budge.

She glanced back up to where Logan lay and relief soared through her as she watched him get up. Relief. Confusion. Terror. Bewilderment. Disorientation.

A wide gash lay across his forehead and the raw flesh was bloody. Her veins iced through as she watched it begin to heal. “Are you okay?” he asked, the cut nearly completely healed now. She had frozen completely, staring at him in shock. “Kid are you okay?”

He heals. She couldn’t help but think of the possibilities. He can’t die. Perhaps even she can't kill him... Rogue shot back to reality. “I’m stuck!” she muttered loudly, annoyed that she was unable to handle this herself. He started to walk towards her.

All she heard was wind but he heard something else. There was a scent in the air. They were not as alone as he had thought, or hoped.

She knew something was wrong when his hands clenched, and the metal claws cringed out of his knuckles.

The tension rose. Suddenly something flung out of the forest, arms raised. It landed on top of Logan and Rogue gasped, screaming out in fear. She watched the man hold him up by his shirt and throw him towards her.

Logan landed on top of the truck’s front, his head hitting the metal, immediately knocking him out. His claws subtracted into his arms once more, his eyes closed.

The wind around them stirred the trees suddenly and the snow began to fall harder. Rogue’s eyes widened as she struggled desperately with the seat belt, frantically trying to get free. It wouldn’t budge as the two people got closer. She couldn’t see their faces. One had a interesting style of sunglasses on while the other was female, her eyes completely white.

They opened the door to the passenger side of the truck. The man touched his temple with one hand and a red beam shot out of his eyes, breaking her seatbelt. They pulled Rogue out of the car, their names were Storm and Cyclops. Rogue’s eyes went black as she watched the truck she had been in seconds ago explode.

*****************

She had heard about them before. The mutants. But never had she dared to think of herself as one. Perhaps that had been why she left home in the first place... she didn't accept herself and so would never expect her family to. Rogue simply envied the others... the term for their powers wasn't 'better,' they were just easier to handle than hers. Rogue envied them.

She sat in a classroom hitting her pencil against the desk while the teacher at the front spoke. The students around her did not yet know what her power was. But she didn’t want to tell them just yet.

The boy in front of her had his hands behind his back, lighting a fire in his lighter before transferring the flame to his other hand. This one could control fire. She watched, not commenting, until she saw the boy beside her reach closer and a chill flew through the air.
The ball of fire turned to ice and fell to the ground shattering. Rogue jumped at the noise.

The boy beside her whispered. “I’m Bobby. What’s your name?”

“Rogue.” She whispered.

He smiled and touched his hand to her desk. When he moved his hand a rose made of ice was where his hand used to be. “Welcome to Mutant High.”
End Notes:
Hope you liked it. Comment!
Tension and Turmoil by Ransom99
Logan felt someone puncturing a needle into his skin. He sat up immediately and jumped to his feet. The doctor next to him backed away but he was faster. He grabbed her and put his hand around her neck, nearly suffocating her.

He glanced around realizing no one around he dropped her to the ground and ran.

The place he was in had metallic walls. There was no artwork, there was nothing on them. The first disturbance in the perfection was a large cabinet with several uniforms displayed. In a drawer was some other wardrobe pieces. He grabbed a sweater and kept moving.

That was when he heard the voices.
Where are you going?
He flinched, slamming himself into the wall to hide. But no one was there. Logan. It whispered.

A door opened. He went inside. It was an elevator, the door closed before he had a chance to get out.

When it opened it revealed a corridor type of place. It was very large. Everything made of silky wood and marble floors. He continued walking looking around. There was no sign of anyone, but he wasn’t alone. The voice continued to speak as he walked.

Where are you going? It hissed.

There was another door that suddenly opened and rushed inside, closing the door behind him. When he turned around he realized there was a room full of people. It looked like a class. “Good morning Logan.” The man said. He spoke to the students “I’d like your definition of weak and strong athrobic principles on my desk on Wednesday. That’ll be all.”

The rest of the class left slowly, one student straying behind disappeared through a wall as she left. He picked up a book on his desk and said “Physics.” He murmured smiling. “I’m Charles Xavier. Would you like some breakfast?” He asked. He came out from behind his desk and Logan realized he was in a wheelchair.

“Where am I?” Logan questioned, glancing around.

“Westchester, New York. You were attacked; my people brought you here for medical attention.” He answered quiet but certain.

