Stay by mltaylor1985
Summary: Marie makes a decision
Categories: X1, X2, X3 Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Shipper, Songfic
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 5493 Read: 46278 Published: 11/23/2009 Updated: 01/20/2010
Story Notes:
Loosely based on the song by Jennifer Nettles.

1. Chapter 1 by mltaylor1985

2. Chapter 2 by mltaylor1985

3. Chapter 3 by mltaylor1985

4. Chapter 4 by mltaylor1985

5. Chapter 5 by mltaylor1985

6. Chapter 6 by mltaylor1985

7. Chapter 7 by mltaylor1985

8. Chapter 8 by mltaylor1985

Chapter 1 by mltaylor1985
Author's Notes:
I don't own them... if I did, I wouldn't been spending so much time writing stories....
Propped up against his chest, I was watching my favorite movie, Fried Green Tomatoes. After all, you can take the girl out of the South, but ya can't take the South outta the girl.

Just as my favorite scene is coming up, Logan's cell phone began to ring. Looking at me apologetically, he stands up and walks to the other side of the room. He speaks queitly.

I pretend I don't know who is on the phone. But only two people have his cell number. Since I was the one who bought it, a security blanket for me for when he is on one of his trips, it had to be her.

I act like I don't know who he talks to when he gets these calls. Or where he goes afterwards. Just like he pretends that he doesn't know that he is hurting me everytime he goes to her. That he can't smell my tears as he walks down the hall from our room.

Granted, our relationship has never moved past a deep friendship. We share a bedroom because of the nightmares. When either of us have tried to sleep alone, we have woke up in a cold sweat.

I know he'll be back in a few hours. To sleep in our bed. Smelling faintly of her. If I didn't have his enhances senses, I wouldn't be able to pick out her perfume. I don't think he remembers that I still have his senses. He isn't cruel like that. He would shower first. Never rubbing my face in it.

He doesn't know it yet. But I won't be here when he returns. I've made my decision. I dont' have the strength to continue mending my heart everytime he breaks it.

Maybe one day, when I am a stronger person, I will return. One day when I can look him in the eyes. Not seeing eveything that could have been had he only chose me.
Chapter 2 by mltaylor1985
Author's Notes:
this is something my sister thought up. I think it is the perfect piece to add. Hopefully the next chapter will be up soon.
Logan,

Wow! There are so many things I wanna say to you and so little time. From the first time I saw you I knew you were special. I don’t mean because you are a mutant. I mean you as a person are special.
Somehow I knew in my soul that with you was safety and understanding.
I remember the first time you called me “darling”. I was so used to hearing “kid” or “Marie”; my heart actually skipped a beat. I know you probably didn’t even realize you had said it. I did and it meant so much to me.
I remember all those walks in the woods together. How you would seek me out in the mansion and give my hand a little tug. I knew right away where we were going. You always held my hand the whole time. No words were needed, just you and me alone together. I secretly marked every walk on my calendar, I’ll never forget them.
I remember the jewelry box you made for my eighteenth birthday. So beautifully crafted and such intricate designs, you must have spent hours on it. Even though the only jewelry I own will always stay around my neck. It is my favorite treasure. Simply because you made it for me.
I remember when, after my nightmares started coming every night, I came back from class to find you in my room packing my belongings into empty boxes. You told me I was moving in with you so you could be there to hold me when they came. Little did we know after I moved in, neither of us would have anymore nightmares. I can’t begin to express what it meant to me to be able to protect you from your nightmares too.
Every memory of you, and with you, I will always cherish. I know you won’t understand why I’m leaving. Please know that I must. After all, what would you do if you were me? When it’s suicide to stay and murder to leave.

Marie

P.S. My favorite memory of all is how you would never let me forget Marie.
End Notes:
the lyrics "What would you do if you were me. When it's suicide to stay and murder to leave" are lyrics to the song...

What Would You Do by Edie Brickell
Chapter 3 by mltaylor1985
Author's Notes:
Logan's reaction to Marie's letter...

