Withdrawals by mltaylor1985
Summary: It had been 168 hours......
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Dark
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 384 Read: 1847 Published: 11/18/2009 Updated: 11/18/2009
Story Notes:
i do not own anything or anyone. sad i know...

1. Chapter 1 by mltaylor1985

Chapter 1 by mltaylor1985
It had been 168 hours since he had walked out the front door of the mansion without once looking over his shoulder.

The first day hadn't been so bad. After all, she had his dogtags. They had been her security blanket. At least for the first day.

Day two had been slightly off. She had woke up expecting to see him sitting at breakfast. Her heart had learched when the realization dawned on her. The first of many tears to come.

She started to fold in on herself by day three. Going to class but not really interacting with anyone, not that anyone had noticed. After all, life at the mansion certainly didn't revolve around her.

Days four and five were the most painful of all. She cried continuously. Locking herself in Logan's room. Breathing in his scent on the pillow. The blocks in her mind keeping the Professor and Dr. Grey from reaching through to her.

She woke up in a cold sweat on the morning of day six. Shivering and nauseous. Alternating between extreme sadness to full blown rage that he had left her after promising to protect her. How did he expect to protect her when she was in New York and he was in Canada.

By day seven, everyone was worried about her. Jean and Scott had enlisted Kitty and Peter to break into Logan's room. After phasing Peter and herself through Kitty unlocked the door, allowing Peter to carry a very unhappy and uncooperative Rogue out of her prison.

Professor Xavier debated whether to contact Logan. I f he did, then Rogue would never be able to gain her own foothold, always depending on Logan. Yet if he didn't and Logan caught wind of it, he would have a very irate Wolverine to deal with.

Marie woke up alone in the Medlab. Jean had left a dinner tray on the shelf. She knew it was unhealthy for her to be so attached and dependent on Logan, but how was she supposed to separate herself from the warm and safe feeling he produced in her.

It had been 336 hours since he had walked out the door. And though she still missed him the withdrawal pangs were starting to fade. After all, he ad made a promise to come back.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3574