“I don’t need medical attention.” Logan hissed.

“Yes, of course.” Charles nodded with a slight smile of amusement.

“Where’s the girl?” Logan demanded.

“Rogue?” he murmured “She’s here. She’s fine.”

Logan’s eyes narrowed. “Really?”

Just then the door behind him opened revealing three others. “Ah, Logan. I’d like you to meet Ororo Monroe, also called Storm. This is Scott Summers, also called Cyclops.” He continued. Scott put his hand out as a gesture to shake his hand but Logan just glared at him. “They saved your life.” He murmured as Logan gave them both glares. “I believe you’ve already met Dr. Jean Grey.” He murmured as she walked past him. “You are in my school for gifted Mutants. You’ll be safe here from Magneto.”

Logan raised an eyebrow. “What’s a Magneto?”

“A very powerful mutant.” He answered. “He believes that a war is brewing between mutants and the rest of humanity. I’ve been following his activities for some time. The man who attacked you is an associate of his called Sabertooth.”

“Sabertooth.” Logan raised an eyebrow. “Storm.” He said, amused. “and Cyclops.” He echoed. “What do they call you, Wheels?” he laughed. “This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.” He shook his head laughing before he headed towards the door. Scott was in his way. Logan glared at him. “Cyclops right? Want to get out of my way?” Scott peered around Logan towards the professor.

“Logan, it’s been fifteen years hasn’t it? Living from day to day, moving from place to place, no memory of what you are?”

“Shut up.” He hissed darkly.
“Logan, give me a chance. I may be able to help you find some answers.” Professor Xavier murmured.

“How do you know?” He whispered.

You’re not the only one with gifts. The professor’s voice echoed through his mind suddenly and Logan glanced around in surprise.

Logan gave him a nearly roguish grin without fully taking him seriously. He raised one eyebrow with an amused expression on his face. “What is this place?”

***************

(Song- Time is running out by Muse)

It was late at night. Rogue opened her eyes, turning onto her back and stared at the ceiling. Nothing had happened and nothing was wrong, everything was perfect. But her heart felt concave and hollow. Pain was drilling into her faintly, second hand horror.

A name flashed through her mind. Logan.
Rogue knew she didn’t have to touch to take. By being around being their simple essence drove deep into her soul. Their personalities didn’t join without touch, but she could feel his fear, his pain, the nightmare’s he was having.

What could she do? She had no idea where his room was, where he was staying.

But she couldn’t leave him. Not if what she was feeling had been even a tenth of his emotions. It was too horrible. It was too much to handle. She had to go to him.

Rogue swung her legs off of her bed, her bare feet touching the cold floor. Worrisome, she slipped carefully through the corridor without knowing fully where she was going. She felt the instinct.

The first doorknob her hand gripped was the room he resigned. She turned to knob, with a click it opened. Amused, she raised an eyebrow. Not afraid of sleeping with the door unlocked?

Logan was there when she approached, he was almost shaking. She could see his veins under the pale surface of his skin when his muscles tightened. “Logan.” She whispered.

He didn’t stir as she made her way closer, even as she sank onto the bed beside him he did not wake. For a moment she couldn’t do anything but stare. Although he did not sleep soundly he still had the charming charisma that his personality maintained.

As he lay there sleeping his hair was messily in front of his face. She glanced towards the door before she reached forward and brushed it out of his eyes. Accidently, he skin brushed against his.

Nothing happened.

She bit her lip. Don’t push it. But she couldn’t help herself. Maybe she was able to control it. Briefly, she brushed her fingertips along the side of his face. Her heart beat calmly at a steady pace. As long as she remained this way, for now nothing would happen. She smiled. She could control it. But it was when she pulled he hand away that something happened.

Suddenly she felt the dream go darker with anger and fear and Logan shot upright and without a moment’s hesitation, in the blink of an eye his claws extended into Rogue’s chest.

For the first time he looked at her, fully conscious. He was confused; disoriented, unsure of what to do. When her eyes widened as they stared into his he almost relaxed, his claws flexing back into his arms. “Help,” he called out suddenly. Her eyes, they stared, not fully comprehending as the pain coursed through her. “SOMEBODY HELP ME!” He screamed.

There was nothing he could do by this point. There were no medics that could stitch up her heart in time. His claws had punctured three holes right through it. She raised one hand but hesitated. No, she had seen what her powers had done to everyone else. And she knew what everyone else had done to her. Did she want his thoughts in her mind? Maybe this wasn’t something he could heal from.