I have started work on the next chapter... at least in my head... try to have it up as soon as possible.
Silent footsteps made their way down the darkened hallway. He had been gone longer than usual this time.
Not that he exactly time his escapades. Any other time, he would be bragging about his endurance. However, he also knew that Marie would be sleeping now. He didn’t want to disturb her.
He quickly entered the bedroom, though he made sure the door made no sound. Entering the bathroom, he rushed through his nighttime ritual.
Pulling back the covers he crawled into bed. Settling onto his side, he reached his hand over to brush Marie’s arm. Just to let her know he was here now.
His hand landed on the cold blankets. Marie wasn’t in bed. Judging by the cold sheets, she hadn’t been there at all.
Frowning, he reached for the bedside lamp. Light poured over the room now. Nothing could have prepared him for what he saw though.
All traces of Marie were gone from the room. Her trinkets and knick-knacks were missing. The closet door was open and empty hangers remained where her clothes used to be.
Panicking, he wrenched the door open. He flew down the corridor to her old room. Empty. It was just like it had been when she had closed the door the last time.
He headed back to his room, determined to get dressed. Turning to grab his shoes, he saw a white envelope. Somehow it seemed emphasized by the stark Spartan atmosphere of the room.
Trembling fingers reached out. Her neat cursive letters spelled out his name. Pulling out the folded letter he began to read:

Logan,
Wow! There are so many things I wanna say to you and so little time …

What did she mean “so little time”?
He slowly read the letter. His knees gave out and he sank to the floor.

…with you was safety and understanding…

His fingers caressed those words. Her image of him touched a part of the heart he claimed he didn’t have.

… all those walks in the woods…
He had never realized just how much those little things had meant to her. He would have done more.

…beautifully crafted and such intricate designs…
The smile she had given him when he had handed her the jewelry box rose to the front of his mind.

…Marie…

Silently, tears flowed down his cheeks.
The coldness of her absence wrapped around his heart. He needed her essence there to warm him again.
Suddenly the room seemed to close in on him. The need to escape, to be in the wild, overwhelmed him.
Driving him outdoors, into the wooded property surrounding the mansion.
The torment in his soul caused him actual pain.
Falling to his knees, he threw his head back releasing a blood-chilling howl.
End Notes:
Hopefully this chapter has redemed Logan...

I have never been one to be able to stay mad at him for very long. LOL!
Chapter 4 by mltaylor1985
Author's Notes:
Okay. I know this is short, but I promise, I will get better.

Also, since I am Southern, I really am not familiar with how the British talk. I tried to use the most proper terminology. Sorry if it didn't work.
Logan’s anguish was visible to everyone. He had barely left the danger room. It had been a full week since Rogue had left. The only times he left was to sleep, eat, or when the students had to train.
Charles could sense the internal battle the Logan waged. Should he track her down and force her to come back? Or should he give her what she seemed to need?
He hadn’t told Logan, or anyone else, yet. He had contacted Marie, through Cerebro, the day after she had left. After having a conversation with her, he had agreed to give her some time alone.
He had provided her a new identity, an address and keys to a cottage he owned in Vermont, and some traveling money. He had sent the package overnight.
He knew if Logan knew of this, he would make the decision to find her. He hated the secrecy and hated to see him in such pain and misery. However, he had made Rogue a promise.


Marie sat at the breakfast nook in her borrowed cottage.
She missed her friends so much. She wanted to call them. She knew they must be worried by now. Yet she also knew that if she called, Logan would want her to come home. She couldn’t face him yet. Not when he was still with Jean.
Xavier had told her Logan was still at the mansion, at least for now. So, she was safe here. He had promised that if he left, he would let her know.
She had decided to just choose random places to live. Throw him off her trail. After all, she did have him in her head. That had to be an advantage right?
Of course, that is what he would do if someone was tracking him. So she wasn’t sure if it would work.
She just hoped that he would give her the time required to mend her broken heart.


The urge to leave was stronger today than usual. He had already gone through several simulations trying to soothe the beast inside him. The Wolverine wanted to find Rogue and bring her back home, where she would be safe.
He hadn’t slept a full night since she had been gone. Nightmares plagued his sleep. But these nightmares weren’t filled with labs, doctors, and being torn apart systematically. No, every night when he tried to sleep, he dreamed Marie was dying.
Sabretooth had found her and was ripping her apart piece by piece. He never got to her in time. He always woke up, covered in sweat, tears pouring from his eyes, and had to race to the bathroom. The thought of not being able to save Marie made him violently ill.
Pacing the cold, steel plated floor of the Danger room, he finally made his decision. Marie’s wishes be damned. He had a promise to keep. She could be pissed at him, but at least she would be alive.