But this wasn’t something she’d survive without his help.
Slowly, she began to reach forward, her hand inches from his face. But then she laid her palm on his cheek and he began to feel weak.

It strained him completely. His energy was gone as he stared at her, but in the pain there was also happiness. Contact. She wasn’t afraid of him, but she wanted him to be afraid of her. He hadn’t been aware of her full strength and ability till he felt the drain.

Their thoughts flowed into each other unwillingly. There was nothing they could do about it. The only thing that was repeated through her mind was his voice. “Don’t die. Please no.” If Rogue wanted to live she had to hold on. What could she do? Even as she felt the very emotion of his dreams and the strong engaging arousal of his thoughts she couldn’t let go.

That was when he realized what she was doing. He saw the crusted blood on the surface of her skin beginning to disappear. She was healing. It was almost gone. But all the while her memories flowed into him. He saw what had happened. He heard what her first impression of him fighting had been. The fear she had felt when she nearly watched him be stabbed. He saw the boy who had introduced herself to her—which annoyed him. At the same time he was feeling weaker and weaker. It was when the scars had disappeared he realized they had an audience. She finally let go. The last memory that he saw of hers was the kiss with the boy when she first discovered her power.

In the doorway a group had gathered. Rogue nearly collapsed from the strength she felt. There was a sudden adrenaline rush. But there was also the anger. An agony that coursed through her with determination to be alone. She didn’t want to talk to anyone. When Storm appeared beside her, her expression was demanding an explanation.
Rogue shot her a glare and with a last glance at Logan, unconscious on the bed before she pushed her way through the crowd in the doorway and ran to her room.

She knew it hadn’t happened before. But not like this. Not to the extent that she had his thoughts coursing through her. Rogue felt what he felt. She wanted what he wanted. She sat on her bed, rubbing her forehead. It’ll go away in a little while.

The next morning she was sitting outside staring at the ground. It had yet to go away, but she felt angry. She was annoyed at almost the smallest of comments. The park bench was just in front of a forest, it was quiet, until she heard someone. “Rogue?”

She glanced back at him. It wasn’t who she had expected. But she remembered him. His name was Bobby, he had been in one of her first classes at Mutant High. “Bobby” She muttered.

“Rogue what did you do? They’re saying you’re stealing other mutant’s powers...” he murmured. His voice was quiet, unsure.

“No, no.” She argued, “I borrowed his powers.”
His eyes grew serious. “You never use you powers against another mutant.”

“I had no choice.” She tried to justify herself, “No you have to understand...”

“If I were you I’d get myself out of here.” He interrupted darkly.

Her heart stopped short and pain shot through her veins. “What do you mean?” Rogue whispered.

“Listen,” he began. “The students are freaked. Professor Xavier is furious...” He closed his eyes briefly and then looked at her straight on. “I don’t know what he’ll do with you. I think it’ll be easier on your own.” He paused for a long moment.

Her jaw tensed as she tried to force away the lump in her throat. They hate me. The statement repeated through her mind. They don’t want me here. Nobody wants me here. I nearly killed the one person who might have, and now he hates me too.

“You should go.” He added darkly.

Rogue pushed herself onto her feet, dragging herself away from the bench. She paused and glanced back at him, he gave her a half smile, his eyes smouldering. She turned and left. Just after she turned away, Bobby turned into Mystique. Magneto would be pleased.

When Logan woke up he felt weak. An absence of energy, or perhaps just an absence in him. Something was missing; a piece of him had disappeared.

Memory shot through him like a lightning bolt. What had happened last night? It all seemed like just a dream. Or something that he wanted to forget. He couldn’t. The last thing he remembered was her expression before he blacked out. Rogue.

He rushed up the stairs passing some of the other students who whispered. He could have easily tuned in to what they were saying but ignored them. He was focused. When he arrived at her door he knocked first. “Rogue?” he called. As his fist tapped against the door it swung open slightly.

The room itself was empty, the drawers messily swung out as though they had been pulled in a rush. The closet was open. The bed still made, it hadn’t been slept in.

He was beside Professor X within minutes. “Where is she?” he demanded.

Xavier thought for a moment, his eyes glazing over as he searched through the mutant community. “She’s gone.” He murmured under his breath.

They started towards the room where he could access them all; everyone’s thoughts; everyone’s mind; everyone’s life was in his hands in that room. He could find her there.

Logan went in with him. He didn’t care.

It took several moments for Xavier to locate her. They felt like centuries. What would he do if he couldn’t find her? He didn’t know. All he knew was that she was getting further away. He could feel it.
When Xavier opened his eyes his gaze turned directly to Logan and headed towards the door with him trailing behind demanding answers.

Waiting outside was Storm and Scott Summers. “Storm, Scott I need you to go find the girl.” He murmured. “She’s at the train station ten miles from here.”

“Wait no; I have to go with them.” Logan interrupted angrily. “I’m the reason she left.”

“No.” Charles disagreed. “You have to stay here. This is the exact situation Magneto is looking for.”

He glared at him but with a nod proceeded to walk away.
Scott and Storm were in the garage taking one of the schools cars to head towards the train station when Scott froze glancing around. Storm noticed. “What?” she asked.
He snorted. “My bike was here.” His jaw tensed. “He took my motorcycle.”

(song- Safe and Sound by Hawksley Workman)

Had someone asked, Logan couldn’t explain how he had found her. There was no explanation to be called upon. He hadn’t searched for long and he hadn’t asked who had seen her. Some might call it trusting your instinct, others might call it more than that.

All he knew was that when he saw her sitting facing towards the window on the Train he couldn’t have been more relieved.

“Hey kid.” He murmured quietly, sitting down in the seat next to her. Rogue opened her mouth to speak but stopped herself. His paused before he spoke. “I’m sorry about last night.”

“Me too.” She whispered.
“You running again?” he asked.
She almost smiled, but she closed her eyes focusing. “I heard the professor was mad at me.”

“Who told you that?” he asked.
“A boy at school,” she answered quietly. “You think I should go back.” She accused.
“No,” he disagreed. “I think you should follow your instincts.”

She paused, thoughtful. “The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him, inside my head.” Rogue opened her eyes looking into his. “And it’s the same with you.” She sucked in a ragged breath as she tried to stop the flow of tears, but it was unbearable. He leaned in, putting his arm around her. She set her head against him and closed her eyes.

Logan wasn’t sure what to say to that. But he wanted her to stay, so he said what was necessary. “There’s not many people that’ll understand what you’re going through. But I think this guy... Xavier, is one of them.” He took a deep breath. “He seems to genuinely want to help you. And that’s a rare thing for people like us.”

She opened her eyes as she straightened up and looked at him carefully.

“So what do you say,” he murmured smiling. “Give these geeks one more shot?” Rogue smiled slightly, but it didn’t touch her eyes. “Come on, I’ll take care of you.” He murmured to her quietly.

Rogue paused, smiled and raised one eyebrow. “You promise?”

“Yeah.” He smiled down at her. “Yeah I promise.” There was something changed within him. The pieces that were missing before were in his arms, and he never wanted to let her go. He would do anything not to.

She stared into his eyes for a long time. She felt herself leaning forward, but the restraint made her slower. He did too, hesitation made the moment stretch. Gently, his lips touched hers.

Exhilaration shot through him. There was no pain as he had thought there would be. He had planned to endure, just for this opportunity. He wanted it. Slowly, reluctantly he pulled away.

Her eyes remained closed. Trying still to understand.
“You can control—” he began.

(Turn the song off if it's still on)

The train suddenly stopped and a loud noise interrupted them. Both stood, Rogue jumped slightly as the screeching sound began. It was like metal clashing against metal, it hurt to hear.

Logan turned around in time to see the back of the train rip off exposing what was outside. Nothing was there for a moment, everything was engulfed in fog. But it was then that he emerged. There was something terrifying about seeing him there, standing on nothing but thin air. He was capable of so much with just the flick of his finger, and he had one hand raised to show that fact. Logan glanced over at Rogue who was sitting once more, tears streaming down her face before he looked back at Magneto. His claws shot out as his fists tensed.

“Ah,” he said in a nonchalant drawl. “You must be the Wolverine.” He was about to go forward before he realized something. He could no longer move. It felt like every limb was stiff. When he tried to move it hurt. Magneto smiled, “That remarkable metal doesn’t go through your entire body does it?” He flexed his fingers, lifting him into the air.

Logan had closed his eyes as he grunted in pain, completely enthralled in the agony. It was too much to handle. His claws; fully extended had begun to bend and he let out a gasp of pain as it crushed his internal muscle.