Marie felt a tickle at the base of her skull.
“Yes, professor?”
“Rogue, he made his decision. He left the mansion thirty minutes ago on Scott’s new bike.”
“Oh no. Do you know which way he is headed?
“He is headed north. I am having trouble reaching him. My dear, I believe the Wolverine has managed to push through.”
“I should have enough time to pack my bags and leave right?”
“Perhaps it is best to just grab the essential necessities and leave. You do not have much time.”
“Your cottage is very lovely; I had hoped to get to stay here longer.”
“Do you know where you will go now?”
“I am thinking, perhaps Arizona. Though I am not looking forward to the heat.”
“Be careful. I will continue to use Cerebro to track him. Hopefully I can reach him. Convince him to come back. I do not believe it will work, but perhaps it will buy you some time.”
“Thank you, Charles.”




End Notes:
I will have a new chapter up by Monday, that I promise you.
Chapter 5 by mltaylor1985
Author's Notes:
A little early, consider it a Christmas present.

Again, thanks for all the lovely comments. you guys really rock.

Try to have another chapter up soon. I'm off work til Monday. So maybe able to get another up before Monday.
It had been a long day. He had finally reached his limit of sleep deprivation. He had traveled fourteen hours today. He’d found a cheap, run-down motel and crashed hard.

Now he was awake, thinking back over the last few days before Marie had left. She had become a little more withdrawn than usual. Of course, he’d been too busy to really talk to her about it.

Between classes, training sessions, and figuring out how to nail his woman, he’d been a busy man.

Thinking of Jean, he frowned. She had been angry at him for leaving. Told him that Rogue was old enough to go away without needing him to trail after her.
He’d told her that he’d made a promise to Rogue. One that didn’t have an age limit.
She had questioned his real motive. Angry and confused, he’d lashed out at her. Telling her that just because they screwed each other, didn’t give her the right to question anything he did.

Then she’d said that since it obviously meant so little to him, he didn’t have to worry about them “screwing” anymore.

So now, he was in bed alone, an unusual occurrence, and both of the women in his life were pissed at him.
Well actually, Jean wasn’t his woman anymore. Not that she’d had ever really been his woman.

So that just left Marie. Was she his woman? Sure, they were as close as two people could ever be without being intimate. Hell, she even had him in her head.

All this thinking was giving him a headache. He needed to focus his energy on finding Marie before he tried to analyze just what they were to each other.

His instincts told him that she wouldn’t go back to Canada. That would be one of the first places he would think to look. She wouldn’t go South either. Too many memories and heartaches.

So where would she go?

He knew the Wolverine in her mind would help her disappear and hide her tracks. So how did someone outsmart their own selves?

Closing his eyes, he thought back through everything he had taught Marie. His first rule was to make yourself invisible. To blend into your surroundings.
Too never make eye contact. Hide anything that would be memorable. Scars, tattoos, distinguishing features. Of course, her white streaks were hard to get rid of. Lord knows she had tried a million times after the Liberty incident.

So short of cutting her hair off or wearing a hat, someone would see her streaks and remember her.
And her clothes and gloves. It was summertime after all. Not too many people bundled up in layers of clothes in 90 degree weather.

He had no doubts he would find her. Once he found her trail.

He headed to the diner across town. Get something to eat and ask a couple waitresses if she’d been through here.
He knew his chances were slim, but he had to know. If she hadn’t then he’d head west.

Maybe he’d try Washington.