Rogue cried out the second she heard him. “Stop!” she screamed “Stop it!”

He tensed completely before he summoned barely enough strength to speak. “What. Do. You. Want. With. Me.” He said slowly, carefully framing each word.

Magneto’s eyebrows raised in surprise. “You?” he laughed amused. “My dear boy, who ever said you I wanted you?”

The realization shot resentment and anger through Logan’s entire body. His eyes shifted to the side, where he could see Rogue watching him with terror in her eyes. He barely had time to think before he was flying through the air, backwards and into the wall.

Then his eyes went black.
End Notes:
Gasp!
Reveiw Please!
Kiss of Life and Death by Ransom99
Author's Notes:
Here's the end of it. Sorry I'm such a noob.
He felt her pain before he heard her screams. The sadness engulfed him as he emerged in her emotions. It seemed when she had touched him, she had passed some of her into his mind as well. She cried out, but no one was answering. No one was there. No one cared.

Below, still within the Statue of Liberty Logan stared upward before he glanced at Scott “Can you hit it?”

“It’s moving too fast. I might hit her.”
There was silence as everyone considered. One life gone to save all of New York. Logan’s expression hardened as he realized what they were thinking. “Get me up there.” He murmured.

“It’s too unstable. You could fly right over it.”

“If I do, I do.” He muttered “Worst comes to worst Cyclops here can just blast it. No harm done.”

“Jean, steady him.” Scott murmured.

Logan felt the gravity below him dissapear. Butterflies flew through him as he left his stomach somewhere down there. He landed hard on the top of the machine, no soft landing. But he could take it. He stabled himself slowly and looked down at Rogue struggling for her life, barely strong enough to scream now. He held out one hand in attempt to hit the spinning wheel but something had locked his joints into place.

He looked down to see Magneto, one hand extended and holding him in place. Unable to move--there was no hope.
Suddenly a red ray shot through the air and hit Magneto, and Logans arm shot forward destroying the machine and saving all of New York.

Rogue fell limp into his arms like a rag doll. He closed his eyes angrily. “No,” he whispered. “Don’t die.” Within moments the air rushed around him and lights shone down on them. His arms tightened around her as he glanced up to the X-Jet lowering towards them.

***************

“She has suffered severe energy loss. Her body is having difficulty defending itself as it repairs her immune system.” Professor Xavier murmured. “She is vulnerable to ever the slightest of illness. She should stay here until she is completely healed.”

Logan nodded without speaking. He had convinced himself this was his fault. She never would have left the mansion if it wasn’t for him. He sighed and rubbed his forehead as he stared at her in her bed, unconscious. Rogue’s hair, now had a sleek strip of white through it. She might as well have been sleeping had she not been so pale. He wished he could hear her voice again with that southern drawl that appeared when she was angry or nervous.

He didn’t take his eyes off her, even as several different people left the room. He sighed and didn’t move, even when he noticed Bobby give him an annoyed glare from the corner of his eyes.

A while later he woke to Jean doing a regular check up on Rogue. He stood up. “Is there anything I can do?” he murmured.

Jean’s gaze shifted as she realized what he was thinking. “It’s too dangerous to try to pass your ability onto her Logan.” She murmured. “It is a great risk to you and the possibility of your soul being lost in her mind till she dies is... likely if she kills you.” She bit her lip. “Plus,” she said on a lighter note. “She’d take on a bit too much of your personality traits if you did it long enough to heal her. We don’t need two of you around.”

He raised an eyebrow, clearly not having realized how strong she was until then. He sighed as he watched her leave.

The silence was deafening. All he could hear was the slight sound of a ticking clock and the occasional tap of people walking outside. He stood up and walked up next to her bed and sat down on the ledge. He reached forward, brushing one strand of her white hair behind her ear.
With a glance towards the door, he took her hand.

At first there was nothing.
He let go and took a deep breath.

(Song- Bad Romance: Lady Gaga)

He’d seen it in far too many movies. But he leaned over her, hesitantly and brushed her lips gently across hers. Innocently at first, before he pressed harder and felt the pain flowing through his veins. He felt completely strained as though he had been running for days. Then there was the constant drain of energy, something pulling him towards unconsciousness like gravity. He was on the verge of passing out when she opened her eyes and pushed him off of her.

“Logan,” She gasped.

He swayed slightly, his eyelids fluttering open. “Rogue?”
“Yes.” She whispered staring at him. He nearly fell limp but her arms caught him. Slowly, but surely he was beginning to heal. The dizziness was beginning to fade. “Are you alright?”

He nodded slowly. “I’m fine. You stopped just in time.” He paused. “Are you ok?”

“Yes.” She muttered after a moment. “I’m not sleeping beauty Logan.” She hissed darkly out of annoyance. Logan was gaining strength quickly and was beginning to notice things, like the thought flickering behind her eyes. Her gaze shot to his. “They told you not to do that.” She accused. “It was too dangerous. What were you thinking?”
He raised one eyebrow. This was a bit harsh for her. “You heard that?”

Rogue pressed her lips together, shaking her head. “No.” She corrected. “I saw it.”

His eyes narrowed. “I don’t understand.”

“Me neither.” She agreed. “Not fully.” She took a deep breath and clenched her teeth. “I take more than energy Logan.” She rubbed her forehead. “I take thoughts, traits... emotions.”

“Thoughts.” He echoed, trying to sound indifferent.

Rogue bit the edge of her lip, restraining a smile. “Yes.” She started to adjust the blankets around her, swinging her legs over the side of the bed and standing up.

“Be careful,” he said, one hand held out to help when she stumbled.

Logan saw her teeth clench together. “I don’t need your help.”

That was when he realized it. He nearly smiled. “Personality traits huh?” Rogue’s eyes froze when it occurred to her. He grinned roguishly “I would think I’m a bit more charming.”

“Don’t be ridiculous.” she hissed, a smile on the corner of her lips. She began to walk towards the door but he stepped in front of her, standing abnormally close.

Logan stared into her eyes for a long moment, but she couldn’t hold his gaze. She glanced down, eyes on the ground. He smiled, that was more herself. She could never understand why he loved to look at her. Rogue simply had a heartbreakingly low confidence level; one that made it difficult for her to get close to anyone. Logan ran his fingers along her jaw line before lifting her chin to face him. He leaned in and pressed his lips to hers, gently at first then stronger. Her lips reacted to his, but there was no pain on his part. Rogue found her hands traveling up his chest, her fingers locking around his collar, pulling him closer.

She tried desperately to focus. Her mind grasped at the seams ripping her apart. Rogue couldn’t let this be ruined by her power. She had to control it. Logan’s hands slid down to her waist, one on the small of her back, pulling her into him.

All of this had been waited for so long. It was happening. It was something that had slipped in and out of their minds since they had first met. But it had always been thought to be impossible. It was wrong. It was right. It was difficult to describe. Something no one else would understand.

She stumbled backwards, pulling him with her. She backed into the wall, pinned against it. His hands began to under the buttons in the front of her shirt as he pulled away briefly. “Wait,” she whispered suddenly. “Logan I don’t have full control of it yet.”

His gaze flickered to hers and he leaned in and kissed her hard. “Maybe it’s worth it.”

Rogue almost laughed as he began to kiss her neck. “Worth dying?”

Logan smiled. “I said maybe.” He leaned in again and felt her smile against his lips. He began to undo the buttons on her shirt, too slowly. He felt her hands on his belt buckle, and then the button of his jeans. She fumbled slightly as her hand slipped downward along with his zipper. He had his hands on her hips, pushing her backward till she stumbled back onto the bed. He pinned her down, dragging off her jeans and pulling her legs around his torso.

At the same time as the frantic desperation to hurry, she felt the control slipping away. There was little warning but all she wanted was to ignore it. A slight fear rose in her, what if she lost control?

He felt the hesitation in her lips but knew what it meant. Despite that, he knew the regret that would live in both of them if they decided to stop right now—along with the growling sexual frustration that would surface in him if he left this any longer. Her hands wound into his hair, her fingers locking around his skull to hold him closer. She gasped slightly, yearning harder to keep focused.

A scream erupted as he thrust into her, as his and her hips began to move into a rhythm. Her arms locked around his neck as his hands pulled her closer and closer into him a rough grip on her hips. Her legs wound tighter around his torso as he lifted her and they slammed against the desk which hit hard against the wall causing a surge of destruction. She gasped, letting out a long scream. Both of them were breathing hard as they toppled onto the floor.

She felt her control sliding away as he buried his face into her neck, pushing his hips further to her. “No,” she breathed out. “Logan, I can’t... I can’t... Stop—I—I...” A sigh escaped her lips. He thrust harder into her, determined to savour the last moments.