The weather there would be perfect for Marie. Not too hot, not too cold. Of course, that would be too easy. Oh well, thousands of miles between here and there. Plenty of places she could be. She couldn’t hide forever. Not from him.
End Notes:
My sister had told me that I needed to address the Jean issue. So consider it taken care of.
Chapter 6 by mltaylor1985
Author's Notes:
Hope you really like this. I couldn't go to sleep last night until I got this out of my head.
Marie was angry. She had specifically told Logan that she needed time alone to find herself. Not only that, but she had truly loved that cottage.
Now that ape-head Logan had forced her once again to run. He had better pray that he didn’t find her. Because if he did, she was going to kick his Wolverine ass all the way back to New York.
After she had spoken to Xavier, she had run through the cottage throwing everything she could see in a duffel bag. She had had to leave a lot of things there. Thankfully, it would be safe until she could have them shipped back to the mansion.
Another reason to rip Logan a new one.
She dreaded the desert landscape and heat she would encounter living in Arizona. Luckily, if she had time, she could work on getting a tan. It was hard to walk around looking as pale as a ghost.
She laughed to herself. Boy, hanging around Jubes and Kitty was rubbing off on her. Here she was on the run and all she was concerned about her pale skin.
She’d have to remember to tell her two friends about that next time she saw them. Whenever that might be.
Scanning the open road, she saw a road sign to her right. “Destry, Ohio population 3,023”.
Hmm, not that big a city. Yet big enough that a stranger wouldn’t drawl unnecessary attention. It was the perfect place to stop for the night.
She had driven the first two days without really stopping. Sleeping in her car at rest stops when she couldn’t stay awake any longer. It would be nice to sleep in a real bed. Stretch her legs out over the wide expanse or cotton-sheeted heaven. The thought almost cheered her up enough to push thoughts of revenge aside. Almost.
She knew that her streaks would be a huge billboard of advertisement: [Hey, notice me. Remember me. So if anyone asks, you can say that you saw me.] So she grabbed the ball cap lying in the passenger seat, grabbed her wallet, stuffing her purse underneath the seat, and went to see a man about a room.
Five minutes later, she held a key to the room registered to Jessica Lawson. Mission accomplished she walked to the McDonald’s across the street. After all, fast food restaurants were always so busy that trying to remember one particular customer would be next to impossible. She could sense the Wolverine in her head beaming in approval.
She decided to go to the Wal-mart across town. She needed to restock on her personal hygiene products. Plus, she’d left a lot of her clothes back at the cottage. She only had a small handful of underwear. She wasn’t one of those people who could justify wearing panties for more than one day before washing them. Gross.
Plus having more clothes meant doing laundry less often. Big plus when you are running. She decided to leave all her belongings, except what she needed, in her car. That way, if she had to leave in a hurry, she wouldn’t have to leave anything behind again. Never say Rogue didn’t learn from her mistakes.
She longed for a beer and a cigar. Thinking of Logan all day had increased the intensity. Thank God those were the only cravings she was having. Nope, the only action she wanted tonight would be on ESPN. Thank God for small mercies.
Grabbing a hot shower, she sat in the center of the bed. Folding her body into the lotus position, just as Logan had taught her. She needed to clear her head out and focus herself. Figure out her plans for her cross country road trip.
Since she had Xavier’s help, she didn’t have to worry about money. So getting odd jobs here and there, or hawking her belongings, was not an issue. When this was over, she would have to do some extra work around the mansion to pay the Professor back.
So, all she had to worry about was staying ahead of Logan and mapping out a route. She’d made an indecipherable zigzag across the Northern states. Now it was time to terrorize the South.
She knew Logan would think she wouldn’t want to go to Mississippi. So, that of course, was almost like a dare to her. At this point, she was so angry at him, she might just driver down her old street just to prove to him that he didn’t know her all that well after all.
Then again, did she really want to open all those old hurts again? Be within touching distance of her mother and father, and not even be able to stay and say hello to them. She should probably just skip over that portion of the tour. Just avoid Meridian, Mississippi, like it had the plague. Damn if he didn’t know her after all.
And wasn’t that just another reason to stomp his ass into the ground.

End Notes:
I happen to like this side of Marie. Almost feel bad for Logan. Almost! LOL
Chapter 7 by mltaylor1985
Logan was becoming more and more frustrated each day. No one had seen anyone resembling Marie in any of the towns he had been.

It was almost as if she had vanished off the face of the Earth. Granted, she was a mutant, so it could be possible. However, he seriously doubted she truly had.

The thought briefly flashed through his head that she wasn't in the US anymore. Maybe, since she new his severe hate of flying, she had gone overseas. Yet that didn't feel right either.

All his instincts told him she was still here. He just wasn't looking in the right places. So far, he knew she wasn't anywhere in the Northeast. He still doubted she had gone south, but he was desperate enough to go search anyways.

Stopping at a little town just inside Tennessee, he walked into the local diner. He ordered a cheeseburger and fries, then began questioning the waitresses.

Suddenly his luck changed. One of the waitresses recalled seeing a young girl checking into the motel across the street a few nights ago.

Grabbing his food to go he hustled over to the motel. The guy at the desk remembered checking a girl in, but kept insisting her name wasn't Marie. Pulling up the registry logs, he told him her name was Jessica Lawson.

" Man, she was so hot. I tried to get her to go to dinner with me, But she refused. "

Logan fought down the urge to beat him into a bloody mess.

" What room did she use? "

" Room 204. "

" Is it available? "

" Uh, yeah. They should be done cleaning it. "

" Great. I'll take that one then. "

Paying for the room, he grabbed is bag. He paused in the door.