It was happening. She cried out trying desperately to stop it. She grasped frantically at her control but it felt like trying to hold on to thin air. It was gone.

“Logan...” she cried out. “LOGAN!”


*********************

(song-Starlight by Muse)

Logan didn’t open his eyes when his hand reached out to stop hers. “That tickles.” He murmured quietly.

“Good to have you back.” She said smiling down at him.

His gaze flickered towards the door then to her eyes again. “Couldn’t wait to get my shirt off again huh?”
Jean rolled her eyes. “Well, you have been busy lately.” She added with a smile.

He ignored her flirtatious gesture. “Where’s Rogue?” he murmured under his breath sitting up.

“She’s back to her regular self.” Jean said sufficiently. She leaned in closer placing her hands on his knees with a smile. “She took on some of your more... charming personality traits for a while.” She placed one hand on his collarbone, letting her fingertips trace along his chest. “What were you two doing I wonder... that led to you being stuck here again.” Jean bit her lip and raised an eyebrow as Logan looked very interested in something on the ceiling.

“I... I touched her while she was resting—I needed to speed up the recovery rate I suppose.”

“And that’s all that happened?” Jean prodded.
His narrowed eyes met hers. “Why does it matter to you?”
She shrugged. “It doesn’t. Not really.” She slipped one hand against his cheek. “It’s not like she’d ever be able to do what I can to you.” Her fingernails slid along his bare chest causing goose bumps.

Logan wasn’t able to stop the smile from curling the corner of his lips. “You’d be surprised.”

Jean’s eyes widened. “She’s a student. And her mutation... the professor said it would take years to control let along prefect.”

He pulled the cords that measured his heart rate off of himself and sat up. “She figured it out for long enough.”
“She’s a student!” Jean hissed, getting angrier. “The professor will never allow it!”

Logan stood up now, frustrated and angry with her response. “I love her Jean. There’s no better way to explain it. I know what the consequences are and I’m willing to suffer them.”

Jean took a deep breath and brought her hand up to touch the side of his face again. “I thought that you—”

“I’m sorry Jean.” His hand caught her wrist and finally her gaze met his. “My heart belongs to someone else.”

He was given no time to find Rogue when he left Jean. The second it happened he was summoned to speak to Xavier and told of the possible evidence he might find in a location up north. He needed to go. And that thought alone was ripping him apart.

He wasn’t sure if he could face a goodbye. And he knew that by doing so—it made her seem like a one night stand when she was so much more than that to him. There was nothing that he could do. This was not what he wanted. But as he walked towards the door he froze, knowing that it was her coming after him.

“Hey,” Rogue called after him quietly. “You running again?”

He grinned at the sight of her as he turned around. “I’ve got some things to take care of up north.”

Her face fell slightly. “I don’t want you to go.” She took a step forward, one gloved hand clasping around his dog tags. She smiled as her gaze flickered from them up to his eyes watching her. She leaned in, using his chain to pull him closer and said as quietly as she could. “Can I keep you?”

His smile spread further across his face, but he knew he had to go. There were so many things that he needed to know, no matter the need to stay with her. He pulled off his dog tags and placed them in her hands, closing her fingers around them.

“I’ll be back for you.” He murmured to her quietly. There was someone standing in the doorway behind her and he did not want to risk them hearing. No one else would understand this. No one would comprehend what they were feeling. There wasn’t anyone who could identify with these emotions that they themselves did not understand.
He pulled her into his arms and she rested her head on his chest for a long breath. He pulled back only enough to look at her before he gently kissed her forehead. Her entire body tingled from a single touch. But that was when he let go of her and began to pull away.

Rogue knew there were people around, but she didn’t really care. Somehow it didn’t even seem like anyone was there when she couldn’t let him go. Her hands reached up and grasped his collar and she pulled him in for a kiss. He leaned in to her obligingly.

Her arms locked around his neck, never wanting to let him go while her fingers wound through his hair.

But he felt the stares the same time that she did, and both pulled away. She didn’t break his gaze as she murmured a goodbye with a smile.

Logan nodded.
And then he was gone.

Rogue closed her eyes, not wanting to face the people around her. Not yet. No questions just yet. Wait. Her hand gripped tightly at the necklace there. She wasn’t sure if she’d ever let it go.
End Notes:
I hope you liked it. I may or may not continue the story into X2. Let me know.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3646