" Did she say why she wouldn't go out with you? "

" Yeah, said she was in love with some jerk who didn't know just how lucky he was. "

Logan smiled to himself. So she was in love with him. Oh Marie, darling believe me I know how lucky I am now.

Opening his room door, er scent bombarded his senses. He closed the door and breathed deeply. It was like a warm blanket surrounding him. Even thought he hadn't found her yet, his spirits were lifted.

That night he had the first night of peace since she had left. Waking refreshed, he searched for any clues she may have left. He was disgruntled when he came up empty.

At least he was on the right track though. She'd been here. Now he needed to pick up her trail. If everything worked out right, he'd be with her in a few days.

He walked around town trying to locate her scent. Determine which direction she had gone.

Once again, luck was on his side. The gas station attendant remembered her stopping in for gas before she left town. So now, he had her trail.

Time to do some hunting.

-----------------------------------

Two days later, he found his next clue. She had passed through the northern part of Mississippi, then headed to Arkansas. He could just see her sending him a mental FU , as she drove through Mississippi.

So, She was headed west. Using his healing abilities as he drove through the night. Arriving in Texas late the next day. If he had timed it right , he was just a day behind her. If he pushed he could meet up with her as she would be headed out tomorrow morning.

However, he knew he needed to sleep and figure out what to say to her. How to convince her of his sincerity. He knew he had a lot to apologize for. A lot of crawling and begging to do before he was back in her good graces. Only for his Marie would he even think of graveling and begging for forgiveness.

After thinking about it, he decided to push on through the night. Being this close to her he couldn't force himself to stop, even for sleep. The next time he slept would be with Marie at his side, where she belonged.

Just as the sun came up he spotted a motel sign. He could only hope that her car would be there. Driving through the lot, not seeing any familiar vehicles, he almost decided to go on to the next town. Common sense told him to check with the front desk first.

Five minutes later, after his own particular brand of coercion and intimidation, he had Marie's room key in hand.

Slipping the key into the lock, he opened the door. Steeping inside, he saw the most beautiful thing in the world. His Marie.

Unfortunately, she appeared to be having a nightmare. Shutting the door, he hurried to her side. She jerked up in bed and screamed.

" Marie, baby, wake up. It's only a dream baby. You're okay darlin. I'm here, Marie, come on wake up. "

Feeling strong arms embracing her, Marie leaned into Logan. Her mind was still fighting off the nightmare.

Laying back on the bed, Logan pulled her down , wrapping his body around hers. Using soothing words, he lured her back to sleep.

Once he knew she was asleep, he followed.

---------------------------------------------------------

Marie knew something was wrong, she just couldn't figure out what it was.

She slowly woke up, feeling more refreshed than she had felt since she had left the mansion.

She remembered having a nightmare. Then she remembered dreaming that Logan was here. It was only a dream though.

As she started to get up she felt an arm snake around her waist, pulling her back down. She landed against a hard chest.

She began to struggle, instinctively going into fight mode. She let the Wolverine push to the front of her mind. She refused to be anyone's victim.

Sensing her panic and fear Logan woke up immediately. Prepared to fight and defend his woman.

Unfortunately for him, he was the assumed danger. Before he could defend himself he was on the receiving end of the training he had given Rogue.

" Marie, stop. It's okay. You're safe, It's me, Logan. "

She could hear his words but she couldn't understand what he was saying. She was in a rage. All her senses were focused on survival.

He could see that his words hadn't made any impact on her. So, using some quick countering maneuvers, he pinned her body beneath him. He used his upper body strength to pin her arms to the mattress.

" Marie darlin, Look at me. It's Logan. You're okay, you're safe. Stop fighting. "

" Go to hell you bastard. "

Not sure if she knew who he was, he kissed her. Forcing her mouth to open for him. He used his lips and tongue to soothe her, or at least distract her.

Feeling her anger and panic melt away, he ended the kiss. Resting his forehead against hers, he began to talk. Just saying random things to calm her down completely. Allowing her to latch onto his voice,

" Logan? What are you doing here? "

" Hey darlin. I picked up your trail in TN. Been following it ever since. I've got to say, you led me on a pretty good chase for a while there. "

" Why'd you follow me? Isn't Jean wandering where you are? "

" Marie, I'd follow you anywhere. Darling, did you really think I'd let you go that easily. As for Jean, well lets just say that we didn't part on good terms. "

" Let me up Logan, you're crushing me. "

" Sorry. "

Lifting his body off hers. he didn't expect the knee to his groin.

Rolling onto his back, clutching his bruised balls, he shot Marie a confused look.

" So you think you can just waltz into my motel room, sleep in my bed, and that means every things okay. If you think that just because it went sour between you and Dr. Feel Good, that you and me are best friends again, think again. "

Struggling to catch his breath, Logan could only flinch at her angry words.

" It's not like that Marie. Honest. I was already coming for you . Jean had nothing to do with this. I couldn't stand the thought of you being out here all alone. "

" I swear Logan!!! "

He ducked out of the way as the book, he didn't realize she had grabbed, went sailing past his head. He had a feeling he might not come out of this graveling without some serious injuries.





Chapter 8 by mltaylor1985
Author's Notes:
I'm sorry it took me so long to write this last chapter. Between Poker night and other stories that kept popping into my head, this one just sort of got pushed into the back corner of my brain. I hope you like this chapter.
Peering up at Marie from his place on the floor, Logan could see the anger in her eyes. He had a feeling this wasn't going to go according to his plan. Of course, when was the last time anything happened easily for him or Marie.

Pushing himself up off the floor, he dodged everything she through at him. It was amazing what she was able to find to throw at him. If it wasn't nailed down, he was sure she would have chucked the bathroom sink at his head.

Knowing he had to get close enough to her without causing either of them injury, he walked ahead. Praying along the way that she would soon run out of things to hurl. Closing in on her, he grabbed her by the arms, pining her to the wall. Making sure to keep his lower half out of knee range. Getting nailed in the groin once was enough. Sure it hadn't hurt half as much as it would've for any man, thanks to his healing ability, but it still hurt.

"Marie, listen to me. I'm sorry that I hurt you. You know I would never hurt you intentionally. When you left, I went a little insane. Do you realize just how dangerous it is out here. If someone had realized that you are a mutant, they could have killed you. Not to mention Buckethead and his idiots."

"Do you realize I could smell her on you every time you came back to our room? You came to our bed smelling like another woman. Do you know how that made me feel every night? Not too mention the fact that because of you, Scott got his heart broken. Now you want to stand here and tell me you were worried about me. Great timing as usual Logan." Marie replied through clenched teeth.

" Oh my God, Marie I'm so sorry baby. I didn't realize. I didn't think about that. You know I would have never hurt you like that. Darlin, believe me. I know I am an asshole. But I would never do that on purpose. Never to you.You have to believe me."

Staring at his appaled face, she knew he was being sincere. Suddenly she felt so tired and defeated. Slumping to the ground, she cradled her head in between her raised legs.

Seeing her looking so defeated broke his heart. Sitting down on the floor, he crawled next to her. Wrapping his arms around her.

"Marie, listen to me. I know what I did was wrong. We both know that. But you've got it all wrong. Yes I came after you to protect you. Not because I don't think you can take care of yourself, but because that what a man does when the woman he loves goes away. I may have regenerative healing abilities but even I can't survive without a heart."

Raising her head to stare at him, tears streaming down her face, she opened her mouth to respond.

"What do you mean, what are you saying Logan?"

"I'm telling you that I love you, Marie. I always knew I cared about you, but I didn't realize until after you had left that I was in love with you. Then you were gone. My heart stopped beating until I saw you in that bed sleeping. When I laid down beside you, wrapped my arms around you, I knew that I would be okay. You are my world baby."

"What about Jean Logan. I love you but if you think I will share you with another woman, you are out of what little bit of mind you may have left."

"Baby, I told you the truth. Jean and I are history. When she gave me the ultimatum of you or her, I knew right away who was more important to me. I never loved her. Sure I cared about her, but you are the only person in this world that I truly love."

"So now what do we do, sugar?"

"Well we can either stay here and continue on your road trip. Or we can go home. Either way, I'm never leaving you. You will never be able to get rid of me."

"I say we should get back in that bed and go back to sleep. Then we can decide what we want to do wtih the rest of our lives."

Logan stood up then gently lifted Marie into his arms. Carrying her to the bed. Laying down beside her, he placed a gentle kiss on her lips, curled his arm around her waist, tucked her into his body, and promptly fell alseep.

Not quite believing what had just happened between Logan and her, Marie pinched her arm. Realizing she was laying in the arms of the man she loved, and who loved her, Marie fell asleep. A big smile was on her face.
End Notes:
THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who read and reviewed my story. I have to say this was a lot of fun. I had originally meant the first chapter to be the only chapter, but you guys inspired me to continue on.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3582